|May the source be with you, but remember the KISS principle ;-)|
|Contents||Bulletin||Scripting in shell and Perl||Network troubleshooting||History||Humor|
|News||Main page||Recommended Links||Selected Songs||Selected female singers||Selected male singers||Waltz||Choirs||Russian interpretation of foreign hits|
|Romances||Songs of the wartime||Duets||Old Russian Rock Groups||Bards||Russian Basso Profondo||Classic Ukrainian songs||Songs from Famous Russian Cartoons||Balalaika Hits|
|Russian Tango||Female Vocal Groups||Songs from Popular Russian Films||Humor||Etc|
Dmitri Aleksandrovich Hvorostovsky (Russian: Дмитрий Александрович Хворостовский, born October 16, 1962), is a leading opera singer from Russia.
Hvorostovsky was born in Krasnoyarsk in Siberia. He studied at the Krasnoyarsk School of Arts under Yekatherina Yofel and made his debut at Krasnoyarsk Opera House, in the role of Marullo in Rigoletto. He went on to win First Prize at both the Russian Glinka Competition in 1987 and the Toulouse Singing Competition in 1988. Hvorostovsky came to international prominence in 1989 when he won the Cardiff BBC Singer of the World competition, beating local favorite Bryn Terfel in the final round. His performance included Handel's Ombra mai fu and Per me giunto...O Carlo ascolta from Verdi's Don Carlo. His international concert recitals began immediately (London debut, 1989; New York 1990).
His operatic debut in the West was at the Nice Opera in The Queen of Spades (1989). In Italy he debuted at La Fenice as Eugene Onegin, a success that sealed his reputation, and made his American operatic debut with the Lyric Opera of Chicago (1993) in La traviata.
He has since sung at virtually every major opera house, including the Metropolitan Opera (debut 1995), the Royal Opera House at Covent Garden, the Berlin State Opera, La Scala and the Vienna State Opera. He is especially renowned for his portrayal of the title character in Tchaikovsky's Eugene Onegin; the New York Times described him as "born to play the role." 
In 2002, Hvorostovsky performed at the Russian Children's Welfare Society's major fund raiser, the "Petroushka Ball". He is an Honorary Director of the charity.
A tall man with a striking head of prematurely silver hair, Hvorostovsky has achieved international acclaim as an opera performer as well as a concert artist. He was cast in People magazine's 50 most beautiful people, a rare occurrence for a classical musician. His high, medium-weight voice has the typical liquid timbre of Russian baritones.
Recently Hvorostovsky has been moving into more Verdi roles: in 2008 alone he will have sung in Un ballo in maschera, La traviata, Simon Boccanegra and Don Carlos  He has also appeared in Rigoletto and Il Trovatore in a David McVicar production at The Met with Sondra Radvanovsky.
Nov 22, 2017 | The New York Times
Dmitri Hvorostovsky, the charismatic Siberian baritone who won critical acclaim and devoted fans around the world for his burnished voice, uncanny breath control and rueful expressivity, died on Wednesday in London. He was 55.
Mark Hildrew of Askonas Holt, the talent management agency that represented Mr. Hvorostovsky, said the cause was brain cancer. Mr. Hvorostovsky announced the diagnosis in June 2015 and died in a hospice facility near his London home.
A favorite of audiences thanks to his alluring voice and heartthrob presence, Mr. Hvorostovsky cut a striking figure, his trim 6-foot-1 frame topped by a mane of prematurely white hair.
He also had a compelling personal story: He escaped the street-gang life as a teenager in a grim Siberian city, found his talent there despite the region's cultural isolation, and overcame a tempestuous drinking problem that could have ruined his career.
Mr. Hvorostovsky was essentially a lyric baritone with a lighter voice. But his distinctive sound - with its russet colorings and slightly hooded quality, combining Russian-style melancholy with velvety Italianate lyricism - was so penetrating, he could send big top notes soaring. He could command the stage, and at his best he was a nuanced actor.
Softpanorama hot topic of the month
Сranes - Журавли́ - Zhuravli - Dmitri Hvorostovsky (2016)
Хворостовский Гори, гори, моя звезда D. Hvorostovsky Shine, shine, my star
- Eugen Onegin
- Dmitri Hvorostovsky - Vy mne pisali... Kogda by zhizn (Japan 2005)
- Anna Netrebko - Dmitri Hvorostovsky - Finale - Eugen Onegin - Tchaikovski
- Dmitri Hvorostovsky - Eugene Onegin - Act III Arioso
- Hvorostovsky & Vargas - Eugene Onegin - Duel Scene
- Dmitri Hvorostovsky - Eugene Onegin - Onegin's Act I aria
- Netrebko, Hvorostovsky, Onegin part 2 in Toronto 2017
- Eugene Onegin Final Scene (Renee Fleming, Dmitri Hvorostovsky)
- Queen of Spades
- Дмитрий Хворостовский Серенада Дон Жуана
- Dmitri Hvorostovsky - Prince Igor' Aria
- Waltz from War and Peace - Hvorostovsky and Mataeva
- Dmitri Hvorostovsky The Toreador Song
- Il barbiere di siviglia Largo al factotum
- Dmitri Hvorostovsky - Urna Fatale (Verdi La Forza del Destino)
- Elīna Garanča - Dmitri Hvorostovsky - La ci darem la mano de Don Giovanni de Mozart (español)
- Hvorostovsky, Domashenko, Siurina La ci darem la mano
- Hvorostovsky Deh vieni alla finestra (Don Giovanni Unmasked
- Hvorostovsky & Siurina - Rigoletto duet 2-2 (Vendetta, tremenda vendetta)
- Hvorostovsky in 1990 - Caro mio ben (Giordani)
- Dmitri Hvorostovsky - Core 'ngrato
Classic Italian songs
- O Sole Mio - Dmitri Hvorostovsky
- Canzonetta semplice (Простая песенка)
- Dmitri Hvorostovsky - Dicitencello vuie
- ПАМЯТИ ПЕВЦА АДАЖИО - поёт Дмитрий Хворостовский в сопровождении группы Кватро
- Hvorostovsky - Parlami D'amore Mariu
- Дмитрий Хворостовский - Я люблю тебя жизнь (Э.Колмановский - К.Ваншенкин)
- Dmitri Hvorostovsky Kak molody my byli (Как Молоды мы Были)
- A.Garifullina & D.Hvorostovsk✮♫ Moskauer Nächte-Sommernachtsgala Grafenegg
- KATYUSHA (КАТЮШA) - Dmitri Hvorostovsky (2004)
- Где-То Далеко Дмитрий Хворостовский (4.2003)
- Dmitri Hvorostovsky - Tenderness
- Evening Song - Leningrad - Dmitri Hvorostovsky
- Хворостовский Три года ты мне снилась Hvorostovsky Three years you were in my dreams
- Дмитрий Хворостовский - Как молоды мы были
- Rodina Slyshit (The Motherland Hears) Dmitri Hvorostovsky
- Благодарю тебя (I'm grateful to you) - Dmitri Hvorostovsky (2012)
- Не спеши Дмитрий Хворостовский (9.2006)
- Одинокая Гармонь Дмитрий Хворостовский (4.2003)
- Dmitri Hvorostovsky & Sumi Jo - Kak mnogo devushek khoroshikh
Classic Russian songs
- Dmitri Hvorostovsky - Coachman, Do Not Rush the Horses
- Dmitri Hvorostovsky - The Lonely Coach-Bell Rings Monotonously
- Hvorostovsky - Troika
- Dmitri Hvorostovsky - Korobyeiniki
- Dmitri Hvorostovsky - There is a snowstorm along the street
- Dmitri Hvorostovsky - Oh, you, fair maiden
- Hvorostovsky - Ноченька
- Тройка мчится, тройка скачет Дмитрий Хворостовский
- Dimitri Hvorostovsky, Nicolai Gedda Korobuska
- Hvorostovsky - Troika
- Утро туманное Дмитрий Хворостовский (9.2006)
- Хворостовский Гори, гори, моя звезда D. Hvorostovsky Shine, shine, my star
- Dark eyes (Очи чёрные) - Dmitri Hvorostovsky (2007)
- Dmitri Hvorostovsky - Bright Is the Night
- Dmitri Hvorostovsky - Only once (German - Fomin)
- Dmitri Hvorostovsky - I Walk Out Alone Upon My Way
- Hvorostovsky - Little Bell
- Ya vas lyublyu - Dmitri Hvorostovsky
- Tol'ko Raz (Only Once). Dmitri Khvorostovsky
- Дмитрий Хворостовский. Я помню чудное мгновенье
- Дмитрий Хворостовский Средь шумного бала
- Ya v Stretil Vas. Khvorostovsky
- But I Love You, Nevertheless. Dmitri Khvorostovsky
- Дмитрий Хворостовский. Вам не понять моей печали- Dmitri Hvorostovsky. You cannot feel my sorrow
- Не пробуждай воспоминаний Дмитрий Хворостовский 9.2006
- Hvorostovsky - Не пой, красавица...
- Дмитрий Хворостовский. О, если б мог выразить в звуке
- Last Battle
- Темная ночь (The dark night) - Дмитрий Хворостовский (2015)
- На Безымянной Высоте Дмитрий Хворостовский (4.2003)
- The Last Battle. Dmitri Khvorostovsky
- Дороги Дмитрий Хворостовский (4.2003)
- Моя Москва Дмитрий Хворостовский (4.2003)
- Случайный Вальс Дмитрий Хворостовский (4.2003)
- Дмитрий Хворостовский. С чего начинается Родина
- Dmitri Hvorostovsky -- Soldiers are Coming
- Баллада о солдате (The Ballad of the Soldier) - Дмитрий Хворостовский (2015)
- Горячий снег (Hot Snow) - Дмитрий Хворостовский (2015)
- Минуты тишины (Minutes of silence) - Дмитрий Хворостовский (2015)
- Дмитрий Хворостовский. Алёша
- Katyusha KATUSHA Katiusha - Dmitri Hvorostovsky...
- Zhuravli (The White Cranes). Dmitri Khvorostovsky
- Zavetnui Kamen
- Russkoye Pole (Russian Fields). Dmitri Khvorostovsky
- Dremliut Plakuchiye Ivi (The Weeping Willows Slumber)
- Soviet songs by Dmitri Hvorostovskii Amurskie volny
- Dmitri Hvorostovsky -- Soldiers are Coming(Vot Soldaty Idut)
- Mandshurian kummut - Dmitri Hvorostovsky - Na sopkah Manchzhurii
FAIR USE NOTICE This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit exclusivly for research and educational purposes. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
ABUSE: IPs or network segments from which we detect a stream of probes might be blocked for no less then 90 days. Multiple types of probes increase this period.
Groupthink : Two Party System as Polyarchy : Corruption of Regulators : Bureaucracies : Understanding Micromanagers and Control Freaks : Toxic Managers : Harvard Mafia : Diplomatic Communication : Surviving a Bad Performance Review : Insufficient Retirement Funds as Immanent Problem of Neoliberal Regime : PseudoScience : Who Rules America : Neoliberalism : The Iron Law of Oligarchy : Libertarian Philosophy
War and Peace : Skeptical Finance : John Kenneth Galbraith :Talleyrand : Oscar Wilde : Otto Von Bismarck : Keynes : George Carlin : Skeptics : Propaganda : SE quotes : Language Design and Programming Quotes : Random IT-related quotes : Somerset Maugham : Marcus Aurelius : Kurt Vonnegut : Eric Hoffer : Winston Churchill : Napoleon Bonaparte : Ambrose Bierce : Bernard Shaw : Mark Twain Quotes
Vol 25, No.12 (December, 2013) Rational Fools vs. Efficient Crooks The efficient markets hypothesis : Political Skeptic Bulletin, 2013 : Unemployment Bulletin, 2010 : Vol 23, No.10 (October, 2011) An observation about corporate security departments : Slightly Skeptical Euromaydan Chronicles, June 2014 : Greenspan legacy bulletin, 2008 : Vol 25, No.10 (October, 2013) Cryptolocker Trojan (Win32/Crilock.A) : Vol 25, No.08 (August, 2013) Cloud providers as intelligence collection hubs : Financial Humor Bulletin, 2010 : Inequality Bulletin, 2009 : Financial Humor Bulletin, 2008 : Copyleft Problems Bulletin, 2004 : Financial Humor Bulletin, 2011 : Energy Bulletin, 2010 : Malware Protection Bulletin, 2010 : Vol 26, No.1 (January, 2013) Object-Oriented Cult : Political Skeptic Bulletin, 2011 : Vol 23, No.11 (November, 2011) Softpanorama classification of sysadmin horror stories : Vol 25, No.05 (May, 2013) Corporate bullshit as a communication method : Vol 25, No.06 (June, 2013) A Note on the Relationship of Brooks Law and Conway Law
Fifty glorious years (1950-2000): the triumph of the US computer engineering : Donald Knuth : TAoCP and its Influence of Computer Science : Richard Stallman : Linus Torvalds : Larry Wall : John K. Ousterhout : CTSS : Multix OS Unix History : Unix shell history : VI editor : History of pipes concept : Solaris : MS DOS : Programming Languages History : PL/1 : Simula 67 : C : History of GCC development : Scripting Languages : Perl history : OS History : Mail : DNS : SSH : CPU Instruction Sets : SPARC systems 1987-2006 : Norton Commander : Norton Utilities : Norton Ghost : Frontpage history : Malware Defense History : GNU Screen : OSS early history
The Peter Principle : Parkinson Law : 1984 : The Mythical Man-Month : How to Solve It by George Polya : The Art of Computer Programming : The Elements of Programming Style : The Unix Hater’s Handbook : The Jargon file : The True Believer : Programming Pearls : The Good Soldier Svejk : The Power Elite
Most popular humor pages:
Manifest of the Softpanorama IT Slacker Society : Ten Commandments of the IT Slackers Society : Computer Humor Collection : BSD Logo Story : The Cuckoo's Egg : IT Slang : C++ Humor : ARE YOU A BBS ADDICT? : The Perl Purity Test : Object oriented programmers of all nations : Financial Humor : Financial Humor Bulletin, 2008 : Financial Humor Bulletin, 2010 : The Most Comprehensive Collection of Editor-related Humor : Programming Language Humor : Goldman Sachs related humor : Greenspan humor : C Humor : Scripting Humor : Real Programmers Humor : Web Humor : GPL-related Humor : OFM Humor : Politically Incorrect Humor : IDS Humor : "Linux Sucks" Humor : Russian Musical Humor : Best Russian Programmer Humor : Microsoft plans to buy Catholic Church : Richard Stallman Related Humor : Admin Humor : Perl-related Humor : Linus Torvalds Related humor : PseudoScience Related Humor : Networking Humor : Shell Humor : Financial Humor Bulletin, 2011 : Financial Humor Bulletin, 2012 : Financial Humor Bulletin, 2013 : Java Humor : Software Engineering Humor : Sun Solaris Related Humor : Education Humor : IBM Humor : Assembler-related Humor : VIM Humor : Computer Viruses Humor : Bright tomorrow is rescheduled to a day after tomorrow : Classic Computer Humor
The Last but not Least
Copyright © 1996-2016 by Dr. Nikolai Bezroukov. www.softpanorama.org was created as a service to the UN Sustainable Development Networking Programme (SDNP) in the author free time. This document is an industrial compilation designed and created exclusively for educational use and is distributed under the Softpanorama Content License.
Original materials copyright belong to respective owners. Quotes are made for educational purposes only in compliance with the fair use doctrine.
FAIR USE NOTICE This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available to advance understanding of computer science, IT technology, economic, scientific, and social issues. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided by section 107 of the US Copyright Law according to which such material can be distributed without profit exclusively for research and educational purposes.
This is a Spartan WHYFF (We Help You For Free) site written by people for whom English is not a native language. Grammar and spelling errors should be expected. The site contain some broken links as it develops like a living tree...
|You can use PayPal to make a contribution, supporting development of this site and speed up access. In case softpanorama.org is down you can use the at softpanorama.info|
The statements, views and opinions presented on this web page are those of the author (or referenced source) and are not endorsed by, nor do they necessarily reflect, the opinions of the author present and former employers, SDNP or any other organization the author may be associated with. We do not warrant the correctness of the information provided or its fitness for any purpose.
Last modified: November 28, 2017