American Imperialism, Transnational Capitalist Class and Globalization of Capitalism
Note: Partially based on Wikipedia article
(which avoids discussion neoliberalism as the "imperial method used for the building modern US empire).
The "American Exceptionalism" is geo-political trap the USA now experiencing. This is a unique brand of nationalism and
after September 2001 thee jaws of American imperialism: intelligence agencies, military
and financial oligarchy are too tight for the country to leave this (potentially
self-destructing) path. So it looks like the USA will continues its international
power projection and unique financial imperialism in foreseeable future no matter what are internal costs. Leon Trotsky saying is
fully applicable to the current decline of the American imperialism, the process started in 2008 "We will leave, but we will slam the door so hard
the world will shudder," Trump presidency is clearly start of slamming the door.
Leopard can't change its spots. The same is true for the USA. It is metropolis for a large "neoliberal" empire governed
from Washington and to some extent form London as the second most important financial center of the empire. It is attached to
neoliberalism and death of neoliberalism means the death of this empire. The USA dominance
is maintained mostly not by force of arms but by installing and cultivating comprador elites ("regime change/color
revolutions) and financial mechanism, due to the role of dominant role of
the USA Treasury, USA banks and two controlled by the USA international financial institutions (IMF and the World Bank) in the
world financial system. This mechanism involves in many cases converting and then keeping the country in the status of a debt
slave (to IMF or both IMF and private banks; Greece and Ukraine are notable examples)
Probably in a hundred years or so there will be discussion about whether the USA imperialism was totally harmful or at least
somewhat beneficial for the vassal nations. Like discussion about Roman empire and British empire.
American imperialism is the economic/financial (as well as military and cultural) dominance
of the United States over other countries. It is based on neoliberalism, so it more properly can be
Neoliberalism and associated with it a new type of empire (the USA neoliberal empire) was not an accident, it was a development that
while started in the USA took roots in
many countries, including such diverse as Chile (Pinochet), GB (Thatcher), China (Deng
Xiaoping was a neoliberal reformer), Russia (Yeltsin gang), and many other countries.
Since the late 1970s, a shift of economic activity from the production of goods and non-financial
services to finance has been adopted as mean to escape diminishing return on capital. The
oil crisis of the 1970s was probably another factor in the decision of the elite (and it was
decision, a conscious choice, not an accident) to switch to neoliberal policies.
"American empire" consists of vassal states and colonies. Vassal state that have some degree of
independence is essentially a codename for NATO. All other states are colonies. An international
financial elite (Davos crowd) which BTW consider the USA and NATO as a enforcer, a tool for getting
what they want, much like Bolsheviks considered Soviet Russia to be such a tool. The last thing they
are concerned is the well-being of American people.
During its history which starts around 70th (with the first major success the
Pinochet's coup de etat
in Chile, which was supported by the USA), neoliberalism undergone several stages of development:
- Deconstruction of Keynesian consensus (known as New Deal in the USA). That stage lasted
from 1945 to approximately 1980 (Reagan election) when part of New Deal regulations has been found
not compatible with realities after Vietnam was and were repealed
- Construction of a new, neoliberal alternative: financial capitalism (aka "casino
capitalism" in G7 countries and establishing neo-imperial domination over the rest of world).
While a push for neoliberalism always emanated from the United States, it was Margaret Thatcher government
which first tried to implement it as a full scale social program in GB, with the side effect of bolstering
GB financial industry and partially returning London the glory of major international financial center.
The USA also went into overdrive in implementing neoliberal doctrine under Reagan. This stage lasted
approximately till 1991 and in the process neoliberal managed to put the USSR on debt needle (incompetence
and cronyism of the USSR aging nomenklatura greatly helped) , making it in essence a colonial country
("Volta with rockets").
- Triumphal march of neoliberalism over the world. It started with dissolution of the USSR
and ended with the attack on Serbia. Triumphal march of neoliberalism started with the reunification
of Germany and dissolution of the USSR. It lasted almost a decade. During this period all countries
of former Socialist blocks were converted into neoliberal model, some with great costs and suffering
of the population (Russia economics was devastated but lately recovered at least partially, Ukraine
went in tailspin and never recovered; standard of living of population initially drops to Poorest
Africa nations level and state assets were privatized for pennies on a dollar). The key ideas of
this period, known as Washington Consensus included deregulation and acquiring by finance sector
commanding influence in government (corruption and transformation/selloff of Democratic Party into
Wall Street Party under Clinton). See
At this point neoliberalism became official ideology of both republican and democratic parties (Clinton
Democratic Party transformation was ended the process started under Carter).
The key here is that market economies have never existed independent of nation states.
Neoliberalism is characterized by flow of the capital to the USA and other major western
countries, rather than spreading the wealth from the wealthy center to the poorer periphery.
By putting in debt a growing proportion of "third world" nations (and that includes some
first world countries like Greece, Cyprus, Italy, Spain) a new finance based mechanism of
dominance ( "debt slavery") emerged. Countries are forced to accumulate debt in external
currency (euro or dollars) and that alone ensures the necessary level of political dependence on the USA and other major Western
countries. "Dollarized" countries became political satellites, vassals of the USA (a classic
example here is Yeltsin's Russia), with weakened "privatized" economy (which amounted to sell of
assets to foreigners on pennies for a dollar). All of them were forced into debt slavery via the
International Monetary Fund (IMF) and its sister institution, the World Bank.
As professor Hudson noted (Financial
Capitalism v. Industrial Capitalism, 1998):
These institutions are imposing the same creditor-oriented monetarism that wrecked the world
economy in the 1920s, triggering the Great Depression. Instead of helping the world’s poorer debtor
economies develop, the IMF and World Bank programs ‘underdevelop’ them, polarizing their
economies between a wealthy top layer and poverty for the vast majority. Turned into a
U.S. Cold War arm under the stewardship of Robert McNamara, the World Bank has become a powerful
arm of the new global class war, most notoriously Russia and East Asia.
The upshot has been to leave the world’s poorer economies even deeper in debt, and so financially
strapped that they are obliged to sell off to international financial institutions whatever assets
remain in their public domain. While wealth and incomes have polarized as a result of the active
intervention of the World Bank and IMF on behalf of the ruling kleptocracies throughout Africa,
Latin America and Asia, the physical environments of these debtor economies have been devastated
by the ecological consequences of the World Bank’s raw-materials export programs. Pandemics have
broken out as public health programs have been dismantled as domestic budgets have been stripped
to service the mounting foreign debt. This has impaired the ability of governments to contain
new diseases and undertake ameliorative social spending.
- Neoconservative stage (Imperial overstretch). This stage started
with attack on Serbia and continued till 2008. This stage of neoliberalism is best defined by
its extremely aggressive, jingoistic foreign policy of the USA as a new neoliberal hegemon. The agenda
of neoconservative part of the USA elite, which was actually widely shared outside usual suspects
includes full spectrum dominance, imperial overstretch, nuclear primacy, the right of pre-emptive
strikes at any states which do not possess nuclear weapons, and support of Israel as an official
goal of the US middle east policy. Neoconservatism shares with neoliberalism
amazing similarities with Trotskyism. Trotskyite idea of "permanent revolution" was creatively transformed
into "permanent democratization". Series of "democratization wars" which opened several countries
to neoliberal agenda and killed more then a million of people followed. It was supplemented by a
series of successful "color revolutions" in
countries like Serbia, Georgia, Ukraine which brought to power neoliberal, pro-US regimes run by
It was the attack on Serbia (March 24, 1999 to June 10, 1999) that helped many countries to realize
that neoliberalism is a road to nowhere and the USA went too far in its "sole superpower" role. During
the campaign, 2,300 air attacks were carried out on 995 facilities around Serbia and 1,150 fighter
jets fired nearly 420,000 missiles to the total weight of 22,000 tons. NATO fired 1,300 cruise missiles,
dropped 37,000 cluster bombs which killed around 200 individuals and caused injuries to several hundred
more people. The forces also used banned depleted uranium ammunition. Later the same scenario
was repeated in Iraq with substantially larger amount of victims (over one million in total, by some
estimates; much more if we count subsequent civil war).
Backlash for neoliberalism in Russia stated almost immediately after attack on Yugoslavia.
Later Putin explicitly positioned Russia as the the country that rejects the role of the USA as the
center of neoliberal empire, while at the same time not rejecting neoliberalism per se (which is
a weak point of "Putinism" as an ideology).
Zombie stage (post-neoliberalism).
This stage which by one author (Colin Crouch) was called "Strange
non-death of neoliberalism" started in 2008 and still continues. During this stage tendencies
that characterized Neoconservative stage became
more brutal. Several civil wars were unleashed after neoliberal color revolutions organized and financed
by the USA and allies in such countries as Libya and
Ukraine. The USA State Department
continued to be dominated by neocons (Hillary Clinton
was amazingly close to Dick Cheney in her foreign
policy views; As a
Victoria Nuland is probably to the right of her famous
neocon husband Robert Karan).
Which make Obama regime foreign policy a clone of Bush II exceptionalism and he himself essentially
turned into Bush III.
Retreat into "national neoliberalism" and aggressive "no rules allies" enforcing of its dominance. This is
the stage initiated by Thump who wanted to convert neoliberal globalization from governed by international treaties to pure
domination of the USA using direct application of financial and economic muscle So fat is was successful to forging a
losses coalition of china, Russia, Turkey, Iran and India opposing Trump efforts. .
The implosion of the entire global banking/mortgage industry in 2008 has essentially delegitimized
neoliberalism central mantra about self-regulating market (which was a fake to begin with) and thus
made it far less attractive as an economic and social model which the U.S. has been pleased to espouse
as the royal road to prosperity for decades.
|The implosion of the entire global banking/mortgage industry in 2008 has essentially
delegitimized neoliberalism central mantra about self-regulating market (which was a fake
to begin with) and thus made it far less attractive as an economic and social model
which the U.S. has been pleased to espouse as the royal road to prosperity for decades.
Also the neoliberal Pax Americana and the neoliberal version of global capitalism are
increasingly contested by China, with the help of India, Russia, and Brazil
War on Liberalism The National Interest )
In different ways, Xi Jinping’s China, Vladimir Putin’s Russia and Narendra Modi’s India represent
an alternative economic model, in which free markets and state capitalism are blended under strong
In other words 2008 signified the "end of the beginning, not the beginning of the end" of Washington
Consensus, if we use Churchill's words. But in
now way it means that period of neoliberal revolutions came ot the end. Inertia and the level of
technological and cultural dominance of the USA and its allies (G7) is such that even after bankruptcy
as an ideology, neoliberalism continues to its world expansion and claims new victims among "resource
nationalists" or simply "not neoliberal enough" regimes. After 2008 Libya, Syria and Ukraine were
successfully "regime changed". I think Ukraine, which was a neoliberal state even before EuroMaidan
is a special case and much of EuroMaidan events were connected with the desire to "put Russia in
place" by Washington (and its European poodles) as well as century old Germany desire to
expand its market and dominance into Ukraine.
If we assume that Marxism as a political philosophy was dead around 1960-1970 when it became evident
that working class does not represent the new dominant class able to take power and govern in a
new social system as well as the fact that Communist Party political dominance is unable
to secure higher standard of living for people then advanced capitalist societies, and never
will, and that The Iron Law of Oligarchy
is applicable to the USSR even more, not less that to any Western country. Still it took 20 years
for the USSR to collapse after the USA elite bought part of The USSR nomenclature and organized a
quite coup installing puppet neoliberal Yeltsin regime (sold as a "victory of democracy" to
lemmings by Western propaganda machine). Using neoliberal advisors from Harvard (aka "Harvard
mafia") it instituted "shock therapy" which instantly pushed 90% of population of the
xUSSR region into object poverty very and also enriched beyond imagination few multinationals who
were will full support of Yeltsin regime to steal assets and natural resources for pennies on
fifth column as an intermediary). Essentially looting of the USSR area was one of key factors
which ensured recovery and quick growth of the USA economy in late 90th which was interrupted
only by the dot-com crysy of 2000.
I would assume that neoliberalism is probably twice more resilient the communism, so 50-60 years
since it became clear that the economic doctrine of neoliberalism is a pseudoscientific joke and
its political doctrine is an eclectic mix masking financial slavery masked with the smokescreen
of propaganda about "entrepreneur class" and "shareholder value" the first sign of decay
might be a reasonable estimate ot its eventual lifetime. Much depends on the dynamics of the price of oil, as globalization and
thus forces of neoliberalism are inherently dependent on cheap hydrocarbons. High prices or relative
scarcity that affects transcontinental trade might damage neoliberalism and undermine the fifth column
that support it in.
Also high cost of hydrocarbons means "end of growth", and neoliberalism financial scheme based
on cheap credit. It might implode in the environment of slow, or close to zero growth.
That means that consistent price of oil, say, over 120 is a direct threat to neoliberal project
in the USA. Even with prices over $100 the major neoliberal economics entered the stage of
"secular stagnation". It also makes the US military which is the largest consumer of oil in the USA
much more expensive to run and increase the costs of neoliberal "wars for regime change", essentially
curtailing neoliberal expansion. Or at least making it more difficult. The same is true about financiering
of color revolutions, which as a new type of neoliberal conquests of other countries, also require
some cash, although not at the scale of "boots on the ground".
It is possible to lower the oil price, as happened at the end of 2014, but the question is how
long this period will last.
At this point ideology of neoliberalism as an ideology is completely discredited and its fake
nature is evident to large part of global elite (which probably never have any illusions from the
very beginning) as well, which is more dangerous, large part of middle class. It still is supported
by pure military and financial power of the USA and its allies as well as technological superiority
of the West in general. So only postulates of neoliberalism, especially as for free market absolutization,
started to be questioned. And partically revised (increased financial regulation is one example).
This form of neoliberalism with the core ideology intact but modified one of several postulates can
be called post-neoliberalism.
The USA still remains the most powerful country in the world with formidable military, and still
behave as a word hegemon and the only source of justice ignoring US and other International organization,
unless it if convenient to them. But as Napoleon noted "You can do anything with bayonets, but
you can't sit on them". Running aggressive foreign policy on a discredited ideology and relying
on blunt propaganda is a difficult undertaking as resistance mounts and bubble out in un-anticipated
areas (Crimea, Donetsk and Lugansk in Ukraine are recent example, when neoliberal color revolution,
which was performed by few thousands trained by the West far right militants, including openly neo-fascist
squads, led to civil war in the country).
Still, unfortunately, Libya, Syria and Ukraine, were not probably a swan song of muscular
enforcement of neoliberal model on other countries. While sponsored by the USA and allies anti-Putin
putsch in Russia (aka white revolution") failed, events in Libya and
Ukraine prove the neoliberalism
sill can launch and win offensives (aka color revolutions).
At the cost of plunging the country into economic and political chaos including civil war.
Rule of financial oligarchy also gradually comes under some (although very limited) scrutiny in
the USA. Some measures to restrict appetites of financial oligarchy were recently undertaken in Europe
(bank bonuses limitations).
HFT and derivatives still remain off-reach for regulators despite JP Morgan fiasco in May 2012
in London branch. Trade loss was around two billions, decline of bank value was around $13bn (The
Guardian) At this stage most people around the world realized that as Warren Buffett's right-hand
man Charlie Munger quipped in his CNBC interview
Trusting banks to
self-regulate is like trusting to self-regulate heroin addicts. At the meeting of the Group of
20 (G20) heads of states in the spring of 2009, British Prime Minister Gordon Brown announced the
death of “the Washington Consensus” — the famous list of market-liberalizing policy prescriptions
that guided the previous 20 or 30 years of neoliberal expansion into third world countries
Prominent economists in the United States and elsewhere pointed out that after decades of reform,
market-liberalizing policies had not produced the promised benefits for either economic growth or
social welfare of countries were those policies were applied (Stiglitz 2002, 2006; Rodrik 2006).
These criticisms further undermined the legitimacy of neoliberal governance, exactly the same way
as similar criticism undermined socialist model of the USSR and Eastern Europe. The problem is that
while socialist experiment could be compared with the Western countries capitalism achievement, here
there is no alternative model with which to compare.
Still a backlash directed at the USA is mounting even from the former loyal vassals. Even the
UK elite starts to display the behavior that contradict its role of the obedient US poodle. The atmosphere
is which the USA is considered "guilty" of pushing though the throats of other countries a utopia
that harmed them is a different atmosphere for the US oligarchy that the role of it accustomed to.
Now the US oligarchy has found itself in USSR nomenklatura shoes and eventually might be called to
answer for their global actions which similar to Opium Wars of the British can be called Dollar Wars.
Everybody is now aware of the substantial costs that the modern financial system has imposed on
the real economy, especially in developing countries, and no amount of propaganda and brainwashing
can hide this simple fact.
Standard of living was rising slowly and after 2008 mostly stopped to rise and started to detiorate
reflecting higher energy prices and the level on indebtness of many countries (Greece, Spain, Portugal,
Bulgaria, Ukraine, etc). So the key promise of neoliberalism that "trickle down" from
super rich will be enough to sustain better standard of living for all proved to be a confidence
It is questionable that the "financial innovations" of the last three-four decades can compensate
for those huge costs and that they warrants those costs. Shocks generated within the financial system
and transformation of economies imposed by international financial oligarchy as the core of neoliberal
elite, implies that the rule of financial oligarchy creates negative externalities for societies
and that some types of financial activities and some financial structures should be treated like
an organized crime (in other words as purely parasitic, extortionist type of players).
Still this stage preserves several attributes of previous stage and first of all push for globalization
and aggressive foreign policy. While economic crisis of 2008 destroyed legitimacy of ideology of
neoliberalism, neoliberalism as an ideology continue to exists as a cult, much like communism as
an ideology continues to exist, despite the failure of the USSR. And being phony ideology from the
very beginning, a smokescreen for the revanchism of financial oligarchy, it still can be promoted
by unrelenting propaganda machine of the same forces which put it into mainstream albeit with les
So far no viable alternatives emerged, and inertia is still strong, as strong as G7 block with
the USA as the head of the block. Like in 20th failure of neoliberalism led to rise of nationalism,
especially in Europe (France, Hungary, Ukraine). In some countries, such as Ukraine, the net result
of neoliberal revolution was establishing a far right regime which has uncanny similarities to the
régimes which came to power in 30th such as Franko regime in Spain. The phase of neoliberal
dominance still continues, it is just the central idea of neoliberalism, the fake idea of self-regulating
markets that was completely discredited by the crisis of 2008. Actually it was discredited before
during Great Depression, but the generation that remembered this lesson is now extinct (it looks
like it takes approximately 50 years for humanity to completely forget the lessons of history ;-).
Latin America, once paragon of a neoliberal revolution (Chile, Argentina, Mexico, etc), is now
dominated by left-wing governments elected on explicitly anti-neoliberal platforms. Around the world,
economists and policymakers now come to consensus that excessive reliance on unregulated financial
markets and the unrestrained rule of financial oligarchy was the root cause of the current worldwide
financial crisis. That created a more difficult atmosphere for the USA financial institutions to
operate abroad. Several countries are now trying to limit role of dollar as the world currency (one
of the sins Saddam Hussein paid the price).
Also internal contradictions became much deeper and the neoliberal regime became increasingly
unstable even in the citadel of neoliberalism -- the USA. Like any overstretched empire it became
hollow within with stretches on potholes ridden roads and decaying infrastructure visible to everyone.
Politically, the Republican Party became a roadblock for any meaningful reform (and its radical wing
-- the tea party even sending its representatives to Congress), the Party that is determined to rather
take the USA the road of the USSR, then change its ideology. All this points to the fact that neoliberalism
as an socio-economic doctrine is following the path of Bolshevism.
But its media dominance of neoliberalism paradoxically continues unabated. And this is despite
the fact that after the crisis of 2008, the notion that finance mobilizes and allocates resources
efficiently, drastically reduces systemic risks and brings significant productivity gains for the
economy as a whole became untenable. We can expect that like was the case with Catholicism in middle
ages and Bolshevism in the USSR, zombie phase of neoliberalism can last many decades (in the USSR,
"zombie" state lasted two decades, say from 1970 to 1991, and neoliberalism with its emphasis on
low human traits such as greed and supported by military and economic power of the USA, is considerably
more resilient then Bolshevism). As of 2013 it is still supported by elites of several major western
states (such as the USA, GB, Germany, France), transnational capital (and financial capital in particular)
and respective elites out of the sense of self-preservation. That means that is it reasonable to
expect that its rule in G7 will continue (like Bolshevism rule in the USSR in 70th-80th) despite
probably interrupted by bursts of social violence (Muslim immigrants in Europe are once such force).
In the US, for example, income and wealth inequality continue to increase, with stagnating middle-class
earnings, reduced social mobility, and an allegedly meritocratic higher education system, generously
supported by tax exemptions, has been turned into the system whose main beneficiaries are the children
of the rich and successful. Superimposed on this class divide is an increasingly serious intergenerational
divide, and increases level of unemployment of young people, which make social atmosphere somewhat
similar to the one in Egypt, although the pressure from Muslim fundamentalists is absent.
More and more neoliberalism came to be perceived as a ruse intended to safeguard the interests
of a malignantly narcissistic empire (the USA) and of rapacious multinationals. It is now more and
more linked with low-brow cultural homogeneity, social Darwinism, encroachment on privacy, mass production
of junk, and suppression of national sentiments and aspiration in favor of transnational monopolies.
It even came to be associated with a bewildering variety of social ills: rising crime rates, unemployment,
poverty, drug addiction, prostitution, organ trafficking, and other antisocial forms of conduct.
While ideology of neoliberalism is by-and-large discredited, the global economic institutions
associated with its rise are not all equally moribund. For example, the global economic crisis of
2008 has unexpectedly improved the fortunes of the International Monetary Fund (IMF), an organization
long famous for the neoliberal policy conditions attached to its loans that served to incorporate
countries into a global neoliberal economic system. In 2008, a cascade of financial crises in Eastern
Europe and Iceland fattened the IMF’s dwindling loan portfolio.
World Trade Organization (WTO), the key US-used and abused universal opener of markets to US corporations
and investments is in worse shape then IMF, but still is viable too. The Doha round of negotiations
is stalled, mostly due to irresolvable disputes between developed and developing countries. Consequently,
the current crisis of neoliberalism raises many important questions about the future path of the
current international institutions promoting the neoliberal order. But still Russia joined WTO in
2012 which means that this organization got a new lease of life.
Nonetheless, that "neoliberalism in name only" is still a powerful global "brand" which the U.S.
seeks to maintain at all costs for macro geopolitical reasons (The
Great Crash, 2008: A Geopolitical Setback for the West , Foreign Affairs)
The financial and economic crash of 2008, the worst in over 75 years, is a major geopolitical
setback for the United States and Europe. Over the medium term, Washington and European governments
will have neither the resources nor the economic credibility to play the role in global affairs
that they otherwise would have played. These weaknesses will eventually be repaired, but
in the interim, they will accelerate trends that are shifting the world's center of gravity away
from the United States.
A brutal recession is unfolding in the United States, Europe, and probably Japan -- a recession
likely to be more harmful than the slump of 1981-82. The current financial crisis has deeply frightened
consumers and businesses, and in response they have sharply retrenched. In addition, the usual
recovery tools used by governments -- monetary and fiscal stimuli -- will be relatively ineffective
under the circumstances.
This damage has put the American model of free-market capitalism under a cloud. The
financial system is seen as having collapsed; and the regulatory framework, as having spectacularly
failed to curb widespread abuses and corruption. Now, searching for stability, the U.S. government
and some European governments have nationalized their financial sectors to a degree that contradicts
the tenets of modern capitalism.
Much of the world is turning a historic corner and heading into a period in which the
role of the state will be larger and that of the private sector will be smaller. As it
does, the United States' global power, as well as the appeal of U.S.-style democracy, is eroding.
The USA was and probably will remain the center of neoliberalism and firmly established as most important
and the most powerful promoter of the doctrine (in some case, like with Serbia, Iraq and Libya, on the
tips of bayonets).
After the dissolution of the USSR the US elite felt that "everything is permitted" and essentially
started to pursue global Roman style imperial policy. The USA military forces are active over most of
the globe: about 226 countries have US military troops, 63 of which host American bases, while
only 46 countries in the world have no US military presence. This is a
projection of military power
that makes the Roman, British, and Soviet empires pale in comparison. In his 1919 essay, "The Sociology
of Imperialisms," Joseph Schumpeter wrote of Rome during its years of greatest expansion.
As G. John Ikenberry, professor of geopolitics at Georgetown University noted in Foreign Affairs:
There was no corner of the known world where some interest was not alleged to be in danger
or under actual attack. If the interests were not Roman, they were those of Rome's allies; and if
Rome had no allies, then allies would be invented. When it was utterly impossible to contrive
such an interest-why, then it was the national honor that had been insulted.
The fight was always invested with an aura of legality. Rome was always being attacked by evil-minded
neighbors, always fighting for a breathing-space. The whole world was pervaded by a host of enemies,
and it was manifestly Rome's duty to guard against their indubitably aggressive designs.*
The new grand strategy [initiated by the Bush administration]…. begins with a fundamental
commitment to maintaining a unipolar world in which the United States has no peer competitor.
No coalition of great powers without the United States will be allowed to achieve hegemony. Bush
made this point the centerpiece of American security policy in his West Point commencement address
in June: "America has, and intends to keep, military strengths beyond challenges-thereby making
the destabilizing arms races of other eras pointless, and limiting rivalries to trade and other pursuits
…The United States grew faster than the other major states during the decade [of the 1990s], it
reduced military spending more slowly, and it dominated investment in the technological advancement
of its forces. Today, however, the new goal is to make these advantages permanent-a fait accompli
that will prompt other states to not even try to catch up. Some thinkers have described the strategy
as "breakout," in which the United States moves so quickly to develop technological advantages (in
robotics, lasers, satellites, precision munitions, etc.) that no state or coalition could ever challenge
it as global leader, protector and enforcer ("America's Imperial Ambition," Foreign Affairs,
Perhaps one of extreme expressions of this neo-Roman imperial policy became that book by
The Grand Chessboard: American Primacy And Its Geostrategic Imperatives by Zbigniew Brzezinski.
This is how Brzezinski views the (supposedly sovereign) nations of Central Asia (sited from
Amazon review by "A Customer" Jan 3, 2002 as pawns in a greater game for geopolitical domination:
- "The last decade of the twentieth century has witnessed a tectonic shift in world affairs. For
the first time ever, a non-Eurasian power has emerged not only as a key arbiter of Eurasian power
relations but also as the world's paramount power. The defeat and collapse of the Soviet Union was
the final step in the rapid ascendance of a Western Hemisphere power, the United States, as the sole
and, indeed, the first truly global power..."
- "Two basic steps are thus required: first, to identify the geostrategically dynamic Eurasian
states that have the power to cause a potentially important shift in the international distribution
of power and to decipher the central external goals of their respective political elites and the
likely consequences of their seeking to attain them;... second, to formulate specific U.S. policies
to offset, co-opt, and/or control the above..." (p. 40)
- "...To put it in a terminology that harkens back to the more brutal age of ancient empires, the
three grand imperatives of imperial geostrategy are:
- to prevent collusion and maintain security dependence among the vassals,
- to keep tributaries pliant and protected,
- and to keep the barbarians from coming together." (p.40)
- "Henceforth, the United States may have to determine how to cope with regional coalitions
that seek to push America out of Eurasia, thereby threatening America's status as a global power."
- "America is now the only global superpower, and Eurasia is the globe's central arena. Hence,
what happens to the distribution of power on the Eurasian continent will be of decisive importance
to America's global primacy and to America's historical legacy." (p.194)
- "That puts a premium on maneuver and manipulation in order to prevent the emergence of a hostile
coalition that could eventually seek to challenge America's primacy..." (p. 198)
- "The most immediate task is to make certain that no state or combination of states gains the
capacity to expel the United States from Eurasia or even to diminish significantly its decisive arbitration
role." (p. 198)
- "For Pakistan, the primary interest is to gain Geostrategic depth through political influence
in Afghanistan - and to deny to Iran the exercise of such influence in Afghanistan and Tajikistan
- and to benefit eventually from any pipeline construction linking Central Asia with the Arabian
The quote "... the three grand imperatives of imperial geostrategy are to prevent collusion and
maintain security dependence among the vassals, to keep tributaries pliant and protected, and to keep
the barbarians from coming together." (The Grand Chessboard p.40) is probably the most revealing.
Just ponder the meaning of these statements in a post-9-11 world:
- "Moreover, as America becomes an increasingly multi-cultural society, it may find it more difficult
to fashion a consensus on foreign policy issues, except in the circumstance of a truly massive and
widely perceived direct external threat." (p. 211)
- "The attitude of the American public toward the external projection of American power has been
much more ambivalent. The public supported America's engagement in World War II largely because of
the shock effect of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. (pp 24-5)
To most Americans the people of the world and other nations are just that -- people, just like us,
with a right to self-determination. To Brzezinski, they are merely pawns on a chessboard. At the same
time, despite the fact that the analogy are not perfect, Rome fell, Napoleon fell, Hitler fell, USSR
fell. Countries with too aggressive foreign policy ultimately self-destruct, because they over-extend
their own countries resources to the point when people wellbeing drops to the levels of some colonies.
The USA have over million people with the security clearance. So in a way it is becoming a copy-cat
of the USSR. And while the US military is busy fighting for oil interests all around the world, those
wars were launched by borrowing money and it's unclear who will pay the bills.
Neoliberalism beginning as ideology start was pretty modest. It was never considered a "right" ideology,
ideology for which people are ready to fight and die. It was just an "ideology of convenience", an eclectic
mix of mutually incompatible and incoherent mosaic of various ideologies (including some ideas of Trotskyism
and national socialism) that served as useful tool to counter communist ideology. This is the tress
of Friedman pretty weak opus "Capitalism and Freedom" -- which can be considered to be close analog
of Communist Manifesto for neoliberalism. It also was useful for fighting some Keynesian excesses. Only
later it become favorite ideology of financial oligarchy.
So in fight against "Godless communism" which does not respect private property and used "all-powerful"
state, it idealized private property ownership, the role of "free" (as in free shooting) market and
stressed the necessity to control the size of the government. As a tools to fight communist ideology
those were reasonably effective tools. But at some point this deeply flawed, but useful for the specific
purpose framework went out of control and became the cult of the deified markets and explicitly stated
the necessary of diminishing the role of the state to minimum to ensure the high level of inequality
the new neoliberal elite strived for (note not optimizing for a given historical conditions and technology
available, but unconditionally diminishing to the point of elimination). Reagan famous phase "Government
is not a solution to our problem, government is the problem." is a perfect example of how to
"Throw out the baby with the bath water". But the meaning is more sinister: it meant "throw
out of the water middle class".
That happened when financial oligarchy understood that a tool created for fighting communism is perfectly
suitable for fighting elements of "New Deal". And it proved to be pretty effective in dismantling of
set of regulations of financial sector that were the cornerstone of "New Deal". That was a very smooth
ride "deregulatory" ride until 2008. But after 2008 the USA (citadel of neoliberalism) faces the set
of problems that at least on the surface look similar to the problem that USSR faced before its disintegration,
although the USA still have much more favorable conditions overall and disintegration is not among the
current threats. Among them:
- Ideology of neoliberalism is a "damaged goods" after 2008. It far from gone, but still
it looks more like Marxism in the late 1960th -- an ideology that outlived its usefulness and detached
- The USA external debt is high and grows. Debt to China is especially worrisome.
- Global dollar currency dominance still exists, but is shrinking and all BRICS countries working
on creation their own bank and promising IMF drawing rights currency the situation might deteriorate
Like was the case with the USSR, absence of effective opposition led to degeneration of the US
elite. It is not at the level of the degeneration of the USSR Politburo, but generally the current
roster of Republican Party associated politicians and, especially, Tea party favorites like Palin
and Michel Bachman in the political mainstream are not a good sign.
- There were never periods in human history, when a single country which dominated the whole globe
did not suffer negative consequences. Rephrasing popular saying about revolutions we can say:
world dominance kills its own children.
Still there are important difference with Marxism: despite extremely flawed to the point of being
anti-scientific neoliberal ideology is still supported by higher standard of living of population in
selected Western countries (G7). If also can rely on five important factors:
- Military dominance of the USA and NATO. There are very few countries in the globe without
explicit or implicit USA military presence.
- Financial dominance of USA and its allies. The role of dollar as world currency and the
role of USA controlled global financial institutions such as World Bank and IMF
- Technological dominance of USA and G7. Continuing brain drain from "Third world" and xUSSR
countries to G7 countries.
- USA dominance in Internet communications with the USA additionally serving as a primary
hub of Internet which gives them another "exorbitant privilege", including the ability to snoop
of lion share of Internet traffic.
- Cultural dominance of the USA (although this is gradually diminishing as after 2008 countries
started of assert their cultural independence more vigorously).
- Ideological dominance, neoliberalism as yet another major civic religion
The American society and the U.S. armaments industry today are different then it was when Dwight
Eisenhower in his farewell speech (Eisenhower's
Farewell Address to the Nation) famously warned Americans to beware the "military-industrial complex."
The Farewell Address 50 Years Later. The major opponent, the USSR left the world scene, being defeated
in the cold war. That means that currently the USA enjoy world military dominance that reminds the dominance
of Roman Empire.
The USA now is the world's greatest producer and exporter of arms on the planet. It spends more
on armed forces than all other nations combined -- while going deeply into debt to do so.
The USA also stations over 500,000 troops, spies, contractors, dependents, etc. on more than 737
bases around the world in 130 countries (even this is not a complete count) at a cost of near 100 billions
a year. The 2008 Pentagon inventory includes 190,000 troops in 46 nations and territories, and 865 facilities
in more than 40 countries and overseas U.S. territories. In just Japan, the USA have 99,295 people who
are either members of US forces or are closely connected to US. The only purpose is to provide control
over as many nations as possible.
Funny but among other thing the Pentagon also maintain 234 golf courses around the world, 70 Lear
Jet airplanes for generals and admirals, and a ski resort in the Bavarian Alps.
Military dominance of the USA and NATO were demonstrated during Yugoslavia bombing and then invasion
of Iraq. It's clear the Yugoslavia bombing would be out of question if the USSR existed.
Under neoliberalism, markets are now fused with the logic of expansion and militarization is the
most logical was of securing expansion, improving global positions, and the ordering of social relations
in a way favorable to the transnational elite.
Under neoliberal regime the United States is not only obsessed with militarism, which is shaping
foreign policy , but wars have become real extension of the politics, the force that penetrates almost
every aspect of daily life. Support of wars became a perverted version of patriotism.
As Henry A. Giroux noted in his interview to Truth-out (Violence
is Deeply Rooted in American Culture), paradoxically in the country of "advanced democracy" schools
and social services are increasingly modeled after prisons. Four decades of neoliberal policies have
given way to an economic Darwinism that promotes a politics of cruelty.
Police forces are militarized. Popular culture endlessly celebrating the spectacle of violence. The
Darwinian logic of war and violence have become addictive, a socially constructed need. State violence
has become an organizing principle of society that has become the key mediating force that now holds
everyday life together. State violence is now amplified in the rise of the punishing state which works
to support corporate interests and suppress all forms of dissent aimed at making corporate power accountable.
Violence as a mode of discipline is now enacted in spheres that have traditionally been created to counter
it. Airports, schools, public services, and a host of other public spheres are now defined through a
militarized language of "fight with terrorism", the language of discipline, regulation, control, and
order. Human relations and behaviors are dehumanized making it easier to legitimate a culture of cruelty
and politics of disposability that are central organizing principles of casino capitalism.
The national news became a video game, a source of entertainment where a story gains prominence by
virtue of the notion that if it bleeds it leads. Education has been turned into a quest for private
satisfactions and is no longer viewed as a public good, thus cutting itself off from teaching students
about public values, the public good and engaged citizenship. What has emerged in the United States
is a civil and political order structured around the criminalization of social problems and everyday
life. This governing-through-crime model produces a highly authoritarian and mechanistic approach to
addressing social problems that often focuses on the poor and minorities, promotes highly repressive
policies, and places emphasis on personal security, rather than considering the larger complex of social
and structural forces that fuels violence in the first place.
The key reference on the topic is the book The New American Militarism (2005) by Andrew Bacevich.
Here is one Amazon review:
In his book The New American Militarism (2005), Andrew Bacevich desacralizes our idolatrous infatuation
with military might, but in a way that avoids the partisan cant of both the left and the right that
belies so much discourse today. Bacevich's personal experiences and professional expertise lend his
book an air of authenticity that I found compelling. A veteran of Vietnam and subsequently a career
officer, a graduate of West Point and later Princeton where he earned a PhD in history, director
of Boston University's Center for International Relations, he describes himself as a cultural conservative
who views mainstream liberalism with skepticism, but who also is a person whose "disenchantment with
what passes for mainstream conservatism, embodied in the present Bush administration and its groupies,
is just about absolute." Finally, he identifies himself as a "conservative Catholic." Idolizing
militarism, Bacevich insists, is far more complex, broader and deeper than scape-goating either political
party, accusing people of malicious intent or dishonorable motives, demonizing ideological fanatics
as conspirators, or replacing a given administration. Not merely the state or the government, but
society at large, is enthralled with all things military.
Our military idolatry, Bacevich believes, is now so comprehensive and beguiling that it "pervades
our national consciousness and perverts our national policies.
" We have normalized war, romanticized military life that formally was deemed degrading and
inhuman, measured our national greatness in terms of military superiority, and harbor naive, unlimited
expectations about how waging war, long considered a tragic last resort that signaled failure,
can further our national self-interests. Utilizing a "military metaphysic" to justify our misguided
ambitions to recreate the world in our own image, with ideals that we imagine are universal, has
taken about thirty years to emerge in its present form.
It is this marriage between utopians ends and military means that Bacevich wants to annul.
How have we come to idolize military might with such uncritical devotion? He likens it to pollution:
"the perhaps unintended, but foreseeable by-product of prior choices and decisions made without taking
fully into account the full range of costs likely to be incurred" (p. 206). In successive chapters
he analyzes six elements of this toxic condition that combined in an incremental and cumulative fashion.
- After the humiliation of Vietnam, an "unmitigated disaster" in his view, the military set
about to rehabilitate and reinvent itself, both in image and substance. With the All Volunteer
Force, we moved from a military comprised of citizen-soldiers that were broadly representative
of all society to a professional warrior caste that by design isolated itself from broader society
and that by default employed a disproportionate percentage of enlistees from the lowest socio-economic
class. War-making was thus done for us, by a few of us, not by all of us.
- Second, the rise of the neo-conservative movement embraced American Exceptionalism as
our national end and superior coercive force as the means to franchise it around the world.
- Myth-making about warfare sentimentalized, sanitized and fictionalized war. The film Top Gun
is only one example of "a glittering new image of warfare."
- Fourth, without the wholehearted complicity of conservative evangelicalism, militarism would
have been "inconceivable," a tragic irony when you consider that the most "Christian" nation on
earth did far less to question this trend than many ostensibly "secular" nations.
- Fifth, during the years of nuclear proliferation and the fears of mutually assured destruction,
a "priesthood" of elite defense analysts pushed for what became known as the Revolution in Military
Affairs (RMA). RMA pushed the idea of "limited" and more humane war using game theory models and
technological advances with euphemisms like "clean" and "smart" bombs. But here too our "exuberance
created expectations that became increasingly uncoupled from reality," as the current Iraq debacle
- Finally, despite knowing full well that dependence upon Arab oil made us vulnerable to the
geo-political maelstroms of that region, we have continued to treat the Persian Gulf as a cheap
gas station. How to insure our Arab oil supply, protect Saudi Arabia, and serve as Israel's most
important protector has always constituted a squaring of the circle. Sordid and expedient self
interest, our "pursuit of happiness ever more expansively defined," was only later joined by more
lofty rhetoric about exporting universal ideals like democracy and free markets, or, rather, the
latter have only been a (misguided) means to secure the former.
Bacevich opens and closes with quotes from our Founding Fathers. In 1795, James Madison warned
that "of all the enemies of public liberty, war is perhaps the most to be dreaded, because it comprises
and develops the germ of every other." Similarly, late in his life George Washington warned the country
of "those overgrown military establishments which, under any form of government, are inauspicious
to liberty, and which are to be regarded as particularly hostile to republican liberty."
With dollar role as the primary world reserve currency the USA still rides on its "Exorbitant
privilege". But there are countervailing forces that diminish dollar importance, such a euro. Financial
dominance under neoliberalism became the primary tool of ensuring the control over the nations. See
Neocolonialism as Financial Imperialism
US and Western banks dominate the globe with New York and London as two world financial centers.
Things little changed after 2008 despite the fact that the US economy in entered a deep debt crisis,
which is amplified by the level of destruction of real economy by offshoring and outsourcing achieved
under the umbrella of neoliberalism during previous four decades. While the USA remains the sole super
power its imperial problems now reached such a level that they may start to affect the foreign policy.
Troubles of organizing an invasion in Syria are probably symptomatic. It proved to be more difficult
undertaking that similar invasion of Iraq a decade earlier.
Economic troubles have important side effect: the ideological dominance, achieved by the USA during
1989 till 2008 is now under attack. There are a lot of skeptic and in a way neoliberalism goes the way
of Marxism with the major difference that there were probably some sincere followers of Marxism at least
during the first 30 years of its development.
Since the late 1970s, there was a radical shift of economic activity from the production of goods
and non-financial services to finance with the rapid growth since then of the share of financial profits
in total corporate profits. Also reflective of this process of "financialisation of the Economy" was
the explosive growth of private debt as a proportion of gross domestic product, and the piling of layers
upon layers of claims with the existence of instruments like options, futures, swaps, and the like,
and financial entities like hedge funds and structured investment vehicles.
With financialisation, the financial masturbation -- speculation directed on making money within
the financial system, bypassing the route of commodity production, increasingly became the name of the
game. Using Marxist terminology the general formula for capital accumulation, M-C-M', in which commodities
are central to the generation of profits, was replaced by M-M', in which money simply begets more money
with no relation to production.
This is related to the reason which brought on the financialization of the economy in the forefront:
beginning with the sharp recession of 1974-75, the US economy entered a period of slow economic
growth, high unemployment/underemployment and excess capacity. That happened after around 25 years
of spectacular ascent following the second world war. So financialisation was thought a s a remedy to
this "permanent stagnation" regime. And for a while it performed this function well, although it was
done by "eating the host".
Finance under any neoliberalism-bound regime can be best understood as a form of warfare, and financial
complex (typically large Western banks as locals are not permitted, unless specially protected by remnants
of the nation state) as an extension of military-industrial complex. Like in military conquest, its
aim is to gain control for occupying country of land, public infrastructure, and to impose tribute putting
the country in debt and using dominance of dollar as world reserve currency. This involves dictating
laws to vassal countries (imposing Washington consensus, see below) and interfering in social as well
as economic planning using foreign debt and the necessity to service the foreign loans as a form of
The main advantage of neoliberalism in comparison with the similar practice of the past is the conquest
is being done by financial means, without the cost to the aggressor of fielding an army. But the economies
under attacked may be devastated as deeply by financial stringency as by military attack when it comes
to demographic shrinkage, shortened life spans, emigration and capital flight. Actually following s
successful attack of neoliberalism and conquest of the country by neoliberal elite Russian economy was
devastated more then during WWII, when Hitler armies reached banks of Volga river and occupies half
of the country.
This attack is being mounted not by nation states alone, but by a cosmopolitan financial class and
international financial institutions such as World bank and IMF with full support of major western
banks serving as agencies of western governments. Finance always has been cosmopolitan more than nationalistic
– and always has sought to impose its priorities and lawmaking power over those of parliamentary democracies.
Like any monopoly or vested interest, the financial "Trojan horse" strategy seeks to block government
power to regulate or tax it. From the financial vantage point, the ideal function of government is to
enhance profits via privatization and protect finance capital from the population to allow "the miracle
of compound interest" to siphon most of the revenue out of the country. Some tiny share of this revenue
is paid to compradors within the national elite. In good years such tactic keeps fortunes multiplying
exponentially, faster than the economy can grow. This "paradise for rentiers" last until they
eat into the core and cause deindustrialization and severe debt crisis. Eventually they do to the economy
what predatory creditors and rentiers did to the Roman Empire.
The globalist bloc of Western countries led by the USA achieved hegemony in the end of the twentieth
century because it managed to become the center of technological progress and due to this acquired a
commanding influence over industrial production and social life around the world, including the ability
to provide rewards and impose sanctions. One or the reason of technical backwardness of the USSR just
before the dissolution were technical sanctions imposed by the West via
COCOM. As most of global corporations belong to G7 this lead to "natural" technological hegemony
of this block. As Thatcher used to say "There is no alternatives", although she meant there is no alternatives
to neoliberalism, not to Western technology from G7 nations. Only recently Asian countries started to
challenge this status quo in some areas.
Global corporation managed to create a situation in which the same goods are used in most countries
of the globe. Western brand names dominate. American and European airliners, Japanese, American and
German cars, Korean and American smartphones, Chinese and American PCs, etc.
China became world factory and produces lion share of goods sold under Western brands.
The debate about the USA dominance in internet and global communications reemerged in June 2008 due
to revelations make about existence of the
Prism program and similar program by British security services. For example, Jacob Augstein used
the term "Obama's Soft Totalitarianism" in his article
Europe Must Stand Up to American Cyber-Snooping published by SPIEGEL. The NSA's infrastructure wasn't
built to fight Al Qaeda. It has a far greater purpose, one of which is to keep the USA as the last superpower.
The USA has capabilities of intercepting of lion share of global internet traffic and with allies
tries to intercept all the diplomatic communication during major conferences and trade talk in direct
violation of Vienna protocols. Latin American countries were one of the recent victims of this activity
during trade talks with the USA. There were reports about snooping on UN personnel communications in
Here is an interesting comment of user MelFarrellSr in
The Guardian discussion of the article
NSA analysts 'willfully violated' surveillance systems, agency admits (August 24, 2013):
Here's the thing about the NSA, the GCHQ, Yahoo, Google, Microsoft, et al...
We all have to stop commenting as if the NSA and the GCHQ are in this thing on their own; the
reality is that no one was supposed to know one iota about any of these programs; the NSA and the
GCHQ began and put in place the structure that would allow all internet service providers, and indeed
all corporations using the net, the ability to track and profile each and every user on the planet,
whether they be using the net, texting, cell, and landline.
We all now know that Google, Yahoo, and the rest, likely including major retailers, and perhaps
not so major retailers, are all getting paid by the United States government, hundreds of millions
of dollars of taxpayer money, our money, to profile 24/7 each and every one of us..., they know how
we think, our desires, our sexual preferences, our religious persuasion, what we spend, etc.; make
no mistake about it, they know it all, and what they don't currently have, they will very soon…
These agencies and indeed all those who are paid by them, will be engaged over the next few weeks
in a unified program of "perception management" meaning that they will together come up with an all-encompassing
plan that will include the release of all manner of statements attesting to the enforcement of several
different disciplinary actions against whomever for "illegal" breaches of policy...
They may even bring criminal actions against a few poor unfortunate souls who had no idea they
would be sacrificed as one part of the "perception management" game.
Has anyone wondered why, to date, no one in power has really come out and suggested that the program
must be curtailed to limit its application to terrorism and terrorist types?
Here's why; I was fortunate recently to have given an education on how networks such as Prism,
really work, aside from the rudimentary details given in many publications. They cannot, and will
not, stop monitoring even one individuals activity, because to do so will eventually cause loss of
the ability to effectively monitor as many as 2.5 Million individuals.
Remember the "Two to Three Hop" scenario, which the idiot in one of the hearings inadvertently
spoke of; therein lies the answer. If the average person called 40 unique people, three-hop analysis
would allow the government to mine the records of 2.5 million Americans Do the math; Internet usage
in the United States as of June 30, 2012 reached a total of over 245,000,000 million…
The following link shows how connected the world is… http://www.internetworldstats.com/stats2.htm
We should never forget how the Internet began, and who developed it, the United States Armed Forces;
initially it was known as Arpanet, see excerpt and link below…
"The Internet may fairly be regarded as a never-ending worldwide conversation." - Supreme Court
Judge statement on considering first amendment rights for Internet users.
"On a cold war kind of day, in swinging 1969, work began on the ARPAnet, grandfather to the
Internet. Designed as a computer version of the nuclear bomb shelter, ARPAnet protected the flow
of information between military installations by creating a network of geographically separated
computers that could exchange information via a newly developed protocol (rule for how computers
interact) called NCP (Network Control Protocol)."
There is no government anywhere on the planet that will give up any part of the program…, not
without one hell of a fight...
Incidentally, they do hope and believe that everyone will come to the same conclusion; they will
keep all of us at bay for however long it takes; they have the money, they have the time, and they
economically control all of us...
Pretty good bet they win...
That includes industrial espionage:
Absolutely. See EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT
report dated 11 July 2001 (Note it was before the 9/11 attack in the US).
Or industrial espionage?
7. Compatibility of an 'ECHELON' type communications interception system with Union
7.1. Preliminary considerations
7.2. Compatibility of an intelligence system with Union law
7.2.1. Compatibility with EC law
7.2.2. Compatibility with other EU law
7.3. The question of compatibility in the event of misuse of the system for industrial
EntropyNow -> StrawBear
The fact that they snoop on us all constantly, that's the problem. I agree that the indiscriminate
surveillance is a problem. However, with such vast powers in the hands of private contractors,
without robust legal oversight, it is wide open to abuse and interpretation. I believe we need
to pull the plug and start again, with robust, independent, legal oversight, which respects fundamental
international human rights laws In the US, the NDAA is a law which gives the government the right
to indefinitely detain US citizens, without due process, without a trial, if they are suspected
to be associated with 'terrorists'. Now define 'terrorism'?
Section 1021b is particularly worrying, concerning "substantial support." It is wide open to
interpretation and abuse, which could criminalize dissent and even investigative journalism. See
Guardian's excellent article by
Naomi Wolf, 17 May 2012::
As Judge Forrest pointed out:
"An individual could run the risk of substantially supporting or directly supporting an
associated force without even being aware that he or she was doing so. In the face of what
could be indeterminate military detention, due process requires more."
In an excellent episode
of Breaking the Set Feb 7 2013 Tangerine Bolen (Founder and Director, Revolutiontruth) stated
that 'Occupy London' was designated a 'terrorist group" officially. There are independent
journalists and civil liberty activists being targeted by private cyber security firms, which
are contractors for the DOD, they are being harassed and intimidated, threatening free speech
and liberty for everyone, everywhere. As Naomi Wolf concludes:
"This darkness is so dangerous not least because a new Department of Homeland Security document
trove, released in response to a FOIA request filed by Michael Moore and the National Lawyers'
Guild, proves in exhaustive detail that the DHS and its "fusion centers" coordinated with local
police (as I argued here, to initial disbelief), the violent crackdown against Occupy last
You have to put these pieces of evidence together: the government cannot be trusted with
powers to detain indefinitely any US citizen – even though Obama promised he would not misuse
these powers – because the United States government is already coordinating a surveillance
and policing war against its citizens, designed to suppress their peaceful assembly and criticism
of its corporate allies."
It seems to me that potential terrorist threats come in two sorts: the highly organised
and funded groups that could commit catastrophic destruction, and the local schmucks that are
really just old-fashioned losers-with-a-grudge adopting an empowering ideology.
The first group would be immensely cautious with their communications, and fall outside this
sort of surveillance. The second group, if Boston and Woolwich are any evidence, are not effectively
detected by these measures.
It appears very clear to me that this is runaway state power, predictably and transparently
deflected with cries of "terrorism". And, perhaps most worrying, that definition of terrorism
is now as wide as the state requires. Anything that embarrasses or exposes the evils of our
states, including rendition, torture, and all manner of appalling injustice, is classified as
a matter of 'national security', which must not be exposed lest it aid the enemy.
I know Orwell's name gets tossed around too much... but Jesus! I really hope we're not bovine
enough to walk serenely into this future.
...The NSA's infrastructure wasn't built to fight Al Qaeda. It has a far greater purpose, one
of which is to keep the USA as the last superpower and moral authority for the rest of the time
humanity has in this world.
All this muck is hurting bad. Obama is having a tough time from all sides. All the moralists
think he is a villain doing everything he promised to change. All the secret society members think
he is a clown who has spilled out every secret that was painstakingly put together over decades....
The temples of neoliberalism are malls and airports ;-). And they are build all over the glone is
a very similar fashion. A drunk person accidentally transfered from New Jersey to, say Kiev and put
in one of mjor malls can never tell the difference :-).
English became the major international language. Both language of technology and commerce. Much like
Latin was before.
In developing countries goods are sold at considerable premium (up to 100%) but generally everything
that can be bought in the USA now can be bought say in Kiev. Of course affordability is drastically
different, but for elite itis not a problem. That create another opportunity for the top 1% to enjoy
very similar, "internationalized" lifestyle all over the globe.
Hollywood films dominate world cinemas. American computer games dominate gaming space. In a way the
USA culturally is present in any country. It was amazing how quickly remnants of communist ideology
were wipes out in the xUSSR countries (Globalization,
ethnic conflict and nationalism Daniele Conversi - Academia.edu):
Contrary to the globalists or ideologues of globalization (Steger 2005), both Marxists and liberals
have highlighted the ' pyramidal ' structure underlying globalization. This metaphor applies well
to cultural dissemination.
An elite of corporate, media, and governmental agencies sits at the pyramid' s top level, small regional
intermediary elites sit immediately below, while the overwhelming majority of humans are pushed well
down towards the pyramid' s bottom. In the realm of ' global culture ' , this looks like a master-servant
relationship with much of the world at the boot-licking end. Whether such a relationship really
exists, or is even practical, this metaphorical dramatization can nevertheless help to understand
collective self-perceptions. The consequences in the area of ethnic conﬂict are signiﬁcant. Such
a hierarchical structure makes it impossible for global exchanges to turn into egalitarian relationships
based on evenly balanced inter-cultural communication and dialogue.
On the contrary, cultural globalization is not reﬂected in a genuine increase of inter-personal,
inter-ethnic and inter-cultural contacts. As I shall argue, in most public areas ' cultural globalization
' really means the unreciprocated, one-way ﬂow of consumerist items from the US media and leisure
machine to the rest of the world.
This top-down distribution ensures that a few individuals and groups, nearly all in the USA,
ﬁrmly establish the patterns of behaviour and taste to be followed by the rest of mankind. Is
this congruent with the view that there is a form of ' global centralization ' in cultural-legal
matters leaning towards Washington, DC? As for a supposed ' global culture ', the symbolic capital
would ideally be located in Hollywood, rather than Washington.
In fact, the term ' Hollywoodization ' insinuates a media-enforced hierarchical structure with immediate
symbolic resonance. It also offers a more cultural, perhaps less sociological, focus than the Weberian
concept of bureaucratic ' McDonaldization ' (Ritzer 1996).
Competing terminologies include ' Disneyﬁcation ' / ' Disneyization ' , with its stress on extreme
predictability and the infantilization of leisure (Bryman 2004), 'Walmarting ' as the streamlining
of the retail sector (Fishman 2005, Morrow 2004), or earlier Cold War terms like ' Coca-Colonization
' (Wagnleitner 1994). We previously saw how the term ' McGuggenization ' has been used to indicate
art-related cultural franchising and other forms of Americanization in the Basque Country (McNeill
All these equally refer to socio-economic trends originated in the USA and are hence forms of
Americanization. However, ' Hollywoodization ' has broader implications for ethnic relations and
In practice, Hollywood-inspired simpliﬁcations have become the daily staple for millions of peoples
around the world in their leisure time. In the area of ethnicity, ' Hollywoodization ' has been elevated
to the only known reality and the unique source of information about the outside world for increasing
numbers of people, not only in the USA. Thus, the world is more likely to get its stereotypes of
from US movies like The Patriot or Saving Private Ryan than via British productions.Similarly, most
of the world is likely to see Scotland through the lenses of US-made Braveheart , as the larger public
can barely afford any access to Scottish cultural productions.
This monopoly of global stereotyping and ethnic imagery has serious implicationsf or the spread
and continuation of ethnic conﬂict.
The tools of primary socialization were once under ﬁrm control of the family, either nuclear or extended.
They were subsequently assumed by the state in the industrialization ' phase ' , notably with post-1789
mass militarization and compulsory schooling (Conversi2007, 2008).
Under neo-liberal globalization, primary socialization has been seized by unaccountable cash-driven
corporations and media tycoons. This has further reduced the space of inter-generational transmission
and family interaction. If a community can no longer socialize its children according to its culture
and traditions, then the very bases of local, regional, and national continuity are all visibly at
stake. This threat to a group's survival is often seized upon by patriots and ethno-nationalists,
whose political programs are founded on providing a new sense of social cohesion and security – even
if the targets are often hapless and unprotected minorities.
That is partly how nationalism and xenophobia have expanded in tandem with globalization.
Ethno-nationalism not only persisted through change, but is perceived by many as a response to
the growth of globalization, providing a prêt-à-porter hope for national resistance and resilience.
By depending on Hollywood as unique conveyor of ' globalization ', inter-ethnic interaction
is inevitably undermined. In some instances, international communication has practically evaporated.
... ... ...
I have described, and subsequently dismissed, the proﬁt-oriented ideology that globalization,
intended as Mcdonaldization and Hollywoodization, can contribute to better international understanding.
On the contrary, it has ushered in a process of planetary cultural and environmental destruction,
while hampering inter-ethnic communication and fostering human conﬂict. The notion of cultural security,
so central to international relations and peaceful coexistence, has undergone unprecedented challenges.
...Insofar as cultural globalization is understood as uni-dimensional import of standardized cultural
icons, symbols, practices, values, and legal systems from the United States, it can simply be
re-described as Americanization (rather than Westernization in the broad sense), or ' globalization
by Americanization ' (Hilger 2008). This is of central importance for the study of ethnic conﬂict.
In fact, the outcome is scarce hybridization, amalgamation, and metissage . Rather than providing
an inter-cultural bridge, this unilateral drive has often eroded the basis for mutual understanding,
impeding inter-ethnic, inter-cultural, and international interaction. Given the current vertical,
pyramidal structure of the ' cultural world order ' , the opportunity of distinctive groups to communicate
directly and appreciate each other's traditions has decreased, except in the virtual area of long-distance
communication. For an increasing number of individuals, an American mass consumer culture remains
the only window on the world. Hence, to know and appreciate one ' s neighbours has become an ever-arduous
task. To recapitulate my point, wherever cultural globalization appears as synonymous with Americanization,
it engenders conﬂicts on a variety of levels.
Because the process is one-way and unidirectional, the result is unlikely to be a fusion between
cultures or, evenless, the blending of ethnic groups. Contrary to the globalist utopia, the imposition
of more and more American icons means less and less possibility for direct inter-ethnic encounter
and communication among nations. Together with the collapse of state legitimacy, this substantially
contributes to the spread of ethnic conﬂict and nationalism.
Another aspect of cultural power of neoliberalism is that it accepts national elites (on some, less
favorable then "primary" elites conditions) as a part of a new transnational elite, which serves as
the dominant class. By class, following classic Marxism we mean a group of people who share a common
relationship to the process of social production and reproduction, positioned in the society relationally
on the basis of social power.
The struggle between descendant national fractions of dominant groups and ascendant transnational
fractions has often been the backdrop to surface political dynamics and ideological processes in
the late 20th century. These two fractions have been vying for control of local state apparatuses
since the 1970s.
Trans national fractions of local elites swept to power in countries around the world in the 1980s
and 1990s. They have captured the "commanding heights" of state policymaking: key ministries
and bureaucracies in the policymaking apparatus - especially Central Banks, finance and foreign ministries
- as key government branches that link countries to the global economy.
They have used national state apparatuses to advance globalization and to pursue sweeping economic
restructuring and the dismantling of the old nation-state–based Keynesian welfare and developmentalist
They have sought worldwide market liberalization (following the neoliberal model), and projects
of economic integration such as the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), the Asia Pacific
Economic Cooperation (APEC) forum, and the European Union. They have promoted a supra-national infrastructure
of the global economy, such as the World Trade Organization, as we discuss below.
In this new, transnational social system transnational corporations are intermixed
with nation-states which they have special privileges. And the state itself now serves not the people
of the country (which historically were upper classes) but primarily service the interests of the transnational
corporations (and, by extension, narrow strata of "comprador" elite, much like aristocracy of the past).
It is now extension and projection of corporate power ("What is good for GE is good for America").
Both the transactional elite (and first of all financial oligarchy) and transnational corporation enjoy
tremendous privileges under such a regime (corporate socialism, or socialism for the rich). Like Bolshevik
state was formally dictatorship of proletariat but in reality was dictatorship of the elite of an ideological
sect called Communist Party (so called nomenklatura), transformed nation-states like the USA, GB, France,
Russia, etc now to various degrees look like dictatorships of transnational elite (transnational bourgeoisie
like Marxist would say ;-) while formally remaining sovereign democratic republics. Like with Communist
Parties in various countries that does not excuse antagonism or even open hostilities.
That does not eliminates completely the elites competition and for example the EU elite put a knife
in the back of the US elite by adopting the euro as completing with the dollar currency (so much about
transatlantic solidarity), but still internalization of elites is a new and important process that is
more viable that neoliberal ideology as such. Also for any state national elite is not completely homogeneous.
While that is a significant part of it that favor globalization (comprador elite or lumpen elite) there
is also another part which prefer national development and is at least semi-hostile to globalism. Still
the comprador part of the elite represents a very important phenomenon, a real fifth column of globalization,
the part that makes globalization successful. It plays the role of Trojan horse within nation states
and the name "fifth column" in this sense is a very apt name. This subversive role of comprador elite
was clearly visible and well documented in Russian unsuccessful "white revolution" of 2011-2012: the
US supported and financed project of "regime change" in Russia. It is also clearly visible although
less well documented in other "color revolutions" such as Georgian, Serbian, and Ukrainian color revolutions.
comrade Trotsky would probably turn in his coffin if he saw what neoliberal ideologies made with his
theory of permanent revolution ;-).
As professor David Harvey noted in his
A Brief History of Neoliberalism neoliberal propaganda has succeeded in fixating the public on a
peculiar definition of "freedom" that has served as a smoke screen to conceal a project of speeding
upper class wealth accumulation. In practice, the neoliberal state assumes a protective role for large
and especially international corporations ("socialism for multinationals") while it sheds as much responsibility
for the citizenry as possible.
The key component of neoliberal propaganda (like was the case with Marxism) was an economic theory.
Like Marxism it has three components
For more information see
There is no question that neoliberalism emerged as another major world civic religion. It has its
saints, sacred books, moral (or more correctly in this case amoral) postulates and the idea of heaven
Neoliberalism shares several fundamental properties with high demand religious cults. Like all fundamentalist
cults, neoliberalism reduces a complex world to a set of simplistic dogmas (See Washington Consensus).
All of society is viewed through the prism of an economic lens. Economic growth, measured by GDP, is
the ultimate good. The market is the only and simultaneously the perfect mechanism to achieve this goal.
Neoliberalism obsession with materialism have become normalized to the degree that it is hard to imagine
what American society would look like in the absence of these structural and ideological features of
the new and militant economic Darwinism that now holds sway over the American public. The mantra is
well known: government is now the problem, society is a fiction, sovereignty is market-driven, deregulation
and commodification are the way to a bright future, and the profit is the only viable measure of the
good life and advanced society. Public values are a liability, if not a pathology. Democratic commitments,
social relations, and public spheres are disposables, much like the expanding population of the unemployed
and dispossessed. Any revolt is the threat to the neoliberal regime of truth and should be dealt with
unrestrained cruelty. The market functions best with minimal or no interference from government or civil
society and those who don't agree will be taken by police to the proper reeducation camps. All governments
with possible exception of the US government should be minimized to allow unrestricted dominance of
global corporations. The genius of neoliberalism as a cult, was its ability to cloak the US pretences
of world hegemony in an aura of scientific and historical inevitability. Which again makes it very similar
and in a way superior to Marxism as a cult. The collapse of the Soviet Union was the supreme, heaven
sent validation of Margaret Thatcher's claim that there was no alternative. There is only one blessed
road to prosperity and peace and outside it there is no salvation, nor remission from sins.
The great economic historian Karl Polanyi observed, "The idea of a self-adjusting market implied
a stark utopia." And neoliberalism was a stunning utopia of economic determinism, one even more ambitious
than that of Marx.
With all the big questions thus settled, history appeared to be at an end. There was one and only
one route to prosperity and peace. All that was required was to make sure the model was correctly
applied and all would be well. We all settled into our assigned roles. Capitalists retreated to the
role of technocrats, eschewing risk themselves while shifting and spreading it throughout society.
The rest of us were relegated to the roles not of citizens, but of consumers. Using our homes as
ATMs, we filled our lives with Chinese-made goods, oblivious to the looming environmental and social
costs of a runaway, unregulated consumer-driven society. Only a marginalized few questioned the basic
economic structure. It was the era of homo economicus, humans in service to the economy.
Now that perfect machinery lies in pieces all around us and the global economic free fall shows
no signs of ending any time soon. The fundamental reasons underlying the collapse aren't all that
difficult to discern. Central to the whole neoliberal project was the drive to rationalize all aspects
of human society. Relentless efforts to cut costs and increase efficiency drove down the living standards
of the vast majority, while the diminution of government and other non-commercial institutions led
to increasing concentration of wealth at the very top of society. As high paying jobs in the industrial
and technical sectors moved from developed countries to low wage export-based economies in the developing
world, capacity soon outstripped demand and profits in the real economy began to sag. Not content
with declining earnings, wealthy elites began to search for investments offering higher returns.
If these couldn't be found in the real economy, they could certainly be created in the exploding
Once consigned to the unglamorous world of matching those with capital to invest with those with
enterprises seeking to grow, finance became the powerful new engine of economic growth. No longer
stodgy, bankers and brokers became sexy and glamorous. Exotic new financial instruments, called derivatives,
traded on everything from commodities to weather.
This speculative frenzy was supported by a central bank only too happy to keep credit extremely
cheap. Debt exploded among consumers, businesses and government alike. Creating new debt became the
source of even more exotic investment vehicles, often bearing only the most tenuous of connections
to underlying assets of real value, with unwieldy names such as "collateralized debt obligations"
and "credit default swaps."
All the debt and the shuffling of fictional wealth hid the underlying rot of the real economy.
It was a house of cards just waiting for the slight breeze that would send it all crashing down.
And a collapse in housing prices in 2008 laid bare the economic contradictions.
The fundamental contradiction underlying much that confronts us in the age of crises is an economic
and social system requiring infinite growth within the confines of a finite planet. Any vision seeking
to replace neoliberalism must take this contradiction into account and resolve it. The overriding
market failure of our time has nothing to do with housing. It's the failure to place any value on
that which is truly most essential to our survival: clean air and water, adequate natural resources
for the present and future generations, and a climate suitable for human civilization.
No such new vision is currently in sight. That this leaves everyone, neoliberals and their foes
alike, in a state of uncertainty and doubt is hardly surprising. The seeming triumph of neoliberalism
was so complete that it managed to inculcate itself in the psyches even of those who opposed it.
We find ourselves unsure of terrain we thought we knew well, sensing that one era has ended but
unsure as to what comes next. We might do well to embrace that doubt and understand its power to
free us. Our doubt allows us to ask meaningful questions again and questioning implies the possibility
of real choice. Removing the intellectual straitjacket of neoliberal orthodoxy opens up the space
necessary to reconsider the purpose of an economy and its proper role in a decent human society and
to revisit the old debate over equity versus efficiency. It calls into question the assumption most
central to homo economicus; that all humans act only to maximize their own interests.
It seems clear that the world emerging over the coming decades will look quite different from
the one we now inhabit. Of necessity it will evolve in ways we can't fully understand just yet. Old
battle lines, such as the ones between capitalism and socialism, will likely fade away. Both of those
models arose in a world of abundant and cheap fossil fuels and within the confines a planet with
a seemingly endless capacity to absorb the wastes of our conspicuous consumption. New battle lines
are already beginning to take shape.
The Revolution is Upon Us The
Age of Crisis and the End of Homo Economicus Logos
I think that like is the case with Marxism, the staying power of neoliberalism is that propose the
religion picture of world with its "creation history", saints, and way of salvation. In a way it plays
the role similar to the role of Catholicism in middle ages (aka Dark Ages). The greed of catholic clergy
in Middle ages (trade in indulgencies) is a match of the greed of neoliberals( with financial derivates
replacing indulgencies ;-). It is equally hostile to any attempts to analyze it, with the minor difference
that heretics that question the sanctity of free market are not burned at the stake, but ostracized.
It support "new Crusades" with the same mechanism of "indulgences" for small countries that participate.
The level of hypocrisy is another shared trait. The great irony is that the USA, the world's leading
proponent of neoliberalism (with the US President as a Pope of this new religion), systematically is
breaking the rules when it find it necessary or convenient. With high deficit spending and massive subsidizing
of defense spending and financial sector, the United States has generally use a "do as I say, not as
I do" approach. And with the amount of political appointee/lobbyists shuttling back and forth between
business and government, Adam Smith's "Invisible
Hand" looks more and more like a crushing fist of corporatist thugs. It involves dogmatic belief
that the society is better off when ruled by a group of wealthy financiers and oligarchs, than by a
group of professional government bureaucrats and politicians with some participation of trade unions.
The USA also dominates the cultural scene:
The United States' position as the leading maker of global culture has been basically unchallenged
for the last century or so, especially in the Western world. Yet the economic power of the Western
world is waning even as new nations, with new models of economic and social life, are rising. Might
one -- or several -- of these nations like China, India or Brazil become new centers of global culture?
I believe that the answer to this question for the foreseeable future is "no." While the U.S.'s
cultural prominence is partially related to its political, military and economic power, such power
is not the only cause of America's global cultural hegemony. Rather, the U.S. offers a unique convergence
of several factors, including economic opportunity, political freedom and an immigrant culture that
served as a test bed for new cultural products.
Let me offer a brief account of the rise of the American film industry to suggest the way political,
economic and immigrant forces shaped American cultural hegemony. In the U.S., the film industry started
as commercial enterprise largely independent of state control. Movies had to adapt to market conditions
to earn profit for their producers. In order to achieve this goal, American movies needed to appeal
to a diverse population made up of both native-born and immigrant citizens.
As a consequence, filmmakers had to make movies that could appeal to international audiences simply
to meet domestic demand. This fact helped the American film industry become globally preeminent well
before the U.S. became a superpower. In other words, while U.S. military and economic power strengthened
the position of the U.S. movie industry as globally dominant, that position was not dependent on
U.S. military and economic power. Instead, American producers had a competitive advantage in global
markets that was later cemented in place by the U.S. post-war economic and military hegemony in the
After the dissolution of the USSR, the USA became natural center of the "neoliberal religion" a dominant
force in the new world order (the world's only superpower). And they used their newly acquired status
against states which were not "friendly enough" very similar to Catholicism with its Crusades, launching
a series of invasions and color revolutions against "nonbelievers" in a globalist neoliberal model.
The level of plunder of Russia after the dissolution of the USSR looks like a direct replay of Crusades
with the siege of Constantinople as primary example (despite stated goals, Crusades were by-and-large
a monetary enterprise of the time with fig leaf of spread of Catholicism attached). This period of neoliberal
crusades still continued in 2013, sometimes using various proxy to achieve "the regime change" by military
As we already refereed to neoliberalism as a cult an interesting question is whether neoliberalism
can be viewed new "civic
religion". The answer is unconditional yes, and I think that like Marxism before it should be considered
to be yet another civic religion. It has it's set of holy books, Supreme being to worship, path to salvation
and set of Apostils. Like communism before it propose humanity grand purpose and destiny.
Theistic and civic religions are also similar in that they both offer visions of humanity's
grand purpose and destiny.
There are also significant differences between theistic religions and civil religions. Theistic
religions explicitly rely on claims of divine authority for their validity, while civil religions
rely on reason and the interpretation of commonly-accepted historical knowledge. Followers of theistic
religions stress the importance of faith in times of adversity, while followers of civil religions
tend to have a more pragmatic attitude when reality casts doubt on their beliefs.
Civil religions are more like big social experiments than actual religions because their
central claims are much more falsifiable, and their followers show evidence of holding this perception
(e.g. references to "the American experiment"; the voluntary abandonment of Communism throughout
Eurasia when it became clear that it wasn't working).
Communism bears so much resemblance to Christianity because, as you mentioned last week, the Western
imagination was thoroughly in the grip of Christianity when Communism emerged. Communism is similar
to Christianity out of practical necessity: had it not been based on the Christian template, Communism
probably would have been too intellectually alien to its Western audience to have ever taken off.
Luckily for the founders of Communism, they were also subjected to this Christian cultural conditioning.
With all this in mind, and given that religion is evolving phenomenon, I think that civil
religion is actually a distinct species of intellectual organism which has (at least in part) evolved
out of religion.
Like Marxism, neoliberalism is first and foremost a
quasi religious political doctrine. But while Marxism is aimed at liberation of workers , a political
doctrine neoliberalism is aimed at restoring the power of capital. Neoliberalism originated in the rich
countries of Anglo-Saxon world (GB and USA) so along with open despise of poor, it always has a distinct
flavor of despise for peripheral countries. In global politics, neoliberalism preoccupies itself with
the promotion of four basic issues:
- Global democracy, under the benevolent guidance of the USA
- Free trade, which for countries outside G7 means unconditional opining of markets for top 1000
corporation from G7 countries.
- Global governance through international organizations, usage of IMG and World Bank to impose
neoliberalism on the countries which object such a course.
- Collective security (via NATO and regional blocks) which mean excluding the possibility of arising
players that can challenge the USA dominance as a sole superpower achieved after the dissolution
of the USSR.
As such, neoliberalism, in its crudest form, is crystallized in the Ten Commandments of the 1989
(policy of debt slavery set for the world by the US via international financial institutions). While
pushing the democracy as a smoke screen, they implicitly postulate hegemony of the financial elite (which
is a part of "economic elite" that neoliberalism defines as a hegemonic class).
of the economy also serves as a powerful method of redistribution of wealth, so neoliberalism generally
lead to deterioration of standard of living for lower quintile of the population and in some countries
(like Russia in 1991-2000) for the majority of the population. This is done largely via credit system
and in this sense neoliberalism represents "reinters paradise". Neoliberal globalization was built on
the foundation of US hegemony, conceived as the projection of the hegemony of the US capital and dollar
as the dominant reserve currency. As such it is critically dependent of the power and stability of the
US and the financial, economic, political and military supremacy of the US in every region. For this
purpose the USA maintains over 500 military bases (737 by some counts) and over 2.5 million of military
But there are also important differences. Unlike most religions, neoliberalism is highly criminogenic
(i.e., having the quality of causing or fostering crime). It is more criminogenic in countries with
lower standard of living and in such countries it often lead to conversion of a "normal", but poor state
into a kleptocratic state (Yeltsin's Russia is a good example) with the requisite mass poverty (Global
Anomie, Dysnomie and Economic Crime Hidden Consequences of Neoliberalism and Globalization in Russia
and Around the World). Unfortunately architects of this transformation (Harvard
Mafia in case of Russia) usually avoid punishment for their crimes. Corruption of the US regulators
which happened under neoliberal regime starting from Reagan is also pretty well covered theme.
While economic crisis of 2008 led to a crisis of neoliberalism, this is not necessary a terminal
crisis. The phase of neoliberal dominance still continues, but internal contradictions became much deeper
and the regime became increasingly unstable even in the citadel of neoliberalism -- the USA. Neoliberalism
as an intellectual product is practically dead. After the crisis of 2008, the notion that finance mobilizes
and allocates resources efficiently, drastically reduces systemic risks and brings significant productivity
gains for the economy as a whole became untenable. But its zombie phase supported by several states
(the USA, GB, Germany), transnational capital (and financial capital in particular) and respective elites
out of the sense of self-preservation might continue (like Bolshevism rule in the USSR in 70th-80th)
despite increasing chance of facing discontent of population and bursts of social violence.
Cornerstone of neoliberal regime, the economic power of the USA is now under threat from the rise
of Asia. This is one reason of mutation of neoliberalism into aggressive neoconservative imperialism
that we witness in the USA.
While intellectually neoliberalism was bankrupt from the beginning, after 2008 believing it in is
possible only by ignoring the results of deregulation in the USA and other countries. In other words
the mythology of self-regulating "free market" became a "damaged goods". In this sense, any sensible
person should now hold neoliberal sect in contempt. But reality is different and it still enjoy the
support of the part of population which can't see through the smoke screen. With the strong support
of financial oligarchy neoliberalism will continue to exists in zombie state for quite a while, although
I hope this will not last as long as dominance of Catholicism during European Dark Ages ;-). Still the
US is yet to see its Luther. As was noted about a different, older sect: "Men are blind to prefer
an absurd and sanguinary creed, supported by executioners and surrounded by fiery faggots, a creed which
can only be approved by those to whom it gives power and riches".
Like communism in the USSR it is a state supported religion: Neoliberalism enjoys support of western
governments and first of all the US government. Even when the US society entered deep crisis in 2008
and fabric of the society was torn by neoliberal policies it did not lose government support.
US was an imperial nation driven by annexation of territories from the very beginning
USA has a history of "plain vanilla" (British style) imperialism, based on annexation and occupation
of territories since the presidency of James K. Polk who led the United States into the
Mexican–American War of 1846, and the eventual annexation of California and other western
territories via the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo and the Gadsden purchase. The term is most
commonly used to describe the U.S.'s status since the 20th century (Empire
Annexation was the crucial instrument
in the expansion of the USA after it won independence. The United States Congress' ability to
annex a foreign territory is explained in a report from the Congressional Committee on Foreign Relations,
The term "American Empire" refers to the United States' cultural ideologies and foreign policy
strategies. The term is most commonly used to describe the U.S.'s status since the 20th century,
but it can also be applied to the United States' world standing before the rise of nationalism in
the 20th century. The United States is not traditionally recognized as an empire, in part because
the U.S. adopted a different political system from those that previous empires had used. Despite
these systematic differences, the political objectives and strategies of the United States
government have been quite similar to those of previous empires. Krishna Kumar explores this idea
that the distinct principles of nationalism and imperialism may, in fact, result in one common
In "Nation-states as empires, empires as nation-states: two principles, one practice?" she
argues that the pursuit of nationalism can often coincide with the pursuit of imperialism in
terms of strategy and decision making. Throughout the 19th century, the United States
government attempted to expand their territory by any means necessary. Regardless of the supposed
motivation for this constant expansion, all of these land acquisitions were carried out by
imperialistic means. This was done by financial means in some cases, and by military force in
others. Most notably, the Louisiana Purchase (1803), the Texas Annexation (1845), and the Mexican
Cession (1848) highlight the imperialistic goals of the United States during this "modern period"
The U.S. government has stopped pursuing additional territories since the mid 20th century.
However, some scholars still consider U.S. foreign policy strategies to be imperialistic. This
idea is explored in the "contemporary usage" section.
... ... ...
Stuart Creighton Miller posits that the public's sense of innocence about Realpolitik (cf.
American Exceptionalism) impairs popular recognition of US imperial conduct since it governed
other countries via surrogates. These surrogates were domestically-weak, right-wing governments
that would collapse without US support. Former President G.W. Bush's Secretary of Defense,
Donald Rumsfeld, said: "We don't seek empires. We're not imperialistic; we never have been."
This statement directly contradicts Thomas Jefferson who, in the 1780s while awaiting the fall of
the Spanish empire, said: "...till our population can be sufficiently advanced to gain it from
them piece by piece". In turn, historian Sidney Lens argues that from its inception,
the US has used every means available to dominate other nations. Other historian Max
Ostrovsky argues that the term hegemony is better than empire to describe the US' role in the
world but finds that hegemony is likely to be an intermediate stage between states system and
... ... ...
In his book review of Empire (2000) by Michael Hardt and Antonio Negri, Mehmet Akif Okur
posits that since the 11 September 2001 terrorist attacks in the US, the international relations
determining the world's balance of power (political, economic, military) have been altered. These
alterations include the intellectual (political science) trends that perceive the contemporary
world's order via the re-territorrialisation of political space, the re-emergence of classical
imperialist practices (the "inside" vs. "outside" duality, cf. the Other), the deliberate
weakening of international organisations, the restructured international economy, economic
nationalism, the expanded arming of most countries, the proliferation of nuclear weapon
capabilities and the politics of identity emphasizing a state's subjective perception of its
place in the world, as a nation and as a civilisation. These changes constitute the "Age of
Nation Empires"; as imperial usage, nation-empire denotes the return of geopolitical power from
global power blocs to regional power blocs (i.e., centered upon a "regional power" state [China,
Russia, U.S., et al.]) and regional multi-state power alliances (i.e., Europe, Latin America,
South East Asia). Nation-empire regionalism claims sovereignty over their respective (regional)
political (social, economic, ideologic), cultural, and military spheres.
"If, in the judgment of Congress, such a measure is supported by a safe and wise policy, or is based
upon a natural duty that we owe to the people of Hawaii, or is necessary for our national development
and security, that is enough to justify annexation, with the consent of the recognized government of
the country to be annexed."
Even prior to annexing a territory, the American government usually held tremendous political power
in those territories through the various legislations passed in the late 1800s. The Platt Amendment
was utilized to prevent Cuba from entering into any agreements with foreign nations, and also granted
the Americans the right to build naval stations on their soil.
Executive officials in the American government began to determine themselves the supreme authority in
matters regarding the recognition or restriction of
When asked on April 28, 2003, on
al-Jazeera whether the United
States was "empire building," Secretary of Defense
Donald Rumsfeld replied
"We don't seek empires, we're not imperialistic. We never have been."
And this denial is typical for "Empire of Lies" as some researchers call the USA. Historian
Donald W. Meinig says the
imperial behavior by the United States dates at least to the
Louisiana Purchase, which
he describes as an "imperial acquisition-imperial in the sense of the aggressive encroachment of one
people upon the territory of another, resulting in the subjugation of that people to alien rule." The
U.S. policies towards the Native
Americans he said were "designed to remold them into a people more appropriately conformed to imperial
Writers and academics of the early 20th century, like
Charles A. Beard,
discussed American policy as being driven by self-interested expansionism going back as far as the writing
of the Constitution. Some politicians today do not agree.
Pat Buchanan claims that the
modern United States' drive to empire is "far removed from what the Founding Fathers had intended the
young Republic to become."
Andrew Bacevich who
is a an influencial writer about the US empite with his book American empite (2002) argues
that the U.S. did not fundamentally change its
policy after the Cold War,
and remains focused on an effort to expand its control across the world.
As the surviving superpower at the end of the Cold War, the U.S. could focus its assets in new directions,
the future being "up for grabs" according to former Under Secretary of Defense for Policy
Paul Wolfowitz in 1991.
Manufacturing Consent: The Political Economy of the Mass Media, the political activist
Noam Chomsky argues that exceptionalism
and the denials of imperialism are the result of a systematic strategy of propaganda, to "manufacture
opinion" as the process has long been described in other countries.
Thorton wrote that "[…]imperialism is more often the name of the emotion that reacts to a series
of events than a definition of the events themselves. Where colonization finds analysts and analogies,
imperialism must contend with crusaders for and against."
Political theorist Michael Walzer
argues that the term hegemony is
better than empire to describe the US's role in the world;
political scientist Robert Keohane
agrees saying, a "balanced and nuanced analysis is not aided...by the use of the phrase 'empire' to
describe United States hegemony, since 'empire' obscures rather than illuminates the differences in
form of rule between the United States and other Great Powers, such as Great Britain in the 19th century
or the Soviet Union in the
Emmanuel Todd assumes that
USA cannot hold for long the status of mondial hegemonic power due to limited resources. Instead, USA
is going to become just one of the major regional powers along with European Union, China, Russia, etc.
relations scholar Joseph Nye
argues that U.S. power is more and more based on "soft
power", which comes from
rather than raw military or economic force.
This includes such factors as the widespread desire to emigrate to the United States, the prestige and
corresponding high proportion of foreign students at U.S. universities, and the spread of U.S. styles
of popular music and cinema. Mass immigration into America may justify this theory, but it is hard to
know for sure whether the United States would still maintain its prestige without its military and economic
Military and cultural
imperialism are interdependent. American
Edward Said, one of the founders
of post-colonial theory,
[…], so influential has been the discourse insisting on American specialness, altruism and opportunity,
that imperialism in the United States as a word or ideology has turned up only rarely and recently
in accounts of the United States culture, politics and history. But the connection between imperial
politics and culture in North
America, and in particular in the United States, is astonishingly direct.
International relations scholar David Rothkopf disagrees and argues that cultural imperialism is
the innocent result of globalization,
which allows access to numerous U.S. and Western ideas and products that many non-U.S. and non-Western
consumers across the world voluntarily choose to consume.
has a similar analysis, but argues further that the global cultural influence of the U.S. is a good
Nationalism is the main process
through which the government is able to shape public opinion.
Propaganda in the media is strategically
placed in order to promote a common attitude among the people. Louis A. Perez Jr. provides an example
of propaganda used during the war of 1898,
"We are coming, Cuba, coming; we are bound to set you free! We are coming from the mountains,
from the plains and inland sea! We are coming with the wrath of God to make the Spaniards flee! We
are coming, Cuba, coming; coming now!"
Chip Pitts argues similarly
that enduring U.S. bases in Iraq suggest a vision of "Iraq
as a colony".[
While territories such as Guam,
the United States
Virgin Islands, the
Northern Mariana Islands,
American Samoa and
Puerto Rico remain under U.S.
control, the U.S. allowed many of its overseas territories or occupations to gain independence after
World War II. Examples include
the Philippines (1946), the
Panama canal zone (1979),
Palau (1981), the
of Micronesia (1986) and the
Marshall Islands (1986).
Most of them still have U.S. bases within their territories. In the case of
Okinawa, which came under U.S. administration
after the Battle of Okinawa
during the Second World War, this happened despite local popular opinion.
As of 2003, the United States had bases in over 36 countries worldwide.
How America built its empire The real history of American foreign policy that the media won't tell you
When you talk about the effectiveness of American imperialism, you highlight the fact that part
of the reason it's so effective is because it has been able to be largely invisible, and it has been
invisible, you point out, through, I think, two mechanisms, one, that it trains the elites in other
countries in order to manage affairs on behalf of American imperialism, and also because it disseminates,
through popular media, images of America that in essence -- I'm not sure you use this word exactly
-- indoctrinate or brainwash a population into allowing them to believe that America is instilled
with values that in fact it doesn't have, the ability of imperialistic forces to supposedly give
these values to the countries they dominate.
I mean, that is a kind of a raison d'être for economic and even military intervention, as we saw
in Iraq, in planning democracy in Baghdad and letting it spread out across the Middle East, or going
into Afghanistan to liberate the women of Afghanistan. That, as somebody who spent 20 years on the
outer edges of empire, is a lie.
The other day I wrote Perry Anderson, the subject of the following interview, to ask what he thought
of the foreign policy debates, such as they are, among our presidential aspirants. Logical question:
Anderson, a prominent scholar and intellectual for decades, has just published "American Foreign
Policy and Its Thinkers," a superbly lucid account of U.S policy's historical roots and the people
who shape policy in our time.
"Current candidates' f/p talk leaves me speechless," came Anderson's terse reply.
defensible. Most of what these people have to say-and I do not exclude the Democratic candidates-is
nothing more than a decadent, late-exceptionalist rendering of a policy tradition that, as Anderson's
book reminds readers, once had a coherent rationale even as it has so often led to incoherent, irrational
Born in London in 1938-during the Munich crisis, as he points out-Anderson has been a presence
on the trans-Atlantic intellectual scene since he took the editor's chair at the then-struggling
New Left Review in 1962, when he was all of 24. Eight years later NLR launched Verso, a book imprint
as singular (and as singularly influential) as the journal.
Anderson has headed both at various intervals for years. His own books range widely. My favorites
are "Zone of Engagement" (1992) and "Spectrum" (2005), which collect essays on an amazing range of
20th century thinkers. To them I now add the new foreign policy book, which I count indispensable
to anyone serious about the topic.
I met Anderson, who has taught comparative political and intellectual history at UCLA since 1989,
at his home in Santa Monica this past summer. Over a fulsome afternoon's conversation in his admirably
spartan study, he impressed me again and as readers will see for themselves, but the counterarguments
are generously given and always rewarding.
The transcript that follows is the first of two parts and includes a few questions posed via email
after we met. It is otherwise only lightly edited. Part 2 will appear next week.
"American Foreign Policy and its Thinkers" is well timed, given the unusual prominence
foreign policy now assumes in the American political conversation. How would you describe your approach?
What distinguishes the book from so many others? How should one read it? What's the project?
The book tries to do two things. One is to cover the history of American foreign policy, from
around 1900 to the present, tracing the gradual construction of a global empire. This first really
came into view as a prospect during the Second World War and is today a reality across all five continents,
as a glance at the skein of its military bases makes clear. The Cold War was a central episode within
this trajectory, but the book doesn't treat just the U.S. record vis-á-vis the USSR or China. It
tries to deal equally with American relations with the Europe and Japan, and also with the
Third World, treated not as a homogenous entity but as four or five zones that required different
The second part of the book is a survey of American grand strategy-that is, the different ways
leading counselors of state interpret the current position of the United States on the world stage
and their recommendations for what Washington should do about it.
The "big think" set, in other words-Kissinger, of course, Brzezinski, Walter Russell Mead,
Robert Kagan. And then people such as Francis Fukuyama, whom I consider a ridiculous figure but whose
thinking you judged worth some scrutiny. How did you choose these?
From the range of in-and-outers-thinkers moving between government and the academy or think-tanks-who
have sought to guide U.S. foreign policy since 2000, with some intellectual originality. Kissinger
isn't among these. His ideas belong to a previous epoch, his later offerings are boilerplate. Fukuyama,
who sensed what the effects of office on thought could be, and got out of state service quite early,
is a mind of a different order. The figures selected cover the span of options within what has always
been a bipartisan establishment.
You make a distinction between American exceptionalism, which is much in the air, and
American universalism, which few of us understand as a separate matter. The first holds America to
be singular (exceptional), and the second that the world is destined to follow us, that the trails
we've blazed are the future of humanity. You call this a "potentially unstable compound." Could you
elaborate on this distinction, and explain why you think it's unstable?
It's unstable because the first can exist without the second. There is, of course, a famous ideological
linkage between the two in the religious idea, specific to the United States, of Providence-that
is, divine Providence. In your own book "Time No Longer" you cite an astounding expression of this
notion: "However one comes to the debate, there can be little question that the hand of Providence
has been on a nation which finds a Washington, a Lincoln, or a Roosevelt when it needs him." That
pronouncement was delivered in the mid-1990s-not by some television preacher, but by Seymour Martin
Lipset: chairs at Harvard and Stanford, president of both the American Sociological and the American
Political Science Associations, a one-time social democrat.
What is the force of this idea? A belief that God has singled out America as a chosen nation for
exceptional blessings, a notion which then easily becomes a conviction of its mission to bring the
benefits of the Lord to the world. President after president, from Truman through to Kennedy, the
younger Bush to Obama, reiterate the same tropes: "God has given us this, God has given us that,"
and with the unique freedom and prosperity he has conferred on us comes a universal calling to spread
these benefits to the rest of the world. What is the title of the most ambitious contemporary account
of the underlying structures of American foreign policy? "Special Providence," by Walter Russell
Mead. Year of publication: 2001.
But while a messianic universalism follows easily from providential exceptionalism, it is not
an ineluctable consequence of it. You mount a powerful attack on the idea of exceptionalism in "Time
No Longer," but-we may differ on this-if we ask what is the more dangerous element in the unstable
compound of the nation's image of itself, I would say exceptionalism is the less dangerous. That
may seem paradoxical. But historically the idea of exceptionalism allowed for an alternative, more
modest deduction: that the country was different from all others, and so should not be meddling with
them-the argument of Washington's Farewell Address [in 1796].
A century later, this position became known as isolationism, and as the American empire took shape,
it was all but invariably castigated as narrow-minded, short-sighted and selfish. But it could often
be connected with a sense that the republic was in danger at home, with domestic ills that needed
to be addressed, which vast ambitions abroad would only compound. Mead terms this strand in American
sensibility Jeffersonian, which isn't an accurate description of Jefferson's own empire-building
outlook, but he otherwise captures it quite well.
We don't ordinarily apply the term "exceptionalist" in the same breath to America and
to Japan, though if there is any nation that claims to be completely unique, it is Japan. But the
claim produced a drastic isolationism as a national impulse, both in the Tokugawa period [1603-1868,
a period of severely enforced seclusion] and after the war. Does that support the point you're making?
Exactly. Historically, exceptionalism could generate a self-limiting, self-enclosing logic as
well as the gigantic expansionist vanities of the Co-Prosperity Sphere and the "Free World" [narrative].
In the American case, the two strands of exceptionalism and universalism remained distinct, respectively
as isolationist and interventionist impulses, sometimes converging but often diverging, down to the
Second World War. Then they fused. The thinker who wrote best about this was Franz Schurmann, whose
" Logic of World Power" came out during the Vietnam War. He argued that each had a distinct political-regional
base: the social constituency for isolationism was small business and farming communities in the
Midwest, for interventionism it was the banking and manufacturing elites of the East Coast, with
often sharp conflicts between the two up through the end of thirties. But in the course of the Second
World War they came together in a synthesis he attributed-somewhat prematurely-to FDR, and they have
remained essentially interwoven ever since. The emblematic figure of this change was [Arthur H.]
Vandenberg, the Republican Senator from Michigan [1928-51], who remained an isolationist critic of
interventionism even for a time after Pearl Harbor, but by the end of the war had become a pillar
of the new imperial consensus.
Mainstream debate today seems to have constructed two very stark alternatives: There is
either engagement or isolation. In this construction, engagement means military engagement; if we
are not going to be militarily engaged we are isolationists. I find that absolutely wrong. There
are multiple ways of being engaged with the world that have nothing to do with military assertion.
True, but engagement in that usage doesn't mean just military engagement,
but power projection more generally. One of the thinkers I discuss toward the end of my book is Robert
Art, a lucid theorist of military power and its political importance to America, who argues for what
he calls selective-expressly, not universal-engagement. What is unusual about him is that in seeking
to discriminate among engagements the U.S. should and should not select, he starts considering in
a serious, non-dismissive way what would typically be construed as isolationist alternatives, even
if ending with a fairly conventional position.
How far do you view the contemporary American crisis-if you accept that we are living
through one-as, at least in part, one of consciousness? As an American, I tend to think that no significant
departure from where find ourselves today can be achieved until we alter our deepest notions of ourselves
and our place among others. I pose this question with some trepidation, since a change in consciousness
is a generational project, if not more. Our leadership is not remotely close even to thinking about
this. I'm suggesting a psychological dimension to our predicament, and you may think I put too much
weight on that.
You ask at the outset whether I accept that Americans are living through a crisis. My reply would
be: not anything like the order of crisis that would bring about the sort of change in consciousness
for which you might hope. You describe that as a generational project, and there, yes, one can say
that among the youngest cohorts of the U.S. population, the ideologies of the status quo are less
deeply embedded, and in certain layers even greatly weakened. That is an important change, but it's
generational, rather than society-wide, and it's not irreversible.
At the level of the great majority, including, naturally, the upper middle class, the image you
use to describe the purpose of your last book applies: you write that it aims "to sound the tense
strings wound between the pegs of myth and history during the hundred years and a few that I take
to be the American century. It is this high, piercing tone that Americans now have a chance to render,
hear, and recognize all at once. We have neither sounded nor heard it yet." That's all too true,
unfortunately. The most one can say is that, among a newer generation, the strings are fraying a
I tend to distinguish between strong nations and the merely powerful, the former being
supple and responsive to events, the later being brittle and unstable. Is this a useful way to judge
America in the early 21st century-monumentally powerful but of dubious strength? If so, doesn't it
imply some change in the American cast of mind, as the difference between the two sinks in?
That depends on the degree of instability you sense in the country. In general, a major change
in consciousness occurs when there is a major alteration in material conditions of life. For example,
if a deep economic depression or dire ecological disaster strikes a society, all bets are off. Then,
suddenly, thoughts and actions that were previously inconceivable become possible and natural. That
isn't the situation so far in America.
Can you discuss the new accord with Iran in this context? I don't see any question it's
other than a breakthrough, a new direction. What do you think were the forces propelling the Obama
administration to pursue this pact? And let's set aside the desire for a "legacy" every president
cultivates late in his time.
The agreement with Iran is an American victory but not a departure in U.S. foreign policy. Economic
pressure on Iran dates back to Carter's time, when the U.S. froze the country's overseas assets after
the ousting of the Shah, and the full range of ongoing U.S. sanctions was imposed by the Clinton
administration in 1996. The Bush administration escalated the pressure by securing U.N. generalization
of sanctions in 2006, and the Obama administration has harvested the effect.
Over the past decade, the objective has always been the same: to protect Israel's nuclear monopoly
in the region without risking an Israeli blitz on Iran to preserve it-that might set off too great
a wave of popular anger in the Middle East. It was always likely, as I point out in "American Policy
and its Thinkers," that the clerical regime in Tehran would buckle under a sustained blockade, if
that was the price of its survival. The agreement includes a time-out clause to save its face, but
the reality is an Iranian surrender.
You can see how little it means any alteration in imperial operations in the region by looking
at what the Obama administration is doing in Yemen, assisting Saudi Arabia's wholesale destruction
of civilian life there in the interest of thwarting imaginary Iranian schemes.
This next question vexes many people, me included. On the one hand, the drives underlying
the American imperium are material: the expansion of capital and the projection of power by its political
representatives. The American mythologies are shrouds around these. On the other hand, the issue
of security has a long history among Americans. It is authentically an obsession independent of capital-American
paranoia dates back at least to the 18th century. I don't take these two accountings to be mutually
exclusive, but I'd be interested to know how you reconcile these different threads in American foreign
Yes, there has been a longstanding-you could say aboriginal-obsession with security in the United
States. This can be traced as an independent strand running through the history of American dealings
with the outside world. What happened, of course, from the Cold War through to the "war on terror"
was a ruthless instrumentalization of this anxiety for purposes of expansion rather than defense.
At the start of the Cold War you had the National Security Act and the creation of the National Security
Council, and today we have the National Security Agency. Security became a euphemistic cloak for
The United States occupies the better part of a continent separated by two immense oceans, which
nobody in modern history has had any serious chance of invading, unlike any other major state in
the world, all of which have contiguous land-borders with rival powers, or are separated from them
only by narrow seas. The U.S. is protected by a unique geographical privilege. But if its expansion
overseas cannot be attributed to imperatives of security, what has driven it?
A gifted and important group of historians, the Wisconsin school [which included the late William
Appleman Williams, among others], has argued that the secret of American expansion has from the beginning
lain in the quest by native capital for continuously larger markets, which first produced pressure
on the internal frontier and the march across the continent to the Pacific, and when the West Coast
was reached, a drive beyond into Asia and Latin America, and ultimately the rest of the world, under
the ideology of the Open Door.
A couple of good scholars, Melvyn Leffler and Wilson Miscamble, one a liberal and the other a
conservative, have identified my position with this tradition, taxing me with a belief that American
foreign policy is essentially just an outgrowth of American business. This is a mistake. My argument
is rather that because of the enormous size and self-sufficiency of the American economy, the material
power at the disposal of the American state exceeded anything that American capital could directly
make use of or require.
If you look at the First World War, you can see this very clearly. East Coast bankers and munitions
manufacturers did well out of supplying the Entente powers, but there was no meaningful economic
rationale for American entry into the war itself. The U.S. could tip the scales in favor of the British
and French variants of imperialism against the German and Austrian variants without much cost to
itself, but also much to gain.
The same gap between the reach of American business and the power of the American state explains
the later hegemony of the United States within the advanced capitalist world after the Second World
War. Standard histories wax lyrical in admiration of the disinterested U.S. generosity that revived
Germany and Japan with the Marshall and Dodge Plans [reconstruction programs after 1945], and it
is indeed the case that policies crafted at the State and Defense Departments did not coincide with
the desiderata of the Commerce Department. The key requirement was to rebuild these former enemies
as stable capitalist bulwarks against communism, even if this meant there could be no simple Open
Door into them for U.S. capital.
For strategic political reasons, the Japanese were allowed to re-create a highly protected economy,
and American capital was by and large barred entry. The priority was to defend the general integrity
of capitalism as a global system against the threat of socialism, not particular returns to U.S.
business. The importance of those were never, of course, ignored. But they had to bide their time.
Today's Trans-Pacific Partnership will finally pry open Japanese financial, retail and other markets
that have remained closed for so long.
I'd like to turn to the origins of the Cold War, since I believe we are never going to
get anywhere until these are honestly confronted. You give a forceful account of Stalin's reasons
for avoiding confrontation after 1945 and Washington's reasons for not doing so. But should we attribute
the outbreak of the Cold War to the U.S. without too much in the way of qualification?
We can look at the onset of the Cold War on two levels. One is that of punctual events. There,
you are certainly right to pick out the ideological starting gun as Truman's speech on Greece in
1947, designed the "scare hell" out of voters to win acceptance for military aid to the Greek monarchy.
In policy terms, however, the critical act that set the stage for confrontation with Moscow was the
flat American refusal to allow any serious reparations for the staggering level of destruction Russia
suffered from the German attack on it. The most developed third of the country was laid waste, its
industry and its cities wrecked, while Americans suffered not a fly on the wrist at home-basking,
on the contrary, in a massive economic boom. There was no issue Stalin spoke more insistently about
than reparations in negotiations among the Allies. But once the fighting was over, the U.S. reneged
on wartime promises and vetoed reparations from the larger part of Germany-far the richest and most
developed, and occupied by the West-because it did not want to strengthen the Soviet Union and
did want to rebuild the Ruhr as an industrial base under Western control, with a view to
creating what would subsequently become the Federal Republic.
Can you put Hiroshima and Nagasaki into this context?
Prior to this came Truman's decision to drop atomic bombs on Japan. He did so, of course, to shorten
the war, and partly also because the Pentagon wanted to test its new weapons. But there was a further
reason for the obliteration of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. It was urgent to secure a Japanese surrender
before the Red Army could get close to the country, for fear that Moscow might insist on a Soviet
presence in the occupation of Japan. The U.S. was determined not to let the Russians in, as they
could not stop them from doing in Germany. So if we look just at events, you can say the starting
points were the use of atomic bombs in Japan and the refusal of reparations in Germany. In that sense,
those who argue that the Cold War was an American initiative-the Swedish historian Anders Stephanson,
who has written most deeply about this, calls it an American project-are justified in doing so.
So these are your "punctual events."
Exactly. On the hand, if we look at the structural origins of the Cold War, they don't lie in
these punctual events, but in the radical incompatibility between American capitalism and Soviet
communism as forms of economy, society and polity. Revisionist historians have pointed out quite
properly that Stalin was defensive in outlook after the war, determined to erect a protective
glacis in Eastern Europe against any repetition of the Nazi invasion of Russia, but otherwise
acutely conscious of Soviet weakness and superior Western strength.
All of that is true, but at the same time Stalin remained a communist who firmly believed that
the ultimate mission of the world's working class was to overthrow capitalism, everywhere. His immediate
stance was defensive, but in the much longer run his expectation was offensive. In that sense, U.S.
policies toward the USSR were not needlessly aggressive, as revisionists maintain, but perfectly
rational. The two systems were mortal antagonists.
Let's move to the topic of social democracy. I did a lot of my learning in developing
countries and have a sense that Washington's true Cold War enemy was social democracy as it spread
through Western Europe and all the newly independent nations. What's your view of this?
Strong disagreement, so far as Europe is concerned. If you look at the
whole period from 1945 through to the present, you could argue that, on the contrary, European social
democracy was Washington's best friend in the region. NATO was the brainchild not of the Pentagon
but of Ernest Bevin, the social-democratic foreign secretary in Britain. Attlee, his prime minister,
then split his own government by cutting the health service to fund rearmament for the American war
in Korea. In France, the most ruthless crackdown on labor unrest after the war came from Jules Moch,
the Socialist interior minister.
Think, too, of the Norwegian social democrat who Washington put in charge of the U.N. as its first
secretary general, Trygve Lie, an odious collaborator with McCarthyism inside the United Nations.
This was the period in which Irving Brown of the A.F.L., working closely with local social democrats,
was installed in Europe by the C.I.A. with funds to divide and corrupt trade unions everywhere. He
was still active in plotting against Allende [the Chilean social democratic president] in the '70s.
As to more recent years, who was Bush's most ardent European ally in the war on Iraq? Not any conservative
politician, but British social democrat Blair.
There were exceptions to this dismal record, but few and far between. Not by accident, they generally
came from neutral countries that stayed out of the Cold War. In Sweden, Olaf Palme was a courageous
opponent of the American war in Vietnam, detested by the U.S. for that reason. In Austria, Bruno
Kreisky took an independent line on the Middle East, refusing to fall in with Western support for
Israel-itself governed in those years by another social democratic party-and so was scarcely less
disliked by the U.S.
But the dominant pattern has always been craven submission to Washington.
Well, I was thinking more of figures like Mossadeq, Arbenz and Allende-maybe the Sandinistas,
Their fate is certainly relevant, but there you are talking of a different
political phenomenon-nationalism in the Third World, typically though not invariably of the left.
You could add Lumumba in the Congo, Goulart in Brazil, Bosch in the Dominican Republic and others
to the list. Not all were figures of the left, but from the Cold War onward the U.S. regarded nearly
all serious attempts at nationalization of local resources as a threat to capital and worked to subvert
or overthrow those who undertook them. A good part of my book is devoted to this front of imperial
I've often wondered what the fate of Cuba would have been if Castro had been properly
received in Washington in 1960. Could he have become something like a social democrat?
Excluded, if only because of the side of the Cuban Revolution that distinguished
it from both the Chinese Revolution and from the outcome of Russian Revolution after Lenin, which
was genuine internationalism. It had to be internationalist because it was a small island close to
the United States, not a huge country far away, so it needed revolutionary solidarity within Latin
America, which it couldn't hope for as long the continent was populated by assorted clients of the
United States, most of them dictators. So even if, counterfactually, Eisenhower or Kennedy had rolled
out a tactical red carpet for Fidel, there would have still have been insurmountable conflict over
all these Latin American regimes propped up by the United States. The Cubans would have never said,
if you put up with us, you can do what you want anywhere. Think of the fact they sent troops [in
1975] even to Angola-where they had no regional connection at all-to save it from a U.S.-backed invasion
by South Africa.
Do you see any inflections in the development of American foreign policy over this period?
There is an underlying continuity in the long arc of the U.S. imperium
that extends from FDR to Obama. But one can distinguish successive phases in this arc. You have the
period that runs from Truman to Kennedy, the high Cold War. Then comes Nixon, the only American president
with an original mind in foreign policy. He was intelligent because he was so cynical. He wasn't
taken in or mystified by the enormous amount of rhetoric surrounding the lofty U.S. mission in the
world. He was therefore more ruthless, but also genuinely innovative in a whole series of ways, the
most important of which was to capitalize on the Sino-Soviet split.
The next phase runs from Carter through Reagan to the elder Bush, which sees a reversion to the
earlier forms of foreign policy during the Cold War. The fourth phase, of humanitarian intervention,
from Clinton through the younger Bush to Obama.
I once thought Carter was an exception in this line, but have since been persuaded to
If you're interested in Carter, there's a good chapter on him in the huge
"Cambridge History of the Cold War" by a scholar sympathetic to Carter, which captures the ambiguities
and contradictions of his presidency quite well. He did, of course, talk a lot about human rights
at the beginning of his tenure, and appointed Patricia Derian, who genuinely believed in them but
was quite powerless, to an assistant position in the State Department. But one has to remember that
at the outset he appointed Zbigniew Brzezinski as national security adviser, on whom he relied throughout
Brzezinski was in many ways brighter than Kissinger, in later years an overrated showman not particularly
interesting as a thinker. Brzezinski's cold, brittle mind was a good deal sharper. He was also as
much, if not more, of a hawk than Kissinger had been. His masterstroke was funding religious and
tribal resistance to the Communist regime in Afghanistan well before any Soviet troops were there,
with the clear-cut and entirely successful aim of making the country the Vietnam of the USSR. There
followed the Carter Doctrine, which put the U.S. into the military emplacements in the Gulf, where
it remains today, while the president was toasting the Shah as a close personal friend and pillar
of human rights. To top it off, with Brzezinski at his elbow again, Carter patronized and protected
Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge, keeping them at the U.N. as the legitimate government of Cambodia, as
part of the deal with China for its attack on Vietnam.
In the Middle East, the peace treaty between Sadat and Begin is generally credited to Carter.
Its precondition, however, was the double rescue of Israel and of Egypt by Nixon and Kissinger in
the 1973 war, which put both countries into the palm of the American hand. What was the regional
upshot? Sadat ditched the Palestinians and became a well-funded U.S. client, Begin secured an ally
on Israel's southern flank and the Egyptians got the tyranny of Sadat, Mubarak and now Sisi for the
next 40 years. Yet to this day Carter gushes over Sadat, a torturer whose memory is loathed by his
people, as a wonderful human being. What is nevertheless true is that with all his weaknesses-and
worse-Carter was a contradictory figure, who, once he was ousted from office, behaved more decently
than any other ex-president in recent memory. Today, he's almost a pariah because of what he says
on Israel. One can respect him for that.
Turning to Europe for a moment, I often feel disappointed-I don't think I'm alone in this-at
the hesitancy of the Europeans to act on what seems to be their underlying impatience with American
primacy. Is this an unrealistic expectation?
Impatience isn't the right word. The reality is rather its opposite. Europe has become ever more
patient-a better word would be submissive-with the United States. After 1945, Western Europe was
far weaker in relation to America than the E.U. today, which is larger than the U.S. in both GDP
and population. But think of three European politicians-in France, Germany and England-in the first
15 years after the war. You had a great statesman in De Gaulle; a very strong, if much more limited
leader in Adenauer, and a weak ruler in Eden. But the striking thing is all three were quite prepared
to defy the United States in a way that no subsequent politician in Europe has ever done.
Eden launched the Suez expedition against Nasser [in late 1956] without informing Washington -
the Americans were livid, Eisenhower beside himself, fearing that it would stoke popular anti-imperialism
across Africa and Asia. So the U.S. brought the expedition to an abrupt halt by triggering a run
on sterling, and Eden fell. But there was an aftermath. The French premier at the time was Guy Mollet,
the Socialist who was an accomplice of Eden in the attack on Egypt, with, himself, a terrible record
in Algeria. When the idea of a Common Market came up shortly after the Suez debacle, though he was
personally favorable to it, he faced a lot of opposition in France - as there was, too, in Germany.
Adenauer, who was quite willing to make commercial concessions to France to smooth the path for the
undertaking, gave Mollet a political reason for the Common Market. Look what happened when you fought
at Suez, he told him. None of our countries is strong enough to resist the U.S. on its own. Let's
pool our resources and then we can do so.
Adenauer was loyal enough to the West, and a staunch anticommunist, but Germany, not America,
was what counted for him. As for De Gaulle, he famously pulled France out of the military command
of NATO, and defied America with éclat virtually throughout.
Since then, there has been nobody like this. If we ask why, I think the answer is that all these
people were formed before the First and Second World Wars broke out, in a period in which major European
states had as much weight as the United States on the international checkerboard, if not more. They
were not brought up in a world where American hegemony was taken for granted. All of them were involved
in the two World Wars, and in the Second De Gaulle had good reason to be distrustful of the U.S.,
since Roosevelt was long pro-Vichy and wanted to oust him as leader of the Free French.
We could add, incidentally, a couple of later politicians, who fought in the second conflict.
One was the English Tory prime minister, Edward Heath, the only postwar ruler of Britain who never
made the trip to simper on the White House lawn, receiving an audience and paying tribute, that would
become a virtual ceremony of investiture for any new ruler around the world. The other was Helmut
Schmidt, a veteran of Operation Barbarossa [the Nazi invasion of the Soviet Union in June 1941] who
scarcely concealed his disdain for Carter. These were latecomers from the past. Their successors
have grown up under U.S. paramountcy and take it for granted. This is America's world. It is second
nature for them to defer to it.
You describe a generational difference in sensibility. But what about the EU?
If the generational declension is one big change, another is what has become of the European Union
itself. On paper, it's much more powerful than any of the individual countries. But so far as any
coherent foreign policy is concerned, it's institutionally paralyzed by the number of states that
make it up-originally six, now 28-and the labyrinthine nature of their dealings with each other.
None of them has any complete autonomy of initiative. A staggering amount of time is wasted in endless
summits behind closed doors, agendas prepared by bureaucrats, tremulous fear of any public disagreement.
No serious international statecraft can emerge from this.
During the countdown to the war in Iraq, there were large street demonstrations in not a few countries,
which Dominique Strauss-Kahn-no less-described as a European Declaration of Independence. Schröder
[Gerhard, the German chancellor from 1998-2005] announced that Germany could not accept the war,
and Chirac [Jacques, the French president, 1995-2007] blocked a U.N. resolution endorsing it. Were
these bold acts of independence? Far from it. The French envoy in Washington told Bush in advance:
You already have one U.N. resolution saying Saddam must comply with inspections, which is suitably
vague. Don't embarrass us by trying to get another resolution that is more specific, which we'll
have to oppose. Just use that one and go in. No sooner, indeed, was the attack launched than Chirac
opened French skies to U.S. operations against Iraq. Can you imagine De Gaulle meekly helping a war
he had said he opposed? As for Schröder, it was soon revealed that German intelligence agents in
Baghdad had signaled ground targets for "Shock and Awe." These were politicians who knew the war
was very unpopular in domestic opinion, and so made a show of opposing it while actually collaborating.
Their independence was a comedy.
That was a dozen years ago. What's the position today?
Edward Snowden's break with the illegalities of Obama's government revealed that it was not only
spying on European as well as American citizens en masse, but tapping the phones and communications
of Merkel, Hollande and other pillars of Atlantic solidarity. How have these leaders reacted? With
an embarrassed smile, before the next warm embrace with the Leader of the Free World. Has one single
European government dreamt of offering asylum to Snowden? Not one. Under Merkel, indeed, it now emerges
that German intelligence itself was illegally spying on Germans at the behest of the U.S., and passing
on the information it gathered to the CIA. There are no consequences to such revelations, except
to those who reveal them. The level of abjection passes belief.
Let's put the Ukraine crisis in this context. It is, after all, what prompted me to raise
the question of European passivity in the trans-Atlantic relationship. Here, it seems to me, the
Europeans are furious with Washington for encouraging Kiev toward a patently dangerous confrontation
with Russia. Animosity has been evident since Vicky Nuland's infamous "'F'the E.U." remark just before
the coup last year. And now we see Merkel and Hollande more or less pushing the U.S. aside in favor
of a negotiated settlement-or "seem to see," in any case. What's your view here?
Why should Washington object to European attempts to reach a stand-off in the Ukraine, so long
as sanctions in Russia remain in place? Berlin and Paris are not going to defy it. Any real settlement
is for the time being out of reach, but if one were materialize, they would be convenient sherpas
for it. The E.U. as such hardly matters: Its reaction to Nuland's dismissal [of them] was to turn
the other cheek.
Patrick Smith is Salon's foreign affairs columnist. A longtime correspondent abroad, chiefly for
the International Herald Tribune and The New Yorker, he is also an essayist, critic and editor. His
most recent books are "Time No Longer: Americans After the American Century" (Yale, 2013) and Somebody
Else's Century: East and West in a Post-Western World (Pantheon, 2010). Follow him @thefloutist.
His web site is patricklawrence.us.
More Patrick L. Smith.
The Making Of Global Capitalism The Political Economy Of American Empire Sam Gindin, Leo Panitch
Hans G. Despain on October 7, 2012
Powerful Political Economy
Panitch and Gindin argue that market economies have never existed independent of nation states.
The state was necessary for the genesis of capitalism, and the state was, and still is, necessary
for its historical development and continuous reproduction. Nonetheless, Panitch and Gindin argue
there is significant autonomy, or historical "differentiation," between the economy and the nation
state. There are economic structural tendencies manifest from the logic of capital and the functioning
of the market-system. At the same time nation states can affect these structural tendencies in
In this sense, there has never been "separation" between capitalist reproduction/development and
the state, but there is "differentiation" which has radically significant effects. There is a
symbiotic relationship between the state and capitalistic reproduction/development.
This is a book of economic history. But is also a book of economic theory. The economic history
is rich and interesting, aimed at explaining the historical emergence of global financial capitalism.
While the history Panitch and Gindin offer is rich and interesting, the theory is still richer
and even more intriguing.
Their history is primarily aimed, (1) at explaining the emergence of the "informal American empire"
(what makes this empire "informal" is the hegemony is accomplished primarily through economic
strategy, policy, and diplomacy; and less through military might and political coercion) and (2)
demonstrating the historical shifting relationship (from decade to decade since the World War
I) between workers, business, finance, and the state.
Their theoretical concern is threefold;
- (1) offer a theoretical explanation of the crisis of 2007-8;
- (2) offer guidance toward the direction the future the "informal American empire" has for
guiding the economies of world; and
- (3) to understand the "informal American empire" as a set of beliefs, doctrine, and ideology
of how to organize modern societies (workers, business, finance and the state) and the global
order (both political [e.g. UN, NATO, etc.] and economical [World Bank, IMF, WTO) for the (ideological)
Although Panitch and Gindin accept that capitalistic development is uneven and unstable, it
is crucial to their thesis that each crisis is unique depending upon the particular relationships
and alliances forged between workers, business, finance, and the state. In this sense, the
crisis of 2007-8 is necessarily unique and the solutions or economic fiscal policies necessary
for recovery necessarily different from previous crises.
The highlights of their economic global history include that there have been four! major historical
global crises, the long depression in the 1870, the Great depression of 1930, the Great recession
of 1970s, and the Great financial crisis of 2007-09.
According to Pantich and Gindin, the 1970s is an economic watershed moment which separates
"two Golden ages" of American capitalism.
- The first Golden Age is from 1947 - 1973;
- the Great recession and various political crises ensue (1973 - 1983), there is a reconfiguration
of both the organization of society (workers, business, finance, and state; along with the
role of the IMF, World Bank, and global trade); then
- the second Golden Age from 1983 - 2007.
It may be quite strange to many readers to call 1983 - 2007 a Golden Age. But in fact when
looking at the economic data of the period it was quite literally a Golden Age, with millions
of Americans and Global financiers and business leaders becoming impressively wealthy. Moreover,
the levels of production (GDP) and productivity during the second Golden Age generally outperform
the levels of production and productivity during the first Golden Age. Nonetheless the distribution
of this wealth is radically narrow and concentrated within primarily finance, while political
power concentrated toward "free-trade" orientated states, and away from workers and industrial
production. Moreover, Pantich and Gindin maintain that workers are generally weaker during the
second Golden Age, finance is strengthen and trumps over production processes, which is more or
less conventional wisdom of this period of modern history. Less conventional is their thesis that
the state, in particular the American domestic fiscal state and global "informal American empire,"
greatly strengthened post-1973-83 crisis.
It is not clear the direction the post-2007-09 crisis will take the global economy and American
capitalism. What is clear is that the symbiotic relationship between workers, business, finance,
and the state, and the global order (U.S. Treasury, IMF, World Bank, WTO, UN) is once again shifting.
Pantich and Gindin's book offers to the reader a far
Jeb Sprague on November 8, 2014
Fascinating & important book, yet suffers from nation-state centrism & ignores novel social
dynamics of Global Capitalism era
Panitch and Gindin's epic and fascinating book has the goal of tracing what the authors describe
as the central role of the informal "American empire" and U.S. capital in the formation of the
contemporary global capitalist system. I published a review in the journal Critical Sociology
(Vol. 40, No. 5. P. 803-807) earlier this year that expands further on the importance of this
work but I also have some criticisms, of which I paste some of below:
Whereas the authors emphasize the role of longstanding national and international dynamics, they
overlook the numerous studies that have shown how novel transnational dynamics have come about
even as historic residue remains (see for example Harris, 2013; Murray G, 2012; Robinson, 2003,
2004, 2014). Other than briefly denying the usefulness of the idea, the authors say little about
the good deal of work on transnational class relations, for example in regards to the different
fractions of the transnational capitalist class (as detailed in the works of Baker, 2011; Robinson,
2003, 2008; Harris, 2008; Sklair, 2001; Carrol, 2011; Murray J, 2013). Panitch and Gindin argue
that theories of a TCC (transnational capitalist class) lead us to overlook uneven development
between "nation-states" and the "economic competition between various centers of accumulation"
(p. 11).... Yet while capital tends to concentrate in particular built up spaces, this corresponds,
as a number of studies have shown, less and less to the strict restrictions of national space.
Functionally integrated circuits of production and finance, and other networks, for example, have
come to cut through various geographic scales (including national space) (Dicken, 20112; Robinson,
2010). Whereas local, national, regional, and international dynamics remain legion and substantial,
many decisive economic, social, and political processes have become transnationally oriented....
The role of the state and its different policies is a clear focus of Panitch and Gindin's book.
At times the authors do refer to the role of state elites, but often the authors can reify the
state, describing the state as if it acts on its own and of its own accord. We need here to understand
more clearly the class nature of the state, how specific social groups operate through state apparatuses
as a site of struggle. Rather than individuals of the capitalist class serving directly in the
state, it is governing political groups that normally do this. As relatively autonomous these
political groups and state elites maintain legitimacy in the eyes of the electorate, even as they
overwhelmingly operate in the "collective" interests of capital. This relative autonomy is conditioned
by a number of dynamics, such as prevailing socioeconomic conditions, the balance and struggle
of social forces, and the position or character of the state. In those instances where Panitch
and Gindin do write about state elites and political groups, these groups are presented as essentially
the traditional nation-state governing elite who often operate in the interests of domestic capitalists.
While these groups may fight among themselves or wrestle with domestic classes to carry out policies
that are internationally geared, these political elites, as Panitch and Gindin describe them,
do not veer far from the mold of their nation-state predecessors. The authors never recognize
the fundamental changes that are taking place, through which state apparatuses, most importantly
the U.S., are being utilized to reproduce conditions for circuits of global capital accumulation.
The authors pass over quickly some theories of the state that they disagree with, giving a straw
person description of a "supranational global state" (p. 11) and citing an article by Philip McMichael
(2001) that similarly misexplained ideas on the emergent transnationalization of state apparatuses
and rise of transnationally oriented technocrats and elites who operate through state apparatuses
(as discussed by Jayasuriya, 1999, 2005; Liodakis, 2010; Robinson, 2004, 2012; Sprague, 2012).
I would argue for example that transnationally oriented state elites and technocrats believe that
to develop they must insert their national states and institutions into global circuits of accumulation.
They need access to capital, and capital is in the hands of the TCC. However, state elites must
still appeal to their home audiences. They still interact with a variety of social groups and
social classes, some more transnationally oriented and others with a more national orientation.
Because of this, even as ties between state elites and TCC fractions deepen, national rhetoric
and national state policies occur that are in apparent contradiction with TCC interests.
In this way, political leaders attempt to maintain national political legitimacy while deepening
practices of a global nature. However, as these state elites become entangled with and dependent
upon processes of global capital accumulation they increasingly transition from taking part in
national or international processes to transnational processes.
In regards to law, Panitch and Gindin argue that "Americanized internationalized law" has supplanted
local international investment laws in much of the world. Here the authors obscure how transnational
legal frameworks have come about through coalitions and the support of various interests and social
forces. The mere adoption of laws for instance (even when heavily influenced by U.S. state elites)
does not explain how they are implemented or modified. Nor does it explain the different interests
behind these changes.
The authors emphasize the role of the "informal U.S. empire," with globalization "imbricated
in the American empire," a system "under continuing US leadership," with the country maintaining
its "imperial responsibilities for the reproduction of global capitalism" (p. 330). Yet they never
clearly explain what is global capitalism, globalization, or the difference between the international
and the transnational. This is because their conceptions of class, capital, and the state don't
help us to understand the fundamental changes taking place. While they provide an extensive and
critical historical overview in pointing out the leading role of the U.S. state and its policies
in reproducing today's "system of class power and inequality" (p. 330), they don't recognize how
this has occurred through fundamentally new dynamics of the global epoch.
While the authors help us to better understand the key role of the U.S. government and its
policies during the late twentieth and early-twenty-first centuries, they do so through an outdated
theoretical scope that never gets at the deep changes occurring. Rather than the U.S. nation-state
empire and those operating through it creating conditions beneficial for closely aligned internationally
active domestic capitalists, more and more we can see how transnationally oriented elites
operating through the most powerful national state apparatus (headquartered in Washington) are
promoting conditions for circuits of global capital accumulation and in the interests of TCC fractions.
While this book is well worth your time reading, for getting a deeper understanding of contemporary
political economy I suggest Global Capitalism and the Crisis of Humanity clearer picture
of what is at stake and who are the main institutional actors in the historical drama and capitalistic
tragedy we call modern human history.
- 20190722 : Zionists in the Bush Administration ( Jul 22, 2019 , newobserveronline.com )
- 20190722 : All Hail Europe's Permanent Ruling Class ( Jul 22, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190722 : Cold War Success Cost America Its Place in the Global Order The National Interest ( www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20190722 : Perhaps the most immediately effective strategy for effecting a realignment of the global economy, ending the US pursuit of global military hegemony and the other planet threatening practices of the US and Western plutocracy would be for other countries to follow the historical precedent set by the United States in its Lend Lease dealings with Great Britain as detailed in Hudson's Super Imperialism > ( Jul 22, 2019 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20190722 : Latest desperate attempt to trigger a color revolution in Hong Kong ( Jul 22, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190722 : In Hong Kong, what we already suspected is now pretty much confirmed: there was an attempt of a color revolution in the city ( Jul 22, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190722 : T>here's a fundamental difference between debt in the past and debt today. In the past debt was owed to the state, today it's owed to some wealthy corporations. Good luck with debt jubilees in the absence of violent uprisings. ( Jul 22, 2019 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20190721 : Michael Hudson U.S. Economic Warfare and Likely Foreign Defenses naked capitalism ( Jul 21, 2019 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20190720 : FBI's spreadsheet puts a stake through the heart of Steele's dossier ( Jul 20, 2019 , thehill.com )
- 20190720 : The European Union's New Executive Kowtows to the Left ( Jul 20, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190720 : The Decline of Our Nation's Generals by Andrew Bacevich ( Jul 20, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190720 : Western Interests Aim To Flummox Russia ( Mar 03, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20190718 : The more "effective" the sanctions, the closer to war ( Jul 18, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190717 : Merkel Ally Narrowly Elected To Top EU Post, Averting Major Institutional Crisis ( Jul 17, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190717* Oil Is Driving the Iran Crisis by Michael T. Klare ( Jan 11, 2019 , thenation.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190715 : If You Provoke the Entire World, Something May Happen by Andre Vltchek ( Jul 14, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190714 : >What's Really Going On in Hong Kong ( Jul 14, 2019 , original.antiwar.com )
- 20190709 : Pretty Please - - Trump Asked Iran To Allow Him To Bomb It ( Jul 09, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190706* Why is Iran such a high priority for US elite? Because Iran successfully booted out the CIA and CIA-imposed regime out of their country and successfully remained independent since then ( Jul 06, 2019 , www.nakedcapitalism.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190706 : I do think the protest against the Iraq war was a watershed moment, when the protests were simply ignored, and the in your face response by the powers that be. ( Jul 06, 2019 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20190706 : US is a Classic Empire and Is Becoming a Repressive Police State at Home by DAVE LINDORFF ( Jul 05, 2019 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20190706 : Ilargi: Memo to the US The Winds Are Shifting ( Jul 06, 2019 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20190705 : Bolton Isn't Quitting by DANIEL LARISON ( Jul 05, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190705* Globalisation- the rise and fall of an idea that swept the world - World news by Nikil Saval ( Jul 14, 2017 , www.theguardian.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190705* The World Bank and IMF 2019 by Michael Hudson and Bonnie Faulkner ( Jul 05, 2019 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190705 : Who are the arsonists of the petrol tankers in the Gulf, by Manlio Dinucci ( Jun 19, 2019 , www.voltairenet.org )
- 20190704 : 'Credibility' Is Just an Excuse to Launch Attacks ( Jul 04, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190704 : Bush Sr. and his CIA drug dealing ( Jul 04, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190704 : any and all individuals who conspired to defraud the United States into illegal war of aggression should be held accountable to the fullest extent of the law ( Jul 04, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190704 : The role of having world reserve currency in the unleashing the USA militarism ( Jul 04, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190701 : Putin: I hope that sanity will prevail in the end ( Jul 01, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190630 : First Democratic debate Demagogy on social issues, silence on war by Patrick Martin ( Jun 29, 2019 , www.wsws.org )
- 20190630 : Barak and CIA ( Jun 30, 2019 , dissidentvoice.org )
- 20190630 : Aggressive US Lies and Misleads to Justify War on Iran by William Boardman ( Jun 26, 2019 , dissidentvoice.org )
- 20190630 : Mainstream Media Outraged! That US Missiles Are In Unknown Libyan Rebel Hands ( Jun 30, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190630 : The Saker interviews A.B. Abrams about the geostrategic developments in Asia by The Saker ( Jun 30, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190629 : The Forever War Is So Normalized That Opposing It Is Isolationism by Caitlin Johnstone ( Jun 29, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190629 : EU Busts Iran Sanctions. Dollar No Longer Reserve for Oil Trades caucus99percent ( Jun 28, 2019 , caucus99percent.com )
- 20190629* Latest Weapon Of US Imperialism Liquified Natural Gas ( Jun 29, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190628* The Donald's Latest Iranian Caper Sh*t-Faced Stupidity by David Stockman ( Jun 25, 2019 , original.antiwar.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190628 : A war would ensure Trump s reelection or speed up his demise and criminal procecution ( Jun 22, 2019 , peakoilbarrel.com )
- 20190628 : Bolton Gets Ready to Kill New START by Daniel Larison ( Jun 27, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190628 : What we should be talking about is not how to make North Korea disarm, but how to ensure the unconditional security of North Korea and how to make any country, including North Korea feel safe and protected by international law that is strictly honoured by all members of the international community ( Jun 28, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190627 : 2020 Democrats Must Address Our Addiction to Military Spending by Katrina vanden Heuvel ( Jun 25, 2019 , www.thenation.com )
- 20190627 : Trump has filled his White House with CFR Neocon chickenhawks ( Jun 27, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190627 : US sanctions against Iran amount to an act of war ( Jun 27, 2019 , www.wsws.org )
- 20190627* 'The Ugly Americans' From Kermit Roosevelt to John Bolton Iran Al Jazeera ( Jun 27, 2019 , www.aljazeera.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190627 : For a man who did whatever he could to avoid fighting in a war, Bolton certainly seems to love the concept. ( Jun 27, 2019 , viableopposition.blogspot.com )
- 20190627 : What Will It Take to Get Bolton Fired by Daniel Larison ( May 07, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190627 : Thirty years of endless war have created a veritable cult of militarism within the American ruling elite, whose guiding assumption seems to be that wars can be waged without drastic global consequences, including for the United States itself." ( Jun 27, 2019 , www.wsws.org )
- 20190627* The Ongoing Restructuring of the Greater Middle East by C.J. Hopkins ( Jun 27, 2019 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190627 : The Hijacking of American Nationalism ( Jun 27, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190627 : Containment Plan How Trump Can Challenge China s Rising Power ( Jun 27, 2019 , nationalinterest.org )
- 20190627 : No One Believes the President's War Claims Anymore ( Jun 27, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190627 : Aggressive US Lies and Misleads to Justify War on Iran by William Boardman ( Jun 26, 2019 , dissidentvoice.org )
- 20190627 : Immediate spike in oil prices and derivatives market after attack in Iran can unpredictable consequences for the US and world economy ( Jun 27, 2019 , www.wsws.org )
- 20190626 : Let's look at the strategic genius we have dealing with Iran right here. Mike Pompeo, a former Army Captain ( Jun 26, 2019 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20190626 : Arms Dealers and Lobbyists Get Rich as Yemen Burns by Barbara Boland ( Jun 25, 2019 , theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190626 : VIPS Memo to the President Is Pompeo's Iran Agenda the Same As Yours Consortiumnews ( Jun 21, 2019 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20190626* Pompeo is a MIC lobbyist, not a diplomat ( Jun 26, 2019 , www.globaltimes.cn ) [Recommended]
- 20190626 : Cost of potential US war with Iran $250 oil another Afghanistan ( Jun 26, 2019 , www.rt.com )
- 20190625 : Last night was the culmination of two and a half years of incredibly stupid foreign policy by a man who clearly doesn't know what he is doing and us unfit to be the President. ( Jun 25, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190625 : This Administration's handling of Iran is bellicose and stupid by W. James Antle III ( Jun 25, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190625 : This Administration's handling of Iran, as compared to the last, is anything but stupid. ( Jun 25, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190625 : If the reports are true then Trump made an offer to the Iranians: let me bomb a few token sites - heck, I'll even let you nominate them - and then I'll declare victory and we can sit down and talk. ( Jun 25, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190625 : Netanyahu's Iran Dilemma: Getting Trump to Act Without Putting Israel on the Front Line. ( Jun 24, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190625 : Tulsi on Iraq war and Trump administration and some interesting information about Bolton ( Jun 25, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190625* Tucker US came within minutes of war with Iran ( Jun 25, 2019 , www.youtube.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190625 : HARPER: THE REAL COLLATERAL DAMAGE OF A US-IRAN CONFLICT ( Jun 25, 2019 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20190625 : Accelerating Imperial Decline by Patrick Lawrence ( Jun 25, 2019 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20190625 : If you want more understanding of America's decline as a Empire please check out Mike Maloney's Fall of Empires ( Jun 25, 2019 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20190625 : The Logic of Empire demands that the OBOR be interdicted and become subject to Imperial control ( Jun 25, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190625 : Empire and MIC ( Jun 25, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190625 : It is utterly bizarre to hear people who believe Trump is unfit to lead seem disappointed that he isn't taking us to war ( Jun 25, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190625 : The Trump administration's special envoy for Iran, Brian Hook's Message: Trust Us, We're Unreliable ( Jun 25, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190625 : 'Wars not diminishing' Putin's iconic 2007 Munich speech (FULL VIDEO) ( Feb 10, 2017 , www.youtube.com )
- 20190625 : US sanctions violate human rights and international code of conduct, UN expert says ( Jun 25, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190625 : Trump's one hundred percent pure Pinocchio behaviour ( Jun 25, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190625 : By rejecting the JCPOA, the Americans rejected the UN and international law/agreements for the second time in 15 short years ( Jun 25, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190625 : Iran doesn't have to win a shooting war, it only has to buy enough time so that its forces can disrupt oil shipments ( Jun 25, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190625 : If China have read Trumps global energy dominance strategy, they will know it is aimed at them. ( Jun 25, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190624 : Foreign policy triumphs of Trump administration ( Jun 24, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190624 : Beijing Slams Pompeo As Trade Talks Loom He Can No Longer Play Role Of Top US Diplomat ( Jun 24, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190624 : US and Israel want to make Iran defenseless. It is not going to happen ( Jun 24, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190624 : Trump Unleashes On Uber-Hawk Bolton We d Be Fighting The Whole World At One Time ( Jun 24, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190624 : Netanyahu's Iran Dilemma: Getting Trump to Act Without Putting Israel on the Front Line. ( Jun 24, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190624 : Tony Blair was accused of the crime of aggression but the Judges said he could not be prosecuted ( Jun 24, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190624 : The goal of Full Spectrum Dominance as the countertone of US foreign policy ( Jun 24, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190624 : For those interested in the Big Picture behind events leading up to the Hong Kong extradition law impasse, the essay below by longtime Hong Kong columnist Nuri Vittachy gives a detailed sequence ( Jun 24, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190624 : Lula De Silva removal in Brazil was a dirty trick from color revolutions playbook ( Jun 24, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190623 : Are Starvation Sanctions Worse Than Overt Warfare ( Jun 23, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190623 : The 'Extradition Protest' appears to have a startling resemblance to the 'Umbrella Protests' backed by the CIA/NED ( Jun 23, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190623 : Iranian UN envoy condemns unlawful destabilizing measures by US ( Jun 20, 2019 , www.rt.com )
- 20190623 : The Financial War Escalates ( Jun 23, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190623 : Trump has enough rat cunning to know when he s cornered ( Jun 23, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190622 : Putin about the economic war being waged against Russia after the Ukraine Coup in 2014. ( Jun 22, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190622 : Too many of Obama efforts were in sync with Repubs ( Jun 22, 2019 , caucus99percent.com )
- 20190622* A new policy issued by the United States Department of Defense, in conjunction with online platforms like Twitter and Facebook, will automatically enlist you to New Departement of Defence rule: Internet Users Who Call For Attacking Other Countries Will Now Be Enlisted In The Military Automatically ( Jun 22, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20190622* Chuck Schumer 'The American People Deserve A President Who Can More Credibly Justify War With Iran' ( Jun 20, 2019 , politics.theonion.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190622* Bolton Calls For Forceful Iranian Response To Continuing US Aggression ( Jun 22, 2019 , politics.theonion.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190622 : Donald Trump likes to think of himself as a statesman, an author, an A-level negotiator but at heart, he's one thing: an insult comic ( Jun 16, 2019 , www.politico.com )
- 20190622 : I was shocked -- but not surprised -- to see visibly-pained CBS Pentagon flack David Martin on the boob tube this morning. Thank you, Vasili Arkhipov ( Jun 22, 2019 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20190622 : A case of shark calling barracuda a piranha. ( Jun 22, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190622 : What we end up calling "aggression" abroad is often more like resistance to our plans to control a region ( Jun 21, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190622 : US Empire finds itself embroiled in a Hybrid Third World War of its own making in an attempt to recoup and then expand its economic dominance ( Jun 22, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190622* Why a U.S.-Iran War Could End Up Being a Historic Disaster by Doug Bandow ( Jun 22, 2019 , nationalinterest.org ) [Recommended]
- 20190622 : As the available videos illustrate, this is the same crowd on rollpay we are used to witness in the Maidan, on jeans bermudas and t-shirts or bare chest, wearing police helmets and shields, with both, the US and Ukrainian flags waving in the sides and amongst the crowd of "protestors". ( Jun 22, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190622 : The Financial War Escalates ( Jun 22, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190622* Why The Empire Is Failing The Horrid Hubris Of The Albright Doctrine by Doug Bandow ( Jun 18, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190622 : How Madeleine Albright Got the War the U.S. Wanted by Gregory Elich ( May 13, 2019 , www.globalresearch.ca )
- 20190622 : The Myopia of Interventionists by Daniel Lariso ( Feb 22, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190622 : Tucker Carlson Tonight 6-21-19 ( Jun 19, 2019 , www.youtube.com )
- 20190621* America's Confrontation With Iran Goes Deeper Than Trump by Trita Parsi ( Jun 21, 2019 , www.thenation.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190621* Russia accuses U.S. of pushing Iran situation to brink of war RIA - Reuters ( Jun 21, 2019 , www.reuters.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190621 : Guilty or Not, Iran's Fate Is in Trump's Hands ( Jun 21, 2019 , www.strategic-culture.org )
- 20190621 : Washington's Mighty Warriors Draft Dodgers and Scoundrels ( Jun 21, 2019 , www.strategic-culture.org )
- 20190620 : Trump Says DOJ Investigating Whether Obama Tapped His Phone ( Jun 20, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190620 : US gives military assistance to 70% of world dictoris whether they re using their free time to kill thousands of innocent people or to harmonize their rock garden. ( Jun 20, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190620 : The uprising in Hong Kong is regime change-motivated ( Jun 20, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190620 : Washington s Dr. Strangeloves: Is plunging Russia into darkness really a good idea? ( Jun 20, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190620 : Putin Says US Establishment Stops Trump From Improving Ties With Russia And 'Invents Fake News' ( Jun 20, 2019 , www.newsweek.com )
- 20190620 : Using Democratic Institutions to Smash Democratic Aspirations (the Brazil Model) by Vijay Prashad ( Jun 20, 2019 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20190620 : Frustrated Donald Trump 'Chewed Out' Staff for Failed Venezuela Coup, Thought His Officials 'Got Played' Report ( Jun 20, 2019 , www.newsweek.com )
- 20190620 : Brazil under Bolsonaro A Different Form of Hybrid War ( Jun 20, 2019 , www.globalresearch.ca )
- 20190620 : Bias, Lies Videotape Doubts Dog Confirmed Syria Chemical Attacks ( Jun 20, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190620* The Trump-Bolton Duo Is Just Like the Bush-Cheney Duo Warmongers Using Lies to Start Illegal Wars by Prof Rodrigue Tremblay ( Jun 18, 2019 , www.globalresearch.ca ) [Recommended]
- 20190619 : Trump has drained the swamp right into his administration ( Jun 19, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190619 : The Warm War Russiamania at the Boiling Point by Jim Kavanagh ( Apr 02, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20190619* Bias bias the inclination to accuse people of bias by James Thompson ( Jun 19, 2019 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190619 : Trump MIGA bellicosity: the president said a fight would mean "the official end of Iran" ( Jun 19, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190618 : Can the US launch a war without a Secratary of Defence in place? W>ell, they are not exactly planning to defend themselves. ( Jun 18, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190618 : Every empire is a dictatorship. No nation can be a democracy that s either heading an empire, or a vassal-state of one by Eric Zuesse ( Jun 10, 2019 , off-guardian.org )
- 20190618 : Have the neoliberal ruling elite gotten lazy or stupid ( Jun 14, 2019 , caucus99percent.com )
- 20190618 : The people in the USA are as good as anywhere, but only as trained as their culture tells them to be. Perhaps the future holds some spark of brightness for the people. ( Apr 18, 2019 , thesaker.is )
- 20190618 : How to manipulate financial markets by Igor Kuchma ( Jun 18, 2019 , www.asiatimes.com )
- 20190618 : Pompeo plays 'I've Got A Secret" during an interview with Margaret Brennan of CBS Face The Nation, responding to a request for evidence that Iran was behind a Taliban attack on a US convoy in Afghanistan ( Jun 18, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190618 : The American Cult of Bombing and Endless War ( Jun 18, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190617 : Cotton warmongering on Iran is easily explainable by the fact that he is running low of AIPAC dollars again ( Jun 17, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190617 : Averting a Disastrous War with Iran by Daniel Larison ( Jun 17, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190617 : America's Legacy of Regime Change by Stephen Kinzer ( Jun 10, 2019 , www.fff.org )
- 20190615 : Game On Pompeo Blames Iran, Calls Attacks 'Threat to International Peace' ( Jun 15, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190615 : WATCH US economist urges covert violence to provoke war with Iran ( Jun 14, 2019 , off-guardian.org )
- 20190615 : The Bully Who Cried "Iran!" by Daniel Larison ( Jun 13, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190614 : 'Make Russia Prostrate Again' Is the Only Thing US Democrats and Republicans Can Agree on ( Jun 14, 2019 , www.strategic-culture.org )
- 20190613 : Congress Investigates the Iran Hawks' Creepy Smear Campaign by Daniel Larison ( Jun 13, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190612 : Trump Threatens Merkel With Pipeline Sanctions, US Troop Cut by Josh Wingrove ( Jun 12, 2019 , www.bloomberg.com )
- 20190612 : The Self-Destructive Trajectory Of Overly Successful Empires ( Jun 12, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190611 : How to Hide an Empire: A History of the Greater United States by Daniel Immerwahr ( Feb 19, 2019 , www.amazon.com )
- 20190611 : American Exceptionalism and American Innocence A People's History of Fake News_From the Revolutionary War to the War on Terror ( Jun 11, 2019 , www.amazon.com )
- 20190610 : This Outlaw Power by Christopher Black ( off-guardian.org )
- 20190610 : Pompeo s promise to intervene against Corbyn should surprise no one by Catte Black ( Jun 10, 2019 , off-guardian.org )
- 20190609 : Trump's Venezuela Hallucination The American Conservative ( Jun 09, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190609* The looming 100-year US-China conflict by Martin Wolf ( Jun 04, 2019 , archive.fo ) [Recommended]
- 20190608 : Meadows FBI Knew Within 60 Days That Russia Probe Built On A Foundation Of Sand ( Jun 08, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190608 : Sanders burns Bill Kristol over 'foolish' pushing for Iraq war, asks where his apology is ( May 28, 2019 , www.rt.com )
- 20190608 : Judging by the comment thread, US Navy propaganda crew is hard at work ( Jun 08, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190605 : Trumpies should bear in mind that Gallagher's own fellow Seals testified against him that's how depraved this guy Trump is pardoning is. ( May 21, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190605* Do Spies Run the World by Israel Shamir ( May 22, 2019 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190603 : MH17 attribution to Russia now looks like a classic false flag operation by Western intelligence services ( Jun 03, 2019 , caucus99percent.com )
- 20190603 : Bolton Brazenly Lies About Iran Again by DANIEL LARISON ( May 29, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190601 : PATRICK LAWRENCE- The US-China Decoupling by Patrick Lawrence ( Jun 01, 2019 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20190529 : No, Mr. President- China didn't steal our jobs. Corporate America gave them away by Cody Cain ( May 28, 2019 , www.informationclearinghouse.info )
- 20190528 : US Government Seeks NGO Help For Removing Iran From Syria ( May 28, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190528* Any time you read an article (or a comment) on Russia, substitute the word Jew for Russian and International Jewry for Russia and re-read. ( May 28, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190528 : Pompeo redefined Trumpism as Neoconservatism hijacking Made America great again slogan for the push for regime change in other countries> by William S. Smith ( May 28, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190527 : The Pathology of John Bolton by Joe Lauria ( May 23, 2019 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20190525* The Belligerence Of Empire by Kenn Orphan ( May 23, 2019 , www.counterpunch.org ) [Recommended]
- 20190524 : The Geography of War No Iraq No iIran! by Brett Redmayne ( May 23, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190523 : Remember Iraq .with visions of WMDs, yellow cake and dancing Israelis in your head ( May 23, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190523 : Look at their prime creation of the new millennium: Barack Obama. ( May 23, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190523 : Why Trump s Huawei Ban Is Unlikely To Persist ( May 23, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190522* On War With Iran, It's Trump Versus the Founding Fathers ( May 22, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190522* NATO has pushed eastward right up to its borders and threatened to incorporate regions that have been part of Russia's sphere of influence -- and its defense perimeter -- for centuries ( May 21, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190522 : Daniel Larison ( May 22, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190521 : 2020 Elections: It's Militarism and the Military Budget Stupid! by Ajamu Baraka ( May 17, 2019 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20190520 : EP.744 Presidential Candidate Mike Gravel -- Joe Biden's Conventional Wisdom is AMERICAN IMPERIALISM! ( May 11, 2019 , www.youtube.com )
- 20190520 : US bullying caprices stain its credibility ( May 20, 2019 , www.xinhuanet.com )
- 20190520* "Us" Versus "Them" ( May 20, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190520 : Venezuela Exposes the Myth of John Bolton's "Genius" by Martin Sieff ( May 20, 2019 , www.strategic-culture.org )
- 20190519 : Lawrence Wilkerson Warns The US Is Driving Down A Highway To War With China ( May 19, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190519 : French researchers have completed their Map of Neoconservative Networks. It's interactive and gives links to each neocon/neocon group. ( May 19, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190519 : The OPCW, Douma, The Skripals ( May 19, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190518 : If Washington were able to control everything, including "Big Prize" Iran, it would be able to dominate all Asian economies, especially China. Trump even said were that to happen, "decisions on the GNP of China will be made in Washington." ( May 18, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190518 : If the Anglo American Europeans are smart they will let that cycle flow without a world war. I do not think they are smart. ( May 18, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190518 : Under the neocon enforced regime of the US militarism winning the competition takes precedence over working together, and diplomacy is reduced to making and enforcing US demands. ( May 18, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190518 : The mentality of a nation founded by people who considered themselves God's Chosen is crippled forever ( May 18, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190518 : Is John Bolton the most dangerous man in the world? by Ben Armbruster ( May 18, 2019 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20190518 : What is the representative of Allmighty Nation doing un Russia? ( May 18, 2019 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20190515 : Geopolitical primacy, not maximum prosperity for Americans, might be the president's true objective ( May 15, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190515 : Tucker vs critic who calls him cheerleader for Russia ( Jul 12, 2017 , www.youtube.com )
- 20190514 : Putin Says Time To Restore Ties After Pompeo, Lavrov Spar On Election Meddling, Venezuela Iran ( May 14, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190514* iJews and the Left-i by Philip Mendes A Review, by Brenton Sanderson - The Unz Review ( May 14, 2019 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190514 : Why Everyone in the U.S. Who Counts Wants Julian Assange Dead naked capitalism ( May 14, 2019 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20190514* Despite a $ 22 Trillion National Debt, America Is on a Military Spending Spree. 800 Overseas US Military Bases by Masud Wadan ( Apr 10, 2019 , www.globalresearch.ca ) [Recommended]
- 20190514 : Transcript Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Face the Nation ( May 05, 2019 , www.cbsnews.com )
- 20190513* Not Just Ukraine; Biden May Have A Serious China Problem As Schweizer Exposes Hunter s $1bn Deal ( May 13, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190513 : Crappy little countries ( Apr 30, 2003 , www.leftbusinessobserver.com )
- 20190513 : It's time for Trump to stop John Bolton and Mike Pompeo from sabotaging his foreign policy Mulshine ( May 12, 2019 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20190513 : John Bolton is the problem ( May 10, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190513 : Something about Bolton past and sexual preferences ( May 13, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190513 : Pompeo is a real piece of work ( May 12, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190512 : Neoconservativsm is a distinct ideology brought into being by U of Chicago professor Leo Strauss and his ex-Trotskyist acolytes. It is American exceptionalism on steroids and its core tenet is that American society needs elite rulers to guide the retarded masses who are too stupid to know what their best interests are. ( May 12, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190511 : From Russiagate to Gunboat Diplomacy by Branko Marcetic ( May 11, 2019 , jacobinmag.com )
- 20190511 : Spygate (aka Russiagate) was a program to entrap and smear Trump as a Putin stooge by top officials in the Obama administration, directly interfering in a presidential election. ( May 11, 2019 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20190511 : Soros is the stanch defender and promoter of neoliberalism. He specializes and excels in using nationalism for destabilization of societies, especially in Soviet and post-Soviet space ( Jul 16, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20190511* Leaked USA s Feb 2018 Plan For A Coup In Venezuela ( May 05, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190511 : Soros and his funds ( Vidrozhnediya ) had extensive ties with Maidan activists and radical nationalists from Svoboda ( Jul 16, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20190511 : Report How Fusion GPS and the Obama Administration Weaponized the Trump Dossier by Kristina Wong ( Dec 24, 2017 , www.breitbart.com )
- 20190510* Biden is up to neck in Spygate dirt by Jeff Carlson ( May 02, 2019 , www.theepochtimes.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190510 : The key role of British intelligence in Spydate (aka Russiagate) ( May 03, 2019 , www.theepochtimes.com )
- 20190510* Obama administration raced to obtain FICA warrant on Carter Page before Rogers investigation closes on them and that was definitely an obstruction of justice and interference with the ongoing investigation ( May 03, 2019 , www.theepochtimes.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190510* What was the meaning of the term "insurance policy" in Stzok messages to Lisa Page ( May 03, 2019 , www.theepochtimes.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190510* The Battle Between Rosenstein and McCabe ( May 03, 2019 , www.theepochtimes.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190510 : In some respects, the neoliberal MSMs has played the most disingenuous of roles is Spygate (aka Russiagate) ( May 03, 2019 , www.theepochtimes.com )
- 20190510 : The role of Obama administration in spygate (aka Russiagate) ( May 03, 2019 , www.theepochtimes.com )
- 20190509 : Economic Might As A Foreign Policy Tool ( May 09, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190508* Obama Spied on Other Republicans and Democrats As Well by Larry C Johnson ( May 08, 2019 , turcopolier.typepad.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190508 : Reporter INSIDE Venezuelan Embassy Under Siege! w/Anya Parampil ( May 08, 2019 , www.youtube.com )
- 20190507 : Venezuela and Binary Choice - Craig Murray ( May 07, 2019 , craigmurray.org.uk )
- 20190505 : Another Jolly Little War by Eric Margolis ( May 05, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190505* The Left Needs to Stop Crushing on the Generals by Danny Sjursen ( May 03, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190505 : The US is going to sanction itself into obscurity ( May 05, 2019 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20190505 : The Old Political Order Is Just Old ( May 05, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190505 : James Petras ( Apr 29, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190505 : Viva to another jolly little war by Eric Margolis ( May 05, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190505 : The Establishment clowns Bolton, Pence and Pompeo will keep Trump on track in proving the the USA is lawless brutal empire ( May 05, 2019 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20190504 : America's Global Financial War Is Escalating ( May 04, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190504 : China's Belt and Road Initiative: A Shift in the Geopolitical Balance of Power ( May 04, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190504 : The art of provocation and Sacral victims of Maidan ( Feb 21, 2015 , vesti-ukr.com )
- 20190504 : Pompeo and Pemce chistianity is a joke ( May 04, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190504 : That nonsense about a plane waiting to shuffle him off to Cuba was complete American lie. ( May 04, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190504 : Venezuela - Forensics Of A Clownish Coup ( May 04, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190503 : Sanctions are just a tool in preparation for the war ( May 03, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190503 : Trump lost anti-war right. Forever. ( May 03, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190503 : Trish Regan Obama's intel ops may have been weaponized ( May 03, 2019 , www.youtube.com )
- 20190503 : Tucker Carlson Takes On Venezuela Intervention by Brad Griffin ( May 03, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190503* Former high-ranking FBI officials on Andrew McCabe's alarming admissions ( Feb 18, 2019 , www.youtube.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190503* Andrew McCabe played the key role in the appointment of the special prosecutor ( Mar 02, 2019 , www.youtube.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190503 : Obama Slammed Clinton's Scripted, Soulless Campaign For Loss To Cartoon Character Trump ( May 03, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190503 : The Obama administration for more than four years before the 2016 election allowed four contractors working for the FBI to illegally surveil American citizens ( May 01, 2019 , www.realclearpolitics.com )
- 20190503 : Tucker Carlson: Before The Bombers Take Off, Let's Ask A Few Questions About Venezuela ( May 02, 2019 , www.realclearpolitics.com )
- 20190501 : It is not amazing. That's about intelligence agencies control, nothing else. ( May 01, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190501 : India and Europe stopped buying iranian oil. 1 billion $ of iranian oil stays blocked in China, no one wants to touch it. Even Khamenei admitted that Europe left the JCPOA in practise. ( May 01, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190501 : Does Juan Guaido realize what comes next ( May 01, 2019 , caucus99percent.com )
- 20190501 : War with Venezuela Is Unnecessary, Illegal, and Wrong by Daniel Larison ( May 01, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190501 : Bay of piglets ( May 01, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190501 : It seems Guaido and even L pez were used as pawns in this scheme by US intelligence ( May 01, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190501 : Is the time for Washington-sponsored snipers on roooftops near? ( May 01, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190501 : On Venezuela, America Should Check Its Regime Change Impulses at the Door ( May 01, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190501 : Random Guyaid 's New Coup Attempt Turns Out to Be A Dangerous Joke ( May 01, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190501 : Are we seeing the end of Pompeo and Bolton approaching after the humiliating failure of the latest coup d tat? ( May 01, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190501 : Hope everyone saw Blitzer's interview with Pompeo! Pompeo stated that Maduro was getting ready to leave for Cuba; as in FLEE!, ( May 01, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190430 : What's Driving Bolton's Attacks on the "Troika of Tyranny"? by John Feffer ( Apr 30, 2019 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20190430 : Is Auntie Gina just the titular head of Al-CIA? ( Apr 30, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190429* The Mueller Report Indicts the Trump-Russia Conspiracy Theory by Aaron Maté ( Mar 26, 2019 , outline.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190429 : 'Hard to imagine' how global market will react when US waivers on Iran oil expire Putin ( Apr 29, 2019 , www.rt.com )
- 20190428 : US Sanctions Got India to Ditch Iran, Will Washington Get It to Ditch Russia Too - Global ResearchGlobal Research - Centre for by Andrew Korybko ( Apr 24, 2019 , www.globalresearch.ca )
- 20190428 : Rand think tank study suggest that the USA should flood the world with oil in order to overextend and unbalance Russia ( Apr 28, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190428 : The Real Men Go to Tehran delusion ( Apr 28, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190428 : T>he latest "offer you can't refuse" conveyed by a gangster posing as diplomat, Consul Minimus Mike Pompeo, now essentially orders the whole planet to submit to the one and only arbiter of world trade: Washington by Pepe Escobar ( Apr 28, 2019 , www.globalresearch.ca )
- 20190428 : Many Americans agree the US empire needs to collapse as have all the prior ones. ( Apr 28, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190428 : NYC subway system as a sign of deterioration of the USA as economic power ( Apr 28, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190428 : The top five special interests groups and institutions that seek to benefit from a coup in Venezuela ( Apr 28, 2019 , failedevolution.blogspot.com )
- 20190427 : Beijing and Moscow share one very big objective: resist US dominance ( Apr 27, 2019 , nationalinterest.org )
- 20190427 : A surprisingly crude expression by Huntsman is in fact typical for Trump administration rhetoric with its "Might makes right" mentality of old imperialists ( Apr 27, 2019 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20190426 : How the Obama White House engaged Ukraine to give Russia collusion narrative an early boost by John Solomon ( Apr 26, 2019 , thehill.com )
- 20190426 : Immigrant neocon class ( Apr 26, 2019 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20190426 : Do those neocons in Trump administration see massive depression coming and ant to solve is with a new war? ( Apr 26, 2019 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20190425 : Poroshenko as a proof the Obama was right wing politician, a neocon disguised as a democrat (or CIA-democrat in short) ( Apr 25, 2019 , angrybearblog.com )
- 20190424 : Economic Sanctions - How Washington Attempts to Control the World ( Jan 07, 2019 , viableopposition.blogspot.com )
- 20190424 : Viable Opposition ( Apr 24, 2019 , viableopposition.blogspot.com )
- 20190424 : Obama bait and switch maneuver ( Apr 24, 2019 , crookedtimber.org )
- 20190424 : The Bully Foursome--Bolton, Pompeo, Pence, and Trump--seem to believe they can get Iran to submit where all other previous efforts have failed. Instead, their bullying tactics and gifts to Zionistan generated blowback that's enlarging the Arc of Resistance, while alienating Europe ( Apr 24, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190424 : Libya has lost their country to terrorist thugs, their infrastructure has been destroyed, their wealth has been stolen and continues to be stolen. They have had one million Libyans killed. ( Apr 24, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190424 : It's complete fiction that the US is going after Venezuelan oil so as to confront Iran. ( Apr 24, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190424 : Mike Pompeo and Julian Assange - Sealing the Fate of WikiLeaks ( Apr 24, 2019 , viableopposition.blogspot.com )
- 20190424 : Which is the Greater Threat - Russia or the United States ( Apr 24, 2019 , viableopposition.blogspot.com )
- 20190424 : Bolton works for CIA. ( Apr 24, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190424 : Pompeo Finally Tells The Truth 'We Lie, We Cheat, We Steal' ( Apr 24, 2019 , www.youtube.com )
- 20190423 : Groupthink at the CIA by Philip Giraldi ( Aug 01, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20190423 : Mapping The Countries With The Most Oil Reserves ( Apr 23, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190422 : Are US neocons "the possessed" ? ( Apr 22, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190422 : Our Iran Policy Is Run By Fanatics ( Apr 22, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190422 : Trump has been placed in office for purposes of churn for markets because of the deflationary pressures brought about from uncertainty on the finance side of America's balance sheets finance ledgers. ( Apr 22, 2019 , kunstler.com )
- 20190422 : Brzezinski s Warning to America by Mike Whitney ( Apr 22, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190421 : The US Deserves Its Own Nuremberg Trials ( Mar 23, 2019 , www.truthdig.com )
- 20190421* Psywar: Propaganda during Iraq war and beyond ( Apr 21, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20190421 : Washington Post's Max Boot Has No Clue What a Neocon Is ( Apr 21, 2019 , splinternews.com )
- 20190421* Deciphering Trumps Foreign Policy by Oscar Silva-Valladares ( Oct 28, 2017 , ronpaulinstitute.org ) [Recommended]
- 20190421* Whenever someone inconveniences the neoliberal oligarchy, the entire neoliberal MSM mafia tells us 24 x7 how evil and disgusting that person is. It's true of the leader of every nation which rejects neoliberal globalization as well as for WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange ( Apr 21, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190420 : The assumption of Russia meddling in our election is a simple case of projection. ( Apr 20, 2019 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20190420 : Here is an interesting interpretation of Trumps selection of cabinet and advisor positions ( Nov 20, 2016 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20190420 : The US doesn't seem to have the ability to see ourselves as others see us. This explains why we don't understand why other countries/peoples react badly towards us. ( Apr 20, 2019 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20190419 : A child could see through the fake "chemical attack" supposedly launched by Bashar al-Assad just as his troops defeated the jihadists and Trump said he wanted out of Syria ( Jan 19, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190419 : Raimondo: So Trump is not just stupid, and crazy he is also a coward. ( Jan 18, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190419 : Jimmy Carter: US 'Most Warlike Nation in History of the World' by Brett Wilkins ( Apr 19, 2019 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20190419 : Haftar's LNA has won this war, though many battles will be fought ahead, the LNA has brought a very united support from Egypt, KSA and UAE and with that it brings France, Russia and now the US in supporting it, either as opportunistic, individual agenda or simply to speed up the peaceful process. ( Apr 19, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190419 : Why Russiagate Will Never Go Away by Rob Urie ( Apr 19, 2019 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20190419 : The US doesn't seem to have the ability to see ourselves as others see us. This explains why we don't understand why other countries/peoples react badly towards us. ( Apr 19, 2019 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20190419 : Yesterday's Country by Fred Reed ( Apr 19, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190419 : Pompeo Appoints Fox News Neocon as Spokesperson by Kurt Nimmo ( Apr 04, 2019 , ronpaulinstitute.org )
- 20190418 : It seems highly reasonable to conclude the NY Times item has blown away any remaining truthfulness to the Skripal Saga and the entire Saga ( Apr 18, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190418 : Ask yourself "Is this creature sane or rational?" ( Apr 18, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190418 : The result of Yeltsin neoliberal mafia rule was the largest after 1941-1945 kill off of Russians in modern history: Yeltsin plus Harvard Business School being responsible for many more deaths than even the intoxicated propagandist Robert Conquest ever dreamed of. ( Apr 18, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190418 : What will happen once Nord Stream II is finished? Where is Europe heading next, especially in its relationship with the USA and Russia? ( Apr 18, 2019 , thesaker.is )
- 20190418 : Is the USS Ship of Fools Taking on Water ( Apr 18, 2019 , thesaker.is )
- 20190418 : OSCE observers released their preliminary report on the results of the first round of the presidential election ( Apr 18, 2019 , thesaker.is )
- 20190418 : The USA Ukrainian endgame is to carve another Poland from the Russian population, as a means to weaken the Russian State ( Apr 18, 2019 , thesaker.is )
- 20190418 : The Saker interviews Dmitry Orlov ( Apr 18, 2019 , thesaker.is )
- 20190418 : The Ukrainian State Investigation Bureau launched a criminal case on "the intentional surrender" of Crimea against Verkhovna Rada Speaker Andrei Paruby, Secretary of the Ukrainian Council of National Security and Defense Alexander Turchinov, former Prime Minister Arseny Yatsenyuk and others ( Apr 18, 2019 , thesaker.is )
- 20190418 : The problem with the west is not so much cultural as it is economic the west is a giant Ponzi scheme that must ultimately collapse as all 'financialized' economies have collapsed since the beginning of money as any careful reader of Michael Hudson can tell you ( Apr 18, 2019 , thesaker.is )
- 20190417 : Gina Haspel As If Nuremberg Never Happened ( Mar 19, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190417* The media's interest in the well-being of a foreign population is directly proportional to the West's interest in toppling its government, while editorial standards are inversely proportional to its enemy status ( Apr 17, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20190416 : Is The US Losing Influence In The World's Biggest Oil Region ( Apr 16, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190416 : Putin, Xi, Assad, Maduro vs. the American Hegemon ( Apr 15, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190416 : Defending The Revolution a short film about the People's Militia in Venezuela. Not gonna be easy. ( Apr 16, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190416 : Wall Street and MIC prostitutes are very nicely paid ( Apr 16, 2019 , caucus99percent.com )
- 20190416* The incompetent, the corrupt, the treacherous -- not just walking free, but with reputations intact, fat bank balances, and flourishing careers. Now they re angling for war with Iran. ( Apr 15, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190416* CIA Director Used Fake Skripal Incident Photos To Manipulate Trump ( Apr 16, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20190416 : Pompeo Has Lost His Mind - China Hits Back At Latin America Remarks ( Apr 15, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190416 : A country with 4% of the world's population, while consuming at one point 40% of the resources, is certainly not going to go gently from its perch. ( Apr 16, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190415 : Max Blumenthal The Management of Savagery ( Apr 15, 2019 , jessescrossroadscafe.blogspot.com )
- 20190415 : Iraq Wrecked Me for Nothing The American Conservative ( Apr 15, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190415 : The Absurdity of Our Regime Change Policy in Venezuela ( Apr 15, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190415 : With the situation stalled the US is ramping up talk of a military attack on Venezuela to create psychological pressure ( Apr 15, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190415 : Canada To Russia Meddling Is Okay If It Destabilizes You But Not The Other Way Around ( Apr 15, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190415 : The Elite prosper from war that is why there has been continual war and slaughter on their behalf ( Apr 15, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190415 : Neoliberal globalization is under sieve, countries that refuse to unconditionally open markts to transnationals and be vassal of Washington are now labeled as authoritarian ( Apr 15, 2019 , www.bloomberg.com )
- 20190414 : If you think Trump is spineless towards Israel, wait until Israel's next choice for POTUS, Nutty Nikky Haley steals the WH ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20190414 : Russia remains an obstacle for Trump goal of colonizing Venezuela ( Apr 14, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190414 : Robert Kaplan Writes In Defense Of Slavery ( Mar 21, 2014 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190414 : Neocons vs Jews ( Mar 10, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20190414 : On support of Trump administration of Isreal expansionism and colonization of captured from Arabs territories: From the point of view of UN law the state of Israel is an outlaw ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20190414 : Feeding the Monster, by Philip Giraldi ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20190414 : The Complete Unexpurgated AIPAC Tape from 1993 ( Jul 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20190414 : Ethno-Centrism Myths and Mania by James Petras ( Apr 17, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20190414 : Can all post-WWII US presidents to be considered as war criminals by Nuremberg court standard ? ( Apr 14, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190414 : Edward Snowden: Surveillance Is About Power ( Apr 14, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190414 : Commentary of Trump decision to move embassy to J ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20190413 : How about a paedophile UK Prime Minister never investigated ? ( Apr 13, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190413 : Foreigners about Russia ( Apr 13, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190413 : Seriously. In these past 8 years, I've met so many wealthy, well educated, amazing [Russian] people who have to jump through so many hoops and sacrifice so much for the mere chance of a USA tourist visa. If you only knew ( Apr 13, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190413* America as a Myth of good life is a powerful tool of color revolutions ( Apr 13, 2019 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190413 : The appearance of Israeli weapons in the hands of avowed neo-Nazis ( Apr 13, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190413 : Pompeo repeats Gene Sharp recipes: China, Russia Spread Disorder And Corruption In Latin America ( Apr 13, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190413 : Something about foreign travel ( Apr 13, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190413 : The presstituting crowd of stenographers (MSM) and the zionized X-tian war profiteers have made everything in their power (inadvertently) to ensure that Assange is and will be a towering figure of our time ( Apr 13, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190413 : China, Russia Spread Disorder And Corruption In Latin America Pompeo ( Apr 13, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190413 : Russia Warns New World Order Being Formed ( Apr 13, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190413 : The danger of immersing in a foreign culture ( Apr 13, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190413 : Due to americal excaptionalism the USA> is a deeply delusional society held together by a deeply delusional government ( Apr 13, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190413 : Trump Puts America Last by Daniel Larison ( Mar 20, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190413 : Trump and Assange ( Apr 13, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190413 : "We support peoples of all countries in independently choosing their development paths that cater to their national conditions. We never interfere in other countries' internal affairs, nor do we impose anything on other countries," Ma added. ( Apr 13, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190413 : Russiagate in three minutes ( Apr 13, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190412 : Trump Panders to His Base at the Republican Jewish Coalition ( Apr 12, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190412 : MAGA was always MIGA in disguise ( Apr 12, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190412 : By all means, do not vote for Trump ever again ( Apr 12, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190412 : Tulsi might get a considerable part of nationalists voters who previously voted for Trump ( Apr 12, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190412 : Gabbard on Assange arrest ( Apr 12, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190412 : Did Max Boot and Commentary Magazine Lie About Edward Snowden You Decide by Glenn Greenwald ( Jun 05, 2015 , theintercept.com )
- 20190412 : The "non-diplomatic" scandal characteristic for our times of lawless deciders ( Apr 12, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190412 : It appears Assange was able to trigger the kill switch. There's been a massive data dump at Wikileaks ( Apr 12, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190412 : A rare breed of individuals who surfaced during Russiagate: individuals with a remarkable capacity of swallowing a large pile of BS. ( Apr 12, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190412 : John Bolton Took Money From Clinton Foundation Donor, Banks Tied To Cartels, Terrorists, Iran by William Craddick ( Apr 10, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190411 : The dubious products of the glorified diploma mills we call "higher education" are often the most gullible and dim-witted ( Apr 11, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190411 : A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. ( Apr 11, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190410 : It has been quite an adventure watching the MAGA man transition into the MIGA man. ( Apr 10, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190409 : People like Elliott Abrams are seldom kept around after the goals are won, though too much danger they might develop loose lips. So, often, something happens to them. In this case, it couldn t happen to a righter guy. ( Apr 09, 2019 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20190409 : Launched under the pretext of a UN resolution authorizing the imposition of a no-fly zone over Libya to halt the supposed (but non-existent) threat of a massacre in the eastern city of Benghazi, the war saw money and arms poured into Islamist militias and lavished on Al Qaeda operatives, who were backed by a relentless bombing campaign, which included nearly 30,000 sorties in the course of seven months. ( Apr 09, 2019 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20190409* The ruthless neo-colonialists of 21st century ( Apr 09, 2019 , failedevolution.blogspot.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190409 : Maduro government policy protecting Guaido's car in Caracas from being lunched by the mob. ( Apr 09, 2019 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20190409 : Mark Bruzonsky explains how Obama sold out to the AIPAC lobby, and how President Obama would never dare oppose the stronghold of the Zionist, Israeli Lobby in the US. ( Apr 09, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190409 : Should not McAuliffe be tried for treason? ( Apr 09, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190409 : Russians halt search for intelligent life in Washington by Bryan Hemming ( Apr 08, 2019 , off-guardian.org )
- 20190409 : Trump had 4 bankruptcies and we let him run US economy ! ( Apr 09, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190408 : Roosevelt Conspired to Start World War II in Europe by John Wear ( Jan 26, 2019 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20190408 : US "defense" strategy looks more like Queen Victoria's with not a wink toward contemporary reality. ( Apr 08, 2019 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20190408 : Zionism, Crypto-Judaism, and the Biblical Hoax by Laurent Guyénot ( Apr 08, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190408 : New Russia Penalties Face `Sanctions Fatigue' in U.S. Congress - Bloomberg ( Apr 08, 2019 , www.bloomberg.com )
- 20190408 : Opinion Russians Always Knew There Was No Collusion ( Apr 08, 2019 , www.nytimes.com )
- 20190408 : I know many people have a great deal of difficulty comprehending just how many wars are started for no other purpose than to force private central banks onto nations ( Apr 08, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190408 : 7 years after the US - led by Obama, Hillary @SamanthaJPower - bombed Libya in the name of "humanitarianism" along with the UK France then utterly ignored it, the country is so violent, unstable dangerous that US troops can no longer safely remain ( Apr 08, 2019 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20190408 : The Delphic Oracle Was Their Davos, by Michael Hudson and John Siman - The Unz Review ( Apr 08, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190407 : What Monroe Doctrine ( Apr 07, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190407 : Was Ending The Draft A Grave Mistake Zero Hedge ( Apr 07, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190406* The Magnitsky Act-Behind the Scenes ASEEES ( Apr 06, 2019 , www.aseees.org ) [Recommended]
- 20190406 : Despicable warmonger Max Boot is FullOfSchiff ( Apr 06, 2019 , www.breitbart.com )
- 20190406 : The US guy was treated in Iranian hospital. When it came time to use his health care plan to pay the bill, he learned the claim was refused because such transaction would violate US economic sanctions! ( Apr 06, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190404* How Brzezinski's Chessboard degenerated into Brennan's Russophobia by Mike Whitney ( Apr 04, 2019 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190404 : People are never so completely and enthusiastically evil as when they act out of religious conviction. ( Apr 04, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190404 : A>bsolutely matter of fact record about the 1932/1933 famine on the website of the Russian Embassy in Germany. ( Apr 04, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190404 : It seems NATO was never about the principle of defending free nations from the Soviets. It was about imposing US hegemony on Europe. ( Apr 04, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190404* Was John Brennan The Russia Lie Ringleader ( Apr 04, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190404 : In this interview Cenk asks Tulsi directly if she opposes the Isreal Occupation, she says ( Apr 04, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190404 : If one recognizes that Brzezinski's "The Grand Chessboard, American Primacy Its Geostrategic Imperatives (1997)" in replacing "Lebensraum" with "control over Eurasia", "Tausendj hriges Reich" with "American Primacy" ( Apr 04, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190404 : Both Egypt and Israel claim the other side started it. Israel lied. ( Apr 04, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190404 : Anybody reading from West Virginia? Our Senator Joe Manchin receives six figures of donations from AIPAC. Don't vote for him. ( Apr 04, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190404 : Jewish Power Rolls Over Washington by Philip Giraldi ( Apr 02, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190404 : Excessive loyalty to Israel contradicts and undermines the loyalty to the United States ( Apr 04, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190404 : Does the support of other state qualifies for a person to be considered a potential element of the 5th column ( Apr 04, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190404 : Anti-Kahanism is not Anti-Semitism' ( Apr 04, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190404 : Israel connections to the US MIC ( Apr 04, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190404 : Pollard tried to get asylum in the Israeli embassy in Washington DC, but was refused entry. His Israeli handlers in Washington DC all fled the US within 24 hours after his arrest ( Apr 04, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190404 : If we assume that in fact Israel is an agent selected by God, it should be the leading actor of responsible behavior. I rest my case. ( Apr 04, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190404 : 'Anti-Semitic theory' promulgates the false notion that those of us (non-Jews) who reject Zionism are spiritually deformed, mentally ill, or prone to irrational acts of physical violence. This is a calculated libel. ( Apr 04, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190404 : Zionist elite in the USA consist mainly of greedy and unscrupulous bottomfeeders ( Apr 04, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190404 : Where creation of nukes by Israel the US government approved policy ? ( Apr 04, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190404 : Media Blackout as Israel's Largest Banks Pay over $1 Billion in Fines for US Tax Evasion Schemes ( Apr 04, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190404 : We will provide you no more American military to get slaughtered or maimed for life in the process of "neutralizing" all your alleged existential threats in the Middle East. And of course, as we both know, that includes all of your neighbors in the region. ( Apr 04, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190404 : As Merkel is the USA stooge, and Germany needs to be freed from the USA vassalitete, and re-installed as an independent country; Putin should do is set up a "Free" German government in K nigsburg just like the US is doing with Gaido in Venezuela. ( Apr 04, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190404 : But current American elites have no concept of own actions having consequences ( Apr 04, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190404 : I think you should distinguish between the deep state and the elite. The former are primarily concerned with US primacy. The elite are economic internationalists and focused on profit. ( Apr 04, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190404 : Neoliberals are no Christians ( Apr 04, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190404 : I hate the Washington doublespeak about "rules-based international order." ( Apr 04, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190404 : How much of the present-day US economy is even real i.e., results in the production of actual goods that people might want, as opposed to dodgy financial/insurance transactions which may add a lot of dollar value to GDP, but don't create anything real that enhances the quality of life for the masses? ( Apr 04, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190404 : Finance Capitalism came out of London and hopped to America, especially post WW2. ( Apr 04, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190403 : The population of Russia after WW I was an estimated 120 million. By 1979, the population rose to 137.6 million. ( Apr 03, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190403 : There is no democracy in US. There is just a civil war between two dysfunctional and corrupt to the core parties ( Feb 11, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190403* Suspected of Corruption at Home, Powerful Foreigners Find Refuge in the US ( Apr 03, 2019 , www.propublica.org ) [Recommended]
- 20190402 : Poroshenko was just a US marionette which helped to loot the country and impoverish Ukrainian people ( Apr 02, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190402 : On The Incorrigible Hypocrisy Of The Conservative Neocons ( Apr 02, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190402 : Were Bill Clinton and Obama CIA assets at some point of their careers? ( Apr 02, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190402 : Is/was Trump a drug addict? ( Apr 02, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190402 : Guaido Set to Enact Uprising Rooted in US Regime-Change Operations Manual ( Apr 02, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190402 : Juan Guaid Confesses Being Behind the Sabotage of Venezuela's Electric System ( Apr 02, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190402 : Mr Cohen and I Live on Different Planets ( Apr 02, 2019 , www.amazon.com )
- 20190402* 'Yats' Is No Longer the Guy by Robert Parry ( Apr 11, 2016 , consortiumnews.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190402 : There will be backlash against the fascists in Brazil, and the right wing leaderships in governments elsewhere in Latin America that the US has maneuvered into place as these leaders fail to deliver material gains to their populations. And fail they will considering we are in late-stage neoliberalism ( Apr 02, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190401 : No Reds Under Our Beds After All by Eric Margolis ( Apr 01, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190331* Because of the immediate arrival of the Russia collusion theory, neither MSM honchos nor any US politician ever had to look into the camera and say, I guess people hated us so much they were even willing to vote for Donald Trump ( Mar 31, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20190331 : Israel is running America into the ground, wrecking Europe and trying to start a war with Russia ( Mar 31, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190331 : New Middle East Alliance Shakes World Powers ( Mar 31, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190331* Guaido Set To Enact Uprising Rooted In US Regime-Change Operations Manual ( Mar 31, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190331 : Putin To Trump Mind Your Own Business On Venezuela; Russian Troops Will Stay As Long As Needed ( Mar 31, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190331 : Trump and GOP Allies Want Investigation of Mueller Probe s Roots ( Mar 25, 2019 , www.bloomberg.com )
- 20190331 : Without police presence, the Yankee puppet would in all likelihood end up lynched and hanging from lamppost. ( Mar 31, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190331 : Bacevich on despicable propagandist of Iraq war, chichenhawk Robert Kogan by Andrew J. Bacevich ( Mar 29, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190331 : All I can see in Russigate is that two faction of the US elite seem to be fighting amongst themselves. With Russigate (IMO) providing cover for this power struggle ( Mar 31, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190331 : Seems to me what that BigLie's of Us propaganda is this tale: Relations with Russia during the post-USSR age were going along swell until Russia began involved in the Venezuelan Crisis. ( Mar 31, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190331* What is the purpose of Russiagate hysteria? ( Mar 31, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20190330* The US desperately needs Venezuelan oil ( Mar 30, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20190330* You don't like Trump? Bolton? Clinton? All of these people who are in or have passed through leadership positions in America are entirely valid representatives of Americans in general. You may imagine they are faking cluelessness to avoid acknowledging responsibility for their crimes, but the cluelessness is quite real and extends to the entire population. ( Mar 30, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20190330 : Bacevich on despicable propagandist of Iraq war, chichenhawk Robert Kogan by Andrew J. Bacevich ( Mar 29, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190329 : Initial hopes on Trump attacking neoliberalism proved to be illusions. He is a Republican Obama by Paul Craig Roberts ( Mar 04, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190329 : Stay Out Of Western Hemisphere! Bolton Warns Russia Over Troops In Venezuela ( Mar 29, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190329 : Is a War With Iran on the Horizon by Bob Dreyfuss ( Mar 10, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190329 : Escobar Empire Of Chaos In Hybrid War Overdrive ( Mar 29, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190329* I challenge anyone to find anything done by congress or Trump that was done for average Americans ( Feb 26, 2019 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190329 : SEC type full disclosure prospectus required of candidates could be useful, who to enforce this after those guys get to power is unclear ( Feb 27, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190329 : America is a banana republic! FBI chief agrees with CIA on Russia alleged election help for Trump ( www.sott.net )
- 20190329 : Early troubling sign of Trump: most individuals Trump is considering for his administration, including those already picked have a deep-seated obsession with Iran ( www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190329 : Donald Trump just another say-anything-to-get-elected phony by Chuck Baldwin ( Nov 17, 2016 , www.newswithviews.com )
- 20190329 : Nickolas Kristof again demonstrates the level of neocons panic and his MIC lobbyist credentials by Nicholas Kristof ( Dec 12, 2017 , nytimes.com )
- 20190329 : America is a banana republic! FBI chief agrees with CIA on Russia alleged election help for Trump ( www.sott.net )
- 20190328 : Trump Golan Hights gambit: the Western case on South Ossetia, Abkhazia, Karabakh, Transdnestr and, of course, Crimea goes down in flames. ( Mar 28, 2019 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20190328 : On to Caracas and Tehran! by Pat Buchanan ( Feb 22, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190327 : Trump s recognition of the Golan Heights marks the total capture of US policymaking in the Middle East by pro-Israel right ( Mar 27, 2019 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20190326 : I am impressed by the sheer silliness of Russiagate and the tenacious ignorance of those who still believe the corporate media. ( Mar 26, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190326 : Netanyahu is not the Disease, he is a Symptom, by Gilad Atzmon ( Mar 26, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190325 : Bush lied, people died, Obama lied people died, Trump lied people died. What changed? ( Mar 25, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190325* Spygate The True Story of Collusion (plus Infographic) by Jeff Carlson ( Oct 12, 2018 , www.theepochtimes.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190325* Nuland role in Russiagate ( Mar 25, 2019 , www.theepochtimes.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190325 : Ari Fleischer Lied, and People Died by Scott Ritter ( Mar 22, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190325 : I've been thinking a lot lately about the collapse of the Empire - who/what survives and who/what doesn't. ( Mar 25, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190324 : Mueller-D mmerung by C.J. Hopkins ( Mar 24, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190324 : One of warnings delivered by Ryabkov is understood to have been that no American military intervention in Venezuela will be tolerated by Moscow. ( Mar 24, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190324 : Taibbi It s Official - Russiagate Is This Generation s WMD ( Mar 24, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190324* The accountability that must follow Mueller's report ( Mar 24, 2019 , turcopolier.typepad.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190324* "Russia Gate" investigation was a color revolution agaist Trump. But a strnge side effect was that Clintons have managed to raise a vicious, loud mouthed thug to the status of some kind of martyr. ( Mar 24, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20190324* With RussiaGate Over Where's Hillary ( Mar 24, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190323 : Killing for Credibility A Look Back at the 1999 NATO Air War on Serbia by Brett Wilkins ( Mar 23, 2019 , original.antiwar.com )
- 20190322 : I wonder what Mr. Kagan has to say now about authoritarian regimes?! ( Mar 22, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190322 : Mobsters have better morale that the Democratic establishment ( Mar 22, 2019 , twitter.com )
- 20190321 : Trump s Terrible Golan Heights Recognition Decision by Daniel Larison ( Mar 21, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190320 : John McCain Associate Provided Dossier to Obama National Security Council Breitbart ( Mar 20, 2019 , www.breitbart.com )
- 20190320 : Venezuela - Journalists Doubt Guaid 's Legitimacy - Regime Change Plans Continue ( Mar 19, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190320 : Merkel is the most servile lackey that the US could wish for ( Mar 20, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190320 : The US wants Brazil to join NATO ( Mar 20, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190320 : The Opportunity Cost of America s Disastrous Foreign Policy by Vlad Sobell ( Mar 18, 2015 , Russia Insider )
- 20190320 : Obama was the first African American who sold out his fellow African Americans to be a president. To big money ( -> www.theguardian.com )
- 20190320 : Bruce Ohr, Liar or Moron by Larry C Johnson ( Mar 20, 2019 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20190320 : Despicable Max Boot does not even have courage to admit his Iraq war warmongering crimes, which are crimes against humanity if we use Nuremberg statute ( Feb 17, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190320 : Wasserman Schultz Proves She's A Sociopath - Lies About Venezuela ( Mar 20, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190320 : The Reaction against pro-Zionist, anti-war forces in the US foreign policy became stronger and involves larger swats fo the US society ( Mar 20, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190320 : AIPAC Is Coming To Town - Again! by Philip Giraldi ( Mar 20, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190319 : Richard Wolff Reveals How Empires End ( Mar 14, 2019 , www.youtube.com )
- 20190319 : Russia and China Are Containing the US to Reshape the World Order by Federico Pieraccini ( Mar 19, 2019 , theduran.com )
- 20190318 : Vesti calls out Pompeo on lying about Russia invading Ukraine by Seraphim Hanisch ( Mar 18, 2019 , theduran.com )
- 20190318 : Tulsi Smashes CNN's Pro War Horribleness ( Mar 18, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190318 : The U.S. Shouldn t Seek New Ideological Confrontations Abroad by Daniel Larison ( Mar 17, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190318 : Something about MadCow or this hilarious video which wasn't meant to be funny ( Dec 09, 2016 , www.unz.com )
- 20190317* Mueller uses the same old false flag scams, just different packaging of his forensics-free findings ( Mar 17, 2019 , consortiumnews.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190317* VIPS- Mueller's Forensics-Free Findings ( Mar 13, 2019 , Consortiumnews ) [Recommended]
- 20190316 : Kept Secret For 17 Years Intel Memo Warned Bush's Iraq Invasion To Create Perfect Storm ( Mar 15, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190316 : Never believe anything until it has been officially denied. it surely is just a coincidence that their blackout occurred at a point in time when a foreign coup attempt was underway, rather than 9 or 6 or 3 months ago. ( Mar 16, 2019 , peakoilbarrel.com )
- 20190315 : Trump Administration, Canada And EU Hit Russia With Fresh Sanctions ( Mar 15, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190315 : Venezuela Facts You Don't Hear from the Mainstream Media ( Mar 15, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190315 : Patriots Turning To #YangGang In Response To Trump, Conservatism Inc. Failure by James Kirkpatrick ( Mar 15, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190315 : Will Democrats Go Full Hawk The American Conservative ( Mar 15, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190315 : If Germany tries to close NATO conmmand center very likely, a color revolution will break out in Germany ( Mar 15, 2019 , nationalinterest.org )
- 20190314 : Was Boeing 737-MAX crash an artificial intelligence event or an artificial lack of intelligence event ( Mar 14, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190313 : US withdraws embassy personnel, calling presence a "constraint" on US actions in Venezuela - World Socialist Web Site by Bill Van Auken ( Mar 13, 2019 , www.wsws.org )
- 20190313 : Germany's Über Hypocrisy Over Venezuela by Finian Cunningham ( Mar 13, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190313 : Anti-Semitism Pandemic! by C.J. Hopkins ( Mar 13, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190313 : Tulsi Gabbard comments on WikiLeaks' Julian Assangr are encouraging for anti-war independents' ( Mar 13, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190313 : Please consider looking at the Wikileaks video linked below? It illustrates a barbaric type of war crime-free unaccountability to "international law," including a lawless US military Rules of Engagement modus operandi ( Mar 13, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190313 : No, Dual Loyalty Isn't Okay by Philip Giraldi ( Mar 13, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190313 : This school-mandated allegiance seeped into even the most casual conversations. I remember once debating with my group of friends whether we'd rather serve with the Israeli Defense Forces or the U.S. military. Even though all of us, and our parents, were born and raised in the United States, we were unanimous: we'd rather fight for Israel. ( Mar 13, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190313 : Australia doesn't allow dual citizenship by its national MPs and senators ( Mar 13, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190313 : Dual loyalty is a fuzzy term. Why not go back to the tried-and-true fifth column? ( Mar 13, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190313 : Neoconservatives use of projection ( Mar 13, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190312 : White House Proposes Huge Increase in War Funding ( Mar 12, 2019 , news.antiwar.com )
- 20190312 : Just ask the Iraqis and Syrians. ( Mar 12, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190312 : "One nation, under God and all of his defense contractors " ( Mar 12, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190312 : Note on the loss of power of Jewish lobby in the US Congress due to inflation ( Mar 12, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190312 : No, Dual Loyalty Isn't Okay by Philip Giraldi ( Mar 12, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190312 : Not Looking Good -- Trump Attacks Coulter, Congressional GOP Cucking On Immigration by Washington Watcher ( Mar 12, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190311 : There is something beyond capitalism that makes Russia and China reluctant to join the Empire's NWO: a deep distrust. ( Mar 11, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190311 : Not one critical word about people throwing Molotov cocktails ( Mar 11, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190309 : Another crazy demand: Trump Asks Germany, Japan To Pay For Being Occupied ( Mar 09, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190309 : Germany served its sentence; now the US troops should simply leave the country ( Mar 09, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190309 : Exploiting Holocast tragedy to promote a Zionist agenda ( Mar 09, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190309 : The people attacking these monuments are effectively declaring that they want a civil war ( Mar 09, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190308 : The Map That Shows Why Russia Fears War With US ( Mar 08, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190308 : The Orientalism of Western Russophobia by Max Parry ( Mar 08, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190308 : Eyewitness of one of players involved exiting building 7 on the morning of 9/11. ( Mar 08, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190307 : Wooing the Russians: how Spain and Italy are trying to lure back lost tourists by Stephen Burgen & Stephanie Kirchgaessner & Alec Luhn ( Sep 04, 2015 , The Guardian )
- 20190307 : Guardian adopted nazy propaganda cartoons to demonize Russia ( Mar 07, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190307 : John Bolton Is Exploiting Donald Trump's Weakness - Bloomberg ( Mar 07, 2019 , www.bloomberg.com )
- 20190306 : Memorandum of Agreement on Security Cooperation (October 31, 1998) ( Mar 06, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190306* American Meddling in the Ukraine by Publius Tacitus ( Feb 23, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190306 : The faces of US elite: The marasmic McCain, marasmic Pelosi, and hysterical Max Boot, the openly lying Clapper and the hate-filled profiteer Brennan ( Jul 27, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20190305 : The political purpose behind Nadler investigation can best be summed up in this quote concerning the Benghazi hearings. In September 2015, Republican Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy famously said Clinton s numbers are dropping because we put together a Benghazi special committee, a select committee. ( Mar 04, 2019 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20190305 : IS sends every day 20000 barrels of oil sold for 30$ a barrel and under, and refined in Batman before being sold ( Sep 16, 2015 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20190305 : Lately, Ukranians began to think that the Ukraine's path to prosperity goes through EU membership, hence popular support for Euromaidan, and you know the results ( Mar 05, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190304 : US does not have "plan B". Trump just betting on enough pressure will force China to surrender, like Japan did in the 80s. ( Mar 04, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190304 : War With China by Michael T. Klare ( Mar 04, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190304 : As far as "economic" war, China has been fighting one for decades. It's called competing and trying to do the best to improve your people's lot. ( Mar 04, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190304 : Obama corruption: Warren troubled by Obama speaking fees ( Apr 27, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20190304 : Guess who made those clearly anti-Semitic comments ( Mar 04, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190304 : Harvard mafia sowed Dragon teeth in Russia ( Mar 04, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190304 : It is important to Americans that they always are doing the right thing, the just thing, the altruistic thing, and that nothing so smutty as American profit and financial gain come into it. It is for this reason they are fed such self-serving pablum daily by their news media. ( Mar 04, 2019 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20190302 : I gather our President lectured our President Elect on the necessity to stand up to Russia ( Nov 18, 2016 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20190302 : Tancredo Would Republican Establishment Use Impeachment to Block Trump Agenda ( Dec 18, 2016 , www.breitbart.com )
- 20190302 : The Coup against Trump and His Military ( Dec 28, 2016 , www.unz.com )
- 20190302 : The "Exceptional Nation" has now become the "Detestable Nation"! ( Mar 02, 2019 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20190302 : Any nation which still trust any promise coming from the USA and its European, Australian and Canadian poodles deserves to be colonized and destroyed ( Mar 02, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190302 : Ode to the US empire ( Mar 02, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190302 : PATRICK LAWRENCE Pompeo, Pence the Alienation of Europe Consortiumnews ( Mar 02, 2019 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20190227 : Ukraine government in armed standoff with nationalist militia ( The Guardian )
- 20190227 : Survival of the Richest by Nomi Prins ( Feb 26, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190227 : Bernie is no socialist, neither are any Democrats, just controlled puppets to keep the American people docile, keep up the illusion that things will actually get better one day ( Feb 27, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190227 : John Hopkins effectively exposes Sanders as being fatally compromised by his role as Clinton lackey after the evidence emerged that the party engaged in fraud securing the predicted result ( Feb 27, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190227 : I think that Sanders is able to change half of the USA. He is likely to do something about inequality, unemployment, health care, but he will not touch the MIC. ( Feb 27, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190227 : Bernie's assigned role is to "suck up all the oxygen" ( Feb 27, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190227 : Daddy, I want war with Iran! ( Feb 27, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190227 : Barr is CIA's shyster lawyer, Mueller is CIA's cleaner. Both FBI and DoJ are completely controlled by CIA "focal points" (Dulles' term) or dotted-line reports (Bush-era Newspeak.) ( Feb 27, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190227 : Trump or no Trump the next couple of years might be very interesting ( Feb 27, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190226 : It is illegal for any insurer to offer a bare bones catastrophic plan that doesn't cover Obama's hopey-changey list of progressive surgical procedures. ( Feb 26, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190226 : That might have left people with the false impression that their votes mean absolutely nothing, and that the entire American electoral system is just a simulation of democracy, and in reality they are living in a neo-feudalist, de facto global capitalist empire administrated by omnicidal money-worshipping human parasites that won't be satisfied until they've remade the whole of creation in their nihilistic image ( Feb 26, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190226 : The DNC takes Deep State to a whole new level. They have this thing called "Superdelegates", which has veto power over the little people ( Feb 26, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190226 : Bernie's assigned role is to "suck up all the oxygen". ( Feb 26, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190226 : Bernie Sanders Goes Insane, Declares 2020 Candidacy ( Feb 26, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190226 : Bernie is no socialist, neither are any Democrats, just controlled puppets to keep the American people docile, keep up the illusion that things will actually get better one day ( Feb 26, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190226 : In a recent essay, Caitlin Johnstone described the Outlaw US Empire as Godzilla. I think she's 100% correct. ( Feb 26, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190226 : Attacking Iran by Philip Giraldi ( Feb 26, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190226 : Daddy, I want war with Iran! ( Feb 26, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190226 : The USA elite will never willingly give up their power. It has to be taken from them. ( Feb 26, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190226 : Nobody will be doing a fine job for the country because CIA doesn't give a rat's ass about the country ( Feb 26, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190226 : As for fake news, France, for example, adopted a law that filters the media space the way it wants. The Russian media Russia Today and Sputnik are political outcasts. ( Feb 26, 2019 , www.mid.ru )
- 20190226 : Bolton's financial disclosures show that between September 2015 and April 2018, he received $165,000 from the Counter-Extremism Project (CEP), a group with overlapping staffers, board members, and finances with UANI. According to the Bolton's disclosures, the payments were "consulting fees." ( Feb 26, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190226 : War whore. Well, they sure pay well ( Feb 26, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190226 : Neoliberalism might be more resilient that we initially thought due to utilizing the power of survellance over citizens to prevent any meaningful political challenge ( Feb 26, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190226 : Instead of class struggle, we have identity politics. Instead of the ownership of the means of production, we have tranny bathrooms. ( Feb 26, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190226 : "'Free market?!'" he exclaimed. "No such thing. Because it's all crooked. ( Feb 26, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190226 : The British wars in the middle east in the 1920's, after ending "all war" at Versailles, mercilessly waged against less technologically developed countries, were all highly aggressive ( Feb 26, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190225 : Forget Jussie Smollet, Here Are the Real False Flags by Kevin Barrett ( Feb 25, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190224 : In England and in France, as well as in the US, the Jews became a symbol of the present neo-liberal regime ( Feb 24, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190223 : 52 mins UK documentary about Sharp's book 'From Dictatorship To Democracy' which lists 198 non-violent tactics, stunts and ploys intended to 'unsettle' a ruling Regime, the most unsurprising of which is to have the Protest Placards printed in English (for the benefit of NYT readers?). ( Feb 23, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190222 : US Efforts To Block Huawei Gives China An Advantage ( Feb 22, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190222 : Western Oligarchs raped Russia in the 90's. The (((harvard))) boys foisted dollar debts on Russia, and then converted Russia to an extraction economy ( Feb 22, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190222 : An interesting case of self-sufficientcy: the USA is a net importer of around 4 million barrels of oil per day. ( Feb 22, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190222 : And please refrain from that socialized, government organized power grid ( Feb 22, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190222 : Population is destiny ( Feb 22, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190222 : Pockets of resistance to Israeli lobby emerged in the country ( Feb 22, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190222 : I don't think Tulsi got the memo. Neither did Ivanka ( Feb 22, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190222 : Unstability increates as Russian now poseses the sytems that can "outsmart" the US defense and The US leadership is hell-bent of achieving miliary supremacy ( Feb 22, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190222 : Summary of Fred Redd notes on American neoliberal empire, which probably entered the stage of decline in 2008 ( Feb 22, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190222 : The US chooses its government by popularity contests among provincial lawyers rather than by competence." Utterly false. Our government is one of oligarchy, democratic elections have essentially zero impact on policy. ( Feb 22, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190222 : 'Cheney wants you out,' Bustani recalled Bolton saying, referring to the then-vice president of the United States. 'We can't accept your management style.' ( Feb 22, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190222 : An interesting obituary to neoliberalism from unz.com ( Feb 22, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190221 : In a sense Sanders probably is "the best hope that the U.S. had in the last 50 years." ( Feb 21, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190221 : Can the US make the changes necessary to play balance of power politics? ( Feb 21, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190221 : But, scum like Pompeo puts forth hard-line stance against terrorists. What a bunch of vile phonies and hypocrites. ( Feb 21, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190221* The Empire Now or Never by Fred Reed ( Feb 21, 2019 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190219 : THE NEW YORK TIMES IS A TERRORIST ORGANIZATION ( Feb 19, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190219 : Iranian spying Or neocon 9-11 coverup by Kevin Barrett ( Feb 19, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190219 : Foreign Policy is More Than Just War and Peace ( Nov 14, 2018 , www.youtube.com )
- 20190219* Tulsi Gabbard kills New World Order bloodbath in thirty seconds ( Feb 19, 2019 , www.veteranstoday.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190219* Warmongers in their ivory towers - YouTube ( Feb 19, 2019 , www.youtube.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190219* Charles Schumer and questioning the foreign policy choices of the American Empire's ruling class ( Feb 19, 2019 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190219 : What does that sound like? A Stalin-era confession? "I have betrayed the Party. I have betrayed the Revolution." ( Feb 19, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190219 : The Growing Anti-Semitism Scam by Philip Giraldi ( Feb 19, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190219 : Empire is always dominated by a group, and US empire is dominated by Jews. If the US is merely after Empire, why not cook up excuses to sanction, invade, and destroy Israel? ( Feb 19, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190219 : The new definition of anti-semitism ( Feb 19, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190218 : Trump pandering to Jewish lobby: Pittsburgh shooting an assault on humanity ( Feb 18, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190218 : While highly unlikely Tulsi Gabbard might be able to do what Trump failed to do and appeals directly to the people of the USA to back her in a ruthless campaign to drain the swamp (meaning showing the door to the Neocons and their Deep State) ( Feb 18, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190218 : Links below could be summed up Gabbard is not pro-Israel enough . But the real reason for such a hostility towards her is that she is against foreign wars of choice ( Feb 18, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190218 : So how did the Israelis manage to shift US policy 180 degrees, like a parasite taking over the host's brain? ( Feb 18, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190218 : Today's Rift with Europe Echoes the Iraq War Debate ( Feb 18, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190217* Was Trump was a deep state man from day one, just like Obama, Bush, Clinton and all the rest? ( Mar 23, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190217 : What a crew we have today: Bolton is evil, Pompeo is a liar, Pence is a moralizing buffoon ( Feb 17, 2019 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20190217 : Kremlin Spokesman Says U.S. Sanctions Bill Borders on Racketeering ( Feb 17, 2019 , larouchepub.com )
- 20190217* The goal of any war is the redistribution of taxpayer money into the bank accounts of MIC shareholders and executives ( Feb 17, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190217 : The question of accountability ( Feb 17, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190217 : Bill Kristol and Max Boot are not an expect in military technology, or security issues. They are experts in peddling MIC product to the US public ( Feb 17, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190217 : It is easy for them to make the recommendation to head into to war for two very simple reasons. The first is that it will not require any personal sacrifice. The other reason is that it will not require any sacrifice of those closest to them. ( Feb 17, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190217 : Trump administration action in Iran, Korea, Venezuela are aggressive and counter-productive to long term peace ( Feb 17, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190217 : The goal of the neocons was to exploit 9/11 to destroy countries in the Middle East that posed a threat to Israel ( Feb 17, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190217 : One problem with neocons middle East policy ( Feb 17, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190217 : Wouldn't surprise me one bit if Kristol and Boot work for the CIA and MI6. They tend to lead with placed stories, either before or after events, helping to persuade those who have yet to make up their minds or those looking to have someone else do their thinking for them ( Feb 17, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190217 : There's No Denying It; It Was Never Anything But a Coup! ( Feb 17, 2019 , larouchepub.com )
- 20190216 : "Semi-intelligence agences" is a very sad joke ( Jul 27, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20190216 : Russia Isn t the Only One Meddling in Elections. We Do It, Too ( Feb 18, 2018 , www.nytimes.com )
- 20190216 : Eugene McCarthy never became President, but he changed national politics. Gabbard could have a big impact even if she does not win. ( Feb 16, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190216 : Do American people care enough about war to vote for Tulsi Gabbard ( Feb 16, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190216 : Yea, John McCain was a truly historic person. So far, he was the only person in history who managed to totally disable an American aircraft carrier. ( Feb 16, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190216 : What other organization/group then CIA is capable of such as perfect job of covering their tracks ( Feb 16, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190216 : There is a tendency, especially among dissenters and conspiracy theorists, to equate the Kennedy family with the Gracchi brothers of the great late Roman republic ( Feb 16, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190216 : The Broken Presidential Destiny of JFK, Jr. by Laurent Guyénot ( Feb 16, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190216 : Is Tulsi Gabbard for Real by Philip Giraldi ( Feb 16, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190216 : Libya was a war crime. ( Feb 16, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190216 : Trump as a> visibly unhinged president -- think of him, in axis-of-evil terms, as a rogue state of one ruling over divided and an increasingly unhinged aggressive country ( Feb 15, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190216 : Why Are These Professional War Peddlers Still Around? Pundits like Max Boot and Bill Kristol got everything after 9/11 wrong but are still considered experts. by Tucker Carlson ( Feb 15, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190216 : "Semi-intelligence agences" is a very sad joke: When I watched the US rep. who supposedly investigated this Magnitzky affair for the US gov. state under oath that he never verified any of the info that Browder gave him, I kept thinking "Is this guy serious ?" ( Jul 27, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20190215 : An important factor in Venezuela situation is that the Gene Sharp's non-violent action regime change system has been busted somewhat. The new potential victims are not as naive and know which ropes will pulled ( Feb 15, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190215 : Ilhan Omar and Elliott Abrams, Venezuela envoy, clash over U.S. meddling in Latin America ( Feb 15, 2019 , www.cbsnews.com )
- 20190215 : The International Rogue Nation America by Eric Zuesse ( Feb 15, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190215 : Trump = Obama = CIA meddling in every country. Presidents never change, only the perception of the morons changes ( Feb 14, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190215 : Israel lobby proves Ilhan Omar's point ( Feb 12, 2019 , www.youtube.com )
- 20190215 : Glenn Greenwald Defends Rep. Ilhan Omar Criticizing Israeli Lobby AIPAC Is Not Anti-Semitic ( YouTube video )
- 20190214 : Venezuela Envoy Elliott Abrams Lose His Cool During Tense Exchange With Rep. Ilhan Omar ( Feb 14, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190213 : Pro-Israel Lobby Caught Boasting of Its Influence in Washington by Ryan Grim ( Feb 13, 2019 , theintercept.com )
- 20190213* Making Globalism Great Again by C.J. Hopkins ( Feb 11, 2019 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190213 : The rules are different for members of Israel lobby. ( Feb 13, 2019 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20190212 : We have elections that are far more like Soviet elections than the average 'conservative' voter can allow himself to imagine. The great difference Soviet elections and ours today is who what entity owns the system, meaning which cultural values rule, dictate. ( Feb 12, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190212 : AIPAC is not a PAC in American law and thus cannot make political contributions, but it illegally controls a lot of real PACs and has a lot of political influence in the Jewish community. ( Feb 12, 2019 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20190212 : The problem with the Florida senator is his absolute blind obedience towards the Zionist state, his engagement against the BDS movement and his loyalty to Israel's stalwarts in the US. He is not the only US politician in Congress who is in the pocket of the Zionist lobby. At least the American Middle Eastern policy is run by the Zionist Israel Lobby in the US. ( Feb 12, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190212 : Being Marco Rubio: The boyish senator from Florida is owned by the Israel Lobby by Philip Giraldi ( Feb 12, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190212 : Walter Jones, Congressman Behind Freedom Fries Who Turned Anti-War Firebrand, Dies At 76 ( Feb 12, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190211 : Furthermore, the previous religious systems, even if they were packed with big lies, never cut the link between people and the sky. Today, in cutting this link, cutting morality, they have reduced people to a level even below the animal state since with the intelligence, human behavior can be worse than most animals' behavior. ( Feb 11, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190211 : "So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot." ( Feb 11, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190211 : Noticeble decay of Democratic leadership -- which is now, apparently, two old crazy people, one of which has active dementia creates preconditions for a loot and burn approach to governing the US. ( Feb 11, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190211 : Please help us American people. They are destroying the cradle of civilization. Stop your government ( Feb 11, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190211 : 'Populism' is just democracy in action and most people seem to think democracy is a good thing. So what's the problem? Apparently the masses don't want what's being shoved down their throats by undemocratic rulers so now we have this ongoing conflict. ( Feb 11, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190211 : I would hardly call Europe's [neoliberal] elite liberals ( Feb 11, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190210 : Deranged Madeline Albright famously told Leslie Stahl on 60 Minutes that the death of 500,000 Iraqi children, due to Clinton s years of punative sanctions, was worth it ( Feb 10, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190210* Pussy John Bolton and His Codpiece Mustache by Fred Reed ( Feb 10, 2019 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190210 : In 2008, Obama was touted as a political outsider who will hose away all of the rot and bloody criminality of the Bush years. He turned out to be a deft move by our ruling class. Though fools still refuse to see it, Obama is a perfect servant of our military banking complex. ( Feb 10, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190210 : With endless military interventions, the end of U.S. empire fast approaches by Richard Galustian ( Feb 10, 2019 , theduran.com )
- 20190210 : Compared to their options, the military offers fame and fortune, and military recruiters are duplicitous snakes, just out to fill their quotas. Only later do many of them realize they were duped. Hence, their suicide rate of 20 vets per day. ( Feb 10, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190210 : Pussy John Bolton and His Codpiece Mustache by Fred Reed ( Feb 10, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190210 : And does he really think the Brits have "class?" ( Feb 10, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190209 : The US scraps the INF treaty Another step toward nuclear war by Andre Damon ( Feb 09, 2019 , www.wsws.org )
- 20190209 : America's bewildering imperialism ( Feb 09, 2019 , theweek.com )
- 20190209 : NYT neoliberal presstitutes ignore Afghan war and concentrate of rumors about Trump ( Feb 09, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190209 : Tenth Circle Added To Rapidly Growing Hell ( Sep 23, 1998 , home.isi.org )
- 20190209 : Decameron D j vu All Over Again ( Feb 09, 2019 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20190208 : To see how the US tries to put loopholes in its international legal commitments, you have to look at the reservations ( Feb 08, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190208* To understand Steele and the five eyes involvement in the Russia hoax you need to go to the library ( Feb 08, 2019 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190208 : The US dollar is used for the international oil and gas trade and a wide part of global trade. This gives the US an exorbitant privilege to sanction countries it opposes and impose its conditions for oil trading ( Feb 08, 2019 , off-guardian.org )
- 20190208 : For a well-documented, quite different analysis of the Kennedy assassination see "Partners in Crime: The Rockefeller, CFR, CIA and Castro Connection to the Kennedy Assassination." ( Feb 08, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190208 : The C.I.A. IS all about Regime Change. I am not convinced that they are all bad just a clique within. ( Feb 08, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190208 : Amazing that a bunch of academics would "criticize" the CIA and leave out all the real facts about the CIA. ( Feb 08, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190208 : NBC = CIA = NBCIA ( Feb 08, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190207 : The USA is extracting its proven reserves at a much faster rate than any other large producer so unless new reserves are discovered US production will likely start to decline again within a few years. ( Feb 07, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190207 : I believe I've found the reason for Canada's active participation in the coup ( Feb 07, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190207 : Venezuela's deteriorating oil quality riles major refiners ( Feb 07, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190207 : Never underestimate the USA greed. ( Feb 07, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190207 : Venezuela's central bankers were persuaded to pledge their oil reserves and all assets of the state oil sector (including Citgo) as collateral for its foreign debt ( Feb 07, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190207 : US and Venezuela have lot in common and that they should build their relationship based on some similar bad experiences that they have suffered in the last few years: both has Presidents installed by foreign power ( Feb 07, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190206 : House Democrats Will Expand Russiagate in 2019 to Push Trump Toward War ( Feb 06, 2019 , sputniknews.com )
- 20190206 : Bari Weiss Has the Stupidest Take on Tulsi Gabbard Yet ( Feb 06, 2019 , www.youtube.com )
- 20190206 : NYT Columnist Calls Tulsi Gabbard 'Assad Toady,' Can't Define or Spell Term ( Feb 06, 2019 , sputniknews.com )
- 20190206 : Tulsi Gabbard Rips Interventionism In First Campaign Ad ( Feb 06, 2019 , www.youtube.com )
- 20190206 : The modern Republican Party is all about cutting taxes on the rich and benefits for the poor and the middle class. And Trump, despite his campaign posturing, has turned out to be no different. ( Feb 06, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190206 : Ignore the Free-Riding International Peanut Gallery ( Feb 06, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190206 : Bolton unplugged RT ( Feb 06, 2019 , www.rt.com )
- 20190205 : The Weekly Standard A Record of Failed Regime Change by Jacob Heilbrunn ( Jan 22, 2019 , www.nybooks.com )
- 20190205* The neocon s strategy ( Dec 28, 2018 , www.rightweb.irc-online.org ) [Recommended]
- 20190205 : Money's true nature is law. When a country collapses, then its money collapses. ( Feb 05, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190205 : NYTimes Journo Melts Down On Joe Rogan s Show ( Feb 05, 2019 , www.youtube.com )
- 20190205 : Tucker Carlson Dismantles Pro-War Stooge ( Feb 05, 2019 , www.youtube.com )
- 20190205 : If only Trump invades Venezuella neocons like Max Book will be with him in one headbeat ( Feb 05, 2019 , crookedtimber.org )
- 20190205 : The Problem of Max Boot by Corey Robin ( Feb 05, 2019 , crookedtimber.org )
- 20190205 : On Max Boot conversion to Neoliberal Democrats ( Feb 05, 2019 , crookedtimber.org )
- 20190205 : John Bolton Insists Iran Likely Harboring Dangerous Terrorist Osama Bin Laden ( Feb 05, 2019 , politics.theonion.com )
- 20190205 : Refusal to hand over Venezuelan gold means end of Britain as a financial center Prof. Wolff -- RT Business News ( Feb 05, 2019 , www.rt.com )
- 20190205 : Sic Semper Tyrannis Is this the Trump Doctrine - TTG ( Feb 05, 2019 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20190204 : Amorality of the key feature of psychopaths ( Feb 04, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190204 : Externally, a nation's currency usually has value to the extent that a nation has something to offer others, which makes the currency useful for making a desired purchase. Today, the "desired purchase" is oil. ( Feb 04, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190204 : The REAL Reason The U.S. Wants Regime Change in Venezuela. ( Feb 04, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190204 : Iraqis Want No Part of Trump s Iran Obsession by Daniel Larison ( Feb 04, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190204 : Targeting Venezuela suggests a geopolitical shift away from the Middle East (and Israel) to countries that are less expensive to plunder yet with vast resources to be stolen. A telling sign in the slow deteriorating US Hegemony ( Feb 04, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190204 : Angry Bear " Reagan's Tax Cuts and the Volcker Recession ( Feb 04, 2019 , angrybearblog.com )
- 20190204 : The US aggression against Venezuela as a diagnostic tool by The Saker ( Feb 04, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190204 : Something about neoliberal propaganda ( Feb 04, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190204 : Is it fair to call MAGA croud "neocon lite" crowd, or possibly MAGAcons? ( Feb 04, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190204 : CNN journos placed Ukraine somewhere in Pakistan on live TV ( Feb 04, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190204 : It case of Venzuella coup it looks like we are dealing with a "Skripal tactic": do something so ridiculously stupid and offensive that it places all your vassals before a stark choice: either submit and pretend like you did not notice or, alternatively, dare to say something and face with wrath of Uncle Shmuel (the Neocon's version of Uncle Sam) by The Saker ( Feb 04, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190204 : There are various elite groups jockeying for power, but Intelligence community remains tha core of the Deep State ( Feb 04, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190204 : Orwell, in his book, 1984 wrote that the government had two terms: Oldspeak and Newspeak. One was not permitted to use old speak ( Feb 04, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190204 : Our overlords grew increasingly alarmed. They started telling us about Fake News, and the harmful effects of hearing Non-Approved opinions and "conspiracy theorists" who used dangerous facts and science to debunk Official Stories. ( Feb 04, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190204 : A great example of waste and corruption in the US military is the plan to rebuild and reopen Tyndall Air Force base ( Feb 04, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190204 : Why the War on Conspiracy Theories is Bad Public Policy by Kevin Barrett ( Feb 04, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190204 : A banal case of highway robbery triggered by two very crude considerations ( Feb 04, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190204 : Did Trump administration sold part of the US stratagic reserve to bring oil prices down? ( Feb 04, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190204 : Why does everyone make Trump out to be a victim, poor ol Trump, he's being screwed by all those people he himself appointed, poor ol persecuted Trump. Sounds like our Jewish friends with all the victimization BS. ( Feb 04, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190204 : Trump logic of betrayal of his voters ( Feb 04, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190204 : So let me get this straight: The Russians brought America to its knees with a few Facebook ads, but Uncle Sam's concerted and ongoing efforts to overthrow governments around the world and interfere with elections is perfectly fine? ( Feb 04, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190204 : Real America doesn't give a f*ck ( Feb 04, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190204 : Haley resorts to a good, tried way of Us politicians to sell themselves to money interests. ( Feb 04, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190204* Trump s Revised and Rereleased Foreign Policy: The World Policeman is Back ( Aug 09, 2017 , zeroanthropology.net ) [Recommended]
- 20190203 : Trump Should Call Congress's Bluff on Our Endless Wars by W. James Antle III ( Feb 03, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190203 : Well the snipers didn't show up today. I guess the next big event is the convoy of humanitarian aid arriving at the border ( Feb 03, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190203 : Snipers soon going to kill protesters ( Feb 03, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190203 : Looks to me like the neocon/neolibs are not going to let Trump do what he was elected to do: end foreign wars. Most Americans of both parties would welcome less war but that appears to be irrelevant to the neoliberal elite ( Feb 03, 2019 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20190203 : Trump ramps up attacks on journalists 'They can also cause War!' ( Aug 09, 2018 , thehill.com )
- 20190203 : Horrifying, Personal John Bolton Story ( Feb 03, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190203 : Imagine the response of the USA Goobermint if, in an obverse scenario of the Venezuelan fiasco, the Roosians and Chai-nese decided Trump was an undemocratic dictator ( Feb 03, 2019 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20190202* Michael Hudson Trump s Brilliant Strategy to Dismember US Dollar Hegemony by Michael Hudson ( Feb 01, 2019 , www.nakedcapitalism.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190202 : In Tit-For-Tat, Russia Suspends INF Treaty; Putin Slams US Demolishing Global Security ( Feb 02, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190202 : On importance of Christian Populisn as a countervailing force to both neoliberal globalization and neofascism ( Feb 02, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190202 : European Companies Won t Dare Use SWIFT Alternative To Send Money To Iran ( Feb 02, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190201 : Monro doctrine reborn ( Feb 01, 2019 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20190131 : Do you think that the Guardian will shortly report that Iraq's WMD were snuck out of Iraq and hidden in Venezuela all those years ago? ( Jan 31, 2019 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20190130* The ruling class of the US imperium will simply not tolerate any government that opposes its financial and geopolitical dominance ( Jan 30, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20190130 : The US is needing a war to rally its people around the flag and to attempt to keep its hand on the Rudder of the world. ( Jan 30, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190130 : The thugs for Wall Street have taken DC. Trump might as well go home ( Jan 30, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190129 : Abrams is obviously a Bush plant from left over CIA Bushes ( Jan 29, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190129 : WTF Is Trump Thinking - A Plum Post For A Prominent Opponent ( Jan 29, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190129 : For all practical purposes Communism never existed – and probably never will. Only Socialism existed in one form or another in few dozen countries. Hitler attacking Russia because they were communist is like US attacking France because they are capitalists. Total propaganda BS on the part of the Nazis – calling themselves Socialists . ( Dec 17, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20190129* Guardian became Deep State Guardian ( Dec 22, 2018 , off-guardian.org ) [Recommended]
- 20190126* Can the current US neoliberal/neoconservative elite be considered suicidal? ( Jan 20, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190125 : Clinton Emails Reveal France, U.S. Looted Oil Gold In Libya ( Jan 13, 2016 , www.youtube.com )
- 20190125 : The 'Springtime for Strongmen' and the Myth of Retrenchment by Daniel Larison ( Jan 25, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190124 : The Iraq War cheerleaders who are still around 15 years later by Sarah Wasko ( Mar 20, 2018 , www.mediamatters.org )
- 20190124 : Trump Derangement Syndrome and the NATO Fetish of the Progressive Left by David Stockman ( Jan 21, 2019 , original.antiwar.com )
- 20190124 : This write-up is an uncanny coincidence for me as I just watched the four part movie The Lobby (UK) yesterday. As I watched the maneuvers of the israeli's lobby groups and their wilful political accomplices, I kept smiling seeing how much they are putting into an unwinnable war. They seem not to learn from history. ( Jan 24, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190124 : Max Boot Is Sorry for Backing the GOP and Iraq War by Peter Maass ( Oct 13, 2018 , theintercept.com )
- 20190123 : The powerful wider Lobby didn't waste a minute in destroying Occupy Wall Street, and now they're going after every movement that aligns itself with Palestinian rights and trying to destroy the fledgling careers of two powerful pro-Palestinian female voices in Congress. ( Jan 23, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190123 : Worst secret agent ever ( Jan 15, 2019 , irrussianality.wordpress.com )
- 20190123 : Curious Bedfellows The Neocon And Progressive Alliance To Destroy Donald Trump by Philip Giraldi ( Jan 20, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190122 : Bottomfeeder neocon Kristol make a mark again by smearing white kids ( Jan 22, 2019 , www.foxnews.com )
- 20190122 : Warning Neocons Joining Democrats to Support War by Martin Armstrong ( Jan 22, 2019 , www.investmentwatchblog.com )
- 20190122 : Banned by Facebook for Telling the Truth by Israel Shamir ( Jan 22, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190122 : The Corrosion of Conservatism Why I Left the Right ( Jan 22, 2019 , www.amazon.com )
- 20190122 : Washington Monthly Neocons Paved the Way for Trump. Finally, One Admits It ( Jan 22, 2019 , washingtonmonthly.com )
- 20190122 : They're back Here's how the neocons are regaining power in Trump's America – Alternet.org ( Jan 22, 2019 , www.alternet.org )
- 20190122 : The National Security Agency Is A Criminal Organization by Paul Craig Roberts ( Jan 17, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190121 : Book review America and the Imperialism of Ignorance US foreign policy since 1945 London Progressive Journal ( Jan 21, 2019 , londonprogressivejournal.com )
- 20190121 : If you believe (like Arthur Berman, James Howard Kunstler, Steve Angelo and Gail Tverberg) that cheap energy is a thing of the past ( Jan 21, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190121 : The Money Mafia, ( Jan 21, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190121 : The Russian pension chickens are coming home to roost... by The Saker ( Jan 21, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190121 : America and the Imperialism of Ignorance How America Won the War and Lost the Peace - US Foreign Policy Since 1945 by Andrew Alexander ( Jan 21, 2019 , www.amazon.com )
- 20190121 : Control of money and control of information are two keys to the making other states vassals. The American military and CIA have provided most of the overt and covert 'muscle' for that control system.political power ( Jan 21, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190121 : NATO is a Danger, Not a Guarantor of Peace ( Jan 21, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190120 : I used to worry that a president Hillary Clinton would make Democratic Party a party of neocons. It turns out Donald did the trick by Jack Hunter ( Jan 20, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190120 : The USA foreign policy is run by defense contractors ( Jan 20, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190120 : Even as an old timer, I am drawn to the arguments made by our "Dissident Right"(DR), who seek to find a Third Way between destructive international capitalism and destructive international socialism ( Jan 20, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190120 : The Russian Pension Chickens Are Coming Home to Roost... ( Jan 20, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190120 : Degeneration of the US neoliberal elite can be partially attributed to the conversion of neoliberal universities into indoctrination mechanism, rather then institutions for fostering critical thinking ( Jan 20, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190120 : I want to tell all those who have fueled the arms race over the last 15 years, sought to win unilateral advantages over Russia, introduced unlawful sanctions aimed to contain our country's development: You have failed to contain Russia," Putin said during a national address in March. ( Jan 20, 2019 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20190120 : Democrats in 2019 admit that Obama was a sellout: especially Obama's indefensible handouts to bankers, drill-baby-drill energy policy, Lybia, Syria and Ukraine ( Jan 20, 2019 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20190120 : I've been wondering what's fueling Israel anti-Iran obsession, given that Iran has never threatened Israel. The dominant factor which comes to mind is the Holocaust Conference held in Tehran in 2006 to examine the numerous inconsistencies in the Official Narrative. ( Jan 20, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190119 : Putin and Skripals: Neither Putin personally nor the Russian government in general have ever shown themselves to be so petty as to kill a triator, who was elready exchanged for another spy. On the contrary, one of the notable qualities of Putin's is that he believes, as we Russians put it, "the crown would not fall off his head if he bows" ( Jan 19, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190119 : We are being played Judging from his appointment Trump is really a Republican Obama ( Jan 19, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190119 : Did Israel won or lost by unleashing civil war in Syria with its Washington boss and protector ( Jan 19, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190119 : Russia has to thank the British for sending a great message to her traitors and gangsters ( Jan 19, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190119 : Whatever Happened To Iran by Barkley Rosser ( Jan 19, 2019 , angrybearblog.com )
- 20190119 : The central political question in all Western societies is -- how far will the masses be able to control the naturally-abusive tendencies of the elite? ( Jan 19, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190119 : The Senate is the eager, resourceful, and indefatigable agent of interests as hostile to the American people as any invading army could be ( Jan 19, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190119 : The press in the USA is more effectively controlled and conformist than in Germany in the late 1930s ( Jan 19, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190119 : The Mockingbird Media lies and equivocates about everything. Insofar as the deep state spider's web of hegemony spreads all over the world and becomes more odious, the lies become more copious and more predictable, and their acceptance more and more relies upon the lever of public credulity and Neoliberal Newspeak ( Jan 19, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190119 : Oh, nothing new; extortion, perjury, forty per cent, face-grinding. ( Jan 19, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190119* According to Wolin, domestic and foreign affairs goals are each important and on parallel tracks ( Jan 19, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20190118 : The roots of the conflict in the Ukraine with thousands dead and the threat of, minimally, a wider regional conflict, are attributable to extremist elements in the United States -- those faces and voices seen and heard promoting the invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq, the supporters of ISIS/Al Qaeda in Syria -- and the cheerleaders of the continued genocide against the Palestinian people ( Jan 18, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190118 : I imagine the parent of a young American, who's life was sacrificed to augment the career of Lindsey Graham. Or other Americans who're fed up with the endless wars for Israel, and are willing to do something about the treasonous scum who're demanding and foisting all of these Satanic wars. ( Jan 18, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190118 : On the British Establishment ( Jan 18, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190117 : What is more correct term in descibing the US imperisalism "Outlaw US Empite" or "Outlaw US conglomerate" ( Jan 17, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190117 : Yinon Plan, Israeli strategic plan to ensure regional superiority, stipulates that Israel must balkanize neighboring Arab states ( Jan 17, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190117 : Brasil neoliberal counterevolution by James Petras ( Jan 08, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190115 : The Trump-Russia Scam - How Obama Enabled The FBI To Spy On Trump ( Jan 15, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190115 : Buchanan Is Bolton Steering Trump Into War With Iran ( Jan 15, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190114 : Russia Sure Behaves Strangely for a Country Bent on Conquest ( Jan 14, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190114 : Nobel Peace Price winner main achievements: destroying Libya, killing half-million people in Syria, the covert support for the Saudis in Yemen, the coup in Honduras, the deterioration in US/Russia relations to the point where nuclear war can flare ( Jan 14, 2019 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20190114 : The L>obby at work ( Jan 14, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190114 : I feel like the U.S. is an occupied country, invaded by corporate lobbyists. We have the kind of crap government you get from occupations. ( Jan 14, 2019 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20190114 : Something about MIC gargantuan appetites: the cost of running Texas Railroad Commsion (RRC) for year are less that one half of the cost of (mostly useless) F35 not including fuel ( Jan 14, 2019 , peakoilbarrel.com )
- 20190114 : The Push to Get Rid of Bolton by Daniel Larison ( Jan 14, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190114 : 'A Reckless Advocate of Military Force' Demands for John Bolton's Dismissal After Reports He Asked Pentagon for Options to Str ( Jan 14, 2019 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20190114 : Bolton ignores Trump on his decision to leave Syria. Then he goes to Israel to get his orders from Netenyahu and issues threats from there. Trump should fire him for the humiliation, but he can't. Bolton works for Trump's boss Bibi ( Jan 14, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190114 : Lobby at work ( Jan 14, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190114* Nanci Pelosi and company at the helm of the the ship the Imperial USA ( Jan 14, 2019 , www.amazon.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190114 : Its official: was of terrorism was replaced by war on populism ( Jan 14, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190113 : Whether kabuki theater or real gamesmanship but the threshold of decency has been crossed by Trump and uncrossing it is going to be very tricky ( Jan 13, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190113* As FBI Ramped Up Witch Hunt When Trump Fired Comey, Strzok Admitted Collusion Investigation A Joke ( Jan 13, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190113 : Mitt Romney, Commander of the Fake Internationalists by Doug Bandow ( Jan 10, 2019 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20190113 : Obama revenge ( Jan 13, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190113 : Ask your Senators if they've heard/read Browder's 2015 deposition in the Prevezon case ( Jan 13, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190113 : RFK knew how it works. RFK junior explained the reason for RFK's focus on organized-crime until CIA whacked him. That's why his book was made to sink without a ripple. ( Jan 13, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190113 : CIA is boosting the volume of its anti-Russian vilification because more and more CIA assets are getting flushed out. Stephan Halper is an obvious spook. Page is the corniest traitor since Lee Harvey Oswald ( Jan 13, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190113 : Potencial of having a nuclear cataclysm out of civil war in Ukraine is firtneing perspecitve ( Jan 13, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190113 : Who are the people populating Ukrainian Armed Forces? ( Jan 13, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190113 : Hypocrisy Without Bounds US Army Major Slams The Tragedy Of [Neo]Liberal Foreign Policy ( Jan 13, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190113 : This nasty neocon Rachel MadCow ( Jan 13, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190113 : Parkinson disease and Russians ( Jan 13, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190113 : The only reason the evil bastards who control our society can get away with their treachery is because most of the American people are out to lunch on the most important issues of our time. ( Jan 13, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190113 : They don't want popular support. They want agents in complete control ( Jan 13, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190113 : The USA repeats the history of the later Roman empire, with the army and intelligence agencies firmly in control ( Jan 13, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190113 : The American public naively assumes that their Imperial Project is so god-like in its powers and prowess that no other great power should be able to meddle in our domestic affairs and elections ( Jan 13, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190112 : Gen Kelly is a liar and coverup artist for his and others incompetence and inadequacies ( Jan 12, 2019 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20190112 : In the news: NBC and MSNBC have been officially merged with the CIA ( Jan 12, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190112 : Mass Dementia in the Western Establishment by Diana Johnstone ( Jan 12, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190111* How President Trump Normalized Neoconservatism by Ilana Mercer ( Jan 11, 2019 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190111 : As Democratic Elites Reunite With Neocons, The Party's Voters Are Becoming Far More Militaristic And Pro-War Than Republicans by Glenn Greenwald ( Jan 11, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190111 : That is another surefire sign of degeneracy: when a regime can only produce incompetent, often old, leaders who are completely out of touch with reality and who blame their own failures on everyone but themselves ( Jan 11, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190111 : There is a cancer in the entire west, and it is leading to great inequality. ( Dec 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20190111 : It is already safe to declare Trump's plan to Make America Great Again (MAGA) a failure ( Jan 11, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190109 : What is absolutely remarkable to me in a very bad way is that this piece of trash received 681 reviews on Amazon, only 21 with one star and the balance above that for an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5 ( Jan 09, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190109 : Trump Foreign Policy for 2019 by Philip Giraldi ( Jan 08, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190108 : Sic Semper Tyrannis - IMO Senate anti-BDS bill is an Israeli effort to kill free speech in the US ( Jan 08, 2019 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20190107 : Trump To Europe You're Vassals And I Don't Care ( Jan 07, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190107 : Our Man in Riyadh by Andrew J. Bacevich ( Jan 07, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190107 : How the BBC Manufactured 'Hate' by Jack Krak ( Jan 07, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190106 : Neocons in US universities: the fact that obviously deranged fanatic Albright has students is a testimony to a sewer level of the US "elite-producing" machine and a pathetic sight contemporary US "elite" represents. ( Jan 06, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190105 : Everything Madeleine Albright Doesn t Like is Fascism by Guillaume Durocher ( Jan 05, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190105 : Obama as the agent of the Deep State consciously deciving his voters with faux populism promises which he never intended to follow ( Jan 05, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190104 : Return of the Neocons ( Jan 04, 2019 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20190104 : There is no political left in US. There are only 2 right wing parties and it's only a matter of degree ( Jan 04, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190104 : The unified command responsible for the United States' nuclear strike capabilities drew attention on Monday when it tweeted a message and video that threatened the possibility of dropping a bomb ( Jan 04, 2019 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20190104 : Obama was MIC and possibly CIA stooge ( Jan 04, 2019 , theintercept.com )
- 20190104 : Trump Fought For His Withdrawal For a Year by Willy B ( Jan 04, 2019 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20190104* Veteran NBC-MSNBC Journalist Blasts Network in Resignation ( Jan 04, 2019 , theintercept.com ) [Recommended]
- 20190103 : Graham and Our Confused Syria Policy by DANIEL LARISON ( December 31, 2018 )
- 20190103 : There is no hope for the humanity. The greed of the working class knows no boundaries ( Jan 03, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190103 : Is EU sustainable in its current form ( Jan 03, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190103 : Why France's Yellow Vest protests have been ignored by "The Resistance" in the U.S. by Max Parry ( Jan 03, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190102 : Meet The Cabal That Are Framing Domestic American Activism As "Russian Influence" and "Fake News" ( Jan 02, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20190102 : Viable Opposition How the U.S. Senate is Instigating a Hot War With Russia ( Jan 02, 2019 , viableopposition.blogspot.com )
- 20190102 : Buchanan How The War Party Lost The Middle East ( Jan 02, 2019 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20190102 : Mideast wars were cooked up by loyal-to-Israel neocons ( Jan 02, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190102 : IOW time is running out for the neo-cons, and they're only going to get Iran destroyed and hold onto power in the US through an outright Bolshevik style coup against the public (some kind of fabricated National Emergency) ( Jan 02, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190102 : T>he NY Times exposes how aligned the globalist leftist elite is with the NEOCON globalist elite. ( Jan 02, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190102 : Israel is hardly a normal country. It is an Apartheid Colony ( Jan 02, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190102 : Israel is not interested in fighting this fight alone. It has dragged others into it, including the US. ( Jan 02, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190102 : The proximate reason why Iran is a problem in this region is because Israel cannot resolve the Palestinian issue. Iran is basically a gigantic wag the dog. Without this external ginned up threat, Israel is simply stuck in a Palestinian mire ( Jan 02, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190102 : In these times, the real political debate is centered around the issues of migration and national identity. It's what Brexit was all about. ( Jan 02, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20190102* That madness of the US neocons comes from having no behavioural limits, no references outside of groupthink, and manipulating the language. Simply put, you don't know anymore what's what outside of the narrative your group pushes. The manipulators ends up caught in their lies. ( Jan 02, 2019 , www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20190101 : Israel is Bad for America by Philip Giraldi ( Jan 01, 2019 , www.unz.com )
- 20181231 : Trump s Trade Czar, The Latest Architect of Imperial Disaster by Alfred McCoy ( Dec 31, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181231 : Poor General Kelly, one of the generals who let 911 happen, is probably going to be promoted to Bechtel. ( Dec 31, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181229 : The problem is in 2008 unlike 1933 large sections of the electorate just wanted more Republican economics to "deal" with the aftermath ( Dec 29, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20181229* NATO Partisans Started a New Cold War With Russia - ( Dec 29, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com ) [Recommended]
- 20181229 : After Syria, Trump Should Clean Out His National Security Bureaucracy by DOUG BANDOW ( Dec 27, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20181228 : Angela Merkel- Nation States Must -Give Up Sovereignty- To New World Order - ( Dec 28, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181228 : Twelve Dimensional Chess by Robert Waldmann ( Dec 28, 2018 , angrybearblog.com )
- 20181227 : My impression is, ISIS is a mossad-Jewish lobby creation to win the PR war against Muslims and to keep the US attacking and containing Israel's geopolitical adversaries and eternally occupying Arab lands, and well, to Make Israel Safe Again ( Dec 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181227 : Trump Pulls Troops Out of Syria in Desperate Attempt to Save His Presidency, Causing Geopolitical Earthquake ( Dec 27, 2018 , www.strategic-culture.org )
- 20181227 : Employees at Jewish Claims Center had people pretend to be victims of Nazi persecution so they could collect money German funds over 6000 phony claims ( Dec 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181227 : Could someone explain to me how exactly was the Soviet Union a serious threat to the US, particularly in 1947? ( Dec 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181227 : There is a lot of silly hostile talk against Russia and China, but have you noticed how the US military always makes sure that there are no direct confrontations with countries that can turn the US into radioactive dust? ( Dec 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181227 : In which prosperous U.S. Zionist "career" field has John Yoo landed? ( Dec 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181227 : I'm sure the Trumpster is telling us peasants what we want to hear, just as he did while campaigning, and who knows if the US military will really get out of Syria on his order ( Dec 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181227 : Trump disengagement from Syria may be (and probably is) nothing more that a tactical retreat/change in plans for which the Mattis resignation is merely a fig leaf; that is, it's just more of the same disingenuous dialectics that we've been bombarded with since the beginning of the "Trump" administration ( Dec 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181227 : Syrian government forces 'enter' Kurdish-controlled Manbij region ( Dec 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181227 : Netanyahu: Israel will escalate its fight against Iranian-aligned forces in Syria after the withdrawal of U.S. troops from the country ( Dec 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181227 : Syria Withdrawal Enrages the Chickenhawks by Philip Giraldi ( Dec 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181227 : There is a difference between chickenhawks and neocon chickenhawks ( Dec 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181227 : Trump decision to withdraw troops from Syria and Lindsay Graham ( Dec 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181227 : The destruction and destabilisation of the ME, an Israeli plan, as far as I know. ( Dec 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181225 : The USA has become especially corrupt internally since about the time the Soviet Union fell, with every aspect of US culture the courts and law, health care, etc becoming a criminal racket ( Dec 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181225 : The Mystery of American Imperial Power by Guillaume Durocher ( Dec 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181224 : Chuck Schumer, feckless hack ( Dec 24, 2018 , theweek.com )
- 20181224 : Time to Get Out of Syria by Eric Margolis ( Dec 24, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181224 : Endless War Has Been Normalized And Everyone Is Crazy... by Caitlin Johnstone ( Dec 22, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181224 : How Russia Would Strike Back if America Launches "Dollar" Sanctions by Josh Cohen ( Sep 01, 2018 , nationalinterest.org )
- 20181224 : It is a good thing that the US is not ruled by an egotistical authoritarian ( Dec 24, 2018 , nationalinterest.org )
- 20181224 : China and Russia A Strategic Alliance in the Making by Graham Allison ( Dec 14, 2018 , nationalinterest.org )
- 20181224* Jewish neocons and the romance of nationalist armageddon ( May 06, 2014 , mondoweiss.net ) [Recommended]
- 20181224 : What Is the Point of Pompeo's Cairo Speech by Daniel Larison ( Dec 19, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20181222 : The Vocabulary of Economic Deception by Michael Hudson and Bonnie Faulkner ( Dec 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181222* If Truth Cannot Prevail Over Material Agendas We Are Doomed by Paul Craig Roberts ( www.theamericanconservative.com ) [Recommended]
- 20181221 : The natural progression of Russiagate: (1) OMG, they hacked voting machines! (2) OMG, they hacked DNC servers! (3) OMG, someone talked to a Russian! ( Jul 23, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20181221 : The American Empire: yet another definition ( Dec 21, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181220 : The Year of Putin-Nazi Paranoia by C.J. Hopkins ( Dec 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181220 : Everything that falls short of fawning praise of Jews is anti-Semitic. ( Dec 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181219 : Trump is neocons hostage and does not control the USA foreign policy. In this circumstances China needs to get tough on casino modul Adelson to get her message heard by Bolton and other neocons ( Dec 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181219 : The highest priority should be SEIZING the ASSETS of EVERY individual who LIED us into WAR. ( Dec 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181218 : Wall Street, Banks, and Angry Citizens by Nomi Prins ( Dec 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181218 : What Lies Behind the Malaise of the West by Pat Buchanan ( Dec 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181217 : Hitler was defeated by soviet armies. They had thousands of Russian made T34, patriotic soldiers (more than 10 millions died, against around 0.1 million from US), and smart generals ( Dec 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181217 : Visualizing The West's Domination Of The Global Arms Market ( Dec 17, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181216 : A World of Multiple Detonators of Global Wars by James Petras ( Dec 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181215 : No sorrow for The Weekly Standard demice. We can't forgive their cheerleading for stupid neocon wars > ( Dec 15, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20181215 : Weekly Standard, RIP ( Dec 15, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20181215 : Robert Kagan s Jungle Book of Forever War ( Dec 15, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20181214 : Less Than Grand Strategy: Zbigniew Brzezinski s Cold War The Nation ( Nov 24, 2018 , www.thenation.com )
- 20181213 : Averting World Conflict with China by Ron Unz ( Dec 13, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181212 : US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo gives speech in Brussels ( Dec 12, 2018 , www.youtube.com )
- 20181212 : Save the INF Treaty ( Dec 12, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20181210 : The American Melting Pot Can Turn Into A Volatile Mixture At The Top by Wayne Madsen ( Nov 25, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181210 : How Big Brother Grips Americans' Minds to Support Invasions by Eric Zuesse ( Dec 10, 2018 , countercurrents.org )
- 20181210 : A WORLD FEDERATION Chapter 4 Individual Responsibility The Nurenberg Principles by John Scales Avery ( Dec 09, 2018 , Countercurrents )
- 20181209 : Pompeo is a Deep State Israel-firster with a nasty neocon agenda ( Nov 30, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181209 : Wannabe Zionists (Bolton) has been trying hard to show his loyalty to the Jewish State ( Nov 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181209 : Pax Americana: Pompeo tells UN, WTO, ICC to bow and comply with US-led world order ( Dec 09, 2018 , www.rt.com )
- 20181208* Neocons Sabotage Trump s Trade Talks - Huawei CFO Taken Hostage To Blackmail China ( Dec 08, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20181208 : Now that the banks are calling in their insurance, the EU has to deliver either by screwing down Italy the same as they did Greece or getting the French and German public (or better the whole EU) to bail out the banks. ( Dec 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181208 : In office, both Bill Clinton and Barack Obama rarely fought for progressive principles -- and routinely undermined them." ( Dec 08, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181208 : How False Testimony and a Massive U.S. Propaganda Machine Bolstered George H.W. Bush's War on Iraq - YouTube ( Dec 05, 2018 , www.youtube.com )
- 20181208 : Our benighted nation has become a "Global" entity, which entails our young men and women being used as cannon fodder for Israel's designs ( Dec 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181208 : Putin wants to normalize relations with the west but, inexplicably, he provokes and alienates the West just prior to every scheduled meeting with Trump. These events only makes sense if the provocations are coming from agents in the West who wish to derail any rapprochement between the US and Russia ( Dec 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181208 : Presidents, prime ministers, congresspersons and parliamentarians worldwide regularly negate the democratic will of their nation's voters by refusing to support legitimate election results. Strangely, their treasonous actions continue without serious reprisal or punishment by the voter. ( Dec 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181208 : Anyone who knows anything about history is that the rich were always better off than the poor, in fact the very definition of rich and poor. In this respect it never mattered if a society was capitalistic, communistic, or a theocracy, ( Dec 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181208* Postmodern Imperialism: Geopolitics and the Great Games ( Dec 08, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20181208 : Israel is one undeniably large factor behind spending surges since 2005. ( Dec 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181208 : The British, most directly, and then the US Brennan-Hayden (ok, he is no longer operational) CIA-Deep State are launching myriad ops to wedge Trump in (Khashoggi, current CentCom terror ops in Syria, and Ukraine now). ( Dec 08, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20181208 : One fatal flaw of WASPs on both sides of the pond is that the upper crust ones don't seem to have much empathy for the less fortunate of their own kind ( Dec 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181207 : Globalism is about moving capital to the benefit of the haves. Migrants/immigrants are a form of capital. ( Dec 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181206 : The construction of a make-believe reality guarantees the US military/security complex's annual budget of $1,000 billion dollars of taxpayers' money even as Congress debates cutting Social Security in order to divert more largess to the pockets of the corrupt military/security complex ( Dec 06, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181206 : All the other stuff, the love, the democracy, the floundering into lust, is a sort of by-play. The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted. ( Dec 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181205 : What Foreign Threats by Philip Giraldi ( Dec 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181205 : INF Treaty End Is Near After Pompeo Gives Russia An Ultimatum ( Dec 05, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181205 : The Ignorant and the Arrogant How Pompeo and Bolton Bring Us Closer to War in the Middle East ( Dec 05, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20181205* Who are the Neocons by Guyenot ( Dec 11, 2015 , Peak Prosperity ) [Recommended]
- 20181204 : Comparing China and America by Fred Reed ( Dec 04, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181204 : The Ignored Legacy Of George H.W. Bush War Crimes, Racism, Obstruction Of Justice ( Dec 04, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181204 : The Trump as neocons marionette by Tom Luongo ( Dec 03, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181204 : There is direct censorship and indirect censorship ( Dec 04, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181202* Muller investigation has all the appearance of an investigation looking for a crime ( Dec 01, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com ) [Recommended]
- 20181201 : G20 Summit, Top Agenda Item Bye-Bye American Empire by Finian Cunningham ( Dec 01, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181201 : Google is very evil, with its advertising price controls, automated stealing of data, preferences for its own services in search results over more popular competitors, and in many other ways. But I don't think that the Google Suggestions are deliberately skewed in the way you're suggesting. ( Dec 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181201 : The US elite started viewing Chin a a grave threat to "full spectrum dominance" ( Dec 01, 2018 , www.rt.com )
- 20181201 : Google is micro-gaslighting again by Steve Sailer ( Dec 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181201 : Announcement - The Unz Review ( Dec 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181201* Congress' Screwed-Up Foreign Policy Priorities by Daniel Larison ( Apr 30, 2005 , www.theamericanconservative.com ) [Recommended]
- 20181130* US Warlords now and at the tome Miill's Poer Elite was published ( May-June 1 1999, , prospect.org ) [Recommended]
- 20181130 : Pompeo's Perverse Yemen Rhetoric by Daniel Larison ( Nov 30, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20181129 : Neocons 'Taking Over The White House' WSJ's Kissel Joins Trump Administration ( Nov 29, 2018 , www.defenddemocracy.press )
- 20181128 : Russia Is Disadvantaged by Her Belief that the West Is Governed by Law by Paul Craig Roberts ( Nov 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181128 : Beware the Trumpenleft! by C.J. Hopkins ( Nov 28, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181127 : The USA seized 100,000 patents from Germany postwar and blocked all mention of it in The London Conference 1953 ( Nov 27, 2018 , craigmurray.org.uk )
- 20181127* US Foreign Policy Has No Policy by Philip Giraldi ( Nov 27, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20181127 : US Required to Give Israel $10,500,000 Each Day ( Nov 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181127 : Why the Two State Solution is Apartheid by Craig Murray ( Nov 27, 2018 , craigmurray.org.uk )
- 20181126 : The Bankruptcy of the American Empire Is Coming by Hunter DeRensis • ( Nov 20, 2018 , theamericanconservative.com )
- 20181126 : Fighting primitive antisemitism ( Nov 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181125 : Why Oil is Falling (including conspiracy theories and other fun stuff) ( Nov 25, 2018 , community.oilprice.com )
- 20181125 : Thieves Like Us the Violent Theft of Land and Capital is at the Core of the U.S. Experiment by Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz ( Nov 25, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20181125 : October 24, 2018 at 06:29 ( Nov 25, 2018 , craigmurray.org.uk )
- 20181125 : How U.S. Politics Have Become Paramilitarized by Jeremy Scahill ( Nov 25, 2018 , theintercept.com )
- 20181125* Let s recap what Obama s coup in Ukraine has led to shall we? ( Nov 25, 2018 , caucus99percent.com ) [Recommended]
- 20181125 : Trump vs Berlusconi ( Nov 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181125 : Felix Keverich ( Nov 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181124* British Government Runs Secret Anti-Russian Smear Campaigns ( Nov 24, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20181124 : Oil and commodity markets were used as a finishing move on the Soviet system. ( Nov 24, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181124 : Tomgram Danny Sjursen, Global War to Infinity and Beyond by Danny Sjursen ( Nov 20, 2018 , www.tomdispatch.com )
- 20181124 : Thieves Like Us the Violent Theft of Land and Capital is at the Core of the U.S. Experiment ( Nov 24, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20181124* Now we know created MH17 smear campaign, who financial Steele dossier and created Skripal affair ;-) ( Nov 24, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20181124 : Looks like we got the Ministry of Love, courtesy of CIA, MI6 and British government ( Nov 24, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181124* When you are paid a lot of money to come up with plots psyops, you tend to come up with plots for psyops . The word entrapment comes to mind. Probably self-serving also. ( Nov 24, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com ) [Recommended]
- 20181123 : Obama's actual true legacy, said Hudson, was Trump ( Nov 23, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181122 : Bloomberg: Here's One Measure That Shows Sanctions on Russia are Working ( Nov 22, 2018 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20181122 : This calls to mind Russia's deal with Iran, in which Russia will trade food, medicines and what necessities Iran desires but which American-imposed sanctions make difficult to obtain, for Iranian oil and gas which Russia will use domestically. ( Nov 22, 2018 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20181122 : Trotsky: Permanent slaughter is way of life for any capitalist empire ( Nov 22, 2018 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20181122 : The Foundation for the Defense of Democracies ( FDD ), which has become the leading neoconservative bastion seeking a war with Iran ( Nov 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181122 : The State Dept. humanitarians, inspired by Clinton, and the totally zionized National Endowment for Democracy (and other banderite Chalupas) are undoubtedly elated with the "democracy on the march" in Ukraine ( Nov 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181122 : American foreign aid is prohibited from being given to any country that has not signed the Nuclear Non-proliferation Treaty (the Symington Amendment) or refuses to abide by International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) guidelines regarding its nuclear devices. ( Nov 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181122* Facing Up to the Gradual Demise of Jewish Political Power ( Nov 22, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20181122 : A USA politician on tv 'we do not love them, w're afraid of them'. ( Nov 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181122* Facing Up to the Gradual Demise of Zionist Political Power ( Nov 21, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20181121 : I've been rolling on the floor with uncontrollable laughter (between episodes of schizoid lamentation) listening to Russophobes (e.g., David Sanger of the NYT) rant on in alarmism about the perils of RUSSIAN COLLUSION, all the while ignoring the elephant from Israel standing right next to their shoulders. ( Nov 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181121 : There Are Hundreds of Groups in the US Furthering the Interests of the Israeli State - They Should be Registered As Foreign Agents by Philip Giraldi ( Nov 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181121 : The mukhtar DJT, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Israel ( Nov 21, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20181121 : Sixteen years ago Wesley Clark said that the PNAC plan was for the US to take out 7 countries in 5 years, with Iran being the coup de gras. Hasn't happened yet. ( Nov 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181120 : The Torah, biblical and Quran stories were written in agrarian societies where capitalistic enterprise hardly existed. Loans were for not dying of hunger in the period between when the food of the last harvest had been used completely, and the new harvest was still in the future. ( Nov 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181120 : It is an interesting side-note that both Christianity and Islam both prohibit the use of usury ( Nov 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181120 : A Jewish conman Bill Browder, who made the US Congress to dance to his tune, is named as a suspect in four murders: "'Highly likely that Magnitsky was poisoned by toxic chemicals on Bill Browder's orders" ( Nov 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181120 : A Finance Magnates analysis reports that one of the swindles alone has brought in over a billion dollars and employs 5,000 people. And a new scam, described below, may help what is predicted to be "the next major driver of the Israeli economy." ( Nov 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181120 : Ukraine whistleblower exposes alleged DNC collusion ( Nov 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181120 : When do we take a stand, (when do we fight)? ( Nov 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181120 : Israel support const Us taxpayers more than just the 3 billion per year, it more like 5 billion if you count the 760,000 for missile defense and a dozen other programs for aid to Israel. Cost was 1.6 trillion as of 2002, probably 2 trillion by now. ( Nov 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181120 : Supposedly the 1965 Immigration Act was engineered by Jews to destroy white society. What it did accomplish was importing a bunch of Asians and Hispanics who do not care a whit about Israel or Jews and some Muslims who detest them. ( Nov 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181120 : Doesn't anyone else get fatigued by the constant demand for attention by the one Ethnostate supposedly created by God ( Nov 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181120 : Israel Wins 2018 Election by Philip Giraldi ( Nov 13, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181120 : The problem is that if you look into eyes of Medusa you drop dead ( Nov 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181120 : I love you Melania!! (Grin) ( Nov 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181120 : Medusa's "hair" signifies the bad ideas coming out from women head. Did you notice how many women in US are engaging in politics? ( Nov 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181120 : No comments ;-) ( Nov 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181119 : Thanking Vets for Their Service -- Why by The Saker ( Nov 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181119 : The US instigated coup was in line with Brzezinski's "Grand Chessboard" delusions of the US having to control Eurasia especially Ukraine in order to reduce Russia to the role of a regional power. ( Nov 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181119 : This article in The Intercept suggests that Zionists wanted Trump to win the election ( Nov 19, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181119 : The way that WTC 7 is so strenuously avoided and brushed aside by the Establishment, and even by many commenters here, stinks ( Nov 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181119 : Did Britain initiate both world wars? ( Nov 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181118 : A>ll, empires are ipso facto violent, since they must keep a variety of other states and peoples under permanent control and this can only be achieved by way of violence ( Nov 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181117 : Ann Rand vs Aldous Huxley ( Nov 17, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181117 : This sleazy CIA puppet, neoliberal Obama betrayed everybody who voted for him ( Nov 17, 2018 , caucus99percent.com )
- 20181117 : Difficult times are coming for the US military industrial complex as for foreign arms sales ( Nov 17, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20181116 : The proposal I would l ike to see introduced at the United Nations would be one to remove a nation that systematically violates the UN Charter ( Nov 12, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20181116 : Food scarcity and malnutrition of children under the age of 5, places the Ukraine in percentage terms lower than Pakistan, Ethiopia, Libya, Iraq ( Nov 16, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20181116 : They give that con artist the Nobel Peace Prize as a reward for his glib platitudes and deceits promising a more peaceful, egalitarian and prosperous world ( Nov 16, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20181116 : The Meaning Of A Multipolar World ( Nov 16, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181115 : Study US Has Spent $5.9 Trillion on Wars Since 2001 ( Nov 15, 2018 , news.antiwar.com )
- 20181115 : Congressional Report Warns US Might Lose a War Against China or Russia ( Nov 15, 2018 , news.antiwar.com )
- 20181115 : Chaos in Israel Are Bibi's Days Numbered ( Nov 14, 2018 , www.antiwar.com )
- 20181115 : Bolton's Met His Match Melania! - Antiwar.com Original ( Nov 15, 2018 , original.antiwar.com )
- 20181115 : I think the film should be seen not so much as a testament to the success of the Israel lobby, but of its failure ( Nov 15, 2018 , therealnews.com )
- 20181115 : Finally Released Censored Al Jazeera Documentary Exposes Israel-Backed Attacks on US Activists ( Nov 13, 2018 , therealnews.com )
- 20181114 : Jewish Politics in America A Post Political View by Gilad Atzmon ( Nov 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181114 : Notes From Smartphone-Era Israel by by Andrew J. Bacevich ( Nov 14, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20181114 : The Short War With Gaza Exposed Israel s Weakness by Laguerre ( Nov 13, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181114 : Bolton Vows to 'Squeeze' Iran, Escalating Sanctions - News From by Jason Ditz ( Nov 13, 2018 , news.antiwar.com )
- 20181113* The US's trajectory as it is, clearly parallel's the Soviet Union and Russia's situation during the mid-80's ( Nov 13, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20181112 : When dual citizenship becomes conflict of interest by L. Michael Hager ( Nov 12, 2018 , thehill.com )
- 20181112 : The backstory behind Diane Rehm's question to Bernie Sanders on dual Israeli citizenship ( Nov 12, 2018 , www.politifact.com )
- 20181112 : The problem of dial citizenship is the US is not limited to Isreal ( Nov 12, 2018 , www.latimes.com )
- 20181112 : Trump was elected by advocating a populist-nationalist agenda, he betrayed his voters almost instantly and governed as Bush III ( Nov 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181112 : War has become USA's 2nd nature above beyond the very essence of the military use, which should be to protect the nation's sovereignty ( Nov 12, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181112* The Best Way To Honor War Veterans Is To Stop Creating Them by Caitlin Johnstone ( Nov 12, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com ) [Recommended]
- 20181112* Obama s CIA Secretly Intercepted Congressional Communications About Whistleblowers ( Nov 02, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com ) [Recommended]
- 20181112* Protecting Americans from foreign influence, smells with COINTELPRO. Structural witch-hunt effect like during the McCarthy era is designed to supress decent to neoliberal oligarcy by Andre Damon and Joseph Kishore ( Feb 20, 2018 , www.wsws.org ) [Recommended]
- 20181112 : Although Trump had reached the presidency by advocating a radical populist-nationalist agenda, he has hardly governed in those terms ( Nov 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181112 : France The Incredible Shrinking President by Guillaume Durocher ( Nov 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181112 : Macron wants to be like Putin, but the leash gets in the way ( Nov 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181112 : We Are Heading For Another Tragedy Like World War I by Eric Margolis ( Nov 12, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181112 : Bolton's Favorite Deranged Cult ( Nov 12, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20181111* Trump's Iran Policy Cannot Succeed Without Allies The National Interest by James Clapper & Thomas Pickering ( Nov 09, 2018 , nationalinterest.org ) [Recommended]
- 20181110 : CIA's 'Surveillance State' is Operating Against US ( Nov 10, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181110* US Wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan Killed 500,000 by Jason Ditz ( Nov 10, 2018 , news.antiwar.com ) [Recommended]
- 20181110 : Hacking operations by anyone, can and will be used by US propagandists to provoke Russia or whoever stands in the way of the US war machine ( Nov 10, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181109* Globalism Vs Nationalism in Trump's America by Joe Quinn ( Nov 08, 2018 , www.sott.net ) [Recommended]
- 20181108 : Trump, Gorbachev, And The Fall Of The American Empire ( Nov 08, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181108 : Imperialism and the State: Why McDonald s Needs McDonnell Douglas by Paul D'Amato ( Nov 08, 2018 , www.isreview.org )
- 20181108 : And who do you suppose are the forces which are funding US politicians and thus getting to call their shots in foreign policy? ( Nov 08, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181107 : China ruled by Chinese...Russia ruled Russians...US ruled by dual citizens. See the difference ( Nov 07, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181106 : The sad reality is that the delusion Americans suffer from (result of their universal cradle-to-grave brainwashing that I mentioned earlier) is too deeply rooted as a core component of their identities. ( Nov 06, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181106 : The culprit is Neoliberal ideology that resulted in the deindustrialization and financialization of the Outlaw US Empire's domestic economy ( Nov 06, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181106 : 'Somebody' made fradulent promises and put people in danger to acheive some political goal. Sounds like Clintons or Soros. ( Nov 06, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181105 : Europe and America clash over Washington s economic war on Iran - World Socialist Web Site by Keith Jones ( Nov 05, 2018 , www.wsws.org )
- 20181105 : A superb new book on the duty of resistance ( Nov 05, 2018 , crookedtimber.org )
- 20181105 : "They Will Not Forgive Us" by James Carroll ( Nov 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181105 : James Carroll Entering the Second Nuclear Age by Tom Engelhardt ( Nov 04, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181103 : Preparing for a multipolar order, the USA is falling back by consolidating its grip on its own backyard: Latin America. ( Nov 03, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181102 : A color revolution in the making: Vladimir Kara-Murza and Keith Gessen at Columbia University ( Nov 02, 2018 , www.wsws.org )
- 20181102 : The US is using every tool to destabilize russia and change the goverment into Yeltsin style comprador elite ( Nov 02, 2018 , www.wsws.org )
- 20181101 : If the Khashoggi Affair was planned as a warning to Crown Prince Mohamed bin Salman, then the US knew exactly what was going to happen in the consulate. It was coupled with an immediate and orchestrated MSM reaction that was curiously detailed, and delivered at high volume. ( Nov 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181101 : Angela Merkel Migrates Into Retirement The American Conservative ( Nov 01, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20181101 : Lame Duck Merkel Has Only Her Legacy On Her Mind ( Nov 01, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181101 : When "bomb-like devices" were "intercepted" throughout last week the first rection was who planed them? Their targets were a roll call of CIAL connected neolineral "resistance" heroes like Soros, Obama, Hillary Clinton, John Brennan ( Nov 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181101 : I suspect Cesar Sayoc is a straight up patsy. What strikes me is that the US empire and its faithful servants are resorting to old-fashioned and imported (out of the Goebbels manual, or if you like the Comintern manual) techniques to try and maintain their hold on public opinion. ( Nov 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181031 : The United States has never fought a war of self-defense, not once, unless you count the Civil War, which was an all-American effort with no foreign enemy. ( Oct 31, 2018 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20181030 : Why American Leaders Persist in Waging Losing Wars by William J. Astore ( Oct 30, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181029 : People really just don't give a fuck about midterm elections ( Oct 29, 2018 , caucus99percent.com )
- 20181029 : Obama was just as bad as Bush II ( Oct 29, 2018 , caucus99percent.com )
- 20181029 : The Weakness of Empire by Michael Vlahos ( Oct 29, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20181029 : What is often missing in comments is the importance of not confusing Zionism with Zionist "Jews", Zionists with Jew and Jews with Semites! ( Oct 29, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181027 : Jeff Deist, president of the Mises Institute: in a libertarian society, there is no commons or public space. There are property lines, not borders. When it comes to real property and physical movement across such real property, there are owners, guests, licensees, business invitees and trespassers not legal and illegal immigrants ( Oct 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181027 : Big Business Strikes Back The Class Struggle from Above by James Petras ( Oct 24, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181027 : Rapid drop of the recruitment rates may accelerate hyper-automation and privatization of the US army ( Oct 27, 2018 , failedevolution.blogspot.com )
- 20181027 : wayfarer ( Oct 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181026 : UOC-MP (Filaret included) sided with Ukrainian state in the Civil war ( Oct 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181026 : FBI Concealed Evidence That Directly Refutes Premise Of Trump-Russia Probe GOP Lawmaker ( Oct 15, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181026 : Khashoggi, Erdogan and the Truth by Craig Murray ( Oct 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181025* Putin jokes with Bolton: Did the eagle eaten all the olives ( Oct 25, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com ) [Recommended]
- 20181025 : Nikki Haley Almost Started a Nuclear War ( Oct 25, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20181023 : Insights Into The Khashoggi Ordeal; Who And Why by Ghassan Kadi ( Oct 23, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20181023 : The overplayed drama of Mr. Khashoggi assassination is going to be used by the American Oil Cartel to control the Saudis Oil output ( Oct 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181022 : The United States Of Empire We're Getting Close To The End Now ( Oct 22, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181022 : The Empire splits the Orthodox world possible consequences by The Saker ( Oct 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181022 : Is China Waiting Us Out The American Conservative ( Oct 22, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20181021 : Let's play Global Thermonuclear War ( Oct 21, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181021 : The Khashoggi Murder -- Worse Than a Crime, a Mistake by Eric Margolis ( Oct 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181021 : Bolton is a certified retard if he thinks he will bankrupt Russia with an arms race ( Oct 21, 2018 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20181021 : Russian Deputy FM Ludicrous 'meddling' charges an excuse for more sanctions and to play 'Russia card' ahead of midterm elections ( Oct 21, 2018 , www.sott.net )
- 20181020 : Russia has a lot of fundamentals going for it, but it is also possible that the mistakes of the past and the pathological hatreds Russia has engendered among the Western and other imperial crazies will strike again. It is big and tempting. ( Oct 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181020 : According to Global Wealth Report by the personal wealth of the population Ukraine is in the 123rd place (out of 140 countries ranked). ( Oct 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181020 : Trump is de facto neocon ( Oct 20, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181020 : Neocon propaganda on Russia remind me of a Russian joke ( Oct 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181019 : Ukrainian religious shism as a part of color revolution ( Oct 19, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181019 : You'll learn a great many things you didn't know before from Putin and Lavrov interviews. I certainly did! ( Oct 19, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181019 : Merkel Coalition Gets Overdue Spanking in Bavaria but 5 years Too Late to Save Germany ( Oct 19, 2018 , www.strategic-culture.org )
- 20181019 : I just love the fact that Trump is publicly calling out Merkel on this; she has been nothing but two-faced and hypocritical on the Russia question. ( Oct 19, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20181018 : Germany Clashes With The US Over Energy Geopolitics ( Oct 18, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20181016 : Defeat in Bavaria delivers knockout punch to Merkel's tenure as Chancellor (Video) ( Oct 16, 2018 , theduran.com )
- 20181016 : CIA Whistleblower claims Nikki Haley will run for president in 2024 ( Oct 16, 2018 , failedevolution.blogspot.com )
- 20181014 : American politicians and media are becoming increasingly unhinged ( Oct 14, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181014 : Empire Loyalists Grieve Resignation of Moderate Psychopath Nikki Haley ( Oct 14, 2018 , medium.com )
- 20181014 : Nobody in the adults world will miss Haley ( Oct 14, 2018 , russia-insider.com )
- 20181013 : New Documents Show State Department and USAID Working with Soros Group to Channel Money to 'Mercenary Army' of Far-Left Activists in Albania ( Oct 12, 2018 , ronpaulinstitute.org )
- 20181013 : Haley's Poor Record at the U.N. The American Conservative ( Oct 13, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20181012 : Trump's Trade War is part of the attempt to gain Full Spectrum Dominance: ( Oct 12, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181012 : The US deep state want a ''middle easternization'' in South America. ( Oct 12, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181012 : CIA democrat Obama was 100% involved in unleashing Syria war ( Oct 12, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181012 : Like the values and rules that led the NSA to eavesdrop on Chancellor Merkel's phone calls for years, and to use American Embassies as listening posts. Mutti Merkel was very understanding, considering they were only doing it to keep us all safe. ( Oct 12, 2018 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20181011 : NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg said on October 7 in Belgrade that NATO conducted the bombing of the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia in 1999 with the aim of protecting the civilian population against the regime of President Slobodan Milosevic. ( Oct 11, 2018 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20181011 : Can the replacement be worse than Haley? ( Oct 11, 2018 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20181011 : Nikki Haley's Surprising Departure ( Oct 11, 2018 , ronpaulinstitute.org )
- 20181011 : I still don't understand why her UN staff did not know until this morning that she was resigning. ( Oct 11, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20181011 : HARPER NIKKI FINDS THE DOOR ( Oct 11, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20181011 : Nikki Haley Just Screwed Conservatives Going Into Midterms: Bannon ( Oct 11, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181010* A Decalogue of American Empire-Building A Dialogue by James Petras ( Oct 10, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20181010 : The Lies of our (Financial) Times by James Petras ( Oct 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181010 : Nikki Haley Trump's Baghdad Bob by Harry J. Kazianis ( Oct 10, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20181010 : Nikki Haley's shock resignation prompts various theories ( Oct 10, 2018 , www.rt.com )
- 20181010 : Freedom fighters of Binomo and other notable quotes ( Oct 10, 2018 , www.rt.com )
- 20181010 : Report Nikki Haley Is Resigning by Daniel Larison ( Oct 08, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20181009 : US Russia Sanctions Are 'A Colossal Strategic Mistake', Putin Warns ( Oct 09, 2018 , russia-insider.com )
- 20181009 : Why the US empire now after several years of desprate pressure of oil prices down is now content with the possibility of dramatic increase in oil prices ? ( Oct 09, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20181009 : During the attack on Serbia, US flew more than 90% of NATO missions and it managed to destroy three missile batteries and one radar station (using HARM) ( Oct 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181009 : The level of skills in Syria air defence in th past was low ( Oct 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181009 : S-300s and other military hardware for Syria, by The Saker - The Unz Review ( Oct 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181009 : How the malicious smear game works ( Oct 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181009 : Who Doesn't Love Identity Politics by C.J. Hopkins ( Oct 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181009 : Make him deny it ( Oct 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181009 : How to Maliciously Smear Your Critics (and Not Get Away with It) by C.J. Hopkins ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181009 : The idea of 'stealth' aircraft is in fact mostly a gimmick designed to enrich the military contractors ( Oct 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181009 : How to Maliciously Smear Your Critics (and Not Get Away with It) by C.J. Hopkins ( Oct 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181009 : Alt-right platform ( Oct 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181008 : Dividing the working classes up into sub-groups according to race, ethnicity, and so on, and then pitting these sub-groups against each other, is extremely important to the ruling classes, who are, let's remember, a tiny minority of intelligent but physically vulnerable parasites controlling the lives of the vast majority of human beings on the planet Earth, primarily by keeping them ignorant and confused by C.J. Hopkins ( Oct 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181007 : There Was No Debate When We Needed One by Paul Craig Roberts ( Oct 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181007 : Everything Is A Hoax by Paul Craig Roberts ( Oct 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181005 : The US Government s propaganda is structured to along the lines of a fantasy novel revolving around two mutually excusive ideas the country is surrounded by powerful enemies, and the country is the strongest and the most powerful nation which loved freedom ( Oct 05, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181005 : The SuperMicro chips problem may be an alleged use of the Intel Management Engine (or the AMD equivalent). ( Oct 05, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181005 : White working class who voted for Trump have been duped so many times. First, when Trump promised us "America First!" Voters, apparently content to trust mere words, have ignored Trump's apparent definition of "America First!" as "America has the right to antagonize Iran and Russia, and launch pointless attacks upon Syria ( Oct 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181005 : I thought the Judge was too angry, whining, and evasive, when he could have been much more precise and pointed in his responses. ( Oct 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181005 : Christine Blah-Blah Ford Her Hippocampus by Ilana Mercer ( Oct 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181005 : The real betrayal was Obama, the 'brother', and his 'Hope and Chains' screed who, together with that craven Neoliberal, Madame Rodham, was going to 'set the world alight' with freedom and brotherhood and equalite. ( Oct 05, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181005 : Bret Kavanaugh is a Liar, a Perjurer and Belongs in Jail Instead of on the Supreme Court by David William Pear ( Oct 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181005 : How the Russia Spin Got So Much Torque by Norman Solomon ( How the Russia Spin Got So Much Torque , Oct 05, 2018 )
- 20181004 : What if this whole thing was just carefully managed theater designed to entertain the rubes? The Deep State allowed this spectacle, probably to embarrass Trump ( Oct 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181004 : Despicable fear mongering by Bloomberg ( Oct 04, 2018 , it.slashdot.org )
- 20181004 : Bloomberg is spreading malicious propaganda trying to blame China for modifying hardware with some additional ships ( Oct 04, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181004 : As manufactured political theatrics and deliberate distractions keep Americans easily mesmerized, more than 115 people in the United States die each day, after overdosing on opioids. ( Oct 04, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181004 : US Sanctions Against Russia Are A Colossal Strategic Mistake, Putin Warns ( Oct 04, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181004 : In the Heart of a Dying Empire by Tom Engelhardt ( Oct 04, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181003 : False accusations of rape are not uncommon. A few gain national attention. Most do not. ( Oct 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181003 : Kavanaugh Gang-Rapes Collie in Satanic Ritual by Fred Reed ( Oct 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181003 : He didn't tell me beer had alcohol in it and I didn't know boys were interested in sex, I thought it was just us girls by Fred Reed ( Oct 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181002 : WikiLeaks Calls QAnon A Likely 'Pied Piper' Operation ( Oct 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181002 : Christine Balsey Ford and her father are all CIA, check it out, he father Ralph G. Balsey Jr. and her brother are all CIA ( Oct 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181002 : War time propaganda serves for the USA elite as a tool to contain/constrain discontent of allies and citizenry as they attempt to damage or destroy the Russian and Chinese economies. ( Oct 02, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181002 : Google should acquire the status of a public utility -- like the Ma Bell telephone system was regulated in the 1950's. Google is too powerful -- it should not have the cultural monopoly power it has over our society. ( Oct 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181002 : The Bolshevik leaders here, most of whom are Jews and 90% of whom are returned exiles, care little for Russia or any other country but are internationalists and they are trying to start a worldwide social revolution ( Oct 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181002 : Johann Ricke ( Oct 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181002 : In the Heart of a Dying Empire ( Oct 02, 2018 , original.antiwar.com )
- 20181002 : International law is now subject to the authority of the United States President. ( Oct 02, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181002 : Something about judge Kavanaugh personality and political views. ( Oct 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181002 : The way I see it, a woman over 50 years old goes on the stand, tries to put on the helpless cute little girl act complete with a six-year old's lisp, and pretends to have traumatic memories of something she claims happened over 35 years ago. ( Oct 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181002 : The hysterical harpies were certainly pleased with themselves when they got the result they wanted. ( Oct 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181002 : Like professional wrestlers, Republicans pretend to fight-but a Flake or someone like him, always appears in the nick of time, to save the day for the left. ( Oct 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181002 : GOP Betrayal The Cross Examination That Never Was by Ilana Mercer ( Oct 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181002 : "To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize ( Oct 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181002 : Trump has tried to turn his presidency into a personality cult rather than MAGA ( Oct 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181002 : Trump is light fare compared to where the Neoliberal Democrats will go and has been, regarding women, sex, and all things crass ( Oct 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : Most Christians are not aware that in the latter part of the 16th century, early Lutheran Reformers close colleagues and followers of Martin Luther set in motion an eight year contact and correspondence with the (then) Ecumenical Patriarch, Jeremias II of Constantinople. ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : Always remember the equally lurid "recovered memories" of UFO abduction survivors ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : Arthur Miller's "The Crucible" exemplifies very well how the hysteria of girls can be so dangerous that innocent men can be made to suffer terrible if not fatal consequences. ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : False memory syndrome and witch hunts based on it ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : Google should acquire the status of a public utility -- like the Ma Bell telephone system was regulated in the 1950's. Google is too powerful -- it should not have the cultural monopoly power it has over our society. ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : True, this "living wage" issue has become now America's chronic illness. ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : The Bolshevik leaders here, most of whom are Jews and 90% of whom are returned exiles, care little for Russia or any other country but are internationalists and they are trying to start a worldwide social revolution ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : Washington's Sanctions Machine by Philip Giraldi ( Sep 27, 2018 , ronpaulinstitute.org )
- 20180929 : Johann Ricke ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : Hopefully the FBI will investigate this collusion between Soros and the Democrats and Ms. Katz to influence the results of the judicial nomination process. ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : Graham was chosen to publicly throw a fit ecaquse he's inside-the-Beltway safe. He can huff and puff and talk tough on this hearing, precisely because the Establishment knows he'll never really go against them on issues like immigration or foreign policy. ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : Anti-White-Male Kavanaugh Hatefest May Close Midterm Enthusiasm Gap -- And Get GOP Senators On The Trump Train! by John Derbyshir ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : Civil War II Coming by Kevin Barrett ( Aug 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : I am concerned about dysfunction and incivility in American culture and politics ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : The Airwaves Are Still Heaving With Spin Two Days After US Airstrikes Against by Sharmine Narwani ( Sep 26, 2014 , ronpaulinstitute.org )
- 20180929 : The entire process is cynical. 45 Dems were going to vote against him regardless, This is all about peeling off a handful of votes. ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : Ford already has a couple of GoFundMe accounts that have already racked up $ 700,000. Of course, the 6-7 figure book deal will follow. ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : And no I don't believe that preposterous [to think that] Blasey [is CIA] operative. She and her whole family work for the CIA. ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : New Book Argues US Foreign Policy is Doomed to Fail ( Sep 29, 2018 , news.wttw.com )
- 20180929 : Barack Obama's Return Just Reminds Us How He Fueled the Distrust That Led to by James Bovard ( Sep 14, 2018 , ronpaulinstitute.org )
- 20180929 : "To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : How the USA will look in 50 years from now? ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : Why witch hunts occurred in New England not in the South of mid-Atlantic colonies ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180928 : Kavanaugh, The Disgust Circuit, And The Limits Of Nuts Sluts ( Sep 28, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180928 : GOP Betrayal The Cross Examination That Never Was by Ilana Mercer ( Sep 28, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180928 : EU, Russia, and China Unveil New System to Bypass US Sanctions on Iran ( Sep 28, 2018 , russia-insider.com )
- 20180927* The power elites goal is to change its appearance to look like something new and innovative to stay ahead of an electorate who are increasingly skeptical of the neoliberalism and globalism that enrich the elite at their expense. ( Sep 27, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180927 : Russia and the Taming of the Israelis by Israel Shamir ( Sep 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180927 : On anti-Semitism ( Sep 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180927 : It should be noted that Herbert Marcuse was employed by the the U.S.'s OWI (Office of War Information) and then Bill Donovan's OSS (precursor to the CIA) during WWII. ( Sep 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180927 : Misunderstanding Trump s Foreign Policy by Daniel Larison ( Sep 26, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180926 : The Huge Stakes of Thursday's Confrontations by Pat Buchanan ( Sep 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180925 : Bolton Hates the Nuclear Deal Because It Proves Diplomacy Works ( Sep 25, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180925 : USA/Israel/NATO would love for Russia to lash out against Israel for a provocation such as this Ilyushin 20 downing; but as the author suggests Russia knows it could not withstand the combined forces of NATO/Israel/USA in the Syrian theatre. Russia would not stand a chance. ( Sep 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180925 : The Path to World War III by Philip Giraldi ( Sep 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180925 : Unfortunately, the Cheney/Greenspan/Kagan kind does not capitulate voluntarily. ( Sep 25, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180925 : It is past time for Donald Trump to fulfill his campaign promise to pull the plug on American engagement in Syria and terminate the seemingly endless cycle of wars in the Middle East: MAGA quickly mutated into MIGA ( Sep 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180925 : The Black leadership role has now been essentially reduced to making the odd noise after the shooting of an unarmed Black by a White cop ( Sep 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180925 : Instantaneous mutation of MAGA into MIGA after Trump election ( Sep 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180924 : The Perils of Our Liberal Hegemony ( Sep 24, 2018 , The American Conservative )
- 20180924 : The Israel Lobby and US Foreign Policy ( Sep 24, 2018 , amzn.to )
- 20180923 : Modern IDENTITY LEFTISM WILL EAT ITSELF by Black Pigeon Speaks ( Sep 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180923 : One can like or dislike Judge Kavanagh, one can agree or disagree with his views, one may wish him in or out of the Supreme Court, but stopping him for allegedly trying to lay a girl while in high school is completely insane ( Sep 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180923 : Darwin's Vigilantes, Reichard Sternberg, and Conventional Pseudoscience by Fred Reed ( Sep 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180923 : What is often forgotten is that whenever the term "intellectual" is used it must be the measure of correctness (supported by empirical evidence, both prior and after) not just the measure of the knowledge (historic, economic, military, scientific etc.) base one operates in order to sound "intellectual" and "sophisticated". This principle is long ( Sep 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180923 : One minute warning was a part of Israeli plan ( Sep 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180923 : Let's put it this way, once Russians and Americans begin to kill each-other, Israel goes immediately down. In fact, it will cease to exist as a state. But who wants to pay such a price? Bibi knows that. ( Sep 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180923 : Putin, Israel and the downed Il-20 by The Saker ( Sep 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180923 : The Syrian ceasefire proves how far Putin has come out on top by Patrick Cockburn ( Sep 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180923 : A New Martin Luther by Anatoly Karlin ( Aug 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180923 : More on Something Rotten About the DOJ Indictment of the GRU ( Sep 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180923 : Skripals is a demonstration of established British elite method of of slandering the non-obedient Russians ( Sep 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180923 : Toilet Wars by Israel Shamir ( Sep 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180923 : I'd love to be the commissar in charge of ending affirmative action and punishing those who created and enforce it ( Aug 10, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180923 : We in the West, who would again be the cannon fodder for such insanity, once more owe a debt of gratitude to Putin's statesmanship and levelheadedness ( Sep 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180923 : Despite noise in Russian blogosphere about "weak reaction" Russia need to thread very carefully this minefield: NATO is much stronger in this region ( Sep 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180922 : Has Russia given up on the West? In a word -- Yes, Yes and Yes. ( Sep 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180921 : Moscow TIMES AWARDS ITSELF THE BO PEEP PRIZE by John Helmer ( Sep 21, 2018 , johnhelmer.net )
- 20180921 : HARPER BIBI'S COVERT WAR ON AMERICA ( Sep 21, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180921 : Obama played both sides against the middle telling folks to vote for him and 'hope and change' bullshit and to shake his fist at Wall Street -- all the while enabling them to make more money than they thought existed. ( Sep 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180921 : That agency is and always has been in the business of subverting or toppling other governments. ( Sep 21, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180921 : NYT is now is regular deep state stooge ( Sep 21, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180921 : Larry Wilkerson on Neocons in Trump Administration ( Sep 21, 2018 , scotthorton.org )
- 20180921 : Another brilliant article by Alain Gresh in Le Monde Diplomatique: The truths that wont be heard ( Sep 21, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180921 : But what's categorically worse than having a childish buffoon as a sitting president? A deep state cabal of neocons and neolibs ( Sep 21, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180921 : MAGA is dead, people; say hello to MIGA. ( Sep 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180921 : Michael Hart's THE RISE AND FALL OF THE UNITED STATES by James Kirkpatrick ( Sep 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180920 : Every time one of these incidents happens, a flood of "chicken-hawks" come out of the woodwork demanding that Russia should "release the S700s" and "shoot everything down," etc. ( Sep 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180919 : Guardian journos are proclaiming themselves the bastion of free speech, when in reality they are the enemies of it. ( Sep 19, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180919 : First containership goes north of Russia from Asia to Europe ( Sep 19, 2018 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20180919 : Whet crew of Il-20 was doing when Israeli jets approach it and fly above and form a bookshelf formation? ( Sep 19, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180919 : Destroying Syria is primary for US Hegemony and Israeli dominance ( Sep 19, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180919 : Russia does not have a fifth column in Israel, it is probably the other way round. ( Sep 19, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180919 : E>e are now faced with the imminent threat of either an Anglo/Zionist victory in Syria or WW3 ( Sep 19, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180919 : You probably can call shooting down IL-20 a NATO attack ( Sep 19, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180919 : "Israeli military delegation led by air force commander to travel to Moscow to share information on Il-20 plane crash. ( Sep 19, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180919 : on September 19, 2018 at 3:31 pm EST/EDT ( Sep 19, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180919 : Russia options are limited ( Sep 19, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180919 : It is a promise or threat being honored. For months we have we have been hearing high ranking American officials openly advocating that their goal in Syria was to make as many as possible Russian military return home in body bags ( Sep 19, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180919 : NATO ships are still off the Syrian coast. Why ? For what purpose ? Just keeping them at sea must cost millions of dollars. Are they waiting for something ? ( Sep 19, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180919 : I think a basic question here is whether the Israelis were deliberately trying to down the II-20. ( Sep 19, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180919 : Occupying foreign nations and killing foreign people in order to pay for college and to pay the mortgage and set up an retirement plan is weakness, not strength. "Thank you for your service", indeed. Too many Americans still worship at the altar of the Pentagon. ( Sep 19, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180919 : As for Nutty Nikki Haley, Israeli PM Netenyahu wanted Haley in that spot ( Sep 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180919 : The Lehman 10th Anniversary spin as a Teachable Moment by Michael Hudson ( Sep 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180919 : In 2008, Obama was touted as a political outsider who will hose away all of the rot and bloody criminality of the Bush years. He turned out to be a deft move by our ruling class. Though fools still refuse to see it, Obama is a perfect servant of our military banking complex. Now, Trump is being trumpeted as another political outsider. ( Sep 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180918 : Neoliberal EU faces the same crisis as the USA -- rejection of globalization by the majority of population ( Sep 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180918 : The Anne Frank Test by Philip Giraldi ( Sep 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180918 : Russia supported north in the USA Civil war ( Sep 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180918 : The Israeli pilots used the Russian plane as cover and set it up to be targeted by the Syrian air defense forces. ( Sep 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180918 : Censored film reveals The Israel Project's secret Facebook campaign ( Sep 18, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180917 : Dan Cohen has an excellent mini-doc (part one has been released so far) on war propaganda in Western media pushing regime change in Syria ( Sep 17, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180917 : Lawrence Wilkerson on the Neocons Plan: War in Syria, Then Iran by Adam Dick ( Sep 14, 2018 , www.antiwar.com )
- 20180917 : https://electronicintifada.net/content/censored-film-reveals-israel-projects-secret-facebook-campaign/25486 ( Sep 17, 2018 , electronicintifada.net )
- 20180916 : US goal was to take Ukraine into the future that it deserves. Now with grivna devaluation of over 300% we see what they meant ( May 31, 2015 , The Guardian )
- 20180916 : Are We Becoming What We Once Hated by Eric Margolis ( Sep 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180916 : British society is under the imminent threat of Putin-Nazi Novichok perfume assassin hit squads ( Sep 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180916* Perils of Ineptitude by Andrew Levin ( Aug 03, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180916 : To be banned by Amazon is not equivalent to being banned by any other private business. Most publishers will admit that Amazon has replaced Bowker Books in Print as the industry's authoritative guide to what books in English have been printed in the past and what is in print now ( Sep 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180916 : This story about Hoffman's getting censored and removed from Amazon's Kindle books is a fine example of why libertarianism is idealistic nonsense. ( Sep 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180916 : It was the "higher power" in the form of the Revolutionary Republican Napoleon Bonaparte who finally abolished the Inquisition with the French invasion of Spain, which suggests by parallel that when the US state collapses it will take its neocons with it. ( Sep 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180916 : On the censorship of Michael Hoffman's books by Amazon by The Saker ( Sep 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180916 : Exaggerated claims about Jews power (Jewocracy) do more harm then good and give a perfect weapon for Zionists to censor critique of Israel ( Sep 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180916* I m delighted we can see the true face of American exceptionalism on display everyday. The last thing I want to see is back to normal. ( Sep 16, 2018 , crookedtimber.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180915 : How To Think About Conservatism ( Sep 15, 2018 , crookedtimber.org )
- 20180915* Why the US Seeks to Hem in Russia, China and Iran by Patrick Lawrence ( Sep 15, 2018 , consortiumnews.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180915 : I don't know why so many people are having trouble realizing that the United States intends to make the rules, not follow them, and to be the ultimate arbiter of its own behaviour. And at its very core, this is an intent that recognizes no equal ( Sep 15, 2018 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20180915 : The cutting off of water supplies to the Crimea ( Sep 15, 2018 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20180915 : "Drain the Swamp" and "MAGA" were skillfully crafted psyops, most likely from the inner sanctum of the most pernicious lobbying outfit on Capitol Hill, AIPAC. ( Sep 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180915 : The Khmer Rouge victory in Cambodia was precipitated by the U.S. bombings ( Sep 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180915 : Bob Woodward's book completely discredit the "Russiagate" story ( Sep 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180915 : Fred to Take Wheel of Ship of State: Will Implement Thoughtful and Reasonable Measures by Fred Reed ( Sep 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180914 : Obama's Imperial Presidency by Carl Boggs ( Sep 14, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20180914 : British Are In Flight Forward, Frantic to Save the Empire ( Sep 06, 2018 , larouchepac.com )
- 20180914 : Paths of Glory ( Sep 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180914 : No wonder the Russians came finally to understand that US is non-agreement capable ( Sep 14, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180914 : This Memorial Day, remember the 116,516 Americans President Wilson killed in that senseless war. ( Sep 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180914 : The current endless "War on Terra" can be seen as an increasingly desperate attempt of a fading American Empire to hold on to and maintain its power and hegemony, again with the material, human, and moral cost of this war actually accelerating its demise. ( Sep 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180914 : The US are not interested in winning and leaving they want to continue disrupting the peaceful integration of East, West, and South Asia. ( Sep 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180914 : Infinite War: The Gravy Train Rolls by Andrew J. Bacevich ( Jun 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180913 : After Trump: The Donald in the Rearview Mirror by Andrew J. Bacevich ( Sep 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180912 : "Staged Filming of False Flag 'Chemical Attacks' Has Begun in Idlib ( Sep 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180912 : Henry A. Wallace on amrican fascism ( Sep 12, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180912 : Since we've rarely been in such situations as Trump created in Syria, we don't really know what the margin of error is, nor what could lead to the use of nuclear weapons. ( Sep 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180912 : Real reason for western elite hatred of Russia is that it has destroyed neo con dreams of full spectrum dominance in military affairs. ( Sep 12, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180912 : Did Sanders' people challenge 'the Russians did it' propaganda line, demand the DNC servers be examined by forensic specialists and investigate Crowdstrike? No. ( Sep 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180912 : Behind the Anglo American War on Russia by F. William Engdahl ( Sep 11, 2018 , www.williamengdahl.com )
- 20180912 : Colin Wright ( Sep 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180912 : Op-ed is particularly telling describing how the White House staff has succeeded in "[calling out] countries like Russia for meddling and [having them] punished accordingly" in spite of the president's desire for d tente was definitely written by neocon faction of NYT (and.or WH) ( Sep 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180912 : Neocons typically are chickenhawks and draft dodgers ( Sep 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180912 : Twenty American military veterans commit suicide on average every day, according to a recent report from the US Department of Veteran Affairs ( Sep 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180912 : There is a tendency to think Trump is unique. He is not Several other Presidents resorted to open militarism before as a wya to avoid domestic problems ( Sep 12, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20180912 : Unravelling ( Sep 12, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20180912 : The Rise and Continued Influence of the Neocons. The Project for the New American Century (PNAC) ( Sep 12, 2018 , www.globalresearch.ca )
- 20180912 : Explosive Skripal allegations may blow up in Syria by George Galloway ( Sep 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180912 : How Trump can get rid of the author of NYT op-ed ( Sep 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180912 : Haley: if there are chemical weapons that are used, we know exactly who's going to use them. ( Sep 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180912 : Those who planned and caused to happen 9/11 clearly were not American patriots. The attack was physically and psychically and politically against the people of the United States, including the American military. ( Sep 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180912 : Haley Threatens 'Dire Consequences' for Iran, Russia Over Syria Offensive by Jason Ditz ( Sep 11, 2018 , news.antiwar.com )
- 20180912 : John Bolton vs. the International Criminal Court A Simple Solution by Thomas Knapp ( Sep 12, 2018 , original.antiwar.com )
- 20180911 : Greg Bacon ( Sep 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180911 : Why I Don't Speak of the Fake News of "9-11" Anymore by Edward Curtin ( Sep 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180910 : Francesco Cossiga, formerly President of Italy, flat-out said that the major governments in Europe all privately recognise that 9-11 was run by the USA Israel ( Sep 10, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180909 : Sharon s famous statement we control America is not the only one ( Sep 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180909 : In Britain Israel uses the same tactics as in in the USA ( Sep 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180909 : Israel s Fifth Column: Exercising control from inside the government by Philip Giraldi ( Sep 04, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180909 : The Yinon Plan, is an Israeli strategic plan to ensure Israeli regional superiority stipulates reconfiguration of its geo-political environment through the balkanization of the surrounding Arab states into smaller and weaker states. ( Sep 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180909 : The "controversial" Al Jazeera Documentary on THE LOBBY in the USA: What it is about, and why it cannot and may never be shown to the world. ( Sep 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180909 : Neocons attempt to replay Iraq "success" in Iran ( Sep 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180909 : I think it very likely we'll see Daesh's resurrection within Iraq as that's the Outlaw US Empire's main tool to keep the chaos ongoing--the empire doesn't fight against Daesh; rather, it uses Daesh to fight against its stated enemies everywhere ( Sep 09, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180909 : Financial interests dominate politics at least since 1902 ( Sep 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180909 : It should be noted that the NYT oped cruise missile happened to be exactly timed with the big splash of the Bob Woodward 'book' that trumpets the same meme ie the Trump administration is dysfunctional and in a state of mutiny ( Sep 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180909 : No trick is too low for those who consider Trump an intolerable intruder on THEIR power territory ( Sep 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180909 : Obama speech escalates factional warfare against Trump by Barry Grey ( Sep 08, 2018 , www.wsws.org )
- 20180909 : Regime Change -- American Style by Pat Buchanan ( Sep 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180909 : The McCain Death Extravaganza ( Sep 09, 2018 , larouchepac.com )
- 20180909 : It seems that the Wiesenthals and the Klarsfelds simply melted away and evaporated as soon as the Jewish State began sending the Israel-made weaponry to the neo-Nazi in Ukraine. ( Sep 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180909 : Talking of neoliberal globalists 5th column, lest forget the solid one in the UK and Skripal's affair is thier work ( Sep 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180909 : A country where an immigrant Sikh girl can become a neocon ambassador ( Sep 08, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180908 : Trump was warned repeatedly about the neocons et al, but has chosen to staff up with the same swamp creatures he ostensibly meant to expurgate. ( Sep 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180908 : Ayatollah Khamenei: Iran, Russia can cooperate to contain US-Trump ( Sep 08, 2018 , www.veteranstoday.com )
- 20180908 : In the ruins of the caliphate, ISIS rears its ugly head by Joseph Hope ( Sep 08, 2018 , www.atimes.com )
- 20180908 : The Clinton Administration intervened in Serbia's war with Kosovar separatists on behalf of the latter, doing so in violation of international law in lacking a UN mandate by Gordon M. Hahn ( Sep 08, 2018 , gordonhahn.com )
- 20180907* New York Times Undermining Peace Efforts by Sowing Suspicion by Diana Johnstone ( Sep 07, 2018 , ronpaulinstitute.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180907 : The Coup Against Trump by CURT MILLS ( Sep 07, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180907 : Fair Question: Did Clinton meddle in the Russian election? ( Sep 07, 2018 , politics.slashdot.org )
- 20180907 : I followed that assault on Fallujah very closely at the time ( Sep 07, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180907 : >An Uber-Hawk Flies High Again in Trump's Washington ( Sep 07, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180907 : The way to please the Walll Street Obama prevented the prosecution of bankers ( Sep 07, 2018 , www.thenation.com )
- 20180907 : The Great Tribes of Libya begin to cleanse Tripoli of terrorist militias by JoanneM ( Sep 01, 2018 , www.sott.net )
- 20180906 : How Obama and Netanyahu Overplayed Their Hand in The Arab Spring ( Sep 06, 2018 , www.eurasiafuture.com )
- 20180906 : A combined army of Libyan tribes fight UN-backed terrorist militias in Tripoli by JoanneM ( Sep 04, 2018 , www.sott.net )
- 20180906 : The US Military is Winning. No, Really, It Is! by Nick Turse ( Sep 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180904 : The White House, the Senate, and much of the American media are in our hands, the lives of others do not count as much as our own ( Sep 04, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180904 : Parts of Censored Al Jazeera Documentary on DC Israel Lobby Leaked ( Sep 04, 2018 , www.defenddemocracy.press )
- 20180904 : I think that the US strategy is very sound and its aims are obvious. Since they can't win any "hot" war of any significance, they decided to lure Russia into Cold war 2. And we all know who "won" Cold war 1. ( Sep 04, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180903 : Neo-conservative Americans lead us towards Total War Dr. Paul C. Roberts in exclusive interview on Herland Report ( May 03, 2018 , www.hannenabintuherland.com )
- 20180903 : Al Jazeera documentary on the USA Israeli lobby ( Sep 03, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180903 : Israel's Fifth Column by Philip Giraldi ( Sep 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180903 : Why the whole banking system is a scam ( Sep 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180903 : Tenth Anniversary of Financial Collapse, Preparing for the Next Crash by Kevin Zeese and Margaret Flowers ( Sep 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180903 : New Book Gives Credence to US Ambassador's Claim That Israel Tried to Assassinate Him in 1980 ( Sep 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180903 : The US Department of Homeland Security fabricated "intelligence reports" of Russian election hacking ( Sep 03, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180903 : How identity politics poison politivcal dioscourse and divide people by Tobias Langdon ( Sep 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180903* www.informationclearinghouse.info/50168.htm In Memoriam by Paul Edwards ( Sep 03, 2018 , www.informationclearinghouse.info ) [Recommended]
- 20180903 : Poison for the Goyim- More Hysteria and Hyperbole about Labour Anti-Semitism by Tobias Langdon ( Sep 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180902* Open letter to President Trump concerning the consequences of 11 September 2001 by Thierry Meyssan ( Aug 30, 2018 , www.voltairenet.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180902 : The countries that are truly dependent on Russia are in ex-communist Eastern Europe. They still rely on a network of pipelines built by USSR, and would go into energy crisis if Russia suddenly ended supply. ( Sep 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180902 : Foreign currency private debt is worse in Russia than in the rest of East-Central Europe other than Hungary ( Sep 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180902 : Bombing it induced a humanitarian crisis in the coastal region where Gaddafi's power was concentrated, contributed to a wave of refugees, and let the cities which supported him know they were not impregnable, that their weaknesses were being exploited ( Sep 02, 2018 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20180902 : Is the next US aggression on Syria already scheduled- by The Saker ( Sep 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180902 : Is a 'Suez' Event Being Prepared for Syria by ALASTAIR CROOKE ( Sep 01, 2018 , www.strategic-culture.org )
- 20180901 : Survey of the pervasively corrupt history of Robert Mueller ( Sep 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180901 : THE PECULIAR CASE OF SENATOR LINDSAY GRAHAM by John Chuckman ( Sep 01, 2018 , chuckmanwordsincomments.wordpress.com )
- 20180901 : Trump real estate tactics was based on the idea of countersuing, with the intent to financially bust whoever might dare to challenge him in court. ( Sep 01, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180901 : The US is out of control. These people now running it are not the same people who won WWII, but they are certainly the unpleasant reminders of an era of some 70 years or so, where the US began losing wars while enriching the rich at the same time ( Sep 01, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180901 : Trump wants his FBI and DOJ to "do the right thing" or he "may have to get involved." He better act soon or be scalped by Mueller. ( Sep 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180901 : Johnnie Walker Read ( Sep 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180901 : We are in for another two years of alternating Russia and Nazi hysteria in neoliberal MSM by C.J. Hopkins ( Aug 31, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180901 : We live in times in which the media elites and academia are fully insane. That means that the 'normal' levels of insanity and venality for career politicians will be ramped up ( Sep 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180831 : It is reported that the German company and partner in Nord Stream II, Uniper, may pull out of the project due to the risk of US sanctions ( Aug 31, 2018 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20180831 : It occurs to me that if Russia were really as malignant and evil as Washington pretends it is, Russia would be first to take that step, booting American companies out of Russia, perhaps giving them 72 hours to clear out their desks and get out. ( Aug 31, 2018 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20180831 : Empire Spymongering and Elite Conspiracy Practitioners ( Aug 31, 2018 , www.globalresearch.ca )
- 20180831 : The American oligarchy is not homogenous: there are at lease three caps in the top: Wolfowitz doctrine camp, "Clash of civilizations camp, and "anti-China" camp ( Aug 31, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180831 : Back to the false flag chemical attack playbook once again ( Aug 31, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180831 : John Bolton is, I believe, the scariest character in Trump's administration ( Aug 31, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180830 : >Once the spy agencies become the controlling element a government degenerates into a regime or imperium depending upon its level of power. ( Aug 30, 2018 , craigmurray.org.uk )
- 20180830 : Behviour of the USA toward North Korea confirms the Outlaw US Empire is not agreement capable. It also again confirms the policy to attain Full Spectrum Dominance of the planet is still the #1 goal. ( Aug 30, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180830 : >Libya and the Failure of 'Humanitarian' Intervention by DANIEL LARISON ( Aug 28, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180830 : Why the U.S. Never Learns from Foreign Policy Failures ( Aug 30, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180829 : Max Boot Greases The Wheels of Empire ( Aug 29, 2018 , ronpaulinstitute.org )
- 20180828 : CRITICIZE ISRAEL AND GO TO JAIL? IS THAT HOW LOW ZIONISTS HAVE SUNK? ( Aug 28, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180828 : Just move on. The Guardian is not a relevant news outlet. ( Aug 28, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180828 : Goodbye to All That by Judith Coburn ( Aug 28, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180828 : Mueller is part of the plot against Trump as is Rosenstein. Both are guilty of sedition as active participants in a coup to overthrow the POTUS ( Aug 28, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180828 : Believing in the goodness of the usa, is like believing in the tooth fairy ( Aug 28, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180828 : The Crucifixion of Jeremy Corbyn by Philip Giraldi ( Aug 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180827 : Jimmy Dore rightly states they are CIA funded campaigns of Dems candidates ( Aug 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180827 : On a difference between ruthless ambition with psychopathy. They have similar features, but are not the same ( Aug 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180827 : Superficial differences between Dems and Republicans begs the question -- who is (and has been since the 1940s) setting US policy? If we, the voters, cannot alter or change our national policies, then democratic oversight of the Republic is nothing but a sham ( Aug 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180827 : Rich, middle class and poor relationship ( Aug 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180827 : WSWS.org offers a valuable alternative perspective on current events ( Aug 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180827 : Corbyn is being destroyed -- like blowing up a bridge to stop an advancing army by Jonathan Cook ( Aug 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180827 : Disclaimer ( Aug 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180827 : Chemically induced fanaticism. We have no idea which of our 'opinion leaders' have undergone such antidepressant induced change ( Aug 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180827 : The Deep state is not, repeat not , the American people ( Aug 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180827 : Ukraine and NATO ( Aug 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180827 : Hillary was Sec of State at the time the US election-meddling-and-color-revolution brigade tried to rig the Russian elections against Putin. ( Aug 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180827 : Russian Threat ( Aug 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180827 : Empire Spymongering and Elite Conspiracy Practioners by James Petras ( Aug 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180827 : The CIA is the armed wing of Washington's permanently governing technocratic party, in the same way the KGB was the armed wing of the Soviet Communist Party. For both the contol of MSM is the part of the agenda ( Aug 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180826 : Jonathan Winer, Steele dossier and the Magnitsky Act ( Aug 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180826 : Mass Dementia in the Western Establishment by Diana Johnstone ( Jul 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180826 : Trump and Corbyn by Israel Shamir ( Aug 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180826 : The Union of Establishment Republicans and Establishment Democrats ( Aug 26, 2018 , caucus99percent.com )
- 20180825 : How to interfere in a foreign election by Stephen Kinzer ( Aug 19, 2018 , www.bostonglobe.com )
- 20180825 : There is no way anyone in their right mind would enter into an agreement with the USA, and even when they do, as in the examples of North Korea here, or Iran recently - the USA backs out of them! That is not the kind of dance partner anyone would want to tango with ( Aug 25, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180825 : Trump is deliberately pushing Germany and Russia to make deals in order to shuffle the deck by Gilbert Docotrow ( Aug 23, 2018 , russia-insider.com )
- 20180825 : Ron Paul interviews Rep. Thomas Massie on Russia, Sanctions, and Tariffs ( Aug 25, 2018 , www.antiwar.com )
- 20180825 : As Washington's Neocons "Crush" Russia, Ron Paul Warns Sanctions Lead To War ( Aug 25, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180825 : Defections from Pax Americana Coming Louder and Faster ( Aug 25, 2018 , www.strategic-culture.org )
- 20180825 : MoA - Trump Ties North Korea Talks To Trade Deal With China ( Aug 25, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180825 : America's Anxiety of Influence ( Aug 17, 2018 , foreignpolicy.com )
- 20180825 : Obama Marries the Liberals to the Neocons by PATRICK ARMSTRONG ( Aug 22, 2018 , www.strategic-culture.org )
- 20180824 : The Dark Side of War Propaganda ( Aug 24, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180824 : Credit Suisse freezes $5 billion of Russian money due to U.S. sanctions ( Aug 24, 2018 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20180824 : US sanctions on Russia tied to UK attack to take effect Monday ( Aug 24, 2018 , uk.reuters.com )
- 20180824 : Do Democrats Want an Impeachment Fight by Pat Buchanan ( Aug 24, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180823 : "Don't get fat": but be careful to understand what's too fat, what too thin. If correlation is worth anything never certain then if you want a long life be "overweight". Don't, please don't, flirt with being "underweight". ( Aug 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180823 : What the Brennan Affair Really Reveals by Stephen Cohen ( Aug 23, 2018 , www.thenation.com )
- 20180823 : The War Piece to End All War Pieces Or How to Fight a War of Ultimate Repetitiousness by Tom Engelhardt ( Aug 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180822 : Thorfinnsson s Take on Tesla by Anatoly Karlin ( Aug 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180822 : Our Sanctions Addiction by DANIEL LARISON • ( Aug 21, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180822 : In Spies Battle, Trump Holds the High Ground by Pat Buchanan ( Aug 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180822 : Beijing s Bid for Global Power in the Age of Trump by Alfred McCoy ( Aug 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180822* The CIA Owns the US and European Media by Paul Craig Roberts ( Aug 18, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180822 : Trump Caves To Enemy Of The People -- Time To Show Loyalty To Those Loyal To Him, by James Kirkpatrick - The Unz Review ( Aug 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180819 : What's going on in the US is unprecedented. The entire political or so-called liberal establishment is fighting with every means at their disposal against a democratically elected President. ( Aug 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180819 : Why we do not negotiate with the USA ( Aug 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180819* End of "classic neoliberalism": to an extent hardly imaginable in 2008, all the world's leading economies are locked in a perpetually escalating cycle of economic warfare. ( Aug 19, 2018 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180819 : Neoliberals have monopolized the information distribution system internet and television and used it to silence critics, prevent competing platforms from arising, bully society into accepting their standards of conduct and thought, blacklist conservatives in Hollywood, promote physical violence against dissenters ( Aug 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180818 : America the Punitive by Philip Girald ( Aug 17, 2018 , ronpaulinstitute.org )
- 20180818 : The USA with a single strike killed all efforts of Puting to establ;ish better relations with the USA ( Aug 18, 2018 , newzfeed.ru )
- 20180818 : All Sanctions Against Russia Are Based on Lies by Eric Zuesse ( Aug 18, 2018 , theduran.com )
- 20180818* Corporate Media the Enemy of the People by Paul Street ( Aug 18, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180818 : Pence brought in swamp creatures like Rosenstein, John Bolton, Nikki Haley. ( Aug 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180818 : Bread and circuses are integral parts of empire building especially in promoting urban street mobs to overthrow independent and elected governments. ( Aug 18, 2018 , www.globalresearch.ca )
- 20180818 : The illness took hold during the campaign that year when the bureaucracy under President Obama sent its lymphocytes and microphages in the "intel community" to attack the perceived disease that the election of Donald Trump represented ( Aug 18, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180818 : I've noticed the "Power Elite" have decided to rewrite American history in regards to the American Civil War ( Aug 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180818 : Is Russia an Adversary by Gary Leupp ( Aug 13, 2018 , dissidentvoice.org )
- 20180817 : Stephen F. Cohen Sanction mania versus Russia -- Puppet Masters -- Sott.net ( Aug 17, 2018 , www.sott.net )
- 20180817 : Jim Kunstler Exposes The Democratic Party s Three-Headed Monster ( Aug 17, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180817 : Review Revolutionary Optimism, Western Nihilism by Andre Vltchek, by David William Pear - The Unz Review ( Aug 17, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180817 : OBAMUNISM: Weaponizing government agencies to attack DemoRats political opponents ( Aug 16, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180816 : Russiagate and neo-McCarthysim are result of the newly minted Anti-Trump allience of neocons and neoliberals ( Aug 16, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180815 : "Under the mantle of the "war on terrorism," successive US governments, Democratic and Republican alike, have not only conducted wars whose victims number in the millions, but also carried out an unrelenting attack on democratic rights, from domestic spying to censoring the Internet. ( Aug 15, 2018 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20180815 : Imperial brainwashing works very well: Many US citizens were willing to kill 2 million Iranian civilians to save 20,000 U.S. soldiers ( Aug 15, 2018 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20180815 : Mastercard and Visa can be hit by Russian sanctions; the US financial sector can be eliminated in Russia ( Aug 15, 2018 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20180815 : Sanctions that Russia can implement ( Aug 15, 2018 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20180815 : Countermove in Caspian see: no NATO allowed ( Aug 15, 2018 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20180815 : Russia need to preserve normalcy for its own population despite US sanctions, so overreacting might be counterproductive as some goods produced by West can't be easily replaced ( Aug 15, 2018 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20180815 : Russia is one of only 7 nation states to have verifiably dismantled and destroyed their chemical weapon stockpiles as ratified by the OPCW and in compliance to the CWC. After Skripal false flag they probably have a second thought. ( Aug 15, 2018 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20180815 : Medvedev: if they introduce something like a ban on banking operations or the use of any currency, we will treat it as a declaration of economic war. And we'll have to respond to it accordingly economically, politically, or in any other way, if required ( Aug 15, 2018 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20180815 : Trump policies are all over the place first the hard-ass who will never back off, then conciliatory and talking international unity ( Aug 15, 2018 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20180815 : A concise summary of the nuclear attack on Japan ( Aug 15, 2018 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20180815 : War Without End by C.J. Chivers ( Aug 15, 2018 , www.nytimes.com )
- 20180815 : Some suggestions about contra sanctions that Russia can implement ( Aug 15, 2018 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20180814 : Why Confronting Israel is Important by Philip Giraldi ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180814 : Book: RAND DECEPTION: The TRUTH ABOUT BILL BROWDER, the MAGNITSKY ACT, and ANTI-RUSSIAN SANCTIONS ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180814 : Is not it ironic that the neocon and MI6 corrected Browder is a grandson of two KGB agents? ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180814 : Maybe The US congress truly believe they can decapitate Russia with very little risk or damage to NATO countries, but from publicly available data it doesn't look like that. ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180814 : Trump has repeatedly stressed that Russia and the US are the two biggest nuclear powers in the world, with their combined nuclear arsenal accounting for 90 percent of world's total, and thus the US must live in peace with Russia. ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180814 : If a nuclear war starts, it is only logical for the initial combatants to target ALL powers at once, as this may be their last chance to reduce their neighbors' ability to loot and conquer after the war. ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180814 : A blockade is an act of war. A much more lively August than any of us expected. The devil is never idle. ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180814 : Russia of today is in a comparatively much weaker position overall than the USSR due to powerful fifth column ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180814 : Why Did 51 American State Department Officials 'Dissent' Against Obama and Call for Bombing Syria? ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180814 : Creating problems in Ukriane is one of the few ways Russia could impose tangible costs on USA ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180814 : Our Despicable, Indefensible Policy in Yemen by Daniel Larison ( Aug 13, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180814 : It was Neocons who pushed the USA to invade Iraa, but, as Greenspan said, the goals of USA were about oil not so much about Israeli interests in the region ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180814 : Trump's Trade War with China Undermining China's Dependence on Neoliberalism ( Aug 14, 2018 , therealnews.com )
- 20180814 : Israel not Russia is the one foreign country that can interfere with impunity with the political processes in the United States yet it is immune from criticism. ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180814 : America's Lengthening Enemies List by Pat Buchanan ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180814 : Does mere accusation now stand for "truth" in this inmates-running-the-asylum charade USA is putting on? ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180814 : Litvinenko affair now looks like a dressed rehearsal of Skripals ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180814 : An objective criticism of the Zionist enterprise now a days and its apologists resort immediately to unrestrained howls and accusations of antisemitism. ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180814 : Iran s Supreme Leader No War Nor Negotiations Ever With This White House ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180814 : Paradoxically it is not in best inteersts of Russia to rock the boat of international economy despite sanctions ( Aug 14, 2018 , russia-insider.com )
- 20180814 : New US Sanctions. Bring Them on and Let's See Whose Side God Is On! ( Aug 14, 2018 , russia-insider.com )
- 20180814 : Washington won t be winning any wars against Russia and/or China. It should stick with what it s good at, that is bombing third world countries, on behalf of its Zionist masters. On second thoughts, it shouldn t be doing that either. ( Aug 14, 2018 , russia-insider.com )
- 20180814* US Intelligence Community is Tearing the Country Apart from the Inside by Dmitry Orlov ( Jul 28, 2018 , russia-insider.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180814 : Latest Sanctions Against Russia Show Trump Not in Control of His Administration by F. Michael Maloof ( Aug 10, 2018 , russia-insider.com )
- 20180813 : The Perils of Trump's Iran Obsession by Daniel Larison ( Aug 13, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180813 : http://www.euronews.com/2018/08/13/iran-s-leader-orders-governent-not-to-talk-to-u-s ( Aug 13, 2018 , www.euronews.com )
- 20180813 : Sergey Lavrov SLAMS new US sanctions over Skripal case ( Aug 13, 2018 , theduran.com )
- 20180813 : Like Iran, the Russians know the USA. Is about as reliable as a third hand condom and just as classy. ( Aug 13, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180813 : New US Sanctions vs. Russia by Anatoly Karlin ( Aug 13, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180813 : If the world was a theater, Americans see themselves as the only performers -- the role of the rest of the world is to applaud their performance. ( Aug 13, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180812 : Yes, the Press Helps Start Wars ( Aug 12, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180812 : Were not Soros donations and financial speculation also attacks on democracy? ( Aug 12, 2018 , www.nytimes.com )
- 20180811 : Soros is a criminal promoter of very specific form of political corruption masquerading desire of obtain full control of countries to top 0.01% with words like "promotion of democracy." ( Aug 11, 2018 , www.nytimes.com )
- 20180811 : Major color revolutions sponsor is in decline, but still show his teeth and his methods did not become less dangerius for Eastern Europe, xUSSR space and developing countries ( Aug 11, 2018 , www.nytimes.com )
- 20180811 : The USA never ratified Versailles, on the contrary, there came neutrality laws. ( Aug 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180810 : "Be harmonious, enrich the soldiers, scorn all others" ~ Emperor Septimius Severus to his sons ( Aug 10, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180810 : America's Militarized Economy by Eric Zuesse ( Aug 10, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180810 : There is also the documented presence of American forces and officers in the operations room of the Saudi coalition ( Aug 10, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180810 : Russia blasts new US sanctions as 'theatre of the absurd' ( Aug 10, 2018 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20180810 : Russian Ruble Leads World Currency Losses on New U.S. Sanctions ( Aug 10, 2018 , www.bloomberg.com )
- 20180810 : US slanders Russia with new sanctions over Skripal poisoning hoax ( Aug 10, 2018 , theduran.com )
- 20180809 : Pompeo Slaps On Major Russia Sanctions...Over Unproven UK Poisoning! ( Aug 09, 2018 , ronpaulinstitute.org )
- 20180809 : 'No surprise if Moscow recalls ambassador' Russia will lash out against new sanctions, say experts ( Aug 09, 2018 , www.rt.com )
- 20180809 : No fighter of the establishment would make such stupid mistakes as Trump has ( Aug 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180808 : Imagine what is coming in the United States where the simmering hatreds are invited and exploited by not three distinct groups, but hundreds by Sic Semper ( Aug 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180808 : The Constitution looked fairly good on paper, but it was not a popular document; people were suspicious of it, and suspicious of the enabling legislation that was being erected upon it ( Aug 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180808 : In past wars, civilian oil tankers did not sail through the straits ( Aug 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180808 : God Bless Stephen Cohen ( Aug 04, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180808 : Zone23 is sort of a cross between 1984, Fahrenheit 451, and Brave New World, but with better, much funnier, dialogue. It also introduces the corporate-state-hybrid as a menacing enemy. ( Aug 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180808 : The CIA, FBI, and US army killed Dr. King with the help of their organized crime assets. JFK might be killed the same way ( Aug 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180808 : At some point the Western Powers decided the that old Communist Apparachik Milosevic would be the Bad Guy and the Croatian freedom-loving "our bastards" the good guys to be internationally recognized and thus enflamed the passion of secession. ( Aug 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180808 : Bill Clinton's Rules of Engagement on the already identified Enemies of the People ( Aug 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180808* Ten Bombshell Revelations From Seymour Hersh's New Autobiography ( Aug 08, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180808 : America the Unexceptional by William S. Smith ( Aug 08, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180808 : US addiction to sanctions knows no bounds – Iranian foreign minister ( Aug 02, 2018 , www.rt.com )
- 20180808 : The Soviet entry into the war played a much greater role than the atomic bombs in inducing Japan to surrender because it dashed any hope that Japan could terminate the war through Moscow's mediation ( Aug 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180808 : Exclusive Iran, then Turkey, as the Hot War Gains Ground in Washington ( Aug 08, 2018 , www.veteranstoday.com )
- 20180808 : Trump as the disposable President for the Neocons? ( Aug 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180808 : Israel is not only Iran's greatest enemy ( Aug 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180808 : Barack Obama Net Worth After Presidency Increased Nearly 3000% ( Aug 06, 2018 , thepoliticalinsider.com )
- 20180808 : Obama added some $12.8 Trillion Dollars to the debt. ( Aug 08, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20180808 : American Pravda Jews and Nazis by Ron Unz ( Aug 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180808 : Jerusalem could be a safer location for the US Embassy than Tel Aviv if there is a war against Iran. For religious reasons ;-) ( Aug 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180807 : OIL and only OIL should guide the policy making considerations of the American Empire in the Middle East ( Aug 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180807 : The Death Of US And UK Neo-Colonialism Zero Hedge by Martin Sieff ( Aug 07, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180807 : Britain Tightens NATO s Noose Around Russia ( Aug 07, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20180807 : The UK s Labour Party and Its Anti-Semitism Crisis ( Aug 07, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20180807 : More Lies About the White Helmets by Philip Giraldi ( Aug 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180807 : Does the Russiagate Narrative Protect Those with Power and Influence Q A (Pt 2-5) ( Jul 18, 2018 , therealnews.com )
- 20180807 : The Legacy of Infinite War ( Aug 07, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20180807 : Obamacare architect: We passed law due to 'stupidity of the American voter' ( Aug 07, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180807 : During the presidential political campaign, Trump made clear that he was against regime change and that is why many people voted for him. Now he is trying to launch a potentially disastrous war on Iran. ( Aug 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180807 : Three Reasons Why 'Fire and Fury' Won't Work With Iran by By Scott Ritter ( Aug 07, 2018 , www.informationclearinghouse.info )
- 20180807 : Iranians Not Pining for American Intervention The American Conservative ( Aug 07, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180807 : An interesting analogy with neocons effort to fuel Russiagate hysteria ( Aug 07, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20180806 : Both Zionism and Nazism are essentially exaggerations of Nineteenth century European racial nationalism, both posit a more or less imaginary history to justify their territorial claims ( Aug 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180806 : Sanctions and Trump s Disdain for Diplomacy by Daniel Larison ( Aug 06, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180806 : The Rise and Continued Influence of the Neocons. The Project for the New American Century (PNAC) ( Aug 06, 2018 , www.globalresearch.ca )
- 20180806 : Barack Obama Net Worth After Presidency Increased Nearly 3000% ( Aug 06, 2018 , thepoliticalinsider.com )
- 20180806 : The deeper problem, is that while Max Boot get so many issues wrong, he is given such a massive platform for propagating his neocon views. ( Aug 06, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180805 : "Anti-semitism" is merely the enforcement wing of Zionism ( Aug 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180805* Cooper was equally as unhinged as Boot: Neoliberal MSM is a real 1984 remake. ( Aug 05, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180805 : Question ( Aug 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180805 : Israel is not only Iran's greatest enemy, it's ours as well. ( Aug 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180805 : Trump as the "disposable President" for the Neocons? ( Aug 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180805 : Film that tracking the neocon influence and how the neoconservatives from the Bush era pushed the Iraq war ( Aug 04, 2018 , www.globalresearch.ca )
- 20180805 : Marxism is a colossal ideology ( Aug 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180805 : Multiculturalism is a recipe for national suicide. Culture, including religious belief, is the unifying factor that allows strangers to work with one another, by ensuring that they share the same assumptions about morality and about correct behavior in general. ( Aug 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180805 : American Pravda the Nature of Anti-Semitism by Ron Unz ( Aug 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180805 : Nationalists winning Eastern Europe after the dissolution of the USSR is a verifiable tendency ( Aug 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180805 : Ideas of stability, homeostasis, and the like, cannot win. ( Aug 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180805 : Mulegino1 ( Aug 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180805 : Earlier this year, Representative James Moran, a Democrat, said that "if it were not for the strong support of the Jewish community for this war with Iraq, we would not be doing this." ( Aug 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180805 : Human beings, in their thinking, feeling and acting are not free but as causally bound as the stars in their motions ( Aug 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180805 : A real collusion happened with 911. The BBC knew that tower 7 would fall before it did ( Aug 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180804 : The "next" financial crisis and public banking as the response by Michael Hudson ( Aug 04, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180804 : The US empire was always conducting trade wars that even included deliberately created cartels ( Aug 04, 2018 , failedevolution.blogspot.com )
- 20180804 : On Contact Decline of the American empire with Alfred McCoy ( Nov 26, 2017 , www.youtube.com )
- 20180803 : US Senators Announce Russia Sanctions 'Bill From Hell' ( Aug 15, 2018 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20180803 : Latin America: Reforms Which Deform ( Aug 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180803 : The elites "have no credibility left by David North and Chris Hedges ( Oct 06, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20180803 : Appeasement as Global Policy by James Petras ( Aug 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180803 : Anglo America Russophobes as Fake Miracle workers; the Post Christ Resurrections ( Jun 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180802 : As I heard a USA female politician say about the USA Zionist lobby 'we do not like them, w're afraid of them'. ( Aug 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180802 : Stephen F. Cohen Debates Max Boot on CNN ( Jul 31, 2018 , American Committee for East-West Accord )
- 20180802 : Senators Seek Crushing Sanctions For Russia In New Bill ( Aug 02, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180802 : Theatrical micro-militarism ( Aug 02, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180802 : Note on the level of efficiency of imperial brainwashing ( Aug 02, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20180802 : Chalmers Johnson Dismantling the Empire by Tom Engelhardt ( Jul 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180802 : No Peter Brimelow, I Am Not Reviewing Jonah [Expletive Deleted] Goldberg's New Book by Hubert Collins ( Aug 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180802 : Prof Cohen beating Max Boot like a rented mule ( Aug 02, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180731 : Trump vs. the New World Order by Stephen Kokx ( Mar 07, 2016 , akacatholic.com )
- 20180731 : Three Good Reasons To Liquidate Our Empire by Chalmers Johnson ( Jul 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180731 : Uber Neocon Max Boot Often Wrong but Never in Doubt by Richard C. Young ( Jul 19, 2018 , www.richardcyoung.com )
- 20180731 : Three Good Reasons To Liquidate Our Empire, by Chalmers Johnson - The Unz Review ( Jul 31, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180731 : Chalmers Johnson Dismantling the Empire, by Tom Engelhardt - The Unz Review ( Jul 31, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180731 : The positive that Trump could do by Robert Parry ( Dec 23, 2016 , www.sott.net )
- 20180731 : Trillions were spend by Obama on wars, bankers bailouts and political corruption ( Jul 31, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180731 : The Yellow Peril Comes to Washington by Philip Giraldi ( Jul 31, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180729 : Russians exposed a CIA spook who's implicated not only in Secret Agent Browder's war propaganda ( Jul 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180729 : Trump is being beaten down by the propaganda arm of the deep state (the MSM) but his tenacity is paying off. Already poles are indicating that the majority of people are not taken in by the charade ( Jul 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180729 : The Grand Illusion of Imperial Power ( Jul 27, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20180728 : Alex Krainer's book. It is a devastating critique of Browder, ( Jul 28, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180728 : How my book unmasking Bill Browder was censored by Amazon by Alex Krainer ( Oct 05, 2017 , thesaker.is )
- 20180727 : America's Allies Against Russia Iran, by Eric Zuesse - The Unz Review ( Jul 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180727 : Financial Times: Chinese Officials "Awed" by Trump's "Skill as a Strategist and Tactician" ( Jul 27, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20180725 : US-Russia-China triangle in flux, again ( Jul 25, 2018 , blogs.rediff.com )
- 20180724 : How think tanks sell war... ( Aug 18, 2017 , ronpaulinstitute.org )
- 20180724 : Browder is one of those nine Russian oligarchs who stole hundreds of billions from Russia, helped by the drunken buffoon Yeltsin and a battery of Wall Street financial sharpies who also filled their pockets. ( Jul 24, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180724 : Is Bill Browder the Most Dangerous Man in the World by Philip Giraldi ( Jul 24, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180724 : Helsinki Secrets by Israel Shamir ( Jul 24, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180724 : Leaked Netanyahu Tape We Made Trump Cancel The Iran Deal by Tyler Durden ( Jul 18, 2018 , www.defenddemocracy.press )
- 20180723 : the CIA is the armed wing of Washington s permanently governing technocratic party, in the same way the KGB was the armed wing of the Soviet Communist Party. ( Jul 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180723 : Usage Examples of Our Intelligence Community, with Implications ( Jul 20, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20180723 : American Pravda The Bolshevik Revolution and Its Aftermath, by Ron Unz - The Unz Review ( Jul 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180723 : The American Dream Has Been Irreparably Broken by William Hanna ( Jul 23, 2018 , www.globalresearch.ca )
- 20180723 : "Summitgate" screaming comes not only from the US mainstream, but also from that European elite ( Jul 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180723 : Muslim population of Russia ( Jul 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180723 : Those people who still think Trey Gowdy is some sort of great conservative warrior are about as annoying as those who still do not realize that Steve Bannon is nothing but a bloviating, Deep State douchebag. ( Jul 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180723 : US diplomats act like imperial governors riding roughshod over sovereignty of national governments by John Laughland ( Jul 19, 2018 , www.rt.com )
- 20180723 : MK-DELTABURKE ( Jul 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180723 : 'Perpetual War' Explained In 140 Seconds ( Jul 23, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180723 : Obama married the neocons to the humanitarian bombers to the SJWs. It s a powerful bond. ( Jul 23, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180723 : Brennan, Hayden, Panetta, Morell, might well be children of parents who supported Joseph McCarthy ( Jul 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180722 : Trump Trips, But He's Right On Russia. Our Ruling Class Is Crazy. Remember The Romanovs! by John Derbyshire ( Jul 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180722 : Mass Dementia in the Western Establishment by Diana Johnstone ( Jul 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180721 : Either Trump Fires These People Or The Borg Will Have Won ( Jul 21, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180720* Doubting The Intelligence Of The Intelligence Community by Ilana Mercer ( Jul 20, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180720 : The reception of the Trump- Putin meeting is breathtaking. I have in my 61 years never witnessed such a hate and slander in the MSM ( Jul 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180720 : Mrs. Clinton, who was criminally negligent with regard to the most important classified information, has been protected by the politicking Brennan, Clapper, and Mueller ( Jul 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180720* Is President Trump A Traitor Because He Wants Peace With Russia by Paul Craig Roberts ( Jul 20, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180720 : US diplomats act like imperial governors riding roughshod over sovereignty of ( Jul 20, 2018 , ronpaulinstitute.org )
- 20180719 : The Magnitsky Hoax by Philip Giraldi ( Jun 28, 2016 , www.unz.com )
- 20180719 : Iraqi protesters blame 'bad government, bad roads, bad people' by Patrick Cockburn ( Jul 17, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180719 : Two Keywords For US Imperialism Justification And Plausibility ( Jul 19, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180719 : Putin wants Trump to extradite McFaul -- the architect of White color revolutioon (2011-2012) in Russia ( Jul 19, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180719 : Yes, We Should Call Them Imperialists by Paul Gottfried ( Jul 19, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180719 : Strzokgate is a documentary proof that key elements of the U.S. intelligence community were trying to short-circuit the US democratic process ( Jan 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180719 : Rather than yell at the top of one's lungs "Fake News" when they read a mainstream or alternative media story, and immediately discount everything, people ought look CRITICALLY at the facts, consider any bias, read other sources on the issue, and then draw their own conclusions ( Jul 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180719 : Lies About Putin and Syria by Ilana Mercer ( Jul 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180718 : The Russian elite realized that they could lose their money and houses anytime – not in godless Putin's Russia, but in the free West, where they had preferred to look for refuge. The Magnitsky Act paved the road to the Cyprus confiscation of Russian deposits, to post-Crimean sanctions and to a full-fledged Cold War by Israel Shamir ( June 20, 2016 , www.unz.com )
- 20180718 : National (In)Security by Rajan Menon ( Jul 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180718 : Syria and geopolitics of oil ( Jul 18, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180718 : After the press conference the usual anti-Trump operatives went ballistic ( Jul 18, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180718 : Deconstructing Bill Browder's Dangerous Deception Alex Krainer: with review by The Saker ( Aug 18, 2017 , thesaker.is )
- 20180718 : How Trump Tries To Rebalance The Global Triangle ( Jul 18, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180718 : Many young Iranians may be thinking the grass is greener on the other side of the fence and with a concerted Israeli/US propaganda effort may attempt to climb through. I guess if they do, they will find themselves in a paddock similar to Ukraine named Rump Iran. ( Jul 18, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180717 : Doesn't the Universe work in such a way that *good* is constitutionally unable to successfully confront *evil* ( Jul 17, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180717 : Mass hysteria is exactly what it is, because it threatens their gravy train that comes from money taken by force from taxpayers. the citizens voted against the establishment, and the establishment is fighting back along with their MSM cronies. ( Jul 17, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180717 : Sic Semper Tyrannis Editorial - China hacked Clinton s e-mail ( Jul 17, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180717 : All the post WWII wars were done in the same way: demonizing leaders, defending democracy , false flag ops. ( Jul 17, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180716 : A Trump Foreign Policy by Dimitri K. Simes ( Jun 20, 2018 , nationalinterest.org )
- 20180716 : The Racial Realignment of American Politics by Patrick McDermott ( Jul 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180715 : Effect of the US TV on a parrot ( Jun 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180715 : If history is any precedent, empires without economic foundations, sooner or later crumble, especially when rising regional powers are capable of replacing them. ( Jul 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180715 : Russia studying possible oil-for-goods deal with Iran - Novak ( Jul 15, 2018 , uk.reuters.com )
- 20180715 : Anglos don't value direct warfare, so they don't care if another military has better tech. Anglos realized a long time ago it is much less costly to just play divide and conquer to defeat a more powerful adversary by getting other countries to do the fighting. ( Jul 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180715 : Election promises are always face in a neoliberal empire. They are always elements of bait and switch game with electorate ( Jul 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180715 : Reasons Trump Breaks Nuclear-Sanction Agreement with Iran, Declares Trade War with China, and Meets with North Korea by James Petras ( May 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180715 : Forensic evidence has already proven that the data on the DNC server was downloaded on a USB thump drive. ( Jul 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180715 : Trump Marches Onward and Downward, by James Petras - The Unz Review ( Jul 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180714 : McMaken The Military Is A Jobs Program... For Immigrants Many Others ( Jul 14, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180714 : Trump Marches Onward and Downward, by James Petras - The Unz Review ( Jul 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180714 : Rediscovering the Art of Diplomacy With Vladimir Putin by Ted Galen Carpenter ( Jul 14, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180714 : Is Washington Playing Iran's Useful Idiot in Syria The American Conservative ( Jul 13, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180713 : Brennan insinuations are related to attempts to preserve the American empire ( Jul 13, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180713 : Trump, Putin, Marine Le Pen, the AfD, and a variety of other globalist-hating Hitler-alikes form "the Alliance of Authoritarian and Reactionary States" (the "AARS ) conspired to disband the European Union and NATO by C.J. Hopkins ( Jul 13, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180712 : Challenging Chait s Paradigm by Hunter DeRensis ( Jul 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180711 : War is not the opposite of peace, 'security' is the opposite of peace ( Jul 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180711 : Why Trump's Iran Isolation Plan May Backfire by Ron Paul ( Jul 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180711 : Space Command is About to Launch! by Philip Giraldi ( Jul 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180711 : Angry Bear " Bombing for Votes Public opinion shifts during the Iraq war and implications for future conflicts by Jeff Soplop ( Jul 09, 2018 , angrybearblog.com )
- 20180711 : Trump Slams NATO Pay 2 percent Of GDP IMMEDIATELY Or Even 4 percent ( Jan 11, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180711 : Senator McConnell always conjures the image and mannerisms of Colonel Sanders (ala Kentucky Fried Chicken) ( Jul 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180711 : Pompeo's Breathtaking Arrogance by Daniel Larison ( Jul 11, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180710 : A Neoconservative Plan for Punishing Iran, by Philip Giraldi - The Unz Review ( Jul 10, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : 'Pay Up You NATO Deadbeats or Else!' by Eric Margolis ( Jul 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : American Pravda Post-War France and Post-War Germany, by Ron Unz - The Unz Review ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : Some feelings toward Wall Street ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : July 4th and What It Really Means for Us by Boyd D. Cathey ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : Leaked Chinese Memo Warns Of Thucydides Trap ( Jul 07, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180709 : My own observation is that most of the projected U.S./Russian and U.S./Chinese confrontations would involve very extended lines of communication in the case of U.S. forces. ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : Another bait and switch ? ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : WPOP fielded by the Unv of Maryland might be preferable to the polls like Pew ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : Israel supported Al Qaeda in Syria: Former Mossad Chief ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : Heated Debate: Kevork Almassian vs. FSA opposition representatives ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : CIA Plots Iran Coup Partners With Terrorist Group ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.antiwar.com )
- 20180709 : anarchyst ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : I do not recall seeing any U.S. followup to the (Vincennes) atrocity ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : Charles Krauthammer: Finally they are hitting targets power plants, fuel depots, bridges, airports, television transmitters that may indeed kill the enemy and civilians nearby ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : "Joshua Ryne Goldberg, a 20-year old living at his parents' house in US state of Florida, is accused of posing online as "Australi Witness," an IS supporter who publicly called for a series of attacks against individuals and events in western countries. ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : Pancake theory weakness: It is impossible that floors above break floors below and continue breaking them up to the ground level. If the floors below disintegrate, then the floors above also disintegrate. ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : The myth of Jewish "superintellegnce" as a part of Zionism set of myths ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : Gilad Atzmon: The Cognitive Elite of Jewish History ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : On the subject of Jews celebrating the death of others, I have seen photos of them gaily cooking Rachel Corrie pancakes to celebrate the death of the American student they brutally crushed to death with a tractor in occupied Palestine. ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180708 : The Doctrine of 'Superior People', by James Petras ( Jul 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180708 : American Exceptionalism = National Narcissism ( Jul 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180708 : Russia Joins The Global Trade War ( Jul 08, 2018 , oilprice.com )
- 20180708 : francis scott ( Jul 08, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180708 : A 29-year-old clerical employee in the Escondido City Manager's Office was forced out of his job this week after city officials learned he operates an anti-Semitic website and is active in a movement that blames Jews for the 9/11 terror attacks ( Jul 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180707 : The recent Zionist behaviour toward Palestinians is nothing new ( Jul 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180707 : Since the model for apartheid is South Africa's segregating large parts of its population by pushing people of common race or ethnicity into Bantustans and restricting their rights in the rest off South Africa it is easy to see why Israel's treatment of Palestinians is compared to Apartheid ( Jul 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180707 : Israel is and always has been a racist ethnocracy, i.e., a political structure in which the state apparatus is appropriated by a dominant ethnic group to further its interests, power and resources. In short, apartheid ( Jul 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180707 : When the country is in US crosshears the elite of this country should better washet out: color revolutions has thier own dynamic and after they are lauchend it is more difficult to stop them that to at the very begnning. Also in such cases, as EuroMaydan has shown, an importnat role is played by turncoats with the goverment ( Jul 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180707 : ChuckOrloski ( Jul 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180707 : Correcting the historical record is not being a "fanboy" of anyone. The teaching and interpretation of history has far reaching consequences for the people, and its precisely the distortion and falsification of said history which leads to its mass manipulation ( Jul 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180707 : Hidden History: The Secret Origins of the First World War. ( Jul 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180707 : All social orders and hierarchies are imagined, they are all fragile, and the larger the society, the more fragile it is. The crucial historical role of religion has been to give superhuman legitimacy to these fragile structures ( Jul 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : It not that Congress is a solid supported of Israel it is that Israel is a solid supporter of the US foreign policy ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : Ralph Peters is a nice example of the nuttiest neocons around ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : If Ukraine drifts into chaos, its neighbors, being aware of its history of extreme violence and atrocity are preparing themselves for the spillover ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : Pathological lust for political power which afflicted so many is in itself a good indication of a borderline disorder. ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : The argument for creationism as far as I've heard it posited, is that our earth was 'seeded' with the DNA molecule, (as presumably other planets throughout the universe were as well), and that this was done by some intelligent (or otherwise deliberate) agent. (G0d?) ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : I am pretty sure without WWII there would be no 1991. ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : Putin conversion from atheist to a believer ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : An interesting variation of anti-Putin propaganda in blogs ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : Russian army usually outperform Russian economy ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : Russia's history is a bit more complex than some Manichean struggle between evil Jews and noble Russian Orthodox Christians. ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : Russia, the Neoconservatives, and the Real Issues Involved by Boyd D. Cathey ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : Svidomite (Ukrainian nationalist anti-Russian view) has gotten greater academic play in US russian studies ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : Russian "neoliberals" both grant-supported and ones that are not is a separate animal altogether ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : I believe that sexual attraction to the same gender, as well as a desire to change one's gender, are symptoms of mental disorder. ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : Russophobs and neocons are not crazy: they are cynical people without scruples working for money ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : The crisis of neoliberal society and American Empire is systemic and neocons are only are only one, however important, part of that. ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : American military record of imperial adventures in second half of XX-early XXI century, once one discounts this turkey shoot of incompetent Iraq military in the Gulf Wars, is rather dismal. ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : David R. Henderson on the Effects of War ( Jul 06, 2018 , scotthorton.org )
- 20180706 : The top levels of the USM pyramid know well the limits of the neoliberal box they've gotten themselves into. They've built the wrong force structure for the world as it is and will be. ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : But I do not think the neocons are ideologues unless lawless disregard for humanity in search of profit, is an ideology. ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : Something about Richard Pipes ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : New PNAC formed. Called the Renew Democracy Initiative (RDI) ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : Are terms "neocon" and "Jew" synonyms ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : Cannot see much difference between neocons and Deep State ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : Geopolitical geo-economic challenges that the US West faces compels even good old-fashioned Anglo-Imperialists to say nasty things about Russia. ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : Are there certain things that can't be questioned in a given society, without the risk of destruction of this society? ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180705 : SNAFU! Dr. Phillip Karber on the Russian Way of War (MUST WATCH VIDEO!!!!) ( Jul 05, 2018 , www.snafu-solomon.com )
- 20180705 : We are an empire now ( Jul 05, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180704 : Secret U.S. Wars Endanger Africa ( Jul 04, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180703* Russia has a lot of information about Lybia that could dig a political grave for Hillary. They did not release it ( Jul 03, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180703* Corruption Allegations are one of the classic tools in the color revolution toolbox ( Jul 03, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180703 : With some exceptions Putin practices "national neoliberalism" in Russia ( Jul 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180703 : One day the world will realize how close we've come to WW III in the period between 2015/2020. An extended version of the Cuban missile crisis, if you will, but this time with only one statesman participating in this conundrum, the president of the Russian Federation, H.E. Mr. V.V. Putin. ( Jul 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180703 : Lots of people pretended to be persecuted just to get freebees in the US and elsewhere ( Jul 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180703* When you see some really successful financial speculator like Soros or (or much smaller scale) Browder, search for links with intelligence services to explain the success or at least a part of it related to xUSSR space , LA and similar regions ( Jul 03, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180703 : No one actually has to act against US shale - it s something of a pretender in the real oil world anyway, and this has long been commented upon ( Jul 03, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180703 : Clearly the reason for the Trump-Putin summit should be obvious to all by now ( Jul 03, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180703 : No Fifth Column in the Kremlin Think again by The Saker ( Jun 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180703 : Guerrero ( Jul 03, 2018 , mexico-nostalgia.net )
- 20180703 : Well, internal subversion of the regime, is an old already tried game. Hasn't the US been attempting to do precisely that for 40 years now, ever since the revolution overthrew the Shah ( Jul 03, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180703 : On The Path To Failure - US Attempts Violent Regime Change In Iran ( Jul 03, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180703 : Just over a year ago, supposed Wikileaks source Seth Rich was assassinated ( Jul 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180703 : Trump's "Infrastructure" Plan: Pump Up the Pentagon by William Hartung ( Jul 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180628 : How America's Wars Fund Inequality at Home by Stephanie Savell ( Jun 28, 2018 , www.tomdispatch.com )
- 20180628 : If Putin's behavior in the near abroad makes him a "thug," what can we say about Bush, Obama and Trump? ( Jun 28, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180628 : More trade with Russia makes subjugation of Russia impossible ( Jun 28, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180628 : At War With Ourselves The Domestic Consequences of Foreign Policies ( Jun 28, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180628 : The neocons believe in only two things. First, that the United States is the sole world superpower, given license by something like a Divine Entity to exercise global leadership by force if necessary ( Jun 28, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180628 : China's Port In Sri Lanka's Is Good Business - The NYT's Report On It Is Propaganda ( Jun 28, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180628 : What is John Bolton s role in Trump s ME drama? ( Jun 28, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180627 : Putin is rather philo-semitic ( Jun 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180627 : Disclaimer ( Jun 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180627 : How Washington Has Lost Its Way ( Jun 27, 2018 , www.strategic-culture.org )
- 20180627 : Holmes, Uncle Clunk, and and Epic Con Job, by Fred Reed - The Unz Review ( Jun 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180627 : jilles dykstra ( Jun 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180627 : Iranian condensate will most likely replace US condensate to China as much as possible. ( Jun 27, 2018 , peakoilbarrel.com )
- 20180624 : Israel and the status of Jews in the USA ( Jun 24, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180618 : The next year the strategic position of Ukraine might get worse ( Jun 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180613 : Note on Us strategy ( Jun 13, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180429 : Rules of war propaganda are fully applicable to Western Syria war coverage ( Apr 29, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180425 : The Zionists are very much like the CIA: they work secretly, scheming and planning their ugly machinations in the shadows for selfish gain. ( Apr 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180422 : Yeah. Sociopath. Gives me the shivers. Bill is the same, but conceals it better. ( Apr 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180421 : CIA, MI6 and rebels: Rebels can be genuine protesters but they will brutally used by CIA and MI6 for nefarious purposes ( Apr 21, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20180416 : Israeli lobby and the US foreign policy ( Apr 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180415* The Trump Regime Is Insane by Paul Craig Roberts ( Apr 13, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180411 : Is Theresa May as more evil than Hillary Clinton? ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180409 : The West has a strategy to support an insurgency using the leftovers and Kurds ( Apr 09, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180404 : A Special Relationship Born in Hell, by Philip Giraldi ( Apr 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180327 : how do you reform the Secret Police? ( Mar 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180323 : In a way Ukraine stepped on the same rake twice: once in 1991 and the second time in 2014. That's unforgivable ( Mar 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180302 : Si>nce 1980th, very little has been done by US Federal Government for the benefit of the common citizen. A great deal has been done to facilitate the degradation of the standard of living of common citizen by the global one percent and by the costs of maintaining global neoliberal empire ( Aug 20, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180227 : What is a crime and what is not ( Feb 27, 2018 , theconservativetreehouse.com )
- 20180225 : Kettle called pot blac: McFaul calls for branding RT foreign agent over involvement in the USA Presidential elections ( www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180218 : Both agencies were complicit in the most infamous assassinations and false flag episodes since the Kennedy/MLK Vietnam days. Don't forget Air America CIA drug running and Iran/Contra / October Surprise affairs. ( Feb 18, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180208* Try Googling Riggs Bank – a lot of interesting information emerges, on matters such as their involvement with Prince Bandar. So, what we are dealing with is a joint Anglo-American attempt to create a comprador oligarchy who could loot Russia s raw materials resources ( Feb 08, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171231* How America Spreads Global Chaos by Nicolas J.S. Davies ( Oct 30, 2017 , consortiumnews.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171230 : The recent blather in the "Conservative" Commentariat that Haley is looking like Presidential material. God help us all ( Dec 30, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171230 : Not a single officer resigned in protest despite the fact that the US is deeply in bed with ISIS and those who are responsible, at least according to the official conspiracy theory, for 9/11 ( Dec 30, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171228* How CrowdStrike placed malware in DNC hacked servers by Alex Christoforou ( Dec 28, 2017 , theduran.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171222 : At one point inhistory Ru>ssians were americanophiles. No longer by Anatoly Karlin ( Dec 22, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171222* When Sanity Fails - The Mindset of the Ideological Drone by The Saker ( Dec 22, 2017 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171205 : Further sabotage of the Iran deal would not bring success -- only embarrassment ( Sep 14, 2015 , The Guardian )
- 20171122 : Here is an analysis of how much Israel spent to influence USA elections ( Nov 22, 2017 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20171108 : More 'Fake News,' Alas, From the New York Times The American Conservative by Andrew J. Bacevich ( Nov 08, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20171021 : Washington Funds Foreign Think Tanks That Blacklist Opponents of Neocon Foreign Policy by Ron Paul ( Oct 21, 2017 , ronpaulinstitute.org )
- 20171017 : The Lobby British Style by Philip M. Giraldi ( Oct 17, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171011 : The Myths of Interventionists by Daniel Larison ( Oct 11, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20170924 : Trump allies see vindication in reports on Manafort wiretapping ( Sep 24, 2017 , www.msn.com )
- 20170905 : Should Tillerson Resign by Daniel Larison ( Aug 31, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20170819 : Vassal Aristocracies Increasingly Resist Control by US Aristocracy by Eric Zuesse ( Aug 14, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170804 : Is Trump's Russia Policy Being Hijacked ( Aug 04, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170730 : If Western Ukrainian nationalists armed squads would have entered Crimea, and it would have been just as bad as Donetsk, etc., with thousands killed. If you research the US/UK techniques used during the 1953 Iranian coup, you'll see that the 2013-14 Ukrainian coup was very close to being an exact duplicate. ( Jul 30, 2017 , nationalinterest.org )
- 20170728 : New victims of Ukrainian civil war. Nuland should be proud of her accomplishments and Obama for sure deserves his Novel Peace price now ( Jul 28, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20170726 : America or Israel by Philip Giraldi ( Jan 04, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170726 : The Economist How the Jews control Congress Eylon A. Levy The Blogs The Times of Israel ( Jul 26, 2017 , blogs.timesofisrael.com )
- 20170724 : Bill making it a federal crime to support BDS sends shockwaves through progressive community ( Jul 24, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170717* Tucker Carlson Goes to War Against the Neocons by Curt Mills ( Jul 14, 2017 , nationalinterest.org ) [Recommended]
- 20170716 : William Astore on War as Art and Advertising – Antiwar.com Blog ( Jul 12, 2017 , www.antiwar.com )
- 20170630 : What we see at present in Syria is war between USA and collaborators, as Israel, Germany, France and the Netherlands, against Russia, Assad and Iran, ( Jun 30, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170624* The Criminal Laws of Counterinsurgency by Todd E. Pierce ( Jun 24, 2017 , original.antiwar.com ) [Recommended]
- 20170624 : Ukraine had ceased to exist as an independent country in 2014, with arrival of Nuland (ziocon) and Brennan (the CIA) ( Jun 24, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170613 : Looks like the Saudis have pretty much bought us off with their ridiculously large arms purchases and other ways of sending their billions our way ( Jun 13, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170531 : Terror In Britain What Did The Prime Minister Know by John Pilger ( May 31, 2017 , www.informationclearinghouse.info )
- 20170505 : How to Bring Down the Elephant in the Room by the Saker ( Apr 16, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170417 : Clinton was always a sclezy dealer on word of whom only fool can rely ( Apr 17, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170412 : The danger Turkey poses to Russia in Syria ( Apr 12, 2017 , thesaker.is )
- 20170411 : Tulsi Gabbard: We need to learn from Iraq and Libya-wars that were propagated as humanitarian but actually increased human suffering many times over. ( Apr 11, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170311 : Whos Telling the Big Lie on Ukraine? ( Mar 11, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170129 : How Obama Framed Trump with Faux Mortgage Insurance Rate Decrease ( Jan 29, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20170109 : Amazon reviews of the book The Field of Fight How We Can Win the Global War Against Radical Islam and Its Allies by Lieutenant General (Ret.) Michael T. Flinn ( Jan 09, 2017 , www.amazon.com )
- 20161231 : What Happened to Obamas Passion ( Aug 06, 2011 , nytimes.com )
- 20161231 : I simply dont believe the Democrats would really be worse off with voters if they committed themselves to putting people back to work, policing Wall Street, throwing their weight behind a real public option in health care, making hedge fund managers pay the same tax rates as ordinary people, ending the pointless wars abroad, etc. ( Dec 31, 2016 , www.robustanalysis.net )
- 20161231 : Like Iraq WMD Fiasco, Russia Story Does Not Add Up ( Dec 30, 2016 , mishtalk.com )
- 20161230 : The Coup against Trump and His Military ( Dec 28, 2016 , www.unz.com )
- 20161205 : Government Warmongering Criminals Where Are They Now ( Jul 08, 2015 , The Ron Paul Institute for Peace and Prosperity )
- 20161120 : Rand Paul says he will oppose John Bolton and Rudy Giuliani for Secretary of State ( Nov 20, 2016 , rare.us )
- 20161119 : Trump and the Neoconservatives by Jon Basil Utley ( Nov 13, 2016 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20161115 : Over half of Ukraines population lives below poverty level ( Nov 15, 2016 , eadaily.com )
- 20161009 : Ukraine Is Going to Be a Big Problem for the Next U.S. President by Mark Pfeifle ( foreignpolicy.com )
- 20161008 : The United States as Destroyer of Nations by Daniel Kovalik ( www.counterpunch.org )
- 20160912 : Syria decision the latest blow to Obamas Middle East legacy ( Oct 30, 2015 , The Guardian )
- 20160904 : Our Warped Debates About War by Daniel Larison ( Sep 04, 2016 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20151224 : Obama s foreign policy goals get a boost from plunging oil prices ( The Washington Post )
- 20150808 : France to pay Russia under $1.31 billion over warships ( marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20150808 : France to pay Russia under $1.31 billion over warships ( marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20150808 : France to pay Russia under $1.31 billion over warships ( marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20150527 : Ukraine is now problem for both Russian and West, but West managed to score several points against Russia and do it relatively cheaply ( May 26, 2015 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20150523 : Ukraines Bloody Civil War No End in Sight ( Mar 31, 2015 , The National Interest )
- 20150510 : The New York Times does its government s bidding Here s what you re not being told about US troops in Ukraine ( May 09, 2015 , NYTimes.com )
- 20150404 : The majority of Maidan supporters are experiencing severe impoverishment instead of welfare bonanza from EU they expected ( marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20150403 : Were not cattle Kiev protesters throw manure at US embassy ( Apr 03, 2015 , offguardian )
- 20150301 : US Pushes For Escalation, Arms Kiev By Laundering Weapons Through Abu Dhabi ( Mar 01, 2015 , moonofalabama.org )
For the list of top articles see Recommended Links section
Zionists in the Bush Administration
The IASPS conference study group leader was a Zionist named Richard Perle, who attended as a
delegate from the American Enterprise Institute; while another Jewish neocon named Douglas
Feith attended as a representative of Feith and Zell Associates.
Both these individuals then emerged as key players in the Bush administration: Perle was
Chairman of George Bush's Defense Policy Board Advisory Committee, and Feith became Under
Secretary of Defense and the Pentagon's Policy Advisor.
They were joined by a long list of similarly Israel-first Zionists in the Bush
- Paul Wolfowitz, Deputy Defense Secretary and campaign advisor;
- Robert Satloff, US National Security Council Advisor;
- Rabbi Dov Zekheim, Under Secretary of Defense and Comptroller;
- Elliott Abrams, National Security Council Advisor;
- Marc Grossman, Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs;
- Richard Haass, Director of Policy Planning at the State Department and Director of
National Security Programs;
- Henry Kissinger, former Secretary of State, a Pentagon advisor who sat on the Pentagon's
Defense Policy Board;
- James Schlesinger, another Pentagon advisor who also sat on the Pentagon's Defense Policy
- Robert Zoellick, the US's Trade Representative;
- Mel Sembler, President of the Export-Import Bank of the United States;
- Israeli citizen Ari Fleischer, official White House spokesman;
- Joshua Bolten, Bush's Chief Policy Director;
- Steve Goldsmith, Senior Advisor to the President and domestic policy advisor;
- Mark Weinberger, the Assistant Secretary of the Treasury;
- Samuel Bodman, Deputy Secretary of Commerce;
- Bonnie Cohen, Under Secretary of State for Management;
- Ruth Davis, the Director of the Foreign Service Institute;
- Lincoln Bloomfield, Assistant Secretary of State for Political Military Affairs;
- Jay Lefkowitz, General Counsel of the Office of Budget and Management;
- David Frum, Bush's official White House speechwriter;
- Ken Melman, White House Political Director; and
- Brad Blakeman, White House Director of Scheduling.
The scene was now set: all they needed was an excuse to maneuver America into destroying
Iraq for the benefit of Israel, according to the plan which Perle and Feith had already helped
to map out.
"... That said, Germany's military readiness directly relates to the invasion threat from Russia Europe actually faces. I.e., ZERO. Washington should take note but of course it won't because there is no money in it for the American Merchants of Death. And the Generals inside the Pentagon just have too much fun fear-mongering about illusory existential enemies. ..."
"... As Politico recently reported, "an investigative committee of the German parliament -- the toughest instrument that lawmakers can use to probe government misdeeds -- is digging into how lucrative contracts from her ministry were awarded to outside consultants without proper oversight ..."
"... Yet another U.S. mirror image. Because that is exactly how inside baseball works in the Pentagon acquisition system. von der Leyen as a European Hack is no worse than the Washington / Pentagon Hacks on the other side of the Atlantic. Note, MIC lifer and Raytheon parasite Mark Esper currently sitting in the Big Seat in the Pentagon. You can be sure that DoD reform is way down on his bucket list. ..."
Meet Ursula von der Leyen, the new president-elect of the European Commission, the
executive branch of the European Union.
Like all those soon to occupy positions of power in the EU, von der Leyen did not run in the
recent European elections for the position she is about to hold. She did not participate in the
debates in front of various national electorates. But she was chosen -- after the elections --
by the political class in Brussels, ostensibly for her faith in and loyalty to the European
superstate, and personally to the German chancellor Angela Merkel.
Since 2013, von der Leyen has been the German defense minister. During that time,
a parliamentary report exposed German planes that can't fly and guns that don't shoot.
Fewer than a fifth of Germany's helicopters are combat ready. Luftwaffe revealed that most of
its 128 Typhoon jets were not ready to leave ground. All of Germany's six submarines
were out of commission.
report by the Rand Corporation , a think tank, revealed that it would take Germany a month
to mobilize in the case of a Russian invasion of the Baltic States. Von der Leyen is
very unpopular in the German army , but very popular with the Eurocrats.
She's a fervent supporter of a European army and a "United States of Europe" -- the
ultimate qualification for being president of the European Commission.
But there is more to the von der Leyen story. As Politico
recently reported , "an investigative committee of the German parliament -- the toughest
instrument that lawmakers can use to probe government misdeeds -- is digging into how lucrative
contracts from her ministry were awarded to outside consultants without proper oversight, and
whether a network of informal personal connections facilitated those deals."
The scent of corruption is a common element among those who are to hold key positions in the
European Union over the next few years. Josep Borrell, minister of foreign affairs for the
socialist government of Spain,
was fined 30,000 euros for insider trading. He is expected to hold the foreign policy post
in the European Commission.
Christine Lagarde, most recently chief of the IMF, was involved in the case of an
arbitration panel that awarded a massive payout to a French tycoon while she was the finance minister of
France. A special court for ministerial misconduct found her guilty of "negligence" but "waived
any punishment or criminal record, citing her 'international reputation' and role in dealing
with 'the international financial crisis.'" A marvelously L'état, C'est
Moi form of legal reasoning. Lagarde is expected to be the next president of the
European Central Bank.
The common threads of corruption, incompetence, and lack of accountability are what unites a
political class that has divorced itself from the concerns of the average European. In the last
days before her confirmation, von der Leyen pursued a charm offensive that included a commitment
to a "Green New Deal," a continuation of
an open borders policy , and a further deepening and enlargement of the European
superstate. This included the story of her having
offered hospitality to a Syrian immigrant who "now speaks German fluently."Emmanuel
Macron: Trade Wars for Me, But Not for Thee
Voters in Europe Just Smashed the Mainstream Establishment
Obviously von der Leyen would never have won the May elections running on an agenda like
that. But of course, she never had to run a campaign to win the votes of the peoples of Europe.
The campaign that she did run was premised on her having built "an extensive international
network in politics and business," as another Politico
story put it .
Von der Leyen thrived in the networking atmosphere of World Economic Forum meetings, where
she "serves on the organization's board of trustees," Politico noted, adding, "She's
also forged close ties to powerful figures outside the world of politics, most notably
Bertelsmann, Europe's largest media company, which owns RTL, the Continent's largest commercial
broadcaster, book publisher Random House and a stable of magazines."
A senior Green quoted for the article said her fluency in French has helped her establish a
rapport with the French political class that is unrivaled in Berlin.
It's clear that von der Leyen's domestic record appears to have had little effect on her
election -- what matters is that she is universally liked by the who's who. "What matters most
in these circles is the personal connection," said an adviser to the leader of one of the EU's
smaller member states.
Those who count and those who are to be ruled are not the same group of people. That seems
to be the essence of modern European politics: a political class and ideological cult that
masquerades as a competent technocratic elite, despite its long and disastrous history. Von der
Leyen's terrible record as defense minister meant nothing. Neither did Lagarde's record as head
of the IMF, where, for instance, the Greek debt crisis was transformed into a social
catastrophe. The deciding factor was their dedication to something that "those who count" are
committed to. Elections are merely a necessary, archaic ritual of legitimization.
Napoleon Linarthatos is a writer based in New York.
10 hours ago
On Monday 22 July 1940, a major meeting was held at the Reich Economic Ministry in Berlin,
under the chairmanship of Minister Walther Funk, to discuss a directive issued by Hermann
Göring on 22 June, concerning the organization of a Greater European Economic Area under
German leadership. The Germans were well advanced with their plans for a post-war settlement.
One of the difficulties of planning lay in the fact that the Führer's aims and decisions
were not yet known and the military measures against Britain were not yet concluded.
10 hours ago
Plus ça change........
What? A techno-managerial clique ruling the rest of us Great Unwashed (see "Deplorables")? It
couldn't happen here, could it? It's OK if they went to the right schools, isn't it?
10 hours ago
Too much use if the word disastrous. Disastrous is what Wilhelm II did to the German empire.
This is not disastrous, but it is concerning like a rudderless ship.
7 hours ago
Today's Holy Roman Empire.
7 hours ago
Voltaire's comment back then still rings true."It was neither Holy, Roman nor an
Don't be asinine. Russia is not going to invade anything and has no claim on any part of
western Europe. The only thing the German military is good for is for sucking up additional
6 hours ago
Another report by the Rand Corporation, a think tank, revealed that it would take Germany
a month to mobilize in the case of a Russian invasion of the Baltic States.
For the sake of completeness, the Rand Corporation is actually a marketing arm of the
Pentagon fully funded by the U.S. government.
That said, Germany's military readiness directly relates to the invasion threat from
Russia Europe actually faces. I.e., ZERO. Washington should take note but of course it won't
because there is no money in it for the American Merchants of Death. And the Generals inside
the Pentagon just have too much fun fear-mongering about illusory existential
Of course that does not dismiss the charges of cronyism and corruption associated with
Ursula von der Leyen. But re:
But there is more to the von der Leyen story. As Politico recently reported, "an
investigative committee of the German parliament -- the toughest instrument that lawmakers
can use to probe government misdeeds -- is digging into how lucrative contracts from her
ministry were awarded to outside consultants without proper oversight , and whether a
network of informal personal connections facilitated those deals."
Yet another U.S. mirror image. Because that is exactly how inside baseball works in
the Pentagon acquisition system. von der Leyen as a European Hack is no worse than the
Washington / Pentagon Hacks on the other side of the Atlantic. Note, MIC lifer and Raytheon
parasite Mark Esper currently sitting in the Big Seat in the Pentagon. You can be sure that
DoD reform is way down on his bucket list.
The real story is that taxpayers on both NATO poles are played for chumps by the Power
Disqus is a discussion network
- Disqus never moderates or censors. The rules on this community are its own.
- Don't be a jerk or do anything illegal. Everything is easier that way.
Read full terms and
John Andris •
2 hours ago ,
7 hours ago ,
Fukuyama a "great scholar"? Bahahahahaha
2 days ago ,
After the cold war ended in the 1990s the US quickly became the worlds leading police
state with mass incarceration, more of its own people in jail and prison then any nation in
the history of mankind. Who are we now to preach about freedom to the world ?
2 days ago ,
When dollar and yanks are gone,peace and prosperity will come
2 days ago ,
The primary weaknesses of liberal democracy and the capitalist order come from the
decisions made by voters and captains of industry. When political and economic freedom create
impoverishment, income disparity, racial strife, and nationalist xenophobia, the fruits of a
free society die on the vine. I see the Yahoo News elderly guys and the Russian trolls are
mystified by this obvious state of world affairs.
2 days ago • edited ,
One of the silliest pieces TNI has ever published.
15 hours ago ,
Through our words and deeds, America demonstrates a positive alternative to political and
A negative alternative.
2 days ago ,
The problem is that for many decades american "words" contradict american "deeds", and the
whole world can easily see american double standards. That's why american "alternative" is
negative, not positive. As an example (one of 100s) we can remember that famous 1939 phrase
"Somoza may be a son of a b.., but he's our son of a b..."
2 days ago • edited ,
This article shows why America will lose eventually. It sill believes that ideals of human
rights and democracy are good.
They are not. As a matter of fact they are source of most evil in this world. America
creates its own enemies, so they will never end.
2 days ago ,
Institutionalized group-think is the Great Enemy of any Empire. It leads to complacency
and a refusal to see the world as it really it, and to view oneself as uniquely gifted and
therefore exceptional and eternal.
Eventually this will become the prevailing wisdom in post-hegemony US just as it became so
in post-Empire Britain or post-Soviet Russia.
3 days ago ,
Lets see, mistakes:
Iraq war, Kosovo war, NATO enlargement, let Russia economy crushed at 90's. Let Libya
completely, Syria partially destroyed. Become arrogent see non-western nations low. Etc.
We can tell post cold-war is about "end of freedom commercial" and get real "wild
capitalism." China was mis-calculation. They decided to use it as cheap workforce and a
not-formal colony which ended surprisingly otherwise.
All above talk is a naive try to turn back "freedom commercial" days. Best thing USA can
teach now, how to kill people in every imaginable way.
2 days ago ,
The post Cold War worst mistake of US was the EU enlargement, Russia could have become
less paranoid and nationalist and perhaps a more solid democratic culture would have been
Gary Sellars •
a day ago ,
"Democracy" is simply the rule of a small elite minority of organised people over a much
greater majority of disorganised people. Russian "democracy" delivers what its people want to
the same degree as US "democracy". In fact, judging by Putins much higher domestic approval
numbers that the Trumpster, I'd say it delivers more...
2 days ago ,
Democracy" is simply the rule of a small elite minority of organised people over a much
greater majority of disorganised people. This is "oligarchy", not "democracy", the regime
that is running in Russia,China,NK and similar heavens of dictators.
a day ago ,
We will never have a democratic culture. We despise that system too much.
3 days ago ,
Oh well, no problem if you not like democracy. you can live everyday with police that can
arrest you at midnight, like in old Soviet times.
Gary Sellars •
3 days ago ,
"The result was an economic boom, a wave of democratization, and victory in an existential
struggle against Communism without yet another great-power global war. "
Victory? I assume you guys are aware that the Chinese are Communists?
Surely you didn't think that global completion over ideology and nationhood was resolved
in the Cold War? That was just a single geopolitical skirmish, one game in a whole season. It
ain't over till it over.... and its ain't done by a long shot.
Donald Smith •
2 days ago • edited ,
"...are Communists?" Labels don't mean anything. They're huge, getting richer, have an
historically motivated chip on their shoulder and want to assume the place in the world,
particularly Asia, they feel is their due. They are sensitive to their public's opinion That
we have a buffoon in charge is certainly an impediment; we're still involved in 'unforced
error' wars the last appointed, incurious executive began as
Walter Tseng •
3 days ago ,
China is hard to classify in the traditional sense. Its government is what we would call
"Communist", but its ruling ethos is essentially Confucianist , its social ideology is
Socialist, but it uses market economics, mercantilism and Capitalism to generate wealth and
pay for it all.
The Chinese are not fools. They have taken the best aspects of many ideologies and wielded
them into a system that seems to work well for them. What Americans might feel about it is
3 days ago ,
Whether realizing or not, the author, quoting the National Security Strategy report of
2018, ironically described the US to a T when they wrote "For today, the dictator (the US)
may be your friend, but tomorrow he will need you as an enemy (China)". & "... (the US)
seek lifetime tenure (hegemony), expanding territories (bases) total authority (MAGA) &
The philanthropic & much admired champion has grown into an ugly dictator, bending the
world to its will through soft & strong power. The global revulsion towards the misuse of
hegemonic muscle is what caused the US to lose its place in the Global Order! Simple as
To this panglossian peaen to the American imperial system and its promotion of democracy,
human freedom and all other nice things against the dark forces represented by those other
guys like Russia and China, let us consider a reality of American foreign policy that belies
this tripe: US support of Saudi Arabia from 1945 to the present moment. I suggest that if any
of what this writer proposes we believe is true about the motives underlying US foreign
policy, then the theocratic and medieval regime Saudi Arabia would no longer exist. Yet it
continues to exist and is a valued partner of America.
"... Hudson may be hinting at this with his de-dollarization strategy suggest of "Deprivatization and buyouts of US assets abroad." ..."
July 22, 2019 at 10:35 am
Perhaps the most immediately effective strategy for effecting a realignment of the global
economy, ending the US pursuit of global military hegemony and the other planet threatening
practices of the US and Western plutocracy would be for other countries to follow the
historical precedent set by the United States in its Lend Lease dealings with Great Britain
as detailed in Hudson's Super Imperialism :
Britain was near the end of its financial tether. Its gold and dollar reserves had
fallen to $1 billion by September 1940, when it nationalized the overseas investments of
its large corporations and put them up for sale abroad. (p. 119)
(I am assuming Britain didn't do this voluntarily.) Hudson may be hinting at this with his
de-dollarization strategy suggest of "Deprivatization and buyouts of US assets abroad."
This would expose the whole rotten edifice of Western finance capitalism, perhaps provoking a
dangerous planet suicidal response. But one or two shots over the bow would be far more
effective in curbing the wealth addiction and predatory propensities of the West's plutocracy
than Trump's tariffs.
It would also provide the Western money worshipping public with a
powerful lesson they need a better definition of wealth than the price of stocks.
vk , Jul 22
2019 11:50 utc |
Latest desperate attempt to trigger a color revolution in Hong Kong:
Attack at Hong Kong Train Station Heightens Seething Tensions in City
William Gruff , Jul 22 2019 12:36 utc |
Damnit, folks, it is their job to say things that are wrong!
Herr Ringbone , Jul 22 2019 12:57 utc |
There is being wrong because one is missing some crucial information, or because one is
personally invested in a wrong narrative, but then there is being wrong because one is
deliberately trying to change a narrative to a false one for duty and profit.
The goings on in Hong Kong are so obviously a retry of the previous color revolution
attempt by the evil empire that it can be used as a reliable litmus test for who is carrying
water for the US State Department and Atlantic Council.
, Jul 22 2019 13:00 utc |
Yes, they 'feel encroached upon'. But honestly, their feelings in this matter are
delusional, and I mean that they are on the same level of delusion as the beliefs of those
involved in the Salem witch trials. Fantastic, community-wide, shared delusion.
It is hard for people to get their heads around the truth, because the narrative
universally starts from the assumption that 'China has been interfering', 'China hasn't kept
its word', etc.
And why not? It's China, right? It's a communist dictatorship. All those have to be safe
Except that they aren't; such assumptions are quite wrong. China has pretty much left Hong
Yes, many Hong Kongers believe that they are being oppressed by China. But the
belief is simply and literally delusional. Very badly so.
@ Posted by: aspnaz | Jul 22 2019 1:51 utc | 90
Herr Ringbone , Jul 22 2019 13:18 utc |
Your theory fails the empirical test. It's an abstraction akin to the "Sea Peoples" theory
about the end of the Late Bronze Age.
Hong Kong, even after receiving 2 million migrants (which should've risen it GDP
considerably), begun to stagnate in relation to the Mainland. Since 1997, it's grown on
average 30%-50% the Mainland's average annual GDP growth rate (it is now growing at a 3%
annual average -- half the Mainland's rate).
In 2017, Shenzhen surpassed Hong Kong in terms of "GDP".
The matter is simple: after the handover (1997), Hongkongers demanded to remain
capitalist. The "One country, two systems" deal was a Hongkonger condition to go back to
China. At the time, it seemed like a wise decision: China was still a poor country, and there
was no signal Deng Xiaoping's reforms would be able to get out of the "middle income
They simply bet on the wrong horse: Chinese socialism demonstrated more dynamism than
Soviet socialism and achieved an important breakthrough in the period that ranged from its
accession to the WTO in 2001 to the aftermath of the 2008 crisis in 2012 (when, e.g. Brazil
-- another country growing at an accelerated pace from 2005 to 2011 thanks to high
commodities' prices and was used as a counterexample to Chinese socialism's success --
We can attest this "bet on the wrong horse" theory by simply looking at the protesters'
face: most of them very young, probably born after 1997 or too young to remember pre-1997
Hong Kong. They didn't live during the British despotic and authoritarian rule; they waived
the colonial flag and called it freedom. They forgot they are already living the British
dream: Hong Kong is still capitalist to the bone -- and will be until 2047, as the deal
dictates (legal guarantee of deals is a basic principle of freedom, since it's a basic
principle of Rule of Law -- so I don't know why the protesters are complaining about it).
@ Posted by: Herr Ringbone | Jul 22 2019 12:15 utc | 126
This "Hongkonger is a nationality" is farce, a modern fabrication by the Western MSM. Hong
Kong was never a nation, and never will be a nation. The city proper doesn't even have a
source of potable water.
And you don't have to be unicultural to be a country; the same way, having a culture
doesn't entitle you to be a country. Culture doesn't equal country. This myth, that states
country borders are determined by cultural (specially, linguistic) differentiation is a
post-WWI fabrication, when the big imperialist powers had to find an excuse to partition the
Ottoman and Austro-Hungarian empires. Nobody outside Europe (and the Japanese) believes
In fact, China officially is a multi-ethnic nation, as it reiterated
in a recent white paper about the Uighur quesiton.
Posted by: vk | Jul 22 2019 13:00 utc | 137
Jonathan , Jul 22 2019 15:23 utc |
You are right. Hong Kongers effectively bet on the wrong horse. I mean, you can't really
blame them. Even Deng didn't realize how quickly China would grow.
Personally I think that Hong Kongers are having a very hard time, psychologically,
adjusting to the fact that Mainland Chinese are catching up or surpassing them in terms of
wealth. In the 1990s, they felt superior to other Chinese, and were secure in this
That's all finished now.
In fact, given that this current colour revolution falls flat and we get back to normal in
a couple of months, I predict that Hong Kongers themselves will beg for One Country, Two
Systems to be ended early in about fifteen years' time. By then, it will be clear to anyone
who isn't brain dead that 1C2S is harming the Hong Kong economy by preventing full
integration with China, and no one in HK will support it any more.
You'll see Chinese flags being waved enthusiastically all over the place, probably by a
lot of 37-year-olds who were once chucking bricks at the cops and yelling for 'independence'
People are like that.
@ Posted by: Herr Ringbone | Jul 22 2019 13:18 utc | 140
Nemesiscalling , Jul 22 2019 16:18 utc |
The lack of any productive industry is the fundamental economic problem with HK since
1997, and it's prior prosperity based on using itself as a main trade and investment gateway
into the Mainland is a short and one-time affair of the unique geopolitics of that era. HKers
who believe that privilege will last forever was naive to say the least, even when back in
Contrast with Singapore that insists on sustaining a sizable manufacturing base to the
point it's considered a top economic priority, albeit one where much of it is being owned by
Some posters are arguing that Hong Kongers are deluding themselves and that they should know
better and stop fighting assimilation into the Chinese system.
Talk about arrogance. Hey, Venezuelans should stop fighting the U.S. And kiss the ring! I
know what's good for them.
A good analogy for asserting our will over Hong Kong would be like trying to change the
nature of lemmings because we know what's best for them. Sure they commit ritualistic
suicide, but it is still their right and within their nature to do so.
Everything else equates to meddling and this is the stuff of absolute power and empire. A
far cry indeed from the ideals that most here espouse in every other circumstance. I am not
buying for a second that Hong Kongers don't have legitimate grievances with the concept of
being absorbed into China and that they are indeed airing them out for the world to see.
vk , Jul 21
2019 16:51 utc |
In Hong Kong, what we already suspected is now pretty much confirmed: there was an attempt
of a color revolution in the city:
Two of three men arrested over Hong Kong's biggest bomb plot, discovered on eve of major
anti-government protest, are members of pro-independence groups
The process was textbook hybrid warfare: first, they tried to do "mass peaceful protests"
in order to seek a violent police response (preferably, with some dead) so as to trigger a
chain reaction to topple the democratically elected government. The Chinese are not stupid
and ordered the police to not act violently. Then, they tried to storm the Legco in order to
provoke a violent response: the police was against smart, and used the "scorched earth"
tactic: the building was left empty and unprotected, so all that was left to the protesters
was to vandalize the building (which played against their image); the fact that some
blowhards waived the colonial flag also didn't help their image (good image is a conditio
sine qua non for a color revolution).
Carrie Lam then outsmarted the protesters further by killing the bill (which is not
essential to Mainland governance of Hong Kong either way). That further delegitimized the
continuation of the protests. We can even speculate here if this bill wasn't a bait used to
test the waters in Hong Kong.
As a last, desperate attempt by the protesters, they tried to besiege the police hq in
order to try to induce a massacre. That obviously didn't work.
And then, this came to light:
Hong Kong protesters 'went to Taiwan in June' to explore options for asylum
Those "protesters" are likely the heads of the color revolution attempt, almost surely on
the pockets of some NGO linked to Washington. They are now planning a fall back in order to
regroup. Taiwan is using this to consolidate itself even more as liberal Festung in
As I stated here before, a color revolution only works against a strong government when it
has the backup of the unconventional warfare (UW). Hong Kong is very susceptible to a color
revolution, but is inviable as an unconventional warfare theater. That's because it doesn't
have any sources of potable water -- which comes from the New Territories (the flatlands
directly above the city-peninsula).
Well, it seems the color revolutionaires are very aware of this fact:
Police use tear gas against protesters in heart of city, violence erupts in New
According to "Two masked male protesters", there's new reivindication in the agenda: they
want the dissolution of the government and new elections, to be decided by "popular vote"
(i.e. whoever is in the pockets of Washington).
vk , Jul 21
2019 17:10 utc |
Now even the Chinese government recognize the existence of the "Clash of Civilizations"
doctrine in the USA:
Promulgating the myth of "clash of civilizations" is stupid and dangerous
"... As Mael Colium says, the US picks off individual countries by isolating them. ..."
"... there's a fundamental difference between debt in the past and debt today. In the past debt was owed to the state, today it's owed to some wealthy corporations. Good luck with debt jubilees in the absence of violent uprisings. ..."
"... The difference is they internalize profit and externalize cost. And that's fundamentally different from all other epochs in the past. Even the birth of nation state was out of their rationalization of how to maximize profit extraction and cost externalization in the 1st place. Good luck with debt jubilees. ..."
"... How would this occur aside from a repudiation of the almighty buck one wonders, and would it be based on reserves in the vault, or actual use as money? ..."
"... The Eurozone and China could run trade deficits, thereby creating an opportunity for their currencies to become reasonably viable alternative reserves. But they don't because they don't want to cede control of their manufacturing and export-driven economic bases away. ..."
"... The sine qua non of our economic empire (which I learned here) is that a global currency requires global trade deficits, which must grow as quickly as the global economy to fulfill its role. ..."
"... So American deficits are structural. Our debt-ceiling controversies are theater. And our dollar is exceptional until the instant it isn't–then the Fed electron-tranfers trillions more to the speculators whose notional dollars just evaporated, keeping the currencies in the air with their new casino chips. Is this a loan? A gift? An electron cloud? It's the fog of war by other means . . . ..."
"... Resources and the critical health of the planet bother me a lot. Money and "gold" are, in the end, both fictitious obsessions. ..."
"... You'll find few authors willing to provide their seminal work for free online– 2nd Edition PDF . I think it fair for those unfamiliar with Hudson's work to read his analysis prior to being judgmental. ..."
"On a similar note, I've wondered why Russia has not defaulted on it's considerable USD and
EUR debt (also too, why is Russia still doing debt in USD and thus strengthening U.S.?)"
It should be noted that Russia has almost zero foreign public debt and that the private foreign
debt has been much reduced and now amounts to US dollars 450 billion.
As Russia has a surplus of more than US dollars 100 billion on the current account the total
foreign debt amounts to 4 years current account surplus only.
Ad to this that Russias international currency reserves amounts to ca. US dollars 500
billion which meens that Russia is in a very strong fiscal position as it is capable of paying
off its entire foreign debt any time it chooses.
Ian Perkins ,
July 21, 2019 at 9:16 am
Along the same lines, the summary starts with, "The first existential objective is to avoid the current threat of war by
winding down U.S. military interference in foreign countries and removing U.S. military bases as relics of neocolonialism."
Either would be
taken as proof of evil anti-US intentions, leading to sanctions, coups, assassinations,
regime change, and eventually outright war. As Mael Colium says, the US picks off individual
countries by isolating them.
Off The Street ,
July 21, 2019 at 9:19 am
Peripherally related MMT 2nd of
July 21, 2019 at 11:50 am
When we have MMT paying for arts, history, journalism and particularly editors, I won't be
so irritated by these kinds of criticisms.
We live in a very advanced world of Bernaysian propaganda where the communicative
industries are privately owned and directed to ensure deep criticisms of the
hyper-exploitative current reality CANNOT be published and promoted.
When someone takes the effort to produce something, like this or the book other commenters
on this thread are also slighting, at great personal expense to themselves without corporate
backing or institutional support, a decent reply would be "Thank you!", rather than tasking
them or our hosts here at this site to "go back and clean up this mess??"
If you had any decency, you might suggest clarifying edits in comments, like changing
"– so that it can taxing its own citizens." at the end of the 23rd paragraph to,
"– so that it can avoid taxing its own citizens", to help the people you are
criticizing for making things so difficult for you.
Jonathan Holland Becnel ,
July 21, 2019 at 1:43 pm
Michael Hudson is a modern day Saint! Who cares about a few typos when his ideas are truly REVOLUTIONARY!
For example, i had no idea about Debt Jubilees in early civilizations 3000 years ago! The
pyramids built by FREE MEN! Liberty and Freedom originating from canceling debts! Torches and
Beacons of light as representatives of said Debt Jubilees!
If you ask me, the #HudsonHawk is trying to awaken the Workers of the World in
Forgiveness, Peace, Love, and Solidarity.
July 21, 2019 at 3:27 pm
I didn't know that until I read anthropologist David Graeber's Debt: The First 5,000
But there's a fundamental difference between debt in the past and debt today. In the past
debt was owed to the state, today it's owed to some wealthy corporations. Good luck with debt
jubilees in the absence of violent uprisings.
July 21, 2019 at 5:20 pm
And those corporations get favorable rates on money printed by the government.. and the
government backs trillions in mortgage and student loans.
Not much different.
July 21, 2019 at 10:22 pm
The difference is they internalize profit and externalize cost. And that's fundamentally
different from all other epochs in the past. Even the birth of nation state was out of their
rationalization of how to maximize profit extraction and cost externalization in the 1st
place. Good luck with debt jubilees.
July 21, 2019 at 10:15 am
That is why Russia, China and other powers that U.S. strategists deem to be strategic
rivals and enemies are looking to restore gold's role as the preferred asset to settle
How would this occur aside from a repudiation of the almighty buck one wonders, and would
it be based on reserves in the vault, or actual use as money?
Keep in mind that there isn't a human alive now who ever proffered a monetized gold coin
in order to purchase something, and increasingly relatively few that have ever used a
monetized silver coin for the same purpose.
July 21, 2019 at 10:44 am
I don't have a huge amount of sympathy. The Eurozone and China could run trade deficits,
thereby creating an opportunity for their currencies to become reasonably viable alternative
reserves. But they don't because they don't want to cede control of their manufacturing and
export-driven economic bases away.
The US doesn't mind and doesn't care about the domestic repercussions. For how much longer
that can continue, especially as Trump's America First policy is putting that under
some strain, is an open question. But for now, it's willing to be satisfied with a little
rowing back rather than wholesale reversal (back to, for example, an immediate-post war
position of significant trade surpluses although the article is correct to point out this was
due to the US being the last man standing, in terms of having a manufacturing base still
The Eurozone and China are not only not showing any signs of a policy change, they've
continued embedding and strengthening the current modus operandi. You pays your money, you
takes your choices. Here as elsewhere. If they'd rather not have the US$ having a
more-or-less monopoly position in then global financial system as a reserve currency, they'll
need to make the compromises needed to set up these challenger currencies as viable
But they can't have their economic cakes and eat them, too.
And it's not just currencies. You need legal systems which are deemed to be (which can
only come through real, observational experience) investor-friendly -- not just prone to
supporting or at the very least given an easy ride to domestic stalwarts. Again, this has
repercussions if you then have to stop cosseting domestic "champions". The US legal system is
ridiculously business friendly. But it doesn't, overtly, differentiate between US and non-US
companies in a commercial dispute.
barefoot charley ,
July 21, 2019 at 11:31 am
The sine qua non of our economic empire (which I learned here) is that a global currency requires global trade
deficits, which must grow as quickly as the global economy to fulfill its role. Tell that to Germany! If your silly little euro or yen or renminbi tries to go
global, the dollar-based currency speculators will shrivel it like Soros did the pound in the
So American deficits are structural. Our debt-ceiling controversies are theater. And our
dollar is exceptional until the instant it isn't–then the Fed electron-tranfers
trillions more to the speculators whose notional dollars just evaporated, keeping the
currencies in the air with their new casino chips. Is this a loan? A gift? An electron cloud?
It's the fog of war by other means . . .
It may have been Hudson who explained that a quarter (or was it half?) of all corporate
profits after WWII went to American companies, when our economy was that much of the world's.
Now we're a much smaller fraction of the global economy, but our corporate sector still
profits as much as it did when it was producing, rather than marketing, real goods. Another
July 21, 2019 at 1:20 pm
Really all we know is that such a plan would create a different order. That so many
countries have continued to pauper their populations long after the obviousness that
"development" is a sham doesn't bode well for their intentions even after the USA is brought
July 22, 2019 at 5:20 am
Agreed. The likes of the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership are still under
negotiation and still, like every other multilateral investment agreement of recent vintage,
apparently primarily concerned with creating supranational rights for landlords, especially
of the absentee variety, at the expense of citizens in their collective capacity.
Susan the other` ,
July 21, 2019 at 2:30 pm
This is a good summary of our irrational world. MMT and the GND can save the situation but
only if we industrialized humans forego any more fossil fuels except for long-term survival
purposes. Ration it with draconian discipline. That in turn will discipline our military and
turn our energies to things we can no longer ignore. Money doesn't bother me much. Resources
and the critical health of the planet bother me a lot. Money and "gold" are, in the end, both
July 21, 2019 at 4:56 pm
Thanks for providing this transcript prior to Hudson posting it to his own website. He was
the first political-economist to lay out the Outlaw US Empire's game plan when he published
Super Imperialism: The Economic Strategy of American Empire in 1972.
You'll find few
authors willing to provide their seminal work for free online– 2nd Edition
PDF . I think it fair for those unfamiliar with Hudson's work to read his analysis prior
to being judgmental.
<img src="http://b.scorecardresearch.com/p?c1=2&c2=16807273&cv=2.0&cj=1" />
By Michael Hudson, a research professor of Economics at University of Missouri, Kansas City,
and a research associate at the Levy Economics Institute of Bard College. His latest book is
"and forgive them
their debts": Lending, Foreclosure and Redemption from Bronze Age Finance to the Jubilee
Year Keynote paper delivered at the 14th Forum of the World Association for Political
Economy, July 21, 2019
Today's world is at war on many fronts. The rules of international law and order put in
place toward the end of World War II are being broken by U.S. foreign policy escalating its
confrontation with countries that refrain from giving its companies control of their economic
surpluses. Countries that do not give the United States control their oil and financial sectors
or privatize their key sectors are being isolated by the United States imposing trade sanctions
and unilateral tariffs giving special advantages to U.S. producers in violation of free trade
agreements with European, Asian and other countries.
This global fracture has an increasingly military cast. U.S. officials justify tariffs and
import quotas illegal under WTO rules on "national security" grounds, claiming that the United
States can do whatever it wants as the world's "exceptional" nation. U.S. officials explain
that this means that their nation is not obliged to adhere to international agreements or even
to its own treaties and promises. This allegedly sovereign right to ignore on its international
agreements was made explicit after Bill Clinton and his Secretary of State Madeline Albright
broke the promise by President George Bush and Secretary of State James Baker that NATO would
not expand eastward after 1991. ("You didn't get it in writing," was the U.S. response to the
verbal agreements that were made.)
Likewise, the Trump administration repudiated the multilateral Iranian nuclear agreement
signed by the Obama administration, and is escalating warfare with its proxy armies in the Near
East. U.S. politicians are waging a New Cold War against Russia, China, Iran, and oil-exporting
countries that the United States is seeking to isolate if cannot control their governments,
central bank and foreign diplomacy.
The international framework that originally seemed equitable was pro-U.S. from the outset.
In 1945 this was seen as a natural result of the fact that the U.S. economy was the least
war-damaged and held by far most of the world's monetary gold. Still, the postwar trade and
financial framework was ostensibly set up on fair and equitable international principles. Other
countries were expected to recover and grow, creating diplomatic, financial and trade parity
with each other.
But the past decade has seen U.S. diplomacy become one-sided in turning the International
Monetary Fund (IMF), World Bank, SWIFT bank-clearing system and world trade into an
asymmetrically exploitative system. This unilateral U.S.-centered array of institutions is
coming to be widely seen not only as unfair, but as blocking the progress of other countries
whose growth and prosperity is seen by U.S. foreign policy as a threat to unilateral U.S.
hegemony. What began as an ostensibly international order to promote peaceful prosperity has
turned increasingly into an extension of U.S. nationalism, predatory rent-extraction and a more
dangerous military confrontation.
Deterioration of international diplomacy into a more nakedly explicit pro-U.S. financial,
trade and military aggression was implicit in the way in which economic diplomacy was shaped
when the United Nations, IMF and World Bank were shaped mainly by U.S. economic strategists.
Their economic belligerence is driving countries to withdraw from the global financial and
trade order that has been turned into a New Cold War vehicle to impose unilateral U.S.
hegemony. Nationalistic reactions are consolidating into new economic and political alliances
from Europe to Asia.
We are still mired in the Oil War that escalated in 2003 with the invasion of Iraq, which
quickly spread to Libya and Syria. American foreign policy has long been based largely on
control of oil. This has led the United States to oppose the Paris accords to stem global
warming. Its aim is to give U.S. officials the power to impose energy sanctions forcing other
countries to "freeze in the dark" if they do not follow U.S. leadership.
To expand its oil monopoly, America is pressuring Europe to oppose the Nordstream II gas
pipeline from Russia, claiming that this would make Germany and other countries dependent on
Russia instead of on U.S. liquified natural gas (LNG). Likewise, American oil diplomacy has
imposed unilateral sanctions against Iranian oil exports, until such time as a regime change
opens up that country's oil reserves to U.S., French, British and other allied oil majors.
U.S. control of dollarized money and credit is critical to this hegemony. As Congressman
Brad Sherman of Los Angeles told a House Financial Services Committee hearing on May 9, 2019:
"An awful lot of our international power comes from the fact that the U.S. dollar is the
standard unit of international finance and transactions. Clearing through the New York Fed is
critical for major oil and other transactions. It is the announced purpose of the supporters of
cryptocurrency to take that power away from us, to put us in a position where the most
significant sanctions we have against Iran, for example, would become irrelevant."
The U.S. aim is to keep the dollar as the transactions currency for world trade, savings,
central bank reserves and international lending. This monopoly status enables the U.S. Treasury
and State Department to disrupt the financial payments system and trade for countries with
which the United States is at economic or outright military war.
Russian President Vladimir Putin quickly responded by describing how "the degeneration of
the universalist globalization model [is] turning into a parody, a caricature of itself, where
common international rules are replaced with the laws of one country."That is the trajectory
on which this deterioration of formerly open international trade and finance is now moving. It
has been building up for a decade. On June 5, 2009, then-Russian President Dmitry Medvedev
cited this same disruptive U.S. dynamic at work in the wake of the U.S. junk mortgage and bank
Those whose job it was to forecast events were not ready for the depth of the crisis and
turned out to be too rigid, unwieldy and slow in their response. The international financial
organisations – and I think we need to state this up front and not try to hide it –
were not up to their responsibilities, as has been said quite unambiguously at a number of
major international events such as the two recent G20 summits of the world's largest
Furthermore, we have had confirmation that our pre-crisis analysis of global economic trends
and the global economic system were correct. The artificially maintained uni-polar system and
preservation of monopolies in key global economic sectors are root causes of the crisis. One
big centre of consumption, financed by a growing deficit, and thus growing debts, one formerly
strong reserve currency, and one dominant system of assessing assets and risks – these
are all factors that led to an overall drop in the quality of regulation and the economic
justification of assessments made, including assessments of macroeconomic policy. As a result,
there was no avoiding a global crisis.
That crisis is what is now causing today's break in global trade and payments.
Warfare on Many Fronts, with Dollarization Being the Main Arena
Dissolution of the Soviet Union 1991 did not bring the disarmament that was widely expected.
U.S. leadership celebrated the Soviet demise as signaling the end of foreign opposition to
U.S.-sponsored neoliberalism and even as the End of History. NATO expanded to encircle Russia
and sponsored "color revolutions" from Georgia to Ukraine, while carving up former Yugoslavia
into small statelets. American diplomacy created a foreign legion of Wahabi fundamentalists
from Afghanistan to Iran, Iraq, Syria and Libya in support of Saudi Arabian extremism and
The United States is waging war for control of oil against Venezuela, where a military coup
failed a few years ago, as did the 2018-19 stunt to recognize an unelected pro-American puppet
regime. The Honduran coup under President Obama was more successful in overthrowing an elected
president advocating land reform, continuing the tradition dating back to 1954 when the CIA
overthrew Guatemala's Arbenz regime.
U.S. officials bear a special hatred for countries that they have injured, ranging from
Guatemala in 1954 to Iran, whose regime it overthrew to install the Shah as military dictator.
Claiming to promote "democracy," U.S. diplomacy has redefined the word to mean pro-American,
and opposing land reform, national ownership of raw materials and public subsidy of foreign
agriculture or industry as an "undemocratic" attack on "free markets," meaning markets
controlled by U.S. financial interests and absentee owners of land, natural resources and
A major byproduct of warfare has always been refugees, and today's wave fleeing ISIS, Al
Qaeda and other U.S.-backed Near Eastern proxies is flooding Europe. A similar wave is fleeing
the dictatorial regimes backed by the United States from Honduras, Ecuador, Colombia and
neighboring countries. The refugee crisis has become a major factor leading to the resurgence
of nationalist parties throughout Europe and for the white nationalism of Donald Trump in the
Dollarization as the Vehicle for U.S. Nationalism
The Dollar Standard – U.S. Treasury debt to foreigners held by the world's central
banks – has replaced the gold-exchange standard for the world's central bank reserves to
settle payments imbalances among themselves. This has enabled the United States to uniquely run
balance-of-payments deficits for nearly seventy years, despite the fact that these Treasury
IOUs have little visible likelihood of being repaid except under arrangements where U.S.
rent-seeking and outright financial tribute from other enables it to liquidate its official
The United States is the only nation that can run sustained balance-of-payments deficits
without having to sell off its assets or raise interest rates to borrow foreign money. No other
national economy in the world can could afford foreign military expenditures on any major scale
without losing its exchange value. Without the Treasury-bill standard, the United States would
be in this same position along with other nations. That is why Russia, China and other powers
that U.S. strategists deem to be strategic rivals and enemies are looking to restore gold's
role as the preferred asset to settle payments imbalances.
The U.S. response is to impose regime change on countries that prefer gold or other foreign
currencies to dollars for their exchange reserves. A case in point is the overthrow of Libya's
Omar Kaddafi after he sought to base his nation's international reserves on gold. His
liquidation stands as a military warning to other countries.
Thanks to the fact that payments-surplus economies invest their dollar inflows in U.S.
Treasury bonds, the U.S. balance-of-payments deficit finances its domestic budget deficit. This
foreign central-bank recycling of U.S. overseas military spending into purchases of U.S.
Treasury securities gives the United States a free ride, financing its budget – also
mainly military in character – so that it can taxing its own citizens.
Trump Is Forcing Other Countries To Create an Alternative to the Dollar Standard
The fact that Donald Trump's economic policies are proving ineffective in restoring American
manufacturing is creating rising nationalist pressure to exploit foreigners by arbitrary
tariffs without regard for international law, and to impose trade sanctions and diplomatic
meddling to disrupt regimes that pursue policies that U.S. diplomats do not like.
There is a parallel here with Rome in the late 1 st century BC. It stripped its
provinces to pay for its military deficit, the grain dole and land redistribution at the
expense of Italian cities and Asia Minor. This created foreign opposition to drive Rome out.
The U.S. economy is similar to Rome's: extractive rather than productive, based mainly on land
rents and money-interest. As the domestic market is impoverished, U.S. politicians are seeking
to take from abroad what no longer is being produced at home.
What is so ironic – and so self-defeating of America's free global ride – is
that Trump's simplistic aim of lowering the dollar's exchange rate to make U.S. exports more
price-competitive. He imagines commodity trade to be the entire balance of payments, as if
there were no military spending, not to mention lending and investment. To lower the dollar's
exchange rate, he is demanding that China's central bank and those of other countries stop
supporting the dollar by recycling the dollars they receive for their exports into holdings of
U.S. Treasury securities.
This tunnel vision leaves out of account the fact that the trade balance is not simply a
matter of comparative international price levels. The United States has dissipated its supply
of spare manufacturing capacity and local suppliers of parts and materials, while much of its
industrial engineering and skilled manufacturing labor has retired. An immense shortfall must
be filled by new capital investment, education and public infrastructure, whose charges are far
above those of other economics.
Trump's infrastructure ideology is a Public-Private Partnership characterized by high-cost
financialization demanding high monopoly rents to cover its interest charges, stock dividends
and management fees. This neoliberal policy raises the cost of living for the U.S. labor force,
making it uncompetitive. The United States is unable to produce more at any price right now,
because its has spent the past half-century dismantling its infrastructure, closing down its
part suppliers and outsourcing its industrial technology.
The United States has privatized and financialized infrastructure and basic needs such as
public health and medical care, education and transportation that other countries have kept in
their public domain to make their economies more cost-efficient by providing essential services
at subsidized prices or freely. The United States also has led the practice of debt pyramiding,
from housing to corporate finance. This financial engineering and wealth creation by inflating
debt-financed real estate and stock market bubbles has made the United States a high-cost
economy that cannot compete successfully with well-managed mixed economies.
Unable to recover dominance in manufacturing, the United States is concentrating on
rent-extracting sectors that it hopes monopolize, headed by information technology and military
production. On the industrial front, it threatens disrupt China and other mixed economies by
imposing trade and financial sanctions.
The great gamble is whether these other countries will defend themselves by joining in
alliances enabling them to bypass the U.S. economy. American strategists imagine their country
to be the world's essential economy, without whose market other countries must suffer
depression. The Trump Administration thinks that There Is No Alternative (TINA) for other
countries except for their own financial systems to rely on U.S. dollar credit.
To protect themselves from U.S. sanctions, countries would have to avoid using the dollar,
and hence U.S. banks. This would require creation of a non-dollarized financial system for use
among themselves, including their own alternative to the SWIFT bank clearing system. Table 1
lists some possible related defenses against U.S. nationalistic diplomacy.
As noted above, what also is ironic in President Trump's accusation of China and other
countries of artificially manipulating their exchange rate against the dollar (by recycling
their trade and payments surpluses into Treasury securities to hold down their currency's
dollar valuation) involves dismantling the Treasury-bill standard. The main way that foreign
economies have stabilized their exchange rate since 1971 has indeed been to recycle their
dollar inflows into U.S. Treasury securities. Letting their currency's value rise would
threaten their export competitiveness against their rivals, although not necessarily benefit
the United States.
Ending this practice leaves countries with the main way to protect their currencies from
rising against the dollar is to reduce dollar inflows by blocking U.S. lending to domestic
borrowers. They may levy floating tariffs proportioned to the dollar's declining value. The
U.S. has a long history since the 1920s of raising its tariffs against currencies that are
depreciating: the American Selling Price (ASP) system. Other countries can impose their own
floating tariffs against U.S. goods.
Trade dependency as an Aim of the World Bank, IMF and US AID
The world today faces a problem much like what it faced on the eve of World War II. Like
Germany then, the United States now poses the main threat of war, and equally destructive
neoliberal economic regimes imposing austerity, economic shrinkage and depopulation. U.S.
diplomats are threatening to destroy regimes and entire economies that seek to remain
independent of this system, by trade and financial sanctions backed by direct military
Dedollarization will require creation of multilateral alternatives to U.S. "front"
institutions such as the World Bank, IMF and other agencies in which the United States holds
veto power to block any alternative policies deemed not to let it "win." U.S. trade policy
through the World Bank and U.S. foreign aid agencies aims at promoting dependency on U.S. food
exports and other key commodities, while hiring U.S. engineering firms to build up export
infrastructure to subsidize U.S. and other natural-resource investors.The financing is
mainly in dollars, providing risk-free bonds to U.S. and other financial institutions. The
resulting commercial and financial "interdependency" has led to a situation in which a sudden
interruption of supply would disrupt foreign economies by causing a breakdown in their chain of
payments and production. The effect is to lock client countries into dependency on the U.S.
economy and its diplomacy, euphemized as "promoting growth and development."
U.S. neoliberal policy via the IMF imposes austerity and opposes debt writedowns. Its
economic model pretends that debtor countries can pay any volume of dollar debt simply by
reducing wages to squeeze more income out of the labor force to pay foreign creditors. This
ignores the fact that solving the domestic "budget problem" by taxing local revenue still faces
the "transfer problem" of converting it into dollars or other hard currencies in which most
international debt is denominated. The result is that the IMF's "stabilization" programs
actually destabilize and impoverish countries forced into following its advice.
IMF loans support pro-U.S. regimes such as Ukraine, and subsidize capital flight by
supporting local currencies long enough to enable U.S. client oligarchies to flee their
currencies at a pre-devaluation exchange rate for the dollar. When the local currency finally
is allowed to collapse, debtor countries are advised to impose anti-labor austerity. This
globalizes the class war of capital against labor while keeping debtor countries on a short
U.S. financial leash.
U.S. diplomacy is capped by trade sanctions to disrupt economies that break away from U.S.
aims. Sanctions are a form of economic sabotage, as lethal as outright military warfare in
establishing U.S. control over foreign economies. The threat is to impoverish civilian
populations, in the belief that this will lead them to replace their governments with
pro-American regimes promising to restore prosperity by selling off their domestic
infrastructure to U.S. and other multinational investors.
US Warfare on Many Fronts Dedollarization defense
Military warfare (the Near East, Asia)
NATO and bilateral treaty (Saudi, ISIS, Al Qaida). color revolutions and proxy
|Shanghai Cooperation Organization, and pressure for Europe to
withdraw from NATO unless the U.S. alleviates its New Cold War threats.
|Dollarization is monetary warfare. The US Treasury-bill
standard finances the mainly military U.S. balance-of-payments deficit. SWIFT threatens to
isolate Iran and Russia
Dedollarization will refrain from foreign central banks financing U.S. overseas military
spending by keeping their savings in dollars.
Creation of alternative payments clearing system.
|The IMF finances US client regimes and seeks to isolate those
not following US policy.
||An alternative global financial organization, such as Europe's
INSTEX to circumvent US anti-Iran sanctions, and Russo-China alternative to SWIFT.
|Creditor policy forcing austerity on debtor economies, forcing
them to privatize and sell off their public domain to pay debts.
||An international court empowered to write down debts to the
ability to pay, based on the original principles that were to guide the BIS in 1931.
|The World Bank finances trade dependency on US food exports and
opposes national food self-sufficiency.
||An alternative development organization based on food
self-sufficiency. Annulment of World Bank and IMF debt as "odious debt."
|Unilateral US trade war based on levy of US protectionist
tariffs, quotas and sanctions,
||Countervailing sanctions, and creation of an alternative to the
WTO or a strengthened organization free of US control.
|Cyber War, spycraft via US internet platforms, and Stuxnet
||Work with Huawei and other alternatives to US internet
|Class War: austerity program for labor
||MMT, taxation of rentier income and capital gains.
|Neoliberal monetarist doctrine of privatization and creditor-oriented
||Promotion of a mixed economy with public infrastructure as a
factor of production.
|US patent policy seeks monopoly rents.
||Non-recognition of predatory monopoly patents.
||Deprivatization and buyoutsof US assets abroad.
|International law and diplomacy
The U.S. as the world's "exceptional nation," not subject to international laws or even
to its own treaty agreements.
Veto power in any organization it joins. The basic principle that the U.S. is not
subject to any foreign say over its laws and policies.
Global Problems caused by US Policy Response to U.S. Disruptive Policy
U.S. refuses to join international agreements to reduce carbon emissions, Global Warming
and Extreme Weather.
U.S. diplomacy is based on control of oil to make other countries dependent on U.S.
Trade and tax sanctions against U.S. exporters and banks. Taxes on U.S. tax avoidance by
the oil industry's "flags of convenience" (convenient for tax avoidance).
Taxation or isolation of U.S. exports based on high-carbon production.
|Attempt to monopolize new G5 Internet technology, Sanctioning of Huawei,
insistence on US priority in high-tech.
||Rejection of patents on basic IT, medicine and other basic human
|Patent laws in pharmaceuticals, etc.
||Taxation of monopoly rents.
There Are Alternatives, on Many Fronts
Militarily, today's leading alternative to NATO expansionism is the Shanghai Cooperation
Organization (SCO), along with Europe following France's example under Charles de Gaulle and
withdrawing. After all, there is no real threat of military invasion today in Europe. No nation
can occupy another without an enormous military draft and such heavy personnel losses that
domestic protests would unseat the government waging such a war. The U.S. anti-war movement in
the 1960s signaled the end of the military draft, not only in the United States but in nearly
all democratic countries (Israel, Switzerland, Brazil and South Korea are exceptions).
The enormous spending on armaments for a kind of war unlikely to be fought is not really
military, but simply to provide profits to the military industrial complex. The arms are not
really to be used. They are simply to be bought, and ultimately scrapped. The danger, of
course, is that these not-for-use arms actually might be used, if only to create a need for new
Likewise, foreign holdings of dollars are not really to be spent on purchases of U.S.
exports or investments. They are like fine-wine collectibles, for saving rather than for
drinking. The alternative to such dollarized holdings is to create a mutual use of national
currencies, and a domestic bank-clearing payments system as an alternative to SWIFT.Russia,
China, Iran and Venezuela already are said to be developing a crypto-currency payments to
circumvent U.S. sanctions and hence financial control.
In the World Trade Organization, the United States has tried to claim that any industry
receiving public infrastructure or credit subsidy deserves tariff retaliation in order to force
privatization. In response to WTO rulings that U.S. tariffs are illegally imposed, the United
States "has blocked all new appointments to the seven-member appellate body in protest, leaving
it in danger of collapse because it may not have enough judges to allow it to hear new
cases."In the U.S. view, only privatized trade financed by private rather than public banks
is "fair" trade.
An alternative to the WTO (or removal of its veto privilege given to the U.S. bloc) is
needed to cope with U.S. neoliberal ideology and, most recently, the U.S. travesty claiming
"national security" exemption to free-trade treaties, impose tariffs on steel, aluminum, and on
European countries that circumvent sanctions on Iran or threaten to buy oil from Russia via the
Nordstream II pipeline instead of high-cost liquified "freedom gas" from the United States.
In the realm of development lending, China's bank along with its Belt and Road initiative is
an incipient alternative to the World Bank, whose main role has been to promote foreign
dependency on U.S. suppliers. The IMF for its part now functions as an extension of the U.S.
Department of Defense to subsidize client regimes such as Ukraine while financially isolating
countries not subservient to U.S. diplomacy.
To save debt-strapped economies suffering Greek-style austerity, the world needs to replace
neoliberal economic theory with an analytic logic for debt writedowns based on the ability to
pay. The guiding principle of the needed development-oriented logic of international law should
be that no nation should be obliged to pay foreign creditors by having to sell of the public
domain and rent-extraction rights to foreign creditors. The defining character of nationhood
should be the fiscal right to tax natural resource rents and financial returns, and to create
its own monetary system.
The United States refuses to join the International Criminal Court. To be effective, it
needs enforcement power for its judgments and penalties, capped by the ability to bring charges
of war crimes in the tradition of the Nuremberg tribunal. U.S. to such a court, combined with
its military buildup now threatening World War III, suggests a new alignment of countries akin
to the Non-Aligned Nations movement of the 1950s and 1960s. Non-aligned in this case means
freedom from U.S. diplomatic control or threats.
Such institutions require a more realistic economic theory and philosophy of operations to
replace the neoliberal logic for anti-government privatization, anti-labor austerity, and
opposition to domestic budget deficits and debt writedowns. Today's neoliberal doctrine counts
financial late fees and rising housing prices as adding to "real output" (GDP), but deems
public investment as deadweight spending, not a contribution to output. The aim of such logic
is to convince governments to pay their foreign creditors by selling off their public
infrastructure and other assets in the public domain.
Just as the "capacity to pay" principle was the foundation stone of the Bank for
International Settlements in 1931, a similar basis is needed to measure today's ability to pay
debts and hence to write down bad loans that have been made without a corresponding ability of
debtors to pay. Without such an institution and body of analysis, the IMF's neoliberal
principle of imposing economic depression and falling living standards to pay U.S. and other
foreign creditors will impose global poverty.
The above proposals provide an alternative to the U.S. "exceptionalist" refusal to join any
international organization that has a say over its affairs. Other countries must be willing to
turn the tables and isolate U.S. banks, U.S. exporters, and to avoid using U.S. dollars and
routing payments via U.S. banks. To protect their ability to create a countervailing power
requires an international court and its sponsoring organization.
The first existential objective is to avoid the current threat of war by winding down U.S.
military interference in foreign countries and removing U.S. military bases as relics of
neocolonialism. Their danger to world peace and prosperity threatens a reversion to the
pre-World War II colonialism, ruling by client elites along lines similar to the 2014 Ukrainian
coup by neo-Nazi groups sponsored by the U.S. State Department and National Endowment for
Democracy. Such control recalls the dictators that U.S. diplomacy established throughout Latin
America in the 1950s. Today's ethnic terrorism by U.S.-sponsored Wahabi-Saudi Islam recalls the
behavior of Nazi Germany in the 1940s.
Global warming is the second major existentialist threat. Blocking attempts to reverse it is
a bedrock of American foreign policy, because it is based on control of oil. So the military,
refugee and global warming threats are interconnected.
The U.S. military poses the greatest immediate danger. Today's warfare is fundamentally
changed from what it used to be. Prior to the 1970s, nations conquering others had to invade
and occupy them with armies recruited by a military draft. But no democracy in today's world
can revive such a draft without triggering widespread refusal to fight, voting the government
out of power. The only way the United States – or other countries – can fight other
nations is to bomb them. And as noted above, economic sanctions have as destructive an effect
on civilian populations in countries deemed to be U.S. adversaries as overt warfare. The United
States can sponsor political coups (as in Honduras and Pinochet's Chile), but cannot occupy. It
is unwilling to rebuild, to say nothing of taking responsibility for the waves of refugees that
our bombing and sanctions are causing from Latin America to the Near East.
U.S. ideologues view their nation's coercive military expansion and political subversion and
neoliberal economic policy of privatization and financialization as an irreversible victory
signaling the End of History. To the rest of the world it is a threat to human survival.
The American promise is that the victory of neoliberalism is the End of History, offering
prosperity to the entire world. But beneath the rhetoric of free choice and free markets is the
reality of corruption, subversion, coercion, debt peonage and neofeudalism. The reality is the
creation and subsidy of polarized economies bifurcated between a privileged rentier
class and its clients, eir debtors and renters. America is to be permitted to monopolize trade
in oil and food grains, and high-technology rent-yielding monopolies, living off its dependent
customers. Unlike medieval serfdom, people subject to this End of History scenario can choose
to live wherever they want. But wherever they live, they must take on a lifetime of debt to
obtain access to a home of their own, and rely on U.S.-sponsored control of their basic needs,
money and credit by adhering to U.S. financial planning of their economies. This dystopian
scenario confirms Rosa Luxemburg's recognition that the ultimate choice facing nations in
today's world is between socialism and barbarism.
Billy Bambrough, "Bitcoin Threatens To 'Take Power' From The U.S. Federal Reserve,"
Forbes , May 15, 2019.
Vladimir Putin, keynote address to the Economic Forum, June 5-6 2019. Putin went on to
warn of "a policy of completely unlimited economic egoism and a forced breakdown." This
fragmenting of the global economic space "is the road to endless conflict, trade wars and maybe
not just trade wars. Figuratively, this is the road to the ultimate fight of all against
Address to St Petersburg International Economic Forum's Plenary Session, St Petersburg,
Kremlin.ru, June 5, 2009, from Johnson's Russia List, June 8, 2009, #8,
. Already in the late 1950s the Forgash Plan proposed a World Bank for Economic Acceleration.
Designed by Terence McCarthy and sponsored by Florida Senator Morris Forgash, the bank would
have been a more truly development-oriented institution to guide foreign development to create
balanced economies self-sufficient in food and other essentials. The proposal was opposed by
U.S. interests on the ground that countries pursuing land reform tended to be anti-American.
More to the point, they would have avoided trade and financial dependency on U.S. suppliers and
banks, and hence on U.S. trade and financial sanctions to prevent them from following policies
at odds with U.S. diplomatic demands.
Don Weinland, "WTO rules against US in tariff dispute with China," Financial Times
, July 17, 2019.
Mael Colium ,
July 21, 2019 at 8:53 am
Views from an economist who has been promoting neoclassical ideology for decades and then
wonders when there are no alternatives to escape the narrative? Completely ignores how a
monetary sovereign capacity can move away from US hegemony. The countries under the heel of
the US are there because the IMF has engineered their economies in favour of the US. They
could all threaten default at the same time and scare off the IMF horses – the US picks
off individual countries by isolating them. Play the united game and the power of division
practiced by the US would crumble. Just saying.
July 21, 2019 at 9:13 am
"They could all threaten default at the same time and scare off the IMF horses – the
US picks off individual countries by isolating them. Play the united game and the power of
division practiced by the US would crumble."
This is interesting. On a similar note, I've wondered why Russia has not defaulted on it's
considerable USD and EUR debt (also too, why is Russia still doing debt in USD and thus
But only after she sells off all her U.S. holdings which will be (and have been already)
seized by Out Law America.
I believe Russia would be on some sort of legal ground in doing so in response to the
illegal sanctions imposed upon by by the EU and U.S.
And it will be interesting to see if Germany backs down on Nordstream II. Will she be a
total puppet of the U.S.?
Of course, it's depressing Russia has not reformed it's internal economy so that she can
grow faster. Maybe because while Putin and others don't want to take orders from Washington
they are trapped in neoliberal economic thinking and can't think outside the box?
Until Washington changes, I firmly believe Russia and other nations must act as if their
future hold one totally without U.S. interdependence and must create completely independent
economies the U.S. can not touch. China? Hard to include China in that right now with so much
trade with the U.S. but on the other hand their are reports U.S. related firms are starting
to move out of China.
July 21, 2019 at 11:57 am
Among the reports of companies leaving China, I've not seen any who declare they will
return manufacturing to the US.
One of the major objectives of Tariffs, historically, is to favor local manufacture over
imports. Other than defense, is that happening?
Boeing appears to be the poster child of how well a company with a large defense arm
performs in the commercial sector.
July 21, 2019 at 12:44 pm
The corporations that moved manufacturing to Mexico and then subsequently to China will
continue to seek cheaper labor so that their management can feather their own nests. They're
not going to bring back manufacturing to the US. Look at these greedy corporations that sell
Hanes underwear for example. They get rid of labels on their product to save less than a cent
per item and spend money and spend millions in extolling the virtues of not having labesl on
their tee shirts (Michael Jordon is the spokesman in the ad). Greed has no limits.
July 21, 2019 at 12:23 pm
"Maybe because while Putin and others don't want to take orders from Washington they are
trapped in neoliberal economic thinking and can't think outside the box?"
Probably a lot there. Maybe the idea is that the system can work but needs to be fiddled
with to make it more fair to B stringers like Russia and China.
The only time anyone has had any success escaping Anglo-American finance was Germany,
Japan and the USSR in the 1930-45 period. The Soviets managed to keep their thing going until
much later, but internal corruption ( where isn't this a factor?) did them in.
July 21, 2019 at 1:03 pm
Post WWII Japan kept away from the stranglehold of US Financiers by only purchasing
technology and protecting their markets which other countries have to emulate.
July 21, 2019 at 2:30 pm
"I've wondered why Russia has not defaulted on it's considerable USD and EUR debt (also
too, why is Russia still doing debt in USD and thus strengthening U.S.?)"
They have. Russia has dropped 84% of the Treasury Securities it held. https://money.cnn.com/2018/07/30/investing/russia-us-debt-treasury/index.html
Notice how this hasn't effected anything; other parties just happily bought it all up. The
Russians were stupid to drop it because Treasury Securities are a guaranteed return on
investment. Because, stick with me here on this, the US government can't run out of US
Roger Boyd ,
July 21, 2019 at 4:10 pm
They have removed those assets from the very great possibility of seizure by the US and
others (like the Venezuelan gold seized by the UK). When push comes to shove the US and its
minions have no ethics abut breaking whatever laws they deem to be in their way.
They bought quite a lot of gold, which seems to be doing pretty well these days.
July 21, 2019 at 5:35 pm
You misunderstood me. Russia borrows USD and EUR from Western banks. That makes US –
Russia's enemy – stronger. Russia should borrow from Russia not the US. I'm asking why
don't they default on that debt. Your response assumed I was referring to Russia holding US
assets. That's different. BTW I don't agree with you that Russia made a mistake getting rid
of US assets given the US has stolen Russian real estate holdings in the US and other nations
property held in US banks like Venezuela's USD deposits and gold.
Ian Perkins ,
July 21, 2019 at 9:16 am
Along the same lines, the summary starts with, "The first existential objective is to
avoid the current threat of war by winding down U.S. military interference in foreign
countries and removing U.S. military bases as relics of neocolonialism." Either would be
taken as proof of evil anti-US intentions, leading to sanctions, coups, assassinations,
regime change, and eventually outright war. As Mael Colium says, the US picks off individual
countries by isolating them.
July 21, 2019 at 1:11 pm
I noticed that. I think Michael Hudson is a classical economist pushing back against the
currently reigning neo-classical economists. Classical economics is not Neo-classical
economics. Saying Hudson promotes neo-classical economics is a mistake.
July 21, 2019 at 9:42 pm
I believe his hope is for the world to recognise that Athens, Rome and Constantinoiple
collapsed economically due to legislatively favoring creditors over debtors. Its a process we
see alive in North America and Europe today. That's where he is coming from
July 21, 2019 at 11:36 am
"Views from an economist who has been promoting neoclassical ideology for decades and then
wonders when there are no alternatives to escape the narrative?"
Really, you should read the article you posted this note under. What text is this comment
in reference to?
July 21, 2019 at 12:57 pm
Michael Hudson promoting neoclassical ideology for decades?? Are we talking about the same
Michael Hudson from UMKC?
Could you please provide one single link to a paper that was written by him relying on
inductive methodology-based equilibrium theory??
Off The Street ,
July 21, 2019 at 9:19 am
Peripherally related MMT 2nd of
Trey N ,
July 21, 2019 at 9:20 am
There are a number of such "unclear sentences" in the article. Is the original article so
poorly written/edited, or is it errata in the transcription here?
Either way, it's a shame that such errors detract from the clarity of the ideas presented.
Is there any way to go back and clean this mess up??
barefoot charley ,
July 21, 2019 at 10:05 am
Reading Michael's fascinating history of debt forgiveness isn't much different. I'm
grateful for his writing but suffer from his typing. Have proofreaders gone the way of buggy
(And we must stipulate that typos here on NC are so buggy they're a feature. Which makes
me wonder if/when Roman inscriptions went illiterate–first century BC civil wars, or
third century AD Christian takeover? Valuable historic perspective!)
ex-PFC Chuck ,
July 21, 2019 at 12:36 pm
" Have proofreaders gone the way of buggy whips?"
Yes. The job has been outsourced to Spellcheck.
July 21, 2019 at 1:04 pm
The translations of his books into German are even worse. Lots of typos and often
July 21, 2019 at 10:09 am
Support. I would go further and say the article should be taken down for editing. Needs to
be translated into English.
Also, too, the final sentence: "This dystopian scenario confirms Rosa Luxemburg's
recognition that the ultimate choice facing nations in today's world is between socialism and
barbarism." is a rather large jump from the text. While many regular NC readers will agree,
the connection for others is obscure.
July 21, 2019 at 6:02 pm
You should ask for a refund!