National Security State as Racket on the Danger of Terrorism
Review of Literature
“Plunderers of the world, when nothing remains on the lands to which they have laid waste by wanton
thievery, they search out across the seas. The wealth of another region excites their greed; and if
it is weak, their lust for power as well. Nothing from the rising to the setting of the sun is enough
for them. Among all others only they are compelled to attack the poor as well as the rich. Robbery,
rape, and slaughter they falsely call empire; and where they make a desert, they call it peace.”
"The greatest threat is that we shall become like those who seek to destroy us"
the legendary US diplomat George Kennan warned in 1947
“In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the
Ronal Reagan about a different crisis
Books have been written about President Eisenhower’s famous farewell warning in 1961 about
the “military-industrial complex,” and what he described as its “unwarranted influence.” But an
even greater leviathan today, one that the public knows little about, is the “intelligence-industrial
Michael Hirsh in
How America's Top Tech Companies
Created the Surveillance State )
If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign
- James Madison
The National Security State is an ideology and practice of the USA elite, closely connected
with the idea of the rule of the
Complex, and especially three-letter agencies ("Trumanites" because of our 33rd president's
role in founding the CIA, the modern Defense Department, the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and the National
Security Agency). It is somewhat different from national socialist idea as it is married to neoliberalism
and does not included the decisive influence of the state in economic sphere.
Under neoliberalism society has become increasingly militarized, meaning that as most aspects
of the social-democratic state (New Deal state) are eliminated, a police state is rising in its place.
All problems that in the past were seen as social problems, and hence required social solutions, now
acquire police solutions.
Moreover intelligence services became Praetorian Guard of neoliberal elite that is in power and that
completely changed the nature of governance in the USA.
Now there is a country within the country in the USA. It can be called "Classified America". It has population of around 5
million people and controls the other 320 million. Almost 5 million people is more more then 1% of population. And now it become a
formidable political force that strives to become a kingmaker. much like Praetorian Guard in ancient Role it is clearly out of
control of elected government and has its own, sometimes nefarious agenda. All-in-all this is the fastest growing part of
In economic sphere deregulation (economic liberalism or neoliberalism) produce social conflict, which
at some point can not be masked by neoliberal demagogy ("shareholder value", "stakeholder participation"
and other neoliberal crap). At some point it requires police methods of suppression of dissent. As the state now represents interest only of the top 0.1% population,
economic and political spheres became merged under authoritarian rule of financial oligarchy, not unlike
the USSR under bolshevism with the only difference that until 1970th "nomenklatura" was more aligned with the interests
of the society then financial oligarchy. Later it became detached form that interest of lower 80% of population, adopted neoliberal
ideology, became turncoats and facilitated dissolution of the USSR privatizing its wealth in the process.
Under leoliberalism, which established itself in the USA since late 70th, tax laws, inheritance rules, status to trade unions,
door" regulations (which highly correlates with the degree of corruption of the society)
became political decisions favoring neoliberal elite at the expence of common sitizents. To hide this requires constant brainwashing of the population and instilling
fear using external threat. that's where intelligence agancies come handy as they by-and-large control key journalists and key MSM.
For example Washington Post for a long time was called "voice of CIA" even in the US establishment.
Since 9/11 terrorism is used as a smoke screen to hide the warts of neoliberalism and facilitate the transition of state into
nationa security state. Adoption of Patriot Act and resulting hypertrophied growth of intelligence agencies in the USA are just a
tip of the iceberg. In reality the situation became pretty much Orwellian with Intelligence agencies as a ne Big Brother and
the war between Oceania
(USA and NATO vassals) and Eurasia (Russia and China) in the Orwell's famous novel 1984, It is clear that the war with terrorism
launched what can be called "permanent war for permanent peace". The level of rampant militarism
in the USA now is close to what we observe in typical neo-fascist movements, especially under Trump (Fascism
- Wikipedia ):
is a form of radical
that came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe, influenced by
World War I and
spread to other
European countries. Fascism opposes
anarchism and is usually
placed on the
within the traditional
Fascists saw World War I
as a revolution that brought
massive changes in the nature of war, society, the state, and technology. The advent of
total war and total mass
mobilization of society had broken down the distinction between civilian and combatant. A "military
citizenship" arose in which all citizens were involved with the military in some manner during the
The war had resulted in the rise of a powerful state capable of mobilizing millions of people to
serve on the front lines and providing economic production and logistics to support them, as well
as having unprecedented authority to intervene in the lives of citizens.
Fascists believe that
is obsolete, and they regard the complete mobilization of society under a
as necessary to prepare a nation for armed conflict and to respond effectively to economic difficulties.
Such a state is led by a strong leader—such as a
dictator and a
martial government composed
of the members of the governing fascist party—to forge national unity and maintain a stable and orderly
Fascism rejects assertions that violence is automatically negative in nature, and views political
violence, war, and imperialism
as means that can achieve national rejuvenation.
Fascists advocate a mixed
economy, with the principal goal of achieving
interventionist economic policies.
Since the end of World
War II in 1945, few parties have openly described themselves as fascist, and the term is instead
now usually used
by political opponents. The descriptions
are sometimes applied more formally to describe parties of the far right with ideologies similar
to, or rooted in, 20th century fascist movements.
Paradoxially intelligence agencies and Pentagon can't live peacefully with each other and struggle for power. That why
intelligence agencies launched a
color revolution against Trump, who can be viewed as the Presidential Candidate of Pentagon. After coming to power Trump
introduced several new measures which represent the idea of "national neoliberalism". He explicitly wants to use the power of the US
to bully all nations. Those who behave against the USA wishes have sanction imposed and are threatened with war.
In this mutation of neoliberalism as a social system US intelligence apparatus and military establishment are raised to the level
above and beyond civilian control and become a somewhat autonomous system, a hidden government of the
USA. The Deep state as it is now called. For example intelligence againces now
strive and de facto achieved the role of king maker for the most top positions in the USA government. And, if necessary, can
act as a king remover (JFK assassination is a nice example here; CIA fingerprints are all over the place,
but nobody from CIA went to jail for this: "mission accomplished").
The colossal budget with juicy cost-plus contracts of affiliated private companies gives intelligence agencies and Pentagon not only tremendous power, but also
create vested ideological and financial interests. Wars became necessary for maintaining the level of those budgets. Existence of
the "country-scapegoat" is important too for projecting on it all evil that happens within the USA under neoliberalism and blowbacks
from neoliberal foreign policy. For example,
for the moment of its creation, due to Allen Dulles background CIA was aligned with the interests of
There no real overseeing of three letter agencies from neither executive branch, not from
the Congress, nor from the Supreme Court. But the reverse is not true. In a way they now strive to serve as a surrogate king. In other words,
instead of the servant of the state intelligence agencies became the master. Tail wags the dog. This phenomenon is not
limited to the USA. The same hijacking of executive, parliamentarian and judicial braches of govern
happened in other countries. A very interesting example provides the USSR: it was actually betrayal
of KGB brass, who switched side and decided to privatize the country, that was the key factor tthat led to the dissolution of the USSR.
The key "three letter agencies" (CIA,
DOD, NSA, FBI) were established by the National Security Act of 1947, signed in September 18,
1947 by President Harry S. Truman. This year can be considered as the year when National Security State
was born and probably should be celebrated accordingly instead of old-fashioned Independence Day.
Very little was preserved from the "old republic" after this transformation of the USA.
It is prudent to view National Security State as a modern form of corporatism, closely related to
concepts of neo-fascism and
Inverted Totalitarism. As
in the comment to the Guardian article
Internet privacy as important as human rights, says UN's Navi Pillay (Dec 26, 2013):
The surveillance state is the ruling class's key hole through which they monitor us and our
potential dissent. It's now an integral part of capitalism and can't be removed.
The game has changed. It's now about convincing us as much as possible that they will stop snooping
on us. They won't though. It will just become more heavily hidden.
Surveillance state was made possible with the advent of computers, Internet and wireless communication.
In some features it is close to neo-fascism and Latin-American far right authoritarian regimes, but
there are important difference. Instead of organized violence against opponents it achieved its goals
without relentless physical repression/elimination of opponents. It's key feature is mass surveillance,
discreditation and blackmailing of opponents (like in German Democratic Republic there are dossier for
every member of society and skeletons from the closet can be revealed for any politician or activist)
as well as control and manipulation of media, not mass repression of opponents. Like neofascist regimes
of the past (such as Pinochet regime in Chile) and authoritarian "communist" regimes of the past and
present, it make organized opposition to the government virtually impossible. Of the
traits of neo-fascist regimes probably around a half are applicable to the national security state.
After 9/11, Bush government's behavior and especially appeals to public clearly resonate with the
proto-fascist "... uber alles" ideas ("America is an exceptional nation"). As an amazing example of doublespeak Bushists
managed to integrate American exceptionalism into the framework of globalist neoliberal regime (as the
command-and-control center for neoliberal world empire, no less).
Bush government inspired post-9/11
paranoia doesn’t come cheaply, though. Costs were staggering: the military ($682 billion), Homeland
Security (about $60 billion), and 15 intelligence agencies (official figure of combined budget is perhaps
$75 billion; but in reality more then that). The total is probably over a trillion.
Nothing changed under President Obama, which suggests that he is just a figurehead and the
"deep state" is actually in charge. In most
areas the Obama administration was more like Bush II administration, with "change we can believe in" as a smokescreen for
nefarious actions. Obama launched more wars then Bush II too.
In this sense this was the most blatant and the most successful "bait and switch" in the recent political history of the
USA. Later is lightly different form repeated with Trump, who also during election campaign proposed reasonable steps of
improving standard of living of the US population and finishing forign wars, but instance switched sides after election pushing
neoliberal policies at home, and continuing all Bush-Obama wars foreign wars abroad. He also appointed open war hawks into his
administration. The list of neocons in Trumps administration is as long as in Bush II administration and includes people in key
positions such as Haley,
This is the view of Professor Michel Greenon, who in his book advocated the view that tradition
troika of powers in the USA became by and large ceremonial and that real actors, at least in area of
national security are not non-elected executives of super-powerful and well financed three-letter agencies.
Here is a brief overview taken from review published by Reason (National
Security State - Reason.com):
Though Glennon doesn't describe his thesis in terms of public choice theory, it echoes that discipline's
insight that institutions are run for the benefit of the people who run the institutions. For the
Trumanites, Glennon explains, "benefits take the form of enlarged budgets, personnel, missions;
costs take the form of retrenchments in each." Witness the vast archipelago of intelligence
facilities-nearly three Pentagons' worth of office space-that have been erected in greater Washington,
D.C., since 9/11.
The national security state is becoming an autonomous, self-perpetuating entity, Glennon
warns. It sets the table for elected officials' choices and increasingly dictates terms to them.
The permanent bureaucracy basks in the "glow" of Madisonian institutions, drawing legitimacy from
the illusion that elected officials are in charge. But while the buck may stop with the president,
the real power resides with the Trumanites.
This explanation is strongest in the realm of state surveillance, which serves as Glennon's central
case study. Recall the embarrassing revelation, in the summer of 2013, that the NSA was tapping German
Chancellor Angela Merkel's cellphone. What did the president know, and when did he know it? If you
believe top administration officials, Obama was almost as surprised as Merkel. Glennon quotes Secretary
of State John Kerry to the effect that the Merkel wiretap, like a lot of NSA programs, occurred "on
On one hand, that's what you'd expect them to say. On the other hand, the claim is
entirely plausible, and it is consistent with the earlier history of NSA abuses uncovered by the
Church Committee in the 1970s. Under Project SHAMROCK, for example, the NSA collected the content
of virtually all cable traffic entering or leaving the United States for three decades-150,000 messages
a month at its height. It was, the committee's final report concluded, "probably the largest governmental
interception program affecting Americans ever undertaken." And yet it's not clear that any president
ordered, approved, or was even aware of SHAMROCK. When the program's existence was exposed in the
mid-'70s, Louis Tordella, longtime deputy director of the NSA, admitted that he didn't know whether
any president or attorney general had ever been briefed on it.
The picture grows somewhat more complicated when we look at the modern practice of presidential
war making. From the Truman administration onward, the president has accumulated enormous unchecked
authority, despite James Madison's conviction that, since the executive department was "most distinguished
by its propensity to war," it is "the practice of all states, in proportion as they are free, to
disarm this propensity of its influence."
When it comes to picking the wars we wage, it's not clear that the Trumanites are fully in charge.
Take four major war-powers decisions during the Obama administration: the Afghan surge, the escalation
of drone attacks, the Libya intervention, and the current war against ISIS. I put the Trumanite win-loss
record at roughly .500 here. The military and national security bureaucracy fought hard for the surge
and the drone escalation, and got them. They generally opposed the Libyan action, and some prominent
Trumanites-such as the chairman of the Joint Chiefs -appear to have been reluctant to endorse our
latest war in the Middle East.
In the case of this most recent war, domestic politics seems a better explanation: The president
yielded to the near-irresistible demand that he "do something" about the beheading of Americans and
the implosion of the Iraqi state. Bombing ISIS is something, so we're doing it.
The Obama experience suggests we get the wars the Trumanites want -- and also some they don't.
But this is hardly fatal to Glennon's thesis. He stresses that "a good theory of institutional
behavior can predict, at best, only tendency over time"; his "predicts only that national
security policy will change little from one administration to the next." So far, that theory is holding
up rather well.
Even so, I've always been partial to one version of the "government politics" explanation. A few
years ago, I wrote a book arguing that "Americans' unconfined conception of presidential responsibility
is the source of much of our political woe and some of the gravest threats to our liberties." If
the political reality is such that the president will be held personally accountable for any domestic
terror attack, don't be surprised when he seeks powers nearly as vast as the expectations put upon
Glennon acknowledges it's not either-or; "explanations overlap," he writes. Dumb wars and
security-state overreach are the result of political choices and the bureaucratic imperative. Policy
continuity is depressingly overdetermined.
Real-time histories of key national security decisions in the Obama years tend to underscore this
point. In Kill or Capture, reporter Daniel Klaidman describes the enormous political pressure the
Obama administration was under after the failed "underwear bomber" attack on December 25, 2009. "For
the White House," Klaidman writes, "the psychic toll of Christmas Day was profound. Obama realized
that if a failed terror attempt could suck up so much political oxygen, a successful attack would
absolutely devastate his presidency. And much as he liked to talk about returning to first principles,
Obama also had a powerful instinct for self-correction-as well as self-preservation."
The psychic aftershock of Christmas 2009 helped shape a lot of what followed: from body scanners
at airports to ramped-up drone strikes to the lethal targeting of an American citizen.
But to Glennon's point, the administration was under pressure from the Trumanites well before
that. In the 2012 book, The Obamians: The Struggle Inside the White House to Redefine American Power,
James Mann describes a concerted effort by then-CIA director Michael Hayden and other senior
intelligence officials to preserve business as usual by scaring the hell out of the incoming Obama
team. Their private name for this scheme was the "Aw, Shit! Campaign."
The scare tactics worked. Klaidman reports that both Harold Koh, legal advisor at the State Department,
and Jeh Johnson, the Pentagon's general counsel, used the same metaphor to describe the military
pressure for more targeted killings: a runaway train. It was like "a massive freight train hurling
down the tracks" Koh said. "You would have to throw yourself on the tracks to try to stop it," said
All this helps shed light on Obama's strange and disorienting May 2013 "drone speech" at the National
Defense University in Washington, D.C., in which the president seemed to be speaking not as commander
in chief, but as his own loyal opposition.
In the speech, Obama said things like "Unless we discipline our thinking, our definitions,
our actions, we may be drawn into more wars we don't need to fight, or continue to grant Presidents
unbound powers." And: "The very precision of drone strikes can also lead a president and his team
to view [them] as a cure-all for terrorism." I remember thinking: "A president"? Which one? Anyone
in particular? Who's in charge here, anyway?
National Security and Double Government suggests that the answer to that last question isn't quite
so obvious, that the "most powerful man in the world" isn't nearly as powerful as he might appear.
It remains the case that Obama had the formal authority to say no to mass surveillance and perpetual
war. But saying no would require resisting enormous bureaucratic and political pressure. And anybody
willing to do what it takes to become president is unlikely to transform himself into a self-denying
Cincinnatus once in office. Political survivors don't jump in front of trains.
While US government spent around $3.67 trillion in 2013, the revenue was just $2.77 trillion. Of
that amount over one trillion went to three-letter agencies and DOD. Now you understand to whom real
power belongs. Moreover the government has to borrow about $900 billion in order to maintain national
security state programs intact. And there are 5 million (yes million) people in the USA with security
clearance and around 3 million with top security clearance. In other words "Welcome to the USSR." or
even Third Reich (actually republican senators opposed Truman initiative due to fear that he replicated
institution of the Third Reich in the USA and only support of powerful Democrats allowed the president
to push the act through the Congress.
But even if it was close to the Third Reich in political effects and its essence, this type of political
structure is different, because it does not rely on mass mobilization. Instead it relied on the power
of "deep state" and mass surveillance as well as passivity of most electorate.
As Paxton describes it (Tracking
Fascism) fascism as just hypertrophied and misguided nationalism, a specific flavor of far right
nationalism. The central emotions in fascism and nationalism are identical. In other words
at the core of fascist emotional mobilization always lies far right nationalism and that is important
distinction with national security state and neoliberalism which are globalist and "imperial"
and does not stress particular nationality as long of the person/group serves empire interests:
...Feelings propel fascism more than thought does. We might call them mobilizing passions, since
they function in fascist movements to recruit followers and in fascist regimes to "weld" the fascist
"tribe" to its leader. The following mobilizing passions are present in fascisms, though they
may sometimes be articulated only implicitly:
- The primacy of the group, toward which one has duties superior to every right, whether
universal or individual.
- The belief that one's group is a victim, a sentiment which justifies any action against
the group's enemies, internal as well as external.
- Dread of the group's decadence under the corrosive effect of individualistic and cosmopolitan
- Closer integration of the community within a brotherhood (fascio) whose unity and purity
are forged by common conviction, if possible, or by exclusionary violence if necessary.
- An enhanced sense of identity and belonging, in which the grandeur of the group reinforces
- Authority of natural leaders (always male) throughout society, culminating in a national
chieftain who alone is capable of incarnating the group's destiny.
- The beauty of violence and of will, when they are devoted to the group's success in
a Darwinian struggle.
Post 9/11 "passions" in the USA were definitely skillfully used by Bush administration to push
the nation into the Iraq war and the attacks on dissenters that occurred during it were pretty vicious,
really in traditions of Third Reich ("you are either with us, or with our enemies").
But public was not really central in this whole issue. Americans were extras at best, patsies at
worst, Essentially all major decisions were made "behind the curtain" by
deep state structures and public was just brainwashed
into approval of those action. That's an important different between national security state and classical
fascist regimes. In classic fascist state the leading fascist party would be central to unleashing such
a war. Here it was bust a bunch of highly placed bureaucrats in Bush II administration (so called
neocons, which is an ideological group allied with the military industrial
complex, but not an organized party as such).
Here is a more extended treatment of this issue (cited from
Rush, Newspeak and Fascism An exegesis
IV Tracking Fascism):
1. [Group primacy]: See, again, the Bush Doctrine. An extension of this sentiment is at play
among those jingoes who argue that Americans may need to sacrifice some of their civil rights --
say, free speech -- during wartime.
2. [Victim mentality]: This meme is clearly present in all the appeals to the victims of Sept.
11 as justifications for the war. It is present at nearly all levels of the debate: from the White
House, from the media, even from the jingoist entertainment industry (see, e.g., the lyric of Darryl
Worley's extraordinarily popular country-western hit, "Have You Forgotten?": "Some say this country's
just out looking for a fight / Well after 9/11 man I'd have to say that's right.").
3. [Dread of liberal decadence]: This meme has been stock in trade of the talk-radio crowd
since at least 1994 -- at one time it focused primarily on the person of Bill Clinton -- and has
reached ferocious levels during the runup to the war and after it, during which antiwar leftists
have regularly and remorselessly been accused of treason.
4. [Group integration] and 5. [Group identity as personal validation] are, of course,
among the primary purposes of the campaign to demonize liberals -- to simultaneously build a cohesive
brotherhood of like-minded "conservatives" who might not agree on the details but are united in their
loathing of all things liberal. It plays out in such localized manifestations as the KVI Radio 570th
On-Air Cavalry, which has made a habit of deliberately invading antiwar protests with the express
purpose of disrupting them and breaking them up. Sometimes, as they did recently in Bellingham, this
is done with caravans of big trucks blaring their horns; and they are also accompanied by threatening
rhetoric and acts of physical intimidation. They haven't yet bonded in violence -- someone did phone
in a threat to sniper-shoot protesters -- but they are rapidly headed in that direction.
6. [Authority of leaders]: This needs hardly any further explanation, except to note that
George W. Bush is actually surprisingly uncharismatic for someone who inspires as much rabid loyalty
as he does. But then, that is part of the purpose of Bush's PR campaign stressing that he receives
"divine guidance" -- it assures in his supporters' mind the notion that he is carrying out God's
destiny for the nation, and for the conservative movement in particular.
7. [An aesthetic of violence]: One again needs only turn to the voluminous jingoes of Fox
News or the jubilant warbloggers to find abundant examples of celebrations of the virtues -- many
of them evidently aesthetic -- of the evidently just-completed war.
I would like to stress that similar processes occurred in different states after WWII as well (Latin
America military dictatorships are one example). And with new force and on the new level after the dissolution
of the USSR in Russia. Of course the USSR was a National Security Surveillance State even before
WWII, being one of the "pioneers" of this form of state along with Italy and Germany. But it was a rather
"primitive" form of national security state in a sense that it did not rely on computers, collecting
"envelope" of all Internet communication, emails headers and other "meta-data" as well as systematic
interception of SMS-based communications as well interception of wireless communication and financial
operations via computerized banking (especially credit card transactions) for surveillance.
Mickey Edwards, who served in Congress from 1977 to 1993, and is the author of “The Parties Versus
the People: How to Turn Republicans and Democrats Into Americans.” published a very penetrating review
of the book in
The Boston Globe. In which he stated:
It has long been the province of conspiracy theorists to claim that the real power of government
is not wielded by the obvious practitioners of statecraft — presidents, members of Congress, the
judiciary — but by secret or semi-secret entities, real wizards whose hidden machinations send us
to war, sell us out to enemies, siphon public treasure into private hands. Depending on your talk
show or paranoia of choice, these are the bankers, oil barons, one-worlders, war profiteers, Bilderbergers,
Masons, Catholics, Jews, or Trilateralists. Our formal institutions, in this scenario, are stage
sets, Potemkin villages; our officials are puppets; we are an unsuspecting audience.
Michael Glennon, a respected academic (Tufts’s FLETCHER SCHOOL) and author of a book brought to
us by an equally respected publisher (Oxford University Press), is hardly the sort to indulge in
such fantasies. And that makes the picture he paints in “National Security and Double Government”
all the more arresting. Considering Barack Obama’s harsh pre-election criticisms of his predecessor’s
surveillance policies, for example, Glennon notes that many of those same policies — and more of
the same kind — were continued after Obama took office. “Why,” he asks, “does national security
policy remain constant even when one President is replaced by another, who as a candidate repeatedly,
forcefully, and eloquently promised fundamental changes in that policy?”
The answer Glennon places before us is not reassuring: “a bifurcated system — a structure of double
government — in which even the President now exercises little substantive control over the overall
direction of US national security policy.” The result, he writes, is a system of dual institutions
that have evolved “toward greater centralization, less accountability, and emergent autocracy.”
If this were a movie, it would soon become clear that some evil force, bent on consolidating power
and undermining democratic governance, has surreptitiously tunneled into the under-structure of the
nation. Not so. In fact, Glennon observes, this hyper-secret and difficult-to-control network arose
in part as an attempt to head off just such an outcome. In the aftermath of World War II, with the
Soviet Union a serious threat from abroad and a growing domestic concern about weakened civilian
control over the military (in 1949, the Hoover Commission had warned that the Joint Chiefs of Staff
had become “virtually a law unto themselves”), President Truman set out to create a separate national
By 2011, according to The Washington Post, there were 46 separate federal departments and agencies
and 2,000 private companies engaged in classified national security operations with millions of employees
and spending of roughly a trillion dollars a year. As Glennon points out, presidents get to name
fewer than 250 political appointees among the Defense Department’s nearly 700,000 civilian employees,
with hundreds more drawn from a national security bureaucracy that comprise “America’s Trumanite
network” — in effect, on matters of national security, a second government.
Glennon’s book is not a breezy read: It’s thick with fact and not unappreciative of conundrum
(“The government is seen increasingly by elements of the public as hiding what they ought to know,
criminalizing what they ought to be able to do, and spying upon what ought to be private. The people
are seen increasingly by the government as unable to comprehend the gravity of security threats.”).
Nor is he glib with proposed solutions: to adequately respond to the threats posed by a below-the-radar
second government will require “a general public possessed of civic virtue,” which prompts Glennon
to cite retired Supreme Court justice David Souter’s bemoaning of a “pervasive civic ignorance.”
Not all of the problem can be laid at Truman’s feet. And if we ourselves are part of the zeitgeist
that allows invisible governments to flourish, repair will be difficult. As Glennon puts it, “the
term Orwellian will have little meaning to a people who have never known anything different, who
have scant knowledge of history, civics, or public affairs, and who in any event have never heard
of George Orwell.”
This is no secret conspiracy nor a plot to deprive Americans of their civil liberties. It is the
unintended consequence of a thoughtful attempt to head off the very threats that those attempts have
inadvertently created. But if Glennon’s book is enlightening it is also scary. And it’s not fiction.
There are multiple reasons such as to instill fear, and to demonstrate competence (Big
Brother’s Liberal Friends — Crooked Timber)
Dr. Hilarius, 10.27.14 at 11:44 pm
An excellent analysis and summation.
Any defense of the national security state requires
the proponent to show, at a minimum, that the present apparatus is competent at its task.
Having lived through Vietnam, the Gulf Wars, Iraq and Afghanistan (not to mention many smaller
governmental adventures) I see no evidence of competence. Instead, it’s repetitive failures of
analysis and imagination no matter how much raw intelligence is gathered.
Nor is there any evidence that existing oversight mechanisms function as intended. Recent revelations
about the CIA spying on the Senate should be enough to dispel the idea that leakers have no role
Kinsley is particularly loathsome. His position is little more than “your betters know best”
and that the state’s critics are guttersnipes needing to be kicked to the curb. Kinsley doesn’t
need a coherent position, his goal is to be a spokesman for the better sorts, nothing more...
Tremendous push (or acceleration of pre-existing tendencies) toward National Security State occurred
after 9/11 under the banner of fighting terrorism. At the point technological capabilities of mass surveillance
using computers and the ability to have a dossier for everybody were in place, while mass deployment
of PC, credit cards and cell phones provides constant stream of information to those dossiers, not that
different from "gum shoes" reports. On November, 2001 the phone records of most Americans begin flowing
to the N.S.A. After 9/11, President Bush
the N.S.A. to collect phone and Internet content and metadata without a warrant. Within weeks, under
the so-called President’s Surveillance Program (P.S.P.), the major telephone companies voluntarily hand
over the data. The N.S.A. creates a twenty-four-hour “Metadata Analysis Center” (MAC) to search the
phone records. In October 26, 2001: The Patriot Act is passed. Section 215 allows the government to
seize “any tangible things (including books, records, papers, documents, and other items) for an investigation
to protect against international terrorism or clandestine intelligence activities.”
At this point the process started with adoption of Truman doctrine came to a logical end: national
surveillance state became a reality. Formally Truman Doctrine was created "to support free peoples
who are resisting attempted subjugation by armed minorities or by outside pressures." but in
reality their function was more questionable and after 9/11 (some people date this event as early as
1963 -- JFK assassination) those activities created what is called "The State Within a State"
similar to the USSR KGB role (see
The State Within a State by Yevgenia Albats and Catherine A. Fitzpatrick). Here is one review of
passionate albeit muddled, August 24, 1999
I have problems with the author's obvious hatred of the Russian Revolution and Stalin and the
way she claims there is an unbroken chain of horror going all the way back to 1917. Obviously
things are better today -- hence her book! She says 66.7 million people died under "Chekist" rule
since the Russian Revolution -- and then cites the Guiness Book of Records as her source!? No
one could ever prove such a figure, I think its one of things that's repeated 'til it becomes
I also find the author's lack of knowledge about our own CIA kind of disheartening. This fine
organization has spread as much death and terror in the Third World (Indonesia, Guatemala,Chile,
Argentina, Brazil etc. etc. ) as the KGB ever did anywhere, yet she seems to make them out to
be benevolent compared to the KGB (which if you read this book are responsible for everything
wrong with the world today).
After reading this book I still don't understand why she thinks the KGB or its incarnations
are as bad today as they were at the height of the Terror in 1937. Its not really explained in
the book. I still am not convinced that the KGB was the NKVD, and definitely convinced that either
was the SS. Research I have done casually has never come up with hard, convincing figures for
a Nazi style genocide in the USSR, and this anecdotal, unconvincing book didn't change my historical
See Michael J. Hogan, A Cross of Iron: Harry S. Truman and the Origins of the National
Security State, 1945-1954. New York: Cambridge University Press, 1998; which "explains the transformative
process that ended in the ultimate demise of the New Deal state with its emphasis on social spending
and ushered in the militarist National Security State." From Amazon review:
Hogan, a specialist in American diplomatic and national security studies, has written a complex
but interesting work on the emergence of the national security state. To create this state, it
was necessary to merge the armed forces, the Defense Department, and scientists into a single unit
to enhance the military's capabilities. To a large extent, this unification was accomplished
in the 1950s. The driving forces were James Forrestal, Dean Acheson, and powerful members of Congress
such as Carl Vinson (D-GA), who chaired the Committee on Naval Affairs, along with presidents Truman
Hogan presents a compelling case but overemphasizes the importance of Truman and Eisenhower while
downplaying the role of Vinson and others in the security state's creation. In fact, both Truman
and Eisenhower often seemed opposed to it but succumbed to pressure from Congress and key figures
like Acheson. This extremely complex study, which deals with a subject few other books handle, is
designed for scholars and informed lay readers interested in the creation of the "military-industrial
complex." by Richard P. Hedlund, Ashland Community Coll., KY
Former CIA officer Victor Marchetti in his book "Propaganda
and Disinformation: How the CIA Manufactures History" noted:
"As I pointed out in the preface to The CIA and the Cult of Intelligence in 1974, democratic
governments fighting totalitarian enemies run the risk of imitating their methods and thereby destroying
democracy. By suppressing historical fact, and by manufacturing historical fiction, the CIA,
with its obsessive secrecy and its vast resources, has posed a particular threat to the right
of Americans to be informed for the present and future by an objective knowledge of the past.
As long as the CIA continues to manipulate history, historians of its activities must be Revisionist
if we are to know the truth about the agency's activities, past and present."
Attempts to curtain the surveillance proved to by fruitless.
Church Committee was probably the most
important "after JFK assassination" attempt to somewhat tame three latter agencies and especially CIA,
but it ended in nothing.
Later NSA overtook CIA in many areas of intelligence gathering activities. Which create internal
frictions between two agencies. State Department also "infringed" in CIA role in foreign countries and,
for example, in organization of neoliberal color
revolutions in oil rich or strategically important countries it is difficult to tell when clandestine
actions of State Department ends and clandestine actions of CIA stars and vice versa.
In is interesting to note that even Senators feel threatened by this
total surveillance system. In December 14, 2005 Senators
Barack Obama, Chuck Hagel, John Kerry, Richard Durbin, and several colleagues
sign a letter
warning that Section 215 “would allow the government to obtain library, medical and gun records
and other sensitive personal information” that “would allow government fishing expeditions targeting
innocent Americans.” They demand that the records requested should “have some connection to a suspected
terrorist or spy,” a requirement that would
protect innocent Americans from unnecessary surveillance and ensure that government scrutiny is based
on individualized suspicion, a fundamental principle of our legal system.
In March, 2006,
the Patriot Act is reauthorized without the changes sought by Obama and others.
In his October 19, 2012 review of the book Saman Mohammadi (The
The case could be made that the creation of the CIA and the National Security State in 1947 was necessary.
But after sixty years of human rights abuses, systematic attacks on the constitution, false flag
assassinations of political reformers, and other
horrible crimes against humanity, should not the CIA be reformed?
Let's put the question of morality aside. What are the "national security" reasons that legitimize
the existence of the CIA? Once you learn that Al-Qaeda is a CIA creation and
proxy insurgent army and that 9/11 was a massive false flag operation, you come
to the natural conclusion that the CIA does not perform a national security role.
The CIA plays a much dirtier role: engineering the American mind. It is not denied that the shadow
CIA has major influence in the mainstream media, especially amongst top newspapers such as The Washington
Post and The New York Times. Michael S. Rozeff
speculates that the New York Times is entirely run by the CIA.
We can't know for certain if that is true because of the lack of historical documentation in the
public domain, but there is a mountain of observable evidence that proves the CIA has many of its
spooks working for the New York Times. Go
for just one example.
Until the American people demand that the U.S. government commit to radical transparency and the
principles enshrined in the U.S. constitution, the shadow CIA and the mainstream media can twist
history and manage public perceptions of reality as much as they like.
The shadow CIA's greatest power comes from its
command of the American public mind as well as its ability to create a fictional version
of history. The false flag September 11 events was the shadow CIA's biggest media operation to date.
It was their Mona Lisa. They painted the canvas of reality with the brush of myth, and worked day
and night to shape the collective memory of the American people while the horror of the tragic attacks
was still fresh in the nation's mind.
Although the shadow CIA doesn't have a total command of the American mind and of history, as proven
by the rise of the global 9/11 truth and justice movement, it possesses enough media power to mold
world public opinion and dictate government policy for the United States with ease. There is no question
that its power is totalitarian in nature and its aims are evil. It does not serve the interests of
the American people; that much is clear.
How can there be freedom when CIA officials in television studios, newspaper offices, and publishing
companies drive the public conversation and form the national narrative on every issue of significance.
The global alternative media is the only global civil society actor that is putting limits on the
CIA's power to make up history and suppress the truth about historical events like 9/11 and the occult
sacrifice of JFK.
In the past, the shadow CIA was presented with roadblocks in the Congress. But 9/11 fixed that
problem. The laws and the politics changed. In
"The Big Chill," author Dan Froomkin says the absence of Congressional leadership in the
post-9/11 political universe has strengthened executive power. Here is an excerpt his article:
After past periods of executive excess, the Fourth Estate was certainly more robust and arguably
more persistent, but it also found natural allies in the other branches of government—particularly
Congress. By contrast, over the summer of 2012, the publication of a minimal amount of new information
regarding drones, cyberwarfare and targeted killings incited bipartisan agreement on Capitol Hill—not
to conduct hearings into what had been revealed, but to demand criminal investigations into the
Since the Congress is not willing to stand up for the rights of the American people, the truth, human
rights, and the U.S. Constitution, then the American people and global civil society must stand up.
Congress has no real power. According to a recent
Rasmussen survey, Congress only has an eight percent approval rating. There are underground,
neo-Nazi groups in Europe that are more popular than the Congress.
That's how Congress has been ever since the terrorist attacks 11 years ago. "We never got our
Church Committee," said Steven Aftergood, director of the Federation of American Scientists's
Project on Government
Secrecy, referring to a special investigative Senate committee that held hearings on widespread
intelligence abuses after the Watergate scandal. "What we've got instead is the intelligence oversight
committee drafting legislation to penalize leaks."
The mainstream media is no better. It is content with its role as a propaganda arm of the shadow
CIA, and that is a tragedy. American newspapers have the power to improve their nation and change
the world for the better, but instead they choose to cover up independent investigations of shady
events like 9/11 that shed light on how the U.S. government really operates.
Alternative media outlets like Infowars.com, Veterans Today, Lew Rockwell.com, Washington's Blog,
The Corbett Report, and countless others are doing the best they can to educate the American people
and wake up humanity.
The last thing the shadow CIA wants to see is an informed and awakened America. It is waging a
war on human consciousness because it is scared of an enlightened world. A world that
is awake and aware of its crimes against humanity is its greatest nightmare.
If the shadow CIA has its way, it will continue inventing stories and passing it off as history
with total immunity. But the global alternative media is telling the shadow CIA: Enough is enough,
stop lying to the American people and the world.
The CIA's reckless disregard of U.S. traditions and laws made former President Harry Truman rethink
his decision to create the CIA in the first place. On December 22, 1963, Truman wrote in The Washington
On August 17, 1975 Senator Frank Church stated on NBC's
Meet the Press without
mentioning the name of the NSA about this agency (Wikipedia):
For some time I have been disturbed by the way the CIA has been diverted from its original
assignment. It has become an operational and at times a policy-making arm of the Government.
This has led to trouble and may have compounded our difficulties in several explosive areas. I never
had any thought that when I set up the CIA that it would be injected into peacetime cloak and dagger
In the need to develop a capacity to know what potential enemies are doing, the United States
government has perfected a technological capability that enables us to monitor the messages that
go through the air. Now, that is necessary and important to the United States as we look abroad at
enemies or potential enemies. We must know, at the same time, that capability at any time could be
turned around on the American people, and no American would have any privacy left such is the capability
to monitor everything—telephone conversations, telegrams, it doesn’t matter. There would be no place
If this government ever became a tyrant, if a dictator ever took charge in this country, the technological
capacity that the intelligence community has given the government could enable it to impose total
tyranny, and there would be no way to fight back because the most careful effort to combine together
in resistance to the government, no matter how privately it was done, is within the reach of the
government to know. Such is the capability of this technology.
I don’t want to see this country ever go across the bridge. I know the capacity that is there
to make tyranny total in America, and we must see to it that this agency and all agencies that possess
this technology operate within the law and under proper supervision so that we never cross over that
abyss. That is the abyss from which there is no return.
In his book "Brave
New World Order" (Orbis Books, 1992, paper), Jack Nelson-Pallmeyer argues that the Bush I war in
Iraq (as well as Bush II invasion and occupation of the country) was an action of the military industrial
complex usurping the "peace dividend". Iraq was attractive target as it has oil and far enough away
to prove a good vehicle for eating up contract cash. He views the rise of the National Security Defense
State as a consequence of "the threat of peace" for military industrial complex and identifies seven
characteristics of a such a state:
Now we can add one additional feature
- The military is the highest authority. In a National Security State the military
not only guarantees the security of the state against all internal and external enemies, it has enough
power to determine the overall direction of the society. In a National Security State the military
exerts important influence over political, economic, as well as military affairs.
- Political democracy and democratic elections are viewed with suspicion, contempt, or in
terms of political expediency. National Security States often maintain an appearance of democracy.
However, ultimate power rests with the military or within a broader National Security Establishment.
- The military and related sectors wield substantial political and economic power. They do
so in the context of an ideology which stresses that 'freedom" and "development" are possible only
when capital is concentrated in the hands of elites.
- Obsession with enemies. There are enemies of the state everywhere. Defending against external
and/or internal enemies becomes a leading preoccupation of the state, a distorting factor in the
economy, and a major source of national identity and purpose.
- The working assumption is that the enemies of the state are cunning and ruthless. Therefore,
any means used to destroy or control these enemies is justified.
- It restricts public debate and limits popular participation through secrecy or intimidation.
Authentic democracy depends on participation of the people. National Security States limit such participation
in a number of ways: They sow fear and thereby narrow the range of public debate; they restrict and
distort information; and they define policies in secret and implement those policies through covert
channels and clandestine activities. The state justifies such actions through rhetorical pleas of
"higher purpose" and vague appeals to "national security."
- The church is expected to mobilize its financial, ideological, and theological resources
in service to the National Security State.
- Total surveillance
Compare that definition of the National Security State with the definition of
Inverted Totalitarism. Most countries
now have features of both.
The debate about National Security State reemerged in June 2008 due to revelations make about existence
of the Prism program and similar program
by British security services. For example, Jacob Augstein used the term "Obama's Soft Totalitarianism"
in his article
Europe Must Stand Up to American Cyber-Snooping published by SPIEGEL.
Here is an interesting comment of user MelFarrellSr in
The Guardian discussion of the article
NSA analysts 'willfully violated' surveillance systems, agency admits (August 24, 2013):
Here's the thing about the NSA, the GCHQ, Yahoo, Google, Microsoft, et al...
We all have to stop commenting as if the NSA and the GCHQ are in this thing on their own; the
reality is that no one was supposed to know one iota about any of these programs; the NSA and the
GCHQ began and put in place the structure that would allow all internet service providers, and indeed
all corporations using the net, the ability to track and profile each and every user on the planet,
whether they be using the net, texting, cell, and landline.
We all now know that Google, Yahoo, and the rest, likely including major retailers, and perhaps
not so major retailers, are all getting paid by the United States government, hundreds of millions
of dollars of taxpayer money, our money, to profile 24/7 each and every one of us..., they know how
we think, our desires, our sexual preferences, our religious persuasion, what we spend, etc.; make
no mistake about it, they know it all, and what they don’t currently have, they will very soon…
These agencies and indeed all those who are paid by them, will be engaged over the next few weeks
in a unified program of "perception management" meaning that they will together come up with an all-encompassing
plan that will include the release of all manner of statements attesting to the enforcement of several
different disciplinary actions against whomever for "illegal" breaches of policy...
They may even bring criminal actions against a few poor unfortunate souls who had no idea they
would be sacrificed as one part of the "perception management" game.
Has anyone wondered why, to date, no one in power has really come out and suggested that the program
must be curtailed to limit its application to terrorism and terrorist types?
Here’s why; I was fortunate recently to have given an education on how networks such as Prism,
really work, aside from the rudimentary details given in many publications. They cannot, and will
not, stop monitoring even one individuals activity, because to do so will eventually cause loss of
the ability to effectively monitor as many as 2.5 Million individuals.
Remember the “Two to Three Hop” scenario, which the idiot in one of the hearings inadvertently
spoke of; therein lies the answer. If the average person called 40 unique people, three-hop analysis
would allow the government to mine the records of 2.5 million Americans Do the math; Internet usage
in the United States as of June 30, 2012 reached a total of over 245,000,000 million…
The following link shows how connected the world is… http://www.internetworldstats.com/stats2.htm
We should never forget how the Internet began, and who developed it, the United States Armed Forces;
initially it was known as Arpanet, see excerpt and link below…
"The Internet may fairly be regarded as a never-ending worldwide conversation." - Supreme Court
Judge statement on considering first amendment rights for Internet users.
"On a cold war kind of day, in swinging 1969, work began on the ARPAnet, grandfather to the
Internet. Designed as a computer version of the nuclear bomb shelter, ARPAnet protected the flow
of information between military installations by creating a network of geographically separated
computers that could exchange information via a newly developed protocol (rule for how computers
interact) called NCP (Network Control Protocol).”
There is no government anywhere on the planet that will give up any part of the program…, not
without one hell of a fight...
Incidentally, they do hope and believe that everyone will come to the same conclusion; they will
keep all of us at bay for however long it takes; they have the money, they have the time, and they
economically control all of us...
Pretty good bet they win...
The book American Exceptionalism
and Human Rights (edited by Ignatieff) raised an important and probably the most controversial question
in world politics: whether the United States stands within the order of international law or outside
Following are based on the article by Laurence W. Britt published in
Free Inquiry magazine
To a secular humanist, the principles of international law seems logical, right, and crucial.
Yet, there is one archetypal political philosophy that is anathema to almost all of these principles.
It is fascism. And fascism’s principles are wafting in the air today, surreptitiously masquerading
as something else, challenging everything we stand for. The cliché that people and nations learn
from history is not only overused, but also overestimated; often we fail to learn from history, or
draw the wrong conclusions. Sadly, historical amnesia is the norm.
We are two-and-a-half generations removed from the horrors of Nazi Germany, although constant
reminders jog the consciousness. German and Italian fascism form the historical models that define
this twisted political worldview. Although they no longer exist, this worldview and the characteristics
of these models have been imitated by protofascist regimes at various times in the twentieth century.
Both the original German and Italian models and the later protofascist regimes show remarkably similar
characteristics. Although many scholars question any direct connection among these regimes, few can
dispute their visual similarities.
Beyond the visual, even a cursory study of these fascist and protofascist regimes reveals the
absolutely striking convergence of their modus operandi. This, of course, is not a revelation
to the informed political observer, but it is sometimes useful in the interests of perspective to
restate obvious facts and in so doing shed needed light on current circumstances.
The following regimes can be studies in this respect: Nazi Germany, Fascist Italy, Franco’s Spain,
Salazar’s Portugal, Papadopoulos’s Greece, Pinochet’s Chile, and Suharto’s Indonesia. They constitute
a mixed bag of national identities, cultures, developmental levels, and history. But they all followed
the fascist or protofascist model in obtaining, expanding, and maintaining power. Further, all these
regimes have been overthrown, so a more or less complete picture of their basic characteristics and
abuses is possible. Analysis of these seven regimes reveals fourteen common threads that link them
in recognizable patterns of national behavior and abuse of power. These basic characteristics are
more prevalent and intense in some regimes than in others, but they all share at least some level
One can wonder how many of those are applicable to Bush/McCain. What do you think ?
Propaganda of nationalism and Exceptionalism ("shining city on the hill", beckon
of democracy, etc). Prominent displays of flags and ubiquitous lapel pins. The fervor to show
patriotic nationalism, both on the part of the regime itself and of citizens caught up in its
frenzy. Pride in the military, and demands for unity are way of expressing this nationalism. It
was usually coupled with a level of suspicion of things foreign that often bordered on xenophobia
(French fries - Freedom fries).
Disdain for the importance of human rights. Despite "freedom rhetorics" the party
views human rights as of little value and a hindrance to realizing the objectives of the ruling
elite. Through clever use of propaganda, the population was brought to accept these human rights
abuses by marginalizing, even demonizing, those being targeted. When abuse was egregious and truth
about gulags is out, the tactic was to use secrecy, denial, and disinformation.
Identification of enemies/scapegoats as a unifying cause. The use of scapegoating
as a means to divert the people’s attention from other problems, to shift blame for failures,
and to channel frustration in controlled directions. The methods of choice—relentless propaganda
and disinformation—were usually effective. Often the parties would incite “spontaneous” acts against
the target scapegoats, such as Muslims, communists/socialists/liberals, ethnic and racial minorities,
traditional national enemies, members of other religions, secularists, homosexuals, and “terrorists.”
Opponents of these party were inevitably labeled as terrorists stooges and dealt with accordingly.
The supremacy of the military/avid militarism. Ruling elites identified closely
with the military. A disproportionate share of national budget is allocated to the military, even
when domestic needs were acute. The military was seen as an ultimate expression of nationalism,
and was used whenever possible to assert national goals, intimidate other nations, and increase
the power and prestige of the ruling elite.
Sexism. Beyond the simple fact that the political elite and the national culture
were male-dominated, the party covertly views women as second-class citizens. Often are both anti-abortion
and homophobic with the cover of religious values. For propaganda reasons those attitudes were
masterfully blended into strong support of the fundamentalist religious sects, thus lending the
party some legitimacy to cover for its abuses.
A controlled mass media. The mass media could be relied upon never to stray from
the party line. Control can be indirect and subtle with formal adoption of slogan about "free
media". Methods included the control of licensing, access to resources, economic pressure, appeals
to patriotism, and implied threats. The leaders and owners of the mass media are part of
the power elite. The result is rampant brainwashing, which usually success in keeping
the general public unaware of the party's excesses.
Obsession with national security. A national security apparatus is bend to come
under direct control of the ruling elite. It is used to bypass laws as a direct instrument of
oppression, operating in secret and beyond any constraints. Its actions were justified under the
rubric of protecting “national security,” and questioning its activities was portrayed as unpatriotic
or even treasonous.
Abuse of religion. The party attaches itself to the dominant religion of the
country and chose to portray themselves as militant defenders of religious values. The fact that
the ruling elite’s behavior was incompatible with those values is swept under the rug. Propaganda
kept up the illusion that the ruling elites were defenders of the faith and opponents are “godless.”
A perception was manufactured that opposing the party is tantamount to an attack on religion.
Power of corporations protected. Although the personal life of ordinary citizens
was under strict control, the ability of large corporations to operate in relative freedom was
not compromised. The ruling elite saw the corporate structure as a way to not only ensure military
production (in developed states), but also as an additional means of social control. Members of
the economic elite were often pampered by the political elite to ensure a continued mutuality
of interests, especially in the repression of “have-not” citizens.
Power of organized labor suppressed or eliminated. Since organized labor was
seen as the one power center that could challenge the political hegemony of the ruling elite and
its corporate allies, it was inevitably crushed or made powerless. The poor formed an underclass,
viewed with suspicion or outright contempt. Being poor was considered akin to a vice.
Disdain and suppression of intellectuals. Intellectuals and the inherent freedom
of ideas and expression associated with them were anathema to these party. Intellectual and academic
freedom were considered subversive to national security and the patriotic ideal. Universities
professors come under close scrutiny; politically unreliable faculty harassed or eliminated. Unorthodox
ideas or scientific theories, especially economic, are strongly attacked, silenced, or crushed.
Obsession with crime and punishment. Draconian systems of criminal justice with
huge prison populations. The police is often glorified and had almost unchecked power, leading
to rampant abuse. Criminal charges sometimes are used against political opponents. Fear, and hatred,
of criminals or “traitors” was often promoted among the population as an excuse for more police
Rampant cronyism and corruption. Those in business circles and close to the power
elite often used their position to enrich themselves. This corruption worked both ways; the power
elite would receive financial gifts and property from the economic elite, who in turn would gain
the benefit of government favoritism. With the national security apparatus under control and the
media muzzled, this corruption was largely unconstrained and not well understood by the general
Fraudulent elections. Elections in the form of two candidates representing the same
power elite are usually bogus. When actual elections with candidates were held, they would usually
be perverted by the power elite to get the desired result. Common methods included maintaining
control of the election machinery, intimidating and disenfranchising opposition voters, suppressing
responsibilities for legal votes, and, as a last resort, turning to a judiciary beholden to the
Does any of this ring alarm bells? Of course not. After all, this is America, officially a democracy
with the rule of law, a constitution, a free press, honest elections, and a well-informed public
constantly being put on guard against evils. Historical comparisons like these are just exercises
in verbal gymnastics. Maybe, maybe not.
The most recent debate about the legitimacy of national security state as exists in the USA was sparked
by Edward Snowden revelations. The following are 27 quotes from Edward Snowden about National
Security State modus operandi might send a chill up your spine...
- #1 "The majority of people
in developed countries spend at least some time interacting with the Internet, and Governments are
abusing that necessity in secret to extend their powers beyond what is necessary and appropriate."
- #2 "...I believe that at
this point in history, the greatest danger to our freedom and way of life comes from the reasonable
fear of omniscient State powers kept in check by nothing more than policy documents."
- #3 "The government has
granted itself power it is not entitled to. There is no public oversight. The result is
people like myself have the latitude to go further than they are allowed to."
- #4 "...I can't in good
conscience allow the US government to destroy privacy, internet freedom and basic liberties for people
around the world with this massive surveillance machine they're secretly building."
- #5 "The NSA has built
an infrastructure that allows it to intercept almost everything."
- #6 "With this capability,
the vast majority of human communications are automatically ingested without targeting. If I
wanted to see your e-mails or your wife's phone, all I have to do is use intercepts. I can get your
e-mails, passwords, phone records, credit cards."
- #7 "Any analyst at any
time can target anyone. Any selector, anywhere... I, sitting at my desk, certainly had the authorities
to wiretap anyone, from you or your accountant, to a federal judge, to even the President..."
- #8 "To do that, the NSA
specifically targets the communications of everyone. It ingests them by default. It collects them
in its system and it filters them and it analyzes them and it measures them and it stores them for
periods of time simply because that's the easiest, most efficient and most valuable way to achieve
these ends. So while they may be intending to target someone associated with a foreign government,
or someone that they suspect of terrorism, they are collecting YOUR communications to do so."
- #9 "I believe that when
[senator Ron] Wyden and [senator Mark] Udall asked about the scale of this, they [the NSA] said it
did not have the tools to provide an answer. We do have the tools and I have maps showing where people
have been scrutinized most. We collect more digital communications from America than we do from
- #10 "...they are intent
on making every conversation and every form of behavior in the world known to them."
- #11 "Even if you're not
doing anything wrong, you're being watched and recorded. ...it's getting to the point where you don't
have to have done anything wrong, you simply have to eventually fall under suspicion from somebody,
even by a wrong call, and then they can use this system to go back in time and scrutinize every decision
you've ever made, every friend you've ever discussed something with, and attack you on that basis,
to sort of derive suspicion from an innocent life."
- #12 "Allowing the
U.S. government to intimidate its people with threats of retaliation for revealing wrongdoing is
contrary to the public interest."
- #13 "Everyone everywhere
now understands how bad things have gotten — and they’re talking about it. They have the power to
decide for themselves whether they are willing to sacrifice their privacy to the surveillance state."
- #14 "I do not want to
live in a world where everything I do and say is recorded. That is not something I am willing to
support or live under."
- #15 "I don't want to live
in a world where there's no privacy, and therefore no room for intellectual exploration and creativity."
- #16 "I have no intention
of hiding who I am because I know I have done nothing wrong."
- #17 "I had been looking
for leaders, but I realized that leadership is about being the first to act."
- #18 "There are more important
things than money. If I were motivated by money, I could have sold these documents to any number
of countries and gotten very rich."
- #19 "The great fear that
I have regarding the outcome for America of these disclosures is that nothing will change. [People]
won't be willing to take the risks necessary to stand up and fight to change things... And in the
months ahead, the years ahead, it's only going to get worse. [The NSA will] say that... because of
the crisis, the dangers that we face in the world, some new and unpredicted threat, we need more
authority, we need more power, and there will be nothing the people can do at that point to oppose
it. And it will be turnkey tyranny."
- #20 "I will be satisfied
if the federation of secret law, unequal pardon and irresistible executive powers that rule the world
that I love are revealed even for an instant."
- #21 "You can't come up
against the world's most powerful intelligence agencies and not accept the risk."
- #22 "I know the media
likes to personalize political debates, and I know the government will demonize me."
- #23 "We have got a CIA
station just up the road – the consulate here in Hong Kong – and I am sure they are going to be busy
for the next week. And that is a concern I will live with for the rest of my life, however long that
happens to be."
- #24 "I understand that
I will be made to suffer for my actions, and that the return of this information to the public marks
- #25 "There’s no saving
- #26 "The only thing I
fear is the harmful effects on my family, who I won't be able to help any more. That's what keeps
me up at night."
- #27 "I do not expect to
see home again."
- 20181214 : Less Than Grand Strategy: Zbigniew Brzezinski s Cold War The Nation ( Nov 24, 2018 , www.thenation.com )
- 20181214 : What percentage of CIA budget goes to the support of free press ( Dec 01, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20181214* Vetting NYT materials by CIA reflects full-scale cooperation – a virtual merger – between our the government and the neoliberal MSM ( Dec 01, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com ) [Recommended]
- 20181214 : New York Times fraudulent election plot dossier escalates anti-Russia hysteria ( Sep 21, 2018 , www.wsws.org )
- 20181214 : New York Times aka The Langley Newsletter ( Aug 30, 2012 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20181214* The dirty propaganda games NYT play ( Sep 21, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20181214 : Operation Mockingbird has never stopped ( Aug 30, 2012 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20181214 : The American Mega-Media has long been in the bag of Corporatism. Long gone are the days of reporters challenging the Military. During the Vietnam War the Military Briefings were Derisively called the Five O Clock Follies. ( Aug 30, 2012 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20181214 : The whole austerity crisis thing appears to have been engineered so that a few blinkered and unpatriotic, vulture mafia privateers can make a killing, selling off vital state assets, such as infrastructure and ports, to the Chinese. This is a very suspicious and widespread trend. ( Jun 09, 2013 , theguardian.com )
- 20181214 : Here's the funny thing about those who cheer the broken neoliberal model. They promise we will get to those "sunny uplands" with exactly the same fervor as old Marxists. ( Jun 08, 2013 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20181214 : Noam Chomsky pointed this out aeons ago though-that the American model is to use tax money to benefit private interests through technological infrastructure ( Jun 08, 2013 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20181214 : Neoliberal ideology acted as a smokescreen that enabled the financially powerful to rewrite the rules and place themselves beyond the law ( Jun 10, 2013 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20181214* Neoliberalism has spawned a financial elite who hold governments to ransom by Deborah Orr ( Jun 08, 2013 , www.theguardian.com ) [Recommended]
- 20181214 : The era of neoliberalism has seen a massive increase in government, not a shrinkage. The biggest change is the role of governments - to protect markets rather than to protect the rights and dignities of its citizens ( Dec 03, 2018 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20181212 : Freedom and privacy have been eroded by the malicious actions of psychopaths. The tech itself is like a fence. The destruction of liberty is like English kleptocrats forcing peasants off the commons and fencing the land into sheep pens. Don't blame fence technology; don't blame the sheep; blame the kleptocrats. ( Dec 12, 2018 , www.ianwelsh.net )
- 20181212 : What the Infotech-Telecom Revolution Has Actually Done Ian Welsh ( Dec 12, 2018 , www.ianwelsh.net )
- 20181210 : What the Infotech-Telecom Revolution Has Actually Done Ian Welsh ( Dec 10, 2018 , www.ianwelsh.net )
- 20181210 : Facebook, Whatsup and Brazilian elections ( Dec 10, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20181210 : How Big Brother Grips Americans' Minds to Support Invasions by Eric Zuesse ( Dec 10, 2018 , countercurrents.org )
- 20181210 : A WORLD FEDERATION Chapter 4 Individual Responsibility The Nurenberg Principles by John Scales Avery ( Dec 09, 2018 , Countercurrents )
- 20181209 : NYT and CIA have had relationship with, and was caught having planted CIA workers as NYT writers ( Aug 30, 2012 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20181209 : The Mafia, CIA and Bush Senior - Pete Brewton, Author, Journalist (1992) Part 1 of 2 ( Dec 09, 2018 , nomadiceveryman.blogspot.com )
- 20181209 : Wannabe Zionists (Bolton) has been trying hard to show his loyalty to the Jewish State ( Nov 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181209 : Big Brother is Watching You Watch ( Dec 09, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20181209 : Large corporation like Facebooka and Google are profoundly undemocratic and have ties with intelligence agencies on multiple level including the level of founders ( Dec 09, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20181209 : Authoritarianism has always existed. But it hasn't always been clearly visible. Technology makes authoritarianism more powerful. Centralization and urbanization have served the purposes of the elite well ( Dec 09, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20181209 : Concentration of wealth drive inverted totalitarism and authoritarian tendencies in the society ( Dec 09, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20181209 : Never forget that fascism is the natural defence mechanism of capital. After it is accrued, it must be defended ( Dec 09, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20181208 : The pervert humor oin Yahoo: White House, Trudeau seek to distance themselves from Huawei move ( Dec 08, 2018 , finance.yahoo.com )
- 20181208 : White House, Trudeau seek to distance themselves from Huawei move ( Dec 08, 2018 , finance.yahoo.com )
- 20181208 : Now that the banks are calling in their insurance, the EU has to deliver either by screwing down Italy the same as they did Greece or getting the French and German public (or better the whole EU) to bail out the banks. ( Dec 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181208* Internet as a perfect tool of inverted totalitarism: it stimulates atomizatin of individuals, creates authomatic 24x7 surveillance over population, suppresses solidarity by exceggerating non-essential differences and allow more insidious brainwashing of the population ( Dec 08, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com ) [Recommended]
- 20181208 : Our benighted nation has become a "Global" entity, which entails our young men and women being used as cannon fodder for Israel's designs ( Dec 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181208 : Putin wants to normalize relations with the west but, inexplicably, he provokes and alienates the West just prior to every scheduled meeting with Trump. These events only makes sense if the provocations are coming from agents in the West who wish to derail any rapprochement between the US and Russia ( Dec 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181208 : Interview of Lamar Waldren, Historian, on the REAL H. W. Bush by Thom Hartmann ( Dec 08, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181208 : Presidents, prime ministers, congresspersons and parliamentarians worldwide regularly negate the democratic will of their nation's voters by refusing to support legitimate election results. Strangely, their treasonous actions continue without serious reprisal or punishment by the voter. ( Dec 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181208 : Anyone who knows anything about history is that the rich were always better off than the poor, in fact the very definition of rich and poor. In this respect it never mattered if a society was capitalistic, communistic, or a theocracy, ( Dec 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181208 : Israel is one undeniably large factor behind spending surges since 2005. ( Dec 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181208 : One fatal flaw of WASPs on both sides of the pond is that the upper crust ones don't seem to have much empathy for the less fortunate of their own kind ( Dec 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181207 : Globalism is about moving capital to the benefit of the haves. Migrants/immigrants are a form of capital. ( Dec 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181206 : Social Security benefits will go up in 2019. Find out now how big your check will be ( Dec 06, 2018 , finance.yahoo.com )
- 20181206 : Market Moves Suggest a Recession Is Unavoidable ( Dec 06, 2018 , finance.yahoo.com )
- 20181206 : The construction of a make-believe reality guarantees the US military/security complex's annual budget of $1,000 billion dollars of taxpayers' money even as Congress debates cutting Social Security in order to divert more largess to the pockets of the corrupt military/security complex ( Dec 06, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181206 : All the other stuff, the love, the democracy, the floundering into lust, is a sort of by-play. The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted. ( Dec 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181205 : A MUST SEE Gladio or Undermining Democracy to Fight the Soviets Defend Democracy Press ( Dec 05, 2018 , www.defenddemocracy.press )
- 20181205 : Facebook Struck Secret Deals To Sell Preferential User Data; Used VPN App To Spy On Competitors ( Dec 05, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181205 : What Foreign Threats by Philip Giraldi ( Dec 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181205 : INF Treaty End Is Near After Pompeo Gives Russia An Ultimatum ( Dec 05, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181205 : Manufacturing Official Narrative by C.J. Hopkins ( Dec 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181204 : The Ignored Legacy Of George H.W. Bush War Crimes, Racism, Obstruction Of Justice ( Dec 04, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181204 : The Trump as neocons marionette by Tom Luongo ( Dec 03, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181204 : Neoliberalism and Fascism The Stealth Connection ( Dec 04, 2018 , www.commondreams.org )
- 20181204 : There is direct censorship and indirect censorship ( Dec 04, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181203 : Neoliberalism is just a sanitised-sounding expression, to cover-up the fact that what we are really seeing here is re-branded, far-right corporatist ideology ( Dec 03, 2018 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20181203* Neoliberalism is a modern curse. Everything about it is bad and until we're free of it, it will only ever keep trying to turn us into indentured labourers. It's acolytes are required to blind themselves to logic and reason to such a degree they resemble Scientologists or Jehovah's Witnesses more than people with any sort of coherent political ideology, because that's what neoliberalism actually is... a cult of the rich, for the rich, by the rich... and it's followers in the general population are nothing but moron familiars hoping one day to be made a fully fledged bastard. ( Dec 03, 2018 , www.theguardian.com ) [Recommended]
- 20181203 : The banks put their own short-term interests above their long-term interests of financial stability ( Jun 08, 2013 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20181203 : The classic form of neoliberal corruption: The rotating door betweens banks and intelligence agencies brass ( Dec 03, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20181203 : One skilled researcher directs readers to the Warren Commission, where buried deep inside one volume is a finding that Oswald's rife was inoperable, certainly unable to function as a precise assassination weapon. Plus Oswald was a lousy shot to begin with. ( Dec 03, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181203 : From Killing Kennedy To Kremlin Collusion - Deep State Forced Out Of The Shadows ( Dec 03, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181203 : Does any country on Earth has a democracy? ( Dec 03, 2018 , guardian.co.uk )
- 20181202* Lt. Col. Karen Kwiatkowski Wins 2018 Sam Adams Award by Ray McGovern ( Nov 29, 2018 , www.antiwar.com ) [Recommended]
- 20181202 : JFK MURDER SOLVED - Reward ( Dec 02, 2018 , jfkmurdersolved.com )
- 20181202 : George H.W. Bush, who died today at 94, most likely oversaw the CIA assets assigned to the JFK kill team ( Dec 01, 2018 , www.legitgov.org )
- 20181201 : A typical normal person reaction on reading a fresh issue of NYT or Guardian is screaming "ALL LIES, ALL LIES, ALL LIES" ( Dec 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181201 : H>ostility to immigration has always been a reaction to economic decline ( Dec 01, 2018 , mainlymacro.blogspot.com )
- 20181201 : The New York Times As Corrupt Judge And Jury ( Sep 23, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181201 : The Times isn't a newspaper at all but a clandestine operation run by intelligence units. ( Aug 30, 2012 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20181201 : The critical articles are nothing more than smokescreens. We are led to believe how hard-hitting the newspapers are and how they hold the politicians and other power-brokers to fire. All hogwash. It is better we recognize that the citizens are merely props they need to claim legitimacy. ( Aug 30, 2012 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20181201 : Assange Never Met Manafort by Craig Murray ( Nov 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181201 : Google is very evil, with its advertising price controls, automated stealing of data, preferences for its own services in search results over more popular competitors, and in many other ways. But I don't think that the Google Suggestions are deliberately skewed in the way you're suggesting. ( Dec 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181201 : Google is micro-gaslighting again by Steve Sailer ( Dec 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181201* Whataboutism charge is a change of a thought crime, a dirty US propaganda trick. In reality truth can be understood only in the historica context ( Aug 18, 2018 , consortiumnews.com ) [Recommended]
- 20181201 : An interesting book: The CIA and the Cult of Intelligence by Victor Marchetti ( Aug 30, 2012 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20181201 : Announcement - The Unz Review ( Dec 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181201 : Whitewashing McCain's Support for the War on Yemen by Daniel Larison ( Nov 29, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20181201* Congress' Screwed-Up Foreign Policy Priorities by Daniel Larison ( Apr 30, 2005 , www.theamericanconservative.com ) [Recommended]
- 20181201 : Whitewashing McCain's Support for the War on Yemen ( Dec 01, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20181130* US Warlords now and at the tome Miill's Poer Elite was published ( May-June 1 1999, , prospect.org ) [Recommended]
- 20181128 : Russia Is Disadvantaged by Her Belief that the West Is Governed by Law by Paul Craig Roberts ( Nov 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181128 : Beware the Trumpenleft! by C.J. Hopkins ( Nov 28, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181127* US Foreign Policy Has No Policy by Philip Giraldi ( Nov 27, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20181127 : US Required to Give Israel $10,500,000 Each Day ( Nov 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181126 : Phanar Phantom by Israel Shamir ( Nov 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181126 : For those who have doubts that Facebook is controlled by intelligence agencies ( Nov 26, 2018 , craigmurray.org.uk )
- 20181126 : Orwell's story is an allegory of modern Western politics and social commentary, where so many essential but inconvenient facts are "silently dropped" from analysis. ( Nov 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181126 : The deceased was the nephew of the arms dealer, Adnan. ( Nov 26, 2018 , craigmurray.org.uk )
- 20181126 : Fighting primitive antisemitism ( Nov 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181125 : Senior Saudi Prince Says CIA's Khashoggi Findings Cannot Be Trusted ( Nov 24, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181125 : Remarks Prepared for Delivery at the Trade Mart in Dallas President John F. Kennedy November 22, 1963 ( Nov 25, 2018 , www.jfklibrary.org )
- 20181125 : John F. Kennedy and the Monolithic and Ruthless Conspiracy by Laura Knight-Jadczyk ( Nov 22, 2006 , www.sott.net )
- 20181125 : Trump and His Loyalists are "Animal Farm's" Pigs ( Nov 25, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20181125 : Thieves Like Us the Violent Theft of Land and Capital is at the Core of the U.S. Experiment by Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz ( Nov 25, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20181125 : October 24, 2018 at 06:29 ( Nov 25, 2018 , craigmurray.org.uk )
- 20181125 : How U.S. Politics Have Become Paramilitarized by Jeremy Scahill ( Nov 25, 2018 , theintercept.com )
- 20181125 : Trump vs Berlusconi ( Nov 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181125 : Phanar Phantom by Israel Shamir ( Nov 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181125 : UK MPs seize documents expected to expose Facebook's covert data harvesting -- RT UK News ( Nov 25, 2018 , www.rt.com )
- 20181125 : Felix Keverich ( Nov 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181124* British Government Runs Secret Anti-Russian Smear Campaigns ( Nov 24, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20181124* Anonymous Exposes UK-Led Psyop To Battle Russian Propaganda ( Nov 23, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com ) [Recommended]
- 20181124 : Tomgram Danny Sjursen, Global War to Infinity and Beyond by Danny Sjursen ( Nov 20, 2018 , www.tomdispatch.com )
- 20181124 : Thieves Like Us the Violent Theft of Land and Capital is at the Core of the U.S. Experiment ( Nov 24, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20181124* When you are paid a lot of money to come up with plots psyops, you tend to come up with plots for psyops . The word entrapment comes to mind. Probably self-serving also. ( Nov 24, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com ) [Recommended]
- 20181123 : Anti Tulsi Gabbards lies are being aggressively promoted by neocons in both parties ( Nov 23, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181122 : Trump, JFK, and the Deep State Part Q by Jack Ravenwood ( Nov 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181122 : The Foundation for the Defense of Democracies ( FDD ), which has become the leading neoconservative bastion seeking a war with Iran ( Nov 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181122 : The State Dept. humanitarians, inspired by Clinton, and the totally zionized National Endowment for Democracy (and other banderite Chalupas) are undoubtedly elated with the "democracy on the march" in Ukraine ( Nov 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181122 : American foreign aid is prohibited from being given to any country that has not signed the Nuclear Non-proliferation Treaty (the Symington Amendment) or refuses to abide by International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) guidelines regarding its nuclear devices. ( Nov 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181122 : A USA politician on tv 'we do not love them, w're afraid of them'. ( Nov 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181121 : There Are Hundreds of Groups in the US Furthering the Interests of the Israeli State - They Should be Registered As Foreign Agents by Philip Giraldi ( Nov 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181121 : Sixteen years ago Wesley Clark said that the PNAC plan was for the US to take out 7 countries in 5 years, with Iran being the coup de gras. Hasn't happened yet. ( Nov 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181121 : Keeping Bin Salman In Place Will Hurt Trump s Middle East Policies ( Nov 21, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181121 : An alternative view on Turkey and Khashoggi by Marios Evriviades ( www.defenddemocracy.press )
- 20181120 : The Torah, biblical and Quran stories were written in agrarian societies where capitalistic enterprise hardly existed. Loans were for not dying of hunger in the period between when the food of the last harvest had been used completely, and the new harvest was still in the future. ( Nov 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181120 : It is an interesting side-note that both Christianity and Islam both prohibit the use of usury ( Nov 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181120 : A Jewish conman Bill Browder, who made the US Congress to dance to his tune, is named as a suspect in four murders: "'Highly likely that Magnitsky was poisoned by toxic chemicals on Bill Browder's orders" ( Nov 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181120 : A Finance Magnates analysis reports that one of the swindles alone has brought in over a billion dollars and employs 5,000 people. And a new scam, described below, may help what is predicted to be "the next major driver of the Israeli economy." ( Nov 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181120 : Ukraine whistleblower exposes alleged DNC collusion ( Nov 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181120 : When do we take a stand, (when do we fight)? ( Nov 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181120 : Israel support const Us taxpayers more than just the 3 billion per year, it more like 5 billion if you count the 760,000 for missile defense and a dozen other programs for aid to Israel. Cost was 1.6 trillion as of 2002, probably 2 trillion by now. ( Nov 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181120 : Supposedly the 1965 Immigration Act was engineered by Jews to destroy white society. What it did accomplish was importing a bunch of Asians and Hispanics who do not care a whit about Israel or Jews and some Muslims who detest them. ( Nov 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181120 : Doesn't anyone else get fatigued by the constant demand for attention by the one Ethnostate supposedly created by God ( Nov 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181120 : Israel Wins 2018 Election by Philip Giraldi ( Nov 13, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181120 : The problem is that if you look into eyes of Medusa you drop dead ( Nov 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181120 : I love you Melania!! (Grin) ( Nov 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181120 : Medusa's "hair" signifies the bad ideas coming out from women head. Did you notice how many women in US are engaging in politics? ( Nov 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181120 : No comments ;-) ( Nov 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181119 : As history has proved, time and time again, when "literal fascists" take over your democracy, outlaw opposing political parties, and start shipping people off to concentration camps and revoking journalists' White House access, the only effective way to defeat them is to form a whole buttload of congressional committees and investigate the living Hitler out of them by C.J. Hopkins ( Nov 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181119 : Thanking Vets for Their Service -- Why by The Saker ( Nov 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181119 : The US instigated coup was in line with Brzezinski's "Grand Chessboard" delusions of the US having to control Eurasia especially Ukraine in order to reduce Russia to the role of a regional power. ( Nov 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181119 : The way that WTC 7 is so strenuously avoided and brushed aside by the Establishment, and even by many commenters here, stinks ( Nov 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181119 : Did Britain initiate both world wars? ( Nov 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181118 : A>ll, empires are ipso facto violent, since they must keep a variety of other states and peoples under permanent control and this can only be achieved by way of violence ( Nov 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181117 : Ann Rand vs Aldous Huxley ( Nov 17, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181117 : Difficult times are coming for the US military industrial complex as for foreign arms sales ( Nov 17, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20181117 : America's Permanent-War Complex by Gareth Porter ( Nov 15, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20181116 : US Is Optimistic It Will Prosecute Assange ( Nov 15, 2018 , www.wsj.com )
- 20181115 : Russians as a new collective Emmanuel Goldshein in the USA neoliberal propaganda ( Nov 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181115 : Why Orwell is Superior to Huxley by Colin Liddell ( Nov 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181115 : Study US Has Spent $5.9 Trillion on Wars Since 2001 ( Nov 15, 2018 , news.antiwar.com )
- 20181115 : Congressional Report Warns US Might Lose a War Against China or Russia ( Nov 15, 2018 , news.antiwar.com )
- 20181115 : What Genghis Khan Can Teach Us About American Politics ( Nov 15, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181115 : In the Fascist conception of history, man is man only by virtue of the spiritual process to which he contributes as a member of the family, the social group, the nation, and in function of history to which all nations bring their contribution ( Nov 15, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20181114 : Jewish Politics in America A Post Political View by Gilad Atzmon ( Nov 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181114* Is Orwell overrated and Huxley undertated? ( Nov 14, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com ) [Recommended]
- 20181112 : Facebook, Google, and Microsoft Use Design To Trick You Into Handing Over Your Data, Report Warns ( Nov 12, 2018 , tech.slashdot.org )
- 20181112* The Democratic Party long ago earned the designation graveyard of social protest movements, and for good reason ( Nov 02, 2018 , www.wsws.org ) [Recommended]
- 20181112 : DEA And ICE Hiding Secret Cameras In Streetlights ( Nov 12, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181112 : Trump was elected by advocating a populist-nationalist agenda, he betrayed his voters almost instantly and governed as Bush III ( Nov 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181112 : War has become USA's 2nd nature above beyond the very essence of the military use, which should be to protect the nation's sovereignty ( Nov 12, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181112* The Best Way To Honor War Veterans Is To Stop Creating Them by Caitlin Johnstone ( Nov 12, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com ) [Recommended]
- 20181112* Obama s CIA Secretly Intercepted Congressional Communications About Whistleblowers ( Nov 02, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com ) [Recommended]
- 20181112* Protecting Americans from foreign influence, smells with COINTELPRO. Structural witch-hunt effect like during the McCarthy era is designed to supress decent to neoliberal oligarcy by Andre Damon and Joseph Kishore ( Feb 20, 2018 , www.wsws.org ) [Recommended]
- 20181112 : Although Trump had reached the presidency by advocating a radical populist-nationalist agenda, he has hardly governed in those terms ( Nov 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181112 : France The Incredible Shrinking President by Guillaume Durocher ( Nov 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181112 : Macron wants to be like Putin, but the leash gets in the way ( Nov 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181112 : We Are Heading For Another Tragedy Like World War I by Eric Margolis ( Nov 12, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181110 : CIA's 'Surveillance State' is Operating Against US ( Nov 10, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181110* US Wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan Killed 500,000 by Jason Ditz ( Nov 10, 2018 , news.antiwar.com ) [Recommended]
- 20181110 : It is quite possible that Pentagon hack was a false flag operation too ( Nov 10, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181110 : Hacking operations by anyone, can and will be used by US propagandists to provoke Russia or whoever stands in the way of the US war machine ( Nov 10, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181110 : A division of the Central Intelligence Agency stockpiled hacking techniques culled from other hackers, giving the agency the ability to leave behind the "fingerprints" of the outside hackers when it broke into electronic devices ( Nov 10, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181109* Khashoggi Was No Critic of Saudi Regime ( Nov 09, 2018 , neznaika-nalune.livejournal.com ) [Recommended]
- 20181108 : Ed Snowden Infamous Israeli Spyware 'Pegasus' Helped Kill Khashoggi ( Nov 08, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181108 : And who do you suppose are the forces which are funding US politicians and thus getting to call their shots in foreign policy? ( Nov 08, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181106 : Edward Snowden Says a Report Critical To an NSA Lawsuit Is Authentic ( Nov 06, 2018 , yro.slashdot.org )
- 20181106 : The sad reality is that the delusion Americans suffer from (result of their universal cradle-to-grave brainwashing that I mentioned earlier) is too deeply rooted as a core component of their identities. ( Nov 06, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181105 : Bolsonaro a monster engineered by our media by Jonathan Cook ( Nov 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181105 : A superb new book on the duty of resistance ( Nov 05, 2018 , crookedtimber.org )
- 20181105 : "They Will Not Forgive Us" by James Carroll ( Nov 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181105 : James Carroll Entering the Second Nuclear Age by Tom Engelhardt ( Nov 04, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181105* Bertram Gross (1912-1997) in "Friendly Fascism: The New Face of American Power" warned us that fascism always has two looks. One is paternal, benevolent, entertaining and kind. The other is embodied in the executioner's sadistic leer ( Nov 05, 2018 , www.truthdig.com ) [Recommended]
- 20181105 : Stay In That Good Fight Retired Green Beret Urges Americans To Stand Up To The Globalists ( Nov 05, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181104 : Erasing Economics and Economic Policy from Politics The Race and Xenophobia Sideshow naked capitalism ( Nov 04, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20181103 : The Two Faces of Fascisization Inequality and the Fight Against Anti-Semitism - Q A with Paul Jay (3-5) ( Nov 03, 2018 , therealnews.com )
- 20181102 : By Way Of Deception - False Flag Terror Acts Press Europe To Sanction Iran ( Nov 02, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181102 : Even Hans Christian Andersen couldn't invent Fairy Tales like that. ( Nov 02, 2018 , www.wsws.org )
- 20181102 : CIA Vault7 Leaker To Be Charged For Leaking More Classified Data While in Prison ( Nov 02, 2018 , yro.slashdot.org )
- 20181101 : If the Khashoggi Affair was planned as a warning to Crown Prince Mohamed bin Salman, then the US knew exactly what was going to happen in the consulate. It was coupled with an immediate and orchestrated MSM reaction that was curiously detailed, and delivered at high volume. ( Nov 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181101 : When "bomb-like devices" were "intercepted" throughout last week the first rection was who planed them? Their targets were a roll call of CIAL connected neolineral "resistance" heroes like Soros, Obama, Hillary Clinton, John Brennan ( Nov 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181101 : I suspect Cesar Sayoc is a straight up patsy. What strikes me is that the US empire and its faithful servants are resorting to old-fashioned and imported (out of the Goebbels manual, or if you like the Comintern manual) techniques to try and maintain their hold on public opinion. ( Nov 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181031 : The United States has never fought a war of self-defense, not once, unless you count the Civil War, which was an all-American effort with no foreign enemy. ( Oct 31, 2018 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20181030 : Why American Leaders Persist in Waging Losing Wars by William J. Astore ( Oct 30, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181028 : A low-altitude persistent-loitering traffic-monitoring drone. ( Oct 28, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181028 : It's interesting that Jamal Khashoggi, who wrote that Jews will have to die by force, is a media darling. ( Oct 28, 2018 , heavy.com )
- 20181028 : Skripal and Khashoggi West Manufactures Absurd Fantasy to Pin on Russia, Lets Saudi Get Away With Chopping up WaPo Journalist by Finian Cunningham ( Oct 28, 2018 , russia-insider.com )
- 20181028 : Twitter Bans Conservative Neocon Critic Paul Craig Roberts in Dramatic Escalation of Censorship ( Oct 28, 2018 , russia-insider.com )
- 20181028 : WikiLeaks' Legacy of Exposing US-UK Complicity by Mark Curtis ( Oct 28, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20181028 : Khashoggi, Erdogan and the Truth by Craig Murray ( Oct 28, 2018 , www.informationclearinghouse.info )
- 20181027 : Jeff Deist, president of the Mises Institute: in a libertarian society, there is no commons or public space. There are property lines, not borders. When it comes to real property and physical movement across such real property, there are owners, guests, licensees, business invitees and trespassers not legal and illegal immigrants ( Oct 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181027 : Trump Came This Close to Getting Afghanistan Right by Daniel L. Davis ( Oct 25, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20181027 : Big Business Strikes Back The Class Struggle from Above by James Petras ( Oct 24, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181027 : Rapid drop of the recruitment rates may accelerate hyper-automation and privatization of the US army ( Oct 27, 2018 , failedevolution.blogspot.com )
- 20181027 : Calling Brazil's Presidential Frontrunner 'Neofascist' is Accurate ( Oct 27, 2018 , therealnews.com )
- 20181027 : wayfarer ( Oct 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181027 : Everytime I think of the Khashogi hit... ( Oct 27, 2018 , caucus99percent.com )
- 20181027 : The Horrified Hypocrites ( Oct 26, 2018 , graysinfo.blogspot.com )
- 20181027 : Facebook Censorship of Alternative Media 'Just the Beginning,' Warns Top Neocon Insider ( Oct 27, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181027 : Scary Halloween Bombs to Scare Voters: Is this CIA democrats way to campaign for election? ( Oct 27, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20181026 : UOC-MP (Filaret included) sided with Ukrainian state in the Civil war ( Oct 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181026 : Neo-fascism in America by Jim Macgregor ( Oct 21, 2018 , thirdworldtraveler.com )
- 20181026 : Vault 7 "Dark Matter" contains documentation for several CIA projects that infect Apple Mac Computer firmware (meaning the infection persists even if the operating system is re-installed) developed by the CIA's Embedded Development Branch (EDB) ( Mar 23, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181026 : Germany bans arms sales to SA ( Oct 23, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20181026 : Khashoggi, Erdogan and the Truth by Craig Murray ( Oct 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181026 : The Saudi s have been using precision guided munitions in a most imprecise manner to murder thousands of men, women and children in Yemen too a very muted western outcry ( Oct 23, 2018 , www.nytimes.com )
- 20181025 : Alastair Crooke on the JK murder ( Oct 25, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20181025 : The Future Of Privacy In The New World Order ( Oct 24, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181025 : Surveillance Capitalism Crosses The Line Privacy Expert Abandons Google-Backed Smart-City Project by Joseph Jankowsk ( Oct 25, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181025 : Only one of two can be smart ( Oct 25, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181024 : It does seem that the murder allowed the war and killing in Yemen to move to the foreground ( Oct 24, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181024 : Neoliberal MSM flenzy over the this murder (and silence about systematic murders of Yemen children by KSA) reflects the split of the USA elite and desire of the "old guard" to cut Trump; that why called for "regime change is KSA are so laud ( Oct 24, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181024 : Khashoggi - purely MBS stupidity or a trap ( Oct 24, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181023 : MbS explains all to Khashoggi Jr. We came, we sawed, he died ( Oct 23, 2018 , moonofalabama.org )
- 20181023 : Khashoggi Drama - A Deal Is No Longer Possible - Erdogan Demands That MbS Goes ( Oct 23, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181023* Leaving aside what President Obama knew about Russiagate allegations against Donald Trump and when he knew it, the question arises as to whether these operations were ordered by President Putin and Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman (MBS) or were rogue operations unknown in advance by the leaders and perhaps even directed against them ( Oct 17, 2018 , www.thenation.com ) [Recommended]
- 20181023 : Khashoggi murder can be used to discredit the Trump presidency, expose the amorality of his foreign policy and sever his ties to patriotic elements of his Middle American constituency ( Oct 23, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181023 : 1988 - Donald Trump on buying a yacht that he did not want ( Oct 23, 2018 , www.youtube.com )
- 20181023 : More details emerge on Khashoggi's alleged fianc e ( Oct 23, 2018 , english.alarabiya.net )
- 20181023 : Insights Into The Khashoggi Ordeal; Who And Why by Ghassan Kadi ( Oct 23, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20181023 : Even anonymous cellphone connections can be geo-located with a maximum error of a few meters ( Oct 23, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181023 : The overplayed drama of Mr. Khashoggi assassination is going to be used by the American Oil Cartel to control the Saudis Oil output ( Oct 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181022* Cherchez la femme ( Oct 22, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20181022 : Facebook's New Troll-Crushing War Room Confirms Surveillance By Corporation Is The New America ( Oct 22, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181022 : In reality it is this 'vague bigger global entity' that embodies the essence of fascism - i.e. corporatist-dictatorship ( Oct 22, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181022 : The Empire splits the Orthodox world possible consequences by The Saker ( Oct 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181022 : Is China Waiting Us Out The American Conservative ( Oct 22, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20181021 : From Soft Tyranny To Totalitarian Rule America s Unrelenting Data Collection ( Oct 21, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181021 : Let's play Global Thermonuclear War ( Oct 21, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181021 : The Khashoggi Murder -- Worse Than a Crime, a Mistake by Eric Margolis ( Oct 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181021 : FBI Admits It Used Multiple Spies To Infiltrate Trump Campaign ( Oct 20, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181020 : Russia has a lot of fundamentals going for it, but it is also possible that the mistakes of the past and the pathological hatreds Russia has engendered among the Western and other imperial crazies will strike again. It is big and tempting. ( Oct 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181020 : According to Global Wealth Report by the personal wealth of the population Ukraine is in the 123rd place (out of 140 countries ranked). ( Oct 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181020 : 'US Congress has no Russian policy other than sanctions' Stephen Cohen -- RT Op-ed ( Oct 20, 2018 , www.rt.com )
- 20181020* Cloak and Dagger by Israel Shamir ( Oct 20, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20181020 : Neocon propaganda on Russia remind me of a Russian joke ( Oct 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181020 : Looks like we are living in Matrix environment ( Oct 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181019 : UK press riddled with spooks, conduits for intelligence agencies keen to score one for the Empire by John Wight ( Oct 18, 2018 , www.rt.com )
- 20181019 : Thank you, Saudi Arabia for exposing the utter hypocrisy and moral bankruptcy of British and American gangsta press and equally gangsta establishment ( Oct 19, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20181019 : Profanity-Laced Shouting Match Erupts Between Kelly, Bolton Outside Oval Office ( Oct 19, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20181019 : The demise of Davos in the Desert - TTG ( Oct 19, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20181019 : Murder in the Embassy d'Orient Express possibly derails the plans to attack Iran ( Oct 19, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181016 : Dan King and E.A. Greene ( Oct 16, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20181016 : How Fascism Works by Jason Stanley ( Oct 16, 2018 , www.amazon.com )
- 20181013 : Any sce nario is possible coming from the Saudis or the Anglo media. The Skripal has been a successful one ( Oct 13, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181012 : 'Land of censorship home of the fake' Alternative voices on Facebook and Twitter's crackdown ( Oct 12, 2018 , www.rt.com )
- 20181012 : Why the U.S. Military is Woefully Unprepared for a Major Conventional Conflict ( Oct 12, 2018 , southfront.org )
- 20181012 : For years disinformation specialists have peddled a giant lie about the crash of Pan Am 103 at Lockerbie ( Oct 12, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181012 : Like the values and rules that led the NSA to eavesdrop on Chancellor Merkel's phone calls for years, and to use American Embassies as listening posts. Mutti Merkel was very understanding, considering they were only doing it to keep us all safe. ( Oct 12, 2018 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20181010* A Decalogue of American Empire-Building A Dialogue by James Petras ( Oct 10, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20181010 : The Lies of our (Financial) Times by James Petras ( Oct 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181009 : During the attack on Serbia, US flew more than 90% of NATO missions and it managed to destroy three missile batteries and one radar station (using HARM) ( Oct 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181009 : The level of skills in Syria air defence in th past was low ( Oct 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181009 : S-300s and other military hardware for Syria, by The Saker - The Unz Review ( Oct 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181009 : How the malicious smear game works ( Oct 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181009 : Who Doesn't Love Identity Politics by C.J. Hopkins ( Oct 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181009 : Make him deny it ( Oct 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181009 : How to Maliciously Smear Your Critics (and Not Get Away with It) by C.J. Hopkins ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181009 : The idea of 'stealth' aircraft is in fact mostly a gimmick designed to enrich the military contractors ( Oct 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181009 : How to Maliciously Smear Your Critics (and Not Get Away with It) by C.J. Hopkins ( Oct 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181009 : Alt-right platform ( Oct 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181008 : Dividing the working classes up into sub-groups according to race, ethnicity, and so on, and then pitting these sub-groups against each other, is extremely important to the ruling classes, who are, let's remember, a tiny minority of intelligent but physically vulnerable parasites controlling the lives of the vast majority of human beings on the planet Earth, primarily by keeping them ignorant and confused by C.J. Hopkins ( Oct 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181008* British intelligence now officially a by-word for organized crime by John Wight ( Oct 08, 2018 , www.rt.com ) [Recommended]
- 20181008 : The idea of 'stealth' aircraft is in fact mostly a gimmick designed to enrich the military contractors ( Oct 08, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181007 : There Was No Debate When We Needed One by Paul Craig Roberts ( Oct 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181007 : Everything Is A Hoax by Paul Craig Roberts ( Oct 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181005 : William Binney – The Government is Profiling You (The NSA is Spying on You) ( Jun 07, 2013 , youtu.be )
- 20181005 : 500 Years of History Shows that Mass Spying Is Always Aimed at Crushing Dissent *It's Never to Protect Us From Bad Guys* ( Jan 10, 2014 , www.globalresearch.ca )
- 20181005 : White working class who voted for Trump have been duped so many times. First, when Trump promised us "America First!" Voters, apparently content to trust mere words, have ignored Trump's apparent definition of "America First!" as "America has the right to antagonize Iran and Russia, and launch pointless attacks upon Syria ( Oct 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181005 : I thought the Judge was too angry, whining, and evasive, when he could have been much more precise and pointed in his responses. ( Oct 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181005 : Christine Blah-Blah Ford Her Hippocampus by Ilana Mercer ( Oct 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181005 : Bret Kavanaugh is a Liar, a Perjurer and Belongs in Jail Instead of on the Supreme Court by David William Pear ( Oct 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181004 : What if this whole thing was just carefully managed theater designed to entertain the rubes? The Deep State allowed this spectacle, probably to embarrass Trump ( Oct 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181004 : As manufactured political theatrics and deliberate distractions keep Americans easily mesmerized, more than 115 people in the United States die each day, after overdosing on opioids. ( Oct 04, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181004 : In the Heart of a Dying Empire by Tom Engelhardt ( Oct 04, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181003 : False accusations of rape are not uncommon. A few gain national attention. Most do not. ( Oct 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181003 : Kavanaugh Gang-Rapes Collie in Satanic Ritual by Fred Reed ( Oct 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181003 : He didn't tell me beer had alcohol in it and I didn't know boys were interested in sex, I thought it was just us girls by Fred Reed ( Oct 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181002 : WikiLeaks Calls QAnon A Likely 'Pied Piper' Operation ( Oct 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181002 : Christine Balsey Ford and her father are all CIA, check it out, he father Ralph G. Balsey Jr. and her brother are all CIA ( Oct 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181002 : War time propaganda serves for the USA elite as a tool to contain/constrain discontent of allies and citizenry as they attempt to damage or destroy the Russian and Chinese economies. ( Oct 02, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20181002 : Google should acquire the status of a public utility -- like the Ma Bell telephone system was regulated in the 1950's. Google is too powerful -- it should not have the cultural monopoly power it has over our society. ( Oct 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181002 : The Bolshevik leaders here, most of whom are Jews and 90% of whom are returned exiles, care little for Russia or any other country but are internationalists and they are trying to start a worldwide social revolution ( Oct 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181002 : Johann Ricke ( Oct 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181002 : Something about judge Kavanaugh personality and political views. ( Oct 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181002 : The way I see it, a woman over 50 years old goes on the stand, tries to put on the helpless cute little girl act complete with a six-year old's lisp, and pretends to have traumatic memories of something she claims happened over 35 years ago. ( Oct 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181002 : The hysterical harpies were certainly pleased with themselves when they got the result they wanted. ( Oct 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181002 : Like professional wrestlers, Republicans pretend to fight-but a Flake or someone like him, always appears in the nick of time, to save the day for the left. ( Oct 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181002 : GOP Betrayal The Cross Examination That Never Was by Ilana Mercer ( Oct 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181002 : "To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize ( Oct 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181002 : Trump has tried to turn his presidency into a personality cult rather than MAGA ( Oct 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181002 : Trump is light fare compared to where the Neoliberal Democrats will go and has been, regarding women, sex, and all things crass ( Oct 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20181001 : US Navy Aircraft Carrier Deployments Fall as Financial Concerns Loom - Sputnik International ( Oct 01, 2018 , sputniknews.com )
- 20180929 : Why don't you try undergoing the torture he's been going through for the past 2 weeks? . His children youngest 10 had to be escorted out of the first hearing by security because the liberals were attacking them. ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : Most Christians are not aware that in the latter part of the 16th century, early Lutheran Reformers close colleagues and followers of Martin Luther set in motion an eight year contact and correspondence with the (then) Ecumenical Patriarch, Jeremias II of Constantinople. ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : Always remember the equally lurid "recovered memories" of UFO abduction survivors ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : Arthur Miller's "The Crucible" exemplifies very well how the hysteria of girls can be so dangerous that innocent men can be made to suffer terrible if not fatal consequences. ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : False memory syndrome and witch hunts based on it ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : Google should acquire the status of a public utility -- like the Ma Bell telephone system was regulated in the 1950's. Google is too powerful -- it should not have the cultural monopoly power it has over our society. ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : True, this "living wage" issue has become now America's chronic illness. ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : The Bolshevik leaders here, most of whom are Jews and 90% of whom are returned exiles, care little for Russia or any other country but are internationalists and they are trying to start a worldwide social revolution ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : Johann Ricke ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : Hopefully the FBI will investigate this collusion between Soros and the Democrats and Ms. Katz to influence the results of the judicial nomination process. ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : Graham was chosen to publicly throw a fit ecaquse he's inside-the-Beltway safe. He can huff and puff and talk tough on this hearing, precisely because the Establishment knows he'll never really go against them on issues like immigration or foreign policy. ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : Anti-White-Male Kavanaugh Hatefest May Close Midterm Enthusiasm Gap -- And Get GOP Senators On The Trump Train! by John Derbyshir ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : Civil War II Coming by Kevin Barrett ( Aug 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : I am concerned about dysfunction and incivility in American culture and politics ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : The entire process is cynical. 45 Dems were going to vote against him regardless, This is all about peeling off a handful of votes. ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : Ford already has a couple of GoFundMe accounts that have already racked up $ 700,000. Of course, the 6-7 figure book deal will follow. ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : And no I don't believe that preposterous [to think that] Blasey [is CIA] operative. She and her whole family work for the CIA. ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : "To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : How the USA will look in 50 years from now? ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : Why witch hunts occurred in New England not in the South of mid-Atlantic colonies ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : Kavanagh apparently never saw a Stasi-style privacy invasion he didn't like ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180929 : Maybe somebody will explain to me why Senator Flake needed Kavanaugh's scalp. ( Sep 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180928 : GOP Betrayal The Cross Examination That Never Was by Ilana Mercer ( Sep 28, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180927 : Russia and the Taming of the Israelis by Israel Shamir ( Sep 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180927* Hiding in Plain Sight Why We Cannot See the System Destroying Us ( Sep 27, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180927 : The Bellingcat claim that Ruslan Boshirov = Colonel Anatoliy Chepiga. ( Sep 27, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180927 : On anti-Semitism ( Sep 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180927 : It should be noted that Herbert Marcuse was employed by the the U.S.'s OWI (Office of War Information) and then Bill Donovan's OSS (precursor to the CIA) during WWII. ( Sep 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180927 : Misunderstanding Trump s Foreign Policy by Daniel Larison ( Sep 26, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180926 : The Huge Stakes of Thursday's Confrontations by Pat Buchanan ( Sep 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180925 : USA/Israel/NATO would love for Russia to lash out against Israel for a provocation such as this Ilyushin 20 downing; but as the author suggests Russia knows it could not withstand the combined forces of NATO/Israel/USA in the Syrian theatre. Russia would not stand a chance. ( Sep 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180925 : The Path to World War III by Philip Giraldi ( Sep 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180925 : It is past time for Donald Trump to fulfill his campaign promise to pull the plug on American engagement in Syria and terminate the seemingly endless cycle of wars in the Middle East: MAGA quickly mutated into MIGA ( Sep 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180925 : The Black leadership role has now been essentially reduced to making the odd noise after the shooting of an unarmed Black by a White cop ( Sep 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180925 : Instantaneous mutation of MAGA into MIGA after Trump election ( Sep 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180923 : Modern IDENTITY LEFTISM WILL EAT ITSELF by Black Pigeon Speaks ( Sep 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180923 : One can like or dislike Judge Kavanagh, one can agree or disagree with his views, one may wish him in or out of the Supreme Court, but stopping him for allegedly trying to lay a girl while in high school is completely insane ( Sep 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180923 : Darwin's Vigilantes, Reichard Sternberg, and Conventional Pseudoscience by Fred Reed ( Sep 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180923 : What is often forgotten is that whenever the term "intellectual" is used it must be the measure of correctness (supported by empirical evidence, both prior and after) not just the measure of the knowledge (historic, economic, military, scientific etc.) base one operates in order to sound "intellectual" and "sophisticated". This principle is long ( Sep 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180923 : One minute warning was a part of Israeli plan ( Sep 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180923 : Let's put it this way, once Russians and Americans begin to kill each-other, Israel goes immediately down. In fact, it will cease to exist as a state. But who wants to pay such a price? Bibi knows that. ( Sep 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180923 : Putin, Israel and the downed Il-20 by The Saker ( Sep 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180923 : The Syrian ceasefire proves how far Putin has come out on top by Patrick Cockburn ( Sep 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180923 : A New Martin Luther by Anatoly Karlin ( Aug 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180923 : More on Something Rotten About the DOJ Indictment of the GRU ( Sep 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180923 : Skripals is a demonstration of established British elite method of of slandering the non-obedient Russians ( Sep 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180923 : Toilet Wars by Israel Shamir ( Sep 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180923 : I'd love to be the commissar in charge of ending affirmative action and punishing those who created and enforce it ( Aug 10, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180923 : We in the West, who would again be the cannon fodder for such insanity, once more owe a debt of gratitude to Putin's statesmanship and levelheadedness ( Sep 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180923 : Despite noise in Russian blogosphere about "weak reaction" Russia need to thread very carefully this minefield: NATO is much stronger in this region ( Sep 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180923 : I don't know what happened to Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 on 17 July 2014 except the suspicion the Malaysia was also a target(may be due to the Kuala Lumpur War Crimes Tribunal) and choice of Dutch was instrumental in the cover-up. ( Sep 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180922 : Google admits it lets hundreds of third party apps read your emails by Valentin Wolf / ( Sep 20, 2018 , www.rt.com )
- 20180922 : Has Russia given up on the West? In a word -- Yes, Yes and Yes. ( Sep 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180922 : A confidential report by Belgian investigators confirms that British intelligence services hacked state-owned Belgian telecom giant Belgacom on behalf of Washington ( Sep 22, 2018 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20180921* One party state: Trump's 'Opposition' Supports All His Evil Agendas While Attacking Fake Nonsence by Caitlin Johnstone ( Sep 21, 2018 , ronpaulinstitute.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180921 : Obama played both sides against the middle telling folks to vote for him and 'hope and change' bullshit and to shake his fist at Wall Street -- all the while enabling them to make more money than they thought existed. ( Sep 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180921 : That agency is and always has been in the business of subverting or toppling other governments. ( Sep 21, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180921 : MAGA is dead, people; say hello to MIGA. ( Sep 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180921 : Fact free propaganda ( Sep 21, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180921 : Michael Hart's THE RISE AND FALL OF THE UNITED STATES by James Kirkpatrick ( Sep 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180921 : As to the Palestinians, if they indeed face hunger deaths, I'm sure it will backfire, on the USA, and on Israel ( Sep 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180920 : Every time one of these incidents happens, a flood of "chicken-hawks" come out of the woodwork demanding that Russia should "release the S700s" and "shoot everything down," etc. ( Sep 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180919 : I think a basic question here is whether the Israelis were deliberately trying to down the II-20. ( Sep 19, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180919 : Occupying foreign nations and killing foreign people in order to pay for college and to pay the mortgage and set up an retirement plan is weakness, not strength. "Thank you for your service", indeed. Too many Americans still worship at the altar of the Pentagon. ( Sep 19, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180919 : As for Nutty Nikki Haley, Israeli PM Netenyahu wanted Haley in that spot ( Sep 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180919 : The Lehman 10th Anniversary spin as a Teachable Moment by Michael Hudson ( Sep 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180919 : In 2008, Obama was touted as a political outsider who will hose away all of the rot and bloody criminality of the Bush years. He turned out to be a deft move by our ruling class. Though fools still refuse to see it, Obama is a perfect servant of our military banking complex. Now, Trump is being trumpeted as another political outsider. ( Sep 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180918 : Neoliberal EU faces the same crisis as the USA -- rejection of globalization by the majority of population ( Sep 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180918 : The Anne Frank Test by Philip Giraldi ( Sep 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180918 : Russia supported north in the USA Civil war ( Sep 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180918 : The Israeli pilots used the Russian plane as cover and set it up to be targeted by the Syrian air defense forces. ( Sep 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180916 : US goal was to take Ukraine into the future that it deserves. Now with grivna devaluation of over 300% we see what they meant ( May 31, 2015 , The Guardian )
- 20180916 : Are We Becoming What We Once Hated by Eric Margolis ( Sep 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180916 : British society is under the imminent threat of Putin-Nazi Novichok perfume assassin hit squads ( Sep 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180916 : The Enigma of Orwellian Donald Trump -- How Does He Get Away with It So Easily by Prof Rodrigue Tremblay ( Aug 17, 2018 , www.globalresearch.ca )
- 20180916* Perils of Ineptitude by Andrew Levin ( Aug 03, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180916 : To be banned by Amazon is not equivalent to being banned by any other private business. Most publishers will admit that Amazon has replaced Bowker Books in Print as the industry's authoritative guide to what books in English have been printed in the past and what is in print now ( Sep 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180916 : This story about Hoffman's getting censored and removed from Amazon's Kindle books is a fine example of why libertarianism is idealistic nonsense. ( Sep 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180916 : A typical White helmet rescues always had a small diesel fire and usually some white smoke, a bunch of rescuers who ran into the building while the commenter gave a speech, and then rescuers ran the rescued infants past the camera while the narrator gave a 'moral' speech. ( Sep 16, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180916 : It was the "higher power" in the form of the Revolutionary Republican Napoleon Bonaparte who finally abolished the Inquisition with the French invasion of Spain, which suggests by parallel that when the US state collapses it will take its neocons with it. ( Sep 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180916 : On the censorship of Michael Hoffman's books by Amazon by The Saker ( Sep 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180916 : Exaggerated claims about Jews power (Jewocracy) do more harm then good and give a perfect weapon for Zionists to censor critique of Israel ( Sep 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180915 : In view of neoliberal MSM witch hunt, the book Journalists for Hire by Udo Ufkotte is now even more important that at the time of its publication ( Aug 24, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180915* BBC is skanky state propaganda ( Aug 30, 2018 , craigmurray.org.uk ) [Recommended]
- 20180915 : More Facebook Censorship by snoopydawg ( Aug 14, 2018 , caucus99percent.com )
- 20180915 : The censorship escalated lately but it is of course following a long trend -- Facebook was shutting down pro-Palestine pages, and of course there was the PropOrNot fiasco and the tweaking of Google s algorithms to suppress alternative websites ( Aug 23, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180915 : JFK Assassination Link Found To Recent Financial Swindle by Michael Collins Piper ( Jul 07, 2008 , www.americanfreepress.net )
- 20180915 : "Drain the Swamp" and "MAGA" were skillfully crafted psyops, most likely from the inner sanctum of the most pernicious lobbying outfit on Capitol Hill, AIPAC. ( Sep 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180915 : The Khmer Rouge victory in Cambodia was precipitated by the U.S. bombings ( Sep 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180915 : Bob Woodward's book completely discredit the "Russiagate" story ( Sep 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180914* European media writing pro-US stories under CIA pressure - German journo ( Oct 18, 2014 , www.youtube.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180914* English Translation of Udo Ulfkotte s Bought Journalists Suppressed ( Sep 14, 2018 , off-guardian.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180914 : Russian translation of the book ( Sep 14, 2018 , www.litmir.me )
- 20180914* The book Journalists for Hire How the CIA Buys the News Dr. Udo Ulfkotte was "privished" ( Sep 14, 2018 , www.amazon.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180914 : Woodward is a career CIA agent as documented in many articles, such as this ( Sep 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180914 : Obama's Imperial Presidency by Carl Boggs ( Sep 14, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20180914 : Paths of Glory ( Sep 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180914 : This Memorial Day, remember the 116,516 Americans President Wilson killed in that senseless war. ( Sep 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180914 : The current endless "War on Terra" can be seen as an increasingly desperate attempt of a fading American Empire to hold on to and maintain its power and hegemony, again with the material, human, and moral cost of this war actually accelerating its demise. ( Sep 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180914 : The US are not interested in winning and leaving they want to continue disrupting the peaceful integration of East, West, and South Asia. ( Sep 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180914 : Infinite War: The Gravy Train Rolls by Andrew J. Bacevich ( Jun 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180914 : The CIA Owns the US and European Media ( Sep 14, 2018 , www.theblogmire.com )
- 20180913 : After Trump: The Donald in the Rearview Mirror by Andrew J. Bacevich ( Sep 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180912 : "Staged Filming of False Flag 'Chemical Attacks' Has Begun in Idlib ( Sep 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180912 : Panic And Dismay Leaked Video Reveals Distraught Google Execs Grappling With Hillary Clinton's Loss ( Sep 12, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180912 : Henry A. Wallace on amrican fascism ( Sep 12, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180912 : Since we've rarely been in such situations as Trump created in Syria, we don't really know what the margin of error is, nor what could lead to the use of nuclear weapons. ( Sep 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180912 : Did Sanders' people challenge 'the Russians did it' propaganda line, demand the DNC servers be examined by forensic specialists and investigate Crowdstrike? No. ( Sep 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180912 : Colin Wright ( Sep 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180912 : Op-ed is particularly telling describing how the White House staff has succeeded in "[calling out] countries like Russia for meddling and [having them] punished accordingly" in spite of the president's desire for d tente was definitely written by neocon faction of NYT (and.or WH) ( Sep 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180912 : Neocons typically are chickenhawks and draft dodgers ( Sep 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180912 : Twenty American military veterans commit suicide on average every day, according to a recent report from the US Department of Veteran Affairs ( Sep 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180912 : There is a tendency to think Trump is unique. He is not Several other Presidents resorted to open militarism before as a wya to avoid domestic problems ( Sep 12, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20180912 : Unravelling ( Sep 12, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20180912 : Explosive Skripal allegations may blow up in Syria by George Galloway ( Sep 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180912 : How Trump can get rid of the author of NYT op-ed ( Sep 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180912 : Haley: if there are chemical weapons that are used, we know exactly who's going to use them. ( Sep 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180912 : Those who planned and caused to happen 9/11 clearly were not American patriots. The attack was physically and psychically and politically against the people of the United States, including the American military. ( Sep 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180912 : The founders of the state of Israel took the land which it now claims from its real owners by unlimited violence, simply killing everyone who resisted ( Sep 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180911 : Greg Bacon ( Sep 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180911 : Why I Don't Speak of the Fake News of "9-11" Anymore by Edward Curtin ( Sep 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180910 : Francesco Cossiga, formerly President of Italy, flat-out said that the major governments in Europe all privately recognise that 9-11 was run by the USA Israel ( Sep 10, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180910 : What was the role of Izrailies in 911? ( Sep 10, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180910 : American Pravda 9-11 Conspiracy Theories by Ron Unz ( Sep 10, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180910 : Here's The Criticism Jeff Bezos and Amazon Actually Deserve ( Sep 09, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180910 : The CIA Owns the US and European Media by Paul Craig ROBERTS ( Sep 10, 2018 , www.strategic-culture.org )
- 20180909 : The Yinon Plan, is an Israeli strategic plan to ensure Israeli regional superiority stipulates reconfiguration of its geo-political environment through the balkanization of the surrounding Arab states into smaller and weaker states. ( Sep 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180909 : The "controversial" Al Jazeera Documentary on THE LOBBY in the USA: What it is about, and why it cannot and may never be shown to the world. ( Sep 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180909 : Neocons attempt to replay Iraq "success" in Iran ( Sep 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180909 : Sharon's famous statement 'we control America' is not the only one ( Sep 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180909 : Israel's Fifth Column: Exercising control from inside the government by Philip Giraldi ( Sep 04, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180909 : In Britain Israel uses the same tactics as in in the USA ( Sep 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180909 : Financial interests dominate politics at least since 1902 ( Sep 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180909 : It should be noted that the NYT oped cruise missile happened to be exactly timed with the big splash of the Bob Woodward 'book' that trumpets the same meme ie the Trump administration is dysfunctional and in a state of mutiny ( Sep 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180909 : No trick is too low for those who consider Trump an intolerable intruder on THEIR power territory ( Sep 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180909 : Regime Change -- American Style by Pat Buchanan ( Sep 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180909 : The McCain Death Extravaganza ( Sep 09, 2018 , larouchepac.com )
- 20180909 : It seems that the Wiesenthals and the Klarsfelds simply melted away and evaporated as soon as the Jewish State began sending the Israel-made weaponry to the neo-Nazi in Ukraine. ( Sep 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180909 : Talking of neoliberal globalists 5th column, lest forget the solid one in the UK and Skripal's affair is thier work ( Sep 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180909 : Intelligence community as Jesuits of MIC ( Sep 09, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180908 : Trump was warned repeatedly about the neocons et al, but has chosen to staff up with the same swamp creatures he ostensibly meant to expurgate. ( Sep 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180907 : Neoliberal Totalitarianism And The Social Contract Countercurrents ( Sep 07, 2018 , countercurrents.org )
- 20180906 : The US Military is Winning. No, Really, It Is! by Nick Turse ( Sep 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180904 : The White House, the Senate, and much of the American media are in our hands, the lives of others do not count as much as our own ( Sep 04, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180904 : The USA intelligence agencies push for elimination of Microsoft software in Russia and China ( Sep 04, 2018 , nationalinterest.org )
- 20180904 : I think that the US strategy is very sound and its aims are obvious. Since they can't win any "hot" war of any significance, they decided to lure Russia into Cold war 2. And we all know who "won" Cold war 1. ( Sep 04, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180903 : Israel's Fifth Column by Philip Giraldi ( Sep 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180903 : Why the whole banking system is a scam ( Sep 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180903 : Tenth Anniversary of Financial Collapse, Preparing for the Next Crash by Kevin Zeese and Margaret Flowers ( Sep 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180903 : New Book Gives Credence to US Ambassador's Claim That Israel Tried to Assassinate Him in 1980 ( Sep 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180903 : The US Department of Homeland Security fabricated "intelligence reports" of Russian election hacking ( Sep 03, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180903 : Neoliberalism privatised profits and socialised risk and losses ( Sep 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180903 : How identity politics poison politivcal dioscourse and divide people by Tobias Langdon ( Sep 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180903* www.informationclearinghouse.info/50168.htm In Memoriam by Paul Edwards ( Sep 03, 2018 , www.informationclearinghouse.info ) [Recommended]
- 20180903 : Inspired by the Atlantic Council and Ben Nimmo, Facebook deletes Craig Murray's posts since July 2017 - apparently cause he's a 'Russian bot' ( Sep 03, 2018 , craigmurray.org.uk )
- 20180903 : Poison for the Goyim- More Hysteria and Hyperbole about Labour Anti-Semitism by Tobias Langdon ( Sep 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180902* Open letter to President Trump concerning the consequences of 11 September 2001 by Thierry Meyssan ( Aug 30, 2018 , www.voltairenet.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180902 : The countries that are truly dependent on Russia are in ex-communist Eastern Europe. They still rely on a network of pipelines built by USSR, and would go into energy crisis if Russia suddenly ended supply. ( Sep 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180902 : Foreign currency private debt is worse in Russia than in the rest of East-Central Europe other than Hungary ( Sep 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180902 : Is the next US aggression on Syria already scheduled- by The Saker ( Sep 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180902 : Is Trumpism a step toward neofascism ? ( Sep 02, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180902 : The primary link between neoliberalism and fascism is their insistence that the weak go to the wall. Communism denies this so did all societies before the British empire of the C19th. ( Sep 02, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180902 : Arendt equivalence of communism and Nazism was intellectually dishonest ( Sep 02, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180902 : Fascism (and Nazism) is a logical result of evolution of Liberalism. We need to discard the most persuading Cold War myth: the myth of totalitarianism ( Sep 02, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180902 : Slide to national security state due to crisis of neoliberalism was unavoidable ( Sep 02, 2018 , failedevolution.blogspot.com )
- 20180902 : In the Shadow of the CIA: Liberalism's Big Embarrassing Moment by PAUL BUHLE ( Aug 26, 2016 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20180902 : How the CIA plotted against us ( Sep 02, 2018 , www.newstatesman.com )
- 20180902 : The CIA and the Cultural Cold War Revisited by James Petras ( Nov 01, 1999 )
- 20180901 : WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO INDICT AIPAC? ( Sep 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180901 : Survey of the pervasively corrupt history of Robert Mueller ( Sep 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180901 : Trump wants his FBI and DOJ to "do the right thing" or he "may have to get involved." He better act soon or be scalped by Mueller. ( Sep 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180901 : Johnnie Walker Read ( Sep 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180901 : We are in for another two years of alternating Russia and Nazi hysteria in neoliberal MSM by C.J. Hopkins ( Aug 31, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180901 : We live in times in which the media elites and academia are fully insane. That means that the 'normal' levels of insanity and venality for career politicians will be ramped up ( Sep 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180831 : The globalists would find use for a Trump presidency, more so in fact than a Clinton presidency ( Aug 31, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180831 : The real McCain eulogy: from blackagendareport.com ( Aug 31, 2018 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20180831 : Which Fascist Said This ( Aug 31, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180831 : Sources Go Quiet in Moscow ( Aug 31, 2018 , www.globalresearch.ca )
- 20180831 : Erasing the Truth and Fabricating Fake Narratives ( Aug 31, 2018 , www.globalresearch.ca )
- 20180830 : Why the U.S. Never Learns from Foreign Policy Failures ( Aug 30, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180830 : >Once the spy agencies become the controlling element a government degenerates into a regime or imperium depending upon its level of power. ( Aug 30, 2018 , craigmurray.org.uk )
- 20180830 : Skripals, BBC and Ukranians by craig ( Aug 27, 2018 , craigmurray.org.uk )
- 20180829 : How the Department of Homeland Security Created a Deceptive Tale of Russia Hacking US Voter Sites ( Aug 29, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180829 : The Other Side Of John McCain by Max Blumenthal ( Aug 29, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180829 : Social Media Giants Enter NATO Service ( Aug 29, 2018 , ronpaulinstitute.org )
- 20180828 : Just move on. The Guardian is not a relevant news outlet. ( Aug 28, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180828 : Goodbye to All That by Judith Coburn ( Aug 28, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180828 : Mueller is part of the plot against Trump as is Rosenstein. Both are guilty of sedition as active participants in a coup to overthrow the POTUS ( Aug 28, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180828* A Colony in a Nation by Chris Hayes ( Mar 23, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180828 : CRITICIZE ISRAEL AND GO TO JAIL? IS THAT HOW LOW ZIONISTS HAVE SUNK? ( Aug 28, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180828 : The Crucifixion of Jeremy Corbyn by Philip Giraldi ( Aug 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180827 : On a difference between ruthless ambition with psychopathy. They have similar features, but are not the same ( Aug 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180827 : Superficial differences between Dems and Republicans begs the question -- who is (and has been since the 1940s) setting US policy? If we, the voters, cannot alter or change our national policies, then democratic oversight of the Republic is nothing but a sham ( Aug 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180827 : Sic Semper Tyrannis - John McCain is Dead by Willy B ( Aug 27, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180827 : Jimmy Dore rightly states they are CIA funded campaigns of Dems candidates ( Aug 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180827 : Rich, middle class and poor relationship ( Aug 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180827 : WSWS.org offers a valuable alternative perspective on current events ( Aug 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180827 : Corbyn is being destroyed -- like blowing up a bridge to stop an advancing army by Jonathan Cook ( Aug 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180827 : Disclaimer ( Aug 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180827 : Chemically induced fanaticism. We have no idea which of our 'opinion leaders' have undergone such antidepressant induced change ( Aug 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180827 : The Deep state is not, repeat not , the American people ( Aug 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180827 : Ukraine and NATO ( Aug 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180827 : Hillary was Sec of State at the time the US election-meddling-and-color-revolution brigade tried to rig the Russian elections against Putin. ( Aug 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180827 : The key features of an authoritarian government ( Aug 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180827 : Russian Threat ( Aug 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180827 : Empire Spymongering and Elite Conspiracy Practioners by James Petras ( Aug 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180827 : A contribution to the occasional commentary on the capture of social networks by the MIC ( Aug 27, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180827 : There are huge holes in Browder story, made clear in his deposition in the Prevezon case ( Aug 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180827 : The CIA is the armed wing of Washington's permanently governing technocratic party, in the same way the KGB was the armed wing of the Soviet Communist Party. For both the contol of MSM is the part of the agenda ( Aug 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180826 : Jonathan Winer, Steele dossier and the Magnitsky Act ( Aug 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180826 : Mass Dementia in the Western Establishment by Diana Johnstone ( Jul 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180826 : Trump and Corbyn by Israel Shamir ( Aug 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180825 : >The BBC Is a CIA Asset ( Aug 25, 2018 , www.paulcraigroberts.org )
- 20180824 : Trump's election appears to have caused the security state to move into overdrive and in its haste drop almost all pretense re the attempts to control access to dissenting narratives ( Aug 24, 2018 , disqus.com )
- 20180824 : From reading The Devil s Chessboard it is quite clear that Allen Dulles still ran things after he was fired by JFK, and was most likely the coordinator of the assassination ( Aug 24, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180824 : Do Democrats Want an Impeachment Fight by Pat Buchanan ( Aug 24, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180824 : Some info about the American senator who famously could not remember how many houses he and his wife owned. ( Aug 24, 2018 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20180824 : Brennan was caught spying on the Senate Intelligence Commitee, subsequently lied about it and allegedly directed personnel under his command to lie about to the Senate and the IG ( Aug 24, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180824 : The exhibit A as for the CIA capture of both congress and MSM ( Aug 24, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180823 : "Don't get fat": but be careful to understand what's too fat, what too thin. If correlation is worth anything never certain then if you want a long life be "overweight". Don't, please don't, flirt with being "underweight". ( Aug 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180823 : What the Brennan Affair Really Reveals by Stephen Cohen ( Aug 23, 2018 , www.thenation.com )
- 20180823 : The War Piece to End All War Pieces Or How to Fight a War of Ultimate Repetitiousness by Tom Engelhardt ( Aug 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180822 : Thorfinnsson s Take on Tesla by Anatoly Karlin ( Aug 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180822 : In Spies Battle, Trump Holds the High Ground by Pat Buchanan ( Aug 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180822* The CIA Owns the US and European Media by Paul Craig Roberts ( Aug 18, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180822 : Trump Caves To Enemy Of The People -- Time To Show Loyalty To Those Loyal To Him, by James Kirkpatrick - The Unz Review ( Aug 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180822* Facebook Kills "Inauthentic" Foreign News Accounts - US Propaganda Stays Alive ( Aug 22, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180821 : Will the Real John Brennan Please Stand Up by Philip Giraldi ( Aug 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180819 : What's going on in the US is unprecedented. The entire political or so-called liberal establishment is fighting with every means at their disposal against a democratically elected President. ( Aug 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180819 : Economics ( Aug 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180819 : Neoliberals have monopolized the information distribution system internet and television and used it to silence critics, prevent competing platforms from arising, bully society into accepting their standards of conduct and thought, blacklist conservatives in Hollywood, promote physical violence against dissenters ( Aug 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180819 : The Russian government-sponsored news outlets, RT and Sputnik News, registered as foreign agents in the US at the orders of the Department of Justicw but CIA controlled outlets in Russia still were not converted to the same status ( Aug 19, 2018 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20180818* Corporate Media the Enemy of the People by Paul Street ( Aug 18, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180818 : In A Corporatist System Of Government, Corporate Censorship Is State Censorship -- Consortiumnews ( Aug 18, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180818 : Pence brought in swamp creatures like Rosenstein, John Bolton, Nikki Haley. ( Aug 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180818 : I've noticed the "Power Elite" have decided to rewrite American history in regards to the American Civil War ( Aug 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180818 : The CIA manufactures fake news (often out of whole cloth) to suit a preconceived agenda (such as the evisceration of human rights or the pursuit of full spectrum dominance) ( Aug 18, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180818 : Is Russia an Adversary by Gary Leupp ( Aug 13, 2018 , dissidentvoice.org )
- 20180817 : Lavrov Brilliantly Dissects Western Lies And Manipulations On The False Flag And Skripals ( Apr 16, 2018 , www.youtube.com )
- 20180817 : Review Revolutionary Optimism, Western Nihilism by Andre Vltchek, by David William Pear - The Unz Review ( Aug 17, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180817 : It is quite interesting how many uninformed posters and/or trolls would love to find a way to show the Russiagate nonsense is somehow plausible in spite of the evidence ( Aug 17, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180817 : What is definitely conclusive is the Gucci 2 entity forged the inclusion of Russian fingerprints in the leaked version of the documents by pasting it into a Russian language Word template. ( Aug 17, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180817 : The Big Lie works, and since Obama gutted Smith-Mundt, the CIA/ State Department can legally keep Americans tracking on their propaganda narratives ( Aug 15, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180817 : New York Times exploits Parkland tragedy to escalate anti-Russian campaign - World Socialist Web Site ( Feb 21, 2018 , www.wsws.org )
- 20180817 : What if Russiagate is the New WMDs ( Aug 16, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180815 : "Under the mantle of the "war on terrorism," successive US governments, Democratic and Republican alike, have not only conducted wars whose victims number in the millions, but also carried out an unrelenting attack on democratic rights, from domestic spying to censoring the Internet. ( Aug 15, 2018 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20180815 : Imperial brainwashing works very well: Many US citizens were willing to kill 2 million Iranian civilians to save 20,000 U.S. soldiers ( Aug 15, 2018 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20180815 : A concise summary of the nuclear attack on Japan ( Aug 15, 2018 , thenewkremlinstooge.wordpress.com )
- 20180815 : War Without End by C.J. Chivers ( Aug 15, 2018 , www.nytimes.com )
- 20180815 : Facebook Taps Militarist Think Tank Atlantic Council to Police its content ( Aug 15, 2018 , gravatar.com )
- 20180814 : Bloody Sunday 1972 The British Beginning of Gladio ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.veteranstoday.com )
- 20180814 : Book: RAND DECEPTION: The TRUTH ABOUT BILL BROWDER, the MAGNITSKY ACT, and ANTI-RUSSIAN SANCTIONS ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180814 : Is not it ironic that the neocon and MI6 corrected Browder is a grandson of two KGB agents? ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180814 : Maybe The US congress truly believe they can decapitate Russia with very little risk or damage to NATO countries, but from publicly available data it doesn't look like that. ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180814 : Trump has repeatedly stressed that Russia and the US are the two biggest nuclear powers in the world, with their combined nuclear arsenal accounting for 90 percent of world's total, and thus the US must live in peace with Russia. ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180814 : If a nuclear war starts, it is only logical for the initial combatants to target ALL powers at once, as this may be their last chance to reduce their neighbors' ability to loot and conquer after the war. ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180814 : Russia of today is in a comparatively much weaker position overall than the USSR due to powerful fifth column ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180814 : Why Confronting Israel is Important by Philip Giraldi ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180814 : Why Did 51 American State Department Officials 'Dissent' Against Obama and Call for Bombing Syria? ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180814 : Creating problems in Ukriane is one of the few ways Russia could impose tangible costs on USA ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180814 : Our Despicable, Indefensible Policy in Yemen by Daniel Larison ( Aug 13, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180814 : It was Neocons who pushed the USA to invade Iraa, but, as Greenspan said, the goals of USA were about oil not so much about Israeli interests in the region ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180814 : Israel not Russia is the one foreign country that can interfere with impunity with the political processes in the United States yet it is immune from criticism. ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180814 : America's Lengthening Enemies List by Pat Buchanan ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180814 : Does mere accusation now stand for "truth" in this inmates-running-the-asylum charade USA is putting on? ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180814 : Litvinenko affair now looks like a dressed rehearsal of Skripals ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180814 : From the point of view of UN law the sate of Israel is an outlaw. ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180814 : An objective criticism of the Zionist enterprise now a days and its apologists resort immediately to unrestrained howls and accusations of antisemitism. ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180814 : Try track me after that, google. ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180814 : I am sure the tracking your movements all the time it s just a harmless oversight on the part of Google. ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180814 : Paranoia as a natural condition of people living in the national security state: Faraday Cages for sale! Get yours today -- or they'll get you tomorrow! ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180814 : Iran s Supreme Leader No War Nor Negotiations Ever With This White House ( Aug 14, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180814 : Washington won t be winning any wars against Russia and/or China. It should stick with what it s good at, that is bombing third world countries, on behalf of its Zionist masters. On second thoughts, it shouldn t be doing that either. ( Aug 14, 2018 , russia-insider.com )
- 20180814* US Intelligence Community is Tearing the Country Apart from the Inside by Dmitry Orlov ( Jul 28, 2018 , russia-insider.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180813 : Google Is Constantly Tracking, Even If You Turn Off Device Location History ( Aug 13, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180813 : New US Sanctions vs. Russia by Anatoly Karlin ( Aug 13, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180813 : If the world was a theater, Americans see themselves as the only performers -- the role of the rest of the world is to applaud their performance. ( Aug 13, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180811 : Robert Kaplan Writes In Defense Of Slavery ( Mar 21, 2014 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180811 : The Week In Tech Infowars and China's Great Firewall ( Aug 11, 2018 , www.nytimes.com )
- 20180811 : The USA never ratified Versailles, on the contrary, there came neutrality laws. ( Aug 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180810 : "Be harmonious, enrich the soldiers, scorn all others" ~ Emperor Septimius Severus to his sons ( Aug 10, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180810 : America's Militarized Economy by Eric Zuesse ( Aug 10, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180810 : There is also the documented presence of American forces and officers in the operations room of the Saudi coalition ( Aug 10, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180810 : Hitler Trump The Great Man Theory Debunked by Gerold ( Aug 10, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180809 : No fighter of the establishment would make such stupid mistakes as Trump has ( Aug 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180808 : Imagine what is coming in the United States where the simmering hatreds are invited and exploited by not three distinct groups, but hundreds by Sic Semper ( Aug 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180808 : The Constitution looked fairly good on paper, but it was not a popular document; people were suspicious of it, and suspicious of the enabling legislation that was being erected upon it ( Aug 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180808 : In past wars, civilian oil tankers did not sail through the straits ( Aug 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180808 : The Elys e and Gladio B by Thierry Meyssan ( Aug 08, 2018 , www.voltairenet.org )
- 20180808 : Zone23 is sort of a cross between 1984, Fahrenheit 451, and Brave New World, but with better, much funnier, dialogue. It also introduces the corporate-state-hybrid as a menacing enemy. ( Aug 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180808 : The CIA, FBI, and US army killed Dr. King with the help of their organized crime assets. JFK might be killed the same way ( Aug 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180808 : At some point the Western Powers decided the that old Communist Apparachik Milosevic would be the Bad Guy and the Croatian freedom-loving "our bastards" the good guys to be internationally recognized and thus enflamed the passion of secession. ( Aug 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180808 : National Socialist propaganda was contradictory; it's content was determined by the class for which it was intended. Only in its manipulation of the mystical feelings of the masses was it clear and consistent. ( Aug 08, 2018 , www.goodreads.com )
- 20180808 : Wilhelm Reich Quotes ( Aug 08, 2018 , www.goodreads.com )
- 20180808 : Bill Clinton's Rules of Engagement on the already identified Enemies of the People ( Aug 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180808* Ten Bombshell Revelations From Seymour Hersh's New Autobiography ( Aug 08, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180808 : The Soviet entry into the war played a much greater role than the atomic bombs in inducing Japan to surrender because it dashed any hope that Japan could terminate the war through Moscow's mediation ( Aug 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180808 : Trump as the disposable President for the Neocons? ( Aug 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180808 : Israel is not only Iran's greatest enemy ( Aug 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180808 : American Pravda Jews and Nazis by Ron Unz ( Aug 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180808 : Jerusalem could be a safer location for the US Embassy than Tel Aviv if there is a war against Iran. For religious reasons ;-) ( Aug 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180807 : OIL and only OIL should guide the policy making considerations of the American Empire in the Middle East ( Aug 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180807 : Britain Tightens NATO s Noose Around Russia ( Aug 07, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20180807 : Ministries of Nineteen Eighty-Four ( Aug 07, 2018 , en.wikipedia.org )
- 20180807 : Ministry of Plenty ( Aug 07, 2018 , en.wikipedia.org )
- 20180807 : Hit piece on Tulsi Gabbard in the Intercept, attacking her anti-war politics. ( Aug 07, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20180807 : More Lies About the White Helmets by Philip Giraldi ( Aug 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180807 : The Legacy of Infinite War ( Aug 07, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20180807 : Trump Politics Power, Powerlessness and the Perfect Target by David Rosen ( Aug 07, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20180807 : Truth Decay: Living in the Age of the Big Lie ( Aug 07, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20180807 : During the presidential political campaign, Trump made clear that he was against regime change and that is why many people voted for him. Now he is trying to launch a potentially disastrous war on Iran. ( Aug 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180807 : Live Mark Zuckerberg testifies before Congress ( Aug 07, 2018 , www.cnn.com )
- 20180806 : Krieger Stop Complaining And Just Delete Facebook by Mike Krieger ( Aug 06, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180806 : Sanctions and Trump s Disdain for Diplomacy by Daniel Larison ( Aug 06, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180806 : Both Zionism and Nazism are essentially exaggerations of Nineteenth century European racial nationalism, both posit a more or less imaginary history to justify their territorial claims ( Aug 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180805 : Question ( Aug 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180805 : Israel is not only Iran's greatest enemy, it's ours as well. ( Aug 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180805 : Trump as the "disposable President" for the Neocons? ( Aug 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180805 : What If Everything We've Been Told About Recent History Is a Lie ( Aug 05, 2018 , russia-insider.com )
- 20180805 : Marxism is a colossal ideology ( Aug 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180805 : Multiculturalism is a recipe for national suicide. Culture, including religious belief, is the unifying factor that allows strangers to work with one another, by ensuring that they share the same assumptions about morality and about correct behavior in general. ( Aug 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180805 : "Anti-semitism" is merely the enforcement wing of Zionism ( Aug 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180805 : American Pravda the Nature of Anti-Semitism by Ron Unz ( Aug 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180805 : Nationalists winning Eastern Europe after the dissolution of the USSR is a verifiable tendency ( Aug 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180805 : Ideas of stability, homeostasis, and the like, cannot win. ( Aug 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180805 : Mulegino1 ( Aug 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180805 : Bernie Sanders did everything he was told he should do. He supported the Democratic establishment candidate, and now he believes the Russiagate story. ( Aug 05, 2018 , caucus99percent.com )
- 20180805 : Earlier this year, Representative James Moran, a Democrat, said that "if it were not for the strong support of the Jewish community for this war with Iraq, we would not be doing this." ( Aug 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180805 : Human beings, in their thinking, feeling and acting are not free but as causally bound as the stars in their motions ( Aug 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180805 : Are you a Russiagate traitor by gjohnsit ( Aug 04, 2018 , caucus99percent.com )
- 20180805 : Cry Havoc and let slip the dogs of war! a vote in epic bipartisan collegiality ( Aug 05, 2018 , caucus99percent.com )
- 20180805 : A real collusion happened with 911. The BBC knew that tower 7 would fall before it did ( Aug 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180804 : Edward Snowden 5 years in Russia and still relevant as ever ( Aug 04, 2018 , theduran.com )
- 20180804 : The "next" financial crisis and public banking as the response by Michael Hudson ( Aug 04, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180804 : The US establishment behind the Helsinki Summit, by Manlio Dinucci ( Aug 04, 2018 , www.voltairenet.org )
- 20180804 : The warmonger s response to negotiation, by Manlio Dinucci ( Aug 04, 2018 , www.voltairenet.org )
- 20180803 : The Ron Paul Institute for Peace and Prosperity The Bizarre Facebook Path to Corporate Fascism ( Aug 03, 2018 , ronpaulinstitute.org )
- 20180803 : Latin America: Reforms Which Deform ( Aug 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180803 : Would War With Iran Doom Trump by Pat Buchanan ( Aug 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180803 : The elites "have no credibility left by David North and Chris Hedges ( Oct 06, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20180803 : Appeasement as Global Policy by James Petras ( Aug 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180803 : A Threat to Global Democracy How Facebook Surveillance Capitalism Empower Authoritarianism ( Aug 01, 2018 , www.democracynow.org )
- 20180803 : Anglo America Russophobes as Fake Miracle workers; the Post Christ Resurrections ( Jun 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180802 : Theatrical micro-militarism ( Aug 02, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180802 : Note on the level of efficiency of imperial brainwashing ( Aug 02, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20180802 : As I heard a USA female politician say about the USA Zionist lobby 'we do not like them, w're afraid of them'. ( Aug 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180802 : Chalmers Johnson Dismantling the Empire by Tom Engelhardt ( Jul 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180802 : No Peter Brimelow, I Am Not Reviewing Jonah [Expletive Deleted] Goldberg's New Book by Hubert Collins ( Aug 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180802 : A foolproof method for proving which journalists are controlled by the C.I.A ( Aug 02, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180731 : Three Good Reasons To Liquidate Our Empire by Chalmers Johnson ( Jul 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180731 : As I heard a USA female politician say about the USA Zionist lobby 'we do not like them, w're afraid of them'. ( Jul 31, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180731 : Three Good Reasons To Liquidate Our Empire, by Chalmers Johnson - The Unz Review ( Jul 31, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180731 : Chalmers Johnson Dismantling the Empire, by Tom Engelhardt - The Unz Review ( Jul 31, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180731 : A foolproof method for proving which journalists are controlled by the C.I.A ( Jul 31, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180731 : Top German Editor CIA Bribing Journalists ( Oct 03, 2014 , russia-insider.com )
- 20180730 : Bezos purchased the long-trusted US newspaper for the power it would ensure him in Washington ( Jul 30, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180730 : It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for an American to understand the truth by Paul Haeder ( Jul 27, 2018 , dissidentvoice.org )
- 20180729 : Russophobic madness of the US neoliberal elite after Trump-Putin summit in Helsinki ( Jul 21, 2018 , ronpaulinstitute.org )
- 20180729 : Russians exposed a CIA spook who's implicated not only in Secret Agent Browder's war propaganda ( Jul 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180729 : Trump is being beaten down by the propaganda arm of the deep state (the MSM) but his tenacity is paying off. Already poles are indicating that the majority of people are not taken in by the charade ( Jul 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180729 : The Helsinki summit, CIA-run media and U.S.-Russian Relations ( Jul 18, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180728* American Society Would Collapse If It Were not For These 8 Myths by Lee Camp ( Jul 27, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180728 : What Does Google Know About You An (Auto)Complete Guide by John Mason ( Jul 27, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180728 : Google, Facebook, MSN, and Twitter are all highly suspect ( Aug 24, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180728 : Alphabet's Eric Schmidt Steps Down From Executive Chairman Role ( Jul 28, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180728 : Surveillance Valley by Yasha Levine Hachette Book Group PublicAffairs ( Jul 28, 2018 , www.publicaffairsbooks.com )
- 20180728 : Keeping Russia as an Enemy ( Jul 28, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20180728 : Paul Craig Roberts Exposes The All-Pervasive Military-Security Complex ( Jul 28, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180727 : America's Allies Against Russia Iran, by Eric Zuesse - The Unz Review ( Jul 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180725 : Making Shit Up - The US Intelligence Community As 'Collapse Driver' ( Jul 25, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180725 : Trump and Corporatism ( Jul 23, 2018 , mainlymacro.blogspot.com )
- 20180724 : Browder is one of those nine Russian oligarchs who stole hundreds of billions from Russia, helped by the drunken buffoon Yeltsin and a battery of Wall Street financial sharpies who also filled their pockets. ( Jul 24, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180724 : Is Bill Browder the Most Dangerous Man in the World by Philip Giraldi ( Jul 24, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180724 : Helsinki Secrets by Israel Shamir ( Jul 24, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180724 : What puzzles me a bit isn't "them" or their servants (media etc.). It's people in general. They appear to be buying that manufactured reality with ease. In this era of instant communications it's.......sobering. ( Jul 24, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180724 : How think tanks sell war... ( Aug 18, 2017 , ronpaulinstitute.org )
- 20180723* Doublethink and Newspeak Do We Have a Choice by Greg Guma ( Aug 21, 2017 , www.globalresearch.ca ) [Recommended]
- 20180723* The Prophecy of Orwell's 1984. Totalitarian Control and the Entertainment Culture that Takes Over by Edward Curtin ( Jul 20, 2018 , www.globalresearch.ca ) [Recommended]
- 20180723 : American Pravda The Bolshevik Revolution and Its Aftermath, by Ron Unz - The Unz Review ( Jul 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180723 : The USA is the perfect environment for the virus of groupthink to spread. ( Jul 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180723* Chickens with Their Heads Cut Off, Coming Home to Roost. The "Treason Narrative" by Helen Buyniski ( Jul 23, 2018 , www.globalresearch.ca ) [Recommended]
- 20180723 : "Summitgate" screaming comes not only from the US mainstream, but also from that European elite ( Jul 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180723 : Cagey Beast ( Jul 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180723 : Muslim population of Russia ( Jul 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180723 : Those people who still think Trey Gowdy is some sort of great conservative warrior are about as annoying as those who still do not realize that Steve Bannon is nothing but a bloviating, Deep State douchebag. ( Jul 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180723 : MK-DELTABURKE ( Jul 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180723 : 'Perpetual War' Explained In 140 Seconds ( Jul 23, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180723 : Usage Examples of Our Intelligence Community, with Implications ( Jul 23, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20180723 : Brennan, Hayden, Panetta, Morell, might well be children of parents who supported Joseph McCarthy ( Jul 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180722 : Trump Trips, But He's Right On Russia. Our Ruling Class Is Crazy. Remember The Romanovs! by John Derbyshire ( Jul 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180722 : Mass Dementia in the Western Establishment by Diana Johnstone ( Jul 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180722 : The Schizophrenic Deep State Is A Symptom, Not The Disease ( Jul 22, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180722 : Crooked Timber -- Out of the crooked timber of humanity, no straight thing was ever made ( Jul 22, 2018 , crookedtimber.org )
- 20180721 : The Intelligence Community , in particular CIA, is a central executive force in the circus, in collaboration with MI6 and the obedient assets in the NATO sphere, but they have grown so incompetent due to incessant politicizing and sycophantism that they are perhaps little more a paper tiger by now? ( Jul 21, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180720 : Doubting The Intelligence Of The Intelligence Community by Ilana Mercer ( Jul 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180720 : Mrs. Clinton, who was criminally negligent with regard to the most important classified information, has been protected by the politicking Brennan, Clapper, and Mueller ( Jul 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180720 : The reception of the Trump- Putin meeting is breathtaking. I have in my 61 years never witnessed such a hate and slander in the MSM ( Jul 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180720* Is President Trump A Traitor Because He Wants Peace With Russia by Paul Craig Roberts ( Jul 20, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180720 : The bill explicitly states that "the right to exercises national determination in the State of Israel is unique to the Jewish people ( Jul 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180719 : The Russian US Election Meddling Big Lie Won't Die by Stephen Lendman ( Jul 19, 2018 , www.globalresearch.ca )
- 20180719 : The Magnitsky Hoax by Philip Giraldi ( Jun 28, 2016 , www.unz.com )
- 20180719 : Iraqi protesters blame 'bad government, bad roads, bad people' by Patrick Cockburn ( Jul 17, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180719 : Strzokgate is a documentary proof that key elements of the U.S. intelligence community were trying to short-circuit the US democratic process ( Jan 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180719 : Rather than yell at the top of one's lungs "Fake News" when they read a mainstream or alternative media story, and immediately discount everything, people ought look CRITICALLY at the facts, consider any bias, read other sources on the issue, and then draw their own conclusions ( Jul 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180719 : Lies About Putin and Syria by Ilana Mercer ( Jul 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180719 : MIC is afread to lose money because of Trump policies by Lara Seligman ( Jul 19, 2018 , foreignpolicy.com )
- 20180718 : Why I Hate Google, Twitter, and Facebook ( Jul 18, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20180718 : Israel Shamir ( Jul 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180718 : National (In)Security by Rajan Menon ( Jul 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180717 : Doesn't the Universe work in such a way that *good* is constitutionally unable to successfully confront *evil* ( Jul 17, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180717 : IMHO believing in the Crowdstrike analysis is like believing in Santa Claus ( Jul 17, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180717 : All the post WWII wars were done in the same way: demonizing leaders, defending democracy , false flag ops. ( Jul 17, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180716 : What is the journalism equivalent for 'regulatory capture' ( Jul 16, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20180716 : It was known that Dov Zakheim had secretly arranged for $2.3 trillion dollars to be mis-appropriated through Pentagon channels when he had been the Pentagon Comptroller ( Jul 16, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180716 : The Racial Realignment of American Politics by Patrick McDermott ( Jul 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180715 : A New World Order: Brought to You by the Global-Industrial Deep State by John W. Whitehead ( Jul 12, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20180715* What Mueller won t find by Bob In Portland ( Jul 12, 2018 , caucus99percent.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180715 : Anglos don't value direct warfare, so they don't care if another military has better tech. Anglos realized a long time ago it is much less costly to just play divide and conquer to defeat a more powerful adversary by getting other countries to do the fighting. ( Jul 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180715 : Reasons Trump Breaks Nuclear-Sanction Agreement with Iran, Declares Trade War with China, and Meets with North Korea by James Petras ( May 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180715 : Forensic evidence has already proven that the data on the DNC server was downloaded on a USB thump drive. ( Jul 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180715 : Trump Marches Onward and Downward, by James Petras - The Unz Review ( Jul 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180714 : McMaken The Military Is A Jobs Program... For Immigrants Many Others ( Jul 14, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180713 : Brennan insinuations are related to attempts to preserve the American empire ( Jul 13, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180713 : Trump, Putin, Marine Le Pen, the AfD, and a variety of other globalist-hating Hitler-alikes form "the Alliance of Authoritarian and Reactionary States" (the "AARS ) conspired to disband the European Union and NATO by C.J. Hopkins ( Jul 13, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180712 : Challenging Chait s Paradigm by Hunter DeRensis ( Jul 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180711 : National security means making sure the investments of the oligarchy are secured by the nation. Gen. Smedley Butler had it right 80 years ago. ( Jul 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180711 : War is not the opposite of peace, 'security' is the opposite of peace ( Jul 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180711 : Space Command is About to Launch! by Philip Giraldi ( Jul 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180711 : Angry Bear " Bombing for Votes Public opinion shifts during the Iraq war and implications for future conflicts by Jeff Soplop ( Jul 09, 2018 , angrybearblog.com )
- 20180711 : Senator McConnell always conjures the image and mannerisms of Colonel Sanders (ala Kentucky Fried Chicken) ( Jul 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : 'Pay Up You NATO Deadbeats or Else!' by Eric Margolis ( Jul 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : American Pravda Post-War France and Post-War Germany, by Ron Unz - The Unz Review ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : MH17 and Kuala Lumpur War Crimes Tribunal which was established to oversee and investigate complaints from victims of wars and armed conflict in relation to crimes against peace, war crimes, crimes against humanity and other like offences as recognized under International Law. ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : Some feelings toward Wall Street ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : July 4th and What It Really Means for Us by Boyd D. Cathey ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : My own observation is that most of the projected U.S./Russian and U.S./Chinese confrontations would involve very extended lines of communication in the case of U.S. forces. ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : Another bait and switch ? ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : WPOP fielded by the Unv of Maryland might be preferable to the polls like Pew ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : Israel supported Al Qaeda in Syria: Former Mossad Chief ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : Heated Debate: Kevork Almassian vs. FSA opposition representatives ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : anarchyst ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : I do not recall seeing any U.S. followup to the (Vincennes) atrocity ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : Charles Krauthammer: Finally they are hitting targets power plants, fuel depots, bridges, airports, television transmitters that may indeed kill the enemy and civilians nearby ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : The CIA's return to the "bad old days," when it engaged in a global program of assassinating political leaders ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : Seymour Hersh on 'fantasy' of White House's bin Laden assassination tale ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.youtube.com )
- 20180709 : "Joshua Ryne Goldberg, a 20-year old living at his parents' house in US state of Florida, is accused of posing online as "Australi Witness," an IS supporter who publicly called for a series of attacks against individuals and events in western countries. ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : Pancake theory weakness: It is impossible that floors above break floors below and continue breaking them up to the ground level. If the floors below disintegrate, then the floors above also disintegrate. ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : The myth of Jewish "superintellegnce" as a part of Zionism set of myths ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : Gilad Atzmon: The Cognitive Elite of Jewish History ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : Jerusalem as a capital of Israel ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : On the subject of Jews celebrating the death of others, I have seen photos of them gaily cooking 'Rachel Corrie pancakes' to celebrate the death of the American student they brutally crushed to death with a tractor in occupied Palestine. ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : Radical Jews of the Hasidic type are also acting thuggish on American streets, like in Brooklyn where they committed assault, battery and kidnapping on a bicyclist. ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180709 : Feeding the Monster, by Philip Giraldi ( Jul 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180708 : Trump Ain't No Hitler by Publius Tacitus ( Jul 06, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180708 : How The United Kingdom Became A Police State ( Jul 08, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180708 : A 29-year-old clerical employee in the Escondido City Manager's Office was forced out of his job this week after city officials learned he operates an anti-Semitic website and is active in a movement that blames Jews for the 9/11 terror attacks ( Jul 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180708 : The Doctrine of 'Superior People', by James Petras ( Jul 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180707 : When the country is in US crosshears the elite of this country should better washet out: color revolutions has thier own dynamic and after they are lauchend it is more difficult to stop them that to at the very begnning. Also in such cases, as EuroMaydan has shown, an importnat role is played by turncoats with the goverment ( Jul 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180707 : ChuckOrloski ( Jul 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180707 : Correcting the historical record is not being a "fanboy" of anyone. The teaching and interpretation of history has far reaching consequences for the people, and its precisely the distortion and falsification of said history which leads to its mass manipulation ( Jul 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180707 : Hidden History: The Secret Origins of the First World War. ( Jul 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180707 : All social orders and hierarchies are imagined, they are all fragile, and the larger the society, the more fragile it is. The crucial historical role of religion has been to give superhuman legitimacy to these fragile structures ( Jul 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180707 : The Complete Unexpurgated AIPAC Tape from 1993 ( Jul 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180707 : Will Izreal survive, and id so for how long? ( Jul 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180707 : Since the model for apartheid is South Africa's segregating large parts of its population by pushing people of common race or ethnicity into Bantustans and restricting their rights in the rest off South Africa it is easy to see why Israel's treatment of Palestinians is compared to Apartheid ( Jul 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180707 : Apparently IDF escalation procedures include sniping clearly visible female nurses: ( Jul 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180707 : The recent Zionist behaviour toward Palestinians is nothing new ( Jul 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180707 : I the category of Middle Eastern countries, Israel does fairly well. In the category of Western countries Israel comes up pretty far short ( Jul 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180707 : Israel is and always has been a racist ethnocracy, i.e., a political structure in which the state apparatus is appropriated by a dominant ethnic group to further its interests, power and resources. In short, apartheid ( Jul 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180707 : This is probably a sign that relations with Arab population in Izreal can't be mended ( Jul 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : If Ukraine drifts into chaos, its neighbors, being aware of its history of extreme violence and atrocity are preparing themselves for the spillover ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : The argument for creationism as far as I've heard it posited, is that our earth was 'seeded' with the DNA molecule, (as presumably other planets throughout the universe were as well), and that this was done by some intelligent (or otherwise deliberate) agent. (G0d?) ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : I am pretty sure without WWII there would be no 1991. ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : Putin conversion from atheist to a believer ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : An interesting variation of anti-Putin propaganda in blogs ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : Russian army usually outperform Russian economy ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : Russia's history is a bit more complex than some Manichean struggle between evil Jews and noble Russian Orthodox Christians. ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : Russia, the Neoconservatives, and the Real Issues Involved by Boyd D. Cathey ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : Svidomite (Ukrainian nationalist anti-Russian view) has gotten greater academic play in US russian studies ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : Russian "neoliberals" both grant-supported and ones that are not is a separate animal altogether ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : I believe that sexual attraction to the same gender, as well as a desire to change one's gender, are symptoms of mental disorder. ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : Russophobs and neocons are not crazy: they are cynical people without scruples working for money ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : The crisis of neoliberal society and American Empire is systemic and neocons are only are only one, however important, part of that. ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : American military record of imperial adventures in second half of XX-early XXI century, once one discounts this turkey shoot of incompetent Iraq military in the Gulf Wars, is rather dismal. ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : David R. Henderson on the Effects of War ( Jul 06, 2018 , scotthorton.org )
- 20180706 : The top levels of the USM pyramid know well the limits of the neoliberal box they've gotten themselves into. They've built the wrong force structure for the world as it is and will be. ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : But I do not think the neocons are ideologues unless lawless disregard for humanity in search of profit, is an ideology. ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : Ralph Peters is a nice example of the nuttiest neocons around ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : Something about Richard Pipes ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : New PNAC formed. Called the Renew Democracy Initiative (RDI) ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : Are terms "neocon" and "Jew" synonyms ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : It used to be that the only things one could be certain of were "death taxes." Now of course we must add to that list the very dependable presence of CIA / State Dept lies parroted by MSM all over the West. ( Jul 06, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180706 : Cannot see much difference between neocons and Deep State ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : Geopolitical geo-economic challenges that the US West faces compels even good old-fashioned Anglo-Imperialists to say nasty things about Russia. ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : It not that Congress is a solid supported of Israel it is that Israel is a solid supporter of the US foreign policy ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : Sure, there are tens of millions of brain dead, so-called Christian Zionists, but their leaders are bought off with Jewish shekels. ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180706 : Are there certain things that can't be questioned in a given society, without the risk of destruction of this society? ( Jul 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180705 : Henry Wallace Warns Future Americans About the Rise of Fascism by Reich-Wing Watch ( Jul 27, 2015 , www.youtube.com )
- 20180703 : With some exceptions Putin practices "national neoliberalism" in Russia ( Jul 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180703* Musings II The "Intelligence Community," "Russian Interference," and Due Diligence ( Jun 29, 2018 , jackmatlock.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180703 : One day the world will realize how close we've come to WW III in the period between 2015/2020. An extended version of the Cuban missile crisis, if you will, but this time with only one statesman participating in this conundrum, the president of the Russian Federation, H.E. Mr. V.V. Putin. ( Jul 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180703 : Lots of people pretended to be persecuted just to get freebees in the US and elsewhere ( Jul 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180703 : No Fifth Column in the Kremlin Think again by The Saker ( Jun 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180703 : Just over a year ago, supposed Wikileaks source Seth Rich was assassinated ( Jul 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180703 : Trump's "Infrastructure" Plan: Pump Up the Pentagon by William Hartung ( Jul 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180628 : WASP culture was formed out of the "Puritan' wing of the Anglophone reformation, and Anglo-Saxon Puritanism was a Judaizing heresy. ( Jun 28, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180628 : WASP culture is specifically that which formed out of the "Puritan' wing of the Anglophone reformation, and Anglo-Saxon Puritanism was a Judaizing heresy. ( Jun 28, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180628 : Technology giants hold censorship meeting with US intelligence agencies by Will Morrow ( Jun 27, 2018 , www.wsws.org )
- 20180628 : How America's Wars Fund Inequality at Home by Stephanie Savell ( Jun 28, 2018 , www.tomdispatch.com )
- 20180628 : If Putin's behavior in the near abroad makes him a "thug," what can we say about Bush, Obama and Trump? ( Jun 28, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180628 : More trade with Russia makes subjugation of Russia impossible ( Jun 28, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180628 : At War With Ourselves The Domestic Consequences of Foreign Policies ( Jun 28, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180628 : The neocons believe in only two things. First, that the United States is the sole world superpower, given license by something like a Divine Entity to exercise global leadership by force if necessary ( Jun 28, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180628 : Did Senator Warner and Comey 'Collude' on Russia-gate by Ray McGovern ( Jun 27, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180628 : Putin said that Russia has been blocked from participating in the ongoing international investigation into the 2014 downing of flight MH17, which Russia has been recently blamed for ( Jun 28, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180627 : Holmes, Uncle Clunk, and and Epic Con Job, by Fred Reed - The Unz Review ( Jun 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180627 : jilles dykstra ( Jun 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180627 : Putin is rather philo-semitic ( Jun 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180627 : Crawfurdmuir ( Jun 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180627 : Immigration Western Wars and Imperial Exploitation Uproot Millions by James Petras ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180627 : Globalists are plum tired of American middle class population, and their main purpose in the world is over ( Jun 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180627 : An induced torpor of complacency will make it seem impossible for neoliberal globalists to accesp the new reality until the last moment, then it's too late ( Jun 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180627 : jack daniels ( Jun 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180627 : The mechanics of identity wedge in politics ( Jun 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180627 : Disclaimer ( Jun 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180627 : Have some sympathy, but my opinion is that most such groups were used at the time by the national police and by the CIA to oppose people with more serious ideas, and the support for such groups at the time by CIA etc. in the U.S.A and in Europe is making serious cultural and sometimes violent (I see photos of Antlfa morons, etc., direct descendants) blowback. ( Jun 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180627 : Space Command is About to Launch! by Philip Giraldi ( Jun 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180627 : Russia's Nuclear Doctrine Is Being Distorted Once Again ( Jun 27, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180626 : Clinton was parachuted from Arkansas as a suitable puppet. ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180626 : American Pravda The JFK Assassination, Part II Who Did It by Ron Unz ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180626 : Interesting players on the ground in Dallas that day included GHW Bush ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180626 : The cultivation of a positive American image abroad was a primary concern of the Deep State, and given what immeasurable harm the exposure of a CIA coup would have done to America's standing as 'leader of the free world' I cannot imagine the plot was CIA-hatched or led. CIA connivance and behind-the-scenes assistance raises very interesting possibilities, though. ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180626 : Why Trump delayed release of the Kennedy files yet again ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180626 : LJB and a crew of Texas Oil magnates and John Birch Society types in place and ready to help. They even posted a 'Wanted for Treason' poster the day Kennedy arrived ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180626 : Autopsy controversy ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180626 : Interesting similarities berween JFK assasination and 9/11 ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180626 : Was CIA and LBJ worked in tandem in the JFK assassination? ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180626 : The opposition media is created to nominally represent alternative views but in reality to silence of the issues you want silenced. ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180626 : Why lymo, which as acrime scene artifact was repaired so quickly ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180626 : See Col. L. Fletcher Prouty on why CIA hated JFK ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180626 : Was Osvald a CIA agent? ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180626 : Here's a good History Channel special on how LBJ may have been involved with the JFK assassination. I personally think it makes a pretty good case. ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180626 : Buzz Mohawk ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180626 : Italy bans freemasons from cabinet minister positions ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180626 : Extensive Interviews with USS Liberty Survivors' Audio tapes obtained by award winning British film maker Richard Belfield prove what every USS Liberty survivor, former Secretary of State Dean Rusk, and former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Admiral Thomas Moorer have said all along: that Israel deliberately attacked an American ship. ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180626 : Despite these very difficult conditions, a member of the crew heroically managed to jerry-rig a replacement antenna during the attempt, and by trying numerous different frequencies, was able to evade the jamming ( Jun 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180626 : "Conspiracy theories" are usually quite simple to solve: verify that there was a conspiracy verify that there was a cover-up verify that mass media is in the cover-up ( Jun 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180624 : The government of the USA has marked Putin for destruction. But I think the rest of the world is rooting for him, and the Russian people, to survive the American onslaught. ( Jun 24, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180624 : Article 17 of the Russian Constitution says rights and freedoms of person and citizen are recognized and guaranteed pursuant to the generally recognized principles and norms of international law ( Jun 24, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180624 : Treason To What I'm With The Russians, They Hate Us Less Than The Media Does!, by James Kirkpatrick - The Unz Review ( Jun 24, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180624 : dfordoom ( Jun 24, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180624 : Was the Marketplace of Ideas Politically Hijacked - ( Jun 24, 2018 , promarket.org )
- 20180624 : annamaria ( Jun 24, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180624 : The Saker publishes some interesting news re the MH17 tragedy: ( Jun 24, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180624 : Israel and the status of Jews in the USA ( Jun 24, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180624 : The Israeli historian Ilan Pappe has substantiated through archival records Israel's ethnic cleansing of 1948 in the formation of the Israeli state, methodically researched and planned since before the Holocaust ( Jun 24, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180623 : Sic Semper Tyrannis Laura Bush and Michael Hayden, No Fixing Stupid by Publius Tacitus ( Jun 23, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180621* The neoliberal agenda is agreed and enacted by BOTH parties: ( Jun 21, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180621 : Cocaine Cowboys ( Jun 21, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180621 : Mad Dog Mattis, the destroyer of Raqqa, frets about losing moral authority by Finian Cunningham ( Jun 20, 2018 , www.rt.com )
- 20180620 : Awaiting the Putin-Nazi Apocalypse by C.J. Hopkins ( Jun 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180620 : Never underestimate what a man will do to keep a good-paying job. ( Jun 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180619 : Will the Real Donald Trump Please Stand Up by Philip Giraldi ( Jun 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180619 : DOJ Indicts Vault 7 Leak Suspect; WikiLeaks Release Was Largest Breach In CIA History Zero Hedge ( Jun 19, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180619 : U.S. Humiliates South Korea, Threatens North Korea, by David William Pear - The Unz Review ( Jun 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180618 : The next year the strategic position of Ukraine might get worse ( Jun 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180618 : 'Deep Throat' was fiction, the CIA had all the info, the CIA fake 'leaker' is another big distraction game getting repeated ( Jun 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180618 : In criminal investigations the first question always is 'who benefits'. The weird thing in political suspicious deaths is that this question is seldom asked ( Jun 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180618* American Pravda The JFK Assassination, Part I - What Happened, by Ron Unz - The Unz Review ( Jun 18, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180617 : As for Putin, it could be, that he is, for now, on a footing of equal to the insiders of above, he must somehow understand (Putin gives a public impression to be cognitively superior to all other political tarts of the moment) that real problems are global ( Jun 17, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180617* the dominant political forces in EU are anti-Russia ( Jun 17, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180617 : Can the EU become a partner for Russia by The Saker ( Jun 17, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180617 : After WWII it took most Europeans less than a generation to revert to the traditional anti-Russian attitudes ( Jun 17, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180617 : On Polish Russophobia ( Jun 17, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180617 : In the German parliament Merkel and her supporters battle to continue their anti German policy against the CSU even in the CDU (Merkel's party) there are courageous people who that remind Merkel by whom she is paid, and to who she has obligations. ( Jun 17, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180617 : "The men the American people admire most extravagantly are the greatest liars; the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth ( Jun 17, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180616 : Putin and orthodox religion ( Jun 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180616 : Current Russian regime got bad roots. It cares not for people. Current increase of retirement age is another testament to this ( Jun 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180616 : Remember general plan Ost ( Jun 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180615 : The West, not Putin, organized and supported a coup bringing to the power a super-corrupt illegitimate "government" that relies on armed neo-Nazi groups for the control of the county ( Jun 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180615 : Lies and contradictions pile up on Ukraine's faked murder of Babchenko ( Jun 15, 2018 , www.wsws.org )
- 20180615 : Russia, the Neoconservatives, and the Real Issues Involved by Boyd D. Cathey ( Jun 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180613 : Note on Us strategy ( Jun 13, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180613* How False Flag Operations Are Carried Out Today by Philip M. GIRALDI ( Apr 26, 2018 , www.strategic-culture.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180613 : Leaving the past behind ... by TTG ( Jun 13, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180613 : If Only We'd Listened To Ike... - Inside The Deep State ( Jun 13, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180613 : Egor Kholmogorov Stalin Is Not Great, by Anatoly Karlin - The Unz Review ( Jun 13, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180613 : Germany Was Defeated on the Eastern Front, Not Normandy, by Eric Margolis - The Unz Review ( Jun 13, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180612 : Is Putin really ready to ditch Iran by The Saker ( Jun 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180612 : Understanding power of Israeli lobby in the USA by Philip Giraldi ( Jun 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180612 : The Israeli Attack On The USS Liberty by Paul Craig Roberts ( Jun 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180612 : The Trump doctrine: 'the more you screw them the better they like it'! ( Jun 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180612 : In The Western World Truth Is An Endangered Species by Paul Craig Roberts ( Jun 10, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180611 : John F. Kennedy and the Question of World Peace ( Jun 11, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180610 : It might well be that among the skilles to gain entrance in the Ivy colleges one is the acceptance of neoliberal ideology. Stray too far from the Clinton/Bush/Obama's neoliberalism and identity politics and your application goes into the garbage can and with it your chance of joining our governing elite ( Jun 10, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180610* Trump and National Neoliberalism by Sasha Breger Bush ( Dec 24, 2016 , www.commondreams.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180610 : Some display a weird obsession with colonialism. In reality everyone's self-serving; the form changes but at the end of the day, that's nature. And evidently the West, whatever foibles it has, should at least make an effort to survive ( Jun 10, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180609* Still Waiting for Evidence of a Russian Hack by Ray McGovern ( Jun 09, 2018 , consortiumnews.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180609* Spooks Spooking Themselves by Daniel Lazare ( May 31, 2018 , consortiumnews.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180609 : My father's MI5 file shows that not all facts are equal, by Patrick Cockburn - The Unz Review ( Jun 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180609 : What Goes Around: "Trampling on the Helpless Abroad" Comes Home ( Jun 09, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20180609 : Dems Put Finishing Touches on One-Party 'Surveillance Superstate' by Mike Whitney ( Jun 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180606* Neoliberal language allows powerful groups to package their personal preferences as national interests systematically cutting spending on their enemies and giving money to their friends ( Jun 06, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180606* Why Foreign Policy Realism Isn't Enough by William S. Smith ( Jun 06, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180606 : Despite the fact that Trump folded, for the foreseeable future the Neocons will continue to focus their energy on trying to impeach Trump by the Saker ( Sep 20, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20180606 : >John Bolton is now part of the Cambridge Analytica scandal ( Jun 06, 2018 , newrepublic.com )
- 20180606 : Inverted totalitarism described by a Guardia commenter ( Jun 06, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20180605 : The USA fear about Russia and the EU member states seems to be twofold: (1) more trade with Russia makes subjugation of Russia impossible; (2) more trade with Russia, and the railway connections with China, threaten to turn the USA into an economic backwater ( Jun 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180605 : Russophob claims: Russia has long been a colonial power. It simply expanded into its near abroad and has remained an empire in spite of the dissolution of the Tsarist/Soviet empire ( Jun 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180605 : Mourning in America The Day RFK Was Shot in Los Angeles The American Conservative ( Jun 05, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180605 : The Political Assassin Who Brought Down RFK ( Jun 05, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180604 : Ryan Dawson And Michael Collins Piper Israel And JFK ( Jan 24, 2014 , fromthetrenchesworldreport.com )
- 20180604 : Was LBJ Shacked up with a pretty Zionist when Israel attacked the USS Liberty? ( Sep 19, 2014 , truthscooper.wordpress.com )
- 20180604 : Links between LBJ and Mathilde Krim by Philip Weiss ( Jan 18, 2018 , mondoweiss.net )
- 20180603 : Brabantian ( Jun 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180603 : Did Israel Kill the Kennedys by Laurent Guyénot ( Jun 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180603 : Real Assassin Arrested In Staged Kiev Hit Linked To Ukrainian Intelligence As Official Story Unravels Zero Hedge ( Jun 03, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180603 : Ukraine - The Babchenko Hoax Was Part Of A Corporate Raid ( Jun 03, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180603 : Poland Under the Jewish Messiah, by Israel Shamir - The Unz Review ( Jun 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180602 : FBI Spying On Trump Started In London, Earlier Than Thought, New Texts Implicate Obama White House ( Jun 02, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180602 : Obama used NSA FBI to spy on Trump veteran CIA officer ( Mar 20, 2017 , www.youtube.com )
- 20180602 : Tesla has a number of severe problems ( Jun 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180601 : Google Abandons Pentagon's AI-Drone 'Project Maven' After Employee Revolt Zero Hedge ( Jun 01, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180601 : Illusion: The international campaign to unseat Bashar Assad is really an Izreaili campaign. In reality, secular nationalist Arab regimes were eliminated by the USA as regimes hostile to neoliberalism and neoliberal globalization ( Jun 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180528 : Whenever I read anything purporting to identify international bad guys and good guys, I always like to ask: Who has this purported bad guy invaded recently? How many bombs has this bad guy dropped on other people s countries? ( May 09, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180528 : Why You Should Read These Military Classics by Andrew J. Bacevich ( May 28, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180528 : >A Major Win for Trump's War Cabinet ( May 28, 2018 , www.defenddemocracy.press )
- 20180527 : The FBI uses confidential informants So did the Cheka ( May 27, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180526 : Sex and the Brain by James Thompson ( May 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180526 : Reabilitation of Summers speech about sex differences in abilities by James Thompson ( May 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180526 : Creative Chaos by David Lorimer ( May 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180525 : The Simulation of Democracy, by C.J. Hopkins - The Unz Review ( May 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180525 : Democracy as a hologram generated by neoliberal state machine by C.J. Hopkins ( May 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180523 : Complex hostory of Israel as a nation and the role of external support in sustaining it ( May 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180523 : Facebook partners with hawkish Atlantic Council, a NATO lobby group, to "protect Demo ( May 23, 2018 , failedevolution.blogspot.gr )
- 20180523 : The Messiah Is Here, by Israel Shamir - The Unz Review ( May 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180522 : It wasn't spying; it was an insurance policy. Just ask Strozk and whomever else was meeting over that topic. ( May 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180522* Cat fight within the US elite getting more intense ( May 22, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180522* Can the majority of the USA be made to see that neocons will ruin the USA, and that their power must be liquidated ? ( May 22, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180522 : There is an old saying that a conservative is a liberal who has been mugged, and a liberal is a conservative who's been arrested. I guess a civil libertarian is a national security hawk that's been spied on. ( May 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180521 : Stop Kicking Sand in Kim's Face by Eric Margolis ( May 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180520 : Making sense of Russian political ambiguities by The Saker ( May 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180520 : Far from "the intelligence community" believing any such thing, it was eventually admitted that a handful of picked individuals from three agencies (of the 16) had cautiously expressed that "belief" with the proviso that they acknowledged that they knew of no supporting evidence. ( May 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180518 : Foreign Policy Insiders try to Scuttle Trump-Kim Nukes Deal by Mike Whitney ( May 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180518 : A Trump Doctrine for Singapore and Beyond by Pat Buchanan ( May 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180516 : Reasons Trump Breaks Nuclear-Sanction Agreement with Iran, Declares Trade War with China, and Meets with North Korea by James Petras ( May 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180516 : Time changes: Professor Shephen Cohen became more popular among readers of unz.com ( May 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180516 : Anthrax scare as a way to enrich private contractors ( May 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180515 : Bureaucrats Versus Artists by W. Patrick Lang ( May 10, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180515 : Suspect Identified in C.I.A. Leak Was Charged, but Not for the Breach - The New York Times ( May 15, 2018 , www.nytimes.com )
- 20180515 : This is not 4% of GDP id misleading a more poroet figure is 30 percentof federal tax revenue or each third dollar collected ( May 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180515 : The Ruinously Expensive American Military by Philip Giraldi ( May 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180514 : Netanyahu "Let's You and Him Fight", by Fred Reed - The Unz Review ( May 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180513 : One Man s War: Bringing Iraq to the United States by Mark Wilkerson ( Jun 09, 2016 , www.truth-out.org )
- 20180513 : Possibility of a new war in Middle East the shoot the oil prices to $200 frighten Germany ( May 13, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180513 : Confusion over Netanyahu visit to Moscow and Putin passivity over recurrent Israeli strikes of Syria territory ( May 13, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180513 : Fighting unending wars across thousands of miles of the planet for almost 17 years without end, while making the president into a global assassin, is the necessary course of action under neoliberalism as the goal is to preserve and expande global, led by the USA neoliberal empire using power of bayonets ( May 13, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180513 : The Skripals will most likely never be allowed to talk by The Saker ( May 13, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180512 : Neoliberal management and Zombies by Robert Bonomo ( May 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180512 : Generally voters should pass exam to be eligible to vote, like in many other occupations ( May 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180511 : Protecting Israel Is Their Full-Time Job by Philip Giraldi ( May 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180504* Media Use Disinformation To Accuse Russia Of Spreading Such ( May 04, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180504 : FBI monitored phone calls of Trump s personal lawyer by Barry Grey ( May 04, 2018 , www.wsws.org )
- 20180504 : Sic Semper Tyrannis The Skripals survived, but their cat and rodents ... not so much. ( May 03, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180501 : Israel is the main beneficiary of Syria war and the US hostility to Iran including Trump attempt to withdraw from JCPOA ( May 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180501 : Smut Night at the Press Dinner by Pat Buchanan ( May 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180501 : The Korean Summit, by Israel Shamir - The Unz Review ( May 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180501 : Dumb Moves Have Consequences, by Philip Giraldi - The Unz Review ( May 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180430 : Mueller s past is so laden with misfeasance and malfeasance that he should have been disbarred a few decades ago ( Apr 30, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180430 : Tracing the Rush to War by Craig Murray ( Apr 30, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180430 : The CIA Democrats Part one by Patrick Martin ( Mar 07, 2018 , www.wsws.org )
- 20180430 : UK universities being integrated into military-security apparatus ( Apr 30, 2018 , www.wsws.org )
- 20180430 : Trump talks tough against Iran, but his political options are limited by Patrick Cockburn ( Apr 30, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180429 : Is the CIA Running a Defamation Campaign Against Putin by The Saker ( Apr 29, 2018 , russia-insider.com )
- 20180429 : The entire Liberal narratives around Vladimir Putin and Alexander Dugin are actually political reconstructions of the "Yellow Peril" stereotype ( Apr 29, 2018 , russia-insider.com )
- 20180429 : How False Flag Operations Are Carried Out Today ( Apr 29, 2018 , russia-insider.com )
- 20180429 : Theresa May's husband's Investment Firm made a financial killing from the bombing of Syria ( Apr 29, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180429 : Pompeo's Contempt for Diplomacy and the Nuclear Deal by Daniel Larison ( Apr 29, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180429 : Yemen War Great For US Jobs Watch CNN's Wolf Blitzer Proclaim Civilian Deaths Are Worth It Zero Hedge ( Apr 29, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180429 : Macron's Tough Message to Washington by Eric Margolis ( Apr 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180427* A Most Sordid Profession by Fred Reed ( Apr 27, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180427 : Pax-americana is slowly dying ( Apr 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180427 : Syria Oil Play ( Apr 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180427 : Roger Stone said that he has known John Bolton since the Reagan years. Stone claims Bolton is not a neocon warmonger but a guy who is a staunch believer in the old doctrine of peace through strength. ( Apr 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180426 : CIA operatives Bradlee and his mentee Bob Woodward staged a coup. ( Apr 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180426 : Israel basically dictates Washington's official policies in the Mideast, it is Israel every bit as much as either occupied Washington or subservient Saudi Arabia that is probably most responsible for the anti-Assad chaos and carnage inside Syria. ( Apr 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180426 : Apparently Trump is backtracking on the US Troop pullout from Syria, or he was lying in the first place when he made that announcement: ( Apr 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180426 : Even The Simpsons' writers weren't absurdist enough to come up with a President Haley. ( Apr 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180426 : Drones, Baby, Drones! The Rise of Americas High-Tech Assassins ( Apr 03, 2015 , Alternet )
- 20180426 : The Skripal case and Douma false flag in Syria are clumsy, amateur attempts to push the US empire into war ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180425 : If I don't like the government and its policies (purchased by moneyed interests and non-Americans) am I an "America hater"? ( Apr 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180425 : I'm as irritated as anybody by Brit-chauvinism, but their eminent contribution to the technical and philosophical foundations of modern society from Newton and Bacon through Locke, Smith, and Burke to Maxwell, Whitehead, and Turing is undeniable. ( Apr 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180425 : The Zionists are very much like the CIA: they work secretly, scheming and planning their ugly machinations in the shadows for selfish gain. ( Apr 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180425 : Why did the Russians allow Israel so much freedom in Syria..from the start of their Syrian project? ( Apr 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180425 : The British dishonorable military officers run White Helmet rank-and-file: Any Qs about le Mesurier' and Tilley' devotion to militant Islamists and fanatical Israelis when good money is paid for the devotion? ( Apr 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180425 : The US claim of 100% effectiveness of their weapons system and 0% of the Syrian/Russian systems, this is plainly nonsense. ( Apr 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180425 : Are the Russians Correct by W. Patrick Lang ( Apr 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180425 : Trump can't keep the neocons off his back they are driving the bus. He's strapped into the driver's seat but isn't allowed to touch anything. ( Apr 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180425 : Trump shouda put that McMahon wrestling lady in the propaganda department, shes pretty good at convincing 50 year old adults that wrestling is real. ( Apr 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180425 : A big part of the "welfare" is corporate. Boeing, Lockheed, etc. ( Apr 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180425 : Is the Trump Administration/DoS trying to gaslight us? ( Apr 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180425 : If Mattis didn't know about it, then he should have done and likewise with Trump ( Apr 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180424* The Democratic Party has embraced the agenda of the military-intelligence apparatus and sought to become its main political voice ( Mar 13, 2018 , www.wsws.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180424 : This country has absolutely zero credibility or standing in the world anymore. All they've got is a military they can use to menace and bully the rest of the planet into submission. Which is a specialty of the Clintons ( Apr 24, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180424 : Constant and persistent nudging generally results in an angry backlash. Somewhere around when a person realizes "This is not where I wanted to be." That's now very true for neoclassic economy courses. Many students understand the game and hate it ( Apr 24, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20180422* The American ruling class loves Identity Politics, because Identity Politics divides the people into hostile groups and prevents any resistance to the ruling elite ( Apr 22, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180422 : Yeah. Sociopath. Gives me the shivers. Bill is the same, but conceals it better. ( Apr 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180422 : The Pearl Harbor hearings were meant to protect Marshall and Stark, and use Kimmel and Short as scapegoats. ( Apr 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180421* On the Criminal Referral of Comey, Clinton et al by Ray McGovern ( Apr 21, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180421 : First Joust by Israel Shamir ( Apr 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180421 : Ruling Selling weapons like there is no tomorrow ( Apr 21, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20180420 : Haley has been an embarrassment for the US at the UN. It was thought that Haley could not be worse than Samantha Power, but she proved otherwise ( Apr 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180419 : The biggest damage from the strikes on Syria was to the credibility of the US, French and Airstrip One governments. In the days of dubya at least some effort was put into the false flags ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180419* The Neocons Are Selling Koolaid Again! by W. Patrick Lang ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180419 : Trump foreign policy differ little from bush and Obama ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180419 : Jews vs non-Jews in Trump administration ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180419 : I was one of Jeff Sessions' biggest supporters, complained loudly when Trump wanted to fire him. Now I wish I hadn't. ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180419 : Few Saudis and 9-11: Wolfowitz al Saud, Zelikow al Saud, Feith al Saud, Wurmsers al Saud, Libby al Saud, Zakheim al Saud, Chertoff al Saud. Just a very few. ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180419 : Sachs worked closely w/ Soros to plunder USSR/ FSU ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180419 : They never planned to let "Harvey" survive to see an actual trial, because of the lack of evidence against him, and therefore the evidence of a high-level conspiracy would then be so obvious. ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180419 : Effectiveness of anti cruse missiles weapons: 47 of the 71 intercepts they claim were done by modern Pantsir and Buk systems that Syria purchased around 2010. ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180419 : Trump's Missile Fiasco: Did the Pentagon collaborate with Moscow on which targets to hit? by Mike Whitney ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180419 : Merkel is a CIA asset. She has skeletons in her closet from her time in East Germany, and her meteoric rise to power was clearly engineered by a third party she herself lacked both the experience and the power base within the party for doing it herself ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180419 : Theresa May ties with military-industrial complex ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180419 : You forgot the man of exemplary truthfulness: Colin Powell with his vial at the UN. That became a meme. ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180419 : Trump is a typical business tycoon: a clueless moron. Pence is just a weasel ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180419 : New Trump reality show: A fake response to a fake gas attack with fake WMDs ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180419 : You can't make it up: Oklahoma congressman Steve Russell told the C Span Washington Journal audience this morning that there was "no danger from a chemical plume" after missiles struck Syrian chemical plants "because the attack was designed to burn up" the fumes. ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180419 : The Corrupt U.S. Congress Cheers as the War Industry Steals Billions from the People's Coffers ! ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180419 : Mad madam prostitute Nick Halley has to be soothed by Kudlow telling her she was not a demented rat. ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180419 : Looks like Pompeo is compete idiot despite hs Harvard degree ( Apr 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180418 : Ever heard of the British Army s 77th Brigade? ( Apr 18, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180418 : Obama vs Trump: That is how the political mechanism of faux populism works. ( Apr 18, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180418 : I would think the Pentagon would like to test the Russian defense systems, and the Russians can't be completely sorry they got the opportunity to see how those new systems worked under operational conditions. The winners are the arms manufacturers. ( Apr 18, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180418 : US Says Russia Hacked Syrian Attack Evidence As Russia Finds Rebel Chemical Weapon Lab ( Apr 18, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180417 : False flags are real US has a long history of lying to start wars -- RT Op-ed ( Apr 17, 2018 , www.rt.com )
- 20180416 : Israeli lobby and the US foreign policy ( Apr 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180416 : But what neither the British Government nor the OPCW have, to the present, acknowledged is that blood samples from the Skripal's contained two nerve agents, A-234, aka Novichok, plus 3-Quinuclidinyl Benzilate, aka BZ or Buzz. ( Apr 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180416 : Tracing the Rush to War by Craig Murray ( Apr 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180416 : Why Do They Tell US Transparent Lies by Paul Craig Roberts ( Apr 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180416 : Alas, this is far from over! by The Saker ( Apr 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180416* British Propaganda and Disinformation An Imperial and Colonial Tradition by Wayne MADSEN ( Apr 16, 2018 , www.strategic-culture.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180415 : The Trump Regime Is Insane by Paul Craig Roberts ( Apr 13, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180412 : I am beginning to think that impeaching Trump is a good idea. He is ready to unleash another war on fase premises destroying the stability of the world. He truly is a bull in a china shop ( Apr 12, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411* Female neocon warmongers from Fox look like plastered brick walls – heartless and brainless. ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180411 : Israel has no qualms about being a dishonest and lying inciter of a mass murder while pretending sanctimoniously on some "superior morality" and "eternal victimhood." ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : Right now Jews and Arabs have joined forces to suppress the Persians. What happens AFTER the Persians are diminished? Do Israel and Saudi Arabia turn on each other? ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : There's a subconscious racism in the way [neo]liberal westerners treat Russia. ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : Twelve of the 15 council members backed the measure, including France, Britain, African countries, Kazakhstan and Kuwait. Bolivia voted against the draft resolution, while China abstained ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : California Democrat Zoe Lofgren and Michigan Republican Justin Amash are circulating a bipartisan letter to President Trump, insisting that he seek Congressional authorization before striking the government of Syria. ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : With all these 'gas victims' churned out by the white helmets how is it that no such 'martyr' graves have ever turned up ? ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : Red Crescent Says No Evidence of Chemical Attack in Syria's Douma ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : Powell Iraq WDM presentation and recent Syria chemical attack: some analogies ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : Syrian chemical weapon attacks happen whenever the rebels are about to be defeated. ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : The Skriptal caper looks like kindergarten stuff compared to that 1965 genocide. ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : This unscrupulous false flag op, crying foul and smearing the innocent for the crime they committed relentlessly is a special signature of the British/Anglo culture and trait. ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : The toxin involved in classic shellfish poisoning is a naturally occurring neurotoxin, Saxitoxin, which agent remains toxic even after boiling or steaming, exactly the food preparation techniques likely to be employed in preparing shellfish for consumption. This is, indeed, what makes it so pernicious. ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : Liars Lying About Nearly Everything by Philip Giraldi ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : The Russians are Flabbergasted, by Israel Shamir ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : Is Theresa May as more evil than Hillary Clinton? ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : Another step closer to the totalitarian state ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : It's surreal to watch such staggering levels of dishonest incompetence among our globalist "elites". ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : Something about British elite ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : History of the Jewish People ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180411 : Unfortuntely, even among friends and aquaintances, the story about evil Assad killing Children is often readily believed ( Apr 11, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180410 : The "Russian" Poisoning of the Skirpals In Context ( Apr 10, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180409 : Trump to Decide Soon Whether to Retaliate for Barbaric Act in Syria ( Apr 09, 2018 , www.nytimes.com )
- 20180409* Ghouta is Arabic for Reichstag Fire by Publius Tacitus ( Apr 09, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180409* When Military Leaders Have Reckless Disregard for the Truth by Bruce Fein ( Apr 09, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180409 : There is no doubt that Trump is an elite "false flag". Someone who was intended to be simply PORTRAYED as being anti-establishment, but in reality, one who carried out and amplified everything the establishment wanted. But neoliberal elite overplayed its hand by encouraging hateful anti-Trump rhetoric so much that now everything that Trump will do will garner massive opposition. ( Apr 09, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180409 : In my opinion, the forces that push for war know they are lying and don't care if a small percentage are on to them. They have the microphone and we do not. ( Apr 09, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180409 : Hi, I am from the government. I am here to lie to you ( Apr 09, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180408 : Do brighter minds incline to honesty by James Thompson ( Apr 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180408 : I would add to your list of possible MH17 culprits several global corporations; the one's I have in mind, cannot be completely identified to a single nation in the world ( Apr 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180408 : The Netherlands objected most to sanctions, our export to Russia. The 300 deaths changed that literally overnight. ( Apr 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180408 : A person who lost someone in that crash would like to know the truth, rather than "official" US BS. ( Apr 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180408 : The conversation (mentioned in this article) between the Estonian Foreign Affairs Minister Urmas Paet and EU Foreign Policy chief Catherine Ashton. ( Apr 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180408 : Chris Hedges U.S. Citizens Are Living In An Inverted Totalitarian Country ( Apr 08, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180408 : The manipulation and exploitation of the MH17 incident by the Dutch seems to rival that of Skripal incident by the UK ( Apr 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180404 : A Special Relationship Born in Hell, by Philip Giraldi ( Apr 03, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180403 : Americans Trust 'Our' Intelligence Agencies. Should We ( Apr 03, 2018 , www.strategic-culture.org )
- 20180403 : The West Should Avoid Starting a New Cold War with Russia by Doug Bandow ( Apr 03, 2018 , nationalinterest.org )
- 20180403 : The US Arms Machine: Why Wars R Us ( Apr 03, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20180403 : Two interconnected thoughts on US propaganda and the US Military Industrial Complex ( Apr 03, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180402 : The Guardian ( Apr 02, 2018 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20180402 : I think the Kiev side had been directing airliners across the war zone along the path of planned bombing runs to allow Ukraine military jets to fly the same course *below* the airliner and use the airliner's much bigger radar signature (huge compared to a military jet) as protection i.e. if a missile was fired and missed it might lock on to the airliner instead. ( Apr 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180402 : The Kiev regime had no need to put anti-aircraft batteries in the area at all, but they did! ( Apr 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180402 : Malaysia has been cut out of the investigation, why? For refusing to prejudge the outcome? ( Apr 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180402 : Yet another theory of SU-25 role in shooing ( Apr 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180402 : BUK missle smooketrail is demonstratively absent ( Apr 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180402 : The manipulation and exploitation of the MH17 incident by the Dutch seems to rival that of Skripal incident by the UK ( Apr 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180402 : Should I Buy A 'Smart' Phone ( Apr 02, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180402 : Is It Time to Delete Facebook? by Lambert Strether ( Apr 01, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20180402 : Iether Russia and China stick together or might be devoured by the West one by one, with Russia first onthe list ( Apr 02, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180402 : The West wants to neutralize China. Russia is the threat to those plans because it could act as a bridge to Europe to China ( Mar 31, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180402 : How the East can save the West by The Saker ( Apr 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180402 : Steal This Book The Publishing Misadventures of a CIA Whistleblower ( Apr 02, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20180402 : Who Shot Down Flight MH17 in Ukraine by Ron Unz ( Aug 14, 2014 , www.unz.com )
- 20180401 : Facebook In Turmoil Employees In Uproar Over Executive's Leaked Memo Zero Hedge ( Apr 01, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180401 : Goodbye Facebook, and Screw You Too by Christopher Ketcham ( Apr 01, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20180401 : Trouble for big tech as consumers sour on Amazon, Facebook and co ( Apr 01, 2018 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20180401 : Problems with Russia-China relations ( Apr 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180401 : Russia China are working closely to counter the West for existential threat ( Apr 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180401 : The ideal scenario of Skripal resurrection ( Apr 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180401 : Check out this wonderful chart presented to the public by "Her Majesty's government" entitled "A long pattern of Russian malign activity" ( Apr 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180401 : About the only proven use of Facebook ( Apr 01, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20180331 : Finally, Kennedy had enough, and in a personal letter dated May 18, 1963, the president warned that unless American inspectors were allowed into Dimona (meaning the end of any military activities), Israel would find itself totally isolated. Rather than answering, Ben-Gurion abruptly resigned ( Mar 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180331* RFK and Nixon immediately understood the assassination was a CIA-led wet-works operation since they chaired the assassination committees themselves in the past ( Mar 31, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180331 : RFK and Nixon immediately understood the assassination was a CIA-led wet-works operation since they chaired the assassination committees themselves in the past ( Mar 31, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180329 : Using Gmail as a spam mail storage and for all useless registration that require email address ( Mar 29, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20180329 : Not all social sites are created equal ( Mar 29, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20180329 : We need to take ownership of our information and data back again and regulate the internet as a utility ( Mar 29, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20180329 : We should not glamorize the past iether ( Mar 29, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20180329 : You might wish to consider the new Brave browser for a part of your internet access ( Mar 29, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20180329 : Deception can help, in right dose at right time ( Mar 29, 2018 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20180329 : 18 tips for surviving the surveillance age by Alex Hern and Arwa Mahdawi ( Mar 29, 2018 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20180329 : Fakebook On Its Way To Zero ( Mar 29, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180329 : He is not your dad ;-) ( Mar 29, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180329 : Facebook Condom - Mozilla Launches Firefox Extension To Avoid Zuck s Spying Eyes ( Mar 28, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180329 : Trump should call for a real 9/11 investigation, that would drain the swamp. But he is too afraid to do this ( Mar 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180329 : The analysis of the UVA Amsterdam professor Laslo Maracs is that Trump, and his rich friends, understand that the USA is no longer capable of maintaining an empire, and that war for enlarging the empire is even more suicide than trying to maintain the empire. ( Mar 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180329 : The entire history of mankind speaks the same tale. once and empire collapses it never recovers its former status and power ( Mar 28, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180329 : The Anti-Liberty Boomerang of US Militarism ( Mar 29, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180329 : It's Not a Conspiracy Anymore; Public Belief in 'Deep State' Soars by Mike Whitney ( Mar 29, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180328 : The survey appears to confirm that democracy in the United States is largely a sham. Our elected representatives are not the agents of political change, but cogs in a vast bureaucratic machine that operates mainly in the interests of the behemoth corporations and banks ( Mar 28, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180328* Deep State and False Flag Attacks ( Mar 28, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180328 : You are quite right, Power Elite is more accurate description, but now that the term Deep State has reached common parlance, is it useful to try to rebrand them? ( Mar 28, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180328 : Power elite is, in most modern countries, comprised of big money (different sources in different lands), dominant media controllers of intellectual discourse through academia, military infrastructure plus professional politicians, various intelligence agencies etc. ( Mar 28, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180328 : redmudhooch ( Mar 28, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180328 : How Iraq War destabilized the world and why the neocons aren't finished yet by Rania Khalek ( Mar 26, 2018 , www.rt.com )
- 20180328 : Want To Freak Yourself Out Here Is All The Personal Data That Facebook-Google Collect ( Mar 28, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180328 : Should You Delete Your Facebook Page ( Mar 27, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180327 : An important British diplomat saw British control of the greater part of the world as the natural order of things ( Mar 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180327 : You will gain a better understanding of Vladimir Putin if you study his career as a sportsman, 3rd degree blackbelt Judoka than by sifting through his career as an ex-spy. ( Mar 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180327 : It's Wishful Thinking to Blame Trump's Win on Cambridge Analytics by Patrick Cockburn ( Mar 27, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20180327 : how do you reform the Secret Police? ( Mar 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180327 : Time to find out if CIA interfered in the 2016 election ( Mar 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180327 : A Ukrainian joke ( Mar 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180327 : A Facebook Employee Asked a Reporter To Turn Off His Phone So Facebook Couldn't Track Its Location ( Mar 27, 2018 , tech.slashdot.org )
- 20180327 : German Court Rules Facebook Use of Personal Data Illegal ( Mar 27, 2018 , yro.slashdot.org )
- 20180327 : Facebook Lost Around 2.8 Million US Users Under 25 Last Year ( Mar 27, 2018 , tech.slashdot.org )
- 20180327 : Facebook is Pushing Its Data-tracking Onavo VPN Within Its Main Mobile App ( Mar 27, 2018 , tech.slashdot.org )
- 20180327 : Within a week after Brennan's 'routine' visit in April 2014 to the Ukraine the Ukrainian army launched a civil war. That was within 2 weeks of the CIA instigated coup an the end of February 2014 ( Mar 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180327 : Facebook Suspends Donald Trump's Data Operations Team For Misusing People's Personal Information ( Mar 27, 2018 , yro.slashdot.org )
- 20180327 : Did Cambridge Analytica Harvest 50 Million Facebook Profiles? ( Mar 27, 2018 , tech.slashdot.org )
- 20180327 : Are Google and Facebook Surveilling Their Own Employees? ( Mar 27, 2018 , tech.slashdot.org )
- 20180327 : Facebook Gets Hit With Four Lawsuits Over Cambridge Analytica Scandal ( Mar 27, 2018 , yro.slashdot.org )
- 20180327 : FBI Paid Geek Squad Repair Staff As Informants ( Mar 27, 2018 , yro.slashdot.org )
- 20180327 : Leaked Files Show How the NSA Tracks Other Countries' Hackers ( Mar 27, 2018 , yro.slashdot.org )
- 20180327 : Facebook's VPN Service Onavo Protect Collects Personal Data -- Even When It's Switched Off ( Mar 27, 2018 , tech.slashdot.org )
- 20180327 : 'They'll Squash You Like a Bug': How Silicon Valley Keeps a Lid on Leakers ( Mar 27, 2018 , slashdot.org )
- 20180327 : Facebook and Its Executives Are Getting Destroyed After Botching the Handling of a Massive Data Breach ( Mar 27, 2018 , tech.slashdot.org )
- 20180327 : Facebook Scraped Call, Text Message Data For Years From Android Phones ( Mar 27, 2018 , yro.slashdot.org )
- 20180327* Let's Investigate John Brennan, by Philip Giraldi ( Mar 27, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180327 : Then They Came for the Globalists by C.J. Hopkins ( Mar 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180327 : Integrity Has Vanished From The West by Paul Craig Roberts, ( Mar 27, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180327 : Is Trump Assembling a War Cabinet, by Pat Buchanan - The Unz Review ( Mar 27, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180326 : NEO Mueller and Trump, Why Russia didn't do it Veterans Today ( Mar 26, 2018 , www.veteranstoday.com )
- 20180326 : The Mind-Benders How to Harvest Facebook Data, Brainwash Voters, and Swing Elections by Roberto J. González ( Mar 23, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20180326 : Neocons Are Back With a Big War Budget and Big War Plans by Ron Paul ( Mar 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180325* A truly historical month for the future of our planet by The Saker ( Mar 23, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180325 : Tonight Is The Beginning Seven Things To Watch For In Stormy Daniels' Interview ( Mar 25, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180325 : Surveillance is the DNA of the Platform Economy ( Mar 24, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20180325 : CA was able to provide the campaign with predictive analytics based on more than 5,000 data points on every voter in the United States ( Mar 25, 2018 , www.eurasiafuture.com )
- 20180325* Cambridge Analytica Scandal Rockets to Watergate Proportions and Beyond by Adam Garrie ( Mar 25, 2018 , www.eurasiafuture.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180325 : Cambridge Analytica was involved in basically all recent elections ( Mar 25, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180325 : Cambridge Analytica was always anti Russia. Involved in operations in most of the ex soviet countries to create a hatred of ethnic Russians and I think will work with non nationalist types who are very anti Russia. ( Mar 25, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180325 : Dumb F--ks Julian Assange Reminds Us What Mark Zuckerberg Thinks Of Facebook Users ( Mar 25, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180325 : Facebook Scandal Blows Away 'Russiagate' by Finian CUNNINGHAM ( Mar 23, 2018 , www.strategic-culture.org )
- 20180325 : Germans media and voting for Mama Merkel ( Mar 25, 2018 , russia-insider.com )
- 20180325 : Former CIA Director John Brennan Hired as Analyst for NBC News ( Mar 24, 2018 , www.infowars.com )
- 20180325 : When Trump was elected, I thought that it was a one-day victory for the white working class. ( Mar 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180324 : Is trump fully cooked ? ( Mar 24, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180323 : In a way Ukraine stepped on the same rake twice: once in 1991 and the second time in 2014. That's unforgivable ( Mar 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180323 : http://www.larouchepub.com/other/2018/4512_poisoning_brit_desperate.html ( Mar 23, 2018 , www.larouchepub.com )
- 20180323 : Putin and neoliberaism in Russia: What they told us about socialism was a pack of lies, but what they told us about capitalism turned out to be perfectly true ( Mar 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180323 : Russia has several significant problems with growth of Muslim population and the fact that this is last term for Putin, which might signify the end of the period of political stability ( Mar 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180323 : Was Trump was a deep state man from day one, just like Obama, Bush, Clinton and all the rest? ( Mar 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180323 : How many knows that Obama went to the WH with a regime change feather already in his cap ( Mar 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180323 : A simple question: Where is Julia Skripal, a citizen of Russian Federation, who was taken by the UK secret services and whisked away to some undisclosed location? ( Mar 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180323 : Interesting detail about illegal British war propaganda in breach of ICCPR Article 20. Of particular note is the report of Pompeo's role in the blame game for the failed Skripal provocation. ( Mar 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180323 : The alleged Salisbury attack succeeded as propaganda but rush to judgement, childish government and diplomatic ranting makes it similar to Iraq WDM hoax ( Mar 23, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180323 : So on the 15th anniversary of the Iraq debacle, a neocon who cheered it on is rewarded with a national security post where he can cue up the attack on Iran that was always the ultimate prize for Israel's US stooges? ( Mar 22, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20180322* If it's correct, the Brits made a very nasty error that shows the true nature of their establishment. ( Mar 21, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180322 : Know Your History Google Has Been a Military-Intel Contractor from the Very Beginning ( Mar 22, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180322 : Facebook is basically responsible for feeding the analytics system that enabled Cambridge Analytica and the Trump campaign to be so targeted and effective with a minimal budget ( Mar 22, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180322 : Westerners held the carrots of a Western lifestyle, which the Russians could not match ( Mar 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180322 : Neocons still rule the US, Trump or no Trump: Senate Votes to Kill Bill Challenging Legality of Yemen War ( Mar 22, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180322 : The only suggestions that the Russians were responsible for the incident come from exactly the same kinds of people who told us about Iraq's WMD and the supposed Libyan humanitarian emergency ( Mar 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180322 : Four days to declare a Cold War by Thierry Meyssan ( Mar 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180322* Military at CNN ( Mar 22, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180322 : Bad news: Trump just picked John Bolton to be the new National Security Advisor. ( Mar 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180322 : I was on the admissions committee of our umbrella graduate program long enough to know that IQ, GRE, or SAT scores mean exactly nothing. At best, they reflect the effort people put into preparation to these tests, but have no predictive value whatsoever. ( Mar 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180322 : The Israelis I believe needed JFK dead so they made sure he became deceased. He was in the way and with so many others hating him and his brother after he challenged the CIA, his days were numbered. Then it was Bobbies turn. ( Mar 22, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180322 : Washington Breaks Out the "Just Following Orders" Nazi Defense for CIA Director-Designate Gina Haspel ( Mar 22, 2018 , theintercept.com )
- 20180322 : As far as I can tell, blatant lies of Western propaganda achieved among the people with brains the same result as the Soviet propaganda: even if they state something truthful for a change, people would doubt that. ( Mar 22, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180321 : Ironically it was the US and its advisers that first handed all of the Russian wealth over to the oligarchs, and then, later, supported Yeltsin when he illegally dissolved the Rada and arrested their leaders (generally known as the 1993 Russian constitutional crisis) (they had also supported him earlier, back when he was only President of the Russian Soviet Socialist Republic and Gorbachev was head honcho, when Yeltsin sent tanks to bomb the Rada/Parliament, during the so-called "August coup"). ( Mar 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180321 : The NUMEC Affair: Did Highly Enriched Uranium from the U.S. Aid Israel's Nuclear Weapons Program? ( Mar 21, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180321* Former CIA Chief Brennan Running Scared by Ray McGovern ( Mar 19, 2018 , consortiumnews.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180321 : An insane anti-Putin propaganda campaign in the West helped Russian people to learn their lesson: another Yeltsin or Gorbachev in Russia are now highly unlikely. In fact, the West will regret the day Putin is gone. ( Mar 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180321 : Considering the DNC machine rigged the Democratic primaries and derailed Bernie Sanders' run, and considering the entire Establishment came out in force to defeat Trump (e.g. Donna Brazile admitting she shared debate questions with Clinton campaign..... leaked audios, false accusations,....which are still ongoing.....), whatever shenanigans Putin campaign was involved in seem like the proverbial nothingburger ( Mar 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180321 : Wolf Richter Then Why Is Anyone STILL on Facebook by Wolf Richter ( Mar 21, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20180321* Washington's Invasion of Iraq at Fifteen ( Mar 21, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180321 : Russiagate Comes to England by Philip Giraldi ( Mar 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180321 : Let us posit some 3rd party, whose name some dare not mention? ( Mar 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180321 : There is absolutely nothing totally duplicitous, nothing evil, that British secret service (meaning both MI5 and MI6) will not do, and in fact has not done. ( Mar 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180321 : There is certainly a reasonable list of suspects, most more credible than the Russian state. Perhaps one can also separate out the crime in to two parts, those who committed it, and those who have sought to exploit it. ( Mar 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180321 : The USA neocons might want to present (apparently by way of a series of reckless provocations) ultimatum to Russia and China: "either cede your sovereignty to the empire and start taking orders, or it's war" or something like that. ( Mar 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180321 : Why ever would May backtrack? The MSM are in full support, creating all the facts that justify her shrill denunciation of Vlad the Poisoner? ( Mar 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180321 : "Novichok" is not the name of the CW, but the code of the KGB operation carried out to identify the mole (the information leakage channel), as well as the supply of disinformation by Israel Shamir ( Mar 21, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180321 : NSA Has Been Tracking Bitcoin Users Since 2013, New Snowden Documents Reveal ( Mar 21, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180321* Whataboutism Is A Nonsensical Propaganda Term Used To Defend The Failed Status Quo by Mike Krieger ( Mar 20, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180321* How They Sold the Iraq War by Jeffrey St. Clair ( Mar 20, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180320 : The plausibility of the doping charges disappeared when, at a time when Russian athletes were under extreme scrutiny in the Winter Olympics, they were accused of doping in the curling and bobsleigh events \ ( Mar 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180320 : You're suggesting that the plebeian mass of ignorant white trash calling themselves the British nation should actually rule themselves by way of a democratically elected parliament, their national loyalty centered on a constitutional monarch who is head of the English national Christian church. ( Mar 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180320 : We read that Vladimir Putin's passport was found three days later at the Scripaal's poisoning scene. ( Mar 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180320 : This looks more and more like false flag operation by British intelligence againces: Queen May has no clothes on, but all the 'adults' in the mainstream press pretend to see a beautiful robe. ( Mar 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180320 : Russiagate Comes to England, by Philip Giraldi ( Mar 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180320 : IIRC, the Anthrax show was seen [from my viewpoint = external], as akin to sending out a sheep-dog to shepherd the outliers = oppress any 'casual dissidents' to get everybody onto the same page = GWoT, 1st step to invade Afghanistan in order to rearrange some sand. ( Mar 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180320 : Head of Cambridge Analytica filmed discussing use of bribes and sex workers to entrap politicians ( Mar 20, 2018 , telegraph.co.uk )
- 20180320 : T>he massive mining the Obama campaign did via Facebook in 2012 -- an action it appears Cambridge copied for Trump's campaign ( Mar 20, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180320 : Putin was inviting the Russian people to picture traitors dying friendless and alone Men Without a Country in apartments strewn with empty vodka bottles but he never said that traitors should be killed. This was BBC fake. ( Mar 20, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180319 : Votel, Mattis and Dunford must be on the same page. ( Mar 19, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180319 : The vast majority of people have already had drummed into them the fact (sic) that novichok could only be produced in Russia, so this will of course be interpreted as conclusive proof that "Putin did it". The real push for dramatic measures (e.g., World Cup) will begin at that point. ( Mar 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180319 : The release of toxic agent via the car ventilation system, suggested by some Western MSM, looks unlikely ( Mar 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180319 : The whole story is probably a sham, a fake terror attack, a story concocted to befuddle the plebs and justify some new imperial aggression. ( Mar 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180319 : Who says that there is no proof that Putin did it? ( Mar 19, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180319 : Edward Snowden: Facebook Is A Surveillance Company Rebranded As Social Media ( Mar 18, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180319 : Salisbury Hysteria Exposes the Chauvinism and Hypocrisy of British Elites ( Mar 19, 2018 , russia-insider.com )
- 20180318* Powerful intelligence agencies are incompatible with any forms of democracy including the democracy for top one precent. The only possible form of government in this situation is inverted totalitarism ( Jun 28, 2013 , www.theguardian.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180318 : America s Phony War by William J. Astore ( Mar 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180318 : The War Prayer by Mark Twain ( Mar 18, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180318 : Caveat Emptor MSNBC and CNN Use CIA Apologists for False Commentary ( Mar 18, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20180317 : Most people react to an emotional message and only much smaller number to a rational message. In other words, if you want to promote anything, appeal to the emotional or even animal part of the human nature. This is exactly what the Western propaganda is doing ( Mar 17, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180317 : The real culprit might be one of the parties who are real beneficiaries of this propaganda surge, including criminal elements connected to the Russian exile "mafia" types, Ukraine, or some of the shadowy US and UK security state players ( Mar 17, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180317 : WWII between Russia and the West would be over in 1-2 days (if that), and is basically a suicide. ( Mar 17, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180317 : How the gas was administred in a place which was under surveillance and why passersby were not affected ( Mar 17, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180317 : Was any poisonous gas present in the Skripal bench area. Looks highly unlikely ( Mar 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180317 : This is yet another insult against Russian technical knowhow. ( Mar 17, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180317 : Considering UK behavior towards Russia as a slap on face , Russia not only should but must demand immediate release of all information available to UK on this case and samples. It should be done in aggressive manner and backed by international law to which UK is a signer. ( Mar 17, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180317 : Asshole: Narcissist, sociopath, liar, thief, murderer, often sadistic, "special." ( Mar 17, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180317 : "Life imitates Art far more than Art imitates Life: In November 2017 British TV 6th session episode 5 of 'Strike Back" Novichok was used ( Mar 17, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180317 : A possible role of psychopath in human society ( Mar 17, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180316 : How do you know Skripal was murdered? Even the British haven't claimed that. In fact we don't even know that Skripal was injured. There have been no photos, no medical statements, we are just expected to believe all the fake news ( Mar 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180316* NATO to display common front in Skripal case ( Mar 16, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180316 : The UK still refuses to provide the required-by-law materials to the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapon. The whole "communication" with Russians re Skripal case has exposed a stunning incompetence ( Mar 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180316 : Shadow of operation Gladio hangs over Skripal case ( Mar 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180316 : It is unlear if Novichok eve ( Mar 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180316* The French philosopher Alain Soral is quite right when he says that modern "journalists are either unemployed or prostitutes" ( Mar 16, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180316 : Does Western civilization now reject real, objective truth emulating the USSR ( Mar 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180316 : The method attributed to poisoning of Skripal is the best indication of the false flag operation. Looks more and more like a recycled WMD hoax to justify attack on Syria ( Mar 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180316 : George Orwell sure can write this quote ( Mar 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180316 : Up until now, I was in favor of Putin trying to keep cool demeanor and be reasonable. Time works in favor of Russia, so simply trying to wait the Western collapse out is not unreasonable strategy. But with the West starting to resort to something as extreme as poisoning its own lapdogs and blaming Russia for it without presenting a single shred of evidence, it might be a good time to reconsider and join the escalation train in earnest. ( Mar 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180316 : Truth vs half-truth vs lie ( Mar 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180315 : Rephazing Hermann G ring famous quote ( Mar 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180315 : Western demonization of Putin ( Mar 15, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180315 : The timing is once again highly suspicious with the fifa world cup around the corner ( Mar 15, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180315 : This is just another entry in a long list of false flag events carefully crafted to turn Russia, and Putin in particular, into an international pariah ( Mar 15, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180315 : All those elaborate deception schemes and false flags that we now know of are just another set of deceptive methods of Socializing The Costs, while Privatizing The Profits. ( Mar 15, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180315 : Julian Assange The CIA director is waging war on truth-tellers like WikiLeaks ( Mar 15, 2018 , www.washingtonpost.com )
- 20180314 : Iraq is a country, in which, even the most pro-American Iraqis (outside of the Kurdish dominated region), will, at this very moment deciding that they have been screwed! ( Mar 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180314 : Hysterical hyperventilation of British authorities about Skripal incident suggests that it was pre-plnanned provocation, a false flag operation for fueling Russiphonia and Neo-McCarthyism ( Mar 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180314 : In effect, under Yeltsin our Harvard mafia turned Russia into African economy, never mind that Russian's aren't African's. This desire to rape and pillage the earth in order to take rents is a sophisticated, yet criminally insane method ( Mar 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180314 : Latter Day America ( Mar 14, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180314 : Military Contractors have 400 lobbyists, revolving doors with military officers and civilian officials, jobs in congressional districts; plus, corporations and their employees contribute to election campaigns. Most importantly, they are part of the connected elite. ( Mar 14, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180314 : Japan was ready to surrender before the US dropped two A bombs ( Mar 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180314 : Neocons are like clogged arteries you know they will be a problem but failing to comprehend the danger, that heart attack can occur most unexpectedly, killing the host ( Mar 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180314 : I think it's possible that the most idiotic conspiracy theorists are flocking to alternative websites that are dissenting from The Narrative. The Unz Review (probably also RT and other sites) is an obvious candidate for such spontaneous activity. But yes, there's a possibility that some conscious effort is made to make these websites look bad. ( Mar 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180313* The CIA takeover of the Democratic Party by Patrick Martin ( Mar 13, 2018 , www.wsws.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180313 : My worst fears have been realized and it seems the U.S. and Israel are trying to provoke Russia into a reaction that will justify wider war for the purpose of "securing the realm" ( Mar 13, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180313 : Christopher Steele As Seen By The New Yorker, by Philip Giraldi - The Unz Review ( Mar 13, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180313 : The CIA Democrats: Part one by Patrick Martin ( Mar 07, 2018 , www.wsws.org )
- 20180311* I often think that, a the machinery of surveillance and repression becomes so well oiled and refined, the ruling oligarchs will soon stop even paying lip service to 'American workers', or the "American middle class" and go full authoritarian ( Mar 11, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180311 : Bringing a sense of reality to a deeply delusional Empire by The Saker ( Mar 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180311 : Inverted Totalitarianism by Sheldon Wolin ( Mar 11, 2018 , www.thenation.com )
- 20180310* Habakkuk on 'longtime' sources ( Mar 10, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180310 : The frankly farcical nature of the 'Joint Investigative Mechanism' report into Khan Sheikhoun ( Mar 10, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180309 : Yahoo scanned emails for US intelligence ( www.defenddemocracy.press )
- 20180309 : US Spying the UN Security Council Defend Democracy Press by Norman Solomon ( Mar 09, 2018 , www.defenddemocracy.press )
- 20180309 : Google And Geek Squad Arms Of The Deep State by Daniel McAdams ( Mar 08, 2018 , ronpaulinstitute.org )
- 20180308* Cue bono question in Scripal case? ( Mar 08, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180308* A key piece of evidence pointing to 'Guccifer 2.0' being a fake personality created by the conspirators in their attempt to disguise the fact that the materials from the DNC published by 'WikiLeaks' were obtained by a leak rather than a hack had to do with the involvement of the former GCHQ person Matt Tait. ( Mar 08, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180308 : I dunno I think the whole air of ineptitude around The Company is just a cover. Why else would GHW Bush have been in Dallas at the time and then rocket just a few years later to its top job? Yeah, I know, it could have been KBR pulling all the strings, but I would still assert The Company was used as the vehicle to pre-position all the other necessary elements ( Mar 08, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180308 : The Military-Industrial Complex Is on Corporate Welfare by William D. Hartung ( Mar 08, 2018 , www.thenation.com )
- 20180308 : Putin speech as a gift to US militarists ( Mar 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180307 : The basic principle of any evolutionary stable open society based on checks and balances is that no self-inflating institutions and power centers are permissible ( Mar 07, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180307 : America is incapable of viewing itself through the eyes of others, and has the kind of blind arrogance that I would best compare to late 19th and early 20th Century German militarism the deeply embedded German worldview (long before Hitler) of superiority, destiny, and the corresponding natural right to Empire. ( Mar 07, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180307 : The New Surveillance State and the Old Perjury Trap by Peter Van Buren ( Mar 07, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180307 : Russiagate also serves as a massive distraction from many vile things being done such as a war against Yemen, illegal US occupation of Syria; ongoing war in Ukraine ( Mar 07, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180306 : In Her Majesty's Secret Service: How an Agent of British Intelligence Tried (and Failed) to Prevent the Election of Donald Trump ( Mar 06, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180306 : The reason that Ziocon parasites have found such a fertile ground in the US is almost like an isolated island, whose people consider war to be entertainment (shock awe), have never had any serious family or home losses from it and are dumb and uneducated enough to be pulled by their noses through their MSM to any war that Ziocons fancy. ( Mar 06, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180306* The U.S. Returns to 'Great Power Competition,' With a Dangerous New Edge ( Mar 06, 2018 , fpif.org ) [Recommended]
- 20180305 : The reason that militarists have found such a fertile ground in the US is that it is like an isolated island. As the result the US population considers war to be entertainment (shock awe), have never had any serious family or home losses from it and are dumb and uneducated enough to be brainwashed by MSM ( Mar 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180304* Generals who now are running the USA foreign policy represents a great danger. These men seem incapable of rising above the Russophobia that grew in the atmosphere of the Cold War. They yearn for world hegemony for the US and to see Russia and to a lesser extent China and Iran as obstacles to that dominion for the "city on a hill ( Mar 04, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180303* Top NYT Editor 'We NYT supports and follows the "national security" line (whatever that means) ( Mar 03, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180303 : Glenn Greenwald to Tucker Carlson Journalists Eagerly Being Manipulated By Intelligence Community On Russia Video RealCl ( Mar 03, 2018 , www.realclearpolitics.com )
- 20180303 : Glenn Greenwald on the Trump memo, the CIA and Russia - BBC Newsnight ( www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180302 : When I upgraded the Tor in my Android, it requested access to my phone hardware no. and all communication records ( Mar 02, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180302 : You can haz better security, you can haz worse security. But you cannot haz [absolute] 'security'. There is no [absolute] security ( Mar 02, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180302 : SS7 exploitation and the threat it poses to mobile users' privacy by Ilia Abramov ( Jan 19, 2016 , www.itproportal.com )
- 20180302 : Smartphones are ubiquitous and open everyone who carry them to 24/7 surveillance. ( Mar 02, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180302 : Tor Project Almost 100% Funded By The US Government FOIA Zero Hedge ( Mar 02, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180302 : Putin's 'Invincible' Missile Is Aimed at U.S. Vulnerabilities ( Mar 02, 2018 , www.nytimes.com )
- 20180302 : Reaction to Russia weapons vs reaction to North koria weapon in US press ( Mar 02, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180302 : The US has shown nothing but developmental incompetence for some years now. No amount of forced science on special projects can compensate for the systemic failures of a naval fleet that can't steer straight, a trillion-dollar 5th-gen plane that actually doesn't work to 5th-gen standards, and the clear display of a Military Complex saturated with corruption. The gang that can't shoot straight is incapable of peer warfare. ( Mar 02, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180302 : Bye-bye carrier fleets in peer conflict. At 12 billion each. Still effective against third world ( Mar 02, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180301 : TOR is not a panacia ( Mar 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180228* Perjury traps to manufacture indictments to pressure people to testify against others is a new tool of justice in a surveillance state ( Feb 28, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180226 : State Department Troll Farm Receives Huge Cash Infusion ( Feb 26, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180226* Why one war when we can heve two! by Eric Margolis ( Feb 24, 2018 , www.defenddemocracy.press ) [Recommended]
- 20180224 : Web of stories designed to reinforce each other aka perception management. In both Google news and search engine the establishment viewpoint will come first, second and third ( Feb 24, 2018 , off-guardian.org )
- 20180224 : Russian Espionage, or Clickbait (1-2) ( Feb 24, 2018 , therealnews.com )
- 20180224 : Chuck Schumer War Hawk or Progressive ( Feb 24, 2018 , therealnews.com )
- 20180224 : Dismantle the Department of Homeland Security by Matt Ford ( Feb 21, 2018 , newrepublic.com )
- 20180224 : State Insecurity Why Are Top NSA Personnel Leaving in Droves by Kate Harveston ( Feb 24, 2018 , www.truth-out.org )
- 20180223 : Deep State and the FBI Federal Blackmail Investigation ( Feb 23, 2018 , www.strategic-culture.org )
- 20180223* NSA Genius Debunks Russiagate Once For All ( Feb 23, 2018 , www.youtube.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180222* Bill Binney explodes the rile of 17 agances security assessment memo in launching the Russia witch-hunt ( Mar 4, 2017 , www.youtube.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180222 : Ray McGovern's First Day as CIA Director ( Feb 22, 2018 , www.antiwar.com )
- 20180220 : Hillary Clinton If I m President, We Will Attack Iran We Would be Able to Totally Obliterate Them. Global Research - Cent ( Feb 20, 2018 , www.globalresearch.ca )
- 20180220 : ISIS Beheadings of Journalists CIA Admitted to Staging Fake Jihadist Videos in 2010 Global Research - Centre for Research on ( Feb 20, 2018 , www.globalresearch.ca )
- 20180220 : War Propaganda "Fake News" and the Pentagon's Office of Strategic Influence (OSI) Global Research - Centre for Research on G ( Feb 20, 2018 , www.globalresearch.ca )
- 20180220* Russophobia is a futile bid to conceal US, European demise by Finian Cunningham ( Feb 20, 2018 , www.rt.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180219 : Kim Dotcom Let Me Assure You, The DNC Hack Wasn t Even A Hack Zero Hedge ( Feb 19, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180219 : What the Arrest of the Russian Intel top Cyber-Crime Expert Has to Do With American elections ( Feb 19, 2018 , thebell.io )
- 20180219 : The FSB breaks up Russia's most notorious hacker group ( Feb 19, 2018 , www.rbth.com )
- 20180219 : Shaltai-Boltai's leader arrested by the FSB Crime ( Feb 19, 2018 , rusletter.com )
- 20180219 : Russian Lawyer Says FSB Officers, Kaspersky Manager Charged With Treason ( Feb 19, 2018 , www.rferl.org )
- 20180219 : Fearless Adversarial Journalism Doesn't Work When You Are Funded By A Billionaire ( Feb 19, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180219 : The Free Market Threat to Democracy by John Weeks ( Feb 17, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20180218 : The FSB breaks up Russia's most notorious hacker group - Russia Beyond ( Feb 18, 2018 , www.rbth.com )
- 20180218 : What the Arrest of the Russian Intel top Cyber-Crime Expert Has to Do With American elections -- The Bell ( Feb 18, 2018 , thebell.io )
- 20180218 : Moscow Court Sentences 'Shaltai-Boltai' Hackers To Prison ( Feb 18, 2018 , www.rferl.org )
- 20180218 : Notorious Russian Hacker With Links To FSB Scandal Sentenced To Prison ( Feb 18, 2018 , www.rferl.org )
- 20180218 : Making Sense of Russia's Cyber Treason Scandal ( Feb 18, 2018 , worldview.stratfor.com )
- 20180218 : The FBI just indicted a Russian official for hacking. But why did Russia charge him with treason? ( Mar 17, 2017 , www.washingtonpost.com )
- 20180218 : Yahoo hack and Russia's cyber hacking ( Feb 18, 2018 , www.businessinsider.com )
- 20180218 : Opinion Fearless Adversarial Journalism Doesn't Work When You Are Funded By A Billionaire Zero Hedge Zero Hedge ( Feb 18, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180218 : Both agencies were complicit in the most infamous assassinations and false flag episodes since the Kennedy/MLK Vietnam days. Don't forget Air America CIA drug running and Iran/Contra / October Surprise affairs. ( Feb 18, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180218 : And, what about all the foreign nationals who post here in this forum on this blog? I daresay most offer opinions not complementary of the US government and its political menagerie. ( Feb 18, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180217 : A Brief History of the Kremlin Trolls by Scott Humor ( Feb 17, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180217 : Empire actually don t know what Russia don t know or do know. It has to be noted that the Kremlin is very silent on this subject. May be becuase speaking of paranoiacs with mania of world domination is not such a good idea ( Feb 17, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180217 : The only member of Shaltay-Boltay left on the loose reveals details on their work ( Feb 17, 2018 , en.crimerussia.com )
- 20180217 : A Brief History of the Kremlin Trolls The Vineyard of the Saker ( Feb 17, 2018 , thesaker.is )
- 20180217 : CIA Argues The Public Can t See Classified Information It Has Already Leaked To Favored Reporters ( Feb 17, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180217 : Trump has at least one thing right our post-9-11 wars have been a mistake by Andrew J. Bacevich ( Feb 16, 2018 , www.bostonglobe.com )
- 20180217 : In Trump's 2019 Budget, Lockheed Looms Almost as Large as State Dept by Jason Ditz ( Feb 16, 2018 , news.antiwar.com )
- 20180216 : A Brief History of the "Kremlin Trolls" by Scott Humor ( Oct 15, 2017 , thesaker.is )
- 20180216 : Moscow charges ex-FSB Kaspersky staff with treason 'in interests of US' lawyer ( Feb 01, 2017 , www.rt.com )
- 20180216 : Russians Spooked by Nukes-Against-Cyber-Attack Policy Consortiumnews ( Feb 16, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180216 : Mueller Indicts 13 Russians For Interfering In US Election ( Feb 16, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180216 : Where are these indictments ? Obama, Hillary Clinton, Victoria Nuland, Geoffrey Pyatt and John McCain. ( Feb 16, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180216 : What is the definition of a fake social media account ? What is the crime for operatine a fake social medial account? Is this the standard by which we will all be judged? ( Feb 16, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180216 : The source code shows that Marble has test examples not just in English but also in Chinese, Russian, Korean, Arabic and Farsi. This would permit a forensic attribution double game, for example by pretending that the spoken language of the malware creator was not American English, but Chinese, but then showing attempts to conceal the use of Chinese, drawing forensic investigators even more strongly to the wrong conclusion, --- but there are other possibilities, such as hiding fake error messages. ( Feb 16, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180216 : Stephanie Savell The Hidden Costs of America's Wars by Tom Engelhardt ( Feb 16, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180215 : How The Deep State Stopped Better Relations With Russia by Robert W. Merry ( Feb 14, 2018 , www.informationclearinghouse.info )
- 20180214 : The Lies That Enable Perpetual War ( Feb 14, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180214 : Trump's Massive Giveaway to the Pentagon by Daniel Larison ( Feb 14, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180214 : President Trump has pursued an agenda mirroring the police state operations of the FBI – only on a global scale by James Petras ( Feb 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180214 : BuzzFeed Suing DNC For Proof They Were Hacked Zero Hedge ( Feb 14, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180214* The FBI and the President – Mutual Manipulation by James Petras ( Feb 09, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180212* The Age of Lunacy: The Doomsday Machine ( Feb 11, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180212 : Drug Wars, Missing Money, and a Phantom $500 Million by Nick Turse ( Feb 11, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180212* Ike's Military-Industrial-Congressional Complex Is Alive and Very Well by William J. Astore ( Feb 12, 2018 , www.antiwar.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180212 : A CIA Cyber False Flag by Federico Pieraccini. ( Feb 08, 2018 , wearechange.org )
- 20180211 : Fletcher Prouty's suspicions re Kennedy's assassination were later confirmed by Chauncey Holt before he died (there are several versions online). His recorded testimony proves the CIA/MAFIA connection(without knowing who gave the order). ( Feb 11, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180211 : Trump s Illegal War in Syria Is Getting More Dangerous by Daniel Larison ( Feb 11, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180210* The generals are not Borgists. They are something worse ... ( Feb 10, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180210 : CIA Paid $100,000 To Shadowy Russian For Dirt on Trump, Including Sex Video ( Feb 10, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180210 : Canons of color revolution in action: hundreds of thousands have pledged to take to the streets if Special Counsel Robert Mueller is removed, reflecting misplaced priorities and some fundamental misunderstandings ( Feb 09, 2018 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20180210 : US military is the second largest US employer after Wallmart ( Feb 10, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180209 : Sic Semper Tyrannis Syria Notes - 5 February 2018 ( Feb 09, 2018 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20180206 : The War That Never Ends (for the U.S. Military High Command), by Danny Sjursen - The Unz Review ( Feb 05, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180202 : Lying, Spying and Hiding by Andrew Napolitano ( Feb 01, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180201 : FISA Frivolity FBI Warns Memo Could Undermine Faith In Massive, Unaccountable Secret Agencies ( Feb 01, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180130 : One of the mysteries of the Snowden affair was why none (almost none) of the 40,000 employees of the disgusting 4th Amendment-trampling NSA blew the whistle on what they likely would have known was massive illegal spying. ( Jan 30, 2018 , off-guardian.org )
- 20180130* The Unseen Wars of America the Empire The American Conservative ( Jan 30, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180130 : Rewriting the History of the Vietnam War, to the Detriment of Everyone Save the Military-Industrial Complex naked capitalism ( Jan 30, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20180130 : John Bolton Remains Leading Candidate to Replace H. R. McMaster ( Jan 28, 2018 , nationalinterest.org )
- 20180130 : 3 Little-Known Problems With the National Defense Strategy by Michael O'Hanlon ( Jan 30, 2018 , nationalinterest.org )
- 20180129 : Remarks by James Mattis on the National Defense Strategy by James Mattis ( Jan 29, 2018 , www.voltairenet.org )
- 20180129 : America's National Defense Is Really Offense by Philip M. Giraldi ( Jan 29, 2018 , www.informationclearinghouse.info )
- 20180128 : Meet the CIA Guns, Drugs and Money by Jeffrey St. Clair ( Jan 28, 2018 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20180128 : The not-so-secret life of Mathilde Krim ( Jan 28, 2018 , mondoweiss.net )
- 20180128 : US MIC extract so many money out of the American taxpayers to maintain the US global empire that any former serviceman who was deployed in Europe for a couple years can see that many parts of US are overrated, crime ridden dumps even when compared to places in Eastern Europe ( Jan 28, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180128 : Israel as a MIC lobbyist injecting some money they got via military help into the USA politics directly, or indirectly. ( Jan 28, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20180126 : Ukraine, Syria, Russiagate, the Media, and the Risk of Nuclear War, by Robert Roth - The Unz Review ( Jan 26, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180125 : William Binney About Released Secret FISA Memo: People Need To Go To Jail ( Jan 25, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180124* The FBI Hand Behind Russia-gate by Ray McGovern ( Jan 24, 2018 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180124 : I remember the day like it was yesterday ( Jan 24, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180124 : Congress is treating Americans like children over FISA memo Judge Napolitano - YouTube ( Jan 22, 2018 , www.youtube.com )
- 20180122 : US Intelligence Could Well Have Wiretapped Trump by Ron Paul ( Jan 20, 2018 , www.informationclearinghouse.info )
- 20180122 : Trump Jr. on FISA memo Media, Democrats working together to deceive Americans ( Jan 22, 2018 , www.washingtonexaminer.com )
- 20180122* Pentagon Unveils Strategy for Military Confrontation With Russia and China by Bill Van Auken ( Jan 22, 2018 , russia-insider.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180122* If Trump is an authoritarian, why don t Democrats treat him like one? by Corey Robin ( Jan 20, 2018 , www.theguardian.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180119 : Our Potemkin Village - Antiwar.com Original ( Jan 19, 2018 , original.antiwar.com )
- 20180118 : Mathilde Krim = backdoor connection LBJ and Ben-Gurion by by Steven Gaal , ( Jun 09, 2010 , educationforum.ipbhost.com )
- 20180117* Neoconning the Trump White House by Kelley Beaucar Vlahos ( Jan 17, 2018 , www.theamericanconservative.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180117 : Leftist musician Moby claims CIA asked him to post about Trump and Russia...and did so ( Jan 17, 2018 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20180116* The Russia Explainer ( Apr 04, 2017 , russiaexplainer.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180116 : Watch A Sitting Congresswoman Shred The MSM Narrative In Under A Minute ( Jan 16, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180116 : How One Employee Pushed The Wrong Button And Unleashed Doomsday Panic Across Hawaii Zero Hedge ( Jan 16, 2018 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20180115* CIA had an agent at a newspaper in every world capital at least since 1977 ( Jan 14, 2018 ) [Recommended]
- 20180114 : Militarism and empire building means devastation at home ( Jan 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180114 : By default I block Google and its octopus of websites as third party sites on websites I visit. ( Jan 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180114 : The US could have had a visionary reformer in JFK but unfortunately he was prematurely decommissioned by the deep state but Trump is light years behind JFK in intellect and articulation. ( Jan 14, 2018 , www.unz.com )
- 20180113 : RIP Marc Raskin, Who Connected the Dots Between Inequality and War ( Jan 13, 2018 , fpif.org )
- 20180102* The Still-Missing Evidence of Russia-gate by Dennis J. Bernstein ( Jan 02, 2018 , consortiumnews.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180102 : False flag attacks using sharpshooters as a standard instrument of color revolutions ( Jan 02, 2018 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20180102* Neocon warmongers should be treated as rapists by Andrew J. Bacevich ( Dec 22, 2017 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180102* Jill Stein in the Cross-hairs by Mike Whitney ( Dec 26, 2017 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20180102 : BOOK REVIEW: America s War for the Greater Middle East by Andrew J. Bacevich by David Rohde ( Apr 15, 2016 , www.nytimes.com )
- 20171231* How America Spreads Global Chaos by Nicolas J.S. Davies ( Oct 30, 2017 , consortiumnews.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171230 : Not a single officer resigned in protest despite the fact that the US is deeply in bed with ISIS and those who are responsible, at least according to the official conspiracy theory, for 9/11 ( Dec 30, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171229 : Hunt s Deathbed Confession Reveals JFK Killers ( Dec 29, 2017 , rense.com )
- 20171229 : E. Howard Hunt, Agent Who Organized Botched Watergate Break-In, Dies at 88 - The New York Times ( Dec 29, 2017 , www.nytimes.com )
- 20171229 : Watergate Burglar Howard Hunt Was William Buckley's Deep Throat ( Dec 29, 2017 , www.thedailybeast.com )
- 20171229 : Are E. Howard Hunt and Frank Sturgis JFK Assassins ( Dec 29, 2017 , posc.mu.edu )
- 20171229 : Confession of Howard Hunt ( Dec 29, 2017 , www.maryferrell.org )
- 20171228* How CrowdStrike placed malware in DNC hacked servers by Alex Christoforou ( Dec 28, 2017 , theduran.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171228* From Snowden To Russia-gate - The CIA And The Media ( Dec 28, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20171228 : I think many British journalists work for the British secret service, and they were recruited at university and slotted into journalist employment ( Sep 15, 2012 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20171228 : When GG acquired apparently exclusive stewardship of the Snowden trove, one of my first thoughts was, "If there's anything in Snowden's documents that contradict or cast doubt upon the official 9/11 narrative, Glenn will be careful to put it on the bottom of the pile and keep it there." I still believe this ( Dec 28, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20171228 : Was Snowden a double agent or not ( Dec 28, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20171227 : The remarkable thing is to see the complete disappearance of the anti-war left. ( Dec 27, 2017 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20171224 : Evidence of Google blacklisting of left and progressive sites continues to mount - World Socialist Web Site ( Dec 24, 2017 , www.wsws.org )
- 20171224 : Next Phase in Forcing Biometric Tracking on Consumers by Don Quijones ( Dec 24, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20171224 : De Facto Travel Restrictions Now Exist For Americans by Paul Craig Roberts ( Dec 21, 2017 , ronpaulinstitute.org )
- 20171222* When Sanity Fails - The Mindset of the Ideological Drone by The Saker ( Dec 22, 2017 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171222 : Facebook Handing Over More Info To US Government This Is What Facebook Was Designed To Do Zero Hedge ( Dec 22, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20171220 : It seems like the intelligence agencies are spending more time monitoring politicians and public than Al Queda. ( Mar 23, 2017 , )
- 20171219* Do not Underestimate the Power of Microfoundations ( Apr 04, 2015 , Economist's View ) [Recommended]
- 20171218 : Gaius Publius: Explosive WikiLeaks Release Exposes Massive, Aggressive CIA Cyber Spying, Hacking Capability ( Mar 09, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20171218 : Prepare! Pursue!! Prevail!!! by Brian Cloughley ( Dec 15, 2017 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20171214 : Tech Giants Trying to Use WTO to Colonize Emerging Economies ( Dec 14, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20171213 : 'You are being programmed,' former Facebook executive warns by Rozina Sini ( Dec 13, 2017 , www.bbc.com )
- 20171211* How Russia-gate Met the Magnitsky Myth by Robert Parry ( Jul 13, 2017 , consortiumnews.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171210* blamePutin continues to be the media s dominant hashtag. Vladimir Putin finally confesses his entire responsibility for everything bad that has ever happened since the beginning of time ( Dec 10, 2017 , off-guardian.org ) [Recommended]
- 20171210* When Washington Cheered the Jihadists Consortiumnews ( Dec 10, 2017 , consortiumnews.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171210* Russia-gate s Reach into Journalism by Dennis J Bernstein ( Dec 10, 2017 , www.facebook.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171208 : AMERICA-HYSTERICA ( Dec 08, 2017 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20171207 : Operation Mockingbird never ended ( Dec 07, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20171205 : It seems to me that the Intelligence Services have colonized the media ( Feb 09, 2015 , theguardian.com )
- 20171205 : Schizophrenic nonsense about Russia in Western MSM ( Jan 31, 2015 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20171205 : One-Pager on Latest Developments in Russia (RF Sitrep 20150129) ( Jan 31, 2015 , Russia Insider )
- 20171203 : Is Washington the Most Corrupt Government in History by Paul Craig Roberts ( Dec 03, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171203 : Google clearly can not be trusted ( unz.com )
- 20171203 : Google Facebook Are 1984 - Tax Them 'Til They Bleed by Raul Ilargi Meije ( Nov 12, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20171201* NSA hacks system administrators, new leak reveals ( Mar 21, 2014 , news.slashdot.org ) [Recommended]
- 20171201* Neocon Chaos Promotion in the Mideast ( Apr 15, 2015 , antiwar.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171201* JFK The CIA, Vietnam, and the Plot to Assassinate John F. Kennedy by L. Fletcher Prouty, Oliver Stone, Jesse Ventura ( Oct 08, 2017 , www.amazon.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171130* Heritage Foundation + the War Industry What a Pair by Paul Gottfried ( Nov 30, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171130 : How Facebook and Google threaten public health and democracy by Roger McNamee ( Nov 30, 2017 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20171130 : How Facebook and Google threaten public health – and democracy by Roger McNamee ( Nov 30, 2017 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20171130 : Declassifying the Syrian Jihad CIA vs. the Pentagon ( Nov 30, 2017 , original.antiwar.com )
- 20171129 : Google clearly can not be trusted ( Google clearly can not be trusted, Nov 29, 2017 )
- 20171123 : US-Israeli military supply relations - Symbiosis or parasitism ( Nov 23, 2017 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20171122 : MoA - Google Does Evil ( Nov 22, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20171122 : DECAMERON And Now, Calling to Start US War in Syria All Over Again ( Nov 22, 2017 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20171118 : State Department's New Victoria Nuland...is Just Like the Old Victoria Nuland ( Nov 18, 2017 , ronpaulinstitute.org )
- 20171118 : How Americas Deep State Operates To Control The Message by Philip Giraldi ( Nov 18, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20171116 : Massive Overkill by William Hartung ( Nov 14, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171116 : William Hartung How to Wield Influence and Sell Weaponry in Washington by Tom Engelhardt ( Nov 16, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171111 : Why You Should NEVER Buy an Amazon Echo or Even Get Near One ( Nov 11, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20171111 : Why You Should NEVER Buy an Amazon Echo or Even Get Near One ( Nov 11, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20171110 : Yves Smith ( Nov 10, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20171110 : What part of your personal life can be deduced from your Web logs ( Nov 10, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20171110 : What part of your personal life can be deduced from your Web logs ( Nov 10, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20171110 : Yves Smith ( Nov 10, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20171108* Learning to Love McCarthyism by Robert Parry ( Nov 08, 2017 , consortiumnews.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171108 : Although most Americans today reject the official (lone gunman) account of the Kennedy assassination, they also have doubts about alternative versions involving CIA as the main culprit. This means the CIA program was successful, for its aim was not to sell the Warren Commission, but to sow uncertainty. Today, people are not only uncertain, they have given up ever learning the truth ( Sep 23, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171108 : More 'Fake News,' Alas, From the New York Times The American Conservative by Andrew J. Bacevich ( Nov 08, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20171104* Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu Leads US President Trump to War with Iran by Prof. James Petras ( Oct 26, 2017 , www.defenddemocracy.press ) [Recommended]
- 20171104 : Duty, Honor, Atrocity ( Nov 04, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171103 : Neocons Push Dubious Paper To Allege Iran - Al-Qaeda Connection ( Nov 03, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20171102 : JFK conspiracy ( Nov 02, 2017 , www.reddit.com )
- 20171102 : JFK Megathread conspiracy ( Nov 02, 2017 , www.reddit.com )
- 20171101 : JFK The CIA, Vietnam, and the Plot to Assassinate John F. Kennedy by L. Fletcher Prouty ( Nov 01, 2017 , www.amazon.com )
- 20171101 : The Secret Team The CIA and Its Allies in Control of the United States and the World by L. Fletcher Prouty ( Nov 01, 2017 , www.amazon.com )
- 20171101 : Don't feed the beast. Duckduckgo is a good alternative to Google. And Facebook and Twitter's revenues are advertisement based ( Nov 01, 2017 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20171101 : They Killed Our President 63 Reasons to Believe There Was a Conspiracy to Assassinate JFK by Jesse Ventura, Dick Russell, David ( Nov 01, 2017 , www.amazon.com )
- 20171101 : Jesse Ventura JFK Assassination Was A Coup D' tat ( Nov 01, 2017 , www.youtube.com )
- 20171101 : Buckaroo Banzai ( Nov 01, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20171031* Above All - The Junta Expands Its Claim To Power ( Oct 31, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20171031 : JFK was taken out by a combined US Naval Intel and CIA plot. The beneficiary was the MIC ( Oct 31, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20171031 : At some point, he was really furious and yelled:" Hey Dean, tell the bastard : if he won't behave we'll do him what we did to the Kennedy boys!" ( Oct 31, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20171031 : "Read the CIA's Simple Sabotage Field Manual: A Timeless, Kafkaesque Guide to Subverting Any Organization with "Purposeful Stupidity" (1944) ( Oct 31, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20171030 : The JFK Files and the Real Conspiracy Against the Truth by David Stockman ( Oct 27, 2017 , original.antiwar.com )
- 20171030 : The Deep State's JFK Triumph Over Trump by Ray McGovern ( Oct 30, 2017 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20171030 : Could Papadopoulos case be an entrapment ? This "Russian professor" looks exactly like the heroes of Nigerian spam letters ( Oct 30, 2017 , www.theregister.co.uk )
- 20171029* Whose Bright Idea Was RussiaGate by Paul Craig Roberts ( Oct 03, 2017 , ronpaulinstitute.org ) [Recommended]
- 20171029* Deciphering Trumps Foreign Policy by Oscar Silva-Valladares ( Oct 28, 2017 , ronpaulinstitute.org ) [Recommended]
- 20171029 : John Feffer The Real Disuniting of America by Tom Engelhardt ( Oct 24, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171029 : In Facebook We Antitrust by Patricia J. Williams ( Oct 29, 2017 , www.thenation.com )
- 20171029 : The car was evidence. The evidence was obviously tampered with and removed from Texas before the state was done investigating a murder. ( Oct 29, 2017 , www.informationclearinghouse.info )
- 20171029 : Customer reviews Last Word My Indictment of the CIA in the Murder of JFK ( Oct 29, 2017 , www.amazon.com )
- 20171028 : John Kerry I Have 'Serious Doubts That Lee Harvey Oswald Acted Alone' the Day JFK Died ( Oct 28, 2017 , parade.com )
- 20171028 : Then, suddenly, the document cuts off ( Oct 28, 2017 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20171027 : JFK was taken out by the Deep State . ( Oct 27, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171027 : National Archives Releases Another 2,891 JFK Assassination Records ( Oct 27, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20171027 : I am of the strong belief that any administration which comes into power in the current environment of nearly unrestrained executive authority, a lawless and sprawling intelligence agency complex, and a debt-driven, rent-seeking rewarding fraud economy should be assumed to represent a serious threat to the remnants of civil liberties and democratic elections ( Jan 23, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20171025* Tomorrow Belongs to the Corporatocracy by C.J. Hopkins ( Oct 20, 2017 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171025 : The McCain globalist-American Exceptionalism narrative is the steady injection of lies and half-truths so that the public accepts the unending demands for increased defense spending, accepting that the world outside is a dangerous place that must be kept in line by force majeur of US policeman. ( Oct 25, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171025 : Tell Me How This Ends ( Oct 19, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171024 : The US lurches toward military dictatorship by Andre Damon ( Oct 23, 2017 , www.wsws.org )
- 20171024 : Our Quest For 'Absolute Security' Guarantees Forever War by Danny Sjursen ( Oct 24, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20171024 : The country's civilian leadership neither knows where the US military operates, nor dares to inquire. Wars are not declared. Those who lead them are not accountable to Congress or the people. The military is deployed at the discretion of the president and his generals ( Oct 24, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20171024 : Neo-Jacobins Demand Zero Tolerance, Or Else by Zachary Yost ( Oct 24, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20171024 : The Weinstein story was suppressed by Hollywood, using its legal and financial muscle to keep a lid on it until now. But there are also power centres in the US government that can dictate to Hollywood: the Pentagon and the CIA ( Oct 24, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20171023 : Why Trump Is Releasing the JFK Files by Adrienne LaFrance ( Oct 22, 2017 , www.theatlantic.com )
- 20171022 : John Brennan's Police State USA ( Oct 22, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171022 : Silicon Valley is not your friend by Dan Crawford ( Oct 20, 2017 , angrybearblog.com )
- 20171022 : What Facebook Did to American Democracy by Alexis C. Madrigal ( Oct 22, 2017 , www.theatlantic.com )
- 20171022 : Who Can Blame McCain for Loathing Trump ( Oct 22, 2017 , washingtonmonthly.com )
- 20171022 : Trump and His 'Beautiful' Weapons by William Blum ( Oct 21, 2017 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20171021 : Washington Funds Foreign Think Tanks That Blacklist Opponents of Neocon Foreign Policy by Ron Paul ( Oct 21, 2017 , ronpaulinstitute.org )
- 20171019 : Profile In Treason - The Unz Review ( Oct 19, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171019 : The U.S. Military - Pampered, Safe And Very Scared ( Oct 19, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20171019 : Privacy is dead Get over it by Paul Croke ( Mar 24, 2015 , baltimorepostexaminer.com )
- 20171019 : McCain As Metaphor ( Oct 19, 2017 , original.antiwar.com )
- 20171018 : Spy Schools How the CIA, FBI and Foreign Intelligence Secretly Exploit America's Universities by Nick Roll ( www.chronicle.com )
- 20171017* The Victory of Perception Management by Robert Parry ( Dec 28, 2014 , consortiumnews.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171017 : How The Washington Post Deceives Us About The War In Syria ( Oct 17, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20171016 : Who rules this Facebook ( Oct 16, 2017 , failedevolution.blogspot.gr )
- 20171015 : The Carter Doctrine at 30 by Andrew J. Bacevich ( Oct 15, 2017 , www.worldaffairsjournal.org )
- 20171014 : Install a Complete Mail Server with Postfix and Webmail in Debian 9 ( Oct 14, 2017 , www.tecmint.com )
- 20171014 : The Deep State's Bogus 'Iranian Threat' by David Stockman ( Oct 14, 2017 , original.antiwar.com )
- 20171011 : Antifa in Theory and in Practice ( Oct 11, 2017 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20171011 : Spy Spin Fuels Anti-Kaspersky Campaign ( Oct 11, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20171011 : Elite Hackers Stealing NSA Secrets Is 'Child's Play' ( Oct 11, 2017 , www.msn.com )
- 20171011 : The Myths of Interventionists by Daniel Larison ( Oct 11, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20171010 : The Israeli algorithm criminalizing Palestinians for online dissent ( Oct 10, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171009* Dennis Kucinich We Must Challenge the Two-Party Duopoly Committed to War by Adam Dick ( Oct 09, 2017 , ronpaulinstitute.org ) [Recommended]
- 20171009* Autopilot Wars by Andrew J. Bacevich ( Oct 08, 2017 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171009 : Masquerading Hackers Are Forcing a Rethink of How Attacks Are Traced ( Oct 09, 2017 , theintercept.com )
- 20171008 : Todays Republicans Democrats are just two sides of the same coin. We ought to just call them what they really all are -- Neocons. ( Oct 08, 2017 , steemit.com )
- 20171007 : Neoliberals seizes power with no intention of relinquishing it. Ever. ( Oct 07, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20171007 : Us can win against Russi or china but not both of them. And niether Russia or china would allow the other to be destroyed byt he USA. That means end of the US world ( Oct 07, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171007 : Wars are costly and uncertain events even in case of overwhelming technical superiority that the USA still enjoys (against most non-nuclear countries) ( Oct 07, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171007 : US Intelligence Unit Accused Of Illegally Spying On Americans' Financial Records ( Oct 07, 2017 , www.buzzfeed.com )
- 20171005 : "Die" The Unlimited Radicalism Of Antifa by James Kirkpatrick ( Oct 03, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20171004 : The Trump-Goldman Sachs Tax Cut for the Rich by Jack Rasmus ( Oct 04, 2017 , www.counterpunch.org )
- 20171004 : The American Religion of War by William J. Astore ( Oct 04, 2017 , original.antiwar.com )
- 20171003* The Vietnam Nightmare -- Again by Eric Margolis ( Sep 30, 2017 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20171003 : US military vehicles paraded 300 yards from the Russian border by Michael Birnbaum ( Feb 24, 2015 , www.washingtonpost.com )
- 20171002 : High Tech Pork The Pentagon's New Wonder Weapons for World Dominion ( Oct 02, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20171002 : Presidential Candidates Push American Supremacy, Not National Defenss and anything they say should be taken with a grain of salt ( Jul 09, 2016 , therealnews.com )
- 20170930* Yet Another Major Russia Story Falls Apart. Is Skepticism Permissible Yet by Glenn Greenwald ( Sep 28, 2017 , consortiumnews.com ) [Recommended]
- 20170929 : Bernie Sanders To Democrats This Is What a Radical Foreign Policy Looks Like ( Sep 29, 2017 , theintercept.com )
- 20170927* Come You Masters of War by Matthew Harwood ( Sep 26, 2017 , www.fff.org ) [Recommended]
- 20170927 : Philip Giraldi's Remedy for Wars by Israel Shamir ( Sep 27, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170925* I am presently reading the book JFK and the Unspeakable by James W.Douglass and it is exactly why Kennedy was assassinated by the very same group that desperately wants to see Trump gone and the rapprochement with Russia squashed ( Jun 26, 2017 , www.informationclearinghouse.info ) [Recommended]
- 20170925 : Neoliberalism and democracy are incompatible. And they were incompatible from the very beginning, because neoliberalism is a flavor of corporatism, the Trotskyism for the rich ( Sep 25, 2017 , www.defenddemocracy.press )
- 20170924 : Trump allies see vindication in reports on Manafort wiretapping ( Sep 24, 2017 , www.msn.com )
- 20170924 : The New Monopolists While innovations in information technology have transformed how people live, work, and connect, the IT industry's growth pattern has contributed to a widening gap between rich and poor. ( Sep 24, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170924 : Donald Trump is now embarked on a Pyongyang-style military-first policy in which resources, money, and power are heading for the Pentagon and the U.S. nuclear arsenal, while much of the rest of the government is downsized ( Sep 24, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170923* Welcome to 1984 Big Brother Google Now Watching Your Every Political Move ( Sep 23, 2017 , ronpaulinstitute.org ) [Recommended]
- 20170923 : The Nuclear War That Almost Was and the Man Who Prevented It ( www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170923 : MoA - NATO's Fakenews Russia Scare Increases Defense Waste ( Sep 23, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170922 : The Sci-Fi Roots of the Far Right!From 'Lucifer's Hammer' to Newt's Moon Base to Donald's Wall by David Auerbach ( Sep 22, 2017 , www.thedailybeast.com )
- 20170921 : Why Isn't There a Debate about America's Grand Strategy ( Sep 21, 2017 , nationalinterest.org )
- 20170920* The Politics of Military Ascendancy by James Petras ( Sep 15, 2017 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20170920 : America Is Getting Outclassed by Russian Electronic Warfare The National Interest ( Sep 20, 2017 , nationalinterest.org )
- 20170920 : MIC bonanza from Trump: We will be spending almost $700 billion on our military and defense ( Sep 20, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170919* The Glaring Omissions in Trumps U.N. Speech by Daniel Larison ( Sep 19, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com ) [Recommended]
- 20170919 : Since the initial strike in April, the Trump administration has deliberately attacked regime or allied forces an additional five times ( Sep 19, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170919 : Senate Backs Bill to Pump $700 Billion into Military by Jason Ditz ( Sep 18, 2017 , news.antiwar.com )
- 20170919 : Time for a Conservative Anti-Monopoly Movement by Daniel Kishi ( Sep 19, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20170918* Google was seed funded by the US National Security Agency (NSA) and Central Intelligence Agency (CIA). The company now enjoys lavish partnerships with military contractors like SAIC, Northrop Grumman and Blackbird. ( consortiumnews.com ) [Recommended]
- 20170918 : Why Petraeus, Obama And Brennan Should Face 5,000 Years In Prison ( Aug 04, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170917* The So-called Russian Hack of the DNC Does Not Make Sense by Publius Tacitus ( Sep 05, 2017 , turcopolier.typepad.com ) [Recommended]
- 20170917* Fear of deviation from political correctness is a powerful thing and such zeitgeist pervades America to an extent that people fear independent thought for concern that they will be deterred from upward employment mobility ( Sep 17, 2017 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20170917* Empire Idiots by Linh Dinh ( Sep 09, 2017 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20170917 : Mohamed Atta was allegedly training at the airport in the same town where National Enquirer had its headquarter so it would be easy to write juicy pieces about his life there ( Sep 15, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170917 : Empire Idiots ( Sep 17, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170913 : Chelsea Manning: The Dystopia We Signed Up for ( Sep 13, 2017 , www.nytimes.com )
- 20170902 : Social Media is A Tool of the CIA: "Facebook, Google and Other Social Media Used to Spy on People" ( Sep 02, 2017 , www.globalresearch.ca )
- 20170902 : A Politically Incorrect Question About Our Fender-Bender Navy ( Sep 02, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170901 : New Think Tank Emails Show How Google Wields its Power in Washington ( Sep 01, 2017 , theintercept.com )
- 20170901 : McCain's Transmutation from Cautious Realist to Super-Hawk - The Unz Review ( Sep 01, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170830* The President of Belgian Magistrates - Neoliberalism is a form of Fascism by Manuela Cadelli ( Aug 30, 2017 , www.defenddemocracy.press ) [Recommended]
- 20170830 : Why Google Made The NSA by Nafeez Ahmed ( Aug 39, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170828 : As Prosecutors Submit Evidence, WannaCry Hero's Legal Fund Returns All Donations ( Aug 28, 2017 , yro.slashdot.org )
- 20170826 : Why Google made the NSA Part 2 ( Aug 26, 2017 , medium.com )
- 20170826 : Exploring the Shadows of America's Security State Or How I Learned Not to Love Big Brother ( Aug 26, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170826 : How the CIA made Google by Nafeez Ahmed ( Aug 26, 2017 , medium.com )
- 20170826 : Even dating apps like Tinder used in industrial espionage like a honey trap to match an operative with a target. ( Aug 26, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170826 : American military operations are clearly increasing the risk to merchant traffic in the vicinity ( Aug 26, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20170825 : A large more universally imprisoning threat looms that far surpasses war with bombs. Is it the use of technology and media ownership to reverse 1st amendment infringement against target people, to remove their writings and sayings and to deny others not only to access the expressions and documentations of the target person, but also to deny all others from even knowing such information and such person is even available? ( Aug 25, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170825 : In the case of Information monopolies, removing available information and omitting it from search engine searches and public indexes, often start as a means to offer access in exchange for money, but soon evolves into using technology to control the entire information environment. ( Aug 25, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170824 : Vault 7 release includes revelation of CIA capability to allow it to misdirect the attribution of cyber attacks leaving behind the fingerprints of the very groups that the attack techniques were stolen from ( Aug 24, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170824 : The biggest danger to democracy I see is not trade corruption between leaders of nation states, but on-going removal of available information from view of the common ordinary people (denial of access is one thing, but denial of awareness that certain information might exist is quite another ). ( Aug 24, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170824 : The US army is the military branch of the US corporate neocolonialism ( Aug 24, 2017 , failedevolution.blogspot.gr )
- 20170824 : The use of intrusive technical collection and surveillance on diplomats, which sometimes causes harm in its own right ( Aug 24, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170824 : The Military and the Monetary, use the media as intermediaries, they are determined to keep the citizens secondary, they make so many decisions that are arbitrary ( Aug 24, 2017 , www.washingtonpost.com )
- 20170821 : Debt based consum ption and speculation led to the roaring 20s and the debt deflation of the Great Depression. That created preconditions to fascism ( Aug 21, 2017 , discussion.theguardian.com )
- 20170820 : The United States was never immune to fascism. Not then, not now by David Motadel ( Aug 20, 2017 , www.theguardian.com )
- 20170820 : Trump Loses Anti-War Aide In Bannon The Daily Caller ( Aug 20, 2017 , dailycaller.com )
- 20170820 : I believe you are onto something when you suggest that the US is becoming a state ruled by corporations. ( Aug 20, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170820 : Documents reveal Italian dictator got start in politics in 1917 with help of 100 weekly wage from MI5 ( Aug 20, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170820 : Fascism denies, in democracy, the absurd conventional untruth of political equality dressed out in the garb of collective irresponsibility, and the myth of "happiness" and indefinite progress... ( Aug 20, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170819 : Vassal Aristocracies Increasingly Resist Control by US Aristocracy by Eric Zuesse ( Aug 14, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170818 : Pentagon took over White house: The firing of Bannon leaves the Generals without an opposing view. They will no longer be contradicted ( Aug 18, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170816 : Neocons Leverage Trump-Hate for More Wars Defend Democracy Press by Robert Parry ( 5 August 2017 , www.defenddemocracy.press )
- 20170814 : MoA - Hyping North Korea To Relaunch Reagan's Star Wars ( Aug 14, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170814 : Pentagon Looses Track of $6.5 Trillion Embezzled Unaccounted Funds at Expense of US Tax Payers ( Aug 14, 2017 , www.globalresearch.ca )
- 20170812 : Googles new search protocol is restricting access to 13 leading socialist, progressive and anti-war web sites ( Aug 12, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170810 : Implementation of ideas of 1984 is in full swing ( Aug 10, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170809 : Fake News A US Media Specialty by Paul Craig Roberts ( Aug 07, 2017 , www.informationclearinghouse.info )
- 20170807 : The US propaganda machines has accused Russia of arming the Taliban ( Aug 07, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170802 : Sanctions, smoke and mirrors from a kindergarten on LSD by Saker ( Jul 31, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170801 : The New York Times Pushes Propaganda War Against Russia ( Aug 01, 2017 , turcopolier.typepad.com )
- 20170801 : Groupthink at the CIA by Philip Giraldi ( Aug 01, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170731 : How Romney Loyalists Hijacked Trumps Foreign Policy ( Jul 31, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20170730* Fascism Is Possible Not in Spite of [neo]Liberal Capitalism, but Because of It by Earchiel Johnson ( Jul 30, 2017 , www.truth-out.org ) [Recommended]
- 20170730 : Mainstream News Manipulation of US Public ( Jul 30, 2017 , www.youtube.com )
- 20170730 : Fascism and the Denial of Truth: What Henry Wallace Can Teach Us About Trump ( Jul 30, 2017 , www.truth-out.org )
- 20170730 : Snowden dreams about better America ( Feb 15, 2017 , www.youtube.com )
- 20170729* Ray McGovern The Deep State Assault on Elected Government Must Be Stopped ( Apr 2, 2017 , www.youtube.com ) [Recommended]
- 20170728 : US Military-Industrial complex seems rather stable, and it can be maintained with some modest number of conflicts around the world. This industry is mature, and the methods of creating and managing the conflicts, and vilification of adversaries were honed over decades, and the other industries are almost unaffected. ( Jul 28, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170728 : Did Allen Dulles CIA Murder JFK? The documents seem to say so. Will Trump release the JFK files against the wishes of the CIA? ( Jul 28, 2017 , whowhatwhy.org )
- 20170726 : Americas Militarized Police ( Jul 26, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170726 : What You Actually Spend on the National Security State by William D. Hartung ( Jul 26, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20170725* The Coup against Trump and His Military – Wall Street Defense by James Petras ( Dec 28, 2016 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20170725 : Dont underestimate how personally piqued McCain is over President Obama, taking McCains turn, when it comes time for a vote. McCain is a nasty man ( Jul 25, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20170725 : McCain very clearly demonstrated who he is and who he actually works for when he chose Tundra Trash as his running mate. ( Jul 25, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20170725 : July 25, 2017 at 2:31 pm ( Jul 25, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20170725 : That automatically brought to my mind an image of the songbird of the Hanoi Hilton, John McCain, lurching up from his Senate seat, dagger in hand. ( Jul 25, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170725 : John McCain: Homo Americanus ( Jul 25, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170723 : MoA - Murder, Spies And Weapons - Three Fascinating 'Deep State' Stories ( Jul 23, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170723 : Dismantling McCains Disastrous Legacy Should Now Be Trumps Top Priority ( Jul 23, 2017 , russia-insider.com )
- 20170721 : July 21, 2017 at 7:08 am ( Jul 21, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20170721 : Is the CIA Reformable by Melvin A. Goodman ( Jul 21, 2017 , www.truth-out.org )
- 20170720 : Empire of Destruction: Precision Warfare? Don't Make Me Laugh by Tom Engelhard ( Jul 20, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170719 : On Crapified News And Foreign Policy ( Jul 19, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170717 : This Is The Most Dangerous Time Ever Ex-CIA Boss Says US To Blame For Scourge Without Parallel ISIS ( Nov 23, 2015 , Zero Hedge )
- 20170717 : CIA sought to hack Apple iPhones from earliest days ( Mar 10, 2015 , The Intercept/Reuters )
- 20170716 : William Astore on War as Art and Advertising – Antiwar.com Blog ( Jul 12, 2017 , www.antiwar.com )
- 20170716 : WikiLeaks - Vault 7 Projects ( wikileaks.org )
- 20170716 : https://fdik.org/wikileaks/year0/vault7/cms/page_2621796.html ( Jul 16, 2017 , fdik.org )
- 20170715 : How your phone and fitness band could end up giving evidence against you by Ben Lovejoy ( Feb 24, 2015 , The Guardian )
- 20170714 : Americas War for Global Domination by Michel Chossudovsky ( Dec 15, 2003 , www.informationclearinghouse.info )
- 20170714 : In the wake of the September attacks on the World Trade Center, Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld created to the Office of Strategic Influence (OSI), or "Office of Disinformation" as it was labeled by its critics ( Dec 15, 2003 , www.informationclearinghouse.info )
- 20170712 : The Syrian Test of the Trump-Putin Accord by Ray McGovern ( Jul 10, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170708 : Putin Tries to Avoid a Wider War With the US by Mike Whitney ( Jun 23, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170708 : Absolutization of human rights is a part of american exceptionalism ( Jul 03, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170706 : These hacking claims, or any other claims for that matter is spread by deep state in relations with western media that in turn spread this disinformation to western readers equal money and support for the military-industrial thugs. ( Jul 06, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170705 : War As Foreign Policy by Lois Danks ( Jun 30, 2017 , www.informationclearinghouse.info )
- 20170704 : I Sure Hope That I am Wrong, But by saker ( Jul 04, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170704 : Mourn on the Fourth of July, 2017 ( Jul 04, 2017 , original.antiwar.com )
- 20170704 : Foisting Blame for Cyber-Hacking on Russia by Gareth Porter ( Jul 04, 2017 , original.antiwar.com )
- 20170703 : What Would Putin Tell Trump by Israel Shamir ( Jul 03, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170703 : Corporations fall for the lure of power no less than a political class, and are many times better at it! The idea that "the free market" will check their activities, promoted by Libertarians, is surely as naïve as anything any Marxist ever said. ( Jul 03, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170703 : War for Blair Mountain ( Jul 03, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170703 : boots-on-the-ground report ( Jul 03, 2017 , www.stirjournal.com )
- 20170702 : It would seem that the CIA control of the USA media is complete ( Jul 02, 2017 , www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170701 : Deception Inside Deception The Alleged Sarin Gas Attack by Paul Craig Roberts ( Jun 30, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170630 : The Late Show team shot four or five pieces in Russia -- an explanationwhy the ageing clown Colbert went to Russia ( Jun 30, 2017 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20170624 : Ukraine had ceased to exist as an independent country in 2014, with arrival of Nuland (ziocon) and Brennan (the CIA) ( Jun 24, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170624* The United States and Iran Two Tracks to Establish Hegemony by James Petras ( Jun 10, 2017 , unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20170624* The Criminal Laws of Counterinsurgency by Todd E. Pierce ( Jun 24, 2017 , original.antiwar.com ) [Recommended]
- 20170621 : The CIAs principal house organ, the New York Times, published a lead editorial Sunday on the investigation into alleged Russian meddling in the 2016 US presidential election that is an incendiary and lying exercise in disinformation aimed at whipping up support for war with Russia. ( Jun 21, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170614 : Strange Oversight by Comey tells us a lot by Ray McGovern ( Jun 13, 2017 , original.antiwar.com )
- 20170604 : Europe May Finally Rethink NATO Costs by Ray McGovern ( May 27, 2017 , consortiumnews.com )
- 20170524 : JFK Murder Plot Deathbed Confession Aired On National Radio ( Apr 30, 2007 , www.prisonplanet.com )
- 20170522 : The Russian Obsession Goes Back Decades by Jacob G. Hornberger ( May 20, 2017 , ronpaulinstitute.org )
- 20170521* What Obsessing About Trump Causes Us To Miss by Andrew Bacevich ( May 08, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com ) [Recommended]
- 20170516 : The Real Meaning of Sensitive Intelligence by Philip Giraldi ( May 16, 2017 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20170516 : Trump facing shark tank feeding frenzy from military industrial media ( May 16, 2017 , www.rt.com )
- 20170421 : The Reason Behind The Sales-Surge For Nuclear-Proof Bunkers Zero Hedge ( Apr 15, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170417 : US Attack on Syria Cements Kremlins Embrace of Assad ( Apr 17, 2017 , www.nytimes.com )
- 20170412 : With Bannon and Kushner not getting along, well, it's a slam dunk that Bannon's out. ( www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20170404 : Top Obama Adviser Sought Names of Trump Associates in Intel by Eli Lake ( Apr 04, 2017 , www.bloomberg.com )
- 20170402 : DNI Clapper Statement on Conversation with President-elect Trump ( Jan 11, 2017 , www.dni.gov )
- 20170323 : The FBI did wiretap Trump Tower to monitor Russian activity, but it had nothing to do with the 2016 Presidential election, it has been reported ( Mar 23, 2017 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20170314 : All Roads Lead Back to Brennan (wiretapping of Trump) ( Mar 14, 2017 , freerepublic.com )
- 20170314 : The House intelligence committee says it could resort to subpoenaing the Justice Department if it fails to answer its request for any evidence that President Donald Trump was wiretapped during the election. ( www.apnews.com )
- 20170314 : John Brennan, Obama and the Central Intelligence Agency ( Jan 06, 2017 , www.pipelinenews.org )
- 20170310 : CIA Leak Shows Sliding Down the Slippery Slope Toward Totalitarianism, Where Private Lives Do Not Exist ( Mar 10, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170306 : The shadow of JFK assassination: is the US Intelligence community trying to depose Trump ? ( Feb 20, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170225 : The Conflictual Relationship Between Donald Trump And The US Deep State - Part 1 Zero Hedge ( Feb 25, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170221 : Stockman Warns Trump Flynns Gone But They are Still Gunning For You, Donald by David Stockman ( Feb 21, 2017 , www.zerohedge.com )
- 20170204 : A color revolution is under way in the United States ( Feb 04, 2017 , www.unz.com )
- 20170122 : CIA to be a single organization. It is more like a loose association, conglomerate of several feuding groups each with its own agenda and political goals, which drive the US foreign policy ( Jan 22, 2017 , economistsview.typepad.com )
- 20170121 : The most dangerous moment in the US-Russia relations ( Jan 21, 2017 , failedevolution.blogspot.gr )
- 20170121 : http://cepr.net/blogs/beat-the-press/nyt-says-davos-elite-are-concerned-because-public-doesn-t-buy-their-lies-anymore ( Jan 21, 2017 , cepr.net )
- 20170121 : For the first time in the lives of just about all of you we are all less likely to see the most powerful nation on earth overthrow another government in the Middle East. ( Jan 21, 2017 , crookedtimber.org )
- 20170121 : NYT Says Davos Elite Are Concerned Because Public Doesn't Buy Their Lies Anymore ( Jan 20, 2017 , cepr.net )
- 20170101* The myth of pro-Israeli groups defining the US foreign policy ( Sep 19, 2017 , www.unz.com ) [Recommended]
- 20170101 : National Security State Bulletin, 2016 ( softpanorama.org, Jan 01, 2017 )
- 20161230 : The Coup against Trump and His Military ( Dec 28, 2016 , www.unz.com )
- 20161121 : Chuck Baldwin -- Trump Supporters Must Not Go To Sleep ( Nov 17, 2016 , www.newswithviews.com )
- 20161120 : Most individuals Trump is considering for his administration, including those already picked have a deep-seated obsession with Iran. This is very troubling. ( www.moonofalabama.org )
- 20161119 : Trump and the Neoconservatives by Jon Basil Utley ( Nov 13, 2016 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20161118 : I gather our President lectured our President Elect on the necessity to stand up to Russia. ( Nov 18, 2016 , www.nakedcapitalism.com )
- 20161115 : Over half of Ukraines population lives below poverty level ( Nov 15, 2016 , eadaily.com )
- 20161030 : Anatol Lieven reviews 'The New American Militarism' by Andrew Bacevich ( Oct 20, 2005 , LRB )
- 20161012* NSA whistleblower says DNC hack was not done by Russia, but by US intelligence ( Oct 12, 2016 , theduran.com ) [Recommended]
- 20161009 : Ukraine Is Going to Be a Big Problem for the Next U.S. President by Mark Pfeifle ( foreignpolicy.com )
- 20160914 : Noam Chomsky WikiLeaks Cables Reveal Profound Hatred for Democracy on the Part of Our Political Leadership, Noam Chomsky interviewed by Amy Goodman ( www.chomsky.info )
- 20160904 : Our Warped Debates About War by Daniel Larison ( Sep 04, 2016 , www.theamericanconservative.com )
- 20160213 : US intelligence chief: we might use the internet of things to spy on you ( www.theguardian.com )
- 20160109* Allen Dulles and modern neocons ( www.moonofalabama.org ) [Recommended]
- 20150530 : Rand Paul declares surveillance war and hints at filibuster for NSA reform ( May 29, 2015 , The Guardian )
- 20150527 : Ukraine is now problem for both Russian and West, but West managed to score several points against Russia and do it relatively cheaply ( May 26, 2015 , marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20150523 : Ukraines Bloody Civil War No End in Sight ( Mar 31, 2015 , The National Interest )
- 20150510 : Obama s Petulant WWII Snub of Russia by Ray McGovern ( May 09, 2015 , antiwar.com )
- 20150501 : There was heroism and cruelty on both sides: the truth behind one of Ukraine s deadliest days by Howard Amos in Odessa ( Apr 30, 2015 , The Guardian )
- 20150404 : The majority of Maidan supporters are experiencing severe impoverishment instead of welfare bonanza from EU they expected ( marknesop.wordpress.com )
- 20150403 : Were not cattle Kiev protesters throw manure at US embassy ( Apr 03, 2015 , offguardian )
- 20150301 : US Pushes For Escalation, Arms Kiev By Laundering Weapons Through Abu Dhabi ( Mar 01, 2015 , moonofalabama.org )
- 20080818 : McCain's Mob Connections by Michael Collins Piper ( Aug 18, 2008 , www.americanfreepress.net )
- 20041116 : Spy vs. Spy - The spooks play the press by Jack Shafer ( Nov 16, 2004 , slate.com )
The subtitle of this effusively admiring biography of Zbigniew Brzezinski, America's Grand Strategist, does not reflect its
true purpose. A more accurate one might be this: "Just as Smart as the Other Guy." The other guy, of course, is Henry Kissinger. The
implicit purpose of Justin Vaïsse's book is to argue that in his mastery of strategic thought and practice, Brzezinski ranks as Kissinger's
"... That Brzezinski, who died last year at age 89, lived a life that deserves to be recounted and appraised is certainly the case. Born in Warsaw in 1928 to parents with ties to Polish nobility, Brzezinski had a peripatetic childhood. ..."
"... After graduating from McGill, Brzezinski set his sights on Harvard, which at the time was the very archetype of a "Cold War university." Senior faculty and young scholars on the make were volunteering to advise the national-security apparatus just then forming in Washington. For many of them, the Soviet threat appeared to eclipse all other questions and fields of inquiry. In this setting, Brzezinski flourished. Even before becoming an American citizen, he was thoroughly Americanized, imbued with the mind-set that prevailed in circles where members of the power elite mixed and mingled. Partially funded by the CIA, the Russian Research Center, Brzezinski's home at Harvard, was one of those places. ..."
"... From his time in Cambridge, he emerged committed, in his own words, to "nothing less than formulating a coherent strategy for the United States, so that we could eventually dismantle the Soviet bloc" and, not so incidentally, thereby liberate Poland. To this cause, the young Brzezinski devoted himself with single-minded energy. ..."
"... Convinced that the Soviet Union and the Soviet bloc were internally fragile, he believed that economic and cultural interaction with the West would ultimately lead to their collapse. The idea was to project strength without provoking confrontation, while patiently exerting indirect influence. ..."
"... This limited academic influence probably did not bother Zbig; he never saw himself as a mere scholar. He was a classic in-and-outer, rotating effortlessly from university campuses to political campaigns, and from government service to plummy think-tank billets. According to Vaïsse, Brzezinski never courted the media. Even so, he demonstrated a pronounced talent for getting himself in front of TV cameras, becoming a frequent guest on programs like Meet the ..."
"... Toward the end of his life, Brzezinski even had a Twitter account. His last tweet, from May 2017, both summarizes the essence of his worldview and expresses his dismay regarding the presidency of Donald Trump: "Sophisticated US leadership is the sine qua non of a stable world order. However, we lack the former while the latter is getting worse." ..."
"... Although not an ideologue, Brzezinski was a liberal Democrat of a consistently hawkish persuasion. Committed to social justice at home, he was also committed to toughness abroad. In the 1960s, he supported US intervention in Vietnam, treated the domino theory as self-evidently true, and argued that, with American credibility on the line, the United States had no alternative but to continue prosecuting the war. Even after the war ended, Vaïsse writes, Brzezinski "did not view Vietnam as a mistake." ..."
"... Yet Vietnam did nudge Brzezinski to reconsider some of his own assumptions. In the early 1970s, with an eye toward forging a new foreign policy that might take into account some of the trauma caused by Vietnam, he organized the Trilateral Commission. Apart from expending copious amounts of Rockefeller money, the organization produced little of substance. For Brzezinski, however, it proved a smashing success. It was there that he became acquainted with Jimmy Carter, a Georgia governor then contemplating a run for the presidency in 1976. ..."
"... When Carter won, he rewarded Brzezinski by appointing him national-security adviser, the job that had vaulted Kissinger to the upper ranks of global celebrity. ..."
"... Because of Brzezinski's limited influence on foreign policy after Carter, Vaïsse's case for installing him in the pantheon of master strategists therefore rests on the claim that on matters related to foreign policy, the Carter presidency was something less than a bust. Vaïsse devotes the core of his book to arguing just that. Although valiant, the effort falls well short of success. ..."
"... From the outset of his administration, Carter accorded his national-security adviser remarkable deference. Brzezinski was not co-equal with the president; yet neither was he a mere subordinate. He was, Vaïsse writes, "the architect of Carter's foreign policy," while also exercising "an exceptional degree of control" over its articulation and implementation. ..."
"... The disintegration of the Soviet bloc and eventually of the Soviet Union itself was, in his view, a nominal goal of American foreign policy, but not an immediate prospect. ..."
"... The Camp David accords did nothing to resolve the Palestinian issue that underlay much of Israeli-Arab enmity; it produced a dead-end peace that left Palestinians without a state and Israel with no end of problems. And the Brzezinski-engineered embrace of China, enhancing Chinese access to American technology and markets, accelerated that country's emergence as a peer competitor. ..."
Zbigniew Brzezinski: America's Grand Strategist By Justin Vaïsse; Catherine Porter, trans.
Buy this book
Underlying that purpose are at least two implicit assumptions. The first is that, when it comes to statecraft, grand strategy
actually exists, not simply as an aspiration but as a discrete and identifiable element. The second is that, in his writings and
contributions to US policy, Kissinger himself qualifies as a strategic virtuoso. For all sorts of reasons, we should treat both of
these assumptions with considerable skepticism.
That Brzezinski, who died last year at age 89, lived a life that deserves to be recounted and appraised is certainly the case.
Born in Warsaw in 1928 to parents with ties to Polish nobility, Brzezinski had a peripatetic childhood. His father was a diplomat
whose family accompanied him on postings to France, Germany, and eventually to Canada. The Nazi invasion of 1939, which extinguished
Polish independence, also effectively ended his father's diplomatic career. With war engulfing nearly all of Europe, Brzezinski would
not set foot on Polish soil again for nearly two decades.
Although the young Brzezinski quickly adapted to life in Canada, the well-being of Poles and Poland remained an abiding preoccupation.
After the war, he studied economics and political science at McGill University, focusing in particular on the Soviet Union, which
by then had replaced Germany as the power that dominated the country of his birth. Brzezinski was a brilliant student with a particular
interest in international affairs, a field increasingly centered on questions related to America's role in presiding over the postwar
After graduating from McGill, Brzezinski set his sights on Harvard, which at the time was the very archetype of a "Cold War university."
Senior faculty and young scholars on the make were volunteering to advise the national-security apparatus just then forming in Washington.
For many of them, the Soviet threat appeared to eclipse all other questions and fields of inquiry. In this setting, Brzezinski flourished.
Even before becoming an American citizen, he was thoroughly Americanized, imbued with the mind-set that prevailed in circles where
members of the power elite mixed and mingled. Partially funded by the CIA, the Russian Research Center, Brzezinski's home at Harvard,
was one of those places.
From his time in Cambridge, he emerged committed, in his own words, to "nothing less than formulating a coherent strategy for
the United States, so that we could eventually dismantle the Soviet bloc" and, not so incidentally, thereby liberate Poland. To this
cause, the young Brzezinski devoted himself with single-minded energy.
A s a scholar and author of works intended for a general audience, Zbig, as he was widely known, was nothing if not prolific.
Churning out a steady stream of well-regarded books and essays, he demonstrated a particular knack for "summarizing things in a concise
and striking way."
Clarity took precedence over nuance.
And with his gift for stylish packaging -- crafting neologisms ("technetronic")
and high-sounding phrases ("Histrionics as History in Transition") -- his analyses had the appearance of novelty, even if they often
lacked real substance.
Whether writing for his fellow scholars or addressing a wider audience, Brzezinski had one big idea when it
came to Cold War strategy: He promoted the concept of "peaceful engagement" as a basis for US policy.
Convinced that the Soviet Union
and the Soviet bloc were internally fragile, he believed that economic and cultural interaction with the West would ultimately lead
to their collapse. The idea was to project strength without provoking confrontation, while patiently exerting indirect influence.
Yet little of the Brzezinski oeuvre has stood the test of time. The American canon of essential readings in international relations
and strategy, beginning with George Washington's farewell address and continuing on through works by John Quincy Adams, Alfred Thayer
Mahan, Hans Morgenthau, and a handful of others (the list is not especially long), does not include anything penned by Brzezinski.
Although Vaïsse, a senior official with the French foreign ministry, appears to have read and pondered just about every word his
subject wrote or uttered, he identifies nothing of Brzezinski's that qualifies as must-reading for today's aspiring strategist.
This limited academic influence probably did not bother Zbig; he never saw himself as a mere scholar. He was a classic in-and-outer,
rotating effortlessly from university campuses to political campaigns, and from government service to plummy think-tank billets.
According to Vaïsse, Brzezinski never courted the media. Even so, he demonstrated a pronounced talent for getting himself in front
of TV cameras, becoming a frequent guest on programs like Meet the Press . He knew how to self-promote.
Toward the end of his life, Brzezinski even had a Twitter account. His last tweet, from May 2017, both summarizes the essence
of his worldview and expresses his dismay regarding the presidency of Donald Trump: "Sophisticated US leadership is the sine qua
non of a stable world order. However, we lack the former while the latter is getting worse."
F rom the time Brzezinski left Harvard in 1960 to accept a tenured position at Columbia, he made it his mission to nurture and
facilitate that sophistication. For Zbig, New York offered a specific advantage over Cambridge: It provided a portal into elite political
circles. As it had for Kissinger, the then-still-influential Council on Foreign Relations provided a venue that enabled Brzezinski
to curry favor with the rich and powerful, and to establish his bona fides as a statesman to watch. Henry's patron was Nelson Rockefeller;
Zbig's was Nelson's brother David.
Although not an ideologue, Brzezinski was a liberal Democrat of a consistently hawkish persuasion. Committed to social justice
at home, he was also committed to toughness abroad. In the 1960s, he supported US intervention in Vietnam, treated the domino theory
as self-evidently true, and argued that, with American credibility on the line, the United States had no alternative but to continue
prosecuting the war. Even after the war ended, Vaïsse writes, Brzezinski "did not view Vietnam as a mistake."
Yet Vietnam did nudge Brzezinski to reconsider some of his own assumptions. In the early 1970s, with an eye toward forging a new
foreign policy that might take into account some of the trauma caused by Vietnam, he organized the Trilateral Commission. Apart from
expending copious amounts of Rockefeller money, the organization produced little of substance. For Brzezinski, however, it proved
a smashing success. It was there that he became acquainted with Jimmy Carter, a Georgia governor then contemplating a run for the
presidency in 1976.
Zbig and Jimmy hit it off. Soon enough, Brzezinski signed on as the candidate's principal foreign-policy adviser. When Carter
won, he rewarded Brzezinski by appointing him national-security adviser, the job that had vaulted Kissinger to the upper ranks of
Zbig held this post throughout Carter's one-term presidency, from 1977 to 1981. It would be his first and last time in government.
After 1981, Brzezinski went back to writing, continued to opine, and was occasionally consulted by Carter's successors, both Democratic
and Republican. Yet despite having ascended to the rank of elder statesman, never again did Brzezinski occupy a position where he
could directly affect US policy.
Because of Brzezinski's limited influence on foreign policy after Carter, Vaïsse's case for installing him in the pantheon of
master strategists therefore rests on the claim that on matters related to foreign policy, the Carter presidency was something less
than a bust. Vaïsse devotes the core of his book to arguing just that. Although valiant, the effort falls well short of success.
From the outset of his administration, Carter accorded his national-security adviser remarkable deference. Brzezinski was not
co-equal with the president; yet neither was he a mere subordinate. He was, Vaïsse writes, "the architect of Carter's foreign policy,"
while also exercising "an exceptional degree of control" over its articulation and implementation.
In a characteristic display of self-assurance and bureaucratic shrewdness, as the new president took office, Brzezinski gave him
a 43-page briefing book prescribing basic administration policy. Under the overarching theme of "constructive global engagement,"
Brzezinski identified 10 specific goals. The first proposed to "create more active and solid cooperation with Europe and Japan,"
the 10th to "maintain a defense posture designed to dissuade the Soviet Union from committing hostile acts." In between were less-than-modest
aspirations to promote human rights, reduce the size of nuclear arsenals, curb international arms sales, end apartheid in South Africa,
normalize Sino-American relations, terminate US control of the Panama Canal, and achieve an "overall solution to the Israeli-Palestinian
While Brzezinski's agenda was as bold as it was comprehensive, it nonetheless hewed to the Soviet-centric assumptions that had
formed the basis of US policy since the end of World War II. Zbig recognized that the world had changed considerably in the ensuing
years, but he also believed that any future changes would still occur in the context of a continuing Soviet-American rivalry. His
strategic perspective, therefore, did not include the possibility that the international order might center on something other than
the binaries imposed by the Cold War. The disintegration of the Soviet bloc and eventually of the Soviet Union itself was, in his
view, a nominal goal of American foreign policy, but not an immediate prospect.
Using Brzezinski's 10 policy objectives as a basis for evaluating his performance, Vaïsse gives the national-security adviser
high marks. "Few administrations have known so many tangible successes in only four years," he writes, citing the Panama Canal Treaty,
the Israeli-Egyptian peace agreement, and improved relations with China. Yet while Panama remains an underappreciated achievement,
the other two qualify as ambiguous at best. The Camp David accords did nothing to resolve the Palestinian issue that underlay much
of Israeli-Arab enmity; it produced a dead-end peace that left Palestinians without a state and Israel with no end of problems. And
the Brzezinski-engineered embrace of China, enhancing Chinese access to American technology and markets, accelerated that country's
emergence as a peer competitor.
More troubling still was Brzezinski's failure to anticipate or to grasp the implications of the two developments that all but
doomed the Carter presidency: the 1978 Iranian Revolution and the 1979 Soviet intervention in Afghanistan. Vaïsse does his best to
cast a positive light on Brzezinski's role in these twin embarrassments. But there's no way around it: Brzezinski misread both --
with consequences that still haunt us today.
The Iranian Revolution, which Brzezinski sought to forestall by instigating a military coup in Tehran, offered a warning against
imagining that Washington could shape events in the Islamic world. Brzezinski missed that warning entirely, although he would by
no means be the last US official to do so. As for the Kremlin's plunge into Afghanistan, widely interpreted as evidence of the Soviet
Union's naked aggression, it actually testified to the weakness and fragility of the Soviet empire, already in an advanced state
of decay. Again, Brzezinski -- along with many other observers -- misread the issue. When clarity of vision was most needed, he failed
to provide it.
Together, these two developments ought to have induced a wily strategist to reassess the premises of US policy. Instead, they
resulted in decisions to deepen -- and to overtly militarize -- US involvement in and around the Persian Gulf. While this commitment
is commonly referred to as the Carter Doctrine, Vaïsse insists that it "was really a Brzezinski doctrine."
Regardless of who gets the credit, the militarization of US policy across what Brzezinski termed an "arc of crisis" encompassing
much of the Islamic world laid the basis for a series of wars and upheavals that continue to this day. If, as national-security adviser,
Brzezinski wielded as much influence as Vaïsse contends, then this too forms part of his legacy. When it mattered most, the master
strategist failed to understand the implications of the crisis that occurred on his watch.
The most glaring problem anyone faces in trying to assert Brzezinski's mastery of world affairs, however, rests not in Iran or
Afghanistan, but in how the Cold War came to an end. Indeed, Brzezinski viewed it as essentially endless. As late as 1987, just two
years before the fall of the Berlin Wall, he was still insisting that "the American-Soviet conflict is an historical rivalry that
will endure for as long as we live."
B rzezinski was certainly smart, flexible, and pragmatic, but he was also a prisoner of the Cold War paradigm. So too were virtually
all other members of the foreign-policy establishment of his day. Indeed, subscribing to that paradigm was a prerequisite of membership.
Yet this adherence amounted to donning a pair of strategic blinders: It meant seeing only those things that it was convenient to
Which brings us back to Zbig's last tweet, with its paean to American leadership as the sine qua non of global stability. The
tweet neatly captures the mind-set that the foreign-policy establishment has embraced with something like unanimity since the Cold
War surprised that establishment by coming to an end. This mind-set gets expressed in myriad ways in a thousand speeches and op-eds:
The United States must lead. There is no alternative; history itself summons the country to do so. Should it fail in that responsibility,
darkness will cover the earth.
This is why Trump so infuriates the foreign-policy elite: He appears oblivious to the providential call that others in Washington
take to be self-evident. Yet adhering to this post–Cold War paradigm is also the equivalent of donning blinders. Whatever the issue
-- especially when the issue is ourselves -- it means seeing only those things that we find it convenient to see.
The post–Cold War paradigm of American moral and political hegemony prevents us from appreciating the way that the world is actually
changing -- rapidly, radically, and right before our very eyes. Today, with the planet continuing to heat up, the nexus of global
geopolitics shifting eastward, and Americans pondering security threats for which our pricey and far-flung military establishment
is all but useless, the art of strategy as practiced by members of Brzezinski's generation has become irrelevant. So too has Zbig
"... Because once we go from "corruption is getting more and more common; something must be done" to "meh," we are crossing from a flawed democratic republic to outright tyranny and oligarchy with little way back. ..."
"... Why would anyone expect anything different from the Times, or any major U.S. Newspaper or media outlet? They are organs of the intelligence community and have been for many years. ..."
"... I think the ridiculous and pathetic explanations by NYT in this case are, in part, due to the fact that they simply don't care enough to produce better answers. In their view, these CIA connections and those with other Govt. agencies are paramount, and must be maintained at all costs. ..."
"... It is likely that the relationship is a little more formal than mere collusion ..."
"... "Democracy substitutes election by the incompetent many for appointment by the corrupt few" [George Bernard Shaw" ..."
"... Has been since Judith Miller told us there were WMD in Iraq in 2003. They don't plan anticipations of crises, but the actual crises themselves. In a moral world, the NYT is as guilty of genocide as Bush and Blair. ..."
29 Aug 2012 15:49
Good article. I especially like this:
29 Aug 2012 15:48
The more important objection is that the fact that a certain behavior is common does not negate its being corrupt. Indeed,
as is true for government abuses generally, those in power rely on the willingness of citizens to be trained to view corrupt
acts as so common that they become inured, numb, to its wrongfulness. Once a corrupt practice is sufficiently perceived as
commonplace, then it is transformed in people's minds from something objectionable into something acceptable.
Because once we go from "corruption is getting more and more common; something must be done" to "meh," we are crossing
from a flawed democratic republic to outright tyranny and oligarchy with little way back.
Besides, they don't all do it ... there are honorable reporters out there, some few of whom work for the Times and the Post.
Another great article Glenn. The Guardian will spread your words further and wider. Salon's loss is the world's gain.
29 Aug 2012 15:40
Why would anyone expect anything different from the Times, or any major U.S. Newspaper or media outlet? They are organs
of the intelligence community and have been for many years. That these email were allowed to get out under FOIA is indicative
of the fact that there are some people on the inside who would like to get the truth out. Either that, or the head of some ES-2's
Assistant Deputy for Secret Shenanigans and Heinous Drone Murders will roll.
Glenn - Any comments on the
recently disclosed emails
between the CIA and Kathryn Bigelow?
29 Aug 2012 15:32
Scott Horton quote on closely related Mazzetti reporting (in this case regarding misleading reporting on how important CIA/Bush
torture was in tracking down and getting bin Laden, the focus of this movie):
29 Aug 2012 15:29
"I'm quite sure that this is precisely the way the folks who provided this info from the agency [to Mazzetti] wanted them to
be understood, but there is certainly more than a measure of ambiguity in them, planted with care by the NYT writers or their
editors. This episode shows again how easily the Times can be spun by unnamed government sources, the factual premises of whose
statements invariably escape any examination."
I think the ridiculous and pathetic explanations by NYT in this case are, in part, due to the fact that they simply don't
care enough to produce better answers. In their view, these CIA connections and those with other Govt. agencies are paramount,
and must be maintained at all costs.
If you don't like their paper-thin answers, tough. In their view (imo) this will blow over and business will resume, with the
all-important friends and connections intact. Thus leaving the machinery intact for future uncritical, biased and manipulative
"spin" of NYT by any number of unnamed govt. sources/agencies...
29 Aug 2012 15:27
In what conceivable way is Mazzetti's collusion with the CIA an "intelligence matter" that prevents the NYT's managing
editor from explaining what happened here?
That one is easy, as we learned in the Valerie Plame affair. It is likely that the relationship is a little more formal
than mere collusion.
Just another step down the ladder towards despotism. "Democracy substitutes election by the incompetent many for appointment
by the corrupt few" [George Bernard Shaw"
29 Aug 2012 15:13
The relationship between the New York Times and the US government is, as usual, anything but adversarial. Indeed, these
emails read like the interactions between a PR representative and his client as they plan in anticipation of a possible crisis.
Has been since Judith Miller told us there were WMD in Iraq in 2003. They don't plan anticipations of crises, but the actual
crises themselves. In a moral world, the NYT is as guilty of genocide as Bush and Blair.
The humor seems to go completely out of the issue when 100,000 people are dead and their families and futures changed forever.
Like I said, in a moral world....
"... Having said that, still worrying that the CIA devotes time to finding out what Maureen Dowd might write! ..."
"... It is true that Mazzetti's emails with the CIA do not shock or surprise in the slightest. But that's the point. With some noble journalistic exceptions (at the NYT and elsewhere), these emails reflect the standard full-scale cooperation – a virtual merger – between our the government and the establishment media outlets that claim to act as "watchdogs" over them." ..."
"... A few years ago the New York Times reported that there had been a successful coup in Venezuela - toppling Chavez. The story turned out to be inaccurate. The NY Times finally revealed their source - US State Dept... who were using NYT to give critical mass and support to their dream end to a thorn in their side. ..."
"... The New York Times-all the news the CIA decided is fit to print. ..."
Pouzar99 , 29 Aug 2012 17:36
Great column. The NYT does do some good things, such as give us Paul Krugman three times a
week, some important reporting and articulate editorial opposition to the republican
nightmare, but they are much, much too close to the government, as evidenced by their asking
for permission to print news the White House disapproves of.Burgsmueller -> Fulton ,
They are also devoted to denying their readers an accurate picture of American foreign
policy. I frequently comment on threads there and my contributions nearly always get posted,
except when I use the word empire. I have never succeeded in getting that word onto their
website , nor have I seen it make it into anyone else's comment. It is like the famous
episode of Fawlty Towers. "Don't mention the empire.'' Stories and commentaries sometimes
describe specific aspects of US policy in negative terms, but connecting the dots is
Bill Keller is like a character from The Wire. The perfect example of the kind of
authority-revering careerist that butt-kisses his way to the top in institutions.
Shouldn't it be a bigger surprise that the CIA still needs to ask someone connected to find
out what somebody else wrote on any electronic device?
Fulton , 29 Aug 2012 17:16
In related news:
JoeFromBrooklyn -> worldcurious ,
most of the story seems to come down to the usual kind of thing we see from Judicial
Watch - manufactured outrage over almost nothing
I think part of the outrage here is the extent to which it's almost hard to muster the
energy because it's become so much the norm for the NYTimes to be in bed with whoever is in
power in Washington at any given time. It's the sort of thing that should be "they did
what!!!!?" but instead it's "yeah, well, Judith Miller, Wen Ho Lee, etcetc ... >long
drawn-out sigh<." So, perhaps there is some manufacturing of outrage, but not unreasonably
so if you take a step back and look at what's going on.
Having said that, still worrying that the CIA devotes time to finding out what Maureen
Dowd might write!
Learn to read. From the column:
gunnison , 29 Aug 2012 17:05
"This cynicism – oh, don't be naive: this is done all the time – is precisely
what enables such destructive behavior to thrive unchallenged.
It is true that Mazzetti's emails with the CIA do not shock or surprise in the slightest.
But that's the point. With some noble journalistic exceptions (at the NYT and elsewhere),
these emails reflect the standard full-scale cooperation – a virtual merger –
between our the government and the establishment media outlets that claim to act as
"watchdogs" over them."
Anotherevertonian , 29 Aug 2012
Once a corrupt practice is sufficiently perceived as commonplace, then it is transformed
in people's minds from something objectionable into something acceptable. Indeed, many
people believe it demonstrates their worldly sophistication to express indifference toward
bad behavior by powerful actors on the ground that it is so prevalent. This cynicism
– oh, don't be naive: this is done all the time – is precisely what enables
such destructive behavior to thrive unchallenged.
This is extremely important, and manifestly true. One runs into such people all the
I haven't read any comments yet, but it would not surprise me to find some of them already
Even worse, I've done it myself on occasion, most recently just the other day on a Cif
thread. Though I will say this; this kind of bullshit is not so much "transformed in people's
minds from something objectionable into something acceptable ", as grudgingly
transformed into something unstoppable , but still toxic and objectionable.
That's mighty thin gruel as an alibi, but the reality for a lot of ordinary working people
is they get fucking tired of it, and yes, they do get discouraged, then cynical and hardened
to it all.
That, of course, is part of the plan.
Keep swinging Glenn. This shit matters.
The NYT is as stuffed-full of spook urinals, bottom-feeders and intelligence officers
Montecarlo2 -> jaytingle
Aug 2012 16:42
I'm more shocked than I can feign.
Ahzeld , 29 Aug 2012 16:33
"The optics aren't what they look like."
Is Dean Baquet related to Yogi Berra?
Yogi Berra anticipated this problem: "You can observe a lot by watching".
I'm unaware of a "source" being a person who requests documents from the reporter for doing
damage control on behalf of the boss. (Not that I'd worry about Dowd either.) How exactly is
this secret national intel? I'm glad this came out. We are being manipulated by the govt.
through its minions in the media. The entire incident, from the glorious movie to this
revelation is a fraud.
jaytingle , 29 Aug 2012 16:31
I found this interesting example of media manipulation at nakedcapitalsim.org:
"Pro-marijuana group endorses Obama The Hill. This purported group, which claims 10,000
members, appears to be just one guy with a PO Box and a press list. But don't count on your
average reporter digging deeper than the news release.":
Read more at http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2012/08/links-82812.html#717LX1oL7dfPsb7I.99
The breadth and depth of propagandizing of citizens is astounding. I wonder what it's like
to have so little integrity. What kind of person so readily sells out their fellow citizen
with lies? It's scary because people read these things and they have no idea they are lies.
People are making decisions based on manufactured "facts". It's very difficult to find actual
information and I can tell you from personal experience, Obama supporters cling desperately
to "authorities" like the NYTimes to maintain their belief in the goodness of dear
"The optics aren't what they look like."paperclipper , 29 Aug 2012 16:15
Is Dean Baquet related to Yogi Berra?
This weird big-brother relationship goes both ways.
A few years ago the New York Times reported that there had been a successful coup in
Venezuela - toppling Chavez. The story turned out to be inaccurate.
The NY Times finally revealed their source - US State Dept... who were using NYT to give
critical mass and support to their dream end to a thorn in their side.
brianboru1014 , 29 Aug 2012 16:07
Nice investigative journalism. A couple of years ago the NYTmade a big deal of publicly
firing a low level writer for making up articles from his NY apt when he was supposed to be
in the field. He was hardly the worst of the bunch.
Great article and thankfully I do not trust big newspapers in the USA especially the New York
Times since it has being caught lying about Weapons of Mass Destructions in Iraq to justify
the Iraq War. Judith Millar was the liar then.
Read CounterPunch and smaller publications for the truth.
The NYT is all about selling ads on a Sunday. It really is a corrupt rag.
GlennGreenwald -> MonaHol ,
JinTexas , 29 Aug 2012 16:02
Ooh la-la. Snooty! Can Greenwald survive the devastatingly profound criticisms being
lobbed in his new venue?
Who will be the first commenter to leave the classic devastating critique:
"The author fails to present a balanced view, showing only one side. The author's argument
has no substance and is not really worth anything."
"The New York Times-all the news the CIA decided is fit to print."
JinTexas , 29 Aug 2012 16:00
"the optics aren't what they look like" – is one of the most hilariously incoherent
utterances seen in some time."
AhBrightWings , 29 Aug 2012 15:59
"this didn't come from me and please delete after you read." -- Mazzetti
This could serve as the epitaph for our times. This (Shock and Awe, drones, the Apache
Massacre, Guantanamo, killing children, etc.) didn't come from US (even though it did)
because ...our crimes can be deleted through that magical "we're too big and bad to fail"
See, nothing to worry about.
(Except future historians who will not be blindfolded and gagged and who will
therefore have some choice things to say about the journalists who were fully complicit
in the crimes of this lawless era.)
"... It acknowledges that "police never identified who had hung the banners," but nonetheless goes on to assert that: "The Kremlin, it appeared, had reached onto United States soil in New York and Washington. The banners may well have been intended as visual victory laps for the most effective foreign interference in an American election in history." ..."
"... The authors, Scott Shane and Mark Mazzetti, complain about a lack of "public comprehension" of the "Trump-Russia" story. Indeed, despite the two-year campaign of anti-Russian hysteria whipped up in Washington and among the affluent sections of the upper-middle class that constitute the target audience of the Times ..."
The New York Times published a fraudulent and provocative "special report" Thursday titled "The plot to subvert an election."
Replete with sinister looking graphics portraying Russian President Vladimir Putin as a villainous cyberage cyclops, the report
purports to untangle "the threads of the most effective foreign campaign in history to disrupt and influence an American election."
The report could serve as a textbook example of CIA-directed misinformation posing as "in-depth" journalism. There is no news,
few substantiated facts and no significant analysis presented in the 10,000-word report, which sprawls over 11 ad-free pages of a
separate section produced by the Times.
The article begins with an ominous-sounding recounting of two incidents in which banners were hung from bridges in New York City
and Washington in October and November of 2016, one bearing the likeness of Putin over a Russian flag with the word "peacemaker,"
and the other that of Obama and the slogan "Goodbye Murderer."
It acknowledges that "police never identified who had hung the banners," but nonetheless goes on to assert that: "The Kremlin,
it appeared, had reached onto United States soil in New York and Washington. The banners may well have been intended as visual victory
laps for the most effective foreign interference in an American election in history." The article begins with an ominous-sounding
recounting of two incidents in which banners were hung from bridges in New York City and Washington in October and November of 2016,
one bearing the likeness of Putin over a Russian flag with the word "peacemaker," and the other that of Obama and the slogan "Goodbye
It acknowledges that "police never identified who had hung the banners," but nonetheless goes on to assert that: "The Kremlin,
it appeared, had reached onto United States soil in New York and Washington. The banners may well have been intended as visual victory
laps for the most effective foreign interference in an American election in history."
Why does it "appear" to be the Kremlin? What is the evidence to support this claim? Among the 8.5 million inhabitants of New York
City and another 700,000 in Washington, D.C., aren't there enough people who might despise Obama as much as, if not a good deal more
than, Vladimir Putin?
This absurd passage with its "appeared" and "may well have" combined with the speculation about the Kremlin extending its evil
grip onto "United States soil" sets the tone for the entire piece, which consists of the regurgitation of unsubstantiated allegations
made by the US intelligence agencies, Democratic and Republican capitalist politicians and the Times itself.
The authors, Scott Shane and Mark Mazzetti, complain about a lack of "public comprehension" of the "Trump-Russia" story. Indeed,
despite the two-year campaign of anti-Russian hysteria whipped up in Washington and among the affluent sections of the upper-middle
class that constitute the target audience of the Times , polls have indicated that the charges of Russian "meddling" in
the 2016 presidential election have evoked little popular response among the
"We pledge subservience to the Owners of the United Corporations of America, and to the Oligarchy for which it stands, one Greed
under God, indivisible, with power and wealth for few."
"... bin laden gave terror a face. how conveeeenient for warmongers everywhere! ..."
"... CIA in collusion with mainstream newspaper NYT. And you call this news ? ..."
"... collusion between the us media and the us government goes back much, much further. Chomsky has plenty of stuff about this... ..."
"... The NYTimes has its own agenda and bends the news that's fit to print. Journalistic integrity? LOL. No one beat the war drums louder for Bush's Neocons before the Iraq war. Draining our nation's resources, getting young Americans killed (they didn't come from the 1%, you see). The cradle of civilization that's the Iraqi landscape wiped out. Worst, 655,000 Iraqis lost their lives, said British medical journal Lancet, creating 2.5mn each internal & external refugees. ..."
"... The NYT never dwelled on the numbers of Iraqis killed. Up to a few weeks ago, its emphasis on the current Syrian tragedy is to inform us on the hundreds or thousands who've lost their lives. ..."
"... World financial meltdown? When Sanford Weill of Citi pushed for the repeal of Glass-Steagall late 1990's, the FDR era 17-page law separating commercial from investment banks, a measure that's preserved the nation's banking integrity for over half a century, the Nyt added its megaphone to the task, urging Treasury Secretary Bob Rubin to comply, editorializing In 1988: "Few economic historians now find the logic behind Glass-Steagall persuasive" . In 1990, that "banks and stocks were a dangerous mixture" "makes little sense now." ..."
"... just off the top of my head I recall the editor of one of a British major was an MI5 agent; this is in the public domain. ..."
"... We pledge subservience to the Owners of the United Corporations of America, and to the Oligarchy for which it stands, one Greed under God, indivisible, with power and wealth for few. ..."
"... The NYT has been infiltrated for decades by CIA agents. Just notice their dogged reporting on the completely debunked "lone-gunman" JFK theory---they will always report that Oswald acted alone---this is the standard CIA story, pushed and maintained by the NYT despite overwhelming evidence that there was a conspiracy (likely involving the CIA). ..."
1 Sep 2012 13:02
bin laden gave terror a face. how conveeeenient for warmongers everywhere!
1 Sep 2012 10:40
1 Sep 2012 10:04
I assume we're going to see a NYT expose on the large scale dodgy dealings of the Guardian Unlimited group then?
They could start with the tax dodging hypocrisy first.
1 Sep 2012 07:48
29 August 2012 9:44PM
I've often wondered what you think of the journalism of someone like Seymour Hirsch. (sic) He broke some very important
stories by cozying up to moles in the MIC.
You'e confusing apples with oranges. Hersh seeks information on issues that outrage him. These do not usually include propaganda
for the intelligence agencies, but information they would like to suppress. He's given secret information because he appears to
his informers as someone who has a long record of integrity.
It's straight outta that old joke about the husband being caught by his wife in flagrante delicto with the pretty young lady neighbour,
who then tells his wife that he and his bit on the side weren't doing anything: "And who do you believe-- me, or your lying eyes?"
1 Sep 2012 06:58
New York Times a.k.a. The Langley Newsletter
1 Sep 2012 06:32
CIA in collusion with mainstream newspaper NYT. And you call this news ?
1 Sep 2012 05:46
collusion between the us media and the us government goes back much, much further. Chomsky has plenty of stuff about this...
1 Sep 2012 02:28
The NYTimes has its own agenda and bends the news that's fit to print. Journalistic integrity? LOL. No one beat the
war drums louder for Bush's Neocons before the Iraq war. Draining our nation's resources, getting young Americans killed (they
didn't come from the 1%, you see). The cradle of civilization that's the Iraqi landscape wiped out. Worst, 655,000 Iraqis lost
their lives, said British medical journal Lancet, creating 2.5mn each internal & external refugees.
1 Sep 2012 00:56
Following the pre-Iraq
embellishment, NYT covered up its deeds by sacrificing Journalist Judith Miller. As Miller answered a post-war court case, none
other than Chairman & CEO Arthur Sulzberger jr. locked arms with her as they entered the courtroom.
The NYT never dwelled on the numbers of Iraqis killed. Up to a few weeks ago, its emphasis on the current Syrian tragedy is
to inform us on the hundreds or thousands who've lost their lives.
World financial meltdown? When Sanford Weill of Citi pushed for the repeal of Glass-Steagall late 1990's, the FDR era 17-page
law separating commercial from investment banks, a measure that's preserved the nation's banking integrity for over half a century,
the Nyt added its megaphone to the task, urging Treasury Secretary Bob Rubin to comply, editorializing In 1988: "Few economic
historians now find the logic behind Glass-Steagall persuasive" . In 1990, that "banks and stocks were a dangerous mixture" "makes
little sense now."
NYT, a liberal icon? In year 2000, when I lived in NYC, New York Daily News columnist A.M. Rosenthal used to regularly demonize
China in language surpassing even Rush Limbaugh. I told myself nah, that's not the Rosenthal-former-editor of the NYT. Only when
I read his obituary a few years later did I learn that it was indeed the same one.
Well of course. And just off the top of my head I recall the editor of one of a British major was an MI5 agent; this is in
the public domain.
1 Sep 2012 00:42
We pledge subservience to the Owners of the United Corporations of America, and to the Oligarchy for which it stands, one Greed
under God, indivisible, with power and wealth for few.
31 Aug 2012 21:53
NOAM CHOMSKY _MANUFACTURING CONSENT haven't read it? read it. read it? read it again.
thought totalitarianism and the ruling class died in 1945? think again. thought you wouldn't have to fight like grandpa's generation
to live in a democratic and just society? think again.
You are not the 1 percent.
Would that we could hold these discussions without reference to personal defamations -- "darkened ignorance" and "educate yourself"
which sounds like "f___ yourself". Why can't we just say "I respectfully disagree"? Alas, when discussing political issues with
leftists, that seems impossible. Why the vitriol?
31 Aug 2012 20:15
Greenwald's more lengthy posts make it clear that he believes that people who differ with him are "lying" and basing their
viewpoint upon "a single right wing blogger". He chooses this explanation over the obvious and accurate one -- legal rationales
developed by the Office of Legal Counsel during the Bush administration. The date of Greenwald's archive is February 19, 2006.
Oddly, he bases all of his contentions upon whatever he could glean up to that date. But the legal rationale for warrantless wiretaps
was based upon memos written by John Yoo at the OLC that Greenwald did not have access to in 2006. The memos were not released
until after Obama took office in 2009.
Obama released them in a highly publicized press conference staged for maximum political impact. Greenwald could not possibly
have understood the legal rationale for the program since he had not been privy to them until March 2009 if, indeed, he has bothered
to acquaint himself with them since then. Either way, nobody was "lying" except those who could have understood the full dimension
and willfully chose to hide or ignore the truth. It's not exactly like I am new to this subject as you seem to imply. I wrote
a 700 page book about Obama administration duplicity in this same vein. An entire chapter is devoted to this very topic.
Warrantless wiretaps were undertaken after a legal ruling from OLC. And after Obama took office, warrantless wiretaps were
continued. Obviously since they were based upon OLC rulings, since no prosecutions have ever been suggested and since they have
continued uninterrupted after Obama took office, the Justice Department under both administrations agrees with me and disagrees
with Greenwald. We arrive at this disagreement respectfully. Despite Obama's voluminous denunciations of the Bush anti-terror
approach on the campaign trail, he resurrected nearly every plank of it once he took office.
But this is a subsidiary point to a far larger point that some observers on this discussion to their credit were able to understand.
Despite all of these pointless considerations, the larger point of my original post was that Greenwald missed the "real" story
here, which was that the collusion between NYT and CIA was not due to institutional considerations as Greenwald seems to allege,
but due to purely partisan considerations. That, to me, is the story he missed.
I find that people who are losing debates try to shift the focus to subsidiary points hoping that, like a courtroom lawyer,
if they can refute a small and inconsequential detail raised in testimony, they will undercut the larger truth offered by the
witness. It won't work. Too much is on the record. And neither point, the ankle-biting non-issue about legality of warrantless
wiretaps or the larger, salient point about the overt partisan political dimension of NYT's collusion with a political appointee
at CIA who serves on the Obama reelection committee, has been refuted.
Author, "Change You Can REALLY Believe In: The Obama Legacy of Broken Promises and Failed Policies"
Conspiracy theorists, have been, of course, telling you this for years (given media's motive is profit and not honesty). I suppose
the exact same conspiracy theorists other guardian authors have been too eager to denounce previously?
31 Aug 2012 18:50
31 Aug 2012 18:43
The NSA wiretap program revealed by Risen was not illegal as Greenwald wrongly asserts. As long as one end of the intercepted
conservation originated on foreign soil as it did, it was perfectly legal and required no FISA court authorization.
Mr. Toomey, in 2006 Greenwald
published a compendium of legal arguments defending the Bush Admin's warrantless wiretapping and the (sound) rebuttals of
them. It is exhaustive, and covers your easily dispensed with argument. By way of introduction to his many links to his
aggregated, rigorous analyses of the legal issues, he wrote this:
I didn't just wake up one day and leap to the conclusion that the Administration broke the law deliberately and that there
are no reasonable arguments to defend that law-breaking (as many Bush followers leaped to the conclusion that he did nothing
wrong and then began their hunt to find rationale or advocates to support this conclusion). I arrived at the conclusion that
Bush clearly broke the law only by spending enormous amounts of time researching these issues and reading and responding to
the defenses from the Administration's apologists.
He did spend enormous time dealing with people such as yourself, and all of his work remains available for you to educate
yourself with, at the link provided above.
Maybe you'd like to explain that to Samuel Loring Morison who was convicted and spent years in the federal system for passing
classified information to Janes Defence Weekly. I'm sure he'd be entertained. Larry Franklin would also like to hear it. He's
in prison today for violating the Espionage Act.
31 Aug 2012 12:39
Courts have recognized no press privilege exists when publishing classified data. In 1971, the Supreme Court vacated a prior
restraint against NYT and The Washington Post allowing them to publish the Pentagon Papers. But the court also observed that prosecutions
after-the-fact would be permissible and not involve an abridgement of the free speech clause. It was only the prior restraint
that gave the justices heartburn. They had no issue with throwing them in the slammer after the deed was done.
Thomas Drake, a former NSA official, was indicted and convicted after revealing information to reporters in 2010. The statute
covers mere possession which even NYT recognized could cover reporters as well. There have been numerous other instances of arrests,
indictments and prosecutions for disclosure to reporters. It's only been due to political calculations and not constitutional
limitations that have kept Risen and others out of prison.
Manufacturing Consent: The political economy of mass media by Noam Chomsky can perhaps explain most of the media behaviour.
31 Aug 2012 12:26
The NYT has been infiltrated for decades by CIA agents. Just notice their dogged reporting on the completely debunked "lone-gunman"
JFK theory---they will always report that Oswald acted alone---this is the standard CIA story, pushed and maintained by the NYT
despite overwhelming evidence that there was a conspiracy (likely involving the CIA).
31 Aug 2012 10:54
What outrages me the most is the NYT's condescending attitude towards its readers when caught in this obvious breach of journalistic
31 Aug 2012 10:28
Both Baquet and Abramson, rather than showing some humility or contrition, are acting as if nothing bad has happened, and that
we are stupid to even talk about this.
31 Aug 2012 10:10
This article misses the elephant in the room. Namely, that the NYT only plays footsies with Democrats in positions of power.
With the 'Pubs, it's open season.
Not true. There are many examples of the NYT colluding with the Bush administration, some of which Glenn has mentioned in this
article. Take, for example, the fact that the NYT concealed Bush's wire-tapping program for almost a year, at the request of the
White House, and didn't release details until after Bush's re-election.
" The optics aren't what they look like " This phrase brings to mind the old Dem catch phrase " Who you gonna believe me or your
lying eyes? " .
They are not only presstitutes, they are degenerative presstitutes...
"... I love how the NYT mentions how no public evidence has emerged, to skirt around the fact that if there were internal evidence (from some gov agency or private citizen) it would've leaked by now. There is no such thing as evidence which hasn't been leaked in an alleged scandal of this size. ..."
"... Further, the corporate news media gave Trump something like $2 billion dollars worth of advertising in free airtime. That's a much larger impact -- around 20 times Clinton's campaign costs IIRC -- than any alleged hacked e-mails (though the e-mails were leaked not hacked, and that played a role. As well as the FBI's investigation into Clinton's illegal email server which was public fact at the time) or social media interference. ..."
"... Banks, defense contractors and oil companies decide who the President is and what their Cabinet will look like (see Obama's leaked CitiBank memo "recommending" executives to his 2009 Cabinet). Russians and the American people do not. ..."
"... John Pilger's essay: Hold the Front Page, the Reporters are Missing appropriately describes this BigLie media item b dissected, while also observing, "Although journalism was always a loose extension of establishment power, something has changed in recent years," prior to providing Why this is so. ..."
"... but a journalism self-anointed with a false respectability: a liberal journalism that claims to challenge corrupt state power but, in reality, courts and protects it, and colludes with it. ..."
"... The amorality of the years of Tony Blair, whom the Guardian has failed to rehabilitate, is its echo. [My emphasis] ..."
"... on journalism and it being usurped by social media behemoths google, facebook, twitter and etc - i found this cbc radio) interview last night worth recommending.. ..."
"... That New York Times piece was amazing. Belief anything the US Gov't/anti-Russian lobby and other nut cases tell you, unquestioningly. Investigative journalism at its best! ..."
"... Accept the most stupid evidence with blinking an eye. Even if one believes the collusion argument, try to be a bit critical. And always believe that a GRU hacker will put Felix Dzerzinnsky's name in their program. For heaven's sake he was Cheka, the forerunner of the KGB, not the GRU which was military intelligence. ..."
daffyDuct , Sep 20, 2018 8:21:06 PM |
Woodward, "Fear" pg 82-85
"After the security briefing and everyone cleared out, McCabe shut the door to
Priebus's office. This is very weird, thought Priebus, who was standing by his
"You know this story in The New York Times?" Priebus knew it all too well.
McCabe was referring to a recent Times story of February 14 that stated, "Phone records
and intercepted calls show that members of Donald J. Trump's 2016
presidential campaign and other Trump associates had repeated contacts with
senior Russian intelligence officials in the year before the elections, according to four
current and former American officials."
The story was one of the first bombs to go off about alleged Trump-Russian
connections after Flynn's resignation.
"It's total bullshit," McCabe said. "It's not true, and we want you to know
that. It's grossly overstated."
Oh my God, thought Priebus.
"Andrew," he said to the FBI deputy, "I'm getting killed."
The story about Russia and election meddling seemed to be running 24/7 on
cable news, driving Trump bananas and therefore driving Priebus bananas.
"This is crazy," Trump had told Priebus. "We've got to stop it. We need to
end the story."
McCabe had just walked in with a big gift, a Valentine's Day present. I'm
going to be the hero of this entire West Wing, Priebus thought.
"Can you help me?" Priebus asked. "Could this knockdown of the story be
"Call me in a couple of hours," McCabe said. "I will ask around and I'll let
you know. I'll see what I can do."
Priebus practically ran to report to Trump the good news that the FBI would
soon be shooting down the Times story
Two hours passed and no call from McCabe. Priebus called him."I'm sorry, I can't," McCabe
"There's nothing I can do about it. I tried, but if we start issuing comments on individual
stories, we'll be doing statements
every three days." The FBI could not become a clearinghouse for the accuracy of news stories.
If the FBI tried to debunk certain stories, a failure to comment could be seen as a
"Andrew, you're the one that came to my office to tell me this is a BS story,
and now you're telling me there's nothing you can do?"
McCabe said that was his position.
"This is insanity," Priebus said. "What am I supposed to do? Just suffer, bleed out?"
"Give me a couple more hours."
Nothing happened. No call from the FBI. Priebus tried to explain to Trump,
who was waiting for a recanting. It was another reason for Trump to distrust and
hate the FBI, a pernicious tease that left them dangling.
About a week later on February 24 CNN reported an exclusive: "FBI Refused
White House Request to Knock Down Recent Trump-Russia Story." Priebus
was cast as trying to manipulate the FBI for political purposes.
The White House tried and failed to correct the story and show that McCabe
had initiated the matter.
Four months later on June 8, Comey testified under oath publicly that the
original New York Times story on the Trump campaign aides' contacts with
senior Russian intelligence officials "in the main was not true."
BM , Sep 21, 2018 8:38:36 AM |
The Mueller Hoax is unraveling.David , Sep 20, 2018 4:37:34 PM |
Posted by: Sid2 | Sep 20, 2018 3:03:44 PM | 3
The Mueller Hoax is unraveling, and concommittently the NYT is digging in; ergo ,
the NYT is also unravelling! The NYT will permanently damage its reputation with its own
I love how the NYT mentions how no public evidence has emerged, to skirt around the
fact that if there were internal evidence (from some gov agency or private citizen) it
would've leaked by now. There is no such thing as evidence which hasn't been leaked in
an alleged scandal of this size.
karlof1 , Sep 20, 2018 4:40:58 PM |
Further, the corporate news media gave Trump something like $2 billion dollars worth of
advertising in free airtime. That's a much larger impact -- around 20 times Clinton's
campaign costs IIRC -- than any alleged hacked e-mails (though the e-mails were leaked
not hacked, and that played a role. As well as the FBI's investigation into Clinton's illegal
email server which was public fact at the time) or social media interference.
Banks, defense contractors and oil companies decide who the President is and what their
Cabinet will look like (see Obama's leaked CitiBank memo "recommending" executives to his
2009 Cabinet). Russians and the American people do not.
John Pilger's essay: Hold
the Front Page, the Reporters are Missing appropriately describes this BigLie media
item b dissected, while also observing, "Although journalism was always a loose extension of
establishment power, something has changed in recent years," prior to providing Why this is
karlof1 , Sep 20, 2018 4:59:56 PM |
karlof1 , Sep 20, 2018 4:59:56 PM |
link james , Sep 20, 2018 5:04:45 PM |
Want to highlight this additional bit from Pilger:
"Journalism students should study this [New book from Media Lens Propaganda Blitz ]
to understand that the source of "fake news" is not only trollism, or the likes of Fox news,
or Donald Trump, but a journalism self-anointed with a false respectability: a liberal
journalism that claims to challenge corrupt state power but, in reality, courts and protects
it, and colludes with it.
The amorality of the years of Tony Blair, whom the Guardian has
failed to rehabilitate, is its echo. [My emphasis]
IMO, the bolded text well describes BigLie Media. I wonder what George Seldes would say
differently from Pilger if he were alive. Unfortunately, Pilger failed to include MoA as a
source in his short list of sites having journalistic integrity.
on journalism and it being usurped by social media behemoths google, facebook, twitter and
etc - i found
this cbc radio) interview last night worth recommending..
jrkrideau , Sep 20, 2018 5:46:02 PM |
That New York Times piece was amazing. Belief anything the US Gov't/anti-Russian lobby and
other nut cases tell you, unquestioningly. Investigative journalism at its best!
Accept the most stupid evidence with blinking an eye. Even if one believes the collusion
argument, try to be a bit critical. And always believe that a GRU hacker will put Felix
Dzerzinnsky's name in their program. For heaven's sake he was Cheka, the forerunner of the
KGB, not the GRU which was military intelligence.
"... The Government leaks classified material at will for propaganda advantage, but hunts Assange and tortures Private Manning for the same. ..."
"... these emails reflect the standard full-scale cooperation – a virtual merger – between our the government and the establishment media outlets that claim to act as "watchdogs" over them. ..."
"... The issue under discussion here, however, is the extent to which the media is an eager partner in the message-sending, rather than an unwitiing tool. ..."
Chris Harlos , 29 Aug 2012 19:01
The New York Crimes. The seamless web of media, government, business: a totalitarian system.
Darkly amusing, perhaps, unless one begins to tally the damage.
rrheard , 29 Aug 2012 18:36
USA Inc. Viva Death,
Did you hear the one about the investment banker whose very expensive hooker bite off his
I'm not sure what's scarier--that the CIA is spending taxpayer dollars spending even a split
second worrying about what a two bit hack like Maureen Dowd writes, or that the NY Times
principals are so institutionally "captured" that they parrot "CIA speak".
024601 -> SanFranDouglas
Aug 2012 18:32
Well what's actually scarier is that Operation Mockingbird has never
Or maybe that our purported public servants in the legislature are bipartisanly
and openly attempting to repeal portions of the Smith-Mundt Act of 1948 and Foreign
Relations Authorization Act in 1987 banning domestic propaganda.
America is becoming a real sick joke. And the last to know will be about 65% of the
populace I like to call Sheeple.
Very depressing. I thought we would get a smart bunch over here. The major trend I've noticed
instead? Blind support for the empire and the apparatus that keeps it thriving. Unable to be
good little authoritarians and cheer for the now collapsing British Empire, they have to
cheer for it's natural predecessor, the American Empire. This includes attacking all those
who might question the absolute infallible of The Empire. Folks like.. Glenn. It is
fascinating to watch, if not disheartening.
SanFranDouglas -> smartypants54
Aug 2012 18:29
shenebraskan -> Jpolicoff
Aug 2012 18:12
So all cozying up to spooks is not always a bad thing, huh?
Just my point.
I see. I thought your point was that there was some sort of equivalence between Hersh's
development of sources to reveal truths that their agencies fervently wished to keep secret
and Mazzetti's active assistance in protecting an agency's image from sullying by fellow
I guess I stand corrected. . .
And that ended his career in government service, as it should have...or not:
Jpolicoff , 29 Aug 2012 18:01
From Wikipedia: John O. Brennan is chief counterterrorism advisor to U.S. President
Barack Obama; officially his title is Deputy National Security Advisor for Homeland Security
and Counterterrorism, and Assistant to the President.
Unfortunately this is nothing new for Mazetti or the New York Times, nor is it the first time
Glenn Greenwald has called Mazetti out on his cozy relationship with the CIA:
CitizenTM , 29 Aug 2012 17:52
The CIA and its reporter friends: Anatomy of a backlash
The coordinated, successful effort to implant false story lines about John Brennan
illustrates the power the intelligence community wields over political debates.
Glenn Greenwald Dec. 08, 2008 |
...Just marvel at how coordinated (and patently inaccurate) their messaging is, and --
more significantly -- how easily they can implant their message into establishment media
outlets far and wide, which uncritically publish what they're told from their cherished
"intelligence sources" and without even the pretense of verifying whether any of it is true
and/or hearing any divergent views:
Mark Mazzetti and Scott Shane, New York Times, 12/2/2008:
Last week, John O. Brennan, a C.I.A. veteran who was widely seen as Mr. Obama's likeliest
choice to head the intelligence agency, withdrew his name from consideration after liberal
critics attacked his alleged role in the agency's detention and interrogation program. Mr.
Brennan protested that he had been a "strong opponent" within the agency of harsh
interrogation tactics, yet Mr. Obama evidently decided that nominating Mr. Brennan was not
worth a battle with some of his most ardent supporters on the left.
Mr. Obama's search for someone else and his future relationship with the agency are
complicated by the tension between his apparent desire to make a clean break with Bush
administration policies he has condemned and concern about alienating an agency with a
central role in the campaign against Al Qaeda.
Mark M. Lowenthal, an intelligence veteran who left a senior post at the C.I.A. in 2005, said
Mr. Obama's decision to exclude Mr. Brennan from contention for the top job had sent a
message that "if you worked in the C.I.A. during the war on terror, you are now tainted," and
had created anxiety in the ranks of the agency's clandestine service.
...The story, by Mark Mazzetti and Scott Shane, noted that John O. Brennan had withdrawn
his name from consideration for CIA director after liberal critics attacked his role in the
agency's interrogation program, even though Brennan characterized himself as a "strong
opponent" within the agency of harsh interrogation techniques. Brennan's characterization was
not disputed by anyone else in the story, even though most experts on this subject agree that
Brennan acquiesced in everything that the CIA did in this area while he served there.
The Government leaks classified material at will for propaganda advantage, but hunts Assange
and tortures Private Manning for the same.
tballou , 29 Aug 2012 17:51
"these emails reflect the standard full-scale cooperation – a virtual merger –
between our the government and the establishment media outlets that claim to act as
"watchdogs" over them."
SanFranDouglas -> OneWorldGovernment
Aug 2012 17:51
Glenn - the only objection I have to your column and all your previous columns on this
matter is that I am not sure the establishment media actually claim to be watchdogs, at least
not any more, and certainly not since Sept 11. They really are more like PR reps.
OneWorldGovernment , 29 Aug 2012
The media is another tool in the [government, in this case] arsenal to help send a
message, as are speeches before think tanks and etc.
Yes. The issue under discussion here, however, is the extent to which the media is an
eager partner in the message-sending, rather than an unwitiing tool.
Did everyone forget the Judith Miller article? The usage of Twitter and other social media
during the Iranian election of 2009? The leaks about the Iranian nuclear program in the
SanFranDouglas -> smartypants54
Aug 2012 17:42
The U.S. government, along with every other government in the world, uses the media to
influence public opinion and send geopolitical messages to others that understand the message
(normally not the masses). The media is another tool in the arsenal to help send a message,
as are speeches before think tanks and etc.
We use social media to create social unrest if it aligns with our interests. We use the
media to send political messages and influence public opinion. The vast majority of reporting
in the N.Y. Times, WSJ, Guardian, Telegraph, and etc. do not reflect this, but every now and
then "unnamed sources" help further a geopolitical message.
In this country, it has been that way since before the founding fathers and the Republic.
Remember the Federalist, Anti-Federalist, Sam Adams as Vtndex, and etc.? Newspapers used for
DuErJournalist , 29 Aug 2012 17:42
Upthread I asked him for his comments on the reporting of Seymour Hirsh. He is someone
who cozied up to all kinds of people - and wound up busting some extremely important
stories in the process.
I think a modest amount of review of Sy Hersh's work will demonstrate that his "cozying
up" hasn't included running interference for the spooks' official PR flacks.
The New York Times: Burn after reading!
"... For one thing, Marzetti apparently passed a draft of a Maureen Dowd column for vetting by the CIA . Her importance, or not, as a columnist or pundit aside, why would a NYT employee slip material to a gov't agency? That's the skillset of an informant, not a journalist. ..."
"... Today, the Wall Street-Security-Military Industrial Complex is unchallenged. Exaggerated respect is shown to the Military. Many of the Reporters who called in question the Political-Military establishment during Vietnam were muted during the second invasion of Iraq. None of lessons that Vietnam should have taught them about the lengths the Government would go to such as out right lies, and covert deceit were learned. Perhaps they were cowed into cooperation. ..."
"... Unprincipled and disingenuous - both the Obama Administration and the New York Times. Doesn't come as a surprise though ... ..."
"... I'd be worried about anyone going to the CIA for their fact-checking too... ..."
30 Aug 2012 00:46
30 Aug 2012 00:40
In a moral world, the NYT is as guilty of genocide as Bush and Blair.
As indeed are most UK newspapers, including the Graun.
Another great article Glen, please keep them coming.
"The moviemakers are getting top-level access to the most classified mission in history from an administration that has tried
to throw more people in jail for leaking classified information than the Bush administration."
29 Aug 2012 23:31
-- Maureen Dowd
Aug. 6, 2011, NYT
I would have answered just as OnYourMarx has done. Most every story Hersh broke was from a series of well-developed relationships
within CIA and/or MIC.
29 Aug 2012 23:24
In terms of its relevance, it seems to me that any real journalist worth their salt does this. And so rather than deride those
who have relationships with government sources, we need to dig a bit deeper and ask ourselves what distinguishes the kind Hersh
developed from those that are problematic.
Excuse me for thinking that perhaps in the context of a discussion about the relationship between the media and government, it
might be helpful to talk about how journalists can actually use their relationships with people in the government to break important
stories. So I noted my thoughts about Hersh and asked for his.
29 Aug 2012 23:19
Contrary to "gotcha," I thought it might be an opportunity to take the conversation a bit deeper. As with what I said about
humor, its no skin off my nose if no one takes me up on it. The only reason I brought it up later is because someone suggested
perhaps I should attempt to engage on a more substantive level...which I had done.
I've been completely upfront about the fact that I disagree with Glenn on most things (although I'll just point out that I
did comment about how much I agreed with his article on authoritarianism). So please also excuse me while I try to learn all the
rules about what is ok and not ok to talk about and how I'm supposed to do that properly in order to satisfy someone like you.
But thanks for ultimately getting back to the point in talking about the difference being what emerges from the "cozy relationship."
I actually disagree with that though. I think it depends on the journalist's ability to do critical thinking and questioning.
If they're merely stenographers or are simply set on finding something negative - either way they corrupt what the real story
29 Aug 2012 23:15
Let's clear up one thing...Maureen Down is not a journalist OR a reporter. She is opinion columnist.
You can suggest that there's a qualitative difference between journalists and reporters, but Dowd is neither one. So to
me, the distinction when it comes to her is meaningless.
If that is so, then why would the CIA be so interested in what she wrote? And why would a NYT employee pass an unpublished
draft to them without, presumably, checking with an editor? "See, nothing to worry about," indeed.
29 Aug 2012 23:13
Frankly, I don't even understand what your hang up is. Was Marzetti supposed to violate this woman's trust? Is he not supposed
to talk to government officials in order to report the news, which is the whole raison d'etre of his career.
For one thing, Marzetti apparently passed a draft of a Maureen Dowd column for vetting by the CIA . Her importance,
or not, as a columnist or pundit aside, why would a NYT employee slip material to a gov't agency? That's the skillset of an informant,
not a journalist.
I didn't think Ms. Dowd was that important to our nation's security, but that aside, why pass company material to outsiders?
"This song was known to everybody. A book was afterward printed, with a regular license He happened to select and print
in his journal this song ... He was seised in his bed that night and has been never since heard of. Our excellent journal
de Paris then is suppressed and this bold traitor has been in jail now three weeks Thus you see, madam, the value of energy
in government; our feeble republic would in such a case have probably been wrapt in the flames of war and desolation for want
of a power lodged in a single hand to punish summarily those who write songs."
-- Thomas Jefferson, in Paris, to Abigail Adams, June 21, 1785
Right, and I knew some of that. However I was after the other commenter's notions of what he meant by saying Hersh "cozyd
up" to CIA and MIC ppl, with an eye to figuring out why s/he thinks Hersh and his sources have relevance to the article being
29 Aug 2012 22:58
29 Aug 2012 22:50
I've often wondered what you think of the journalism of someone like Seymour Hirsch. He broke some very important stories
by cozying up to moles in the MIC.
And I assumed Glenn supported Hirsh's work.
It's been kind of a long day. And, it's possible that I either need another drink, or to simply hit the sack. So, apologies
if this comes off sounding less than supportive. While you're busy wondering and assuming , you might better advance
your case if you also did a little Googling . And, pro tip, it wouldn't hurt to spell Hersh's name correctly. Lends credibility,
I'd suggest that you were ignored because of the gotcha flavor to the way you tried to engage. I would also suggest
that if Glenn thought you were asking your question with some sincere intent, he might answer that it depends on how that coziness
is conducted, and what emerges from that "cozy relationship." Dan Gillmor's piece - to which Glenn links - on this subject
may add some additional insight.
In other words, if you're gonna do gotcha it helps not to show your hand too soon, or be quite so transparent. One could
do a little research first and bring their best game.
@MonaHot: Hersh's New Yorker piece about Bush regime ramping up against Iran in 2008. Robert Baer of the CIA was at least one
of his sources for that piece. In fact the film Syriana based Clooney's character on Baer.
29 Aug 2012 22:25
Richard Armitage is the other MIC dude that comes to mind when thinking back on Hersh's stories. There must be countless of
them, though, including Saudis and Israelis who work to provide info to the MIC.
29 Aug 2012 22:21
And I assumed Glenn supported Hirsh's work. That's why I brought him up. He cozys up to MIC folks as well. So its important
to make a distinction between cozying up to break important stories and cozying up to get access to power...a distinction that
Glenn didn't make.
What do you mean by claiming Hersh "cozys up" to MIC ppl? And what would be a specific example of a story he broke after
The American Mega-Media has long been in the bag of Corporatism. Long gone are the days of reporters challenging the Military.
During the Vietnam War the Military Briefings were Derisively called the Five O' Clock Follies.
29 Aug 2012 22:17
Today, the Wall Street-Security-Military Industrial Complex is unchallenged. Exaggerated respect is shown to the Military.
Many of the Reporters who called in question the Political-Military establishment during Vietnam were muted during the second
invasion of Iraq. None of lessons that Vietnam should have taught them about the lengths the Government would go to such as out
right lies, and covert deceit were learned. Perhaps they were cowed into cooperation.
Julian Assange who should be seen as a hero to the free press was vilified by our corporate press. Assange did the work a free
press and a real reporter should perform.
Pravda e Izvestia
29 Aug 2012 22:10
Let's clear up one thing...Maureen Down is not a journalist OR a reporter. She is opinion columnist.
29 Aug 2012 22:07
You can suggest that there's a qualitative difference between journalists and reporters, but Dowd is neither one. So to me,
the distinction when it comes to her is meaningless.
And I assumed Glenn supported Hirsh's work. That's why I brought him up. He cozys up to MIC folks as well. So its important
to make a distinction between cozying up to break important stories and cozying up to get access to power...a distinction that
Glenn didn't make.
Finally, I have no need whatsoever for anyone to laugh with me. I just found the juxtaposition of Dowd and reporting to be
funny. Someone said something similar and I added my agreement. If its not funny to you - ignore it. Not sure why you'd think
I'd expect anything else.
Mr. Grenwald, let's not make more of this than it's worth. I see nothing wrong with newspapers working with government agencies
in order to report their news to their readership. Frankly, I don't even understand what your hang up is. Was Marzetti supposed
to violate this woman's trust? Is he not supposed to talk to government officials in order to report the news, which is the whole
raison d'etre of his career.
Andrew Wood ,
29 Aug 2012 22:05
29 Aug 2012 21:59
Mr Greenwald, please don't pretend that journalism has only just 'degraded'
If the sub-header had read "Mark Mazzetti's emails with the CIA expose the degradation of journalism that has only just
lost the imperative to be a check to power" then you would have a case.
It doesn't, and you don't.
Next time read past the sub-header. You might get more out of it.
29 Aug 2012 21:58
About those fabled "handouts" ...where are they?
Exactly. Not coming from the so-called socialistic/communistic Democrat party either. In fact, the only reference I have seen
to poverty since John Edwards in 2008 (he who shall not be named!) is on the front page of HuffPo, where there are Shadow Conventions,
one of which concerns Poverty in America. There was a book in 1962, The Other America by Michael Harrington. We are well
on our way to having that be The Only America , at least for the vast majority of us.
Andrew Wood ->
29 Aug 2012 21:50
I'd agree that the comment Glenn responded to was pretty superficial. I was just laughing with another commenter at the
idea of Dowd doing any actual reporting.
What's interesting to me is that's the one Glenn responded to. And yet when I asked what I believe was a pretty substantive
question about where the reporting of someone like Seymour Hirsh [sic] fits into his critique of journalism, he ignores it.
Superficial? He responded because, intentionally or not, you misrepresented what he said. While you may not have appreciated
the difference, "reporting" and "journalism" are qualitatively (there's that word you don't like) different things.
It takes very little in the way of courage, skill or talent to work as a "reporter" for a major mainstream newspaper like the
New York Times. For most pieces that the government has an interest in spinning (like the one under discussion), this is how it
works: 1. Type up the words of anonymous officials, 2. Submit your article to those same officials for "fact-checking," censorship
and approval, 3. Retire for the day.
Greenwald, a constitutional lawyer, and not a trained journalist, on the other hand, is doing real journalism, and putting
most reporters to shame in the process. I can count on a single hand the number of reporters in the U.S. who deserve, like Greenwald,
to have the term of art "journalism" applied to their work. Hersh is one of them, and in this context, there isn't any more to
say with regards to a "critique."
As far as Glenn's own position goes, you can read any number of articles where he has praised Hersh's work. Just Google it.
That said, by joining the Guardian, Greenwald has graduated to a milieu where he rightly expects higher standards, in both
professional practice and in the quality of his readership. That doesn't mean you leave levity at the door, but it does mean that
you leave your whiny, self-entitled attitude ("But why won't he answer the question I really want him to answer?").
There are serious issues at stake here. I have a genuine question for you: if you disagree with Greenwald so much, why would
you expect him (or most of his readers) to laugh along with what you find funny?
Think about that, and get back to me if you come up with something plausible.
Andrew Wood ,
29 Aug 2012 21:39
Look at the top of the webpage, just underneath the headline.
Mark Mazzetti's emails with the CIA expose the degradation of journalism that has lost the imperative to be a check
Is it worse for a journalist to help the security forces of his or her own country, or to be an "agent of influence" for your
29 Aug 2012 21:23
The USA has become so engrossed in itself that it doesn't even pretend to be a judicial state. Here we have a man called Osama
Bin Laden who is innocent of any crime yet the President of the United States of America brags about having him murdered.
29 Aug 2012 21:20
This means that a precedent has been set that the President can order the murder of anyone even you.
Thanks for the pointers.
29 Aug 2012 21:14
The reason I said that perhaps I'd need to leave off the levity is that it was my superficial comment finding some humor in
all this that Glenn responded to and suggested that I was a complainer lacking in quality. It wasn't meant as anything but a half-baked
half-assed jab at the lightweight known as Maureen Dowd.
But as I said above, when I attempted to engage with some substance, I got ignored. I have no doubt that Glenn has a sense
of humor. But I'm afraid I'm not a good enough humorist to combine a laugh with in-depth engagement.
I'm counting on you being right on the idea that Glenn thrives on well reasoned dissent. That's why I'm here.
Unprincipled and disingenuous - both the Obama Administration and the New York Times. Doesn't come as a surprise though
29 Aug 2012 20:37
Indeed. Horse-hooey is a pleasant alternative to this steaming load of self-congratulatory manure.
29 Aug 2012 20:34
About those fabled "handouts" ...where are they? Not in evidence when I see the local homeless vets in their wheelchairs...Nowhere
to be found when I see children shivering at bus stops without proper coats...can't quite see it in my overcrowded library...one
of the hottest tickets in town because it's literally a warm place to go. I'm sure parents who've lost homes because they were
craven enough to have a sick child and went bankrupt caring for them would love to find this fabled place where those generous
hands, stuffed full of money and goodies, are vying with each other to make things right.
If only we could find it.
"As of March 2012, 46.4 million Americans were receiving on average $133.14 per month in food stamps. "
According to the Government Accountability Office, at a 2009 count, there was a payment error rate of 4.36% of food stamps
benefits down from 9.86% in 1999. A 2003 analysis found that two-thirds of all improper payments were the fault of the caseworker,
not the participant. ("Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program: Payment Errors and Trafficking Have Declined, but Challenges
Remain GAO report number GAO-10-956T, " July 28, 2010)
Wow, let's go wild on $33.25 a week! And then be accused of being "lazy," "pigs," "welfare queens," "parasites," "scum," etc.
[Pay no attention to the fat man behind the curtain busy purchasing his third home, or paying his lawyer to find another tax
loophole in the Virgin Islands; that pure industrious Republican bloke is too busy to stick his neck out and see the world as
he's helped make it for others.]
I found this linked off Mazzetti's blog
. Seems that USAF drones
have been tracking private vehicles on New Mexico highways. Targeting practice. Maybe not news story but an interesting little
29 Aug 2012 20:00
As if the National Transportation Safety Board didn't have enough to worry about.
Oh, and Glenn, here's a Salon story from 2010 titled
The NYT spills key military secrets on its front page .
Your lede: "In The New York Times today, Mark Mazzetti and Dexter Filkins expose very sensitive classified government secrets
-- and not just routine secrets, but high-level, imminent planning for American covert military action in a foreign country ..."
This didn't come from me, and please delete after you read. See, nothing to worry about. -- Guardian story
Was she aware that he was using the CIA to do his fact-checking?
I'd be worried about anyone going to the CIA for their fact-checking too...
"... Bob Marley got it right.... the human race is becoming a rat race, and it's a disgrace. ..."
"... The biggest problem is the financialisation of the economy... what is the actual value of things? The market is so manipulated that real price discovery is not possible. ..."
"... We have an over-cooked service-sector economy unsustainably reliant on cheap debt, cheap energy, and cheap manufactured goods to fuel our 'high-end levels of consumption, and mobility or living standards, and an over-heated housing market that is unsustainably run according to the needs of investors and landlords rather than residents or tenants. ..."
"... What we need is a coordinated approach between our nations. Undercutting each other on corporate taxes, writing tax avoidance into law, and continuing to allow multinationals to influence our politicians and play our governments against each other is exactly the game we must end. ..."
"... Instead, it places the financially powerful beyond any state, in an international elite that makes its own rules, and holds governments to ransom. That's what the financial crisis was all about. The ransom was paid, and as a result, governments have been obliged to limit their activities yet further.... ..."
"... "Ransom". There is no better word to describe it. This (the ransom mentality) is exactly the reactionary, vindictive, doctrinaire psychology that must be extracted like a cancer from our institutional lives and the human species. A monolithic task. But identifying the cause is the first step to cure. ..."
"... these are the new medieval transnational barons ..."
8 Jun 2013 14:43
@Crackerpot - The whole austerity crisis thing appears to have been engineered so that a few blinkered and unpatriotic, vulture
mafia privateers can make a killing, selling off vital state assets, such as infrastructure and ports, to the Chinese. This is
a very suspicious and widespread trend.
8 Jun 2013 14:38
8 Jun 2013 14:32
Bob Marley got it right.... the human race is becoming a rat race, and it's a disgrace.
I see it every day from the window of my flat, on a main road, in Bethnal Green. There's a 'mentally unstable' Rastafarian
who stands by the overground station, and shouts things out to people like "You're living in babylon".
I do sometimes think he's not the mental one.
8 Jun 2013 14:28
The biggest problem is the financialisation of the economy... what is the actual value of things? The market is so manipulated
that real price discovery is not possible.
We have an over-cooked service-sector economy unsustainably reliant on cheap debt, cheap energy, and cheap manufactured
goods to fuel our 'high-end levels of consumption, and mobility or living standards, and an over-heated housing market that is
unsustainably run according to the needs of investors and landlords rather than residents or tenants.
The whole thing is going to blow apart. Our 'aspirations' are slowly killing us - they're destroying the social fabric.
What we need is a coordinated approach between our nations. Undercutting each other on corporate taxes, writing tax avoidance
into law, and continuing to allow multinationals to influence our politicians and play our governments against each other is exactly
the game we must end.
8 Jun 2013 14:08
8 Jun 2013 14:03
Deborah Orr: Instead, it places the financially powerful beyond any state, in an international elite that makes
its own rules, and holds governments to ransom. That's what the financial crisis was all about. The ransom was paid, and as
a result, governments have been obliged to limit their activities yet further....
I never thought I would live long enough to see this level of honesty ATL. It should have been published long ago, but at least
the discussion now begins.
"Ransom". There is no better word to describe it. This (the ransom mentality) is exactly the reactionary, vindictive, doctrinaire
psychology that must be extracted like a cancer from our institutional lives and the human species. A monolithic task. But identifying
the cause is the first step to cure.
@PointOfYou - these are the new medieval transnational barons
"... Neoliberalism? This is not just a financial agenda. This a highly organized multi armed counterculture operation to force us, including Ms Orr [unless she has...connections] into what Terence McKenna [who was in on it] termed the `Archaic Revival'. That is - you and me [and Ms Orr] - our - return to the medieval dark ages, if we indeed survive that far. ..."
"... The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organised habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country. We are governed, our minds are moulded, our tastes formed, our ideas suggested, largely by men we have never heard of. ..."
"... the UK government did intervene in the economy when it bailed out the banks to the tune of many billions of pounds underwritten by the taxpayer. The markets should always be regulated sufficiently (light touch is absolutely useless) to prevent the problems currently being experienced from ever happening again. ..."
"... Traditional liberalism had died decades before WWII and was replaced by finance capitalism. What happened after WW II was that capitalism had to make various concessions to avoid a socialist revolution: social and political freedoms indeed darted ahead. ..."
"... No chance mate, at least not all the time greasy spiv and shyster outfits like hedge funds are funding Puffin face and the Vermin Party. They are never going to bite the hand that feeds them ..."
"... And in case we get uppity and endeavour to challenge the economic paradigm and the rule of these neoliberal elites, there's the surveillance state panopticon to track our movements and keep us in check. ..."
"... There is not a shred of logical sense in neoliberalism. You're doing what the fundamentalists do... they talk about what neoliberalism is in theory whilst completely ignoring what it is in practice. In theory the banks should have been allowed to go bust, but the consequences where deemed too high (as they inevitable are). The result is socialism for the rich using the poor as the excuse, which is the reality of neoliberalism. ..."
"... She, knowingly, let neo-liberal economic philosophy come trumpeting through the door of No10 and it's been there ever since; it has guided our politicians for the past 30 odd years. Hence, it is Thatcher's fault. She did this and another bad thing: the woman who glorified household economics pissed away billions of pounds of North Sea Oil. ..."
"... Bailouts have been a constant feature of neoliberalism. In fact the role of the state is simply reduced to a merely commissioning agent to private parasitical corporations. History has shown the state playing this role since neoliberalism became embedded in policy since the 1970s - Long Term Capital Management, Savings and Loans, The Brady Plan, numerous PFI bailouts and those of the Western banking system during the 1982 South American, 1997 Asian and 2010 European debt crises. ..."
@EllisWyatt - Here's the funny thing about those who cheer the broken neoliberal model. They
promise we will get to those "sunny uplands" with exactly the same fervor as old Marxists.
PointOfYou , 8 Jun 2013 13:37
Snookerboy -> OneCommentator
, 8 Jun
Neoliberalism has spawned a financial elite who hold governments to ransom
Neoliberalism? This is not just a financial agenda. This a highly organized multi armed counterculture operation to
force us, including Ms Orr [unless she has...connections] into what Terence McKenna [who was in on it] termed the `Archaic
Revival'. That is - you and me [and Ms Orr] - our - return to the medieval dark ages, if we indeed survive that far.
The same names come up time and time again. One of them being, father of propaganda, Edward Bernays.
Bernays wrote what can be seen as a virtual Mission Statement for anyone wishing to bring about a "counterculture." In the
opening paragraph of his book Propaganda he wrote:
"..The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organised habits and opinions of the masses is an important
element in democratic society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government
which is the true ruling power of our country. We are governed, our minds are moulded, our tastes formed, our ideas
suggested, largely by men we have never heard of.
This is a logical result of the way in which our democratic society is organised. Vast numbers of human beings must
cooperate in this manner if they are to live together as a smoothly functioning society. In almost every act of our daily
lives, whether in the sphere of politics or business, in our social conduct or our ethical thinking, we are dominated by
the relatively small number of persons who understand the mental processes and social patterns of the masses.
It is they who pull the wires which control the public mind..."
Bernays' family background made him well suited to "control the public mind." He was the double nephew of psychoanalysis
pioneer Sigmund Freud. His mother was Freud's sister Anna, and his father was Ely Bernays, brother of Freud's wife Martha
@OneCommentator - the UK government did intervene in the economy when it bailed out the banks
to the tune of many billions of pounds underwritten by the taxpayer. The markets should
always be regulated sufficiently (light touch is absolutely useless) to prevent the problems
currently being experienced from ever happening again.
ATrueFinn -> OneCommentator
, 8 Jun
Those at the bottom of society and
those in the public sector are the ones paying the price for this intervention in the UK. If
you truly believe in the 'free' market then all of these failing organisations (banks, etc)
should have been allowed to fail. The problem is that the wealth created under the current
system is virtually all going to those at the top of the income scale and this needs to
change and is one of the main reasons that neo liberalism should be binned!
@ OneCommentator 08 June 2013 5:21pm
clairesdad -> brighton2 ,
8 Jun 2013 13:06
No, it was as recently as ww2 more or less
Traditional liberalism had died decades before WWII and was replaced by finance
capitalism. What happened after WW II was that capitalism had to make various concessions to
avoid a socialist revolution: social and political freedoms indeed darted ahead.
Do read a book about history!
@brighton2 - No chance mate, at least not all the time greasy spiv and shyster outfits like hedge funds are funding Puffin
face and the Vermin Party. They are never going to bite the hand that feeds them.
NotWithoutMyMonkey , 8 Jun 2013
And in case we get uppity and endeavour to challenge the economic paradigm and the rule of
these neoliberal elites, there's the surveillance state panopticon to track our movements and
keep us in check.
TedStewart , 8 Jun 2013 12:51
kingcreosote -> MickGJ ,
Neoliberalism has spawned a financial elite who hold governments to ransom
Are you saying neoliberalism is a great big useless pile of shit? Then you are absolutely right!
@ MickGJ 08 June 2013 1:08pm . Get
cifFix for Firefox .
taxhaven , 8 Jun 2013 12:44
I know what you are saying it's just sooner or later as those at the bottom continue to be
squeezed the wealthy will sow their own seeds of destruction. I think we are witnessing the
end game which is reflected in the desperation of the coalition to flog everything regardless
of the efficacy of such behavior, they feel time is running out and they would be right.
Call it what you will - "neoliberalism", "neoconservatism", "socialism" or whatever it is...
dmckm -> OneCommentator
, 8 Jun
This debate is not even really solely about money: this is about liberty , about
free choice, about being permitted to engage in voluntary exchange of goods and services with
others, unmolested. About the users of services becoming the ones paying for those
Ultimately the real effect will be to remove power from governments and hand it back to
where it belongs - the free market.
@ OneCommentator 08 June 2013 5:04pm . Get
cifFix for Firefox .
jazzdrum -> SpinningHugo ,
voluntary transactions among free agents. That's called a free market and it is by far
the most efficient way to produce wealth humanity has ever known.
Could you explain how someone bound by a contract of employment, with the alternative,
destitution, is a 'free agent'?
@SpinningHugo - Nothing comes out of nothing and i well remember black Monday in the City.
That was the start of the spivs running the economy as if it were a casino. If you think its only on CiF that Thatcher gets the blame, think on this, Scotland, a
whole nation blames her too.TedSmithAndSon -> theguardianisrubbish
, 8 Jun
outragedofacton -> MickGJ ,
There is not a shred of logical sense in neoliberalism. You're doing what the
fundamentalists do... they talk about what neoliberalism is in theory whilst completely
ignoring what it is in practice. In theory the banks should have been allowed to go bust, but
the consequences where deemed too high (as they inevitable are). The result is socialism for
the rich using the poor as the excuse, which is the reality of neoliberalism.
Unless you are completely confused by what neoliberalism is there is not a shred of
logical sense in this.
Savers in a neoliberal society are lambs to the slaughter. Thatcher "revitalised" banking, while everything else withered and died.
Neoliberalism is based on the thought that you get as much freedom as you can
pay for, otherwise you can just pay... like everyone else. In Asia and South America it has
been the economic preference of dictators that pushes profit upwards and responsibility down,
just like it does here.
Neoliberalism is based on the thought of personal freedom, communism is definitely not.
Neoliberalist policies have lifted millions of people out of poverty in Asia and South
I find it ironic that it now has 5 year plans that absolutely must not be deviated from,
massive state intervention in markets (QE, housing policy, tax credits... insert where
applicable), and advocates large scale central planning even as it denies reality, and makes
the announcement from a tractor factory.
Neoliberalism is a blight... a cancer on humanity... a massive lie told by rich people and
believed only by peasants happy to be thrown a turnip. In theory it's one thing, the reality
is entirely different. Until we're rid of it, we're all it's slaves. It's an abhorrent cult
that comes up with purest bilge like expansionary fiscal contraction to keep all the money in
the hands of the rich.
@MickGJ - You are wrong about the first 2 of course.
Banksters get others to do their shit.
LetsGetCynical , 8 Jun 2013 11:57
But unfortunately the poor sods who went down on D Day were in their way fighting for Wall
Street as much as anything else. It's just that they weren't told about it by the Allies massive propaganda machine. So partly right
outragedofacton -> artheart
, 8 Jun
The response should be a wholesale reevaluation of the way in which wealth is created
and distributed around the globe
Which would be what? State planning? Communism? Totally free market capitalism? Oh wait, we already have the best of a bad bunch, a mixed capitalist economy with
democracy. That really is the crux of it, our system isn't perfect, never will be, but nobody has come
up with a better solution.
@artheart - Thank goodness for RT.
ATrueFinn -> fr0mn0where ,
Learn also about the West's nefarious activities in the Middle East.
@ fr0mn0where 08 June 2013 4:29pm
dmckm -> SpinningHugo ,
Barclays bank "only" paid out £660m in dividends to the bearers of risk capital,
while its bonus pot for a very select number of its staff was £1.5bn.
Fascinating! Now, one could infer that Barclays represent "beneficial capitalism",
rewarding its hard-working employees, but maybe we won't.
This is not the traditional capitalist style
The Traditional capitalist is not an extinct species but under threat. For the time
being the population is stagnant in some countries and even increasing in some others.
However, due to the foraging capacity of Neoliberal creature , competing in the same
economical niche, the size and life expectation of it are diminishing.
@ SpinningHugo 08 June 2013 10:59am . Get
cifFix for Firefox .
szwalby -> MickGJ ,
She, knowingly, let neo-liberal economic philosophy come trumpeting through the door of
No10 and it's been there ever since; it has guided our politicians for the past 30 odd years.
Hence, it is Thatcher's fault. She did this and another bad thing: the woman who
glorified household economics pissed away billions of pounds of North Sea Oil.
@MickGJ - No, you're right. Why let yesterdays experience feed into what you expect of the
future? Lets go forwards goldfish like, every minute a brand new one, with no baggage!fr0mn0where -> ATrueFinn
, 8 Jun
And by the way, who saved the hide of the very much private sector banks and financial
institutions? The hated STATE, us tax payers!
theonionmurders -> theguardianisrubbish
, 8 Jun
I think I agree with everything that you say here? The people at the top these days aren't
really of much use for anything, including capitalism. The only thing that they do excel at
is lining their own pockets and securing their privileged position in society.
They have become quite up front about it. There was a bit of a fuss last year when
Barclays bank "only" paid out £660m in dividends to the bearers of risk capital, while
its bonus pot for a very select number of its staff was £1.5bn. Barclays released a
statement before their AGM explaining:
"Barclays is fully committed to ensuring that a greater proportion of income and profits
flow to shareholders notwithstanding that it operates within the constraints of a
This is not the traditional capitalist style competition that they are talking about where
companies competed as to who can return the biggest profit for their shareholders this now
comes secondary to the real competition which is for which company can return the biggest
bonuses for a small group of employees.
petercs , 8 Jun 2013 10:44
Bailouts have been a constant feature of neoliberalism. In fact the role of the state is
simply reduced to a merely commissioning agent to private parasitical corporations. History
has shown the state playing this role since neoliberalism became embedded in policy since the
1970s - Long Term Capital Management, Savings and Loans, The Brady Plan, numerous PFI
bailouts and those of the Western banking system during the 1982 South American, 1997 Asian
and 2010 European debt crises.
No wonder you're so ignorant of the basics of economic policy if you won't flick through a
book - fear of accepting that you're simply wrong is a sure sign of either pig ignorance or
denial, and is as I said embarrassing so its not really much point in wasting anymore time
engaging with you.
Crackerpot , 8 Jun 2013 10:43
..."neoliberal", concept behind the word, has nothing to do with liberal or liberty or
freedom...it is a PR spin concept that names slavery with a a word that sounds like the
opposite...if "they" called it neoslavery it just wouldn't sell in the market for political
The neoliberal idea is that the cultivation itself should be conducted privately as
well. They see "austerity" as a way of forcing that agenda.
..."austerity" is the financial sectors' solution to its survival after it sucked most the
value out of the economy and broke it. To mend it was a case of preservation of the elite and
the devil take the hindmost, that's most of us.
...and even Labour, the party of trade unionism, has adopted austerity to drive its
...we need a Peoples' Party to stand for the revaluation of labour so we get paid for our
effort rather than the distortion, the rich xxx poor divide, of neoslavery austerity.
When the IMF 'admitted' that the first bail out of Greece was 'bungled' are they trying to
imply that the subsequent bail outs have been a success....
artheart , 8 Jun 2013 10:34
People need to start watching The Keiser Report to hear the truth, if they can handle the
Link here: http://rt.com/shows/keiser-report/MickGJ -> bluebirds ,
I simply cannot recommend it enough.
epinoa -> CaptainGrey ,
Of course it has. And it will continue to "fail", while provide us with all
sorts of goodies, for the foreseeable future. Capitalism's endless "failure" is of no more
concern than human mortality. Ever tried, ever failed, try again, fail better.
@bluebirds - deregulated capitalism has failed
In as much as a zombie is.
Except it's not. It is still very much alive and growing.
I'd say the current oligarchical form of capitalism has crashed quite
spectacularly. I say this as a free market capitalist too.
The "alternatives" have crashed and burned save Cuba and North Korea.
"... Now we see moneyed entities with vested interests, carpet bagging and flogging off the NHS and an unelected fossil fuel mandarin, at the heart of government decision making, appointing corporate yea-sayers, to the key government departments, with environmental responsibilities. Corporations capturing the state apparatus for their own ends, is 'corporatism.' ..."
"... "Neoliberalism in practice is every bit as bad as Communism in practice, with none of the benefits." ..."
"... The bailout is simply actual neoliberalism as opposed to the theory inside tiny right wing minds. The system depends on the wealthy not being allowed to suffer the consequences of their own greed, or it would represent revolution and still not work. ..."
"... Neoliberalism in practice is every bit as bad as Communism in practice, with none of the benefits. It always amusing to see neoliberal morons shout about the red menace when they're two sides of the same coin. ..."
"... Neoliberalism is nothing if not the opposite extreme of the communist planned economy. Like the communist planned economy, neoliberalism is doomed to failure. I think we've all been sold a lie. ..."
-> Fachan ,
bridkid5 -> NotAgainAgain
, 8 Jun
Shame we only have bastardized forms of them.
Just as democracy is the worst system of government except for all other, so capitalism
is the worst economic model except for all other.
@NotAgainAgain - this is very true, it reminds me of an engineering company I worked for in
Nottingham (since gone under). The production manger was a corrupt thief. He gradually
sub-contracted the production work out to other companies in the area, taking backhanders for
his troubles.ATrueFinn -> MickGJ ,
Once all the production was farmed out, he somehow got himself promoted to
director level, where he and a sycophant subbed all the design work out. So all the
production and design was done out of house, standards dropped and the company closed,
leaving him with a nice payoff, just prior to retirement.
Some would say he played a blinder, my interpretation is he ruined a perfectly viable
company, making a very good product, and over the course of about 5 years put over 30 people
out of work.
In a just world he would be spending his retirement in prison.
@ MickGJ 08 June 2013 2:16pm
ATrueFinn -> fr0mn0where ,
ext year's harvest (possibly of GM food which makes better use of scarce resources)
Indeed. Wheat will grow as flour and fly to our cupboards.
@ fr0mn0where 08 June 2013 1:53pm
crinklyoldgit , 8 Jun 2013 10:04
Income distribution and a happy workforce is actually very good for business as well as
Of course it is, but the capitalists do not know it. In many countries, including Finland,
the "condition of the working classes", ie. working conditions, have been in rapid decline
for the last 20 years.
Permanent salaried jobs have been replaced with temps from agencies, unpaid overtime is
becoming the norm, burnouts are commonplace and so on.
If in your country things are different, no mass lay-outs and outsourcing to China, count
On form, Debs. Here is something I like.
MysticFish -> MickGJ ,
But even though an illiterate market wouldn't be so great for them, they avoid their
taxes, because they can, because they are more powerful than governments
Noam Chomsky pointed this out aeons ago though-that the American model is to use tax money
to benefit private interests through technological infrastructure.
It was ever thus, if in slightly different forms. Still it is surprising that they have gone
so quickly from their stated position at the start of the republic of a rejection of kings
and emperors to their position now of corruption so ingrained it is impossible to make
distinctions. Proxy emperors are emperors all the same, no matter the rhetoric that promotes
One senses that there is very little 'going back' possible. Besides, the great Neoliberal
scam is predicated upon the qualities of the 'governments' we have and the capacity of those
'rhetoricians' with the capacity to say anything or play any role, to lick any arse, to get
elected. Such apparent strength is weakness. In this world that now exists here, we have now
entered the same world as the USSR in the eighties, where the announcement of bumper harvests
of wheat, made everyone with a brain cell groan and think
'Oh fuck! no bread this winter-quick, run to the shops now, and buy up all the flour
But there is now no way to declare that without being seen as beyond the pale-a bug eyed
Still, I am a believer in the connectedness of this world. The economic system and its
mythologies are just weird and distorted canaries in the coalmine of the wider environment.
It is indicating that there is a misalignment between the way we think and what is possible
in this world. Austerity promoters and 'Keynsian' Ballsites are one and the same thing-both
pretenders that the key to the problems is within their narrow gifts
Hubris is followed by nemesis. In a wider sense what we seen now is a complete failure of
the capacity to educate and to learn,and moderate behaviour, and find some way of caring for
our 'others', beyond the core of 'self'. nationalism is essentially an extension of 'self'.
We now shall see the failure of a retraction of thought into nationalism and
I predict that the population of the world will decline over the next century-quite
The only solace is that at the end of the process, the pain will be forgotten. It always
@MickGJ - Cameron said 'We will cut the deficit, not the NHS,' and promised to be the
'greenest government ever,' saying that you could 'go green,' if you voted 'blue.'
Spoutwell , 8 Jun 2013 09:53
Now we see
moneyed entities with vested interests, carpet bagging and flogging off the NHS and an
unelected fossil fuel mandarin, at the heart of government decision making, appointing
corporate yea-sayers, to the key government departments, with environmental responsibilities.
Corporations capturing the state apparatus for their own ends, is 'corporatism.'
MurchuantEacnamai -> DasInternaut ,
There was very little 'healthy economic growth' in Britain in the second half of the 20th
Britain was bankrupt after WW2 with its people dependent on Marshall Aid and food
contributions from its former 'colonies'.
Much of the healthy economic growth – as opposed to the smoke and mirrors of many
aspects of financial services – that Britain enjoyed during the second half of the
20th century was due to women swelling the educated workforce.
Whatever 'growth' occured after Marshall Aid arrived was scuppered by a class system where
company managers were more concerned with walking on the workers than with keeping their
businesses afloat while such discrimination provoked hard left trade union policies which
left british industry uncompetitive and ultimately non-existent.
If that wasn't enough, Thatcherism arrived to re-inforce class discrimination, sell off
national services and assets and replace social policy with neo-liberal consumerism.
Whether the workforce was swollen by women or anyone else is immaterial.
The anti-democratic incestuous class conflict latent in British society continues to ensure
that the UK will remain a mere vassal state of foot-soldiers and consumers for international
@DasInternaut - Completely agree. The performance has been poor to absymal. But this is a
failure of democratic governance because the collective interests of citizens as consumers
and service users are not being represented and enforced by the elected politicians since
they have been suborned by the capitalists elites and their fellow-travellers.
Itsrainingtin , 8 Jun 2013 09:44
The people, indeed, have been sold a lie, but, unfortunately, it is only UKIP which is
making the political waves by revealing selected aspects of this lie. The three established
parties have been 'bought' to varying extents. But more and more citizens are beginning to
realise the extent to which they have been bought.
There is an upside to all of this, maybe I wont get modded so much from now on for being so
angry at the ideological criminals . Hopefully the middle classes will cotton on to the fact
that all this is not a mad hatters tinfoil hobby, we need more of them to be grumpy.
szwalby -> MickGJ ,
@MickGJ - We've already seen it. Not great so far. GS4, Winterbourne view, southern cross,
trains...............Welfare to work companies, delivering no better results than people left
to their own devices. Energy companies.MurchuantEacnamai -> TedSmithAndSon
, 8 Jun
We'll see if the new wave of free schools, academy schools, and all the service outsourced by
the council perform any better.
Doubtful, as to make a profit, they have to employ poorer paid people, less well qualified,
and once they've got a contract, they've got very little competition, as when the second
round of bidding comes around, as the firms having got the first contract are the only one
with relevant experience, they are assured of renewal, the money machine will keep going!
@TedSmithAndSon - There's a huge difference between meddling and ensuring effective
governance. But I expect in your omniscence you know that.
theguardianisrubbish -> theonionmurders
, 8 Jun
@theonionmurders - I am not going to read a book.
theguardianisrubbish -> TedSmithAndSon
, 8 Jun
Neoliberalism are policies that are
influenced by neo classical economics. If you are suggesting that the neoliberal school of
thought would advocate any kind of a bailout then you are mistaken. Where else have I
"apparently" embarrassed myself?
@TedSmithAndSon - This is just an inaccurate rant not a reply.
theonionmurders -> theguardianisrubbish
, 8 Jun
"The system depends on the wealthy not being allowed to suffer the consequences.."
Unless you are completely confused by what neolibralism is there is not a shred of logical
sense in this.
"The debt industry are the lenders who take advantage of a financial system..."
Which is what savers are. They come in the form of individuals businesses and governments.
This encompasses everyone.
"whilst paying the lowest possible rate. Wonga, for instance."
If you are a lender you do not pay anything, you receive.
"Thatchers revolution was to take our citizenship and give it a value, whilst making
everyone else a consumer, all for a handful of magic beans in the shape of British Gas
...not forgetting that she revitalised the economy and got everyone back to work
"Neoliberalism in practice is every bit as bad as Communism in practice, with none of the
Neoliberalism is based on the thought of personal freedom, communism is definitely not.
Neoliberalist policies have lifted millions of people out of poverty in Asia and South
America. Communism has no benefits for society open your eyes!
MickGJ -> ATrueFinn ,
@theguardianisrubbish - Does this author not realise that a government bailout goes
against the whole neoliberal school of thought?
No it isn't. You're confusing neoliberalism with neo classical economics. The level of
knowledge on economic theory here is sometimes embarrassing.
richmanchester -> MurchuantEacnamai
, 8 Jun
Next year's harvest (possibly of GM food which makes better use of scarce
resources). I imagine the sun will eventually stop bombarding us with the energy that powers
photosynthesis but I'm not losing any sleep over it.
@ATrueFinn - After they are finished, what do Singaporeans eat?
@MurchuantEacnamai - I think the point is this, Amazon make money by selling books, they
avoid paying taxes, yet expect an educated, literate population to be provided for them, on
the grounds that illiterate people don't buy books, and expect roads to move the books around
TedSmithAndSon -> theguardianisrubbish
, 8 Jun
So who will pay for this?
@theguardianisrubbish - No! The bailout is simply actual neoliberalism as opposed to
the theory inside tiny right wing minds. The system depends on the wealthy not being
allowed to suffer the consequences of their own greed, or it would represent revolution and
still not work.
szwalby -> MickGJ ,
The debt industry are the lenders who take advantage of a financial system designed to
push profits upwards (neoliberalism in practice), whilst paying the lowest possible rate.
Wonga, for instance.
Thatchers revolution was to take our citizenship and give it a value, whilst making
everyone else a consumer, all for a handful of magic beans in the shape of British Gas
Neoliberalism in practice is every bit as bad as Communism in practice, with none of the
benefits. It always amusing to see neoliberal morons shout about the red menace when they're
two sides of the same coin.
DasInternaut -> MurchuantEacnamai
, 8 Jun
as opposed to the private sector, who always does what it says it will do, at reasonable
cost, for the benefit of their customers, and with due regards to ethics?
Like the Banks, the financial sector, who will never sell you a product that isn't the best
for you, regardless of their interest? the private companies like Southern Cross, GS4?
.and provides them at a massively inflated cost accompanied by unforgivable waste and
inefficiency, appalling service and life-threatening incompetence.
The private insurance who refuse to take you on the minute you've got some illness or
disability? Get off it! The state isn't perfect, the services it provides are not perfect,
but replacing them with private provision isn't the answer!
@MurchuantEacnamai - How would you rate how well British government has done in ensuring
markets are genuinely competitive. How well has British government done in ensuring our
energy market is competitive, for example. Does the competitiveness we observe in the energy
market give customers better or worse value than they had before deregulation? How do you
rate the British government's performance in rail and public transport, with respect to
Personally, and notwithstanding the notable exception of telecoms, I rate the British (and
US) government's performance in deregulating state entities, creating new markets and
ensuring competition, as poor.
Neoliberalism is nothing if not the opposite extreme of the communist planned economy.
Like the communist planned economy, neoliberalism is doomed to failure. I think we've all
been sold a lie.
"... Neoliberalism has spawned a financial elite who hold governments to ransom ..."
"... Neoliberal ideology acted as a smokescreen that enabled the financially powerful to rewrite the rules and place themselves beyond the law. ..."
"... So it seems that your suggestion is for a return to western capitalism post-war style - would that be right? (b.t.w. if I bring up the whole Soviet Union thing, it is partly because quite a few commentators in this debate come across as if they wish for something much more leftist than that). ..."
"... What you have missed, is that the lions share of the proceeds of that growth are not going to ordinary people but to a tiny minority of super rich. It is not working for the majority. ..."
"... The taxpayers are left to pick up the tab, nations are divided against immigrants and scroungers and then unfettered evangelists like you can spout as pompously as you like about how much big business would like to remove the state from corporate affairs. ..."
"... Without the state there wouldn't be neo-Liberalism, it took state regulated capitalism to build what unfettered purists insist on tearing apart for short term greed. ..."
"... The trouble is Neo-Liberals do not want to remove the state at all, they want to BE the state and in the process rendering democracy pretty much meaningless. And they've succeeded. ..."
"... The biggest swindle ever pulled was turning the most glaring and crushing failure of unfettered corporatism into the biggest and most crushing power grab implemented in order to suppress the will of the people ..."
"... Nobody hates a market more than a monopoly and capitalism must inevitably end in monopoly as it has. For the profiteering monopolies investment especially via taxation is insane as it can only undermine their monopoly. ..."
"... The bankers have always known that the austerity caused by having to pay off un-payable loans, that increase every year, will eventually produce countries very similar to the "Weimar Days" in pre-Hitler Germany. ..."
"... They also know that drastic conditions such as these often lead to a collapse of democracy and a resurgence of Fascism. ..."
"... Neoliberalism could not exist without massive state support. So the term is meaningless. There is nothing "liberal" about having a huge state funded military industrial complex that acts a Trojan horse for global corporations, invading other countries for resources. ..."
"... Neoliberalism is a branch of economic ideology which espouses the value of the free-market, and removing all protective legislation, so that large companies are free to do what they want, where-ever they want, with no impediments from social or environmental considerations, or a nation's democratic preferences. ..."
"... Business-friendly to who exactly: the nation or hostile overseas speculators? ..."
"... The golden age of 1945 - 1975 or so witnessed huge rises in standards of living so your point linking neo-liberalism to rising standards of living is literally meaningless. There was an explosive growth in economic activity during the three or four post war decades ..."
"... The assumption shared by many round here that the young are some untapped resource of revolutionary energy is deeply mistaken ..."
WyldeWolfe , 10 Jun 2013 19:42
disorderedworld , 10 Jun 2013 17:21
Neoliberalism has spawned a financial elite who hold governments to ransom
So it's been a success then.
A wonderful article that names the central issue. Neoliberal ideology acted as a smokescreen
that enabled the financially powerful to rewrite the rules and place themselves beyond the
law. The resultant rise of financial capitalism, which now eclipses the productive
manufacturing-based capitalism that was the engine of world growth since the industrial
revolution, has propelled a dangerous self-serving elite to the centre of world power. It's
not just inequality that matters, but the character of the global elite.
MatthewBall -> murielbelcher ,
MatthewBall -> Grich ,
The neo-liberal order commenced only in the late 1970s - there was a very different
order prior to this which was not "soviet socialism" as you term it.
So it seems that your suggestion is for a return to western capitalism post-war style -
would that be right? (b.t.w. if I bring up the whole Soviet Union thing, it is partly because
quite a few commentators in this debate come across as if they wish for something much more
leftist than that).
Anyway, my worry with this idea is that I am just not convinced that life in "The West
1945-80" was better on the whole than in "The West 1980-present". It's true that
unemployment is higher these days, but a lot of work in the post-war years was boring and
physically exhausting; in factories and mines where conditions were degrading and bad for
health; and where industrial relations were simply terrible. I think as well that the higher
unemployment is a localized phenomenon that many developing countries are not experiencing
(this is relevant because Deborah Orr proposes change for the whole world, not merely the
There were also frequent recessions and booms - in fact, more frequent (albeit shorter)
than now. What seems to have changed in this respect is that, whereas we used to alternate
regularly between 2-3 years of boom and 1-2 years of bust, we now have 15 years of continuous
boom followed by a (maybe?) 10 year bust (this pattern began around 1980). If you asked me
which of these two patterns I preferred, then I think I'd go for the pre-1980 pattern, but
its not clear to me that the post-1980 pattern is so much worse as to underwrite a savage
indictment of the whole system.
As for Casino banking: they should reform that. Britain's Coalition Government has done
something in that respect, although its not very radical - I am hoping Labour can do more.
There is certainly a lot to be said for banks going back to a pre-"Big Bang" sense of
tradition and prudence.
Buts let's not also forget the plus sides in the ledger for post-1980 capitalism: hundreds
of millions in the former third world lifted out of poverty; unprecedented technological
innovation (e.g. the internet, which makes access to knowledge more equal even as income
inequality grows); and the accomodation (at least in the West) of progressive social change,
such as the empowerment of ethnic minorities, LGBT people and women.
Change, yes - but lets be careful not to throw the baby out with the bathwater.
MarkHH -> MickGJ , 10 Jun 2013
What you have missed, is that the lions share of the proceeds of that growth are not
going to ordinary people but to a tiny minority of super rich. It is not working for the
OK, but both the claim and the link cited in support talk only about a problem in the US.
This can't really answer my point, which was that the rest of the world should not be
expected to support a change to the economic system of the whole world just because of
problems that are mostly localised to North America and Europe. People in developing
countries might like the fact that they are, at last, catching "the West" up, and might well
not care much about widening inequality of incomes in Western societies.
If you are going to propose changes that you want the whole world to adopt, as Deborah Orr
does, then you should be careful to avoid casually assuming that Africa, India, China, et al,
feel the same way about the world's recent history as we do. It seems to me that not enough
care has been demonstrated in this regard.
Toeparty , 10 Jun 2013 05:28
@MickGJ - Left to their own devices the most extreme neo-liberals would remove the state
almost completely from corporate life.
Except when the State has to step in to prop up an unsustainable ideology. Then it's all
meek murmurings and pleas for forgiveness and a timid "we'll be better from now" concessions
and the Government obliges the public with the farce that they actually intend to do anything
at all but make the public pay for the financial sector's state subsidized profligacy.
Once the begging bowl is re-filled of course then the pretense of "business as usual"
profligacy rises to the fore.
The taxpayers are left to pick up the tab, nations are divided against immigrants and
scroungers and then unfettered evangelists like you can spout as pompously as you like about
how much big business would like to remove the state from corporate affairs.
When you well know that is the last thing big business would like to do. More of the state
owned pie is always the most urgent of priorities. Poorer services at inflated costs equates
as 'efficiency' until the taxpayer is again left to step in and pick up the bill.
Without the state there wouldn't be neo-Liberalism, it took state regulated capitalism to
build what unfettered purists insist on tearing apart for short term greed.
The trouble is Neo-Liberals do not want to remove the state at all, they want to BE the
state and in the process rendering democracy pretty much meaningless. And they've
The biggest swindle ever pulled was turning the most glaring and crushing failure of
unfettered corporatism into the biggest and most crushing power grab implemented in order to
suppress the will of the people.
Just as IMF loans come with 'obligations' the principle of democracy itself was sold as
part of 'the solution'.
The unsustainable, sustained. By slavery to debt, removal of society's safety net and an
economy barely maintained by industries that serve the rich, vultures that prey on the weak
and rising living costs and the drudgery of a life compounded by a relentless bombardment of
everything in life that is unattainable.
Nobody hates a market more than a monopoly and capitalism must inevitably end in monopoly as
it has. For the profiteering monopolies investment especially via taxation is insane as it
can only undermine their monopoly. With the economy now globalised not even a world war could
sweep away the current ossified political economy and give capitalism a new lease on life.
It's socialism or monopoly capitalist barbarism. Make your choice.
DracoTBastard , 10 Jun 2013 05:26
Malakia123 , 10 Jun 2013 03:35
Money that the governments don't actually need as they can print their own money and spend it
to use their countries own resources and then raise taxes to offset the extra spending and
thus maintaining monetary value. The reality is that a government should never, ever borrow
The IMF exists to lend money to governments,
The beginning period between the two world wars (1919-33) in Germany called the Weimar
Republic shows us exactly what severe austerity imposed by the Treaty of Versailles caused.
Because the German economy contracted severely due to reparations payments, steady inflation
and severe unemployment ensued. Of course the FED having started the Great Depression in
America had not helped matters much anywhere in the world. The bankers have always known that
the austerity caused by having to pay off un-payable loans, that increase every year, will
eventually produce countries very similar to the "Weimar Days" in pre-Hitler Germany.
brucefiiona -> MysticFish ,
also know that drastic conditions such as these often lead to a collapse of democracy and a
resurgence of Fascism.
What causes inflation is uncontrolled speculation of the kind we have seen fed by private
banking at various crucial points in history, such as the Weimar Republic. When speculation
is coupled with debt (owed to private banking cartels) such as we are seeing in America and
Europe now, the result is disaster. On the other hand, when a government issues its own "good
faith" commerce-related currency in carefully measured ways as we saw in Roman times or
Colonial America, it causes supply and demand to increase together, leaving prices
unaffected. Hence there is no inflation, no debt, no unemployment, and no need for income
In reality, the Weimar financial crisis began with the impossible reparations payments
imposed at the Treaty of Versailles. It is very similar to the austerity being imposed on
European Nations and America as we speak – regardless of the fact that the IMF is
trying to pose as "the Good Cop" at the moment! The damage has been done to nations like
Greece, and others are soon to follow. The uncontrollable greed of banks and corporations is
leading to an implosion of severe magnitude! It's time to open their books and put a stop to
these private banks right now!
@MysticFish - So the US who has a greater spend on the military than communist China is
brucefiiona , 9 Jun 2013 20:28
Neoliberalism could not exist without massive state support. So the term is
meaningless. There is nothing "liberal" about having a huge state funded military industrial complex
that acts a Trojan horse for global corporations, invading other countries for resources.
The term neoliberal is not only meaningless but misleading as it implies a connection with
true liberalism, of which it has no meaningful connection.
Do away with deceptive terms like neoliberalism, capitalism, socialism, left wing and right
wing and things become clearer.
fr0mn0where -> murielbelcher ,
At root a lot of the people who get involved in all of the above have very similar
character traits - love of power, greed, deceitful, ruthlessness. Most start out with these
character traits, and others gain them as a result of power.
Anyone high up in politics or business is unhinged. You have to be. The organizational
structures in these things are so synthetic, the beliefs so artificial, rigid, dogmatic and
inhuman that only a unhinged person could prosper in this climate.
Most reasonable people admit doubt, are willing to accept compromise, are willing to make
the occasional sacrifice for the greater good. All these things are what make us human,
however all these things are seen as weaknesses in the inverted world of business and
Business and politics creates an environment where the must inhuman traits prosper.
MysticFish -> AssistantCook ,
"no but the highly placed banking and financial class are along with their venal
For sure but are they capitalists? Although they may well own capital does their power
derive from the ownership of capital? You may, or may not be interested in this
lecture on the future of capitalism by John Kay.
@AssistantCook - Neoliberalism is a branch of economic ideology which espouses the value of
the free-market, and removing all protective legislation, so that large companies are free to
do what they want, where-ever they want, with no impediments from social or environmental
considerations, or a nation's democratic preferences. Von Hayek was a major influence and
Thatcher was a loyal disciple, as was the notorious dictator, Pinochet. It is economic
theory, designed for vulture capitalists, and unpopular industries like fossil fuel or
tobacco, and usually the 'freedom' is all one-sided.
MysticFish -> DavidPavett ,
@DavidPavett - If states are too big, then what about multinational banks and corporations? I
wonder why Neoliberal ideology does not try to limit the size of these. They are cumbersome
and destructive, predatory dinosaurs and yet our politicians seem mesmerised to the point of
allowing them special favours, tax incentives and the ability to determine our nation's
policies in matters such as energy and health. Why not 'Small is Beautiful,' when it comes to
companies? It doesn't make sense to shrink the state but then let non-transparent and
unaccountable, multinational companies become too powerful. One gets the feeling the country
is being invaded by the interests of hostile nations, using all-too-convenient Neoliberal
ideology and hidden behind a corporate mask.
Jesús Rodriguez , 9 Jun 2013
Is the IMF ever stop evading its responsibility and blaming others for the worldwide
financial tragedy it has provoked? Is it ever stop hurting the working class?
theguardianisrubbish -> murielbelcher ,
theguardianisrubbish -> murielbelcher ,
"Neo-liberalism is based on the thought of personal freedom for the rich and powerful
elites is all."
No it is not that is what you want to believe. There is nothing in this statement other
than an opinion based on nothing.
"Many people across the globe were lifted out of poverty between 1945-1980 so what does
your statement about neo-liberalism prove"
Which countries during this period saw massive sustainable reductions in poverty without
some free market model in place?
"It is you who should open your eyes and stop expecting people on here to accept your
ideological beliefs and statements as facts."
I don't expect people to accept my beliefs I am just pointing out why I think their
beliefs are wrong. This is a comment section the whole idea of it is to comment on different
views and articles. How can you ever benefit or make an accurate decision or belief if you do
not try to understand what the opposite belief is? I think nearly everything I have said has
been somewhat backed up by logic or a fact, I have not said wishy washy statements like:
"Neo-liberalism is based on the thought of personal freedom for the rich and powerful
elites is all."
Unless you can expand on this and give evidence or some form of an example why you think
its true then it makes no sense. You are not the only commentor on this article to make a
similar statement and the way people have attempted to justify it is due to bailouts but as I
have said a bailout is not part of the neoliberal school of thought so if you have a problem
with bailouts you don't have a problem with neoliberalism.
@murielbelcher - I don't want to go to far into Thatcherism because it is slightly off topic.
The early 80s recession was a global recession and yes during the first few years
unemployment soared. Why was that because the trade unions were running amok the UK was
losing millions of days of work per month.
theguardianisrubbish -> someoneionceknew ,
Inflation was getting out of control and the only
way to solve it was a self induced recession. You cannot seriously believe that without the
reforms that she implemented we would not have recovered as quick as we did nor can you argue
that it was possible for her or anyone else to turn around such an inefficient industry.
Don't forget the problems of the manufacturing industry go back way before Thatcher's time.
MysticFish -> MickGJ ,
"Here's your problem. You believe that banks lend savings. They don't. Loans create
deposits create reserves."
I am not claiming to be an expert on this if you are then let me know and please do
correct me. I agree banks do not lend deposits but they do lend savings. There is a
difference putting money on deposit is different to say putting money into an ISA. I don't
agree though that deposits create reserves I believe that they come from the central bank
otherwise banks would be constrained by the amount of deposits in the system which is not
true and something you have said is not true.
Nevertheless, the majority of liquidity in the bond markets (like most other markets)
comes from institutional investors, i.e pension funds, unit trusts, insurance companies, etc.
They get their money from savings by consumers as well as sometimes companies. Ok we don't
always give our money to insurance companies when we save but via premiums is another way the
ordinary consumer contributes to this so called "debt industry". I also said that foreign and
local governments buy debt and companies invest directly into the debt market.
@MickGJ - Business-friendly to who exactly: the nation or hostile overseas speculators?
theguardianisrubbish -> TedSmithAndSon ,
theguardianisrubbish -> theonionmurders ,
"In theory the banks should have been allowed to go bust, but the consequences where deemed
too high (as they inevitable are). "
Iceland would disagree.
"The result is socialism for the rich using the poor as the excuse, which is the reality
Why have only the rich benefited from the bailout? You are not making any sense.
"The result is socialism for the rich using the poor as the excuse, which is the reality
Why? You cannot just say a statement like that and not expand, it makes no sense.
"Thatcher "revitalised" banking, while everything else withered and died."
...but also revitalised the economy and got everyone back to work.
"Neoliberalism is based on the thought that you get as much freedom as you can pay for,
otherwise you can just pay... like everyone else."
Again you have to expand on this because it makes no sense.
"In Asia and South America it has been the economic preference of dictators that pushes
profit upwards and responsibility down, just like it does here."
Don't think that is true in most cases nor would it make sense. Why would a dictator who
wants as much power as possible operate a laissez-faire economy? You cannot have personal
freedom without having economic freedom, it is a necessary not sufficient condition. Tell me
a case where these is a large degree of political freedom but little to no economic freedom.
Moreover look at the countries in Asia and South America that have adopted a neoliberal
agenda and notice their how poverty as reduced significantly.
"I find it ironic that it now has 5 year plans that absolutely must not be deviated from,
massive state intervention in markets (QE, housing policy, tax credits... insert where
applicable), and advocates large scale central planning even as it denies reality, and makes
the announcement from a tractor factory."
Who has 5 year plans?
"In theory it's one thing, the reality is entirely different."
If the reality is different to the theory then it is not neoliberalism that is being
implemented therefore it makes no sense to dispute the theory. Look at where it has been
implemented, the best case in the world at the moment is Hong Kong look at how well that
country has performed.
"a massive lie told by rich people "
I can assure you I am not rich.
"Until we're rid of it, we're all it's slaves."
Neoliberalism is based on personal freedom. If you believe this about neoliberalism in your
opinion give me one economic school of thought where this does not apply.
ATrueFinn -> fireman36 ,
"Bailouts have been a constant feature of neoliberalism."
What you are saying does not make sense. Whatever you say about that there was no where else
to turn the government had to bailout out the banks a neolibralist would disagree.
"In fact the role of the state is simply reduced to a merely commissioning agent to
private parasitical corporations. "
That's corporatism which so far you have described pretty well.
"History has shown the state playing this role since neoliberalism became embedded in
policy since the 1970s - Long Term Capital Management, Savings and Loans, The Brady Plan,
numerous PFI bailouts and those of the Western banking system during the 1982 South American,
1997 Asian and 2010 European debt crises."
What?! Bailouts have been occurring before the industrial revolution. Deregulation in the
UK occurred mainly during the 80s not 70's. Furthermore financial deregulation occurred in
the UK in 1986. In the USA the major piece of financial deregulation was the Gramm Leach
Bliley Act which was passed in 1999. So you have just undercut your own point with the
examples you gave above. You could argue Argentina and we could argue all day about the
causes of that, but I would say that any government that pursues an expansionary monetary
policy under a fixed ER is never going to end well.
"...policy if you won't flick through a book."
My point was that when people quote a source they tend to either quote the page that the
point comes from. To be honest if this book is telling you that neoliberalism and
neoclassical are significantly different (which you seemed to suggest in you earlier post)
then I would suggest put the book down.
@ fireman36 09 June 2013 1:32am
Grich -> MatthewBall ,
Don't like it? Change the rules.
"Google, Amazon and Apple... avoid their taxes, because they can, because they are more
powerful than governments."
Yes to the first, no to the second. Corporations with revenues exceeding the GDP of a small nation have quite a lot of power:
Exxon's revenue is between the GDP of Norway and Austria. In Finland Nokia generated 3 4 % of the GDP for a decade and the government bent backwards
to accommodate its polite requests, including a specific law reducing the privacy of
oriel46 -> Fachan , 8 Jun 2013
I am not sure if this is true. We have the same economic system (broadly speaking,
capitalism) as nearly every country in the world, and the world economy is growing at a
reasonable rate, at around 3-4% for 2013-14 (see
http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/weo/2013/01/pdf/c1.pdf for more details).
We percieve a problem in (most of) Europe and North America because our economies are
growing more slowly than this, and in some cases not at all. The global growth figure comes
out healthy because of strong growth in the emerging countries, like China, Brazil and
India, who are narrowing the gap between their living standards and ours. So, the world as
a whole isn't broken, even if our bit of it is going through a rough patch.
What you have missed, is that the lions share of the proceeds of that growth are not going
to ordinary people but to a tiny minority of super rich. It is not working for the majority.
@Fachan - Except that it isn't capitalism that was being criticized here, but neoliberalism:
a distinction that's often lost on neoliberals themselves, ironically.
TomorrowsWorld , 8 Jun 2013 19:58
I'm sure that Denis Healy and any number of African economists would confirm that the IMF is
quite simply a refuge of absolutely last resort, when investor confidence in your economy is
so shattered that the only way ahead is to open the shark gates and allow big money to
plunder whatever value remains there, without the benefit of any noticeable return for your
people. Greece is but one more victim of a syndrome that encompasses all the science and
forensic analysis of ritual sacrifice.
murielbelcher -> OneCommentator ,
@OneCommentator - don't confuse economic deregulation which acted as handmaiden to global
finance and multinationals as economic freedoms for population
murielbelcher -> theguardianisrubbish
, 8 Jun
China's govt was doing what china's govt had decided to do from 1978 BEFORE the election
of Thatcher in 1979 or Reagan in 1980 (office from Jan 1981), so very little correlation
there I think
The GATT rounds whether you agree with their aims or not were the products of the post war
decades, again before Thatcher and Reagan came to power
The golden age of 1945 - 1975 or so witnessed huge rises in standards of living so your
point linking neo-liberalism to rising standards of living is literally meaningless. There
was an explosive growth in economic activity during the three or four post war decades
@theguardianisrubbish - you can't get away with this
fireman36 , 8 Jun 2013 19:03
She DID not get everyone back to work again. There were two recessions at either end of the 1980s. She TRIPLED unemployment during the first half of the 1980s and introduced the phenomenon
of high structural unemployment and placing people on invalidity benefits to massage the
headline unemployment count. Give us the figures to back up your assertion that she "got
everyone back to work again." I suspect that you cannot and your statement stands for the
utter nonsense that it is in any kind of reality.
A few months after she was forced out Tory Chancellor Norman Lamont in 1991 during yet
another recession declared that "unemployment was a price worth paying"!!!
Neo-liberalism is based on the thought of personal freedom for the rich and powerful
elites is all. Many people across the globe were lifted out of poverty between 1945-1980 so
what does your statement about neo-liberalism prove
It is you who should open your eyes and stop expecting people on here to accept your
ideological beliefs and statements as facts.
Because they are not: in no shape, way or form
Not very impressed to be honest. For starters:
MickGJ -> JohnBroggio ,
"The IMF exists to lend money to governments, so it's comic that it wags its finger at
governments that run up debt. And, of course, its loans famously come with strings attached:
adopt a free-market economy, or strengthen the one you have, kissing goodbye to the Big
That's glib and inaccurate. A better read about the IMF from an insider:
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2009/05/the-quiet-coup/307364/ Digest: the biggest problem the IMF have to deal with in bailouts is always the politics
of cronyism; free-market oligarchs and government in cahoots.
"Many IMF programs "go off track" (a euphemism) precisely because the government can't
stay tough on erstwhile cronies, and the consequences are massive inflation or other
disasters. A program "goes back on track" once the government prevails or powerful oligarchs
sort out among themselves who will govern -- and thus win or lose -- under the IMF-supported
plan. The real fight in Thailand and Indonesia in 1997 was about which powerful families
would lose their banks. In Thailand, it was handled relatively smoothly. In Indonesia, it led
to the fall of President Suharto and economic chaos."
Generally whoever happens to be in opposition at the time. This made the LibDems
the ideal (sorry) choice for a long time but then they broke a long-standing if unspoken
promise that they would never actually be in government.
@JohnBroggio - who caters for the idealist vote?
Last weekś Economist has some very interesting stuff from the British Social
Attitudes survey which shows the increasing drift away from collectivist ideals towards
liberalism over each succeeding generation.
The assumption shared by many round here that the young are some untapped resource of
revolutionary energy is deeply mistaken
"... The crash was a write-off, not a repair job. The response should be a wholesale reevaluation of the way in which wealth is created and distributed around the globe ..."
"... The IMF also admits that it "underestimated" the effect austerity would have on Greece. Obviously, the rest of the Troika takes no issue with that. Even those who substitute "kick up the arse to all the lazy scroungers" whenever they encounter the word "austerity", have cottoned on to the fact that the word can only be intoned with facial features locked into a suitably tragic mask. ..."
"... Yet, mealy-mouthed and hotly contested as this minor mea culpa is, it's still a sign that financial institutions may slowly be coming round to the idea that they are the problem. ..."
"... Markets cannot be free. Markets have to be nurtured. They have to be invested in. Markets have to be grown. Google, Amazon and Apple haven't taught anyone in this country to read. But even though an illiterate market wouldn't be so great for them, they avoid their taxes, because they can, because they are more powerful than governments. ..."
"... The neoliberalism that the IMF still preaches pays no account to any of this. It insists that the provision of work alone is enough of an invisible hand to sustain a market. Yet even Adam Smith, the economist who came up with that theory , did not agree that economic activity alone was enough to keep humans decent and civilised. ..."
"... Governments are left with the bill when neoliberals demand access to markets that they refuse to invest in making. Their refusal allows them to rail against the Big State while producing the conditions that make it necessary. ..."
The crash was a write-off, not a repair job. The response should be a wholesale reevaluation of the way in which wealth is
created and distributed around the globe
Sat 8 Jun 2013 02.59 EDT First published on Sat 8 Jun 2013 02.59 EDT
The IMF's limited admission of guilt over the Greek bailout is a start, but they still can't see the global financial system's
fundamental flaws, writes Deborah Orr. Photograph: Boris Roessler/DPA FILE T he International Monetary Fund has admitted that some
of the decisions it made in the wake of the 2007-2008 financial crisis were wrong, and that the €130bn first bailout of Greece was
"bungled". Well, yes. If it hadn't been a mistake, then it would have been the only bailout and everyone in Greece would have lived
happily ever after.
Actually, the IMF hasn't quite admitted that it messed things up. It has said instead that it went along with its partners in
"the Troika" – the European Commission and the European Central Bank – when it shouldn't have. The EC and the ECB, says the IMF,
put the interests of the eurozone before the interests of Greece. The EC and the ECB, in turn, clutch their pearls and splutter with
horror that they could be accused of something so petty as self-preservation.
The IMF also admits that it "underestimated" the effect austerity would have on Greece. Obviously, the rest of the Troika takes
no issue with that. Even those who substitute "kick up the arse to all the lazy scroungers" whenever they encounter the word "austerity",
have cottoned on to the fact that the word can only be intoned with facial features locked into a suitably tragic mask.
Yet, mealy-mouthed and hotly contested as this minor mea culpa is, it's still a sign that financial institutions may slowly be
coming round to the idea that they are the problem. They know the crash was a debt-bubble that burst. What they don't seem to acknowledge
is that the merry days of reckless lending are never going to return; even if they do, the same thing will happen again, but more
quickly and more savagely. The thing is this: the crash was a write-off, not a repair job. The response from the start should have
been a wholesale reevaluation of the way in which wealth is created and distributed around the globe, a "structural adjustment",
as the philosopher
John Gray has said all along.
The IMF exists to lend money to governments, so it's comic that it wags its finger at governments that run up debt. And, of course,
its loans famously come with strings attached: adopt a free-market economy, or strengthen the one you have, kissing goodbye to the
Big State. Yet, the irony is painful. Neoliberal ideology insists that states are too big and cumbersome, too centralised and faceless,
to be efficient and responsive. I agree. The problem is that the ruthless sentimentalists of neoliberalism like to tell themselves
– and anyone else who will listen – that removing the dead hand of state control frees the individual citizen to be entrepreneurial
and productive. Instead, it places the financially powerful beyond any state, in an international elite that makes its own rules,
and holds governments to ransom. That's what the financial crisis was all about. The ransom was paid, and as a result, governments
have been obliged to limit their activities yet further – some setting about the task with greater relish than others. Now the task,
supposedly, is to get the free market up and running again.
But the basic problem is this: it costs a lot of money to cultivate a market – a group of consumers – and the more sophisticated
the market is, the more expensive it is to cultivate them. A developed market needs to be populated with educated, healthy, cultured,
law-abiding and financially secure people – people who expect to be well paid themselves, having been brought up believing in material
aspiration, as consumers need to be.
So why, exactly, given the huge amount of investment needed to create such a market, should access to it then be "free"? The neoliberal
idea is that the cultivation itself should be conducted privately as well. They see "austerity" as a way of forcing that agenda.
But how can the privatisation of societal welfare possibly happen when unemployment is already high, working people are turning to
food banks to survive and the debt industry, far from being sorry that it brought the global economy to its knees, is snapping up
bargains in the form of busted high-street businesses to establish shops with nothing to sell but high-interest debt? Why, you have
to ask yourself, is this vast implausibility, this sheer unsustainability, not blindingly obvious to all?
Markets cannot be free. Markets have to be nurtured. They have to be invested in. Markets have to be grown. Google, Amazon
and Apple haven't taught anyone in this country to read. But even though an illiterate market wouldn't be so great for them, they
avoid their taxes, because they can, because they are more powerful than governments.
And further, those who invest in these companies, and insist that taxes should be low to encourage private profit and shareholder
value, then lend governments the money they need to create these populations of sophisticated producers and consumers, berating them
for their profligacy as they do so. It's all utterly, completely, crazy.
The other day a health minister,
, suggested that female GPs who worked part-time so that they could bring up families were putting the NHS under strain. The
compartmentalised thinking is quite breathtaking. What on earth does she imagine? That it would be better for the economy if they
all left school at 16? On the contrary, the more people who are earning good money while working part-time – thus having the leisure
to consume – the better. No doubt these female GPs are sustaining both the pharmaceutical industry and the arts and media, both sectors
that Britain does well in.
As for their prioritising of family life over career – that's just another of the myriad ways in which Conservative neoliberalism
is entirely without logic. Its prophets and its disciples will happily – ecstatically – tell you that there's nothing more important
than family, unless you're a family doctor spending some of your time caring for your own. You couldn't make these characters up.
It is certainly true that women with children find it more easy to find part-time employment in the public sector. But that's a prima
facie example of how unresponsive the private sector is to human and societal need, not – as it is so often presented – evidence
that the public sector is congenitally disabled.
Much of the healthy economic growth – as opposed to the smoke and mirrors of many aspects of financial services – that Britain
enjoyed during the second half of the 20th century was due to women swelling the educated workforce. Soubry and her ilk, above all
else, forget that people have multiple roles, as consumers, as producers, as citizens and as family members. All of those things
have to be nurtured and invested in to make a market.
The neoliberalism that the IMF still preaches pays no account to any of this. It insists that the provision of work alone
is enough of an invisible hand to sustain a market. Yet even Adam Smith, the economist who
came up with that theory , did not agree
that economic activity alone was enough to keep humans decent and civilised.
Governments are left with the bill when neoliberals demand access to markets that they refuse to invest in making. Their refusal
allows them to rail against the Big State while producing the conditions that make it necessary. And even as the results of their
folly become ever more plain to see, they are grudging in their admittance of the slightest blame, bickering with their allies instead
of waking up, smelling the coffee and realizing that far too much of it is sold through Starbucks.
"... The era of neoliberalism has seen a massive increase in government, not a shrinkage. The biggest change is the role of governments - to protect markets rather than to protect the rights and dignities of its citizens. When viewed by outcome rather than ideological rhetoric, it becomes increasingly clear that neoliberalism has nothing to do with shrinking the state, freeing markets, or freeing the individual, and everything to do with a massive power grab by a global elite. ..."
"... What was the billions of pounds in bank bailout welfare and recession on costs all about? You tell me. All the result of the application of your extremist free market ideology? Let the banks run wild, they mess up and the taxpayer has to step in with bailout welfare and pay to clear up the recession debris ..."
"... Market participants and their venal political friends have during the past 30 years of extremist neo-liberal ideology rigged, abused, distorted and subverted their market and elite power to tilt the economic and social balance massively in their favour ..."
"... Neo liberalism = the favoured ideology of the very rich and powerful elite ..."
"... at last somebody is looking at globalisation and asking whose interests is it designed to serve? It certainly ain't for the people. ..."
"... the highly placed banking and financial class are along with their venal political mates ..."
"... We've had three decades of asset stripping in favor of the rich elites and look at the mess we're in now. ..."
"... I strongly believe that people are not being told the full story. Like the NSA surveillance revelation, the effects will not be pretty when the facts are known. No country needs the IMF. ..."
"... The mythology surrounding deficits and national debt is a religion that the world is in desperate need of debunking. Like religion, the mythology is used as a means of power and entrenchment of privilege for the Ruling Caste, not the plebs (lesser mortals). ..."
justamug , 8 Jun 2013 18:09
This article is a testament to our ignorance. Orr is no intellectual slouch, but somehow,
like many in the mainstream, she still fails to address some fundamental assumptions and thus
ends up with a muddled argument.murielbelcher -> MurchuantEacnamai
, 8 Jun
"What they don't seem to acknowledge is that the merry days of reckless lending are never
going to return;"
Lending has not stopped - it's just moved out of one market into another. Banks are making
profits, and banks profit are made by expanding credit.
Yes and no. There is a difference between what is preached and what happens in practice. The
era of neoliberalism has seen a massive increase in government, not a shrinkage. The biggest
change is the role of governments - to protect markets rather than to protect the rights and
dignities of its citizens. When viewed by outcome rather than ideological rhetoric, it
becomes increasingly clear that neoliberalism has nothing to do with shrinking the state,
freeing markets, or freeing the individual, and everything to do with a massive power grab by
a global elite.
Neoliberal ideology insists that states are too big and cumbersome, too centralised and
faceless, to be efficient and responsive.
freedomrespect , 8 Jun 2013 18:00
@MurchuantEacnamai - well righty ideologues such as yourself and your venal political
acolytes have utterly failed to support the case or institute measures that: "apply effective
democratic governance to ensure market
What was the billions of pounds in bank bailout welfare and recession on costs all about?
You tell me. All the result of the application of your extremist free market ideology? Let
the banks run wild, they mess up and the taxpayer has to step in with bailout welfare and pay
to clear up the recession debris
Market participants and their venal political friends have during the past 30 years of
extremist neo-liberal ideology rigged, abused, distorted and subverted their market and elite
power to tilt the economic and social balance massively in their favour
You the taxpayer are good enough to bail us out when we mess up but then we demand that
your services are cut in return and that your employment is ever more precarious and wages
depressed (at the lower end of the scale - never ever the higher of course!! That's the
neo-liberal deal isn't it
Neo liberalism = the favoured ideology of the very rich and powerful elite and boy don't
they know how to work its levers
Very insightful commentary and at last somebody is looking at globalisation and asking whose
interests is it designed to serve? It certainly ain't for the people. Amazing it's been
approved on a UK liberal newspaper as well!
Boguille -> Fachan ,
@Fachan - There was nothing in the article about envy. It was an exposition of the failure of
our present system which allows the rich to get ever richer. That would be fine if it weren't
for the fact that the increasing disparity in wealth is bringing down the economy and making
it less productive while leaving a large part of the population in, or on the verge of,